User Reviews for Diazepam

Also known as: Diastat, Diastat AcuDial, Diastat Pediatric, Diazepam Intensol, Dizac, Valium, Valrelease, Zetran

ICU Agitation

Tetanus

1 review 18 medications
Summary of Diazepam reviews 8.6 484 reviews

Reviews for Diazepam

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: "It is the only thing that works for me when my back flares up and still allows me to function mentally so I can work. I’ve taken it off and on as needed during flare ups for years with no side effects or withdrawal when I discontinue. I don’t leave home without it just in case!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 4, 2018

For Anxiety: "Dose low 2mg 3 x day."

Nick Naminton the turd October 4, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "Interesting finds about this drug. I was prescribed Valium 5mg for some muscle spasms in the shoulders and neck. E/R doc prescribed me Valium to my surprise after my post car accident exam. I only took a couple for a few days after the accident to help relax the muscles. Also I had read about Valium being used for anxiety studies in the UK for fear of heights issues. Sure enough, it helped me and took the edge of my fear of the edge. I still felt cautious but didn't have jelly legs like usual. What a godsend! One thing also I'm finding out is, it makes me less hostile and more calm. I have a problem getting mad so easily and flying off the handle the older I get. The valium works pretty well at chilling me out and lifting my spirits. Sometimes it makes me sleepy and sometimes not. Overall have nothing but good things to say personally about this drug. No noticable side effects to speak of with my sparingly minimal usage."

hottotrot September 27, 2018

For Anxiety: "I was put on this medication for Ménière’s disease in March 2013 I am up to 30 mg a day and it helps my Ménière’s but is never helped my anxiety. It has made my anxiety worse to the point I have panic attacks and refuse to leave home. Doctor gave it to because it helps with my Ménière’s but for some reason it doesn’t make me tired it doesn’t do anything but help me keep my balance"

AJ (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 24, 2018

For Meniere's Disease: "My wife suffered from meniere's for years until a new ENT dr. suggested BETAHISTINE, which worked like a charm. It is not approved by the FDA. I get it from Europe through a Canadian pharmacy. She takes three - 8mg tablets a day. The cost is reasonable and there have been no interactions with her other meds. Please try it - Good Luck!"

Danny (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 17, 2018

Valium (diazepam) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "This medication reduced my withdrawal symptoms significantly, Although I still had some anxiety. Valium reduced tremors, sweating, insomnia and agitation."

SJH (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "This is the only med that works when my neck and shoulders go into spasm, which happens about 4 times a year. Pain is so bad, can't turn my head, lifting my head to adjust position in bed at night is like torture. I take 5mg per night for up to 3 nights in a row, though often I get enough release and freedom of movement after 2 days to start physio exercises and that's all I need. This is a great medicine if used sparingly and sporadically. Before I was prescribed this, my spasms would just worsen til I got my neck cricked. Then it would take me 15 minutes in excruciating agony just to get out of bed. No way could go to work or function. Could barely move because of debilitating pain. Prescription anti-inflammatories don't work, or if they do, progress is so slow that the condition may just be resolving on its own in 7 - 14 days."

Flea August 25, 2018

For Anxiety: "My psychiatrist prescribed Valium 5 mg 3x a day for anxiety. I didn’t tell him I had anxiety he told me I did! I had said it was depression. I never really felt anxious but took it thinking he must know what he’s doing. Well that was the beginning of the worse experience I’ve ever had. I took it as directed & within a week I started having horrible anxiety! Never did I ever have this feeling before. It was sheer panic & extreme agitation. It was especially bad between doses but even when taken it did little to stop it. I literally was in hell. How could Valium cause me severe anxiety?? Well I learned it was a paradoxical reaction. My Dr brushed it off & I ended up in patient at a hospital for 2 weeks! They gave me muscle relaxers & neurontin to try to calm me down. Then they gave me seroquel which made me a virtual zombie. These meds starting with the careless actions of a so called Dr destroyed my life for months & put me & my husband through hell."

Diane (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2018

For Meniere's Disease: "I suffered with the worst vertigo for a couple yrs till the dr gave me valium. It worked wonders I was fine as long as I took three 5 mg tablets every day. In the process of switching Dr I went without all my prescriptions for 2 months. I've been taking atarax for my allergies for 17 years which happens to be the same 17 yrs I've had meniere's. I'm 98% convinced my meniere's is allergy medicine induced. If I'm wrong I will HAVE to find a dr to prescribe valium."

