User Reviews for Diazepam

Also known as: Diastat, Diastat AcuDial, Diastat Pediatric, Diazepam Intensol, Dizac, Valium, Valrelease, Zetran

Learn more about Diazepam.

ICU Agitation 1 reviews 13 medications

Endoscopy or Radiology Premedication 2 reviews 78 medications

Tetanus 1 reviews 18 medications

Summary of Diazepam reviews 341 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Diazepam

For Anxiety: "I get bad anxiety and panic when I am alone at home and it gets dark. Feel REALLY claustrophobic and can freak out badly. I started to take high doses of my amitriptyline to try and knock myself out in total desperation. I didn't care about the risks I just wanted the horrific feelings to go away. My GP prescribed 5-10mg of diazapam which I only take when things become unmanageable! It has amazing results. Am home alone now, it's dark and I feel quite comfortable. It really has saved my sanity and my life as I couldn't have gone on much longer like I was. Miracle drug "

B.A.F August 29, 2016

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "Even before I got fired valium kept me calm and stress free. You don't have to take to many for them to work. You can skip days and still feel the same affect."

Just got fired (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2016

Diazepam Intensol (diazepam) for Anxiety: "Doseage: 5mg, 6 times a day PRO: That's a lot of valium. It helps some (6 of 10) with anxiety and cuts back my "plugged into an electric socket feeling. Helps get to sleep. It is a great muscle relaxer and helps a great deal with my muscle spasms. Don't know what I'd do without it. CON: Makes me sleepy. I have to be careful to take the drug on schedule. Otherwise I can wind up with too much in my system at once. Dangerous when driving. You cannot drink alcohol with diazepam. You don't just get sleepy; You pass out without warning. I mean pass out. Maybe OK at home in bed. Really bad any where else."

An AOL User (taken for 10 years or more) August 26, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "I take this med for pain and it works very well. Theres been points of time where this is all I had and I was greatful to have it I do recommend it to anyone who needs pain to go away."

KimberlyE33 August 20, 2016

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "This Med can be hard to manage if a person has addictive tendencies, but as far as the panic attacks and anxiety that occur with BPD, it is a godsend. Even if you have to rely on friends, family, or even a doctor to prescribe a week at a time, it really can help. Just be sure, no matter what, not to lose it or run out. Keep the tops on, keep it organized, keep it locked up if you must. Stopping abruptly causes seizures and that is NOT fun. NOT. You can fall and you can die. It isn't a substitute for learning coping skills for stress like exercise, DBT, etc. But anyone who has been through it- especially someone who isn't rich and is on disability/ Medicaid knows how hard it is to find REAL Dialectical Behavioral Therapy. It helps. A LOT."

Interrupted (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 17, 2016

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "I've been on valium for about 6 months now and have severe social anxiety and separation anxiety. But it definitely helps. Allows me to not feel as claustrophobic and not to get as shaky or frozen in anxiety producing situations. If I have an anxiety attack or feel like I'm going to have one then I will take a valium and it helps me get through the day."

Melody m-c August 14, 2016

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "I was a benzo/opiate addict for 10 years. Using strong narcotics including H, Methadone, Oxycodone, Xanax, and Klonopin. I was given Buprenorphine (Subutex) and Diazepam (Valium) for Detox. The Diazepam was a god send. It helped tremendously with both detoxes. It wasn't easy of course, but I fought it through. Diazepam is a thumbs up for detox!"

BenzoDiazepam10mg (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 12, 2016

For Meniere's Disease: "If I take diazepam immediately when I start getting dizzy, it usually takes away all dizziness and I am ok. If I wake up and I am dizzy or if I'm dizzy for an extended period of time before taking diazepam, the diazepam works for a few hours but the dizziness comes back. I do get sleepy with the medication because I don't take it very frequently but I am able to work while taking it unless I have to take multiple doses and then I am extremely groggy. My doseage is 5 mg. every 6 hours. This medication has been extremely helpful in treating my dizziness."

