User Reviews for Paroxetine (Page 3)

Also known as: Brisdelle, Paxil, Paxil CR, Pexeva

Learn more about Paroxetine.

Trichotillomania 1 reviews 3 medications

6.9
Postmenopausal Symptoms 2 reviews 202 medications

Summary of Paroxetine reviews 833 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Paroxetine

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "Bad thoughts. Worsening depression gained 35 lbs in 6 months. Liver enzymes slightly off. I feel like a cow. I stopped taking it and am taking lexapro but still gaining weight. I have always been thin."

Mmarti March 8, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "My doctor weaned me off of Paxil a few weeks ago as it wasn't working. Three days after the last dose was the start of the two worst weeks of my life. It included migraines, nausea, decreased vision, when I turned my head or moved my eyes there was a whooshing sound in my head accompanied by extreme dizziness. Then there were the bouts of crying for no apparent reason. In summary I would call this poison not medicine."

Huro1 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 7, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder: "Saved my life, miracle drug"

EmuSteel090126 March 6, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress: "I've been taking Paroxetine for about 2 years, in the beginning it helped me a lot! After all this years with anxiety I finally felt relaxed, my sleeping improved and I got more secure in relationships. Downsides I've experienced is drowsiness and difficulty orgasm. I started out on 20mg then increased to 30, and then up to 40mg two years after the start because the anxiety came back. Now 6 month later I want to increase the dosage again and I'm a tarting to questioning whether I should have this medicin or change. In summary, Paroxetine helped me a lot when I was really bad (stress and anxiety) Now when I'm working full time I feel that it makes me tired but I still have anxiety and I'm about to reach the maximum dosage."

Ströboll (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 5, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I was very hesitant to take medication as I had been raised to associate it with seriously mentally ill people in a negative way. Social anxiety had extreme physiological effects on me, though, that therapy could not fix, i.e. the inability to speak loudly over loud noises or when out somewhere like a club, and premature ejaculation. Paxil basically fixed this immediately. Paxil makes it so much easier to silence negative thoughts automatically. I was and am on a very low dose (10mg) and it works so well. It really did change my life. The only negative side effects are that it makes me sleepy. It also gave me a weird sensation in my teeth for the first month or so, but I actually enjoyed that feeling."

JG696 March 5, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "Was on Paxil for 4 years because I could never handle the withdrawal symptoms. I had severe aches and electric shocks along with all flu symptoms. I finally slowly tapered off over 3 months with the liquid Paxil. I have been off of it now for at least 10 years. I have tried at least 100 different supplements and anti anxiety treatments.....I have tried them all...believe me.....it is hell on earth when you can't provide for your family. I even spent $4000 having all my mercury fillings removed. I had genetic testing of SNP polymorphism's that revealed MTHFR and MAO mutations. I found a genetic reason for my anxiety. In short I can't make neurotransmitters and when I do I can't break them down so they build up causing social anxiety."

Jubaea March 4, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "Recently diagnosed with Polycythemia Vera (a blood cancer), one of the side effects was severe itching for about half an hour after contact with water (morning shower). Started taking a low dose of Peroxetine and the itching reduced considerably after about a week of use. I have now used the medication for a few months and have noticed the additional side effect of having difficulty "completing" when having sex."

Upstate Doug February 27, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "It worked, a little too well. I became indifferent to EVERYTHING. inside it was like a part of me was screaming, but my whole body and 90% of my brain just did what it needed too. I am normally a goofy, fun loving, hyper personality. I do get bouts of seemingly unshakable depression and anxiety, but while on this medication, I noticed a change in myself... beyond the tunnel vision, and kaleidoscopic hallucinations I had when waking up in the middle of the night... every night. the final straw was was seeing my now wife, looking like she lost her best friend, as I just wasn't myself. I stopped taking the mediation, and within 2 days started singing to her again, and nothing brought a smile like that to her face until we said "I do"."

42 February 26, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I have been taking paroxetine for about 2 yrs. I had dealt with social anxiety and depression my whole life and I'm 51 now. I could deal with it, but when I got a promotion and needed to facilitate mtgs, training etc. I would have panic attacks and it was horrible. I had tried a couple other meds. (lexipro, Prozac and they didn't help). I feel like a new person.. I actually feel ok for the first time in my life. I don't worry about what people think of me and I can actually be happy. I am so thankful to God and this drug!!"

shv51 February 25, 2017

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "Been on Paxil for about 1 month starting my second it's been helping me a lot with my panic disorders & social experiences. My mg for Paxil is low 10mg. However, whoever is starting this medication don't get discourage it will take time for Paxil to kick in but it will be worth it at the end just set a daily reminder everyday to take it."

katharinne24 February 24, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Brisdelle (paroxetine) for Hot Flashes: "Holy Hell is exactly how I feel. I had been taking Brisdelle for 1.5 years. The hot flashes did indeed subside - however, the side affects of this medicine coupled with the fact Noven was acquired by YET another pharmaceutical company - YOU CAN'T PLACE A REP IN THE AREA, DISTRIBUTE YOUR DRUGS, AND THEN FIRE HER-AND NOT REPLACE THEREFORE there is NO medicine or support here. You dumped this drug in the Dr's hands and walked away. After calling Sebula - you act like you don't even care. You have made it impossible to obtain this. I happen to think this is illegal. I just decided to wean myself off this and Premarin. It has been nothing short of a nightmare. If you don't need this drug- DON'T START. Seriously."

