User Reviews for Zofran

Nausea/Vomiting, Radiation Induced 3 reviews 5 medications

6.5
Summary of Zofran reviews 138 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Zofran

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced "Could not tolerate this drug during chemo rx Hated it prescribed for thee cycles of my red devil chemo treatment It caused paranoia constipation which caused increased vomiting and also probably added to the chemonesia issues Zophran Was replaced by Emend and i had 180 degree different drug and had no issues whatsoever Zophran interferes with serotonin in the brain"

Susan from NC (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 1, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "Wouldn't know...got charged $40 for 2 days' worth, which I just can't afford."

HDGGF (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "I have crohns disease, emetephobia & i also take quite a few pain meds for chronic pain all of which make me extremely nauseous so i suffer nausea allooot! Ondansetron is a life safer for me i take 4 mg every 8-12hrs on a good day some days i take 8mg if its really bad! Ive been taking it daily for nearly 6 months and it is still as affective as the first time i took it! I live in the uk so am fortunate that i dont have too pay eye watering prices. Id reccomend too anybody its brilliant"

Bethy-Bee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 27, 2016

For Gastroenteritis "Spent a week vomiting and with diarrhea. Couldn't keep anything down and was getting worse instead of better. I ended up driving to the ER with a vomit bag to my face trying not to crap myself. When they gave me the Zofran, I felt better in 5 minutes and was able to eat a little plain chicken and rice with broth a couple hours later. I didn't realize just much nausea I had until the whole room suddenly stopped waving. Slept better than I have in a long time and this morning I didn't throw up! Crackers and Gatorade for breakfast! Every 6 hours and I love this little pill."

Vomitbag June 25, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was given this medicine due to my chronic migranes and I always used to vomit everything up. Zofran works miracles"

Arise Royal June 2, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "Helps me when I'm sick from not taking any pills (I'm an addict)"

Junkie1991 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 18, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced "I had a very long treatment time, 3Xweek, 2 8 hr. sessions with three types of chemo radiation. It was every 3rd week, Wed, Thur, & Fri. Wed/Thur were 8 hr. sessions, Fri, 4 hrs. I was constantly vomiting, morning, noon and night. I took this from the get go, but after about my 2nd session, I threw up a lot in the mornings, or if I coughed too hard even. I know it would have been SO much worse without the Zofran. I think with the amount of treatment I had, both chemo and radiation, to both my chest and to my brain that I was VERY lucky I wasn't more sick, and frankly, I'm lucky to be here at all. Thank you Cancer Treatment center and of course, thank you God!"

Zofran saved me during cancer. May 1, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "I've been dealing with extreme nausea and vomiting for the past 6 months, and it finally got to the point where I couldn't take it anymore and went to the ER. They gave me Zofran through IV and was feeling better in about an hour. After I was released I was on 4 mg every 8 hours and for about a week I was back to my old self. Then things started to go down hill, and they boosted it to 8 mg. Now it doesn't evenwork anymore and makes me more nauseous than I was before. I also got pretty bad constipation and headaches after taking the medication. Not to mention, if you're taking the tablets be ready to handle the taste because it is DISGUSTING."

Mari-Ann18 April 30, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was taking Zofran for awful stomach upset with nausea because one of my other medicines I was on I picked up at pharmacy was a generic new form of medication to treat pain. This new medicine made me very sick. Zofran helped out a lot plus I could take it up to four times per-day. However, I'm also on Lexapro for depression and panic attacks. One day after 2 weeks on these meds I had severe shaking happening to me and I never felt this way before.. Come to find out taking both the Zofran and Lexapro on same day each day was high risk of a drug interaction very severe and I was having the symptoms of a bad interaction. I need to change my lexapro to another type of depression med. But, every depression med is bad with zofran."

ChristineJJ (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "Was very sick from antibiotics and large doses of Prednisone to help with the asthma. Couldn't hold any food down but did take enough water and Gatorade. Kept losing weight and had terrible abdominal cramps with the nausea. Finally saw another Dr after 11 days who prescribed the ZOFRAN and all nausea and cramps totally went away. Finally could start eating again! ZOFRAN was a miracle med for me! !!"

