User Reviews for Diazepam

Tetanus

1 review 18 medications
Summary of Diazepam reviews 8.6 518 reviews

Reviews for Diazepam

For Seizure Prevention: "I have used diazepam medication for over 35 years. It has for me proven to be the most effective going!! I am so tired of this medication or something like it becoming harder to get thanks to our federal and local government!! Putting it the way the MD,s say along with the same way I feel our doc's take a oath "TO DO NO HARM" Well they tell me that it's sad that now they are required to be told by someone who may or may not have a high school diploma and they don't know medicine let alone every patient is different!! I am so tired of jumping through hoops just to get the medical treatment I desperately deserve!! I could go on and on but I don't know if just this'll do any good for you or myself."

Mike (taken for 10 years or more) April 5, 2019

For Muscle Spasm: "I've been a chronic migraine sufferer for over 30 years I have been on a slew of medications injections hospitalizations MRIs over 40 different drugs for migraines and only valium/diazapam works for me yet I cannot ever get a prescription for it even after an ER visit from a migraine that has left me dilapidated for over 9 days in a row I can still only receive 3 Valium as if that will even help me. I need to find a way to get this regularly because my condition is chronic, it's physiology, I've been under a neurologist for a decade, it get over 60 injections in my body every 3 months & it is not ever going to go away so long as there are pressure changes in our atmosphere I will be in chronic pain and this is the only thing that helps, any suggestions on how somebody can help me would be so appreciated. I'm in Denver CO & no, marajuana doesn't really help."

Zombie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 4, 2019

For Muscle Spasm: "Best muscle relaxer I’ve tried, and I have tried them all (zanaflex, soma, skelaxin, robaxin, flexeril and on and on) this releases the spasms in my neck and shoulders due to bulged discs. I only use it as needed and have never had dependency or withdrawal issues. When used as directed I don’t believe there is a better one available."

Sarge (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 2, 2019

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "Hi I have bad anxiety daily it has worsened since I stopped taking codeine for pain caused by my tooth. Now I have panic attacks daily. My mind feels dazed and I zone out. I am on on Valium and it calms me down but last night I had a attack and I couldn't calm down my body was calm but my mind was still freaking out thinking I am going to go insane has anyone else felt this"

Teah (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2019

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "My prescription says I can take 5m to 10mg if I have an anxiety attack (or sleep problem) and I am allowed to repeat if I need it 12 hours later. It takes me many months to go through 30 tablets. I think it works well and it doesn't make me feel vegged out. *Note I can't report on using it for sleep. I'm very concerned with anyone taking it everyday as I think this is begging for problems with addiction and tolerance. I've gone without it for over a month so I think the take it only as needed is the best way to avoid addiction. For those saying things like never take a Benzo? Chill out your problem is not everyone's experience."

PatientWAnxiety (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 10, 2019

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: "Been on diazepam for several years for restless leg syndrome (RLS). It has been the only drug that works. 2.5mg at night sometimes 5mg but not often . No problems with it and never any withdrawal on the rare occasions I can do without it."

All WET (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 24, 2019

For Anxiety: "Diazepam has been a life saver for me, it's helped with my anxiety and helped me be less of an emotional wreck. I'm not a teary as I was before I was prescribed this drug. It's also helped take the edge of pain. Highly recommend it."

worksforme (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 11, 2019

For Anxiety: "Works well, especially with tolerance breaks. Tolerance builds quickly so days off are recommended, usually if larger doses are required 1 day on 2 days off is recommended. Highly addictive and patients with drug abuse and/or addiction/habituation history should be monitored very closely."

kaga (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 9, 2019

For Muscle Spasm: "I have burning mouth syndrome. I have had it for 7 years. I was desperate for relief. I was put on amitriptyline, an anti depressant. It did nothing except make me sleep all day and feel sick. I researched the condition and found that some get relief from Klonopin or low dose Valium. My primary at the time was reluctant. I went to a neurologist who agreed. Even the lowest dose klonapin was too strong though it did calm the pain. I then tried low dose Valium, 2mg once or twice a day. It has been a savior. I only take 2mg per day. It has changed my life."

