User Reviews for Paroxetine (Page 3)

Also known as: Brisdelle, Paxil, Paxil CR, Pexeva

Learn more about Paroxetine.

Trichotillomania 1 reviews 3 medications

6.9
Postmenopausal Symptoms 3 reviews 151 medications

Summary of Paroxetine reviews 860 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Paroxetine

Paxil (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I've only been on paxil for 8 days but my side effects are minimal. I started on 5 mg and am moving to 10mg today. Fingers crossed that this works. So far this has been the best in minimal side effects compared to others I have taken"

Schmutz84 (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Started working after 2 months, before that I was blushing, almost crying just from stress and panic attacks I stopped it I'm the 3rd month, now after year and I'm starting it again it had great benefits. "

Chrisnsnsjs May 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "I have been on Paxil for 19 years, the side effects are becoming too much to bare so recently I attempted to wean from it, I became so physically ill and mentally disturbed I had to be hospitalized and put back up a dose to stop the withdrawals, now I have to take the liquid for to slowly wean off, it is worse then heroin withdrawal and methadone withdrawal both which I have over come cold turkey. I cannot get off this medication and it is sad because I want to have children but pregnancy is a no no while on Paxil, I'm 34 I've been on it since I was 15, I was put on it and never told anything about the addictiveness and withdrawals or any of the problems associated with it, it was a bandaid solution that has become a life long addiction"

Candicane_34 May 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I started with severe panic and anxiety attacks 3 years ago, which honestly made me think I was going crazy, scariest time in my life. I tried Zoloft and Lexapro and both made me feel worse. January 2015 I started Paxil 10mg and worked up to 20mg and honestly felt like my old self again, no longer dealt with the attacks. However, in February 2017 I decided to try Prozac because the Paxil had made me numb to everything and I did gain about 45lbs on it. I have now been on Prozac for almost 3 months and am waiting to switch back over to the paxil because I feel anxious and irritable on this and miss the paxil. I pray for all of you who deal with this awful disease and pray one day they can find an actual cure for it!!!!!"

crash0825 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I've suffered from depression and anxiety for the past 7 years. I've tried many anti depressants and this is by far the best. I haven't been able to work in 5 years and I'm not back in full time employment. I'm also down to 20mg from 50mg which is fantastic I can tell you. Yes I put on 5 stone. But some of that was quitting smoking to. But I'm alive. After several attempts at taking my own life. This drug although I have those feelings still. This drug helps me by giving me the boost I need to talk myself out of it. Yay for this tablets!"

Raggner (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "Just went back on it after finding another doctor for my ssi"

Alabama gal (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I am a long time (near 25 years) Paxil user. Some of your new users need to give it a chance before making an assessment. I had some of those side effects early on-they were no big deal and they all went away over time. Bottom line, I suffered from lifelong severe depression-Paxil literally stopped me from taking my own life. On Anxiety, the result has not been as positive, but perhaps I need to increase my dosage? I'll talk to my physician on that. If you're mainly depressed I heartily endorse Paxil, it reduces depression with minimal side effects. It's a wonder drug in my book!"

Bronco Philly April 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "Pros: works for anxiety, depression Cons: weight gain, ED, orgasm troubles, just stopped caring about everything"

nanotech23 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "The good: - Improved motivation - More stable moods, fewer deep lows - Improved self-confidence - Decreased anxiety The bad: - (during the first few weeks) Insomnia - (during the first few weeks) Drowsiness - (transient) Vivid bad dreams - Difficulty reaching orgasm - Forgetfulness - Emotional blunting"

Saraaaannnnna April 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress: "After living most of my life with undiagnosed anxiety and thinking I was normal it wasn't till life got serious that panic attacks and severe anxiety took its toll. After seeing many doctors etc one finally prescribed paroxetine and now life has never been as good. It took 2 weeks to build up in my system and it was like taking a fire extinguisher to the constant adrenaline hits to my stomach. Definitely worth at try."

Markschitty April 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I've been taking paxil and Trazadone and its been helping me to get through each day. My anxiety is down and I sleep well."

Lilyrose223 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "I was given Paxil 20 mg for depression. I had not taken any antidepressant during my life. My greatest sadness was when my brother died. It stopped working. I know this med is NOT a magic pill. Instead of feeling better, I was feeling worse. I did NOT do ANY research on this med. My Family Practice MD told me to take 40 mg. Again, I took the med but didn't really feel well on this med. I gained LOTS of weight. I was put on the med because I was depressed and NOT eating. That changed quickly, when I started the Paxil. I finally decided that Paxil was not working for me, I was overweight and I decided to wean from this med. I started educating myself regarding Paxil. Paxil MUST be tapered/weaned. Med can't be stopped abruptly."

