User Reviews for Diazepam systemic

Tetanus

1 review 18 medications
Summary of Diazepam reviews 8.6 506 reviews

Reviews for Diazepam

For Anxiety: "I have been on diazepam for 15 years and I am now going through hell. I'm on 14 mg a day and they are killing me slowly, making my anxiety million times worse and I have irritable aggressive moods, shaking, chest pains, vomiting, numb, restless feet, the most painful experience of my life. I am going insane. DO NOT TOUCH THESE DRUGS"

Tinkerbella (taken for 10 years or more) January 15, 2019

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "only medicine that works for my anxiety"

pattiecakes (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 14, 2019

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "I wanted to reduce my daily drinking so I decided to swap out the alcohol with diazepam every other day. I need something at night to calm me down and drinking every day was a bad idea. So every other day I don't drink and instead take 5 mg diazepam. I'm able to fall asleep and don't miss the booze on the days I take it. Too much of anything is a bad thing and this way I spread my risk."

calmest (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 11, 2019

For Muscle Spasm: "Iv'e had to take a diazepam for muscle spasms, I don't take them continuously, it's the only meds that relax my body, I only get prescribed 14 tablets on the prescription when I need them, but the last time I was prescribed them was about 4 months ago, my doctor was the one who suggested this, but when I apply for them again, they are very reluctant to give me them, I'm not addicted to them what so ever, I only take them when I have muscle spasm and I'm very reluctant to take one, I feel like my doctor forgets what happens to my body x"

Missy (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 3, 2019

For Temporomandibular Joint Disorder: "12/21/18: I am the lucky winner of Sjögren's Disease, TMJ/grinding, TRIGEMINAL NEURALGIA, & 2 whiplash injuries. I'm also an RN, BS - medically retired (aka - disabled). Most people don't know that Valium is a multipurpose drug & that is also a MUSCLE RELAXER. I have been on Valium PRN since ...1982 ....for my first whiplash & then my second in 1991. In the 80s I developed TMJ & Valium helped immensely w/relieving that pain. In the 90s I developed TN & Valium also helped w/that agony. As of 1998, I have been on a Palliative Care Regimen (PCR) of round the clock Morphine for Systemic, End Stage, Refractory IC. For me, both Valium & Morphine have also helped reduce my TN & TMJ pain. For me, NEITHER drug makes me sleepy, groggy or "high." Sadly, due the "opioid crisis" fabricated by The CDC in 2016, more & more drs are refusing to Rx opiates & benzodiazepines. My quality of life is poor, at best, & without both of these meds, you will find me fully bedridden & in the fetal position."

Laura December 21, 2018

For Anxiety: "I have been on many of the well known psych meds. Nothing seemed to work until I got some relief from Ativan but when it wore off the anxiety would return so in search of a long lasting solution my doctor put me on 10 mg of Valium three times a day. I feel much better. Not 100%,I'm still trying to get there but I've been on this dose for about two years and the only time I am anxious seems to be in the morning and a little here and there throughout the day. All my anxiety problems started back when I was 15 and had a panic attack smoking marijuana. Now I'm 51 and have had some very good years. The last big panic really hit me when my Grandmother died. She was the one who mostly raised me. She was the safe place."

Still Learning (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 17, 2018

For Anxiety: "This medication has made my life possible. Why oh why do GP’s have an issue with it ? Have tried SSRI’s and Propanolol; neither do anything to make me function as ‘me’. This isn’t a dialogue oriented site, but, if something is making one’s life great, why oh why do old fashioned GP’s try to change medication? Why treat me like a criminal?"

JohnTPH123 December 16, 2018

For Anxiety: "I've been diagnosed with anxiety and been prescribed with Diazepam (Valium) 5mg to be taken twice daily. So far I took them right before bed. The morning after I can certainly say I do feel the symptoms have subsided and I do feel a little better. My Dr. said it's still building up but I can spread out the doses 10am 5mg and then 10pm 5mg."

razzoozi (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "I get diazepam prescribed regularly by my Primary Physician for my chronic back pain and muscle spasms and it has been very effective, also helps me sleep better as it’s been difficult to sleep with the pain"

Luke (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 29, 2018

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "My psychiatrist prescribed this for me reluctantly when I demanded some relief from horrible anxiety. I did not abuse it, and he monitored my intake. In the first few years I averaged 10mg per week. I went through a horrible personal tragedy and upped the dose, with psychiatrists' full knowledge. The tragedy lasted 3 years, and I quit valium cold-turkey. I stayed in bed 8 months, and learned the meaning of the phrase "pray without ceasing." Literally. For those who need some kind of timeline, I speak from experience that withdrawal eased up after 8 months. God willing, I will never touch benzos again. Short-term for some patients they offer some benefits. Short term ONLY."

