User Reviews for Diazepam (Page 5)

Also known as: Diastat, Diastat AcuDial, Diastat Pediatric, Diazepam Intensol, Dizac, Valium, Valrelease, Zetran

Learn more about Diazepam.

ICU Agitation 1 reviews 13 medications

Endoscopy or Radiology Premedication 2 reviews 78 medications

Tetanus 1 reviews 18 medications

Summary of Diazepam reviews 331 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Diazepam

For Anxiety: "Works great .I was having panic attacks all the time. This medicine calm them down"

tootise (taken for 10 years or more) April 16, 2015

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "Other than drowsiness for about 45 minutes after taking it, great medicine! Works in like 10 minutes, so if I feel a panic attack coming on I take my dosage and before I know it I'm calm. It enables me to go into mass public places and can go into crowded restaurants with my family. Valium has given me a huge part of my life back. I know most doctors are against it because dope heads have abused this type of drug. You can only get it from a psychiatrist now but it saved my social life so I see the shrink monthly! Thanks valium"

Brandon1981 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 15, 2015

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "Valium is a great muscle relaxer, however long term use causes more pain in the long run. After I had been taking a low 5-10 therapeutic dose for neck pain. I became intolerant to that dose & ended up with an 18 year dependency. I reached a daily 40 mg dependency when severe back & leg pain began. 18 years later, I managed to reduce the dosage to 10mgs a day with little w/drawal symptoms. Then I came across an obscure research article on rats given Valium. They developed RA-like symptoms, which is what I have. It's a type of rebound muscle pain when your body's tolerance level reaches it's peak. It's similar to rebound headaches & the pain is severe. Please think carefully about staying on Valium long term. I'd say 2 months is safest."

Lexie247 April 8, 2015

Valium (diazepam) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "It has really helped me right at the most important time to calm down and not bother with severe drinking."

kruuuisy March 30, 2015

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "I have been taking Valium every day for 5 years for anxiety and muscle spasms. Good to kill 2 birds with one stone. I take a relatively microscopic dose of 2.5mg/day, and after 5 years, I have probably built up a tolerance to it so that this tiny dose has no physiological effect any more. But even if I'm now getting the placebo effect from it, I don't care. I don't have panic attacks any more and that's all I really care about."

Mr. J (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 29, 2015

115 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Valrelease (diazepam) for Light Anesthesia: "Wonderful pain management/ anesthesia medicine. Broke my ankle and combination of Diazepam and Advil. Take the big edge off the pain. No adverse side effects."

Jessiesteam (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2015

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "Two years ago, I couldn't sleep, my doctor gave me all type of sleep meds, nothing worked. The only med works is this. I take 5mg every night on and off for 2 years. No side effect."

Emily lane 1980 March 20, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "I was having severe leg cramp in my right leg due to pinched nerve. Whole leg would cramp when I got out of bed in the morning. Started taking a 5mg valium before bed. First time I took before bed no leg cramp in morning. I have reduced dose to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet (2 1/2 mg)and still no cramps. going to reduce to 1/4 tablet and try to in time to wean myself off. Several peoples comments on here have said can take as needed so that is what I hope I can eventually do."

Winter Run Farm March 18, 2015

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "mild-moderate anxiolytic effect but Long lasting. Definite calming effect and sense of tranquility. I weened off of 5mg of Xanax with this wonderful drug and had virtually no withdrawal. Makes me feel level headed and at peace when I start to stress"

Dandawolf (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2015

For Anxiety: "I have started getting severe anxiety and panic attacks since been pregnant. It was so severe I couldn't leave the house. I was prescribed Prozac but had a bad reaction wich put me of taking further medication. I started seeing a cognitive thereapist wich eased my anxiety a little but I would have good days and really bad days. On a bad anxiety episode at 25 weeks pregnant I went back to my G.P willing to try medication again she prescribed me diazepam 2mg dose used up to 3 times a day only for my bad days. It took me a week to combat my fear and take my first pill wich I did yesterday and what a difference for the first time in 6 months I felt calm and my anxiety was gone. I would highly recommend this medicine don't suffer x"

Gd27 February 25, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "It's the only thing that works for me without drowsiness or any side effects. Just hard to find a dr to prescribe it. Helps my neuropathy & muscle spasms & anxiety. "

Dolphindreamer (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 24, 2015

For Anxiety: "I know of people that have taken single 5mg tablet and they have been what I would say out of it all day. So when the Dr suggested this to me I was very unsure. However it is fair to say that for me after taking the first tablet I felt more grounded. I use 5mg tablets as and when needed. They don't zonk me out and help me on those days when things are just too much."

