User Reviews for Lorazepam to treat Anxiety (Page 5)

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

Lorazepam Rating Summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 141 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Lorazepam

PT · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 13, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam): “Was prescribed Ativan after some stressful/anxious times at work. Very effective. I take it as needed, usually 1mg every three days at night. Sleep like a baby and wake up the next morning energised and ready to start the day. Only worry is the possible addictive qualities. I also take small dose Cymbalta 30mg, each morning. Have been contemplating weaning off this and introducing Ativan every evening.”

Buylocalbonds · Taken for less than 1 month July 10, 2018

“I was having chest anxiety. My mind was completely clear. Not anxious, not stressed, not racing. But for the life’s of me I could not take a full breath. I went to multiple doctors and ran all the tests. EKG was normal, chest X-ray was clear, blood test was fine. My doctor said that we’ll have a follow up session but he gave me a few lorazapam to take for emergencies. Last night I took half of a 0.5mg tablet. So only 0.25. I slept incredibly and my breathing problems were gone. This morning after I woke up my breathing has improved significantly. The only negative side affect I’ve noticed is a very dry mouth and a little bit of a dry throat.”

Hotmom70 July 10, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam): “I’ve been taking .05 Ativan for 15 years . It’s a miracle drug for me . It keeps my mind more stable and calm . Keeps my anxiety under control as well . I sleep like a baby with this drug. I wake up refreshed every morning . I usually take one 0.5 after dinner every night . There are days I do fine without it, but I love knowing it’s in hands reach at all times . I highly recommend Ativan . Keep it a small dose and you will be fine .”

Pam52 · Taken for 10 years or more July 5, 2018

“Name brand and generic Mylan work identically and are interchangeable for me. Some of the other generics do not seem to have full potency and is likely due to the fillers. This is a problem with a lot of generics.”

Lauren92 June 25, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam): “I used this after my anxiety got so bad that I constant horrible, racing thoughts. Many involving suicide and death. The first time I took it I felt like I grew wings, so relaxing. I started taking it every day because the calming effect was so comforting. I then started taking it at night - big mistake for me personally. I became addicted. If I didn’t take it for one night, I was awake for the entire night and became extremely paranoid. Had to see a Dr and admit to addiction, then was given very slow tapering off plan. Also made my hair fall out. Use with caution. Easily addictive.”

Tom · Taken for less than 1 month June 20, 2018

“Lorazepam has helped me a lot compared to other meds with my anxiety, only reaction I’ve had to it was a very very dry mouth and slight drowsiness.”

Cuppycake · Taken for less than 1 month June 7, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam): “I took half of a ativan because I was nervous about taking it (I don't like taking pills, even advil). My boyfriend is in the hospital so I've had constant anxiety for 4 days. It felt like my heart was gonna come out my chest. I'm sure it'll continue till he's home. I felt my heart rate calm down within like 20 minutes. I feel a little better, still have sweaty hands and stuff but hey it's a start, can't expect to be cured on half a pill. ”

Burnertt May 31, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam): “I’ve been on 0.50mg Ativan for anxiety and insomnia for 10 plus years . It really calms me down and takes the edge off. I sleep through the night and wake up refreshed. I can’t imagine not having it on hand. There are weeks I go without it , but it’s nice to have it at hands reach . I recommend Ativan.”

grey · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 30, 2018

“I take lorazepam for anxiety and insomnia/disrupted sleep. When I take it for panic attacks, I feel like they are far more manageable, although sometimes not all of my anxiety symptoms remit after taking it. Lorazepam is also very helpful for sleep. Usually I have trouble falling asleep and wake up often, and I often have vivid nightmares. When I take ativan, I fall asleep much more quickly and I tend to stay asleep. dditionally, it is usually pretty much dreamless.”

Kat · Taken for less than 1 month May 28, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam): “Have had depression and anxiety for most of my 65 years. I have been treated for depression and am now on bupropion 300mg/daily. It does not help with my anxiety which includes muscle stiffness and all over pain. After my husband died and left a bottle of Ativan, a script he had been on for years, I started taking 1mg in the morning and at night. I was amazed at the relief I received. I've used Ativan many times in the past but no doctor will give it to me on a long term basis sighting addiction. My husband took it daily for years. Why am I not able to get a long term prescription? Ativan is a lifesaver for me, eliminates the muscle stiffness and pain and gives me energy. Doctors need to understand that patients know what helps their issues and allow them the medication needed in order to have quality of life, which I don't have right now.”

Amy May 23, 2018

“I have been on and off lorazepam for 7 years now. I will not take any other benzo. I have GAD, and need help now and again. Years ago I took it every day. I was off for the last 2 years and controlling my GAD with diet, exercise, and meditation. A car accident a few weeks ago brought the anxiety beast back with a vengeance. I got a low dose, 0.5. Now I remember why I choose this medication over all other. I do not feel sleepy, drugged, out if control, nausea or dizzy. For me it a magic little pill of calm and clear thinking. All the other benzos make me sleepy, sick, or I feel hung over afterwards. Not with lorazepam, this is just calm and steady. I can completely function once the panic monster has been appeased. I hope to not need them long term, as I would like to be controlled on my own once again, but until then, I will take it to help with the rough edges.”