SufferingSuccotash (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 27, 2018

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: "Last week I went to the emergency room with my neck completely frozen and a blinding headache. After 72 hours of trying heating pads & everything from Advil to Flexeril to Vicodin with NO effect, I was convinced it had to be meningitis. My BP (normally a chill 120/70) was 145/92, so when the doc said 'I'm not trying to minimize what you're going thru, but you've just got a stiff neck; I'm giving you valium', I was furious. Well, my apologies to the ER doc, because so far it has worked like a charm--only 4 days and I've got 80% of my mobility back, and the remaining pain is manageable with Advil. I always thought Valium was only an anti-anxiety drug, but I'm happy to have been mistaken. I'd highly recommend this as short-term treatment for muscle spasm; Flexeril had always been my go-to, but if for some reason it's ineffective on your spinal pain, Valium is great. However, I can't WAIT to get off it: I feel it's really impaired my mental acuity."

Missey D (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2018

For Anxiety: "I began treatment for anxiety at the age of 16years old. Now 7 years on and I have used a variety of different medications to try to relieve symptoms. My list includes: sertraline at dosages 50mg and 100mg (1x daily); citalopram at dosages 10, 20 and 40mg (1xdaily); diazepam (Valium) dosage at 2mg (3xdaily); zopiclone (sleeping aid) 3.75mg (1xdaily) and propranolol (beta blocker) 40mg (3xdaily). At the moment I am taking a combination of sertraline (100mg), diazepam and zopiclone and this JUST keeps things under control. I am often tired throughout the day and suffer from sleep paralysis at night or in the morning. The only notable side effects that impact my life day to day are a reduced libido and headaches. I also see or speak to my psychologist and my psychiatrist weekly who help manage my medication and emotions while providing self help techniques and support."

zocam (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 16, 2018

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "Let me start off with thanking valium for helping me to get onto an airplane after years of fear! I got on that plane like I owned it lol... got into Mexico and was still calm as a clam on the taxi ride to the hotel. OK but now my anxiety has come back to me lately and I've felt the need to take 5mg of valium almost every other day...I'm a changed person on it... I have no fears, it helps me save the world... it brings my appetite back to the point I want to order everything off the menu... I'm more calm with my children I'm happy and playful. I do also see a counsellor once a week and I am aware of the unfortunate withdraws valium could possibly have."

Msmoni (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 5, 2018

For Seizures: "I have had a seizure disorder since early childhood. I find diazepam with Keppra helps control my tonic clonic seizures."

bestpup (taken for 10 years or more) November 5, 2018

For Meniere's Disease: "My husband has Menieres ...he was having episodes every three days ...totally debilitating. Our Dr ordered beta-histine-HCL...4 mg 3 x day. He went 6 mos without an episode. Then he weaned himself off, and took none for a month - he is back to having episodes. Now, he’s convinced that he needs to take the Beta- histine if he wants to live a normal life. Beta histone can be compounded if you find a pharmacy that will do that with a Drs prescription. The first several Drs he saw weren’t willing to do that, so you have to keep searching to find a Dr to work with you."

Tuna (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 30, 2018

For Anxiety: "These where the only thing to even touch my my severe anxiety and depression, I took 20mg a day which I believe is the highest dose a doctor would recommend? Which I needed. But anyways fast forward roughly a year later and before I can get more I notice how awful I start to feel, then I realised I'd become dependant on them. So I took it up with my doctor who refused to help and an addiction clinic who said because of the dosage and length of time I'd being taking them I needed to go to the hospital (but I didn't want to let anyone know how bad I was) and basically the next 6 weeks where hands down the hardest time of my life and I genuinely thought I was going to die at times but I stuck at it and finally 8 months later I'm able to function semi normally. With only an occasion relapse when the PAWS (Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome) act up. My advice? Be careful and do exactly what your doctor says. A year of mental stability was in no way worth the 6 weeks of torture"

Swim (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 29, 2018

For Anxiety: "I’ve been using Valium prn for 15 years, since going through an acrimonious divorce and custody battle, and raising two boys on my own who both have psychiatric / emotional illnessess. Diazepam has literally been a lifesaver for me. I have what my doctor termed as ‘severe and persistent anxiety’. I never had any problems with cognitive function or tolerance until the last few years when relentless circumstances caused me to increase my doses and then started getting symptoms of tolerance withdrawal. I’m currently stable on 10mg and will be tapering next year when my son finishes school. I’m not looking to stop completely, just wanting to return to my as needed dose as I have a far better quality of life when I can use them as a tool to quell my anxiety and make non-reactivate decisions when I’m under stress. I would give them a ten if not for the tolerance, but this can be mitigated by responsible use."

