User Reviews for Paxil CR

Panic Disorder 5.6
Summary of Paxil CR reviews 7.5 44 reviews

Reviews for Paxil CR

khpan February 19, 2020

For Anxiety: “It good for anexity but must take it more than one month to feel better.”

MAC · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 1, 2019

For Social Anxiety Disorder: “Shortly after I started Paxil- one to two weeks, I was a totally changed person. I felt so upbeat, could speak without any inhibition to any person or situation. I felt lightened and brightened... better than I can ever remember!! Then I developed the complication of several episodes of a really strong, accelerated heart beat rate that felt like my heart was going to fly up & out of my throat. My doctor of course took me off of it. I still yearn to try it again & see if I might have an improved outcome. I wish I knew the likelihood of being successful a second time. It improved my work, personal & any other social situation I can think of!!!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 5, 2019

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: “At 60 years old I finally decided to stop living with GAD. and started Paxil CR. Best decision ever. I feel "normal". I used to drive my kids crazy and dwell and ruminate. Not any more! It's been 2 years on 20 mg”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 26, 2019

For Social Anxiety Disorder: “Made my anxiety worse. I couldn't function at work or life in general.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 1, 2019

For Anxiety: “I took Paxil CR for anxiety for about 3 years. My max dosage was 67.5mg a day, which is too high. Paxil worked amazing for me for about 2 years at 37.5mg a day. After 2 years it started to lose efficacy, and that's when they kept raising my dosage. My main side effects were increased appetite (gained 20 lbs) and excessive sleepiness. Some nights I would sleep for 18-20 hours unintentionally. This was somewhat problematic. This drug did give me my life back when it worked and it did work very well for my anxiety for 2 years. Despite what people say, tapering off Paxil was not hard at all. My psychiatrist said that this is one of the stronger SSRI's that generally works fast and is great for anxiety.”

Monty · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 11, 2018

For Social Anxiety Disorder: “After taking this medicine for only second month now. I am feeling on cloud 9 . I had psychosexual generated erectile dysfunction. I use to discharge only within 10 seconds to 30 seconds before taking Paxil CR 12.5 now 25 mg. Now I can have sex now . I am now in driver seat of intercourse journey with controlled erection up to 30 minutes. Now I have confidence to please my lady.”

Kasham · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 29, 2018

For Social Anxiety Disorder: “I am 29 years old I am taking paxil CR. For the six years before taking paxil I tried on citalopram and Ecitalopram but they didn’t work for me. So then my Docter advised me to start on PAXIL CR. it changed my life. My depression and anxiety gone after 1 week and become a new person . But I have a bit problem whenever there are I have something stressful like an exam , interviews or any other related situation. Then I become so pressurized and stressed but this is the only problem now and my all other anxiety problems are eliminated now.”

somebody1278 · Taken for less than 1 month August 28, 2018

For Anxiety: “Started taking this about 3 weeks ago. I was having crippling anxiety symptoms. I feel much more levelled out - and don't feel affected in terms of clarity or my ability to think. My physical anxiety symptoms have much lessened and they're not a constant distraction, as they were before I was taking this. Very pleased my clinician put me on this. I've only had one possible uncommon side effect, there was a few days about a week in wherein I felt like my pupils were more dilated than usual (I would look at my pupils in the mirror and they seemed larger, but because I wasn't actually comparing this to before taking the medication, I couldn't be sure that this is what I was truly experiencing), but it was never for more than several minutes at a time; this side effect disappeared around the 2 week mark.”

Cassie870 February 20, 2018

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: “12.5 mg for 2 months and it really makes a difference. I was tired at first but seems I've settled in just fine.”

xgr February 10, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: “I experienced whole body seizures and upper back spasms with this medication.”

Kemz · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 1, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: “It has truly helped regulate my mood”

TWG74 June 7, 2017

“Paxil was a miracle drug for me in that it completely got rid of my anxiety and depression. The feeling of dread I'd been carrying around in the pit of my stomach for years was finally gone! However, it caused a 50 pound weight gain and as a result edema and other issues. I'm now on Wellbutrin XL and slowly starting to lose the weight.”

Aitezaz · Taken for less than 1 month May 15, 2017

For Anxiety: “It will do nothing negative. Give it a try to enjoy life. Life is short. Don't take the burden of social anxiety and panic attacks for your whole life. If you still feel terrible when taking Paxil use inderal as well and you will see an improvement in life. My score for Paxil CR is 9/10 in just days. PS if you ignore this illness it will give you IBS, high BP, anxiety, messes with career goals, gives heart problems, sleep problems, low energy, you need short naps, always low confidence and so on. I avoided medicines from age18 to 28 years and now finally I took the step for paxil. Stay blessed ....”

happy bunny October 7, 2016

For Anxiety: “After 5 years on Paxil, then 2 years on Paxil CR, I weaned myself off in 2 months. I had severe nausea, and abdominal pain for 3 months. I am back on Paxil 10 mg.daily, under a Physician Assistant's care to eventually wean off. Nausea is gone, as is the abdominal pain. It was so bad for those three months, I was hardly able to function, because of the extreme nausea.”

