User Reviews for Paroxetine (Page 3)

Also known as: Brisdelle, Paxil, Paxil CR, Pexeva

Learn more about Paroxetine.

Trichotillomania 1 reviews 3 medications

6.9
Postmenopausal Symptoms 2 reviews 202 medications

Summary of Paroxetine reviews 790 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Paroxetine

For Major Depressive Disorder: "This medication gave me liver failure in a matter of three weeks. I am lucky to be alive after being prescribed this awful drug!"

SHDOW December 21, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I am taking 20mg of Paroxetine a day. I have only been taking it for one week but I am starting to feel a lot more positive. I don't feel as tired, I'm not comfort eating and I find myself in a better mood. I understand it has only been a week but I haven't felt this "up" on other SSRI's, my previous one being Sertraline which did not agree with me. My side effects have been a headache (for the first 3 days), constant dry mouth, trouble sleeping through the night, my jaw feels tight and lack of appetite. I also suffer from Trichotillomania, I have still found myself pulling eyelashes. It has only been a week so I hope I continue to improve."

KMH90 (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "I switched from Paxil to Paroxetene to save co-pay money. Big mistake. I learned very quickly that the generic is inferior to the brand, and I would not recommend switching. The generic can be manufactured anywhere in the world and the chemical formula differs from one manufacturer to the next. The generic version left me irritable and slightly depressed, even though my Dr. said there was no difference between them. I spent six months of the generic (job stress was the culprit) and then switched permanently to the brand."

Theo 2 December 19, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "Be careful with this drug"

Yippie (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I have been on and off Paxil CR several times over the past 3 years. It has been a life saver! I am able to be myself and enjoy life everyday instead of focusing on my Anxiety. The first few weeks can be a little challenging adjusting to the medicine but it is totally worth some nausea and sleeplessness."

Anonymous December 13, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "Thanks to paxil (paroxetine) my life got basically destroyed. I was depressed before taking it, yes, but i hadn't mood swings, 0 emotions, sexual disfunctions, cognitive issues, tremors, memory not working. I feel like an empty shell. Avoid please"

Paxil victim (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 13, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "This was for my MDD,BPD, and OCD, I hated this. Sick all the time. If I didn't eat, meds made me sick. If I did, they'd screw with my stomach. Everything was worse. Black and white is an understatement. I was significantly worse on these meds than without. Withdrawals were terrible. The only good thing was that insurance covered a lot of it."

RMR08 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 12, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I have suffered from all kinds of anxieties, like Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Panic Attacks, Obsessive thoughts and Social anxiety. There are times when you have NO social anxiety, for instance, in my case, even after stopping 25mg CR version Paxil, there had been no fear of social confrontation, just shyness or may be low self-esteem or introversion. But when SA attacks again, its a very gradual process. Even if you notice a slight sign of SA coming back, you try to disprove your own opinion by thinking - ''Now I have learned, this feeling is just stupid, doesn't make sense and I am definitely not gonna develop a full fledged SA." But when SA comes back you have no idea but to start taking Paxil again."

DeepanshuGupta_India (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 9, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I have only been on this medication for about a month, and I've felt the best I've felt in over two years. I feel my self esteem has increased, as well as toleration of speaking to people and being in crowds. Only thing is that my appetite has gone up somewhat, and I've gained a little weight. But that is only a small price to pay for a happier life."

stalecupcake3466 December 9, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I have been taking Paxil now for 3 months. Within 2 weeks ALL of my random panic attacks stopped. No more frustration or trying to understand why I have crushing panic attacks... they are gone and I sleep like a baby. It is God sent I lived in turmoil for years. I'm taking 20mg every morning. Only bad part is.... I have almost no appetite and my sex drive is slightly lower than normal. Small price to pay to have peace of mind. Hope this helps."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2016

38 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "Yeah, Paxil definitely saved my arse really. I tried prozac first and went totally off the rails with anxiety and 2 days on paxil and I slept and knew that it was the one for me. I am a fool though because I keep trying to come off it because it works so well for anxiety. I have been reduced to 10 mg's from 20 and have been enjoying that but noticed that my mind fluctuates between optimism and pessimism really quite quickly. The mind is a strange thing. Anyway, it keeps me grounded, no panic attacks, no anxiety. Amazing how we all react so differently to these various SSRI's. Pity about the sex drive with Paxil. I fall in love still but I don't have that physical thing going off like people off antidepressants do."

black seas (taken for 10 years or more) November 28, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "Just started this medication about 5 days ago. The thing with me, I've lived a pretty happy life til about 3 years ago. It has gotten worse over time. I've got a medical condition known as Nerofibromatosis. I have a inoperable brain tumor. I recently lost my job cause I couldn't work because of the pain and short temper I have. I lost my gf about 3 years ago. I would always think someone was out to get me. I would strike out for no reason. Just recently I started having suicidal thoughts and just wanted to give up on life. I would cry for no reason. I just wanted to end. Since taking this. It has kinda helped. I get sleepy real quick. I take at night and sleep all night. Hopfully it will continue to help"

What to be happy again November 27, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hot Flashes: "I was excited to try this medicine. Having 5 hot flashes a night that wake me up. Haven't had any R.E.M. Sleep for a while. Not sleeping is affecting my exercise and work routine. The only time I don't get hot flashes is when I'm riding my mountain bike. Biking doesn't pay the bills. Took my dose before bed, in about 15 min my head felt different like a rush of something then clarity I guess that was the serotonin release. I thought oh boy I'm gonna sleep. But not the case. Unfortunately I must have opposite effects. I didn't sleep more than 2 hours all night. Had a clear head full of thoughts about stuff I need to do. Still had hot flashes 4 during the night and more in the morning. And then the nausea in the morning also."