MichelleRenee August 5, 2016

For Anxiety: "Hello! I am a nurse and I suffer from anxiety and depression from very early age. I used many antidepressants through the years, but nothing was as helpful such as diazepam. It's a miracle drug.Finaly, maby in first timemy life l am filling calm and so secure Because I am a nurse I was very afraid to take this kind of drugs, because I listened many times that this kind of drugs, called benzodiazepines can create an addiction in a very short time, but my psychotherapist told me: "yes, that's kind of drugs can be addictive, but who cares if it make you to feel good? It not working such narcotic drugs- usually you don't need to take larger amounts of drug through the years in order to receive the same influence.""

A calmed nurse August 3, 2016

For Anxiety: "I was prescribed 5mg tablets and although the Valium makes me feel a bit drowsy it one hundred percent helps with my anxiety."

Rachelc03 July 27, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "I have been taking diazepam 5mg tablets daily for about 1.5 years, alongside various painkillers dependant on my pain levels, the strongest of which is oramorph. I have a genetic condition called Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. It presents itself in many ways but the symptom I'm explaining today is frequent joint dislocation. I dislocate various joints 20-30 times a day, bigger joints esp hips require morphine and diazepam. The diazepam works well for the spasm that surrounds the affected joint, meaning I can relocated it easier. The sedation effect goes away after a few days. I've never felt addicted to this med but I know it is addictive for others. Sometimes I will take 10mg for a bad dislocation. I highly recommend it if you stick to the dose."

Jojo89 July 22, 2016

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "I can't eat or be around a lot of people with out it or zannex. Zannex is good but doesn't last as long. My Mom even said while I was on diazepam, it's good to see a smile on your face:-)! It may may make you feel kind of goofy for a couple days but after that it just helps. The sedation subsides as well. A very tolerable medication that really does help. Trust me!"

Austin j (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2016

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "I am a newbie to Valium. Just took my first dose today, 10 mg. The doctor prescribed it for the acute anxiety attacks I have once in a while. I have generalized anxiety disorder mixed with bipolar disorder. I take Pristiq for the anxiety and it has helped but it doesn't cover everything. When I'm anxious I cannot go outside and become bedridden. I am also on 70mg of Vyvanse for ADD and it took the doctor some time to be convinced of the benefits of taking a benzo. You know, the whole upper/downer concern. I took my Valium in the evening when the Vyvanse was wearing off. It worked wonders. It kicked in 15 minutes upon taking it. the only side effect is that I feel a little wobbly when standing. But the fact that I am calm makes up for it"

Tmangione (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2016

For Anxiety: "I also have analgesia for recurrent kidney stones. Diazepam is particularly useful at night - 5-10mg in aiding sleep and reducing the need for strong analgesia. It has also been great in helping reduce my alcohol intake."

John of Croy (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 8, 2016

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "Date: 07-08-2016...Re Valium: I have been taking Valium for the past three years as I suffer from Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I very seldom take Valium. Like, 4 mg a week or 4 mg twice a week or I can go a month without taking it. It is very subtle, it will start working after 20 minutes which has been my experience. Valium does melt my anxiety and panicky feelings away even at 4 mg. After taking it, I would feel like my old self. I tried to score it by 2 mg; however, it is not effective. I think those who try it the first time should go 4 mg or 5 mg. I am also taking an SSRI for my anxiety condition. SSRI is not perfect. Some days are tough so I tough it out by not taking a Valium. If you don't abuse it, you can take it for life."

Be Strong July 8, 2016

For Anxiety: "I was prescribed to take Bromazepam, and the only thing i can say about it is that it made my head really confused. I felt drowsiness and sometimes even nausea. It affected my concentration and memory capabilities, which was really bad since i am a student. Valium, however, made me lessen my anxiety so much. The only "side effect" is that it makes you sleepy and it does kinda affect your memory abilities throughout the day. I use 5mg of Valium whenever i need it."

