User Reviews for Lorazepam to treat Light Anesthesia

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

Lorazepam Rating Summary

8.3/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 13 medications used in the treatment of Light Anesthesia.

Reviews for Lorazepam

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month April 30, 2019

"It didn't work at all for me, was given 3mg to take prior to dental appointment, that appointment has been postponed now. I was unable to stop moving, dizzy, talking extremely fast, felt like I needed to run and run for miles. Was not calm at all. What happened to me is apparently uncommon, but I won't be taking this for dentist appointments again."

Auzzie2016 · Taken for less than 1 month June 16, 2016

"I have extreme dental anxiety. The dentist prescribed 3 mg an hour prior to dental work along with a valium the evening before and the procedure went wonderful. I did not feel any pain although I was a bit loopy the rest of the day :) I went home after the procedure and went to bed. No lingering effects. I had 2 teeth pulled, deep cleaning, prep work for a bridge and a temporary bridge installed."

carlijo · Taken for less than 1 month January 26, 2014

Ativan (lorazepam): "I was having dental work done & he gave me Ativan & I was so glad he did. I did not feel a thing until the medicine wore off."

Anonymous April 14, 2011

Ativan (lorazepam): "Today I had some very severe back pain and after trying some other medications that did not work well at all, they gave me i.v. Ativan and the spasms stopped almost immediately."

Anonymous January 15, 2011

Ativan (lorazepam): "I was given Ativan during a small procedure and it worked okay. I didn't feel anything ...just a had a bit of a hangover after the procedure."

sabsteak January 1, 2010

"My dentist doesn't use sedation so he prescribed 2mg lorazepam the night before, 1 in the morning and 1 an hour before my tooth extractions!! It worked wonders. I'm terrified of dentists by the way. I also was prescribed this same dosing for a closed machine MRI, it was very effective. I also use 1 mg for anxiety (panic attacks). It is a bit less effective - I'd give it a 7 out of 10 for that use."

Anniebugs April 1, 2008

"I'm taking Lorazepam 2mg every 6 hrs as needed for pain. This has worked wonderfully for me with no side effects. I'm on this medication ONLY until my surgery pain goes away."