User Reviews for Paroxetine (Page 3)

Also known as: Brisdelle, Paxil, Paxil CR, Pexeva

Learn more about Paroxetine.

Trichotillomania 1 reviews 3 medications

Postmenopausal Symptoms 6 reviews 152 medications

5.5
Summary of Paroxetine reviews 884 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Paroxetine

For Panic Disorder: "I just started taking Paxil 10mg (I'm on day 11) and I feel amazing and no side effects. Before Paxil, I wouldn't leave my house and if I had to I would stay within a 15 minute radius from my house. I had crippling panic attacks and nervousness all day long. I lost my job, my 10 yr relationship suffered, I gained weight and lost contact with myself and everything I used to enjoy. Today I decided to up my dose to 20mg. It made me tired but extremely calm. I'm able to drive, run errands, keep up with housework and I am in control of my anxiety with some help of Ativan 1mg if needed. Paxil saved my life and I suggest anyone with GAD,OCD,PTSD and DEPRESSION to seriously consider this drug. God is good and I feel blessed."

SpenceMJ1985 June 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I started Paxil approx 3 weeks ago and my life started changing for the better about 2 weeks into it. I feel my social anxiety dissolving, I didn't realize how depressed I was, but life is starting to look so much brighter. I suffered with bad pe which made sexual intimacy impossible, and this has pretty much gone away. I am becoming more outgoing and able to express myself to others and working hard to remove everything in my head which caused my anxiety by talking with my spouse and others in my family. I am also becoming much more comfortable in social situations. I sure hope in continues, because I can't imagine going back to my old self. I had bad nausea and was so tired the first week, but so worth it."

Kt5132 June 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "I've been on Paxil CR (37.5 mg/day) for 6 years now. I wouldn't even consider going off at the moment. It means I can live a normal life now. This is a wonderful medication."

DRuthH (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I started this for anxiety and depression, mostly social anxiety. It definitely helped with my social anxiety but not in a good way. I swear it caused a personality change. I went from being terrified of talking around people to randomly blurting out weird stuff in class and being squirrelly and hyper. I went from this quiet shy girl to being kind of whacko. I started getting in trouble in class for being disruptive. I was regularly displaying behavior that was inappropriate in public. Weirdest thing ever. I discontinued it and after a little while was back to myself. Not sure how common this is? Very strange."

Made me a different person. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I've taken this for 2 days and my heart already races and my anxiety is crippling. I already want off."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Brisdelle (paroxetine) for Hot Flashes: "I was suffering from severe hot flashes ever 35-40min all day, severe day AND night sweats, chills, feeling hot & cold at the same time, I was extremely miserable. I could not go to work, my social and love-life came to an abrupt end. I would get soaking wet and had to remove all clothing every 35-40mins. IT WAS HORRIBLE! This went on for 3 months. Everyone kept telling me it was not going to last long, maybe just a few YEARS. In no way was I going to go for years feeling that way. My doctor prescribe Brisdelle 7.5mg 7 weeks ago and my life is 90% back to normal. Once I started taking this medication, the sweats, chills, and severity of the flashes stopped. I only have mild flashes and hopefully they will end. too."

HP66 June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "After coming off Prozac and starting this medication, I gave it about 3 weeks. Worst antidepressant I've ever tried. No other antidepressant EVER affected me this way."

Suicide Watch (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "This medication caused sudden, severe weight gain 43lbs. (19.5 kg) over four months weight gain and did little for my anxiety. I wouldn't recommend it!!!! It should be taken off the market for its adverse side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I took Paxil in highschool in 2000 for severe social anxiety and generalized anxiety disorder. I stopped going to school...Stopped eating..Stopped socializing with family and friends. Paxil changed my life back then. I started going to school, I made high honors, I started eating and having a life again. After that time my anxiety was manageable. I went off the Paxil and just used Valium for panic attacks. For years I was able to keep my anxiety under control with the least amount of medication as possible. Now (June 2017) I am experiencing the same bad anxiety I dealt with years ago. I'm back on Paxil (day 2) and I feel good. I hope it changes me so I can enjoy life again, make my partner happy and start working again. Give Paxil a try!!"

SpenceMJ1985 June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Paxil is one of the few antidepressants that worked well for me. However, don't stop taking the drug when you start feeling better. Stopping Paxil abruptly made me physically ill. The Paxil withdrawal symptoms are similar to opiate withdrawal."

Bud G (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I took this for approximately a month for depression & anxiety. It definitely improved things; no more anxiety attacks or constant sad mood anymore. However, it did not help with my social anxiety whatsoever. Going out of the house has become a difficult task along with trying to converse with others as I become extremely uncomfortable and anxious. But, this medication greatly helped turn my mood and thinking around 180 degrees. The side effects have brought me to the point where I just cannot take it anymore. I will sleep 10+ hours and still feel exhausted, struggling to open my eyes. As mentioned, my mood is great now but I feel like I have less motivation to do anything and less emotion altogether. Did not work best for me."

GiannaR June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hot Flashes: "Just started taking today, Fingers crossed for hep with hot flashes"

coquinabeach June 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "Works wonderful for me . Make me feel so happy and relaxed. Took a few weeks to get to this stage though ."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Hi guys, I was prescribed paroxetine for general anxiety disorder, paranoia and depression. The drug didn't take effect until about 2 weeks which I quickly was relieved from my symptoms. However I spent a further 2 weeks feeling severe side effects- dizziness, further anxiety, difficulty sleeping and waking up, vivid dreams, lack of orgasm during sex, blurred vision and almost grinning as if I was on uppers.. though these side effects did pass I now only have vivid dreams and occasional nightmares... this drug has worked so well for me and I now feel back to my old self again happy everyday, my anxiety and paranoia have completely gone, I strongly suggest giving it a go but it may not work for everyone as you can read:) LOVE LIFE!!!"

