User Reviews for Diazepam to treat Borderline Personality Disorder

Also known as: Valium, Diastat, Valtoco, Diastat AcuDial, Diastat Pediatric, Diazepam Intensol

Diazepam has an average rating of 7.6 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder. 63% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 13% reported a negative effect.

Diazepam Rating Summary

7.6/10 average rating

Compare all 28 medications used in the treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder.

Pow · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 10, 2020

“If the drug isn't working for you then you need to get diagnosed again. It's very easy for a doctor to wrongly diagnose you make sure you are truthful to your doctor about everything. Even see another doctor to get a second opinion. I am supposed to take diazepam 3 times a day but I just take it when I feel anxious and it work fine. It's best not to take daily as it is highly addictive and withdrawal from any drug is the last thing you want. I would say diazepam is best for anxiety and relaxing your mind”

Interrupted · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 17, 2016

“This Med can be hard to manage if a person has addictive tendencies, but as far as the panic attacks and anxiety that occur with BPD, it is a godsend. Even if you have to rely on friends, family, or even a doctor to prescribe a week at a time, it really can help. Just be sure, no matter what, not to lose it or run out. Keep the tops on, keep it organized, keep it locked up if you must. Stopping abruptly causes seizures and that is NOT fun. NOT. You can fall and you can die. It isn't a substitute for learning coping skills for stress like exercise, DBT, etc. But anyone who has been through it- especially someone who isn't rich and is on disability/ Medicaid knows how hard it is to find REAL Dialectical Behavioral Therapy. It helps. A LOT.”

Jay · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 20, 2019

“I’m 62 diagnosed Borderline personality disorder (BPD) 1 year ago. I used diazepam in crisis and it was great calmed me down slowed my chaotic thoughts and often I fell asleep, felt much calmer when I woke up. BUT my crisis’s became more frequent as did the diazepam use because of this, I haven’t got onto DBT yet but have some coping strategies . GP won’t let me get them now because twice I took more than prescribed. It’s a great drug but we have to be careful with it. I’m in UK so get my medicines from NHS.”

KtK · Taken for less than 1 month June 7, 2018

“I've just come out of hospital for an attempted suicide so my GP gave me 15 diazepam low dose tablets (2mg) to be safeguarded by my carer. During this time I haven't left my bed for anything other than the toilet however I still found myself becoming distressed and suicidal. My carer administers them to me 2 at a time to get me through the week til see my psychiatrist for a medication review. I've always been against meds and not been allowed them due to OD risk and the effects that put me at high risk of dangerous behaviour. However, I have found Diazepam to be my saviour this week. I only have two left and I feel sad about it. My GP doesn't want to give anymore as they're addictive and I trust his words entirely. The only unpleasant side effect was palpitations although they kept me stable when needed. Also, they have an adverse effect and keep me awake. I really recommend them if used properly during a crisis for BPD, but as a short term measure. I live in the UK so had this medication free of charge”

blacklove August 4, 2019

“I have no comment, I’ve been on Xanax, Clonazepam, Lorazepam but diazepam is the one that removes my stress my social anxiety and boost my confidence, I can go to study, I can talk to people, I don’t avoid eyes contact this medicine is the best”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 28, 2018

“I must disagree. I found this medication interacted with my anxiety and I was experiencing very irrational episodes. I was also constantly depersonalised and it brought on hallucinations. I was under a lot of stress and only 16 yr old at the time trying to make a living and dealing with these new things I definitely wouldn't find myself trying it again for anything. The sleep dose stopped working after 1 short week”

DerbyDean · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 17, 2021

“I have a long relationship with this drug. I am prescribed 15mg a day now previously prescribed 40mg a day. I use to abuse this drug heavily just to sleep and block out the world. Now I just take it when it's needed.”

Peter245 · Taken for less than 1 month April 21, 2019

“I have Borderline personality disorder & OCD and this reduces my homicidal rages and tendency to break things. Also takes the edge of my OCD.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 12, 2021

“Took two 5mg tablets and NOTHING happened like what happened last week 5 mg on its own worked perfect ? Placebo anyone ?”

Learn more about Borderline Personality Disorder