User Reviews for Diazepam

Also known as: Diastat, Diastat AcuDial, Diastat Pediatric, Diazepam Intensol, Dizac, Valium, Valrelease, Zetran

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Diazepam.

ICU Agitation

Tetanus

1 review 18 medications
Summary of Diazepam reviews 8.6 434 reviews

Reviews for Diazepam

For Anxiety: "Diazepam 10mg twice helps immensely for my Panic Attacks, anxiety, night terrors. But only if I can get a generic that actually contains diazepam. I have been using Mylan and have had my urine screened for the presence of benzodiazepines for 6 months because I noticed that some months the drug had no effect whatsoever. I learned that 3 of the 6 drug screens found NO DIAZEPAM in them. So I called my MD and asked him to cancel my refills and to submit another requesting that Mylan not be used to fill it. I also contacted Mylan; they called the next day with questions relating to my experience. I looked up diazepam by Mylan I & found that there were many others who had the same complaints regarding Mylan and this drug being ineffective. Strict quality controls need to be in place."

pamela7767 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: "I have CP on my right side and down my back along with scoliosis and a bad pars defect for the pain and spasms I take methadone and diclofenac for the pain lyrica for the neuropathy and Valium soma and cannabis for the spasms. I’ve been on the Valium the longest. It’s a double edge sword in that I use it for anxiety and spasms. Before it I was on all the other standard benzodiazepines. Pound for pound it is the safest benzo to be on. It lasts the longest in ur system and self tapers meaning that withdrawal from it are easier than say Xanax or klonipin. I’ve been on Valium for almost 10 years and it has helped tremendously. With it I can get out of bed every day and have quality of life. Recently I switched from generic to name brand"

Kaiser soze (taken for 10 years or more) December 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: "I was put on Valium 5 mg. ( generic Diazepam) twice daily for 2 reasons. Severe muscle spasms, and anxiety. It works well for sleeping, and I do not wake up feeling hung over like I was on Robaxin. I am a Nurse's Aide and Valium can be highly addictive, so I only take it as needed when spasms and anxiety are bad."

Montysd (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Valium (diazepam) for Meniere's Disease: "I've had Severe Vertigo for 3.5 Months, I'm in a nursing home that does not believe some of the best Doctors at Yale so I Had 7 days of Relief!!!! A Neurology appointment at Hospital is in Mar. 2018, I will have Vertigo for close to 7 Months, Yes I will be suing the Nursing Home, because Yale will prescribe Valium again, and the rest home WILL NOT GIVE IT!!! PS, I'm also a Licenced Private Pilot and Vertigo was a Prime study section to Obtain your Private Pilot Certificate, Thanks, Jack"

Jack C. (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "I was on diazepam for about a year and then my pcp decided that I should try valium. I was on diazepam for over five years and I was leading a productive life. No anxiety, no panic attacks, I slept just fine taking 5mg. 3 times a day. I had a failed knee surgery and lower back problems and the valium helped with it all. Than in August of 17, a girlfriend of mine told me about a pain management clinic that she goes to. I checked it out. The doctor said before we start sticking needles or anything else, we have to start weaning you off the valium. I looked at him with the what are you talking about look. That was the end of Aug..First cut 9mg. Over the next two weeks the real world disappeared. I had sensitivities that I didn't know existed."

Bear135 (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Fantastic drug. I can take it for ages and come off with zero effects. Everyone is different. I'd take these over any anti depressants any day. You only live once and what's the point of suffering I'd stress to a Dr if you're not allowed them. I have them for anxiety/spasms. Make sure if any brand you get/ask for actavis.. others are useless. Chemists/NHS like the useless ones as they're cheap"

Pogo28 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Night Terrors: "I have fibromyalgia and general anxiety disorder. The mix of the two causes seriously disturbing nightmares. I started taking 5mg of valium at night about two weeks ago. The nightmares are all but gone. In fact, most of my dreams now just make me laugh at their absurdity. It's been a real blessing."

