User Reviews for Lorazepam (Page 3)

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

ICU Agitation 1.0
Summary of Lorazepam reviews 8.0 865 reviews

Reviews for Lorazepam

Andy · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 24, 2019

For Anxiety: “Ativan is really good when you’re having a Panic attack or you feel like one is about to come on, it works quick so within 20 minutes you should feel calm and back to your “normal” ways. The issue with it is that you start becoming dependent on it, meaning it works so well that you start convincing yourself you need to take it going into any situation and not using it for what it’s meant to be used for which is what I mentioned above. What eventually ends up happening is that when you are not on it you are anxiety and panic gets 100 times worse than when you previously started taking it. I literally became one anxiety machine, got dizzy, nauseous and felt sick all the time without it. Once I stopped taking them everything went back to normal, this drug in my opinion is dangerous! Stay away from it unless you’re TRULY having a panic attack.”

ElectraTen · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 16, 2019

For Anxiety: “lorazepam has saved my life of numerous occasions. When I’m doing all the things I should be to look after myself yet I still become completely overwhelmed, past the point of no return- to the point where my brain is mostly all nasty and mostly thinks about suicide- then even half a tablet makes the world of difference. The anxiety literally melts away and I’m able to start again and begin the looking after myself process again. I also like that I can use take it when I need and I don’t have to take regular SSRI medications which all made things worse for me and whose side effects were unbearable. At low dosages I have no side effects with lorazepam at higher dosages I lose balance or trip over things easier and can me forgetful and very sleepy.”

mitch December 14, 2019

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: “I literally took one dose of 1.5 mg's of lorazepam after being prescribed the drug for panic attacks and anxiety. It worked for the panic attack, but since that 1st dose I haven't slept in 3 days. Reflecting on it now I would have rather just gone through the full on panic attack. This drug is no joke”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 12, 2019

For Anxiety: “I take Ativan and Lexapro. Lexapro works amazing for depression. And Ativan seemed to change my personality. I’m actually more comfortable in my skin! People like the new me too. Imagine being able to be yourself, sleeping better (weird dreams though), and anxiety diminished.”

Tom · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 11, 2019

For Cervical Dystonia: “I have CD, tried all the different Botox’s, Botox A works best for me and which Dr injects, but lorazepam has always helped with my anxiety and Dystonia if I can get it prescribed to me. But Zolpidem 10 mg taken in half gives me full relief for 3-4 hrs per dose with no Botox injections, full range of motion. The hard part is getting it prescribed or the prescription from the pharmacy. Insurance finally pays for 4 doses, 2 pills a day, really need 5 to 6 doses a day, have been doing this treatment for 1 yr + off label and is working for spasms and some anxiety issues, thanks for your time.”

Jake · Taken for 10 years or more December 11, 2019

For Insomnia: “My shrink has had me on Lorazapam for approx 10 years, 4Mg a night before sleep. I have Bi-Polar disorder, anxiety, and depression, Now have Parkinsons Disease, plus many other things, I am 72 years old, male. I want to quit because my Parkinsons Dr want me to start taking Serequel, but I heard getting off of Lorazapam can be horrible?? ”

Debisue November 25, 2019

For Insomnia: “Please be careful using Benzos. I found 1 mg at night was very effective for severe insomnia although it only gave me 4 hrs of sleep. I stopped suddenly after taking it every night for 2 months. Fell asleep one night without taking it and woke up at 2am feeling sick with my heart racing /pounding like a drum in my ears. This happened 3 times over the next 12 hrs. Never had anything like it in my life & felt very ill. Saw a sleep Specialist who said “that’s addiction & withdrawal”. So I tapered off the dose over 2 months and stopped taking completely. To avoid withdrawal now I take . 75 mg Lorazepam 4 nights and then at least 4 nights off taking Zopiclone or nothing at all. This regiment works for me and I’m getting some nights with no drugs thank God.”

Ray · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 17, 2019

For Anxiety: “Everyone let me completely honest. When I first started this medicine it was a life saver, until I realized my life was starting to surround whether I had the medicine or not. When I didn’t have it, I got very very sick. Throwing up, sweating, nausea, tremors all that. Basically withdrawing. So I did what I had to , to always have it. I am weaning myself off with the help of my doctor. Your body gets dependent on this. Don’t start it please. It’s not worth it. And I have horrible anxiety but it’s still not worth being a slave to a drug. It’s other things that help but not that! Please stay away!”

