User Reviews for Zofran

Nausea/Vomiting, Radiation Induced 6.5
Summary of Zofran reviews 8.1 224 reviews

Reviews for Zofran

Dolphin · Taken for less than 1 month June 5, 2020

For Nausea/Vomiting: “I have Acute Gastritis and this medicine makes me feel worse. Too many side effects associated with it. I feel more pain in my stomach, light headed, dizzy and just overall bad. I was starting to feel better before I took this medicine and now I have to wait for it run its course.”

Mule · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 22, 2020

For Nausea/Vomiting: “Zofran is a total waste of medication. Literally does NOTHING for me. Off brand pepto does better. My wife has been given it several times in the hospital for the same thing. No results. Seems like the hospitals try to force this particular nausea medicine first. I’m guessing because it’s cheaper.”

Sunshine April 17, 2020

For Nausea/Vomiting: “I have tried the Zofran dissolvable tablets to help with the nausea & vomiting that comes with my severe chronic migraines, unfortunately they have never been effective for me.”

gwace · Taken for less than 1 month February 6, 2020

For Nausea/Vomiting, Postoperative: “So I was prescribed Zofran when I got my wisdom teeth out! Worked like a CHARM! I also have had this HUGE fear of vomiting, so bad that I’ll work myself up and become so anxious that I feel like I’ll vomit. This little tablet helps a BUNCH!”

heeeee · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 4, 2020

For Nausea/Vomiting: “This stuff is awesome. Works the same way as ginger to counteract nausea. Works super well.”

Pat · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 7, 2020

For Nausea/Vomiting: “I have tried 3 different forms of Zofran on multiple occasions for 2 different reasons, and it has never helped my nausea at all. I have tried it for both my everyday nausea and my migraine nausea, but I would still throw up. I have tried the medication in the forms of: 1. Swallowing the pill 2. Dissolving the tablet in my mouth 3. Getting it pumped into me intravenously (with an IV in the hospital). Zofran just doesn't work on me I guess! It works really well for some people, though.”

Mel · Taken for less than 1 month January 5, 2020

For Nausea/Vomiting: “I've taken this medication other various occasions and honestly it's a life saver. Today I woke up with a stomach bug. I got out of bed and drank a glass of water and not even five minutes later I was bent over the toilet. I laid down and maybe half an hour later again. Within two hours I had taken six horrible, dry heaving, painful and exhausting visits to the bathroom. Finally rushed to the Dr, where it happened one more time before being seen. She quickly gave me one of these and I haven't thrown up or felt nauseous since. I've been able to keep down liquids and solids with ease. I see this medication as a great tool to help me get better faster than expected!”

KPP · Taken for 10 years or more January 4, 2020

For Nausea/Vomiting: “I’ve had a fear of vomiting for years (25+). Found out about this MED when my best friend has hyperemesis while pregnant and it helped her to stop vomiting. I asked my dr if I could get it because I had such horrible anxiety about throwing up. I take zofran 4-8mg when I have bad nausea and anxiety and it seems to help me. I did throw up once after taking it but I think It was because I had worked myself up so much!”

Vh · Taken for less than 1 month December 23, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting: “Day 1 of what the docs think is the flu, first time puking in a long time. Couldn't hold down water or pepto. Was so nauseous I was having dreams that were making it worse. Zofran has kicked my nausea and now I can eat and drink again and therefore take ibuprofen and my flu meds. Holy cheese batman”

zofranreview · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 18, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting: “I have been taking this medication at least once a week for about four years now. I have terrible stomach issues now that I no longer have my gallbladder that cause stomach pain, nausea and no appetite, as well as anxiety that manifests as nausea and stomach pain. I also have a HUGE fear of vomiting. This pill has always worked and kept me from vomiting, but on occasion the nausea sticks around but it’s nothing too terrible. I don’t know what I would do without this medication. It helps me live a normal life. I take 4 mg every 4-6 hours as needed, if it’s a rough day I’ll take 8 mg every 6-8 hours. The only down fall is the side effect of constipation, but as someone who is terrified of vomiting, I’ll take the constipation over vomiting any day.”

Kidbro · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 12, 2019

For Gastroenteritis: “I get attacks that starts with coughing, that leads to dry heaving and stomach cramps. Always lasts 24 hours (almost to the minute). I have take Zofran and morphine injection for symptoms. Helps some, but not total relief. Wish I had the relief you all get.”

Steve · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 28, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting: “I take oxycodone for chronic persistent back pain because of spinal stenosis. As a result I frequently have nausea and vomiting, roughly 4-5x/week. My pain management doctor always prescribes Zofran which doesn’t help in the slightest. I tell him this but he keeps prescribing it none the less. He says it is safe and doesn’t make you sleepy. I say if it doesn’t work what good is it. My GI doctor gave me phenergan which does help but he tells me to go back to the pain guy to get more. I go back, tell him yet he just gives me more Zofran. DON'T YOU JUST LOVE PHYSICIANS WHO LISTEN TO THEIR PATIENTS(sarcasm).”

John · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 7, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting: “So, I suffer from Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome (CHS) because of smoking pot for the last 5 years and I have to say, what has helped is Zofran - it is really good at doing what it’s designed to do ( helps nausea and vomiting) and eased the tension on my stomach, been using for a month every day 2 hours before smoking whatever ie concentrates or just bud. The Ondansetron is miraculous and will literally save you a ton of time since when I was constantly vomiting I couldn’t do my daily routine (going to work, hanging with friends) man I couldn’t even move at all, I was constantly in my bed throwing up...”

Sugah · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 6, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting: “I have several chronic conditions and one is called Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome. It's even worse than it sounds. I'm over 40 and have suffered since childhood. Gravol stopped working over a decade ago. Last December was particularly bad with many trips to the ER and I finally got lucky and was given this. It's a miracle drug for me about 95% of the time. I do get some side effects like diarrhea and sweating but they're very bearable. I don't go anywhere without a bottle of these.”

ot · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 3, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting: “zofran is a LIFESAVER! I’ve been dealing with debilitating constant nausea for months and some days this pill is the only thing that makes me able to eat. I’ve experienced very few side effects, if any, and am so grateful for the relief from nausea. I cannot say enough good things about zofran or recommend it highly enough.”

Seahorse02 September 28, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting: “This is a wonderful medication! Works within a few minutes & will take my nausea down to zero! Wish I had discovered sooner.”

KayFields · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 1, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting: “Seriously this is a magic pill. I get nausea as a symptom from my anxiety and after taking one Zofran my nausea is completely gone within 20 minutes (sometimes less)”

Troy · Taken for less than 1 month August 29, 2019

For Gastroenteritis: “Had gastroenteritis, couldn't stop vomiting. Called doctors on call, they came out at 2am and gave me a shot of maxolon (which worked in the past). Was good for about an hour and then it started again, every half hour until I felt like I was going to pass out. Went to the hospital, they gave me a Zofran wafer and I stopped throwing up within 10 minutes. Felt terrible from dehydration but the Zofran wafer stopped the vomiting in its tracks. I now keep Zofran wafers at home, let myself throw up 2-3 times when I get a stomach bug and then pop a Zofran wafer to stop it. Best thing ever.”

Elina · Taken for less than 1 month August 22, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting: “I have taken zofran on and off for over 10 years. I have been given after surgery for nausea and vomiting. Also, now again for gastroparesis. Sometimes the nausea and fullness in my stomach is very uncomfortable. Because there are little to no medication or non invasive therapies, I sometimes will use this to help settle my stomach. While it does nothing for motility it does alleviate rough times.”

Dani August 19, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting: “This is the best medicine for vomiting I have ever had. I was on IV antibiotics with a lot of side effects, esp nausea and the antibiotics could not be changed and I literally could not hold down water. I had to be on them for 3 months and Zofran (both IV and ODT) helped me immensely. I was able to drink and even eat little with much less nausea. People have to remember no medication may make symptoms resolve completely every time but this comes pretty close. When I took it for regular nausea from a virus or something it worked like 100% nausea gone. For me there was no side effects, and again people have to remember if you're sick some of the symptoms may not be side effects. If your vomiting repeatedly and are dehydrated of course you're going to have a headache. But everyone is different so what works for one may not have the same effects for another. But I'm a health care worker and whoever is given Zofran usually has relief so give it a try if ur doctor says it's ok!good luck”

Peter Quill August 12, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting: “This just doesn't do the trick for me. Never has and I'd love to find out why.”

KellyLyn · Taken for less than 1 month July 19, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting: “Using Zofran for my 14 yo daughter. It has not helped her nausea. It seems to make it worse, but she can’t vomit to release the pain. At least when the Zofran wears off, she can vomit and get some relief. We’ve tried it three times and will never use it again for her. (She just had her tonsils out).”

Lorilo · Taken for less than 1 month July 16, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting: “I caught a stomach virus last winter and was vomiting repeatedly. I couldn't keep anything down. I was nauseous, dizzy,and feverish. I felt like I was on a moving boat and I couldn't move or even think without vomiting. After I threw up bile the 2nd day, I went to the ER. I vomited in the waiting room and 3 more times in the exam room. I was given Zofran, which helped a lot. I only threw up 2 or 3 more times after that. I was diagnosed with norovirus.”

Mooney · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting: “Took Zofran for morning sickness, got a splitting migraine an hour later...bed ridden with it all day. Nausea was gone but I rather it then having a migraine. I do suffer migraines but this medication definitely triggered one for me.”

Tiredofthisbug · Taken for less than 1 month June 22, 2019

For Gastroenteritis: “Gastroenteritis is horrible. I started feeling sick and gassy on the first day. On the second day I thought I was dying. The pain and burning was so bad it made my chest hurt and I thought I was having a heart attack or anxiety attack. Went to the doctor, was prescribed Zofran, almost took the sickness away completely! Still some burning in the lower abdomen, but finally some relief!!!”