User Reviews for Zofran

Nausea/Vomiting, Radiation Induced
6.5

Summary of Zofran reviews 8.4 194 reviews

Reviews for Zofran

For Nausea/Vomiting "Zofran is incredible. I was prescribed it when I started suffering from constant nausea about three months ago and it has been a lifesaver ever since. It works almost immediately even after taking it for so long and has only not worked twice, both times when I had already eaten fatty or greasy foods and had other meds in my system. It can make you extremely constipated, so make sure you're hydrating yourself and consuming lots of fiber, but other than that I never experienced an adverse side effect or interaction."

aa (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "This medication is as close to a miracle for anyone with terrible nausea as it gets. Whether you have a flu or are going through chemo. Zofran is amazing. It works on your seretonin receptors; however it is not like an anti depressant. It target a specific function and suddenly, almost instantly in my case; nausea is gone. I thank my lucky stars that this medication exists. For many it is a huge difference maker."

Patient 0 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 4, 2019

For Gastroenteritis "I have major anxiety and reoccurring gastroenteritis since childhood. Throwing up and can’t stop. Dehydrated. It’s used for my anxiety and stomach. Never will go without it again"

Bob (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 25, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "Zofran is THE most reliable medication I have ever taken! It has prevented me from throwing up, or even feeling nauseas 100% of the time! It's sad that when I was growing up in the 1970's, all I could take for nausea was Pepto-Bismal, which NEVER worked to prevent me from getting nauseous or vomiting. Pepto-Bismal is great for diarrhea, but it did NOTHING for my nausea. I can't say enough about Zofran!"

Nicck (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 4, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "I find Zofran to be totally worthless regardless of format or strength. Not only does it not help but also, it causes constipation that greatly aggravates my existing nausea and abdominal pain even further. I am dealing with that now after a recent ER visit and regretting not having refused it."

Penny (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 2, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "Since a child I’ve always been nausea prone. Sometimes there would be a direct correlation such as motion (car more often) sickness, over eating/ unhealthy eating, etc. Mostly it just comes out of no where and stops me in my tracks. Without insurance it was very expensive (not sure how much, but $$$). Ever since having insurance and paying a few dollars I will never be caught dead without a couple tabs on my person!!! My GI was very understanding and prescribed 60 tabs a month (up to 2 a day) with a generous amount of refills!!! Only once did it not work but that was on New Years and I believe for obvious reasons!! I’ve not really noticed side effects since my nausea throws off my body anyway. I take this med at least once a week. I can’t believe I wasn’t introduced to this sooner!!!!!!! It’s saved my life"

GC (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 15, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "I have had severe nausea and vomiting 2 times in 2 weeks from eating seafood, so I'm guessing no more seafood. The nausea stopped after taking 2 pills. Threw up first time then second one stopped it within 20 min. I'm so happy. First time I had nausea, vomiting and diarrhea for 5 hours had to go to emergency room once diarrhea stopped they gave me this medication and all stopped."

marilyn (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "I received Zofran for severe nausea for 3 days. It did not work! I was vomiting within 30 min. of each injection. This is supposed to be the wonderful new drug that works for everybody. So I got severely dehydrated. It doesn't work for everybody."

Fran December 20, 2018

For Gastroenteritis "I have suffered with nausea all my life. Zofran is the best out there for thus."

Nancy October 17, 2018

For Gastroenteritis "I have never had any issues with Zofran. It always takes care of my nausea before it leads to vomiting"

Jojo (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 10, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting "At first it worked for me when it was given to me at the hospital. It was then prescribed to me from my doctor for nausea and vomiting from gallstones. After a few hours of taking Zofran I started to experience body tremors and I still have residual nausea too. It also makes me feel very sleepy from it too. I think it also has caused me to be constipated since I haven't had a bowel movement a few days ago. Not sure if I would recommend this to anyone..it does kinda work, but not well for me."

Nicky (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2018

For Gastroenteritis "I'm unsure with this one. Yes it helps the nausea a little but I was admitted to hospital for acute gastro - had two IV lots of this and Maxalon - lots of IV fluids - and vomited on my way out of hospital - and every 30 minutes all night following. When I've been in hospital and had this drug for HG (severe morning sickness) it did work and I was asking for water and food within half an hour. I've just taken a 4mg dissolvable and am on day 2 of the dreaded bug. Keep your fingers crossed for me xoxo"

Sickasadog (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting "I take another drug that causes severe nausea, Zofran was prescribed, the nausea stopped but the other side effects from Zofran were so overwhelming that I had to stop taking it. The side effects were Diarrhea, headaches, blood in stool, dizziness, and yes- nausea; I could't drive so I'll live with the nausea until I see my endocrinologist again and (maybe) he suggests something else. Bottom line, the side effects of Zofran outweigh the benefits."