Emmalene (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Don't make the mistake so many others do by taking this horrible drug. You will get relief initially but make no mistake about it, this is really addictive and before you know it you will hit tolerance and will need to take more to continue feeling OK. However you may get to the point where it actually makes you feel horrible, waking up every morning with extreme anxiety and hopeless. I've off all benzos for 9 weeks now and I'm finally starting to feel normal. Before trying this med, do your research and you'll find out how many poor souls are out there suffering every day with very little relief."

Benzo Free and Happy! (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 31, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I have been taking 5mg Valium for the better part of 25 years. I was a huge drinker with a problem so I gave up the booze 12 years ago. However I have had major problems sleeping so I take a valium at night. Doctors hate given me Valium and it really blows me out as I don't drink and don't take illegal Drugs [ I did take heroin in the late 80s and some speed .. ]. I Haven't had drugs like that since 1980. I went two years without Valium and didn't bother me at all. I don't care what they say I will take valium until I die and I love the sleep I have. I have never taken one during the day because I don't wish to go to sleep or feel that way.."

peterredd (taken for 10 years or more) October 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I find these are excellent medication Top Notch!"

Happy Hippie (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Was given 5mg to take up to 3 times per day for anxiety. Didn’t use it each day, only when really necessary. Initially worked well, but extreme fatigue was a problem. Within a few weeks I was only taking it on 2 or 3 days per week, up to 2 doses. Sometimes I would half the tablets. By that time it was only helping for an hour or two so I stopped taking it. The withdrawal anxiety has been horrendous. My GP didn’t even talk about withdrawal to me. I won’t be recommending this to anyone apart from for emergency use. I am angry that I was prescribed this so easily with no advice given."

Juju1960 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I was given 10 mg of diazepam for these crazy muscle spasms I get. Usually after work when I try to relax on my recliner is when these spasms will kick in. I am also waiting on a hip joint replacement that I will never afford. Last week after taking 10 mg of diazepam not only did my spasms subside but the pain in my hip has substantially decreased. Very manageable pain. Only the diazepam was taken no pain pill of any kind were take. I stopped taken the diazepam for 5 days and the pain and spams returned. Start taking it again and pains has subsided along with the spasms."

Brutus1951 October 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: "I take 5mg as needed at bedtime. I have severe muscle spasms, shoulder, and neck pain. I use aleve, advil, and diclofenac and still have pain. I was waking up with terrible tension headaches before using this. I only take it when I feel the tension at night. Regarding other comments on addiction - I have taken benzos for YEARS (on/off and never daily) and I have never become addicted. If taken only as needed, it's a great drug."

SunflowerRN (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Meniere's Disease: "I suffered along with many young G.I.'s at Ft. Jackson SC who from an attack of Viral meningitis that hospitalized those of us affected for two to three weeks. Suffered progressive ringing in one ear and eventual total functional hearing loss. Military Dr's wrote it off as affect of change in humidity etc. Diagnosed with Meniere's syndrome 8 years later. Rx'd 5mg diazepam prn and have been using sporadically ever since. The Rx stops the spinning dizziness before nausea sets in. IT WORKS ! I am 72 now and have been using it when needed for 36 years now. It does little for the ear buzzing/ringing and fullness. But does wonders for the dizziness and prevents nausea and vomiting."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) September 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "This may seem really strange but I swear I seem to have more focus when I read very complex material. Is that normal? I found myself behind in law school because of Hurricane Irma that left me without electricity and becoming increasingly behind with the material because of power outages. I took one before I started working on it and I feel wonderful and unaffected by the stress of trying to catch up. Very interesting. Was wondering if anyone had similar experience . . . ."

abogado September 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I've tried most of the muscle relaxers - flexeril (cannot tolerate), skelaxa (unfortunately cannot tolerate) and Robaxin (not quite strong enough) for a tight and unrelenting piriformis. 5mg of good old fashioned Valium takes care of it in the evening. Too bad it's sedating otherwise it would be my go to med during the day for this tight muscle - that despite loads of PT, massage and stretching I am unable to get to let go. I really appreciate Valium for this!"

