User Reviews for Diazepam

Also known as: Valium, Diastat, Diastat AcuDial, Diazepam Intensol, Diastat Pediatric

ICU Agitation

1 review 18 medications
Summary of Diazepam reviews 8.7 539 reviews

Reviews for Diazepam

Heny man · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 19, 2019

For Anxiety: "I use Valium for general anxiety and times when I get upset or depressed it works very within 20-30 min effects become apparent. It makes me blissful and calm for 7 hours or more residual effects can last up 12 hr or more. Less is more with thus medicine only use in tines of stress avoid constant daily use with long breaks in between use 3-4 days sometimes weeks without and it is very useful when used carefully."

Nick July 18, 2019

For Anxiety: "Good for sleep"

Jay · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 18, 2019

For Anxiety: "They are really good for calming me down, I don’t take them everyday, just when I feel really bad anxiety, they are good at that, but on the days I don’t take them my anxiety seems worse, but I refuse to take them unless I really do need them, helps with pain I get in my feet and lower back, helps with the spasms, I can’t rate this drug high enough, although I imagine when I don't take them I feel lousy"

Seven · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 24, 2019

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "Excellent drug, just make sure to use it as prescribed. It is good for anxiety and also very helpful with muscle and lower back issues (slipped discs). Long term use will need a slow taper for some people as this chemical is a GABAergic and all drugs in this class should be tapered. I have used long term with no ill effects or issues."

Growler · Taken for 10 years or more June 22, 2019

For Anxiety: "I was taking these with a prescription from my doctor for many years then they decided to take me off them by cutting them down. I suffered from lack of concentration no interests in life no get up and go and severe depression ended up hitting the drink then my hangovers seem to be a lot worse than the usual"

Feeling better! June 21, 2019

Valium (diazepam) for Meniere's Disease: "I have severe tinnitus. Extremely loud ringing/clanging 24/7, exacerbated by allergies and sinus infections. My doctor gave me 2 mg valium yesterday to help with the ringing and it is the first time in so long that I can't recall, that the ringing has subsided almost all the way. It had progressed to the point that nausea and vertigo was constant and blood pressure was seriously elevated. Has helped more than I can express. Relief at last after years of this.."

Gox · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 14, 2019

For Muscle Spasm: "Valium seemed to relax the muscle"

gra-gra · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 24, 2019

For Anxiety: "Diazepam takes only20 minutes to help me relax from my anxiety problems"

BAH · Taken for less than 1 month May 24, 2019

Valium (diazepam) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "Was struggling with moderate to severe alcohol withdrawal symptoms, was prescribed Valium after a GP’s visit as I was sure that otherwise it would have been A&E. Cleared up 90% of the worst symptoms, some are still present but have been minimised. Was a life-saver for me as before I booked the appointment I considered more alcohol as I couldn’t handle the “fear”, weird heart rate and constant tremors. At its peak the symptoms and anxiety combined made me feel like I was going to die."

Truth · Taken for 10 years or more May 19, 2019

For Muscle Spasm: "I suffer from 14 ruptured discs & numerous Pinched Nerves in my Cervical, Lumbar, & Thoracic Spine; Mylofascial Syndrome; Radiculopathy; Sacroiliitis; Sciatica; Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis; & Severe Migraines. I have been on & off Valium, Diazepam, NSAIDS (gave me 2 ulcers), Neurotin, Gabapentin, Zanaflex etc. Nothing except for Valium or its generic Diazepam has ever helped as much for my severe Muscle Spasms & nerve pain! I have taken myself on & off Valium/Diazepam several times just to ensure the medication was helping or needed. I have never been addicted to or asked to increase my prescribed dosage of Valium/Diazepam. This medication kept me working over 10 years longer than I could with out it. And provides a Quality of Life I couldn’t have w/o it. Medications such as benzodiazepines & opiates are safe when used as prescribed!"

Alfajor · Taken for less than 1 month May 15, 2019

For Meniere's Disease: "I was diagnosed with Ménière’s disease because two episodes of vertigo lasting less than a minute or two, tinnitus and earring loss. 2 episodes in 6 years, things went worst and I had an attack of vertigo lasting 1 second or two every day a few moths ago. Then I went to a head and neck maxilo facial surgeon, he discovered an issue with my left jaw condyle and prescribed Robaxacet 2 pills ( breakfast and lunch time and 5mg of Valium before sleep. 15 day treatment) It worked like a charm. When the treatment finished the symptoms returned. I took the medication again and I'm feeling better. Now I don’t have any vertigo, the tinnitus almost disappeared and the earring improved. I’m waiting for an arthroscopy of the TMJ. Hope it helps"

Americanaquilter · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 8, 2019

For Meniere's Disease: "Since I can’t take NSAIDs and Tylenol doesn’t work, I take 10 mg Valium to stop the pressure headaches that are a result from storms or salt intake. My Meneire’s migraines stopped after I experienced an indirect lightening strike."

Wezzo May 4, 2019

For Muscle Spasm: "I experienced a huge muscle spasm at work and it crippled me for days, tried various strong anti inflammatories and pain relievers to no avail. Only used a half tablet (diazepam) for 3 nights which relaxed the muscle and 100% cured the issue. Maybe not for every scenario but worked wonders for me."

