User Reviews for Lorazepam to treat Light Anesthesia

Also known as: Ativan, Ativan Injection, Lorazepam Intensol

Lorazepam has an average rating of 7.5 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Light Anesthesia. 75% of those users who reviewed Lorazepam reported a positive effect, while 25% reported a negative effect.

Lorazepam Rating Summary

7.5/10 average rating

Compare all 9 medications used in the treatment of Light Anesthesia.

Vod Kanockers · Taken for less than 1 month June 29, 2020

“Ativan is a wonderful drug for dental work. I was prescribed one valium before I got there and ativans were given throughout 4 extractions. I never felt a thing and even thought that he only pulled 1 cos I asked and he said nope we are done. Even got rest of my teeth cleaned. Not sure if was before or after extractions. Had to have someone drive and when went to drugstore to get pain pills I was thirsty and told my friend I was gonna get a bottle water and came out with a whole case. Have no clue why but must thought I may be thirsty later. Highly recommend for sedation and dentistry over any other.”

dizzy · Taken for less than 1 month February 20, 2020

Ativan (lorazepam): “I was prescribed 2mg Ativan to take 2 hours before a dentist appointment (I’m a 110 lb woman). I took it 2 hours prior and within a half hour, the whole room was spinning and I was getting nauseous. I was only not dizzy if I was laying down. It seemed like an impossible task to walk to the car and be driven to the dentist and endure an appointment in that state. I stayed home and immediately fell asleep for 5 hours. I felt nauseous upon waking and it got better after eating a small amount of bland food. It is not evening and I feel better, just very groggy and a little slow feeling. I would rather endure the dentist appointment than go through this again.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month April 30, 2019

“It didn't work at all for me, was given 3mg to take prior to dental appointment, that appointment has been postponed now. I was unable to stop moving, dizzy, talking extremely fast, felt like I needed to run and run for miles. Was not calm at all. What happened to me is apparently uncommon, but I won't be taking this for dentist appointments again.”

Auzzie2016 · Taken for less than 1 month June 16, 2016

“I have extreme dental anxiety. The dentist prescribed 3 mg an hour prior to dental work along with a valium the evening before and the procedure went wonderful. I did not feel any pain although I was a bit loopy the rest of the day :) I went home after the procedure and went to bed. No lingering effects. I had 2 teeth pulled, deep cleaning, prep work for a bridge and a temporary bridge installed.”

sabsteak January 1, 2010

“My dentist doesn't use sedation so he prescribed 2mg lorazepam the night before, 1 in the morning and 1 an hour before my tooth extractions!! It worked wonders. I'm terrified of dentists by the way. I also was prescribed this same dosing for a closed machine MRI, it was very effective. I also use 1 mg for anxiety (panic attacks). It is a bit less effective - I'd give it a 7 out of 10 for that use.”

carlijo · Taken for less than 1 month January 26, 2014

Ativan (lorazepam): “I was having dental work done & he gave me Ativan & I was so glad he did. I did not feel a thing until the medicine wore off.”

Anonymous April 14, 2011

Ativan (lorazepam): “Today I had some very severe back pain and after trying some other medications that did not work well at all, they gave me i.v. Ativan and the spasms stopped almost immediately.”

Anonymous January 15, 2011

Ativan (lorazepam): “I was given Ativan during a small procedure and it worked okay. I didn't feel anything ...just a had a bit of a hangover after the procedure.”

Anniebugs April 1, 2008

“I'm taking Lorazepam 2mg every 6 hrs as needed for pain. This has worked wonderfully for me with no side effects. I'm on this medication ONLY until my surgery pain goes away.”