User Reviews for Diazepam to treat Anxiety

Also known as: Valium, Diastat, Valtoco, Diastat Pediatric, Diastat AcuDial, Diazepam Intensol

Diazepam Rating Summary

8.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 141 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Diazepam

Monkey · Taken for 10 years or more June 8, 2020

“Hi Unfortunately I was put on valium 48 years ago as I was told by GP I had a nervous stomach. After 3 years I had an ovarian cyst that burst so had cyst and ovary removed. Heyho after operation I didn't have stomach ache so stopped taking valium. But then I had panic attacks, shakes and agoraphobia. I went to GP who told me you must always take valium or you will end up in a mental health facility. I have tried on occasions to cut down stop them. Side effects shaking tight band round head throat huge weight loss bedridden. For a long time I have taken 25mg daily. I wouldn't want anyone to take them regularly I don't want OTHERS to suffer. After having osteoporosis spine fractures x 3 etc I have needed opioids BUT ONLY HAD 1 WHEN DESPERATE AS I KNOW HOW ADDICTIVE THEY ARE. GOD BLESS YOU ALL”

kate June 6, 2020

“diazepam 1mg was not really working well for me, so I've taken 2mg, and half an hour later I feel really hyper and it's not doing anything for me”

shapel · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 3, 2020

Valium (diazepam): “Valium is a drug that can be a life saver or destroyer. This drug for me helps me as long as I have it under control. I find myself always having to be wary of my dosage. This allows me to pretty much go about my normal life, allows me to function, think and gives me the motivation and willingness to do the things I need to do. When on these and under control I find a lot of aspects of my life all coming together where as without it I feel helpless. Too much valium daily however leads to depersonalisation and impulsiveness. Before you know it you will be turning into something else, it is only in hindsight that this becomes apparent. As quickly as this can help improve your life it can crumble it. CONTROL YOUR DOSAGE. So if you can control yourself absolutely I would recommend but be wary it is very easy to lead yourself down the path of a benzo addiction, I have done this become clean and reused several times now.”

Jade · Taken for less than 1 month May 29, 2020

“I could have sworn I was taking sugar pills, I don't feel any change from these pills after a week of taking them as my doctor suggested.”

swingerofbirches · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 25, 2020

“Teva diazepam had worked well for me for many years at just 2 mg dosage three times a day, not a really large dose. Now I have been having withdrawal symptoms, and after I take the tablet I feel no different at all. Something has changed with it. I used to feel it work within a half hour, and now it never works. I am having serious withdrawal symptoms. Teva's quality assurance department seems to be just one individual, and there was a language barrier. Eventually they replaced the bottle with a new one also from Teva, but it's the same problem. The Teva had worked well but no longer seems to do anything at all. I had two tablets left from an old bottle, and the difference was too great to even compare. The withdrawal symptoms went away. That bottle had a much older expiration date (6/2020). It seems like the new stuff is much weaker if there is anything in it at all. My rating for this (1) is based on current Teva formulation. Prior to this would have been 10.”

Sully · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 23, 2020

“Teva diazapam is not generic equivalent. Reported to FDA. All pharmacists said other patients said same thing. Tell FDA they want to hear it. A brand I used to get worked. Only sold to hospitals now. I found an old one bottle from other brand that had 2 in it. And it was over a year old. I slept with one tablet.”

Sully May 2, 2020

“Teva diazapam don't work Teva took over the diazapam market it don't work. My headaches, Anxiety attacks, panic attacks are back. It is like taking nothing and an ingredient that makes me sick I feel like suing, no active ingredient in it. I can prove that. God my head hurts and dizziness will return tomorrow, this I know I hope FDA takes this garbage off the market. There are others out there. Mayne I have been taking but some reason hospital pharmacy it's like no active ingredient. I miss Mylan it worked for many years. I haven't slept in 2 days. Now I have to attempt to see my doctor for change in medications because of Teva. Now i know why I have been having horribile head pain panic not real diazapam. Any brand is better than this. No sleep this month for me Shaking badly. Teva is not diazepam.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 8, 2020

“Connected to dysthymia and anxiety, for some strange reason this medication makes me feel more awake sometimes. I feel more tired when I'm not taking it.”