dicky · Taken for less than 1 month November 13, 2019

For Insomnia: “4mg Lorazepam + 6mg prazosin + 150mg hydroxozine... DOES NOTHING FOR MY INSOMNIA - I'm wide awake. My VA doctors are worthless and so are these meds. The system is broken for combat vets with real problems. They only care if you have the "sniffles" and OOOOOH better get yor Flu-shot. I haven't had a flu shot in 20 years and I've spent 11 of those in Iraq and Afghanistan.. still haven't been sick since 2006. ”

Krandsten November 9, 2019

For Insomnia: “I started taken lorazepam 15 yrs ago. I was having severe panic attacks driving myself to E.R. several times !! Not sleep for literally 3 days Then with great reluctance one night in E.R. for the one hundredth time in full blown panicky. Th RN gave me this tiny white pill. I held it in my hand for an hour scared to take it. But man am I glad I did. I have been taking 1 mg Lorazepam for 15 yrs they work great. 30 pills lasts me 4 to 5 weeks I have never increased dosage and they work GREAT!! A little groggy in the morning but so what better then not sleeping for days and full blown panic. I do go 48 hrs sometimes without taking one or take one then day off then another. Cause everyone says thy are highly addictive. But I also take one everyday for months These things saved my life and I will take one everyday or every other on occasion for the rest of my life!! My Dr. Said DO NOT LET FEAR of addiction stop you from taking one.”

Jay · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 4, 2019

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: “I was prescribed Ativan after I was catatonic when I had a psychotic episode. It helped with my anxiety. I had never had any withdrawals and I used it as prescribed.”

SaraCee · Taken for 10 years or more October 31, 2019

For Panic Disorder: “I have been taking this drug off and on for over 15 years and it has saved my life. When I was first diagnosed with anxiety, over 15 years ago, I was prescribed an antidepressant and Ativan to use if I have a panic attack. I was so unequipped to deal with the onset of an attack and it helped me tremendously in times of need. At the worst times of my life I was taking 0.5-1.0 three to four times a day. I was taking it regularly for over a year. I never had withdrawal symptoms and think it’s a disservice to people to scare them away from using it for fear of addiction. I had such terrible anxiety that had I not had this medication I don’t think I would have survived this time. I now carry it as a safety everywhere I go but haven’t used it for over a year.”

Hs · Taken for less than 1 month October 30, 2019

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: “This is by far the scariest experience I have EVER had with a drug. Ativan immediately took the anxiety away but the after effects were horrible. I took it intermittently for 2 weeks and then noticed when I didn't take it consistently my anxiety was 100 percent worse. I was crawling out of my skin and so irritable. I also had uncontrollable muscle shaking and memory problems. This drug is very dangerous for some people. I'll stick to cognitive behavioral therapy.”

Smile 23 October 23, 2019

For Anxiety: “This medicine is such a life saver 0.5mg morning and 0.5mg evening before bed added to an anti depressant cymbalta 90mg and Aripiprazole 5mg. My relative came out of a deep depression and anxiety after one day of trying lorazepam, after 7months of struggling with different kinds of anti deprepressants, Do not stop cymbalta lf its working for you you will regret the withdrawal effects are horrible and after a while the relapse is horrible. Lorazepam for anxiety is just perfect, definitely recommend but start at the, lowest dose esp if you want to add it to an antidepressant and same time every day. The side effect they complained lack of energy after waking up but that was just after 3 days of taking it”

Miss K · Taken for less than 1 month October 21, 2019

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: “I had been having extreme anxiety and panic attacks for 4 or 5 days and didn’t feel like I could handle them on my own anymore. I went to the ER and they gave me Ativan to calm down. I’m not sure what the dosage was but it was in pill form. At that point I had been crying non stop for 3 hours as I was very scared and my heart was beating very fast. Within half an hour or so I could feel the medication working as it took the edge off of my anxiety. When I went home I immediately fell asleep and stayed asleep. I also hadn’t been sleeping well so that was a relief. It worked really well for me, but I only took it at the ER and haven’t taken it consecutively as a prescription. The only downside was I felt very groggy and foggy the next couple of days, but that could be attributed to exhaustion. Overall it really helped me a lot.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 18, 2019

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: “Ativan amplified anxiety so bad I could not stop vomiting.”

Jr · Taken for 10 years or more October 17, 2019

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: “I like Ativan better than valium but not xanax be careful on any benzodiazepines. They will mess with your brain up cause memory loss. I've been on them for 20 years. No way can I go off them now. I'm screwed. I tried twice and went insane. I kicked a 4 year opiate addiction with the help of suboxone and that was hard. Kicking benzos makes kicking opiates like candy. Trust me benzodiazepines are dangerous. My Dr never warned me of the addiction until I switched drugs. About 5 years in. Isn't that nice? I live with them they keep me calm. I have very bad anxiety but knowing what I know now I would have took a shot of vodka a couple times a day. I'm not a drinker but it beats the side effects of benzos. Moderation is the key.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 14, 2019

For Insomnia: “I took lorazepam about three nights in a row and each time It did not help me sleep at all which was very disappointing but it did help with my anxiety at least.”

