User Reviews for Lorazepam to treat Status Epilepticus

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

Lorazepam Rating Summary

8.5/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 20 medications used in the treatment of Status Epilepticus.

Reviews for Lorazepam

"My son with seizures at early age was already on Dilantin for seizures but the Doctors wanted to replace Dilantin with a different drug. Over a period of years they again mention to try out new medications. He went in and was given Lorazepam for replacement for Dilantin. He came home and less than a week it was horrible. He was returned back to the hospital where they stopped the Lorazepam and now I am attempting to get him back to where he was at with the dilantin but he is hallucinating and it is so terrifying the images he is experiencing. I do hope that this will soon pass and we are so disappointed with what has happened. He lost all mobility at one point .. Be careful with this med.. :("

SolaZippo (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2019

Ativan (lorazepam): "Was withdrawing from fentanyl heroin and a little bit from suboxone. It takes away most symptoms but xanax and klonopin work better. Ativan works great for anxiety tho. And lasts 6/7 hours for me."

Xannicandi November 2, 2017

"Use as a rescue medication to break seizure clusters. I only take when needed. Which isn't often thankfully."

Dhaniboi (taken for 10 years or more) April 3, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam): "This med works well for calming my head after a seizure(s). I have partial seizures. Started using it 2 years ago, 'as needed' Recently I'm attempting to discontinue any use of this medicine. My dosage is only 0.5 sublingual. The withdrawal symptoms are absolutely brutal. It's a low dose. I'm not sure if my sensitivity to medication and time taken affects the detox. I didn't expect the nightmares, nausea, exhaustion, fuzzy head. I am glad this med helped when needed, but can say, I'll never return to using it."

KaterinaSernowski (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 7, 2017

"Lorazepam has changed my life. I've had seizures for 20 years now. After being prescribed this, my seizures have been less frequent and it has actually stopped seizures from happening! I take them as soon as I feel the aura."

Tesseract December 12, 2016

Ativan (lorazepam): "I keep Ativan in a small container in my pocket at all times! When I feel a generalized tonic clonic (grand mal) seizure coming on, I put one in my mouth, chew it up, swallow it, and prevents or stops the seizure immediately. I am no longer afraid of status epilepticus because Ativan protects me. I'm thankful they exist."

Epilepsy Advocate (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2013