Ericka1234 August 31, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: “I was prescribed Paxil CR 12.5 for GAD which was mostly situational. I cannot tell you how awful of an experience it was for me. My anxiety went through the roof to the point I didn't want to leave home which is not like me at all. I became very depressed which I wasn't to start out with. Crying uncontrollably. Pacing and restless, could NOT sit still. Went from 140 pounds to 124 in 3 weeks. No appetite, intrusive/racing/all negative thoughts, couldn't sleep for more than an hour or two at a time, paranoid, confused, no concentration, no motivation, sweating, constant diarrhea, jaw clenching, stomach pains, body aches, dry mouth, yawning and dizziness. After 25 days on this med my doctor pulled the plug because I was better before it.”

Drexil August 14, 2016

For Social Anxiety Disorder: “I have started taking Paxil CR 12.5 mg six months ago, for my stuttering and fear of talking. In the beginning I felt slightly down and kind of panicky, but after 1 week those bad feelings went away completely. It has helped me a lot. I can say that my stuttering has improved. I am 80% fluent most of the time and even if I stutter I don't care that much anymore. I also feel closer to people and more confident in general. I feel happier also, and lost 4 kg due to the appetite loss and feeling full earlier. Sex drive has decreased a bit, but it does not interfere in my relationship. Somedays I get bursts of anger over small things. It has also cured my insomnia. Sometimes I feel dizzy but it is not bad and goes away fast.”

Fittykitty August 4, 2016

For Depression: “Pacil 30mg is great. I can say finally after 4 months the depression veil has lifted. This drug works great but very slowly. Give it time. It works!!”

June1978 June 12, 2016

For Anxiety: “Am able to drive around town way better, but not on freeways or bridges. Sometimes feel dizzy when tired or overexerting. Doing more fun stuff”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 9, 2016

For Panic Disorder: “I started taking this medication for anxiety and panic disorder. I felt like I was taking a placebo. It did nothing for me. I have since switched to Wellbutrin xl 150 mg and have never felt better!”

Zado 10111 · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 20, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: “Prior to getting on the aropax 12.5 I started having anxiety symptoms from nowhere. The meds have improved my quality of life quite a bit.”

hibz September 22, 2015

For Depression: “It was pretty efficient. within 3 months i had been out of my acute depressive episode, and full of life i hadn't experienced any increase in apetite as i was warned, and in fact it helped with my IBS a lot I was started on 25mg/day then 37.5mg/day for around 8 months after which I sought my doctor for Mania symtpoms i was experiencing very talktative, juggling thoughts, very rapid tone and rush of ideas when speaking, and most importantly insomnia!! anyhow, we had to emergency stop it, 25mg for 3 weeks then 12.5mg for one and then nothing WORST experience in the world it's very physically debilitating: nausea/ dizziniess/ wierd feeling ON my head had to take xanax to combat the withdrawal symptoms, couldnt leave the house for 2 mnoths!”

RonnieLou63 June 12, 2015

For Depression: “I tried so many medications before like prozac and zoloft. I can't remember the rest but they made me sick or suicidal. I've been on Paxil CR 12.5 for 10 yrs and never increased and it is the best one for me. I cannot live my life without paxil. It has made me a better person, mother, sister, and friend.”

KateisGrate January 19, 2015

For Panic Disorder: “Made my depression and anxiety worse. Caused more instances of suicidal ideation.”

NervousNelli July 27, 2014

For Panic Disorder: “Paxil CR has made a great impact on my quality of life. I started menopause and was dealing with stressful family health issues, both beginning at the same time. I begin to suffer from panic attacks and was overly sensitive to EVERYTHING. I was taking Lexapro which did not help at all. Paxil CR has been a God send for me.”

GJ72 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 23, 2013

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: “I have been dealing with anxiety all my life. I thought that was how everyone lived. Last year I had a debilitating episode of anxiety and finally sought help. After hearing my history the doctors wanted me to get on SSRI's asap. I resisted at first due to fears, but eventually relented. Started with 20mg a day of Paxil, was on that does for three months, and I still had some anxiety. Went up to 30mg and after the new dose kicked in, I have never felt better. It has been a year at 30mg's and my anxiety is gone, not just health anxiety but social anxiety, money anxiety. My mind finally works the way it was meant to and I owe it all to Paxil. ”