Restless · Taken for less than 1 month October 10, 2019

For Anxiety: “Lorazepam Doctor gave me this at the hospital to deal with anxiety. Got a prescription for 8 tablets. I took the first tablet the following night and that was the worst night of my life. I was dreaming while awake, afraid to sleep for fear I will die in my sleep, having to use the fan in the winter because I was hot. Took 3 more tablets at different times and same negative results. Sleepless with my heart pounding I took a spoonful of Buckley's which calmed me down and I was able to sleep. Meantime I flushed the other 4 tablets down the drain. I now do my Buckley routine every time I am having anxiety. I will rather be addicted to Buckley's.”

Star · Taken for 10 years or more October 7, 2019

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: “I've been taken Ativan since 2008 for the last five years I went up from 2 mg a day to 3mg I want to get off this drug because I feel my brain is cloudy. I went to my doctor and he gave me a schedule how to wean off but his schedule is not working for me I've been trying to wean off for the last 2 weeks and I finally got down to 2 mg today I feel a lot of anxiety and I had to take another half milligram the calm me down. Does anyone have any suggestions do I need to go to a hospital I have no family to help me ?”

Tom S. October 3, 2019

For Status Epilepticus: “I have seizures and afterwards it leaves my brain utterly scrambled. It can take weeks before I feel normal. My doctor prescribed ativan taken as needed to help me relax postictal (after seizure). I had no idea how addictive it was but when I discovered how much it helped me fall asleep I started taking 1mg every night. It wasn't until I tried to stop that I realized how addicted my body had become. Been taking 1mg a night for years. Earlier this year I had a bad seizure that took weeks to recover from and was taking x2 day which left me 14 short. When I went to refill it the pharmacy refused because it was too early. I ended up in the ER. I have never felt the pain of withdrawals before, it was enough to make me decide to stop. Been tapering for a couple months, Just tapered down to .25 mg a night. So far no big issues. A week after each taper I've been taking melatonin to help me sleep. I think that has helped. I would advise people stay away from benzos. Like me one day you may be cut off.”

Sadnanxious October 2, 2019

For Insomnia: “I have suffered from anxiety, insomnia and restless leg syndrome for over 15 years. I was lucky to have started on ativan .5 twice a day back then and it has helped me tremendously. However on the 12th of Sept my big brother, age 55 committed suicide unfortunately. And .5 was worthless for that. So dr. Just raised it to 1g 3x's a day. And tonight it still hasn't been helping. I just hope I get some sleep soon”

Kate September 30, 2019

For Anxiety: “I have severe depression and until I see a head doctor so to speak I am taking Lorazepam for anxiety I loath Valium and Xanax ! I've been on too many anti depressants and they did not work ! My MD put me on Abilify however I haven't started them yet ! I would like to try TMS treatments but the office is far from my house so having said that so far Lorazepam has made me actually fall asleep during the day ! I NEVER NAP during the day ! Thank you for giving me this opportunity to express myself”

Angler Lee · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 23, 2019

For Anxiety: “My psych doctor switched me from 3 mg. diazepam/day to 0.5-1 mg lorazepam/day to help with near constant anxiety issues that peak in social situations due to a very severe lifelong hearing loss that has been corrected as much as possible with aids. I had been on the diazepam off and on for nearly 40 years for anxiety and Meniere's Disease and she had me switch because of lorazepam's shorter half life, important as I move into my late 60's. This med has helped me significantly with my social anxiety and with my anxiety in general. Although I realize I am on a pretty low dose (max of 1 mg daily..), I still try to take as little as needed to address my symptoms. Often, I am able to get by with as little as .5 to .75 total for the day. I believe this is important to do as I am also a recovering alcoholic with over 20 years sobriety. So, I'm pretty careful..”

becky · Taken for 10 years or more September 22, 2019

For Insomnia: “I have been using this med for sleep, now, for about 30 years, believe it or not. Started on it with anxiety attacks and continued on it for lack of sleep. I take 1 mg. every nite and that is it. There are a few nites when it doesn't work, but for the most part, I am sound asleep within 1/hr. I should take it earlier, but I take it about 10:30 or so, read, turn off the lite and am soon asleep. I am somewhat sleepy still during the day, but that's better than being exhausted for days on end for lack of sleep.”