Vincent (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting "This is the only thing that stops my all day vomiting spells. Get the one that dissolves under or on your tongue if you’re like me and vomit every 2-5 minutes and you don’t have to worry about not keeping it down. Kind of a weird taste but not bad by any means. I’m quite certain this pill has saved my life and thousands in hospital visits for when I become dangerously dehydrated from the constant vomiting."

chronicmigraines (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 16, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting "It might have helped a tad with my nausea but I woke up the following day with an excruciating migraine so I won’t be taking this product ever again. If you have a history with migraines or headaches, I probably try alternative methods."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting "I have easily upsettable IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) and this has been a wonder medicine for me. Sometimes when I get up in the morning, I am so nauseous I can not function. The dissolvable tablet leaves me feeling better within a minute. It has also worked when I had the stomach bug. It is working wonderfully now with a depression medicine that I just started taking that has a side effect of nausea and vomiting. I was seconds away from throwing up and quickly popped one of these in my mouth... back to normal within thirty seconds! Zofran is a lifesaver!"

Sickly (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2018

For Gastroenteritis "I’ve been sick with the stomach flu since last night. Ate dinner, then a couple of hours later was in the bathroom throwing up with major diarrhea. Stayed on the toilet literally all night. It was one of those “one little move and you feel like you’re going to throw up” times. Well, once morning came the puking stopped, but I was still really nauseous with dry heaves. So I called my doctor to see if there was anything I could take, and they recommended Zofran. Wow is this a miracle drug! My nausea was gone within 10-15 minutes of taking it, and I was even able to hold down a couple of popsicles and water with it, until about an hour and a half ago when I started feeling nauseous again (the meds were wearing off, so I took another one, and within 10 minuets my nausea was gone! I even ate another popsicle and downed a little juice glass of water and didn’t throw up! If this little white, grape flavored pill isn’t magic, then I don’t know what is!"

Grobanite Clunatic (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting "It worked for me"

May April 18, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting "Zofran help greatly went from vomiting constantly to nothing - it's amazing. The problem is that if you just took it you will still vomit you need to wait and the nausea takes 10 minutes to stop"

. April 11, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting "Prescribed for stomach flu. Within 2 minutes of taking it, I vomited. Waste of money."

Audra (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced "I'm one of those people that would rather be in pain than nauseous, so when I started chemotherapy I knew I was in for a ride. I was given a cocktail of meds right before chemo and then Decadron and Zofran for a couple of days after for allergic reaction and nausea. For the times after that "as needed" I have Zofran & Compazine for nausea and Ativan for "anticipatory nausea". I guess the Ativan would help some commenters in this thread who actually get sick from thinking about getting sick. It made me too drowsy so I was left with the Compazine and Zofran. I found the Zofran to be by far the most effective; I take one 4mg tablet as soon as I start feeling queasy and within 10-15 minutes I am fine - I'm even able to eat. Thankfully my insurance covers it as it is a little more expensive than some meds for nausea but to me it's worth not vomiting. I recommend this medication highly."

NormT (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was prescribed this for nausea and vomiting several different times by Dr. I have anxiety that leads to vomiting and nausea. zofran did not stop the nausea or vomiting and gave me a horrible headache that nothing would stop. Phenergan is the better of the 2 for me."

BEEEHEALTHY April 1, 2018

For Gastroenteritis "God bless the manufacturers of Zofran! I am phobic about vomiting - panic attacks just thinking about it. That little miracle dissolves on my tongue and takes away the nausea and fear. It has saved me trips to the ER for gastric issues. I never want to be without it."

PukingPhobia (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 22, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was given 4mg of Zofran twice through an IV to combat a stomach bug. Once at home I took a pill form of Zofran because the nausea had not yet subsided. The next day my tongue started to feel swollen and my jaw started to have spasms. I was in so much pain. I received a steroid shot and a muscle relaxer shot both in my buttocks. I still experienced tremors and I was unable to talk. The doctors said the rise in my serotonin levels caused the reaction to the Zofran. I will never take Zofran as long as I live unless I absolutely have to."

Kaci (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting "I have an extreme fear of nausea and vomiting. It’s so bad I get nauseated when someone coughs. I was given zofran and it was perfect for when my anxiety was making the fear harder to deal with. Then I got salmonella poisoning and it didn’t work whatsoever. I took three 4mg 20 minutes apart hoping it’d help and it didn’t. A few days after taking antibiotics for salmonella poisoning, I’m still a little nauseated (zofran doesn’t work) and can’t do much. Thinking about going and getting a higher dose."

Sudzee (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 24, 2018