Dissydude (taken for 10 years or more) August 22, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "For anyone saying this medication is so evil, hidden withdrawal symptoms that doctors don't tell you about, etc, please don't listen to that nonsense. I've been off and on valium for 5 years and and sure, drug tapers are never fun but the key is to taper low and slow and I PROMISE you'll be just fine. Never go off any drug cold-turkey, that's straight foolish. Valium works wonderfully for muscle spasms and anxiety, and I've taken anywhere from 2mg to 8mg depending on what's going on in my life and continue to do so. Don't let the negative reviews scare you, I have managed to go down slowly without too much trouble"

HMB (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 17, 2018

For Anxiety: "I have a phobia about going in for surgery. I have panic attacks thinking even when my husband goes in for his surgery . I have walked out of the operating room before. I've told doctors many times that I've needed something and they gave me a low dose of Xanax which just wasn't strong enough and I had bad experiences going in for my surgeries. This one doctor gave me diazepam 5mg told me I could take one to two the day before and the morning of my surgery - so thankful for this doctor giving this to me because it helped me and I wasn't so nerved up. I definitely recommend diazepam it calmed my nerves down a lot"

All nerves (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "I was prescribed diazepam 2mg in combination with Tylenol#4. The day I started it my chronic disabling pain was reduced. FYI I had been taking tylenol#4 for 2 years before starting the 2mg diazepam. WOW. Diazepam made it to where I could function more AND take less of my other medications. It helped with a number of symptoms- headache, migraine, joint pain, weakness etc. At no point did i feel the need for a higher dose or quantity. At my latest doctors appointment, they took away the diazepam according to FDA guidlines. I can no longer function and require home help. Now 2mg diazepam has been replaced with 1800mg of other medications. I now suffer multiple side effects on top of my daily pain of 8/10. With the diazepam and tylenol#4 my pain was 5/10 with the occasional breakthrough pain. I am so scared for my future as a disabled youth."

Ouchy (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 16, 2018

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "I have been taking it sparingly for years, just 1 (max. 2) mg to send me asleep when stressed out and anxious, nowadays, with horrible tinnitus. The longest I took it was 6 days on the trot for extreme anxiety. It helps to calm down my stomach, the life-sapping stress response in the body. Then, I have a big break, try to use some of the CBT techniques I learned, then again, when it gets too much. It saved my ass many times. In the meantime drink herbal teas (Melissa, nettle, Valerian) and try to exercise (walking, cycling) and eat healthy foods (lots of vegetables, fruit in moderation and organic meats, nuts, seeds, unpasteurized cheese, etc.). I am so pleased that it is helping other people. There are times when you just cannot do it on your own. It can be hard but I hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel."

XX (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 15, 2018

For Anxiety: "I have GAD and depression ! Having surgery and pre-op tests. Blood, EKG and Dr exam. I’m so nervous can I take Valium before I go even with EKG"

Debbie (taken for 10 years or more) August 13, 2018

Valium (diazepam) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "Diazepam got me off my addiction of Xanax (9 years) and it also calms alcohol withdrawal effects."

Franklin77 August 11, 2018

For Anxiety: "totally makes me feel so relaxed and I end up falling asleep"

J August 8, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "I’ve been taken diazepam for 6 years 10ml. I wish I never put it in my mouth. 6 years later I now wake up with the shakes, sometimes can’t sleep because I’m in so much pain in my lower back. I can’t focus when someone is trying to talk to me. I get the sweats bad but when I get the diazepam and take 80ml that will hold me from 9 in morning to around 3 in afternoon then will need another 80ml just to feel normal and be able to function I don’t now what else I can do ????"

AJ (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 3, 2018

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "Valium is the best benzo I've ever tried for anxiety and panic attacks. it blows ativan out of the water. Valium 5 to 10mg as needed is perfect."

