User Reviews for Lorazepam (Page 3)

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

ICU Agitation

Summary of Lorazepam reviews 8.1 772 reviews

Reviews for Lorazepam

Jim · Taken for less than 1 month November 30, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Got on this after a nervous breakdown due to my mom nearly died and my job announced they were closing. I started having my heart skip beats which sent me spiralling into about two weeks of severe insomnia, depression, and panic. When I went to my doctor in tears he prescribed me Ativan. That night I finally slept.. and I kept taking 0.5mg for a week. I then began to improve so I began to taper to 0.25 mg and the second day on it I had withdrawal symptoms of a headache, panic, and nausea. The symptoms lasted 2 days and have finally subsided. I plan to taper again after another week. This medicine works wonders but you need to have an exit strategy fast."

Jim · Taken for less than 1 month November 29, 2018

For Anxiety: "Was prescribed this after a nervous breakdown left me with severe insomnia for 2 weeks leading to daily panic attacks and severe depression. I took 0.5mg at night and finally passed out. I still had some residual anxiety for a few days but I was able to cope. Now after 7 days of 0.5mg at night I started to taper off to 0.25mg per night to get off of the med and am experiencing minor withdrawals. Last night I had nausea and anxiety attacks leading to some sleep loss. I plan to fight through it at 0.25mg per night for the next 4 days then do down to 0.125mg for a week then stop... Be careful on this stuff, it works wonders, but make sure you have an exit in mind. I am frightened to think of how the withdrawal would be had I not started tapering so soon."

Emmy November 29, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I've been on 0.5mg of ativan. This is my second day. It instantly started helping me overall in every way. But I get real tired, but thats OK. I'll deal with that. I've never been on a nerve medicine before. I simply love it. It has turned a light on in my brain. I feel great and can handle things so much better. Its great."

frankedison677 · Taken for less than 1 month November 27, 2018

For Anxiety: "I did use this medicine for a week but I wasn't satisfied with the results "

EJK · Taken for less than 1 month November 13, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Yes, it will stop panic attacks, but good luck coming off it. I was having severe anxiety after a bad spell of taking Lexapro, which made my anxiety worse and gave me constant panic attacks, so my doctor had me taking .5 mg three times a day. I was so grateful to have some relief that I didn't question the dose, but the more I read about dependence, the more nervous I became. I started tapering off it after only a month and I thought I was going to die. Hallucinating, insomnia where I didn't sleep for days, couldn't keep down solid food, crippling depression and agoraphobia...it was a nightmare and I was contemplating checking in to a hospital. I eventually transitioned to buspirone and eventually Pristiq. Such a nightmare. I can't recommend Ativan to anyone who may be sensitive to benzos."

DaniGirlManhattanNY November 8, 2018

For Not Listed / Other: "THIS GOES OUT TO WORRIED DAUGHTER. I hope you are able to see this message. By the way I’m a daughter too. An only child. You are going through exactly what I went through with my Mother. Quick insight for you on my mother. She is 65yrs old. My father died 4 years ago. My mother’s primary care doctor gave her Xanax as my father was going through his first fight with cancer. She felt stronger to deal with everything working, caring for him etc. Then slowly I seen a gradual change Then comes the fear chest pains as if an elephant was on her chest. She is also a bad asthmatic coughing spells It came to emergency a few times. Finally I figured out a way for her to get ridthese medications. Now I don’t know where you live. provide information that is needed. It sounds like she has to slowly change her medication. Without withdrawals or the least amount possible. I‘ve been were you are. I know how you feel I’m so luckily and blessed. I want to share my knowledge with you."