Idon'trecommendPAXIL (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I am a 47 year old male, and have been using Paroxetine for 3 months, having been prescribed it for severe clinical depression. It is the first time in my life that I have suffered from Mental Illness. In the 6 months prior to properly seeking help I had spiralled to the point where I could not sleep, had anxiety levels through the roof, did not want to speak to anybody, hated everything about life, and fantasized daily of suicide. I started 20mg Paroxetine daily while spending 5 weeks in a Recovery clinic in Jan/Feb. This medication has literally given me a second chance at life. It did take a couple of weeks to kick in, but now my mood is buoyant, and my anxiety is non-existent. Still not sure how it has done it. For me, a miracle pill!"

VeryGrateful April 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder: "Been on Paxil for about 3 month starting my fouth it's been helping me a lot with my panic disorders & social experiences. My mg for Paxil is low 20mg. However, whoever is starting this medication don't get discourage it will take ( 1 month) time for Paxil to kick in but it will be worth it. A big con is; that ejaculation time got delayed."

PERSON2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "I rate Paxil as a 10. It worked almost immediately with me to relieve my symptoms and the only side effect is that it makes me sleepy/tired, which isn't a problem to me as I am retired (my doctor suggested that I can change the time that I take it, from morning to evening and I am considering doing that, especially if I decide to go back to work again)."

Minnesota Skinny (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "I was put onto horrid paxil in 1996. Turned into zombie gained 60 lbs in 4 months. Went off cold turkey, doctor said no problem won't make weight gain and not addictive. She believed the sales rep. Now 2017. Weight still high can't shed weight unless total fast that kicks in serious medical issues Plus....diabetes. yep paxil can give you that deadly expensive disease. DONT take this drug, they test on patients' withdrawal now they call it something else. Good luck. But run away from this dangerous drug. You will gain fat you can't lose and end up losing a foot and your vision to this drug. Depressed now? Try it from a wheel chair and being blind from paxil caused diabetes."

senn (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "Been using Paxil for about 20 years, 15 mg daily. I suffered from lifelong depression and anxiety and can attest that Paxil probably saved my life as I contemplated suicide seriously on multiple occasions before taking the drug. It's good about 100% for depression, maybe 75% effective against Anxiety. If I miss it for 2-3 days I start feeling down in the dumps again. The side effects that some posters noted above are usually only temporary. Over time they all disappear-I had several of them in the beginning as well-not a big deal. Love this drug."

Paul Morphy April 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I was skeptical at first but just after the first week I feel a huge difference. I have slight nausea, dry mouth and yawning but they are getting better. The world is a much better place now."

Copper69 (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I have been taking 20mg for the last couple of months. It has really helped me in so many ways and I wish I started taking it a long time ago.From almost ending my life to feeling in love with life in just a month. I'm more confident, chatty and I'm doing all the things I wanted to do but was to afraid of doing. The only bad side effect that has stuck is feeling extremely tired early in the evenings and I usually fall asleep watching tv on the couch at about 9pm. I love this drug I truly believe it has saved my life."

Norm82 April 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hot Flashes: "I'm amazed that within 2 weeks of taking this medication, and I only took 5mg, my hot flashes symptoms completely subsided. Then I was inconsistent with taking it because I kept forgetting due to caring for my mother. I noticed the darn hot flashes returned, but not as bad. I started taking it consistently again every night, and the hot flashes are completely gone. I feel normal now! Thank God!!"

SheCa April 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Tried 4 SSRI's and paxil was the worst, was on it for 7 months at 40mg for depression, social anxiety and OCD and no improvement at all. It was VERY sedating and made it very difficult to orgasm, which was frustrating. I am now on Lexapro which is working great with half the side effects of paxil. I suggest looking at other SSRI's before considering paxil."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I used to be on 20mg Aropax for 7 years for my Borderline personality Disorder, Social Anxiety, Anxiety and Depression. I use to self harm and not be happy. I was always hospitalised and going down a destructive road. Other medicines made me worse like cipramil, Zoloft and Valium. Aropax did not make me 100% cured but help me deal with everyday issues better I still find that you need to practise mindfulness techniques and practice Cognitive Behaviour Therapy. This drug is only if you have severe depression and anxiety and find it difficult to use standard coping skills. I was off Aropax for 3 years and coping well now I have had a relapse and anxiety worse than ever. I am now back on it for 3 days hopefully it will work soon."

FR34KE March 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "Worked excellently for me the only drawback was weight gain was hard to get off"

Natrina March 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I took 40mg paxil one a day for over a year and Never felt right. At first is was bad. I was getting really bad vertigo and nausea. Every night I would have 1 of 3 reoccuring nightmares and night sweats. I just ran out and can't get more, so I'm day 3 cold turkey and feel MISERABLE. Before you take this medicine YOU REALLY NEED TO SEE YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT OTHER OPIONS. Ps. sorry for bad spelling"

Nick96753 March 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hot Flashes: "this hasn't help me at all"

ladyluck89 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2017