User Reviews for Zofran

Nausea/Vomiting, Radiation Induced 3 reviews 5 medications

6.5
Summary of Zofran reviews 150 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Zofran

For Gastroenteritis "I sufffer from ulcers & get acid indigestion all the time. Of course with that I experience nausea daily..... when it gets too intense I take a 4 mg zofran and within 20-30 minutes it subsides. I thank God this medicine was created!! In the beginning I would get constipated for about 24 hours after taking a pill but don't have that anymore. I am thankful for this medicine bc I HATE nausea/vomiting."

Greyson's Mommy (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 16, 2017

For Nausea/Vomiting "I have been taking this medication for panic and anxiety with great success but I wonder why it is not listed for this?"

Val Mac January 3, 2017

For Nausea/Vomiting "I used to take Requip for restless leg syndrome, and sometimes it made me so sick I would vomit. Other nights it would be fine. One day I decided to call my PCP for a script of zofran or phenergan to help subside the horrible nasty vomiting and nausea effects of Requip and they wrote me a script of 12 4mg Zofran swallowable tablets. It helped almost immediately (not within a minute, but 10mins or less) and then decided to stop my Requip medication because just made me sick. My RLS went away with other meds that I take and while I still take Zofran, I enjoy it for any spur of the moment "IM GONNA BE SICK" Kind of feeling, so I always carry it with me. At a hospital visit they gave me a dissolvable one that tasted like berries. Good med"

Chelseabergstresser (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "I had my gallbladder removed in September and have been on this drug (as needed) since. It is a god send. I don't get as nauseated as I was the first month of surgery but still have nausea here and there. This drug works very quickly and I feel instant relief. Sometimes I find myself needing to take 2 doses of the nausea is severe and it helps to ease it. Recommend this for anyone that struggles with nausea."

Savii December 19, 2016

For Gastroenteritis "I have the stomach virus. It hit me around 10 this morning but I didn't start vomiting until 2. Zofran has somewhat helped. But I'm still so weak & sick. The thought of food makes me sick."

Stomach virus & zofran December 19, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was given this medication after a severe bout of anxiety and panic attacks. I lost 25lbs in 2 weeks due to the panic and had no appetite. Of course when you don't eat for that long, nausea can easily set it. I couldn't even move off the couch for fear of feeling extremely sick or dry heaving. I was finally given this miracle pill and the nausea quickly went from 10 (the worst) to easily a 2 or 3 within about 45 minutes. I took it for a week as I tried to get my appetite back and anxiety under control with other meds. Highly effective. I did experience some constipation from this medication, but that could also be due to the starvation mode I was in for 2 weeks. Either way, highly recommend to anyone dealing with nausea."

J137B (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "I've had central vertigo for years, but the nausea and vomiting have increase lately. My gastroenterologist prescribed Zofran 4mg once a day. It's a miracle! I can go out and shop without vomiting in the aisles of the grocery store. I have my life back."

Italian Foodie (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2016

For Gastroenteritis "Zofran is heaven sent. It saved me and my baby's lives. I was sick for 9 months with hyperemesis gravidarum. I was on a zofran pump as well as IV HYDRATION. I don't know if my baby would have survived without it. I'm still using it for chronic nausea. I wish I could personally thank the creators of this drug. Thank you."

BFOX December 8, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was given this drug by injection in the emergency room because I had a reaction to another drug. It stopped me from vomiting. However, since Imunetherapy I have become allergic to all nsaids, and several other drugs. One drug for a heart problem I take makes me vomit so they gave me this drug in pill form and well....I threw it up and, and tried again, and threw it up and this went on until I again went to the emergency room. An injection works but the pill works only before you become nauseated. I went to another medicine phenergan and that was a suppository which worked very well."

savvygrl (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2016

For Gastroenteritis "The best little white angel pill ever, I have been feeling ill for seven days until today I decided to get help and went to a little clinic and got prescribed zofran, it must be made in heaven because that little pill worked in minutes, I went from 20% to 70% real quick. I work at a job that doesn't allow you to call in, so this pill will be saving me from losing 8 hours on my pay check. Stomach bug sucks and was tired of feeling hungry/sick every ten minutes. Thank you my white angel."

Bugsy67311 November 3, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "Did not improve nausea. It gave me a migraine like headache."

Anonymous November 2, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "this medicine potentially saved my life! i had no appetite. in three days i lost 7 pounds! my wife took me to the ER, test were ran, and the physician prescribed Zorfan 4 mg and it worked. within ten minutes i was eating a turkey burger with garlic oven fries. my anxiety is gone as well. I would recommend this medicine to my friends and family. MV"

mikeveez (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced "Could not tolerate this drug during chemo rx Hated it prescribed for thee cycles of my red devil chemo treatment It caused paranoia constipation which caused increased vomiting and also probably added to the chemonesia issues Zophran Was replaced by Emend and i had 180 degree different drug and had no issues whatsoever Zophran interferes with serotonin in the brain"

Susan from NC (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 1, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "Wouldn't know...got charged $40 for 2 days' worth, which I just can't afford."

