User Reviews for Diazepam to treat Seizures

Also known as: Valium, Diastat, Valtoco, Diastat AcuDial, Diazepam Intensol, Diastat Pediatric

Diazepam Rating Summary

8.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 86 medications used in the treatment of Seizures.

Reviews for Diazepam

bestpup · Taken for 10 years or more November 5, 2018

“I have had a seizure disorder since early childhood. I find diazepam with Keppra helps control my tonic clonic seizures.”

Mtmcmbe January 12, 2017

“I was in the ER due to a series of seizures occurring once every 1-5 minutes. Within a few minutes, my cluster of seizures were no more. Long term, I couldn't give you an answer as this was only used during an emergency.”

jessey820 · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 20, 2013

“I am 34 and have suffered from severe anxiety. To the point that I fear leaving home. In 2010, I started having seizures in my sleep. I have done everything every doctor has asked and nothing works other than diazepam and/or clonazepam. Yet, I am repeatedly refused prescriptions of either. I swear by it as I have no control considering we all need sleep. I am seizure and anxiety free with medication.”

J.J.J. January 17, 2013

“I'm a recent college graduate, who was stricken with 2 grand mal seizures a month for over a year. They were so bad, that I racked up over 30k worth of medical bills. After all this, I went and talked to a bunch of neurologists. Many were garbage, and dictated treatment terms to me. I read a little bit, went to a bunch of doctors, and decided on my own course of action. I'm a male, 6 feet tall, and 150lbs. I started out on 20mg of Valium, and bumped up to 40mg; over the period of a year. It stopped my seizures cold, and didn't give me any side effects. It is, in my opinion, a miracle. ”

Anonymous July 24, 2012

Diastat AcuDial (diazepam): “It works well to stop seizures when they come in clusters or they are long lasting. My 14 year old daughter uses it and its the only thing that helps when she's having a rough day.”

Anonymous December 22, 2011

Valium (diazepam): “Wonder drug, stops seizures, stops things that can bring on a seizure, stops pain after seizures, stops bad side effects of my other anti-seizure medicines. I could not take any other seizure medicines but Valium helped. Not enough sleep can cause a seizure and Valium helps me sleep.”

Anonymous May 29, 2009

Diastat (diazepam): “Not the most pleasant medication to receive but I'm not a zombie after my seizures stop and it works fairly quickly.”