User Reviews for Diazepam

Also known as: Diastat, Diastat AcuDial, Diastat Pediatric, Diazepam Intensol, Dizac, Valium, Valrelease, Zetran

ICU Agitation

Tetanus

1 review 18 medications
Summary of Diazepam reviews 8.6 467 reviews

Reviews for Diazepam

For Anxiety: "I suffered from anxiety symptoms for years! I was having panic attacks daily! By the time my dr tested for everything & finally suggested I get screened for panic disorder: I was so bad that I had not lefty my bedroom for months! I was diagnosed w/panic disorder w/severe panic attacks and agoraphobia and depression! I started on fluoxetine and 10 mg of diazepam that I take at bedtime! I immediately felt better, was able to sleep for more than 2 hrs a night! It has been 2 years and I am still on fluoxetine, 10mg diazepam and I take clonazepam during the day when /if I have a panic attack! We have tried different cocktails of medicines but this seems to work the best for me! Every person is different: be patient & you will find the right mixtures of medicines that will help u control your anxiety! Hope this helps! good luck!"

fozzy (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 11, 2018

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "I was diagnosed with anxiety, depression, panic attacks & PTSD. This medicine has helped me tremendously. Only take 2mg as needed & haven’t had any addiction problems. Often times when I get so worked up my family members & doctors remind me to take Valium. I use it as a last resort only when I can’t calm myself down, so I am definitely not addicted. I only have to take it a few times a month. For me 2 mg can keep me calm for 2 To 3 days. It helped me go back to work and go out in public places. It has given me a part of my life back. It does not make me sleepy and I have not had any side effects. This is the best medication I have ever taken for my anxiety& my depression. It has helped me live life again."

TiredofAnxiety (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 12, 2018

For Anxiety: "Having been prescribed for anxiety, which is fairly effective, I recently tried 5mg of Valium for my period pain. I recently ceased the depo injections, which stopped my cramps and periods completely. The pain is debilitating, I’m curled up wanting to cut my uterus out with a knife! I added the Diazepam into the mix along with the standard ibuprofen and Codeine, which help but not completely. Within 15 minutes, I use the heat whilst waiting for everything else to kick in, I start to feel better and after half an hour am virtually pain free. I’ve read that going down on my hands and knees would help, as the uterus hangs and relaxes. I do this with the heat pack stuffed in my waistband and maybe this helps take the edge off so quickly. I look like a fool, lol, but when it’s bad, as we all know it can be, you’re willing to try anything."

katej1428 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 9, 2018

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I've just come out of hospital for an attempted suicide so my GP gave me 15 diazepam low dose tablets (2mg) to be safeguarded by my carer. During this time I haven't left my bed for anything other than the toilet however I still found myself becoming distressed and suicidal. My carer administers them to me 2 at a time to get me through the week til see my psychiatrist for a medication review. I've always been against meds and not been allowed them due to OD risk and the effects that put me at high risk of dangerous behaviour. However, I have found Diazepam to be my saviour this week. I only have two left and I feel sad about it. My GP doesn't want to give anymore as they're addictive and I trust his words entirely. The only unpleasant side effect was palpitations although they kept me stable when needed. Also, they have an adverse effect and keep me awake. I really recommend them if used properly during a crisis for BPD, but as a short term measure. I live in the UK so had this medication free of charge"

KtK (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "My sciatica was getting unbearable. Burning, crushing pain from the buttocks to the foot. I also suffer from anxiety. My new psychiatrist put me on valium rather than xanax, telling me that it would also help the sciatic nerve pain. She was absolutely right. Dramatic reduction in pain. Thank goodness there is still some intelligence in the medical field. Opiates are out of the question for me. Naproxen is all I'll take. I don’t need to be addicted to opiates on top of everything else I have going on."

JdH (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2018

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I must disagree. I found this medication interacted with my anxiety and I was experiencing very irrational episodes. I was also constantly depersonalised and it brought on hallucinations. I was under a lot of stress and only 16 yr old at the time trying to make a living and dealing with these new things I definitely wouldn't find myself trying it again for anything. The sleep dose stopped working after 1 short week"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2018

For Anxiety: "I first begain taking diazepam after a long, candid conversation with my general doctor. I had used alcohol for years to suppress my anxiety. I quit that by tapering on my own, but knew I had to address the core issue if I could remain off of it. The dr. was very open and prescribed me a light dose of 2mg diazepam to be taken 3 times a day as needed. The medication worked wonders. There were (and still are) days that I would not use any, and days were I would need 2 or 3. I made sure to use the drug very carefully. So my dr. gives me a script each time I see him, every 3-6 months, making sure that I make them last. Unfortunately, people do misuse diazepam and all that really does is make it sound like a dirty drug to those of us in which it does wonders! Btw, with my insurance, it costs me just over $4 per prescription."