Eddy · Taken for less than 1 month May 8, 2018

“Have suffered with GAD for years with physical Anxiety. Tried everything the Dr got me to try 2.5 mg as and when required. Job done now I'm back in the land of the living. ”

gemm53 · Taken for less than 1 month May 7, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam): “Helps with calming for panic attacks. Very fast and effective. Only side effect for me was drowsiness.”

Bob · Taken for less than 1 month April 30, 2018

“I took a 0.5 Ativan for anxiety last night. It increased my anxiety and I couldn't sleep.”

Jasminefab · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 21, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam): “This pill has been my safety net for my severe anxiety attacks, panic attacks and ADHD. I have been taking this pill off and on for 6 years and have never been addicted to it. I take 0.5 during the day and it actually makes me feel like myself and sometimes even gives me more energy this pill has been a true life saver”

Jillyn31 · Taken for less than 1 month April 14, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam): “This med was prescribed to me last year after my anxiety (& BPD) got really bad after steroid knee injections. At that time, I'd only needed 4-5 doses but was prescribed enough for 30, so I saved the rest for "emergency" situations (times like now). It seems to be helpful for the chronic anxiety & chronic insomnia I've been experiencing related to my various chronic pain conditions. Some negative things I've noticed with it are it makes my brain/pain fog worse, it increases/worsens some BPD symptoms & it makes my fibromyalgia & osteoarthritis knee pain worse. Otherwise, it's a pretty good medication.”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 14, 2018

“I take it Lorazepam one hour before flying or if I'm scheduled for a long dental appointment. I break the pill into small pieces - so a little works very well to relax me. Before this, I had horrible situational anxiety (panic attacks) on planes and at the dentist.”

Jmf41133 April 11, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam): “I recently developed panic attacks and anxiety , just thinking about anxiety makes you anxious.. at least for me. I was just prescribed 0.5 Ativan and 10 mg Lexapro for anxiety. I hope it works..I used to be on celexa but never really did much for me tbh. I'm hoping the withdrawals aren't bad.”

Pierrot · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 31, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam): “Works well in reducing severe chronic anxiety. When you start treatment, request a system where you can skip the med at least 1-2 days a week. Intermittent dosing allows you to keep track of the underlying anxiety condition, and improves long-term efficacy. If you take the med without a break for years you can forget how unbearable chronic anxiety actually is, with intermittent dosing the benefits and drawbacks of being medicated vs unmedicated are very clear.”

Lazlo March 25, 2018

“I've been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks since escaping from an abusive marriage.. That created trauma, always being anxious. Also the loss of loved ones in one year and the news I can't bare children. I had a breakdown. After treatment I started working again but my anxiety was constant. I was prescribed lorazepam and only take it when I have a very hectic day with my work. When I don't take it my anxiety gets so bad my entire body goes into a spasm. I do long walks and creative crafts and gardening. Then I'm fine but in stressful situations I struggle so much. So it's helped me loads and enhanced the quality of my life. I am taking heed of all precautions. Thank you”

Kit · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 22, 2018

“This particular med has helped me greatly through the death of my mom and other losses that came after. I took it at 0.5mg daily and now down to a quarter of that, as I break the pill in fours. The only con is slight blurred vision as well as slight memory loss, but that is a small price to pay for relieving what could have been. Bad anxiety. I am looking to be back to the "as needed" basis which hopefully will be rare.”

Jazzy · Taken for less than 1 month March 18, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam): “I was in a traumatic car accident. I ended up with severe anxiety. I ended getting panic attacks also. Thought I was going to die. Never took any anxiety pills before this accident. Now I'm taking Lorazepam - Ativan this works great for me. Oh my goodness! I'm reading the reviews. Everyone is different. Some works for some and some won't. It's a 50/50 chance like any drug. It depends on the severity of your diagnosis and how well your body can adapt to it. All depends. I can tell you this. It works for me. For now. My mom took it for 15 yrs. She's 64yrs old. It works great for her. Anyone taking this should walk, exercise or so a hobby you like. Sauna always helps. Anything relaxing helps. It decreases your anxiety and remember counselling or going to a support group helps. ”

Mental mom · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 17, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam): “I would not survive without being able to take this drug.”

SJ March 9, 2018

“I've been taking lorazepam off and on for about 10 years. My former PCP prescribed it because I have panic attacks when I fly, and I was going to be flying from the US to Australia. It worked wonders. As I was subsequently diagnosed with an anxiety disorder, I've been consistently re-prescribed this medication. Fortunately for me, I don't have the anxiety attacks I once did, so I don't take this nearly as often as I used to (once a week, maybe?), and I never took it often enough to get addicted, but I can certainly see how easy it would be to get hooked. Still, it's truly helped me when I needed it most, and still does when the nerves, nausea, and lightheadedness creep in. I've tried Xanax, and it didn't work nearly as well. Correction: I tried Xanax, and it only worked for about half an hour. Also, it did nothing to ease the nausea my anxiety brings about, but it works for my two closest friends, where Ativan doesn't. Guess it all depends on your chemical makeup.”

Diamond Lil · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 9, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam): “Prescribed by G.P. for anxiety 4mg. A day approximately 10 years ago, along with Zopiclone for 15 mg. for insomnia. I started to abuse both about 2 years ago. Sitting in a Treatment Centre for Drug Addicts, while I type this. Do not take Ativan or Zopiclone, easy to become addicted to both. Went through Hell detoxing and it took 19 days to get off the Ativan. There are better medications out there for you.”