User Reviews for Diazepam (Page 5)

Also known as: Diastat, Diastat AcuDial, Diastat Pediatric, Diazepam Intensol, Dizac, Valium, Valrelease, Zetran

Learn more about Diazepam.

ICU Agitation 1 reviews 13 medications

Endoscopy or Radiology Premedication 2 reviews 78 medications

Tetanus 1 reviews 18 medications

Summary of Diazepam reviews 379 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Diazepam

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "I have been on diazepam long term, started because of PTSD. It is a mild sedative if I'm relaxing I'll get tired, if I'm working I don't get tired I just feel no negative feelings. It really is a chill pill. I am in construction field now and no issues and if I take one before going to bed my back pain soothes (Valium is mild muscle relaxer) and I always seem to have pleasant dreams. Never had a bad dream since on Valium, but at the same time it isn't luxurious or fantasy dreams either. It has been a miracle drug for me. I do not like how doctors now like to avoid benzos. Valium is a great medicine. I take 30mg per day generic brand. Hope this helps someone."

Nellbear December 11, 2015

150 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: "My first choice for muscle spams"

Anonymous December 7, 2015

Valium (diazepam) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "A good choice just to help. Withdrawal from drink are not as bad as so many people make out. If you really want this, you will do anything to be clean. I'm sober 6 years."

Anonymous December 7, 2015

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "I have tried a lot of different anti- anxiety meds and Valium is the only one that actually works for me and I don't get nasty side effects with."

Bree85 (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 3, 2015

109 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "Was prescribed 2mg of diazepam for muscle spasms in my neck. I've taken three tablets so far today and u have had no ease, still in severe pain."

Eims December 2, 2015

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "i've tried everything for panic attacks and depersonalization so far. i don't like ssri's they make me feel like a zombie. i don't really have any side effects which is very rare as i'm sensetive to a lot of drugs/food anything you name it. I do find sometimes the day after i'm still tired and a bit depressed. I have 4mg+ if i'm having a panic attack it seems to help quite a lot. i take 2mg if i'm going to a party or a new place and take more if i need to. i'm going to try propanolol next i heard it's great too."

khamilton133 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 25, 2015

Valium (diazepam) for Light Sedation: "I take it before I go to sleep, and it is the best thing any doc could have given me . All the other meds made me feel like shit. And this one I sleep like a Champ and wake up with a smile."

Gonzocj November 24, 2015

For Anxiety: "I had several brain surgeries and because of these brain surgeries I developed a pinched nerve in my neck from the trauma. I have three incurable diseases and my legs are almost always hurting. I started out on neuro tin then went up to Lyrica. I can only take so many a day for the pain. My doctors wanted the dosage up, but my stupid insurance did not allow this or would not pay for it. So, I am stuck on the same dose and have been on the same dose for a while now. These two drugs are a life saver. I don't understand what reason why my insurance will not allow me to up the dose because it makes no sense considring it's doctors orders. Lyrica is a life saver (hands down) and so was neutorin. If you plan on stopping these drugs, Wean!"

FLASHBACK123 November 16, 2015

Valium (diazepam) for Meniere's Disease: "I've suffered with Meniere's/vestibular neuritis for over 37 years and it has cast a dark shadow over my quality of life. The only medicine that has helped me to live with the episodes (loss of balance, vertigo, dis-equilibrium) has been valium. Because valium suppresses the central nervous system, it helps me to cope."

samud November 14, 2015

For Anxiety: "No good for depression or anxiety. For me just helps you to sleep"

tweeky 123 November 12, 2015

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: "The med does work very well. Side effects make it unbearable. I'm quitting the use of this product."

Spasms & Spasticity (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 9, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "Originally taken for muscle spasms. Found helps for migraine caused by muscle spasms. Reduced migraines to half length, intensity and frequency. 10 mg x3 daily."

Flute (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 3, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "Severe leg cramps at night......charlie horse.....one 5 mg pill at bedtime as needed REALLY helps. 1/10 the amount of cramps and much milder."

fredee (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 28, 2015

For Meniere's Disease: "I have suffered from vertigo for many years then diagnosed with Meniere's about 10 years ago. I brought an article about diazepam to my doctor and she prescribed it for me. I would usually only use 5mg when I had an attack but the attacks now seem like an everyday thing. I started taking 5mg daily in the AM and find that I finally feel like a normal person, able to focus better in my daily like instead of trying to tune out the ringing in my ears and the sensitivity to noise. Also my computer screen no longer makes me nauseous. I do not normally like to take any meds but will make an exception now since I feel like I have my life back."

Windy76 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 27, 2015

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "I have had very bad anxiety since I was in my teens. Tried all sorts of other tablets nothing worked for me. I couldn't leave the house, no girlfriends. Then I was put on valium (diazepam). I take 10mg in the morning and 10mg at night and have done for 24 years. Changed my life. Got a great job, married, 2 kids, never took more than I was given. The doctor's tried to get me off it, I tried to come off it but went back into my head,fear off going to work, fear off going out. So went back on diazepam and was able to work, be a husband, Father. This drug saved my life. It makes me so mad because off dope heads selling it and given it a bad name. The only thing is make sure you stick to your dose, and never just stop taken it."