HDGGF (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "I have crohns disease, emetephobia & i also take quite a few pain meds for chronic pain all of which make me extremely nauseous so i suffer nausea allooot! Ondansetron is a life safer for me i take 4 mg every 8-12hrs on a good day some days i take 8mg if its really bad! Ive been taking it daily for nearly 6 months and it is still as affective as the first time i took it! I live in the uk so am fortunate that i dont have too pay eye watering prices. Id reccomend too anybody its brilliant"

Bethy-Bee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 27, 2016

For Gastroenteritis "Spent a week vomiting and with diarrhea. Couldn't keep anything down and was getting worse instead of better. I ended up driving to the ER with a vomit bag to my face trying not to crap myself. When they gave me the Zofran, I felt better in 5 minutes and was able to eat a little plain chicken and rice with broth a couple hours later. I didn't realize just much nausea I had until the whole room suddenly stopped waving. Slept better than I have in a long time and this morning I didn't throw up! Crackers and Gatorade for breakfast! Every 6 hours and I love this little pill."

Vomitbag June 25, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was given this medicine due to my chronic migranes and I always used to vomit everything up. Zofran works miracles"

Arise Royal June 2, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "Helps me when I'm sick from not taking any pills (I'm an addict)"

Junkie1991 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 18, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced "I had a very long treatment time, 3Xweek, 2 8 hr. sessions with three types of chemo radiation. It was every 3rd week, Wed, Thur, & Fri. Wed/Thur were 8 hr. sessions, Fri, 4 hrs. I was constantly vomiting, morning, noon and night. I took this from the get go, but after about my 2nd session, I threw up a lot in the mornings, or if I coughed too hard even. I know it would have been SO much worse without the Zofran. I think with the amount of treatment I had, both chemo and radiation, to both my chest and to my brain that I was VERY lucky I wasn't more sick, and frankly, I'm lucky to be here at all. Thank you Cancer Treatment center and of course, thank you God!"

Zofran saved me during cancer. May 1, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "I've been dealing with extreme nausea and vomiting for the past 6 months, and it finally got to the point where I couldn't take it anymore and went to the ER. They gave me Zofran through IV and was feeling better in about an hour. After I was released I was on 4 mg every 8 hours and for about a week I was back to my old self. Then things started to go down hill, and they boosted it to 8 mg. Now it doesn't evenwork anymore and makes me more nauseous than I was before. I also got pretty bad constipation and headaches after taking the medication. Not to mention, if you're taking the tablets be ready to handle the taste because it is DISGUSTING."

Mari-Ann18 April 30, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was taking Zofran for awful stomach upset with nausea because one of my other medicines I was on I picked up at pharmacy was a generic new form of medication to treat pain. This new medicine made me very sick. Zofran helped out a lot plus I could take it up to four times per-day. However, I'm also on Lexapro for depression and panic attacks. One day after 2 weeks on these meds I had severe shaking happening to me and I never felt this way before.. Come to find out taking both the Zofran and Lexapro on same day each day was high risk of a drug interaction very severe and I was having the symptoms of a bad interaction. I need to change my lexapro to another type of depression med. But, every depression med is bad with zofran."

ChristineJJ (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "Was very sick from antibiotics and large doses of Prednisone to help with the asthma. Couldn't hold any food down but did take enough water and Gatorade. Kept losing weight and had terrible abdominal cramps with the nausea. Finally saw another Dr after 11 days who prescribed the ZOFRAN and all nausea and cramps totally went away. Finally could start eating again! ZOFRAN was a miracle med for me! !!"

SickF March 21, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "I love this medication, it has made such a difference in my life. I was on the Zofran pump while pregnant for hyperemesis gravidarum, it is the reason I was able to carry my child to term. It is the reason we are both here today. I continue to take Zofran as needed for nausea stemming from complications with fibromyalgia, ibs and celiacs. It can cause constipation from time to time, but that is much easier than nausea and vomiting all the time. It melts quickly and within minutes the nausea is gone."

jap0587 March 8, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "This is such an effective and helpful med. I can't tell you how many times I'd been nauseous and almost immediately got rid of it with the disolvable version. It melts, I wait a few minutes and then it's gone normally."

Natty_R (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 23, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was prescribed zofran because I was constantly nauseous and depressed because of a personal matter. Yes they taste awful but they work 100% of the time! And they work quickly!"

AmyCamille1975 February 10, 2016