Lakalak April 28, 2019

For Anxiety: "I suffer from generalised anxiety disorder. I was prescribed Valium after attending the emergency department for a panic attack. I take Valium when I feel my anxiety creeping up on me (when my heart rate increases and I have that awful feeling of anxiety in my chest) and when I become overwhelmed to stop a panic attack occurring. I take 2.5mg and find this a great dose for me. I feel calm about 30 minutes after taking it and am able to relax for quite a few hours (if only this feeling came naturally!). Overall, I find Valium very effective. However, I can see why people become addicted. You really do get a sense of calm from Valium. If you can be responsible with it and not abuse the drug then I highly recommend it for those instances where you just need something to calm you down. Also, I have never had any side effects."

DAVSY659 · Taken for less than 1 month April 26, 2019

For Anxiety: "Just been diagnosed with breast cancer, I suffer with depression and anxiety occasionally and I could not cope, tried sleeping tablets but needed something to calm me down instantly, started with 2mg then went to 4mg 3 times a day what a life saver made such a difference"

Bill · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 24, 2019

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "I've been of valium for 6 months and I just stopped and I'm left panicking "

John · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 23, 2019

For Anxiety: "I was first given Diazepam during a crisis in hospital when I wanted to end my life because of severe anxiety and agitation caused by traumatic early life experiences. They gave me 10mg & it made me so relaxed that the shaking & sweating stopped & I fell asleep really easily, it was like pouring water on a fire. I now take it on as needed basis because it does build up in the body so often I still feel it working 24 hours after my last dosage. I've not noticed any bad withdrawal by doing this."

Bogmonster · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 23, 2019

For Anxiety: "Diazepam is a useful medication for me. I rarely use it but when I do feel a bad bout of anxiety coming on it can be enough to give me some breathing space and to get things under control again. I treat Diazepam as an 'emergency' medication to be taken with care and moderation. It has helped me come off much more problematic medication. I would certainly recommend extreme caution with benzos though, and a practitioner that carefully monitors and controls how much medication you have access to is a good thing."

Peter245 · Taken for less than 1 month April 21, 2019

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I have Borderline personality disorder & OCD and this reduces my homicidal rages and tendency to break things. Also takes the edge of my OCD."

Toby · Taken for 10 years or more April 21, 2019

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: "I find that the generic form of Valium doesn’t work for me. I’m using it for muscle spasm in the pelvic floor, causing rectal pain. I get valium suppositories,10 mg made at a compounding pharmacy. This is very effective for Rectal Pain. Otherwise I use a Valium 5 mg pill. The name brand is very expensive $3.50 pill. It’s less expensive to use the 10 mg suppository & it works better for my pain."

Malone · Taken for 10 years or more April 20, 2019

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: "I've taken valium 10 mg. 2x daily for neck muscle spasms and headaches for 15 years now. This has been the most effective medication I have taken for my issue. The company I work for is now telling me that I can't take this anymore because it's on a new restricted list. Nothing else that I have taken works without having some sort of side effect."

Mike · Taken for 10 years or more April 5, 2019

For Seizure Prevention: "I have used diazepam medication for over 35 years. It has for me proven to be the most effective going!! I am so tired of this medication or something like it becoming harder to get thanks to our federal and local government!! Putting it the way the MD,s say along with the same way I feel our doc's take a oath "TO DO NO HARM" Well they tell me that it's sad that now they are required to be told by someone who may or may not have a high school diploma and they don't know medicine let alone every patient is different!! I am so tired of jumping through hoops just to get the medical treatment I desperately deserve!! I could go on and on but I don't know if just this'll do any good for you or myself."

Zombie · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 4, 2019

For Muscle Spasm: "I've been a chronic migraine sufferer for over 30 years I have been on a slew of medications injections hospitalizations MRIs over 40 different drugs for migraines and only valium/diazapam works for me yet I cannot ever get a prescription for it even after an ER visit from a migraine that has left me dilapidated for over 9 days in a row I can still only receive 3 Valium as if that will even help me. I need to find a way to get this regularly because my condition is chronic, it's physiology, I've been under a neurologist for a decade, it get over 60 injections in my body every 3 months & it is not ever going to go away so long as there are pressure changes in our atmosphere I will be in chronic pain and this is the only thing that helps, any suggestions on how somebody can help me would be so appreciated. I'm in Denver CO & no, marajuana doesn't really help."

Sarge · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 2, 2019

For Muscle Spasm: "Best muscle relaxer I’ve tried, and I have tried them all (zanaflex, soma, skelaxin, robaxin, flexeril and on and on) this releases the spasms in my neck and shoulders due to bulged discs. I only use it as needed and have never had dependency or withdrawal issues. When used as directed I don’t believe there is a better one available."

Teah · Taken for less than 1 month March 16, 2019

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "Hi I have bad anxiety daily it has worsened since I stopped taking codeine for pain caused by my tooth. Now I have panic attacks daily. My mind feels dazed and I zone out. I am on on Valium and it calms me down but last night I had a attack and I couldn't calm down my body was calm but my mind was still freaking out thinking I am going to go insane has anyone else felt this"

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)