SickF March 21, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "I love this medication, it has made such a difference in my life. I was on the Zofran pump while pregnant for hyperemesis gravidarum, it is the reason I was able to carry my child to term. It is the reason we are both here today. I continue to take Zofran as needed for nausea stemming from complications with fibromyalgia, ibs and celiacs. It can cause constipation from time to time, but that is much easier than nausea and vomiting all the time. It melts quickly and within minutes the nausea is gone."

jap0587 March 8, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "This is such an effective and helpful med. I can't tell you how many times I'd been nauseous and almost immediately got rid of it with the disolvable version. It melts, I wait a few minutes and then it's gone normally."

Natty_R (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 23, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was prescribed zofran because I was constantly nauseous and depressed because of a personal matter. Yes they taste awful but they work 100% of the time! And they work quickly!"

AmyCamille1975 February 10, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "Was given this drug while pregnant for morning sickness. Didn't help at all, gave me a headache and actually made me throw up a few times. My son was also born with a genetic mutation - Epidermal Nevus syndrome which I'm sure is from the Zofran as it is not approved for use during pregnancy. If I could go back in time I would NOT have used this during pregnancy. I was also given this drug several times for gastroenteritis with the same result - headache and increased vomiting. Did not work for me."

Brit29 February 2, 2016

For Gastroenteritis "I have to go into the hospital every two months because I start throwing up and go into a coma state if I do not get IV in me .They gave me Zofran the last time and I was up and good as new in 5 minutes. I will keep this on hand at home for future episodes !"

Belle21 January 31, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "Zofran is a miracle drug! I've had this medication for several years on an as-needed basis. With my IBS and anxiety, I tend to get nauseous easily. Whatever the cause to my nausea may be, Zofran works every single time. Now that its dissolvable it makes it so much easier to take. The relief happens within 20-30 minutes and usually 1 tablet is all I need. I do experience 2 side effects each and every time: a painful headache after the drug wears off (6-8 hours after taken) and constipation (practically nonexistent bowel movements) for 2-3 days. For the headache, OTC migraine meds work best. The constipation isn't bothersome enough to me to treat."

Kaydubs22 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 26, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was sick for a day before I went in and was prescribed zofran. It gave me instant relief to the nausea and vomiting. I was also lucky enough to not get any side effects."

nicknamesonnyboywilliamson (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "This medication worked wonders when I had my hip scope back in May. I only took pain pills to sleep, but when I went to shower and sat down after taking my pills I was so nauseous and took zofran and it worked within 5 minutes! I actually used it for a hangover once and still worked amazingly! Haha "

Anonymous January 1, 2016

For Gastroenteritis "I take this occasionally for nausea due to c-diff. It helps a lot just to take a pinch of the 4mg dissolvable pill."

IckySicky (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 1, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "Sometimes it helps but not always"

Sanster (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting "I have a lot of stomach issue . I can go days without being able to hold anything down. This is the first meds that I can take as much as I need it and it continue to work."

JackieBA (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 20, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced "Sadly, oral Zofran (or at least the generic of it) was not enough to combat my nausea while on GDP. However intravenous zofran along with hydration did help."

Trish one of many December 7, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting, Postoperative "I've been given Zofran pre op and post op for all ten surgeries, including my hysterectomy since I always have nausea and vomiting before/after surgery. I've even got Zofran during ER visits for migraines, gallstones, and ovarian cyst ruptures. This is my go to antimetic and I even have the ODT in my nightstand in case I ever get too nauseous. Amazing drug!"

OodlesOPoodles (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 30, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting "I use ondansetron orally disintegrating tablets that i receive via prescription (8mg). I only use these on rare occasions when i eat badly, eat too much, or am very anxious, thereby making myself sick. It usually kicks in a few hours after i take it. (They are disintegrating but I usually swallow them with water because the taste is unappealing to me, but so far that has not affected its efficiency). Every time as far back as i can recall (and I have been taking this for several years) this medicine has been able to help with my nausea and vomiting. The only times i remember getting sick despite the medicine was when i got upset and cried violently, causing me to throw up. Other than that i don't recall ever throwing up after taking it!"

IBS November 25, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting "Zofran is great for nausea, but watch out for the constipation. I was prescribed 15 8mg tablets last week and have used one tablet a day since then (about 5 days now) and after waiting, walking, drinking copious amounts of water, I am going to need to try a suppository, or laxative, and have my dosage of zofran decreased to 4 mg. Great medication, it DOES give me nausea relief, just something to be prepared for, I know I wasn't."

Me r X (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2015