HOLY HELL (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 22, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Brisdelle (paroxetine) for Hot Flashes: "I have been taking it for 2 weeks now. I do believe it's helping me. I will post again in about 6 weeks. Typically, I get a rush of heat over me a few times a day leaving me with a drenched help and droplets of sweat on face head, neck. Now, so far so good."

CoolerMama February 21, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder: "I thought nothing could stop my panic attacks I had several a day for no apparent reason. This medicine has literally saved my life I'm on day 8 and although days 1 to 5 were difficult I now feel 'normal'. I feel nothing could set me off panicking - I'm happy. It's hard at first but please stick with it"

Sjevzuk (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "Was prescribed 20mg. Its effect kicked in after 2 weeks. Felt a bit sick for about 2 days in that time. Dry mouth and a bit of pain, diarrhea but that was expected and not too bad. Then the first day of it working I felt great, my concentration was really good, I immediately noticed I was able to enjoy myself, cracking jokes etc. enjoying the hell out of my hobbies but also it was very overwhelming and day after day I got more restless until I stopped sleeping, I just laid down to slowly breathe. I lost over 10 kilos within one week and couldn't stand still or sit for even a few seconds. My mind was constantly working and overthinking things, again and again. It eventually led to psychotic episodes and I had to be rushed to a clinic."

Mr. ELL February 20, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "Paxil worked every time for me. I wouldn't say it save my life bc I believe God saved my life. But let me tell you it brings you back to normal sanity. When your not obsessing bout your anxiety or depression or feeling sad, that's when you know you hit the jack pot. Anxiety and depression come out of no where and Paxil helped every times. Been on for 11 years on and off. This time round bout 4th time took longer and little stronger dose but hang on. I swear to YOU it gets amazing. Not better but GREAT. LIFE IS SO GOOD. SEEK HELP"

SonyaBoBonya February 18, 2017

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "For years I felt depressed and shy and had anxiety but was too young to understand and definitely too shy to say anything . As I got older I decided to talk to my doctor on how I was feeling . After a few years on and off of anti depressants feeling so sick I couldn't take them anymore. And now I'm 21 I have been on Paxil for about 6 months. The first month was really hard because I felt so nauseous and shaky and heart kept racing and was extremely tired . But I fought through it all . And today for the first time I feel alive , happy , loved and most importantly I feel like myself and how I should have felt along time ago. Please do not drink on this medication or any other anti depressants. It will definitely slow the process down ."

ShaniaL February 14, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hot Flashes: "Saw relief within 24 hours after starting Paroxetine 12.5 mg. No more hot flashes! I didn't realize how much sleep I was missing. Now I wake up rested. Take them in the am so any energy surge happens in the morning. Only having a teeny bit of nausea and loss of appetite in the evening. Drinking water helps. I'll trade that for no more hot flashes."

Flashless (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hot Flashes: "I have taken the Brisdelle for a year and a half. I LOVE IT! No side effects but it is pricey. I went to the Dr and she suggested I change to the 10mg of Paxil as it is a lot ALOT less expensive. I am going to try it but somewhat nervous about it. Is there anything I should be aware of or leery of?"

jeana berry (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 9, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "Got headaches and felt tired constantly so I switched to Prozac."

Alex858 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 6, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "I've been on Paxil for about 30 days. The change in my mood has been positive and very gradual. Currently I take Latuda with Paxil at night. I'm not buzzing with joy but my outlook is positive and so I think the Paxil is doing it's job.... I'm just not sure."

SF Depressed Man (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 5, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I started on 10mg Paxil 2 months ago, and my life is changed. I was able to recognize how amazing life is without the shadow of anxiety which caused my depression. I came back to myself. My therapist recommended doing a trial of 20mg to see if my remaining anxiety issues could be subsided as well. I just started today and I feel a little more lethargic than I'd like to and I fear for my sex life. I'm going to try it for a while until my body adjusts and if I still feel out of sorts, I'm going to drop back down to 10mg. The first week or two of symptoms was pretty terrible, I was yawning excessively. VERY nauseous, tired often...but as soon as my body adjusted, an amazing sense of clarity came over me--first time in 15 years. Life changing."

LadyMadonna0 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2017

43 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "Took for two days, slept a lot in and out. Felt like a zombie, lost memory, couldn't function normally. Called the Dr. after two doses , he suggested cutting the pill in half , will try soon , afraid to start again, I didn't like the effect at all , but I will try soon again. Lets hope I can tolerate better this time . I will resume tonight, praying this works. I wouldn't suggest driving at all."

bob cet January 31, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "I absolutely HATED this medication. I have been struggling with panic attacks and major depression since I was younger. I was put on this medication for about a year and my panic attacks were not so often. The downsides of medication Is that I felt little to no emotion, And had ZERO sex drive."

MeowxD January 31, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hot Flashes: "I've been on paroxetine for a little over 3 months. My Dr told me I wouldn't see a difference in my hot flashes from this medicine until at least 2 months. My hot flashes are fierce. I get drenched at least 10 Times at night. And all through the day. I told my Dr I wanted something to work right away, so he gave me clonidine along with it, which I wasn't able to take, cause it made me to sleepy. Anyway, the praxetine did work after 2 months, as long as I don't drink alcohol."

Yny January 26, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I have had great success with Paxil. These personal comments we leave should really be considered with a 'grain of salt'. There are so many unknown variables which dictate success of a drug on one person and failure with the same drug on another person. If you read through the thread of helpful comments here you will see that there is the need to be very candid with your health care provider and be ready to try different medications until you find satisfaction. These medications DO WORK. You just have to find the right one for you. Have faith. You will find the right med for you. Life is amazing and will go on and get better!! Never give up. Every day is a new chance."

SeanfromCanada January 26, 2017