Anonymous October 19, 2015

203 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "I took Valium for nearly 20 yrs for anxiety and functioned just great. My Dr retired and I had to find another. He is weening me off, now down to 2.5mg twice a day. I am miserable ! I'm stuck in my home, can't sleep, and my heart and stomach are going wild. I don't know how much more of this I can stand ! I feel I'm going to have a heart attack, I've lost so much weight I look terrible. And my Dr doesn't seem to notice or even care. He says he cannot be writing for it. I am not a dope head. I am a 53 yr old grandma who needs help. My children worry about me all the time. What is a person to do ?? Go to the street ?? I don't know that kinda life and don't want to. I can't afford a psychiatrist, just a Dr that cares !"

anxiety 101 (taken for 10 years or more) October 14, 2015

149 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I was given Diazapan today and took it tonight for the first time, All I can say is thank you doctor I felt the anxiety just melt away, I felt like crying because I couldn't take the feelings anymore it was making me physically ill, couldn't eat or sleep and my stomach constantly going over. After taking the tablet I felt normal I could eat. For the first time in a month I'm not panicking."

clarabow (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2015

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I originally received it after a arm injury but did not need it as much so had plenty leftovers. Now when I'm in severe stress situations to almost nerves breakdowns I take one 5mg and it works to stop me from crying that I could not control otherwise. Just wasn't sure if I can take 2 instead to put me to sleep since the doc said 1 every 8 hrs."

Mia Kelly (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2015

For Anxiety: "Diazepam is ok in the very short term but is highly addictive and withdrawing from it will give you panic attacks, a real cold turkey sensation. Took me 6 months to get off it but still felt panicky at times. I was recently given it for head aches and tension after 30 years off it and can't say I was happy taking it even short term. It did relieve my tension after 3 days. I decided no more and although my sleeping is not good, it is better to soldier on without it if you can. Controlled breathing, lavender oil to breath in and pressure points to lower blood pressure were used instead. I feel better and brighter now by using self control. It is so easy to take a tablet and there maybe times you may have to if it is a one off option."

Will o' the wisp. October 8, 2015

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "I am male age 65 years old. My nurse practitioner is trying to wean me off Valium after taking it ( 5 mgs) since I was 23..that's 43 years. It has been doing it's job for me. It gave me back my life. I have extreme anxiety disorders. My original physician gave me no hassle. He died, and I had to get a new Doctor. Things were fine until this past year when out of the blue she recommended me getting off the drug. I never abused it, but she is adamant about it. So, I am trying..truly am. It's not going too well. I am wondering if I should find a new Dr. and take my records there. I think my age has something to do with it, but getting off it is almost a nightmare. Does anyone have any suggestions?? I really would like some feedback from others."

Drewadam September 28, 2015

128 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "I don't like medication in general but this one got me thru work ,divorced single parent of 2 children. No side affects, very qualified professional work. Then I became wheelchair disabled on the job, I was ripped off by family of 96,000 dollars during a 2yr hospitalization. With corticosteroids I resumed the 5mg valium which helped. For me I only need 1 a day although prescribed 4, so they last me 6 mos to a year. IM LUCKY for I don't like to feel dopey just normal. If I've gotten into an insomnia state for a stressful situation with my autoimmune condition is the only time I'd taken 2 to sleep if tylenol pm didn't work. "

Calm Dee (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 26, 2015

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: "I have a terminal illness, kidney failure. the times that I've needed to calm down, easy worry, and calm my tight muscles-valium is the solve. I've been taking it for almost 4 years, without additiction or compulsion to "have to have it." When my back is against the wall with all my medical situations, this drug has provided for my lifestyle very well. thanks to all for sharing honestly on this site."

wolf mistress (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 10, 2015

Diazepam Intensol (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: "Due to a back injury I experienced severe leg pain in all positions. Walking it felt like my muscle was literally tearing from the bone. Excruciating. Within 2 days my muscles relaxed. No negative side effects."

Legs of stone (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2015

For Meniere's Disease: "I have had Meniere's Disease for about 5 years. I'm a mailman and almost lost my job because of frequent attacks. I found out that popping 2-3 5mg of diazepam (Valium) brought me right out of the vertigo attacks and I could resume driving. I later discovered by taking 20mg of Furosemide and 5mg of Valium in the morning would keep me from having any attacks for over 3 years. I feel like I'm blessed. The only problem is the diuretics can cause kidney problems that's why I had to cut my dosage in half. I hope this helps somebody."

Dave Carlson September 4, 2015

Valium (diazepam) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "I'm on low dose of valium. I'm not complaining as it's helping to stay off booze. I just try as well not to drink cause I don't want to take more valium than what is recommended for me and its really great. It's also helping drug cravings. Started exercising as well so I'm hoping to get off valium soon replace it with gym but meanwhile its really helping."

lee25 August 27, 2015