Salty 123 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 26, 2019

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "If I start panicking I take 2mg and that's enough to calm me down for the rest of the day. This drug is a wonder as far as anxiety goes (for me)."

Luc (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 25, 2019

For Anxiety: "I have suffered with anxiety all my life because of a difficult upbringing, Dad was away a lot in the Army. My first husband used to beat me up and my second husband was mean and kept me in the house. I turned to the Diazepams, I was given Valium, it helped a lot. I'm now almost 70 and still taking it."

Maggieminx (taken for 10 years or more) January 25, 2019

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "10/10! It helped me sleep, it helped me eat... I wasn't ever concerned about anything and it was only one tablet in the morning daily. Honestly the best meds my docs ever put me on."

AnxietyFreak (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 24, 2019

For Anxiety: "I have been on diazepam for 15 years and I am now going through hell. I'm on 14 mg a day and they are killing me slowly, making my anxiety million times worse and I have irritable aggressive moods, shaking, chest pains, vomiting, numb, restless feet, the most painful experience of my life. I am going insane. DO NOT TOUCH THESE DRUGS"

Tinkerbella (taken for 10 years or more) January 15, 2019

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "only medicine that works for my anxiety"

pattiecakes (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 14, 2019

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "I wanted to reduce my daily drinking so I decided to swap out the alcohol with diazepam every other day. I need something at night to calm me down and drinking every day was a bad idea. So every other day I don't drink and instead take 5 mg diazepam. I'm able to fall asleep and don't miss the booze on the days I take it. Too much of anything is a bad thing and this way I spread my risk."

calmest (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 11, 2019

For Muscle Spasm: "Iv'e had to take a diazepam for muscle spasms, I don't take them continuously, it's the only meds that relax my body, I only get prescribed 14 tablets on the prescription when I need them, but the last time I was prescribed them was about 4 months ago, my doctor was the one who suggested this, but when I apply for them again, they are very reluctant to give me them, I'm not addicted to them what so ever, I only take them when I have muscle spasm and I'm very reluctant to take one, I feel like my doctor forgets what happens to my body x"

Missy (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 3, 2019

For Temporomandibular Joint Disorder: "12/21/18: I am the lucky winner of Sjögren's Disease, TMJ/grinding, TRIGEMINAL NEURALGIA, & 2 whiplash injuries. I'm also an RN, BS - medically retired (aka - disabled). Most people don't know that Valium is a multipurpose drug & that is also a MUSCLE RELAXER. I have been on Valium PRN since ...1982 ....for my first whiplash & then my second in 1991. In the 80s I developed TMJ & Valium helped immensely w/relieving that pain. In the 90s I developed TN & Valium also helped w/that agony. As of 1998, I have been on a Palliative Care Regimen (PCR) of round the clock Morphine for Systemic, End Stage, Refractory IC. For me, both Valium & Morphine have also helped reduce my TN & TMJ pain. For me, NEITHER drug makes me sleepy, groggy or "high." Sadly, due the "opioid crisis" fabricated by The CDC in 2016, more & more drs are refusing to Rx opiates & benzodiazepines. My quality of life is poor, at best, & without both of these meds, you will find me fully bedridden & in the fetal position."

Laura December 21, 2018

For Anxiety: "I have been on many of the well known psych meds. Nothing seemed to work until I got some relief from Ativan but when it wore off the anxiety would return so in search of a long lasting solution my doctor put me on 10 mg of Valium three times a day. I feel much better. Not 100%,I'm still trying to get there but I've been on this dose for about two years and the only time I am anxious seems to be in the morning and a little here and there throughout the day. All my anxiety problems started back when I was 15 and had a panic attack smoking marijuana. Now I'm 51 and have had some very good years. The last big panic really hit me when my Grandmother died. She was the one who mostly raised me. She was the safe place."

