User Reviews for Diazepam

Also known as: Diastat, Diastat AcuDial, Diastat Pediatric, Diazepam Intensol, Dizac, Valium, Valrelease, Zetran

Learn more about Diazepam.

ICU Agitation 1 reviews 13 medications

Endoscopy or Radiology Premedication 2 reviews 78 medications

Tetanus 1 reviews 18 medications

Summary of Diazepam reviews 331 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Diazepam

For Muscle Spasm: "I have been taking diazepam 5mg tablets daily for about 1.5 years, alongside various painkillers dependant on my pain levels, the strongest of which is oramorph. I have a genetic condition called Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. It presents itself in many ways but the symptom I'm explaining today is frequent joint dislocation. I dislocate various joints 20-30 times a day, bigger joints esp hips require morphine and diazepam. The diazepam works well for the spasm that surrounds the affected joint, meaning I can relocated it easier. The sedation effect goes away after a few days. I've never felt addicted to this med but I know it is addictive for others. Sometimes I will take 10mg for a bad dislocation. I highly recommend it if you stick to the dose."

Jojo89 July 22, 2016

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "I can't eat or be around a lot of people with out it or zannex. Zannex is good but doesn't last as long. My Mom even said while I was on diazepam, it's good to see a smile on your face:-)! It may may make you feel kind of goofy for a couple days but after that it just helps. The sedation subsides as well. A very tolerable medication that really does help. Trust me!"

Austin j (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2016

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "I am a newbie to Valium. Just took my first dose today, 10 mg. The doctor prescribed it for the acute anxiety attacks I have once in a while. I have generalized anxiety disorder mixed with bipolar disorder. I take Pristiq for the anxiety and it has helped but it doesn't cover everything. When I'm anxious I cannot go outside and become bedridden. I am also on 70mg of Vyvanse for ADD and it took the doctor some time to be convinced of the benefits of taking a benzo. You know, the whole upper/downer concern. I took my Valium in the evening when the Vyvanse was wearing off. It worked wonders. It kicked in 15 minutes upon taking it. the only side effect is that I feel a little wobbly when standing. But the fact that I am calm makes up for it"

Tmangione (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2016

For Anxiety: "I also have analgesia for recurrent kidney stones. Diazepam is particularly useful at night - 5-10mg in aiding sleep and reducing the need for strong analgesia. It has also been great in helping reduce my alcohol intake."

John of Croy (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 8, 2016

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "Date: 07-08-2016...Re Valium: I have been taking Valium for the past three years as I suffer from Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I very seldom take Valium. Like, 4 mg a week or 4 mg twice a week or I can go a month without taking it. It is very subtle, it will start working after 20 minutes which has been my experience. Valium does melt my anxiety and panicky feelings away even at 4 mg. After taking it, I would feel like my old self. I tried to score it by 2 mg; however, it is not effective. I think those who try it the first time should go 4 mg or 5 mg. I am also taking an SSRI for my anxiety condition. SSRI is not perfect. Some days are tough so I tough it out by not taking a Valium. If you don't abuse it, you can take it for life."

Be Strong July 8, 2016

For Anxiety: "I was prescribed to take Bromazepam, and the only thing i can say about it is that it made my head really confused. I felt drowsiness and sometimes even nausea. It affected my concentration and memory capabilities, which was really bad since i am a student. Valium, however, made me lessen my anxiety so much. The only "side effect" is that it makes you sleepy and it does kinda affect your memory abilities throughout the day. I use 5mg of Valium whenever i need it."

NickX (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 4, 2016

Valium (diazepam) for Light Anesthesia: "My husband was given one valium (I don't know dosage ... family never knows much) prior to IVC removal. As soon as procedure was complete he was very weak and short of breath and continues to be. He feels terrible and cannot walk more than 5-6 feet. He is epileptic and the doctor knows this. From what I now understand valium shouldn't be given to seizure patients, and increased shortness of breath is a side effect. I hope we never have to go through another experience like this. At least, we know to refuse valium from now on."