Constancekkkkkk November 25, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I started Paxil a month ago I had no effects.Im on 40mg. It made me feel good after two weeks I was alot happier."

Tmv913 November 24, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Today is day three. I take 10mg. I was told to take half a pill at night for seven days then take the whole pill on day eight. I have to say, today is not a good day. I have been dizzy all morning. Will this ever go away? I am not feeling my best at all. When I take the pill I am very dizzy before bed. does anyone here have answers. How does this drug really work? I had a partial thyroid removal a year ago. I am constantly dizzy, my heart races, my pressure is up. Help anyone ... Please"

KitCat78 November 21, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "Panic attacks almost totally finished"

SouKay November 13, 2016

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "Paxil made me gain 5 lbs.. I noticed most of it was in my abdomen. It also made me very tired. I gained 15 lbs. overall. I was taken off it, but my energy wasn't coming back. It turned out I had a thyroid problem due to my carbamazepine, which controls my epileptic seizures."

CrystalGolias November 12, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress: "Took successfully in 2003-4 for PTSD and associated anxiety. No side effects (other than lost libido) and came off them easily under doctor's supervision. 13 years later I was put back on them due to depression and anxiety. This time they have been horrendous! Headaches, bones in my face aching, nausea, a"creeping" feeling through my hands, arms and shoulders, disorientation, racing heart, not passing urine frequently enough and terrifying sleep problems (insomnia but feeling like you're being suffocated and having awful thoughts). After 12 days I realised I couldn't take these symptoms any more, on advice of a doctor I ceased instantly, by Day 2 the withdrawal was awful-a more intense version of the side effects. Easing now (day 4)"

BellaPr November 3, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "O M G Where has this drug been my whole life? I have only been on it for little over a week and already I am feeling "more than functional"! So functional in fact that I am re-enrolling into school and getting my drivers license back. I feel like there's hope for me and i do in fact have a future, and people who love me. like i said, i've only been on it for over a week. I hope this keeps rolling the way it is now! but definitely 10/10 Other drugs I have tried that were NOT helpful: zoloft, escotalopram, effexor. Not saying you should disregard them though. i'm supposing that different drugs help different people for different reasons. *shrug"

Harryharrold (taken for less than 1 month) November 2, 2016

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I've been on it for about 4 years . And have found it to be very helpful with my general anxiety. The first week was rough and it seemed like my heart was racing all the time. My Dr said hang in there and a couple days later it seemed to begin to work. I was on the 12.5 cr twice daily. And now take 40 mg a day regular regular release. Seems if I have a few drinks I wake the next morning with a racing heart. If I miss a couple doses I hear a whooshing sound in my head. Thus freaked me out, but people who try to get off of it on their own claim it to a common side effect. So in my opinion stick with it avoid alcohol. It also helped my stress related prostate problem"

SSmokinSS (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 27, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I started to get anxiety and panic attacks when I was 24. I am now 30. I have tried multiple of medication for anxiety, bi-polar,depression etc... I was getting the racing thoughts but worst of all was the womp feeling you get it's hard to explain. I was on benzo as well and nothing helped me. Psychiatrist, group talk but your the only one who knows what you feel others do not understand it. I have always been a deep person and would think way to much. I got out of that stage on my own. Trust me it sucks i still get "crazy" but on Paxil it really helped me I only take Paxil nothing else. You name it I was on it schizophrenia meds as well. I understand when people say I can't get up I can't go out. Just try it all are different!"

Bjoyce86 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 26, 2016

43 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I started Paxil after telling my doctor I had general anxiety and the medication worked after two weeks. At the time my anxiety wasn't high but it was a level 3 out of 10 so the medication helped out. I was able to be more social and worry less traveling around NYC, but I noticed that I started to gain weight which sucked. After 6 months I wanted to come off because I noticed i never really needed it and this was the hard part. Coming off it was horrible! It made me have higher anxiety without it, and it was anxiety I never experience before. I've been off for 4 months and I still haven't felt the same since before taking Paxil. I'd really recommend taking any medication like Paxil if you really need for panic attacks or high anxiety."

Stephen1122 October 24, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hot Flashes: "I have been using Paroxetine for about 5 years now. Before starting to take it my hot flashes were very severe, more than 10 a day, to the point of exhaustion. I had night sweats and it was difficult to sleep. My social life just disappeared. I did not want to be around people when I was having my hot flashes. Recently I just ran out of Paroxetine and thought nothing about it. I skipped it for about 3 or 4 days. My hot flashes began to appear very strong, as I had not experienced them in a long, long time. I had forgotten what I was taking Paroxetine for. I am back on my 20mg a day, and I don't think I will ever forget to take it or the reason why I am taking it. For me, Paroxetine is a life saver!"

Avispadita October 21, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hot Flashes: "This medicine has the worst side effects of any drug I have ever taken. I think it should be taken off the market. Although the hot flashes were diminished a bit, the terrible withdrawl symptoms are worse than the hot flashes ever were. The so called "brain zaps" are debilitating. I have them almost constantly. My Dr. told me to wean myself off it, but since it comes only in capsule form, and only comes in one strength, that is difficult to do. I went from 1xday to every other day then stopped. I realize the weaning process was too short and this is likely the reason for the severe symptoms. I can't help but wonder if these will ever go away. Does anyone know how long this is going to last? I feel like I'm losing my mind."

anti-Brisdelle October 20, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Panic Disorder: "Works awesome!"

Juot October 18, 2016