Still Learning (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 17, 2018

For Anxiety: "This medication has made my life possible. Why oh why do GP’s have an issue with it ? Have tried SSRI’s and Propanolol; neither do anything to make me function as ‘me’. This isn’t a dialogue oriented site, but, if something is making one’s life great, why oh why do old fashioned GP’s try to change medication? Why treat me like a criminal?"

JohnTPH123 December 16, 2018

For Anxiety: "I've been diagnosed with anxiety and been prescribed with Diazepam (Valium) 5mg to be taken twice daily. So far I took them right before bed. The morning after I can certainly say I do feel the symptoms have subsided and I do feel a little better. My Dr. said it's still building up but I can spread out the doses 10am 5mg and then 10pm 5mg."

razzoozi (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "I get diazepam prescribed regularly by my Primary Physician for my chronic back pain and muscle spasms and it has been very effective, also helps me sleep better as it’s been difficult to sleep with the pain"

Luke (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 29, 2018

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "My psychiatrist prescribed this for me reluctantly when I demanded some relief from horrible anxiety. I did not abuse it, and he monitored my intake. In the first few years I averaged 10mg per week. I went through a horrible personal tragedy and upped the dose, with psychiatrists' full knowledge. The tragedy lasted 3 years, and I quit valium cold-turkey. I stayed in bed 8 months, and learned the meaning of the phrase "pray without ceasing." Literally. For those who need some kind of timeline, I speak from experience that withdrawal eased up after 8 months. God willing, I will never touch benzos again. Short-term for some patients they offer some benefits. Short term ONLY."

SufferingSuccotash (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 27, 2018

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: "Last week I went to the emergency room with my neck completely frozen and a blinding headache. After 72 hours of trying heating pads & everything from Advil to Flexeril to Vicodin with NO effect, I was convinced it had to be meningitis. My BP (normally a chill 120/70) was 145/92, so when the doc said 'I'm not trying to minimize what you're going thru, but you've just got a stiff neck; I'm giving you valium', I was furious. Well, my apologies to the ER doc, because so far it has worked like a charm--only 4 days and I've got 80% of my mobility back, and the remaining pain is manageable with Advil. I always thought Valium was only an anti-anxiety drug, but I'm happy to have been mistaken. I'd highly recommend this as short-term treatment for muscle spasm; Flexeril had always been my go-to, but if for some reason it's ineffective on your spinal pain, Valium is great. However, I can't WAIT to get off it: I feel it's really impaired my mental acuity."

Missey D (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2018

For Anxiety: "I began treatment for anxiety at the age of 16years old. Now 7 years on and I have used a variety of different medications to try to relieve symptoms. My list includes: sertraline at dosages 50mg and 100mg (1x daily); citalopram at dosages 10, 20 and 40mg (1xdaily); diazepam (Valium) dosage at 2mg (3xdaily); zopiclone (sleeping aid) 3.75mg (1xdaily) and propranolol (beta blocker) 40mg (3xdaily). At the moment I am taking a combination of sertraline (100mg), diazepam and zopiclone and this JUST keeps things under control. I am often tired throughout the day and suffer from sleep paralysis at night or in the morning. The only notable side effects that impact my life day to day are a reduced libido and headaches. I also see or speak to my psychologist and my psychiatrist weekly who help manage my medication and emotions while providing self help techniques and support."

zocam (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 16, 2018

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "Let me start off with thanking valium for helping me to get onto an airplane after years of fear! I got on that plane like I owned it lol... got into Mexico and was still calm as a clam on the taxi ride to the hotel. OK but now my anxiety has come back to me lately and I've felt the need to take 5mg of valium almost every other day...I'm a changed person on it... I have no fears, it helps me save the world... it brings my appetite back to the point I want to order everything off the menu... I'm more calm with my children I'm happy and playful. I do also see a counsellor once a week and I am aware of the unfortunate withdraws valium could possibly have."

Msmoni (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 5, 2018