User Reviews for Paroxetine to treat Trichotillomania

Also known as: Paxil, Paxil CR, Brisdelle, Pexeva

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 1, 2021

“I had trichotillomania in one area of my face for several years until I took Paxil. I have a habit that I touch that area, but I can happily resist pulling my hair. And now, I feel that my urges are completely gone since the beginning of treatment.”

FeelingWell · Taken for less than 1 month February 7, 2020

Paxil (paroxetine): “I have Excoriation disorder and I been on Paxil for 3 days and the difference was immediate, it has really helped me. I emerged from a relapse and have not picked since beginning Paxil. I also look in mirrors less and when I do I like my appearance much more”

RachelSanders409 April 26, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine): “I have OCD, anxiety, and ADHD. I also pick my cuticles everyday. The official name is Dermatillomania and it's closely related to pulling hair out. I've been picking my cuticles for 25 years. There has never been a time when I did not pick them to some degree. I try to hide them and I frequently make them bleed. I take 450 mg of Wellbutrin XL and 25 mg of Paxil (by cutting the pills) daily. I started the Paxil almost a month ago for anxiety. While it has helped a lot with anxiety, it's even more incredible to me that my cuticles are now almost perfect with just one tiny blemish and my nails are long. This is the ONLY time they've looked like this since I started when I was 9 years old. Very, very pleased! No more hiding my fingers!”