User Reviews for Lorazepam to treat Sedation

Also known as: Ativan, Ativan Injection, Lorazepam Intensol

Lorazepam has an average rating of 6.7 out of 10 from a total of 19 ratings for the treatment of Sedation. 53% of those users who reviewed Lorazepam reported a positive effect, while 21% reported a negative effect.

Lorazepam Rating Summary

6.7/10 average rating

Compare all 23 medications used in the treatment of Sedation.

Reviews for Lorazepam

Connie · Taken for less than 1 month March 13, 2021

“Was given 2mg lorazepam prior to tooth extraction and bone graft. They said I'd be really out if it for hours and need a ride home, etc. Didn't feel a thing. Really annoying. I told the perio's assistant afterwards that I hadn't felt any sedation and she said "well you came through fine anyways". So rude. I was tense and digging my nails into my palm. It made me wonder if someone at the pharmacy had switched pills or something. They aren't using nitrous oxide because of covid. That is what works, not lorazepam”

Lanarturo613 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 28, 2020

“This medicine lorazepam has helped me so much I have been put on dozens of antipsychotics which give me akathesia was started on lorazepam pretty late and the first time I took it I thought it was a miracle I was able to stop thinking for a few minutes. I have constant obsessive and intrusive thoughts constantly and this medicine I think has saved my life only problem is taking it too much and the effects start to get weaker and weaker.”

Bettylou22 October 30, 2020

“Night one took half a lorazepam and a few hours later I woke and took another half. Woke up decent in the morning. Tonight I said I’ll take the whole thing at once. I totally feel crazy. And I’m awake but exhausted hours until it kicked in”

charlie 2 November 1, 2014

Lorazepam Intensol (lorazepam): “Very helpful for short term treatment of anxiety and insomnia. I found I only needed to take half dose to have a good nights sleep and to feel calm the next day. Such a relief after 2 years cancer treatment left me very tired and anxious. Only problem is the doctors don't like it to be used other than for short term.”

Anonymous December 5, 2009

Ativan (lorazepam): “Ativan was prescribed to me for severe anxiety. I took 2mg one to two times daily. I took the medication for two months. I however, DID NOT follow the advise of my doctor and quit cold turkey. It was five days of hell for me. I did not sleep AT ALL, I had panic attacks, trouble breathing, and severe sweating for two more weeks when I did start sleeping again. The medication was very helpful but when I quit the side effects were just about unbearable. My advice is use this medication with caution and follow doctor instructions to the latter.”

FightingANDWILLWin January 11, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam): “52 year old diagnosed with ovarian cancer in July 2016. Received chest mediport in August and went through 12 weeks of chemo. Only side effects were constipation from chemo and sleepless nights from Dedcadron. While these steroids made me feel strong and allow me to work while taking chemo they also keep me wired at night. Only on those days of chemo I would take 1 mg of Ativan at night. So blessed to get some much needed rest and was at work by 6:00 ready for my work day. Feeling rested and getting that quality sleep is very vital when fighting this disease and taking chemo. I just had IP port surgically implanted into abdomen today. Staring next 3 cycles of IP chemo after having surgery December 8th.Ativan has helped me, no side effects.”

fusebird · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 12, 2020

Ativan (lorazepam): “agree with post above - xanax or klonopin are similar and stronger; will get the job done better. and Klonopin is probably the better than xanax; many reports show x is more addictive but k is more effective. ”

trieded November 5, 2009

Ativan (lorazepam): “Ativan has been a God send for me during these stressful times. It has helped me sleep better and has helped with my anxiety because of the stress I'm under. My doctor has prescribed 1mg x 2 a day as needed and that seems like the perfect dose for me. I also use pain medicines for prior spine surgery and have had no problem with this medication.”

BipolarGirl31 · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 20, 2016

“I have been prescribed lorazepam since I was first diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder Type II with Anxiety 6 years ago. I have been taking it on and off for 6 years. I take on average a 0.5 mg pill a day (usually before bed) and have not had any problems with addiction, side effects, etc. It really helps me fall asleep and feel relaxed when I am stressed out. Also works well for extreme irritability. I would definitely recommend this medication.”

mr robot · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 13, 2019

“Was a little bit euphoric at the beginning, but this went away fast. Now, only sedation, just pure sedation - you want to do nothing, you can't concentrate or in particular, you don't have the will to do something. It will waste your time, so, stop it.”

Anonymous May 7, 2010

“I have (had) a severe needle phobia. I got really sick and was often given high doses of Ativan while in the hospital, that exposure to needles did help a little bit. Now I need to get my blood tested often. I used to take three or four 0.5mg pills before getting my blood taken and with family member support was able to have blood taken with little drama. I would usually fall asleep for several hours after. I have been able to work my way down to one 0.5mg pill when I get blood taken and after a half hour nap I am fine. I would not take this day to day for anxiety because of the drowsiness, I also don't feel it is necessary for me. Ativan has been wonderful helping me get over my phobia.”

marcieof3 September 27, 2011

“Lorazepam 1mg was very effective before I had my gall bladder out. The anxiety and panic was gone. I do take it before my kids get home from school too. It helps me tremendously with my stress, panic, and anxiety. ”

extacy November 14, 2009

Ativan (lorazepam): “Ativan is the best drug ever prescribed to me. I take 2 mg twice a day. It calms me during the day and at night I sleep like a baby. There are no side effects when you wake as well.”

Alk3whit March 13, 2014

Lorazepam Intensol (lorazepam): “Very calming to my anxiety”

Titian 1 · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 21, 2013

Lorazepam Intensol (lorazepam): “Works great”

oxyaaron December 21, 2010

Ativan (lorazepam): “Just not strong enough, Klonopin or Xanax or really any other benzodiazepines, works better.”

Anonymous January 24, 2010

Ativan (lorazepam): “Very good”

Georgiagirl65 November 11, 2015

“Used for prep sedation..4mg slept for 4hrs.complete amnesia”

moadej · Taken for less than 1 month February 7, 2018

“ Works okay for sleep but did nothing for psychotic agitation for me. I refused it but unfortunately, I was under a section so they injected me, 3 hours later I'm still wide awake.”

Learn more about Sedation