User Reviews for Paxil CR to treat Depression

Paxil CR has an average rating of 7.1 out of 10 from a total of 12 ratings for the treatment of Depression. 50% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 17% reported a negative effect.

Paxil CR Rating Summary

7.1/10 average rating

Compare all 189 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Paxil CR

RonnieLou63 June 12, 2015

“I tried so many medications before like prozac and zoloft. I can't remember the rest but they made me sick or suicidal. I've been on Paxil CR 12.5 for 10 yrs and never increased and it is the best one for me. I cannot live my life without paxil. It has made me a better person, mother, sister, and friend.”

AmyLynneECT August 8, 2013

“I have been on Paxil for a long time, years. I was hospitalized for my Bipolar Disorder and they increased the dose from 20-40mg. I got very agitated and very out of sorts. When I saw my psychiatrist she put the dose back to 20mg and I'm doing good again. More isn't always better!”

Anonymous July 14, 2013

“HUGE weight gain! From 135 lbs up to 205 lbs and there didn't seem to be any way to lose the weight. I am not an eater, or a snacker, if anything I can't manage breakfast and I eat a healthy sandwich for lunch and can only manage 1/2 the meal that my husband eats at night. For me, depression = loss of appetite.”

Anonymous February 9, 2010

“I have been on Paxil CR for a little over a month. I have previously taken Zoloft, Lexapro, and Prozac and none of them worked as well as this drug. I was constantly agitated on the Lexapro and Prozac and they didn't seem to help with the depression. Zoloft just made me feel weird. Each drug is different for each person but this one works the best for me so far. I feel calm and happy during the day. The only problem with it for me, and it is a big one, is that I can't sleep! I will spend hours in bed with my eyes open, tired, but unable to actually fall asleep. I then have a hard time waking up but once I do then I am awake and not groggy. I am going to talk to my Doctor about it and hopefully he will have a solution.”

Anonymous June 14, 2010

“I have had great success with the use of this medicine. One thing I would tell people is if you have problems sleeping on this medicine talk to your doctor first and foremost. I did talk with my doctor and I am also taking another medicine to help with that. I have Bi-polar disorder with manic tendencies. Depakote, Paxil CR, and Risperidone for me all together works. Anyone looking at this I hope it helps with your treatment process with the guidance of your doctor. Good luck.”

Anonymous January 6, 2009

“I've been on Paxil CR for about 4 months now. I would highly recommend it. My doctor decided to put me on it immediately after my suicide attempt. Today I feel great, have stopped crying and my suicidal thoughts are gone. Only bad side effect is my lack of interest in sex.”

hibz September 22, 2015

“It was pretty efficient. within 3 months i had been out of my acute depressive episode, and full of life i hadn't experienced any increase in apetite as i was warned, and in fact it helped with my IBS a lot I was started on 25mg/day then 37.5mg/day for around 8 months after which I sought my doctor for Mania symtpoms i was experiencing very talktative, juggling thoughts, very rapid tone and rush of ideas when speaking, and most importantly insomnia!! anyhow, we had to emergency stop it, 25mg for 3 weeks then 12.5mg for one and then nothing WORST experience in the world it's very physically debilitating: nausea/ dizziniess/ wierd feeling ON my head had to take xanax to combat the withdrawal symptoms, couldnt leave the house for 2 mnoths!”

Fittykitty August 4, 2016

“Pacil 30mg is great. I can say finally after 4 months the depression veil has lifted. This drug works great but very slowly. Give it time. It works!!”

nonfunctuable · Taken for 10 years or more July 23, 2013

“Before I started taking Paxil CR I felt I couldn't function when Dr started me at a small dose until he found the right dose for me to take, and then I felt normal again.”

Anonymous January 8, 2011

“After 4 unsuccessful medications, this one made me the most balanced and even.”

beckysmith October 22, 2009

“This drug no longer works for me because of a job loss. I have gone down hill ever since I lost my job in early September 2009.”

TCC February 25, 2009

“This medication was not helpful for my depression at all.”