Anonymous June 28, 2016

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "I've tried all the benzos to treat my panic attacks, and this one I chose to settle on. It's the most mild on my system. The effects are subtle, but they successfully address the anxiety without making me too tired. I try not too take more than 2 10mg pills per week. I also take 200mg Lamictal and 20mg Prozac, which lessened the instances of panic."

bobby1977 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 17, 2016

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: "This is ny preferred muscle relaxer when I deal with sciatica flare ups. Was prescribed flexiril once and it did nothing for me in 4 days. Asked the doctor to switch me to this and she gave me a 6 day predisone pack and halfway through 6 days of that and the valium and I am starting to feel way better."

Shughart (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2016

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "I have a very positive experience with Valium. I'm taking it 8 years now, only as needed. This medication allows my to relax and socialize. But..."God over everything" is my motto."

Sweeteamint (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 13, 2016

For Anxiety: "I had have valium for 4 years for anxiety and panic attacks. It works in the beginning but the last 2 years had been a hard struggle with witdrawal symptoms and it is a drug that is really powerful and will make u addicted to it. It is so hard to stop with valium and the taper had take almost 2 years!!! I have 40 mg in the beginning and is now on 11,25 mg. Will continue ten mor weeks. Thw w/d is the worst thing I ever felt. It makes me so sick. And I dont wish my worst enemy this. Never start with a benzo if u dont want to destroy your life fpr ever. In Sweden the smallest amount is 2,5 mg, we dont have fluid so I made my own titration. Valium had stole 2 years of my life ..."

Made in Sweden (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 13, 2016

Valium (diazepam) for Meniere's Disease: "Valium worked. But can no longer afford the brand. So, I have to try the generic. Time will tell if it works. The brand cost at this time is $204. The cost for the generic is $30. Insurance will pay for the generic not Valium. The generic does not work the same."

Dizzy Dee May 16, 2016

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "My doctor will not prescribe medicine for my panic attacks. I have depression and when I have a panic attack have trouble breathing. Doctors will not prescribe valium for these attacks because he says they are addictive. This is crazy. I am not a drug addict and need something to help me thru these attacks. What to do. Maybe a little lead to the head would take care of these attacks."

Puttintain May 14, 2016

For Anxiety: "I suffer from panic attacks. They occur maybe twice a year. When I do have one it feels like a heart attack. I have tried Xanax and hated the way it made me feel. Valium, or diazepam is the only pill that when I am having a panic attack I take it with in minutes it calms me down and I snap right back to normal. I have no side effects, no drowsiness. This is because I take it for extreme emergencies when I truly need it. One time I did take it just to fall asleep and I did hallucinate and made me feel drowsy. I never did that again. This pill works for panic attacks. Though mine a rare I would recommend it to anyone who suffers from them. They are not addicting if you take them the right way."

Stay at home mom (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2016

For Anxiety: "I have taken this for many years 5mg x 3 a day. My nerves will take over without it and my new doctor wants me to quit taking them. Why when a medicine works for you does a new doctor want to undermine the other doctor it seems and change everything. I am 58 and I think I know how my body reacts to medications a bit better than someone that has seen me in an office for 10 minutes. They don't listen. Is there doctors still out there that see some people need Valium to be able to function in life and their jobs. I have worked all my life and contributed to society yet to be treated like a drug addict when going in to the doctors office. Does anyone have any helpful advise on how to choose a doctor that understands? Thanks"

TJZZZ April 24, 2016

For Anxiety: "I've suffered from Chronic Anxiety induced Agorphobia since 2nd grade. As I got older, my anxiety is getting worse by the day. I'm currently 23. I've been on Clonazepam 1mg 3x daily, Alprazolam 1mg 3x daily, and Lorazepam 1mg 4x daily. They ALL helped, but not enough. My psych finally introduced me to Diazepam, and put me on 10mg 4x daily. My first dose, I said WOW. What a RELIEF. It feels like a combo of all the benzos I listed above. I LOVE how it peaks very fast AND has the longest half life. Diazepam is absolutely the PERFECT Benzodiazepine.10/10.. Thank you DIAZEPAM!"

