User Reviews for Zofran

6.5

Summary of Zofran reviews 8.3 204 reviews

Reviews for Zofran

Peter Quill August 12, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "This just doesn't do the trick for me. Never has and I'd love to find out why."

KellyLyn · Taken for less than 1 month July 19, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "Using Zofran for my 14 yo daughter. It has not helped her nausea. It seems to make it worse, but she can’t vomit to release the pain. At least when the Zofran wears off, she can vomit and get some relief. We’ve tried it three times and will never use it again for her. (She just had her tonsils out)."

Lorilo · Taken for less than 1 month July 16, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "I caught a stomach virus last winter and was vomiting repeatedly. I couldn't keep anything down. I was nauseous, dizzy,and feverish. I felt like I was on a moving boat and I couldn't move or even think without vomiting. After I threw up bile the 2nd day, I went to the ER. I vomited in the waiting room and 3 more times in the exam room. I was given Zofran, which helped a lot. I only threw up 2 or 3 more times after that. I was diagnosed with norovirus."

Mooney · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "Took Zofran for morning sickness, got a splitting migraine an hour later...bed ridden with it all day. Nausea was gone but I rather it then having a migraine. I do suffer migraines but this medication definitely triggered one for me."

Tiredofthisbug · Taken for less than 1 month June 22, 2019

For Gastroenteritis "Gastroenteritis is horrible. I started feeling sick and gassy on the first day. On the second day I thought I was dying. The pain and burning was so bad it made my chest hurt and I thought I was having a heart attack or anxiety attack. Went to the doctor, was prescribed Zofran, almost took the sickness away completely! Still some burning in the lower abdomen, but finally some relief!!!"

P.J Sharma June 21, 2019

For Gastroenteritis "Salute to the inventor of this medicine Ondansetron . I have IBS-D and with severe flatulance discomfort and suffocating feeling. After taking the mouth dissolving tablet it acts like miracle. At first all the entrapped gas in abdomen comes out in the form of belching and burping and thereafter the normalcy comes to the body and mind. All other medicines have not worked . This is great. "

Mcrasheeda · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 14, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting, Postoperative "I had a gastric plication done (like gastric bypass) and woke up after surgery profusely throwing up to the point they had to sedate me again to put the anti nausea stickers behind my ears to keep me from vomiting as soon as I woke up again. Well they gave me the Zofran to take at home so I would take them every 4 hours before the last dose ran out and didn't feel nauseous ever again. Really great stuff."

Garden · Taken for less than 1 month May 28, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "I like the Zofran pills when they actually work but it seems like I have to take a pill, throw up, and then take another for it to be effective. Also I always wake up with a headache once taken. I do want to note that when I was given Zofran in the hospital through the IV I had no issues with nausea it’s only when I take it orally that it does the opposite of what I’d like. All bodies are different and this is just my reaction. I am on a low dose and have not upped the amount I’m taking. $45 dollars for 15 pills (without insurance) and I’ve puked up half of them. Not worth it. Especially when an anti nausea causes nauseous."

Lee · Taken for less than 1 month May 24, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "Wow! I went to the ER on Tuesday night and it is now Friday and I was given Zofran for my nausea on top of everything else I was dealing with and this crap has made me nothing but nauseous with lots of throwing up and constipated! Not sure how long this is suppose to last, but it’s freaking annoying and I definitely don’t see myself taking this ever again."

ThelastUndertaker · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 19, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was prescribed ZOFRAN a few months back, I have suffered from nausea since I was 17 (I'm 36 now). This is the only drug that has ever worked for me, all the other over the counter meds just make the nausea worse, this makes my nausea go away with in 30 mins. and keeps it gone for 8 hours, I wish this had been around when I was younger."

aa · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 6, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "Zofran is incredible. I was prescribed it when I started suffering from constant nausea about three months ago and it has been a lifesaver ever since. It works almost immediately even after taking it for so long and has only not worked twice, both times when I had already eaten fatty or greasy foods and had other meds in my system. It can make you extremely constipated, so make sure you're hydrating yourself and consuming lots of fiber, but other than that I never experienced an adverse side effect or interaction."

Patient 0 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 4, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "This medication is as close to a miracle for anyone with terrible nausea as it gets. Whether you have a flu or are going through chemo. Zofran is amazing. It works on your seretonin receptors; however it is not like an anti depressant. It target a specific function and suddenly, almost instantly in my case; nausea is gone. I thank my lucky stars that this medication exists. For many it is a huge difference maker."