Connora92 June 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for : "Paxil was a miracle drug for me in that it completely got rid of my anxiety and depression. The feeling of dread I'd been carrying around in the pit of my stomach for years was finally gone! However, it caused a 50 pound weight gain and as a result edema and other issues. I'm now on Wellbutrin XL and slowly starting to lose the weight."

TWG74 June 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "Got a big rash on my abdomen, that got increasingly painful and itchy. An allergic reaction to the medication (I wasn't taking anything else at the time) This was a shame! Because the medication had a substantial effect on my social anxiety. The first few days I felt like I was on an emotional rollercoaster, but then I started to really enjoy social interaction, I could understand why people talked to other people for fun! Only ended up taking it for a little over a week, but wanted to share my experience incase anyone else is experiencing a rash."

Roxie22 May 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "Here is my experience with 10+ years of taking Paxil. It did a good job controlling anxiety in combination with Lorazepam 4x daily. But there was a huge cost to taking Paxil. I gained 10lbs for every 10mg of Paxil I took for a total of 40lbs gained slowly over years. Also, erectile disfunction became a problem. Finally, about 2 years ago, because of insurance change, I had to change psychiatrists. My new psychiatrist asked me if I had noticed side effects of weight gain and sexual dysfunction while on Paxil. I had no idea my weight gain was related to Paxil. He weaned me off Paxil an on to Prozac. I lost 40 lbs in 6 mos without trying. Prozac works just as well with my anxiety. Perhaps Paxil isn't the right choice for some people."

SlimmerWNoPaxil May 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "I've been on Paxil for about 6 months now. It helps a lot with anxiety, although it isn't gone completely. I honestly feel like the longer I take it, the more it helps. Even after 6 months I still think my anxiety is improving. I tried Buspirone before Paxil and it made me feel too uncomfortable to continue taking. Pros: Haven't had a Panic Attack in a long time, anxiety is about 90% better Cons: Constipation, harder to orgasm, (These started out bad and slowly seem to be getting better). I've gained about 5 lbs so far but my appetite has really picked up. I will probably end up gaining more. Lots of reviews say it is very hard to quit. I have not tried to quit yet."

Alex N. (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "Paxil definitely works for social anxiety. However, the side effects just became intolerable over time. What are those side effects? Well, for one, you will be tired all the time. Secondly, I found it really hard to focus, and I would forget things that just happened. Thirdly, and most disturbingly, I became a zombie who didn't care about anything and couldn't empathize with people!! I couldn't feel any emotions; I couldn't cry. Not only that, but it was also hard to experience positive emotions/pleasure. This phenomenon is called "emotional bluntness". I didn't notice that I was experiencing this emotional numbness (and most others don't notice too) until people around me started pointing it out. That's just my experience."

J-Gar (taken for 10 years or more) May 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Psychiatrist put me back on 25mg ER per day, after using all the others. Xanax withdrawals were the worst. Diazepam for me is much better. Fish Oil capsules help a lot. Prozac caused hair loss. Zoloft horrible. Extended release is the way to go. For sleep I prefer temazapam. Never use diazepam to sleep."

Vegas Rose (taken for 10 years or more) May 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "It will do nothing negative. Give it a try to enjoy life. Life is short. Don't take the burden of social anxiety and panic attacks for your whole life. If you still feel terrible when taking Paxil use inderal as well and you will see an improvement in life. My score for Paxil CR is 9/10 in just days. PS if you ignore this illness it will give you IBS, high BP, anxiety, messes with career goals, gives heart problems, sleep problems, low energy, you need short naps, always low confidence and so on. I avoided medicines from age18 to 28 years and now finally I took the step for paxil. Stay blessed ...."

Aitezaz (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I've been on Paxil for about 15 years. Dosage is 20mg per day. I felt relief from my depression symptoms almost immediately, contrary to most other folks. It's been a very good treatment for me. Recently had to up the dosage due to a closed head injury suffered at work. My depression came back hard and crushing. The higher dose (40mg/day) is working very well. I have noticed a lot of folks have reported needing more sleep when on the drug.......... I have had that problem for years. Might be the Paxil. It has not ever interfered with my work life, but boy, it has been hard to get out of bed for years and I never could put my finger on the reason. Good luck to everybody !"

Oilfield (taken for 10 years or more) May 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I waited a week before braving this for long term anxiety treatment, the side effect put me off but my anxiety is still so bad day to day. So yesterday I took my first tablet and what followed hours after was the following: -sickness (was sick twice) -diarrhea -shortness of breath -palpatations -worse feeling panic and anxiety than before -suicidal thoughts (almost took myself to the hospital-but rode it out instead) -awful nightmares and virtually no sleep -shakes now I feel frail and am laying in bed all day trying to recover from taking the 1 tablet.."

happysaddoll (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I previously posted on here in December 2016 when I first started taking them for Depression, Anxiety, Trichtillomania . I was on 30mg of paroxetine until now, I've had to come off them. I've been a complete zombie for 6 months, I slept 12 hours a night, had no interest in doing anything, exercise was impossible. Headaches, snacking, lack of concentration. It was like I still had anxiety just the symptoms were numbed. Since stopping taking this medicine I feel alive. I am still sick but I am able to get up and go to the gym and I only need 8 hours or less sleep. I came off cold turkey, it was very stupid but I needed relief from this med. I'm feeling much more alive. I think I'll need meds again but I won't be using paroxetine (or sertraline or citalopram!)"

KateH90 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I've only been on paxil for 8 days but my side effects are minimal. I started on 5 mg and am moving to 10mg today. Fingers crossed that this works. So far this has been the best in minimal side effects compared to others I have taken"

Schmutz84 (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2017