3927Teva10mg (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 5, 2016

For Anxiety: "My Saviour, Suffered severe anxiety panic attacks constantly for the last 4 wks heart racing trembling stomach, tried numerous meds citalapram, sertraline, prozac etc which all made my anxiety much worse. My dr prescribed 5mg twice daily of diazipam, morning & night I take 2.5mg in the evening a quarter in the morning & the other quarter in the afternoon so 5mg in all daily. It has instantly been a. lifesave and a wonder drug for me. I don't plan on over doing it or staying on it for very long. but if anyone is suffering badly I would say there is no harm in giving it a try. If you can - the side effects from other meds I'd tried was horrific & with diazepam I've had non. I hope this helps"

Cally54 March 10, 2016

For Anxiety: "This medication worked well fo me to relieve anxiety. It is only intended for short term use 4-6 weeks max. Valium is a Benzodiazapine and as such is highly addictive. I took it for 3 months 30 mg a day when I tried to stop the withdrawals were so severe I stayed on it. I stayed on it for 3 years eventually getting my dose down to 10-15 mg a day. But even this was up and down, I was eventually sent to a rehab to try and get off of it. While there I had two granmall seizures and almost died. Benzodiazepines are known as the worst detox in the world, heroin is a cake walk compared to them. The detox can last for months and they are one of the few drugs that can cause death during detox. You got to taper really slowly or you can die."

Spudley (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 10, 2016

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "I current take this medication to stay calm. I have bad anxiety due to some ptsd related issues. I've tried em all from Ativan-Xanax, and this medication works well. I currently take a generic brand. The brand is TEVA. I did not like the Mylan brand, for it was chalky and was weak. TEVA is a great generic Valium and it helps very well for people struggling from anxiety disorder. I hope this helps somebody."

TLed47 March 6, 2016

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "Used for 17yrs, worked well at first but needed increased doses as I became tolerant,held the same dose for past 7 yrs then suddenly became acutely anxious and agoraphobic dose was increased again but only result was awful unsteadiness on my feet. Finally was told that some people get withdrawal symptoms even whilst taking the same dose and it seems that is the problem I have,never been this ill in my life and now i face having to taper off it which scares me, my experience and opinion is it was fine short term but long term caused me more problems than it ever solved."

Mel77007 February 23, 2016

For Anxiety: "I've been on 5mg of Diazepam (Valium) for several years now. My prescription calls for 2 pills/day per month. The 60 pills usually last me 4-6 months, so I don't need to take them all the time. When I get a panic attack 1 pill usually takes care of it. If not, I take another one a few hours later. I have tried many anxiety meds, this is the only one that seems to work."

glennw3 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 23, 2016

For Anxiety: "I've always had problems with persistent depression since I was 14 (I'm now 25) but I've never been suicidal. It took me a couple of weeks to realise it but this medication made me suicidal! I was prescribed it for anxiety and restless legs at night, it did get me to sleep but I woke up several times through out the night. I was originally prescribed half a 5 ml tablet but had no effect until I took 2 tablets (10mg). Because I didn't become suicidal immediately after taking the tablets I didn't realise this was what was causing it but after becoming sus I googled "can diazepam can suicidal thoughts" and sure enough there were plenty of similar complaints. I've stopped taking it and doing much better"

Sandy2816 February 23, 2016

Zetran (diazepam) for Anxiety: "I suffered from severe anxiety and anxiety attacks for over 20 years. the psychiatrists I was seeing had me on different anti anxiety drugs but nothing worked. The attacks got so severe and so often that I had to sign myself into a mental hospital. the house doctor in the hospital gave me 2 blue valium and he told me to place them under my tongue. wow I couldn't believe it. After about 10 minutes I finally calmed down. the anxiety totally drained from my body. As time went by I would feel another anxiety attack come on. I would take my valium and the attacks would go away. That happened about 30 years ago and I no longer suffer from anxiety attacks. Also I do not abuse the valium I don't take them anymore."

CAPERGUY February 22, 2016

For Anxiety: "This drug will ultimately ruin your life. The withdrawal has been described as worse than heroine."

smjenkins1981 (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 19, 2016

For Anxiety: "this medication was designed for short term relief of anxiety. Which is 4 to six weeks. max dose is 20mg a day. this medication is addictive."

nick name (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2016