User Reviews for Lorazepam to treat Sedation

Also known as: Ativan

Lorazepam Rating Summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 30 medications used in the treatment of Sedation.

Reviews for Lorazepam

" Works okay for sleep but did nothing for psychotic agitation for me. I refused it but unfortunately, I was under a section so they injected me, 3 hours later I'm still wide awake."

moadej (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam): "52 year old diagnosed with ovarian cancer in July 2016. Received chest mediport in August and went through 12 weeks of chemo. Only side effects were constipation from chemo and sleepless nights from Dedcadron. While these steroids made me feel strong and allow me to work while taking chemo they also keep me wired at night. Only on those days of chemo I would take 1 mg of Ativan at night. So blessed to get some much needed rest and was at work by 6:00 ready for my work day. Feeling rested and getting that quality sleep is very vital when fighting this disease and taking chemo. I just had IP port surgically implanted into abdomen today. Staring next 3 cycles of IP chemo after having surgery December 8th.Ativan has helped me, no side effects."

FightingANDWILLWin January 11, 2017

"I have been prescribed lorazepam since I was first diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder Type II with Anxiety 6 years ago. I have been taking it on and off for 6 years. I take on average a 0.5 mg pill a day (usually before bed) and have not had any problems with addiction, side effects, etc. It really helps me fall asleep and feel relaxed when I am stressed out. Also works well for extreme irritability. I would definitely recommend this medication."

BipolarGirl31 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 20, 2016

"Used for prep sedation..4mg slept for 4hrs.complete amnesia"

Georgiagirl65 November 11, 2015

Lorazepam Intensol (lorazepam): "Very helpful for short term treatment of anxiety and insomnia. I found I only needed to take half dose to have a good nights sleep and to feel calm the next day. Such a relief after 2 years cancer treatment left me very tired and anxious. Only problem is the doctors don't like it to be used other than for short term."

charlie 2 November 1, 2014

Lorazepam Intensol (lorazepam): "Very calming to my anxiety"

Alk3whit March 13, 2014

Lorazepam Intensol (lorazepam): "Works great"

Titian 1 (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 21, 2013

"Lorazepam 1mg was very effective before I had my gall bladder out. The anxiety and panic was gone. I do take it before my kids get home from school too. It helps me tremendously with my stress, panic, and anxiety. "

marcieof3 September 27, 2011

Ativan (lorazepam): "Just not strong enough, Klonopin or Xanax or really any other benzodiazepines, works better."

oxyaaron December 21, 2010

"I have (had) a severe needle phobia. I got really sick and was often given high doses of Ativan while in the hospital, that exposure to needles did help a little bit. Now I need to get my blood tested often. I used to take three or four 0.5mg pills before getting my blood taken and with family member support was able to have blood taken with little drama. I would usually fall asleep for several hours after. I have been able to work my way down to one 0.5mg pill when I get blood taken and after a half hour nap I am fine. I would not take this day to day for anxiety because of the drowsiness, I also don't feel it is necessary for me. Ativan has been wonderful helping me get over my phobia."

Anonymous May 7, 2010

Ativan (lorazepam): "Very good"

Anonymous January 24, 2010

Ativan (lorazepam): "Ativan was prescribed to me for severe anxiety. I took 2mg one to two times daily. I took the medication for two months. I however, DID NOT follow the advise of my doctor and quit cold turkey. It was five days of hell for me. I did not sleep AT ALL, I had panic attacks, trouble breathing, and severe sweating for two more weeks when I did start sleeping again. The medication was very helpful but when I quit the side effects were just about unbearable. My advice is use this medication with caution and follow doctor instructions to the latter."

Anonymous December 5, 2009

Ativan (lorazepam): "Ativan is the best drug ever prescribed to me. I take 2 mg twice a day. It calms me during the day and at night I sleep like a baby. There are no side effects when you wake as well."

extacy November 14, 2009

Ativan (lorazepam): "Ativan has been a God send for me during these stressful times. It has helped me sleep better and has helped with my anxiety because of the stress I'm under. My doctor has prescribed 1mg x 2 a day as needed and that seems like the perfect dose for me. I also use pain medicines for prior spine surgery and have had no problem with this medication."

trieded November 5, 2009