JesseP · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 6, 2018

For Insomnia: "I've had various meds over the past 31 years, on and off, for anxiety, insomnia & depression. I've suffered two bereavements this year - one of them was my mom. Lorazepam was my saving grace. I have 1 b4 bed and 1b4 lunch if during a day too if I feel anxiety getting to fever pitch. Works really well & I still function at work etc. You can certainly come off it but always under your Doctor's direction. Little by little. You may feel a bit bad as your body and brain adapt. Sort of anxiety/insomnia symptoms as side effects. They do lessen. You can do it. I did. And I have the willpower of a cushion !! Good luck."

johnAnon · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 31, 2018

For Insomnia: "As with all benzos and opiates.. this drug was amazing at first. Solved all my problems.. then became a big problem. A problem worse then the one I initially had. Trust me, be careful.. after a benzo withdrawal you will be begging for the little bit of insomnia that started this in the first place. Whatever you do.. do not view this medication or any benzo as a means of maintaining or managing your condition.. it's a bandaid.. and any long term use should be done only as a last resort."

worried daughter October 27, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "1st time sharing a story or review but I just think this is so important to talk about and let others know. My mother is only 60 years old and has been suffering from depression and anxiety and also panic attacks for about 15 years. 3 months ago my dad pass away so my mom had a breakdown and ever since has been crying complaining about pain on her chest....palpitations...suicidal thoughts. The antidepressant she is taking doesn't seem to help her at all. So we took her to the hospital because we don't know how to help her. No medication helps for her, only ativan is the medication that makes all the above go away ..but doctor doesn't want to prescribe it to her."

nyzki · Taken for less than 1 month October 26, 2018

For Anxiety: "I was hospitalized with Pneumonia and was having very severe anxiety issues. I was having horrible tremors that would not stop. The first time I was put on a antianxiety drug it was buspar. That was a bad mistake. I went to the ER with such horrible tremors that I was put on Lorazapam to control my tremors. I was given a 2mg dosage which worked like a charm to control them. I have only been on them since the tenth of October. when I saw my PCP recently he was worried about them not being affective enough . So he upped the Dosage to .05 I took my first dose today. Within hrs of taking this I was shaking so badly that it scared me. I called the on call doctor at my clinic and was told to go back to the 2 mg dose. I did just that. I feel a little more under control now. But I will never use that high a dose again. On Monday I am going to give him a earful of what happened when he decided to do this. I am not so sure that I want to stay on antianxiety meds after this."

Leo88 · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 20, 2018

For Anxiety: "Lorazepam saved me. At my worst it was the only thing that kept me being able to function. 2 months ago I had some form of a breakdown and began suffering severe panic/anxiety attacks. During that time I've managed to go to work, look after my kids, socialise etc. there is no doubt in my mind that if it wasn't for lorazepam I would have spent the past 2 months in bed. I take it as I need it - sometimes nothing, sometimes up to 2mgs a day. Only side effects have been headaches and (when I don't use it for a few days) very vivid dreams. Using other therapies to manage my situation also."

LadyBlue October 11, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for : "I was given ativan for anxiety due to TMJ (temporomandibular disorder) chronic pain. It ended up taking away the pain itself. However, being in the mental health field, I'm well aware of the addictive qualities of this drug.. I was appalled at how quickly I was put on 1mg/day for 3 weeks and given a renewed prescription without question every time I went in. Users must beware of the high addictiveness and that it can take years to taper off this medication and years for the brain to return to a normal state. Severe withdrawal can cause psychosis, depression, seizures and death, and rebound symptoms are very common even at low doses (rebound symptoms is when you go off or taper down the medication, you experience a worsening of the condition it was intended to treat in the first place). If you've been prescribed this by your GP, please do your research and talk to a specialist about it and follow their advice. Benzodiazepines have ruined many lives and are still continuously over-prescribed."

Tree October 10, 2018

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I have taken Ativan off and on for about 5 years. I take 2 mg a couple of hours before bed. (6ish). I have nightmares from past abuse (severe adolescent abuse, smothered by a family a member, neglected). I'm 36 yr old female who had been diagnosed with BPD and PTSD. I only take Ativan. It helps. Tolerance does build up every few weeks I cut my doses, taper, and readjust. This medicine works for me and my mental health."

K · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 9, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I am the 1% of people who take Ativan and suffer from extreme anxiety and paranoia. If you experience these symptoms you are NOT alone, but you should stop taking the medication (with help of a doctor) . Once I stopped taking it I felt so much better and was not paranoid or filled with anxiety."

Lindsay · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 9, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Ativan works for me. Diazepam does not."