Bob · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 25, 2019

For Gastroenteritis "I have major anxiety and reoccurring gastroenteritis since childhood. Throwing up and can’t stop. Dehydrated. It’s used for my anxiety and stomach. Never will go without it again"

Nicck · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 4, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "Zofran is THE most reliable medication I have ever taken! It has prevented me from throwing up, or even feeling nauseas 100% of the time! It's sad that when I was growing up in the 1970's, all I could take for nausea was Pepto-Bismal, which NEVER worked to prevent me from getting nauseous or vomiting. Pepto-Bismal is great for diarrhea, but it did NOTHING for my nausea. I can't say enough about Zofran!"

Penny · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 2, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "I find Zofran to be totally worthless regardless of format or strength. Not only does it not help but also, it causes constipation that greatly aggravates my existing nausea and abdominal pain even further. I am dealing with that now after a recent ER visit and regretting not having refused it."

GC · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 15, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "Since a child I’ve always been nausea prone. Sometimes there would be a direct correlation such as motion (car more often) sickness, over eating/ unhealthy eating, etc. Mostly it just comes out of no where and stops me in my tracks. Without insurance it was very expensive (not sure how much, but $$$). Ever since having insurance and paying a few dollars I will never be caught dead without a couple tabs on my person!!! My GI was very understanding and prescribed 60 tabs a month (up to 2 a day) with a generous amount of refills!!! Only once did it not work but that was on New Years and I believe for obvious reasons!! I’ve not really noticed side effects since my nausea throws off my body anyway. I take this med at least once a week. I can’t believe I wasn’t introduced to this sooner!!!!!!! It’s saved my life"

marilyn · Taken for less than 1 month January 12, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "I have had severe nausea and vomiting 2 times in 2 weeks from eating seafood, so I'm guessing no more seafood. The nausea stopped after taking 2 pills. Threw up first time then second one stopped it within 20 min. I'm so happy. First time I had nausea, vomiting and diarrhea for 5 hours had to go to emergency room once diarrhea stopped they gave me this medication and all stopped."

Fran December 20, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting "I received Zofran for severe nausea for 3 days. It did not work! I was vomiting within 30 min. of each injection. This is supposed to be the wonderful new drug that works for everybody. So I got severely dehydrated. It doesn't work for everybody."

Nancy October 17, 2018

For Gastroenteritis "I have suffered with nausea all my life. Zofran is the best out there for thus."

Jojo · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 10, 2018

For Gastroenteritis "I have never had any issues with Zofran. It always takes care of my nausea before it leads to vomiting"

Nicky · Taken for less than 1 month October 3, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting "At first it worked for me when it was given to me at the hospital. It was then prescribed to me from my doctor for nausea and vomiting from gallstones. After a few hours of taking Zofran I started to experience body tremors and I still have residual nausea too. It also makes me feel very sleepy from it too. I think it also has caused me to be constipated since I haven't had a bowel movement a few days ago. Not sure if I would recommend this to anyone..it does kinda work, but not well for me."

Sickasadog · Taken for less than 1 month September 16, 2018

For Gastroenteritis "I'm unsure with this one. Yes it helps the nausea a little but I was admitted to hospital for acute gastro - had two IV lots of this and Maxalon - lots of IV fluids - and vomited on my way out of hospital - and every 30 minutes all night following. When I've been in hospital and had this drug for HG (severe morning sickness) it did work and I was asking for water and food within half an hour. I've just taken a 4mg dissolvable and am on day 2 of the dreaded bug. Keep your fingers crossed for me xoxo"

Vincent · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 7, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting "I take another drug that causes severe nausea, Zofran was prescribed, the nausea stopped but the other side effects from Zofran were so overwhelming that I had to stop taking it. The side effects were Diarrhea, headaches, blood in stool, dizziness, and yes- nausea; I could't drive so I'll live with the nausea until I see my endocrinologist again and (maybe) he suggests something else. Bottom line, the side effects of Zofran outweigh the benefits."

chronicmigraines · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 16, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting "This is the only thing that stops my all day vomiting spells. Get the one that dissolves under or on your tongue if you’re like me and vomit every 2-5 minutes and you don’t have to worry about not keeping it down. Kind of a weird taste but not bad by any means. I’m quite certain this pill has saved my life and thousands in hospital visits for when I become dangerously dehydrated from the constant vomiting."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 11, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting "It might have helped a tad with my nausea but I woke up the following day with an excruciating migraine so I won’t be taking this product ever again. If you have a history with migraines or headaches, I probably try alternative methods."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)