DR (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 17, 2018

Valium (diazepam) for Light Sedation: "Was prescribed Valium 2mg to increase sleep quality as I was sleeping with my fists clenched and clenching my jaw. It seemed to put me to sleep but I noticed that I would still wake up a number of times through the night and worse; I was so irritable and angry the next day that everything frustrated me. Only took it for 2 nights. Dr felt that an increased dose would only worsen the symptoms the next day."

bpd789 (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2018

For Meniere's Disease: "I was diagnosed with vertigo 17 years ago. It was not as bad as it has been the past 6 years. It would come and go several times a year. Now the past 5 years it had been really bad. I couldn't even leave the house for work until the sun came up. So bad it makes you feel that there are serious problems in your life. If I turn the lights off I would hit the floor. I started taken valium about 5 years ago. It is the only thing that helps. I take 5 mg once a week sometimes twice. This had changed my life a lot. It is still bad at times but manageable with valium. Now all the doctors makes you feel you have done something wrong just to get a prescription. I'm 62 years old. And do not know what I would do if I can get a prescription."

Bill (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 16, 2018

For Not Listed / Other: "I've been taking Diazepam 2mg for my vertigo and has been a magical cure. I had been suffering from vertigo since I was a child."

Cubana (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 15, 2018

For Not Listed / Other: "I was a long term user of Valium/diazepam for over a decade, it was inappropriately prescribed to me. While on it I developed many different sorts of issues one on top of the other. Through the years, issues ranged from suicidal ideation, extreme depression, bladder and bowel issues, to MS / Parkinson's type symptoms that kept me many years disabled confined to a bed. I found out these were side effects along with tolerance withdrawal. This drug has truly been a nightmare!"

OMG (taken for 10 years or more) May 1, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Had to go to an inpatient hospital stay because of alcohol withdrawal syndrome. after 10 days of treatment, coupled with vitamin B-complex for repairing the damage alcoholism caused, I was released completely 'cured'; no shakes, no sweating, and I was thinking more clearly. It was as effective as an antiviral medicine for a Flu. A problem might be with taking the medication properly. Because I was inpatient I didn't have to worry about dosing, remembering when to take it etc. Treatment for alcohol withdrawal syndrome has to be with help of someone other, because a patient is very disoriented and confused."

R. M. (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2018

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "15 years ago my mother gave me a Kolonopin to help me out on my first plane ride and the euphoria of freedom from anxiety was instantly addicting. I soon got my own RX and over the years I was up to 4mg a day and my anxiety wasn’t improving. A very incredible psychiatrist told me it was now just harming me and my tolerance was far too high and he amazingly got me off Kolonopin to taper with Valium because of the longer half-life. I’m now down to 12mg a day (from the converted 60!) and it’s been hell. I’ve never been so anxious and depressed. Though this is SADLY normal with tapering. I’m working with therapists and trying to keep on a schedule of exercise and deep breathing but I fear I’ll never be able to break free from these terrible drugs that are killing me. (I also lost 80 lbs and my BMI is under 17 after the taper.) While I hate all benzos for what they’ve done to me, Valium is definitely the lesser of all the evils."

IHateYouTooAnxiety (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 16, 2018

For Anxiety: "Shame doctors don't use it for temporary help. Good stuff when not abused which I did do when I was younger. Used in moderation and works wonders"

Db (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2018

Diastat Pediatric (diazepam) for Light Sedation: "I am a first aider and its great for patients"

Anonymous March 23, 2018

Valium (diazepam) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "Valium has been a God-send for my benzodiazepine taper. On it a Month now as of March 22,2018. It is very relaxing and mild now but at first it was very sedating for the first 5 days. I take 10mg 2x's a day. I am being tapered off of Klonopin after 12 years on that drug. K-pin is HELL to get off of alone. Glad my psych doc is open minded and dropped the k-pin immediately and switched me to Valium, after I told him about the Ashton Taper Method, and that I wanted off the Klonopin because it was giving me bad withdrawals if I missed a dose. If you are serious about getting off of benzos I URGE you to google the Ashton Taper Method."