Yoga girl October 27, 2018

For Anxiety: "I am in mid 70's. Fortunate to have had means for psych therapy over most of my adult life, off and on. clinical anxious depression, extreme losses in earliest years. I found immense help from Senequan (doxipen) in the mid 80's. Valium was 5mg no more than 3-4times weekly. Those meds gave me a life. I am now on 20 mg Lexapro nightly 10 mg doxipen, and 2.5 mg Valium no more than occasionally. A life saver when used sparingly. I've not had any negatives in decades of careful use."

Polly (taken for 10 years or more) October 26, 2018

For Anxiety: "Took this for maybe 7 years for panic. Daily usage, average of 15mg per day. My life is ruined now. I was cut of it too fast and went into acute withdrawal, trust me you do not want to know how it feels. I thought it was so safe and innocent. I was already so panicky and agoraphobic. Now I'm in a constant spasm, feel exhausted and am losing my memory. Brain is worn out. I'm only 32. It's made my psychosis terrifying and I'm scared I'm dying every day. It is incessant and I could not cope without my dad. At first I noticed text moving around and a sensation that my brain was squeezing, then it was like I was falling into darkness in my mind and couldn't hold on. I fought and fought but I think I was just blacking out. Its not just sleeping, you are fighting for your life. I became so psychotic and scared I tried ending my life. Unless it is occasional, light use I'd stay well away from benzos. You don't notice you are slowly losing your mind over time. Its not worth gambling with."

Holly October 23, 2018

For Anxiety: "I was originally given diazepam for migraines. I have been on it, then off and on it for ten years. This past May I was taken off very abruptly. I had no withdrawals whatsoever! It worked for my panic attacks, migraines and muscle spasms. I was taken off of them because the drs. are too scared to give them to patients that actually benefit from them. The best medicine ever, now I have to take four different meds that still do not work!"

raven (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 22, 2018

For Anxiety: "I've been on benzos for 15 years. And for 15 years I was miserable. Taking a benzo for a short time is ok but I got addicted to them and was in and out of the hospital 7 times in those 15 years because of them. I'm completely off all benzos, diazepam being the last one I took and I feel fantastic. I can go to sleep on my own and I have no anxiety or desire to take anymore. If you really need them they're good for a short time but confronting what's making you anxious and seeing a therapist is the best option. I take buspar once in awhile for any panic I might have and that works great. But please think about how your going to feel in the long term before getting on any benzo."

Reedusluver (taken for 10 years or more) October 17, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "Perfect muscle relaxer for my pinched nerve and fibromyalgia. I would like to take it on a regular basis because it helps tremendous with the fibro and muscle spasms."

SleeplessinPittsburgh (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2018

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: "It is the only thing that works for me when my back flares up and still allows me to function mentally so I can work. I’ve taken it off and on as needed during flare ups for years with no side effects or withdrawal when I discontinue. I don’t leave home without it just in case!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 4, 2018

For Anxiety: "Dose low 2mg 3 x day."

Nick Naminton the turd October 4, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "Interesting finds about this drug. I was prescribed Valium 5mg for some muscle spasms in the shoulders and neck. E/R doc prescribed me Valium to my surprise after my post car accident exam. I only took a couple for a few days after the accident to help relax the muscles. Also I had read about Valium being used for anxiety studies in the UK for fear of heights issues. Sure enough, it helped me and took the edge of my fear of the edge. I still felt cautious but didn't have jelly legs like usual. What a godsend! One thing also I'm finding out is, it makes me less hostile and more calm. I have a problem getting mad so easily and flying off the handle the older I get. The valium works pretty well at chilling me out and lifting my spirits. Sometimes it makes me sleepy and sometimes not. Overall have nothing but good things to say personally about this drug. No noticable side effects to speak of with my sparingly minimal usage."

hottotrot September 27, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...