AnxiousGuy · Taken for less than 1 month February 22, 2020

Valium (diazepam): “very calming and peaceful drug, no bad side effects, lasts pretty long and helps me fall asleep.”

BMW Guy February 17, 2020

“I was prescribed Valium (Diazepam) 10mg as needed up to 3x daily 4 1/2 years ago for tension headaches. I also am diagnosed with GAD/PTSD and Panic disorder. After taking the drug for so long I have discovered how affective it is. I can enjoy life in a way I have never experienced. Going to the Movies, out in crowds, traveling by plane, I even lost my stutter, the list goes on. I suffered an Aortic Aneurysm rupture in 2014 because of a stressful phone call. Now there seems to be draconian measures in place to stop all use of this drug. For those of us who don't abuse it I don't care if it is physically addictive. The benefits out weigh the negatives in my case. Now I must find a Doctor that understands that my case is Mental/Physical. I still have an abdominal aneurysm and must fear my own adrenaline because that one can rupture the same way. I was lucky last time but next time there is no way to save my life.”

Quinn · Taken for 10 years or more February 9, 2020

Valium (diazepam): “I have been on Valium since 2011 after the sudden passing of my husband. I have always had severe generalized anxiety and was never adequately treated for it, just given seroquel which made me non-functional. The loss of my husband exacerbated the anxiety condition and I began suffering from insomnia as well. My Dr tried me on a variety of benzodiazepine meds which didn’t last long enough in my system to give me adequate relief. We eventually gave diazepam a try and it worked so well. I started on 20mg a day and over the years I have tapered to a comfortable dose of 10mg daily. It does not make me sleepy or loopy but takes the edge off enough that I can care for my children and function in daily life. Yes there is a bit of a dependence but for me it’s worth it to be somewhat addicted rather than struggle to cope with terrible anxiety symptoms every day. I do recommend Valium as an effective anxiolytic however I would say to be aware of the potential for abuse and dependence.”

Sierra · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 8, 2020

“Have been withdrawing from a 5mg diazepam dose of valium for 10 weeks (took a maximum of 15mg a day for 14 months). Made the bad mistake of taking on and off different mgs during that time! When I take a .75 mg in the a.m., I get a crushing headache with nausea. Thoughts?”

John · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 3, 2020

“Diazepam work very good for my anxiety with no side effects. But I'm sick of doctors trying to take me off it. Why? I don't abuse it, I often just take 10mg. And because Diazepam is long lasting it often builds up in your system so sometimes I skip a days dose. Most of these doctors have never had severe anxiety & have no idea how debilitating it is when you cannot sleep, concentrate or even swallow food because of severe anxiety. Without this drug I often cannot go outside. That is no life. I hope some day people with mental health conditions get proper support instead of cruelty.”

Tomas · Taken for less than 1 month January 29, 2020

“It is a wonder drug for me. I had severe anxiety symptoms and they weren't passing by taking a hot bath, camomile tea, CBD oil. So doctor prescribed diazepam. 2 pills in one day and I feel almost anxiety free. No longer debilitating anxiety, and now I can be relaxed because if anxiety strikes again, I can take it again, until my AD starts working. No longer need to be in hospital to get good anxiety med. I can do this on my own at home. Fast acting, longer duration than xanax, completely different feeling from xanax. I like diazepam more.”

Patti January 16, 2020

Valium (diazepam): “Valium is highly addictive and dangerous even deadly.”

DrSteel · Taken for 10 years or more January 15, 2020

“I'm a 74 year old Vietnam vet. I've had moderate anxiety issues since 1970. I didn't go on Diazepam until 1975. I've been on it ever since. It changed my life. I was able to have a very successful career and productive life. I've been in and out out therapy off and on over the years. It did not really help. The only thing the keeps me calm and functional is the once a day 5mg dose of diazepam. I would like to get off it and have tried several times without success. My anxiety level ramps up to the point where it's not manageable. This is probably the only major drawback. I have not experience any bothersome issues or side effects. It has been a life saver for me. I've never had to increase the dosage after all these years.”