Boterosmom (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "My blood pressure was 270/120 and had to work through many drugs before this one lowered my anxiety and blood pressure. At 20 mg a day usually take all at night time for sleep to. Side effects sometimes headache. Strong addiction and should be weaned off it slowly or your head will hurt non stop for a month. A nightmare to stop cold. It lasts eight times longer than Xanax or Klonopin they are two brothers not to mess with. At first you may have the sedated effect before you become more resistant to the drug. Where you get the drug also makes a difference. Some stores give the yellow tablet which melts in mouth as clean as water. Other stores have an orange tablet that tastes like paper. Walmart has the good one and some grocery but not CVS."

Brian H.H. September 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "Was previously on lorazapam and switched to Valium in February. Since then I never felt relief and suffered every day from anxiety. It didn't matter if I took 2mg or 12mg I didn't feel better and in fact I felt more anxiety. A week ago I decided to stop it cold turkey and every day since I have felt 90% better. I'm going through some withdrawal like tinnitus and night time sweats but I wake up better and have been feeling happiness. I strongly recommend staying off any benzodiazepine and if you are going to take it, only for bad panic attacks. Never take them daily as they are very addictive and quite difficult to get off of. They say that benzos are more difficult to get off of than heroin. Try Gabapentin for anxiety."

PM17 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "I have suffered with anxiety and severe panic attacks for many years. It is a GODSEND. Initially anyway. I have noticed over the years I've had to increase the dose I take (which I've never taken daily). 5mg of diazepam (Valium) never did much for me. But 7.5mg used to have a perfect effect. These days I need 15mg for that same affect. Its a shame. And I thought I wasn't abusing it because I didn't take it daily. (Generally 2 or 3 times a week, depending how I felt). I'm still giving it a high rating for the many times its helped me. But even taking it as PRN has eventually caught up on me. If I don't take it for several days I start feeling sick. Devastated to lose a medication that can work so well."

PatchRight (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I am on Diazepam to treat Stiff Person's Syndrome and related anxiety symptoms: fear of heights, open spaces... Anxiety, stress and loneliness are increasing, though muscle spasm and stiffening attacks no longer occur"

L M-S (taken for 10 years or more) August 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Never tried diazepam for anxiety or any other medication I also tried it for RLS . Its really effective but hard to stop and withdrawals are hell. I also acting like a zombie have risky sexual behaviour with this."

Ganya Adling (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Seizure Prevention: "I have been taking diazepam three times a day for seizure prevention and myoclonic spasms. I have been taking this combination of diazepam with Keppra and have had no seizures for five years. Before that I suffered partial seizures and Grand Mal seizures while on only one anti-seizure medications. Sincerely bestpup"

bestpup (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I have taken this for different reasons and since 1972 I have had the dosage changed same amount but different time to meet my current need. Making the dosage 6 mg total per day. I take it in the am, mid afternoon. bed time. collectively 6 mg. How ever, I am now into eye injections for wet macula degeneration. I take 2 mg before I go in for inj. it is not pleasant, but working well for me. I use my walker a good part of the time to keep good balance. I also practice yoga. I do have a difficult time with meds. so, I stick with this. but have added magnesium as a relaxer helper . It work wonders. I am in my 80's, and doing well. The degeneration of the macula ,being the worst part. But I do very well, an am greatful for the valium as it works."

spinal stenosis sciatica, August 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I have been on Valium (diazepam) for 40 years, have never had any side effects, great drug. If prescribed properly, no one should ever have any problems with this drug if prescribed properly, & if taking it for the right reasons."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) August 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: "You know perfectly well this drug is HELL and the withdrawal of it is obscene if you even make it. How DARE Doctors not let patients know this up front. It is criminal. For years this withdrawal issue has been known and HIDDEN from patients and even doctors. It has ruined my life and many others. MILLIONS of others. SPEAK UP."

maryjuneopper August 4, 2017