StayHopeful (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2018

For Seizure Prevention: "I have had crippling seizures my whole life! They have stuck with me and been a curse as they happen at random I will become dizzy fall to the floor and start convulsing uncontrollably. Sometimes they have precursors like my body starts to twitch and shake and I get dizzy. I know to lay down at this point and to take my medication. Throughout my 30 years of going through this Valium has been the only medication that has ever prevented the seizures and kept my seizures at bay"

RJ (taken for 10 years or more) March 20, 2018

For Meniere's Disease: "I take 5mg if I feel anything weird starting (Meniere's symptoms) but I don't take it everyday or even every week. I have ER trips about two or three a year. I have been given everything from phenegran to many anti vertigos. Diazapam in only thing that works. Now ,there is a shortage and hospitals might not have it."

TW (taken for 10 years or more) March 14, 2018

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "I average about 10 valium pills (5mg) per month. Helps with: 1) Blood pressure spikes 2) Occasional anxiety 3) Difficultly going to sleep 4) Jetlag sleep disruption-international flights 5) Have used prior medical procedure to reduce tension & anxiety 6) Can be used when wanting to reduce alcohol consumption"

Jack (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 11, 2018

For Anxiety: "I am from the UK. I am prescribed 5mg diazepam for severe bouts of anxiety to take occasionally when absolutely needed. The diazepam really helps but please don't under estimate how dangerous these meds can be when not used responsibly. Only use under the careful advice of a qualified Doctor. So the insane hellish anxiety is calmed and soothed and I get a few hours of blessed relief with diazepam. It's like pouring a cooling balm over a painful burn. My criticism is that the effects only last a few hours and they are highly addictive and can be very dangerous and hell to wean off. Please use responsibly for short term use only if possible. Please use wisely and also read the literature that come with the meds. Diazepam has been a blessing for me when used occasionally when absolutely needed. It has provided relief from severe suffering. But I can't emphasize enough to please use carefully and responsibly, and under proper medical guidance by a qualified person."

Lilly Hill March 10, 2018

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "Hi I take Valium (diazapam) 1.5-2.5mg every second week for a few nights to help me sleep. My insomnia had become so bad it was effecting my memory and my work during the day and increasing my anxiety. I find it really helps me sleep well and function better during the day. Also reduces my anxiety and I don’t get side effects. My recommendations to take it less often so it works when you need it. I don’t find it addictive. It does have a long half life so it can build up in your system fast so that is something to watch."

Tired (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 28, 2018

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "The medication I stopped for a month off a taper. And just went back on it. I was sweeting perfusely, along with social anxiety, and PTSD. It has been a god sent medication, But the only down fall is that it can have bad withdrawal symptoms! But I was on xanax 4mg daily and Valium. The xanax withdrawal put me in the hospital but the Valium withdrawal is mild, but it is dangerous. Hope this helps someone in need of some advice!! Make sure it's only taken at the recommended dose and try too use it every couple of days not daily, otherwise you develop a tolerance."

Geez LA weez (taken for 10 years or more) February 20, 2018

For Anxiety: "As I have really strong anxiety disorder I find it perfect for anxiety. I only take 2.5mg when needed for anxiety/panic attacks and it works within 20 minutes. It doesn't make me dizzy at all, it even makes my mind more clear."

Dia777 February 13, 2018

For Light Sedation: "Used to help with sleep and control nocturnal seizure activity. Works really well."

Sdevil February 13, 2018

For Anxiety: "After many years of suffering with major insomnia, and being prescribed many different sleeping pills that all had horrible side effects, I was finally prescribed Diazepam (as a trial). Although I'm aware that doctors do not like to prescribe this drug, I have to say that it was "the one" that gave me my life back. I take 7.5 mg at bedtime only, and have been on the same dosage for approx. 8 years. It has helped me tremendously with both anxiety and my sleeping. I also had suffered my entire life (since childhood) from cold sores (at least one outbreak every 6 to 8 weeks) ugh. The oral drug I was given to "speed up the healing process" did indeed help, but was very hard on my system(constipation...tummy upset etc) Since taking Diazepam I have not had a single cold sore in 8 years. (it's a suppressant and therefore that makes sense, as cold sores are often triggered by stress) I've been lucky in that Diazepam (valium) has been extremely beneficial for me, and very inexpensive."

November1958 February 8, 2018