Lolly · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 30, 2019

Valium (diazepam): “I have been suffering with Bi-polar, Severe Depression & Severe Anxiety for many years now & have been put on & tried many different drugs by Dr's BUT the only thing that works is Valium & I take up to three 5 mgs per day & I feel so so GOOD. I can function I am way more productive & I actually get out & talk to people which is normally a no no for me. I also get a great appetite which I don't have if I don't take any. I was under a great Psychiatrist for many years until he retired I then had to move to the country where it was extremely hard to even find a GP but I finally did but have had to go private & he has put me onto a barrage of new Dr's to see in the New Year who are all private as well so I am stressed about paying for all of these at the moment & getting the new GP to give me any Valium is like asking for his kidney but on 2 rare occasions he has given ten 10mg Temazepam's which did help but I had to stretch them out.”

Valium · Taken for 10 years or more December 28, 2019

Valium (diazepam): “Been taking Valium since April, 1969 after I blacked out while working for NASA. This is Jan., 2019, tried to lower the dose so limit my use. During Two weeks I had another blackout. Once I started talking Valium I had no other issue's with think clear, nor had any more black outs. I am a Viet Nam Veteran, 77 years old. Some doctors will not give you Valium if you are 75 years old.”

Ty · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 24, 2019

“Most doctors had been reluctant to prescribe it. Got given 10 x 2mg prescribed at urgent care and 10 x 2mg from the local gp surgery. So far since January only taken 28mg worth when really needed. Also on amitriptyline and sertraline. Pretty much the only thing that genuinely works to help me calm down.”

Painman · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 21, 2019

Valium (diazepam): “I have been dependent on morphine and oxycodone in high doses for 20 years than someone suggested suboxone worst decision of my life. I was on it for 8 months and it worked as directed,I was very happy but started reading about PAWS (Post-acute-withdrawal syndrome) and started to wean down well anxiety, panic attacks and confusion hit me like a ton of bricks. Bupernephrine is a horrible drug to get off of. I would rather have gone thru full opiate detox than those. Tried Klonopin, Xanax both were a waste and very addicting! But I was tried on one 10 mg Valium and I have not felt that normal in ages. I am very leary of any pharmaceutical and don’t take it daily sometimes I put it away for a month. It has truly given my life back but I’m still on a drug. I want to be off everything and I don’t know if that will ever be. But for now I’m not clenching my teeth all day and tossing all night so I’m grateful. Thanks doc for taking a risk on me.”

Ttiny December 15, 2019

“A drug I would never think of taking again !!! I'm not addicted to it but I feel sorry for those who are, deeply sorry. ”

Penny · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 12, 2019

Valium (diazepam): “I have suffered with extreme social anxiety for as long as I can remember. Valium has been the only medication that has given me some peace of mind & comfort.”

DJ · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 2, 2019

Valium (diazepam): “This drug almost killed me, as did the psychiatrist who prescribed it. In early 2017 I started with this new doctor who completely changed my psych regimen after a difficult move and sudden loss of a sister to a drug overdose. He started me on low dose Valium. It did work, but right away problems were showing. Soon enough I was hooked and popping these like life savers. My wife expressed concern about it, and what did the doctor do? He increased the dosage and quantity. Soon I was getting through the day with up to thirty pills. I experienced multi organ failure earlier this summer, and subsequent heart failure. My primary doctor recommended a new psychiatrist, who was shocked at my regimen. He said he wouldn’t see me until I had beaten the addiction. It was tough. He has since switched me to buspirone, although maxed out at 60mg. Valium may work in the short term, but just don’t do it. It’s a destroyer.”

CJ · Taken for less than 1 month November 30, 2019

“I have taken many types of diazepam, these are genuine in my opinion, no more panic attacks, and a good sleep. Thanks”

luna November 29, 2019

“I suffer from crippling panic attacks and anxiety I'm 18 with diagnosed complex PTSD and a severe fear of death, I was put on 2mg of diazepam after a visit to A&E when a panic attack became totally unbearable and they made me take it there and then, they suggested I originally take it every 8 hours at the start and then just as needed, I’ve been on it for roughly 4 weeks now but I've stretched out the dosage to as needed, so every other day at least and if I can then every 3-5 days, I'm hoping to only need it on a once a week basis. Usually it calms me right down even with just 2mg (I'm allowed to take up to 5 pills a day every 2 hours but the most I've had has been 2 pills in a day) I do sometimes start panicking after taking it just because the pill itself scares me with all the horror stories regarding it. It really has helped my insomnia as well but it does make me feel very ill, give me headaches and at the very start it made me light headed”