SAm (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 30, 2018

For Anxiety: "I suffered from anxiety symptoms for years! I was having panic attacks daily! By the time my dr tested for everything & finally suggested I get screened for panic disorder: I was so bad that I had not lefty my bedroom for months! I was diagnosed w/panic disorder w/severe panic attacks and agoraphobia and depression! I started on fluoxetine and 10 mg of diazepam that I take at bedtime! I immediately felt better, was able to sleep for more than 2 hrs a night! It has been 2 years and I am still on fluoxetine, 10mg diazepam and I take clonazepam during the day when /if I have a panic attack! We have tried different cocktails of medicines but this seems to work the best for me! Every person is different: be patient & you will find the right mixtures of medicines that will help u control your anxiety! Hope this helps! good luck!"

fozzy (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 11, 2018

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "I was diagnosed with anxiety, depression, panic attacks & PTSD. This medicine has helped me tremendously. Only take 2mg as needed & haven’t had any addiction problems. Often times when I get so worked up my family members & doctors remind me to take Valium. I use it as a last resort only when I can’t calm myself down, so I am definitely not addicted. I only have to take it a few times a month. For me 2 mg can keep me calm for 2 To 3 days. It helped me go back to work and go out in public places. It has given me a part of my life back. It does not make me sleepy and I have not had any side effects. This is the best medication I have ever taken for my anxiety& my depression. It has helped me live life again."

TiredofAnxiety (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 12, 2018

For Anxiety: "Having been prescribed for anxiety, which is fairly effective, I recently tried 5mg of Valium for my period pain. I recently ceased the depo injections, which stopped my cramps and periods completely. The pain is debilitating, I’m curled up wanting to cut my uterus out with a knife! I added the Diazepam into the mix along with the standard ibuprofen and Codeine, which help but not completely. Within 15 minutes, I use the heat whilst waiting for everything else to kick in, I start to feel better and after half an hour am virtually pain free. I’ve read that going down on my hands and knees would help, as the uterus hangs and relaxes. I do this with the heat pack stuffed in my waistband and maybe this helps take the edge off so quickly. I look like a fool, lol, but when it’s bad, as we all know it can be, you’re willing to try anything."

katej1428 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 9, 2018

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I've just come out of hospital for an attempted suicide so my GP gave me 15 diazepam low dose tablets (2mg) to be safeguarded by my carer. During this time I haven't left my bed for anything other than the toilet however I still found myself becoming distressed and suicidal. My carer administers them to me 2 at a time to get me through the week til see my psychiatrist for a medication review. I've always been against meds and not been allowed them due to OD risk and the effects that put me at high risk of dangerous behaviour. However, I have found Diazepam to be my saviour this week. I only have two left and I feel sad about it. My GP doesn't want to give anymore as they're addictive and I trust his words entirely. The only unpleasant side effect was palpitations although they kept me stable when needed. Also, they have an adverse effect and keep me awake. I really recommend them if used properly during a crisis for BPD, but as a short term measure. I live in the UK so had this medication free of charge"

KtK (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "My sciatica was getting unbearable. Burning, crushing pain from the buttocks to the foot. I also suffer from anxiety. My new psychiatrist put me on valium rather than xanax, telling me that it would also help the sciatic nerve pain. She was absolutely right. Dramatic reduction in pain. Thank goodness there is still some intelligence in the medical field. Opiates are out of the question for me. Naproxen is all I'll take. I don’t need to be addicted to opiates on top of everything else I have going on."

JdH (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2018

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I must disagree. I found this medication interacted with my anxiety and I was experiencing very irrational episodes. I was also constantly depersonalised and it brought on hallucinations. I was under a lot of stress and only 16 yr old at the time trying to make a living and dealing with these new things I definitely wouldn't find myself trying it again for anything. The sleep dose stopped working after 1 short week"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2018

For Anxiety: "I first begain taking diazepam after a long, candid conversation with my general doctor. I had used alcohol for years to suppress my anxiety. I quit that by tapering on my own, but knew I had to address the core issue if I could remain off of it. The dr. was very open and prescribed me a light dose of 2mg diazepam to be taken 3 times a day as needed. The medication worked wonders. There were (and still are) days that I would not use any, and days were I would need 2 or 3. I made sure to use the drug very carefully. So my dr. gives me a script each time I see him, every 3-6 months, making sure that I make them last. Unfortunately, people do misuse diazepam and all that really does is make it sound like a dirty drug to those of us in which it does wonders! Btw, with my insurance, it costs me just over $4 per prescription."

DR (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 17, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...

Micromedex® Care Notes