Scoob · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 2, 2018

For Insomnia: "Works really well for me if only used a few times a week, as tolerance can build quickly. Almost no morning grogginess. I use 1 mg if I wake up and can't get back to sleep."

sharon · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 22, 2018

For Anxiety: "I have had anxiety and depression real bad for 7 months. Was prescribed venlafaxine and lorazepam. Venlafaxine was increased every two weeks till I was on the higher dosage, but it did not work. Now on Sertraline 150mg, have been using 1 month no difference yet. Lorazepam I was on 1mg once daily and it was great I felt normal, then it started to be less effective so was told take 2 a day. Now it is less effective again as I am tolerant to it, I know I am addicted to it but I need help to get through this. I am tired of the anxiety and crying all the time."

Newk · Taken for less than 1 month September 16, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I was prescribed this to take prior to a MRI. I had been taking Klonopin for my anxiety which is more slow acting so thought I would try this. It immediately calmed me down before the MRI and I felt good after. I spoke with my PCP about trying this instead of Klonopin and she was ok with that at 1 mg twice a day as needed. The first week was fine and then during week two I was having a lot of panic attacks, chest tightness and insomnia. I suffer from MS so never sure what is MS related or anxiety caused problems. I have decided to go back to the Klonopin. It doesn't kick in as fast but lasts much longer and I feel much better on it."

JohnnyR · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 14, 2018

For Panic Disorder: "I always keep a pill or two in my pocket in case of a panic attack. I first try to calm myself down - if that doesn't work I take 0.5 to 1mg of sublingual Lorazepam and the panic attack goes away in a matter of minutes (usually 10 minutes). Also helped me getting sleepy when I would get anxiety attacks before going to bed and couldn't keep calm. It may be habit-inducing, however in some cases it is necessary. It is the best solution when nothing else seems to help. In my opinion it's the best benzodiazepine for panic attacks."

Minnie · Taken for 10 years or more September 12, 2018

Lorazepam Intensol (lorazepam) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I’ve been using lorazepam for 22 years. I get a prescription of 60 pills 0.5 mg. at a time. I take around 10 pills per month and only when I absolutely need it. I use them for my fear of vomiting and the anxiety I get at times due to this fear. It has been a godsend for me. You cannot drink alcohol with this medicine. I have taken it hours after I’ve drank because alcohol gives me anxiety and nausea."

Bai · Taken for less than 1 month September 9, 2018

For Anxiety: "Started this almost a month ago. GAD, PTSD. I was on Xanax 9 years 1 mg daily worked amazing. Dr said had to get of so I did. Wasn’t bad getting off took lexapro and had no bad withdrawals. Dr then put me on this ativan 0.5 a day. Good for anxiety but I’m so tired all day long. I could sit and fall asleep. When it comes to night time I take half ambian to help me fall asleep because by then activan wears off."

Mr. Anxiety · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 4, 2018

For Panic Disorder: "Ativan is an amazing drug. It saved my life. I had my first ever panic attack one year ago. It landed me in the emergency room, and the doc gave me 1mg. Ever since then I take it maybe once a week. 0.5mg is great for the feeling of anxiety. I use 1mg and a bath if I have a panic attack. The bath is because water helps me calm down (it’s actually scientific haha). Only issue is it can be habit forming. Hence why I only take it when I absolutely need to. Other than that, it works just as well as Xanax or Valium."

Ridzza · Taken for less than 1 month August 31, 2018

For Insomnia: "This is my second night. My Dr prescribed me with 1mg but it didn't seem to work. So then he said to increase to 2mg. I had good night sleep on the 1st night at 2mg.. But on the second night after 2 pills of 1mg I still wide awake."

Nina August 29, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Great medication for anxiety! Helps me survive."

Stevie D · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 26, 2018

For Anxiety: "Usually only take it when work gets stressful as I get really bad insomnia due to that fact. I've been taking 0.5mg for roughly 4 years now as needed, never experience any super negative side effects from it thus far. I would definitely recommend this medication for those who only experience certain bouts of anxiety from time to time, but wouldn't rely on this medication to subside your anxiety on a long term basis."