NickX (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 4, 2016

Valium (diazepam) for Light Anesthesia: "My husband was given one valium (I don't know dosage ... family never knows much) prior to IVC removal. As soon as procedure was complete he was very weak and short of breath and continues to be. He feels terrible and cannot walk more than 5-6 feet. He is epileptic and the doctor knows this. From what I now understand valium shouldn't be given to seizure patients, and increased shortness of breath is a side effect. I hope we never have to go through another experience like this. At least, we know to refuse valium from now on."

Anonymous June 28, 2016

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "I've tried all the benzos to treat my panic attacks, and this one I chose to settle on. It's the most mild on my system. The effects are subtle, but they successfully address the anxiety without making me too tired. I try not too take more than 2 10mg pills per week. I also take 200mg Lamictal and 20mg Prozac, which lessened the instances of panic."

bobby1977 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 17, 2016

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: "This is ny preferred muscle relaxer when I deal with sciatica flare ups. Was prescribed flexiril once and it did nothing for me in 4 days. Asked the doctor to switch me to this and she gave me a 6 day predisone pack and halfway through 6 days of that and the valium and I am starting to feel way better."

Shughart (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2016

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "I have a very positive experience with Valium. I'm taking it 8 years now, only as needed. This medication allows my to relax and socialize. But..."God over everything" is my motto."

Sweeteamint (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 13, 2016

For Anxiety: "I had have valium for 4 years for anxiety and panic attacks. It works in the beginning but the last 2 years had been a hard struggle with witdrawal symptoms and it is a drug that is really powerful and will make u addicted to it. It is so hard to stop with valium and the taper had take almost 2 years!!! I have 40 mg in the beginning and is now on 11,25 mg. Will continue ten mor weeks. Thw w/d is the worst thing I ever felt. It makes me so sick. And I dont wish my worst enemy this. Never start with a benzo if u dont want to destroy your life fpr ever. In Sweden the smallest amount is 2,5 mg, we dont have fluid so I made my own titration. Valium had stole 2 years of my life ..."

Made in Sweden (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 13, 2016

Valium (diazepam) for Meniere's Disease: "Valium worked. But can no longer afford the brand. So, I have to try the generic. Time will tell if it works. The brand cost at this time is $204. The cost for the generic is $30. Insurance will pay for the generic not Valium. The generic does not work the same."

Dizzy Dee May 16, 2016

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "My doctor will not prescribe medicine for my panic attacks. I have depression and when I have a panic attack have trouble breathing. Doctors will not prescribe valium for these attacks because he says they are addictive. This is crazy. I am not a drug addict and need something to help me thru these attacks. What to do. Maybe a little lead to the head would take care of these attacks."

Puttintain May 14, 2016

For Anxiety: "I suffer from panic attacks. They occur maybe twice a year. When I do have one it feels like a heart attack. I have tried Xanax and hated the way it made me feel. Valium, or diazepam is the only pill that when I am having a panic attack I take it with in minutes it calms me down and I snap right back to normal. I have no side effects, no drowsiness. This is because I take it for extreme emergencies when I truly need it. One time I did take it just to fall asleep and I did hallucinate and made me feel drowsy. I never did that again. This pill works for panic attacks. Though mine a rare I would recommend it to anyone who suffers from them. They are not addicting if you take them the right way."

Stay at home mom (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2016

For Anxiety: "I have taken this for many years 5mg x 3 a day. My nerves will take over without it and my new doctor wants me to quit taking them. Why when a medicine works for you does a new doctor want to undermine the other doctor it seems and change everything. I am 58 and I think I know how my body reacts to medications a bit better than someone that has seen me in an office for 10 minutes. They don't listen. Is there doctors still out there that see some people need Valium to be able to function in life and their jobs. I have worked all my life and contributed to society yet to be treated like a drug addict when going in to the doctors office. Does anyone have any helpful advise on how to choose a doctor that understands? Thanks"

TJZZZ April 24, 2016