E2317 February 24, 2015

For Anxiety: "If you want something to control your panic attack for a short period of time this is perfect. It's only meant to be used for a few weeks. Its very addicting so watch out."

Heart_break_kid (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 20, 2015

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: "Over all good"

zania February 14, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "I've had a bad back for over 50 years. I never lost much work, but as I've gotten older my pain has increased. I was prescribed Norco (180 Tabs per month) for pain in 2005, and in 2009 Valium (120/10mg per month) for increased pain. I took the medicines reverently, with no noticeable side effects. I could work on our 5 acres and sleep. In Oct, 2014, my doctor stopped the valium, citing abuse by youngsters with the 2 medicines. I'm 71 and have never abused them. The pain specialist cut my Norco to 120 tabs per month. Now I'm in more pain and don't sleep well. I'm trying to make them see that The only thing I'm addicted to is being out of pain, and give me my meds back. Please"

Michaelgtheonly February 6, 2015

For Anxiety: "I take this for severe life and death Anxiety and muscle spasms. I take 50 mg per day, 10mg 5 times per day as Directed by my Health Care professional. I have been taking this, vs. Klonopin or Zanax or Ativan or other Benzodiazapenes because of the longer term effects and the muscle spasm decreasing benefits. Have taken between 30 mg per day to 50 mg per day for 2 years now. It does make me lazy. I have had weight gain. I have to exercise and I have to also use caution while driving. I take a high dosage, but without it, I would not be alive. It is as simple as that. I am glad this medication, has been used for decades, tried and true, can cause anger if one does not realize they need to self filter, but it does relax anxiety and muscles."

DrugExpert101 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 6, 2015

For Anxiety: "I have tried to Xanax and it doesn't matter how many milligrams I take it has no effect on me. I tried Klonopin which works however when it wears off I get horrible migraines which I found out can be a symptom of for some people. Valium is the only medicine I can take that reduces my anxiety. I ready here in some of the reviews people saying they had extreme anxiety and we're taking to milligrams my anxiety is so bad I take 10 milligrams 3 times a day just to be normal. It works it really works. It may be an old medication and it may not be prescribed very often anymore but I truly believe it is the best."

kimmieflo February 4, 2015

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: "This medication works as intended with minimal side effects. Relieves my muscle spasms and takes away the nervousness and bad attitude caused by back pain (not back ache). I take Percocet with Valium. "

Coon dog January 22, 2015

For Anxiety: "It's great."

Yoda444 (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2015

For Anxiety: "I am 21 and have suffered from major anxiety attacks and chronic depression the past few years and took every antidepressant tables going which have never made a difference. My doctor prescribed me with 2mg diazepam I took one with a cup of tea and I've never felt so calm and relaxed in my life and slept like a baby for the first time in six months. I highly recommend these if you suffer from the same problems one negative is they give me the munchies."

disco dave93 January 5, 2015

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I have suffered from anxiety disorder for over 3 years now. Recently I hit rock bottom again and haven't been able to leave the house. I felt terrible. Doctor prescribed me 2mg of diazepam and after 20 minutes I already feel so much calmer. I only have a few days worth (just to help my citalopram kick in) - but it is great at calming you down."

Montymoo January 5, 2015

For Anxiety: "Called my doctor as I was having serious anxiety attacks and panic attacks she prescribed me 2mg twice daily, I have suffered with anxiety all my life the moment. I swallowed the first pill 20 minutes later I can't even explain how perfect I feel no anxiety no panic, calm and so normal it's unreal serious life saver!"

Greekgod (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2014

99 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "Great all around benzodiazepine! Lasts long and is generally mild but does the job!"

Anxiety Mike (taken for 10 years or more) December 22, 2014

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: "I suffer from lower back pain. I had a back fusion in November 2013 about 6 months ago I started having really bad back spasms around the area they did the fusion which was my L-5/S-1. They had me on Flexeril but did not help they tried the Valium and it works. I do not take it every day only when I have the spasms between that and the Percocet it is the only thing that works. But I only take them as needed."

USAF Girl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 19, 2014

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I have panic attacks the night before air travel and they are horrendous. I am a shivering, cold sweating mess and all I can think about is "I'm gonna die" as my mind becomes compromised and my heart is trying to get out of my chest. Diazapam is great. I take 4mg as I feel the attack starting and the medicine starts taking effect within 30 minutes. After an hour I am much more relaxed and can contemplate sleep. This effect lasts 10 hours then I crash as the medicine wears off and then the symptoms take over. I top up with 2mg as and when needed through the day. A panic attack only lasts up to 10 minutes but the symptoms can last for me up to 24 hours so taking that 2mg now and again keeps me strong. Diazapam means I can travel again."

Richnea1 (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2014