User Reviews for Zofran

Nausea/Vomiting, Radiation Induced 3 reviews 5 medications

6.5
Summary of Zofran reviews 155 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Zofran

For Nausea/Vomiting "It cost me $3 for six tablets with insurance. When I was vomiting every couple hours for a week and was prescribed Zofran, it reduced my vomiting to one or twice a day for the next two weeks as compared to every couple hours. It is now the third week I've been sick, and the drug works within an hour for me. There were a couple days my prescription ran out, and I started throwing up 10 times in a day again. Highly recommend"

Gabzzie (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting "Didn't do a thing"

Dksf April 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was given Zofran after having my gallbladder removed. The nausea wasn't from the procedure, but came on when I was finally able to eat and the broth soup was placed in front of me. For at least a month prior I'd been getting nauseous just from seeing food no matter how hungry I was (and after fasting for surgery I was absolutely starving!) I was given Zofran in my IV and it did absolutely nothing. My surgeon then gave me a prescription for the pill form, but again, it did nothing to help my nausea."

MHaswari April 4, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My birth defect had shut down my bladder to the extent of not being able to urinate. Long story short,I had an infection so bad my bladder was 3x the normal size. So seeing how I couldn't go,it my body decided that it will send everything back out the way it came. If my wife didn't make me goto the hospital,my bladder would have exploded,they gave me a shot of this medication and it stop the vomiting in minutes. Well I am better and have a prescription for this,and have to self Cath because of the damage to my bladder. If I can't go backwards in time,I would have listen to my wife instead of being a procrastinator."

Anonymous February 8, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Gastroenteritis "This is a miracle drug!!!!! So many times zofran came in for the save. Saved my spouse, I and our 7 and 5 year old a trip to ER when the norovirus hit us. Took it after terrible dry heaves and within 20 minutes I was able to sleep. This medicine also helped after my csection when I was nauseous. When my son had hand foot and mouth and was uncontrollably vomiting the dr gave him this medicine too, within an hour he was eating fine! This was also great for my IBS symptoms when they hit hard. 10/10 !!!"

Arita44 January 25, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Gastroenteritis "I woke up at 5am with a terrible stomach virus....I swear I thought I was dying. It was coming out both ends and I was in terrible pain from the cramping. I had to lay in the floor by the toilet because I didn't have time to make it from the bed when the cramping hit me...I happened to remember that I had ondansetron(zofran) in the medicine cabinet and my wife gave me one 8mg tablet sublingual. I was better in fifteen minutes. Miracle drug!"

Eddie N. Georgia January 22, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Gastroenteritis "I sufffer from ulcers & get acid indigestion all the time. Of course with that I experience nausea daily..... when it gets too intense I take a 4 mg zofran and within 20-30 minutes it subsides. I thank God this medicine was created!! In the beginning I would get constipated for about 24 hours after taking a pill but don't have that anymore. I am thankful for this medicine bc I HATE nausea/vomiting."

Greyson's Mommy (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 16, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting "I have been taking this medication for panic and anxiety with great success but I wonder why it is not listed for this?"

Val Mac January 3, 2017

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting "I used to take Requip for restless leg syndrome, and sometimes it made me so sick I would vomit. Other nights it would be fine. One day I decided to call my PCP for a script of zofran or phenergan to help subside the horrible nasty vomiting and nausea effects of Requip and they wrote me a script of 12 4mg Zofran swallowable tablets. It helped almost immediately (not within a minute, but 10mins or less) and then decided to stop my Requip medication because just made me sick. My RLS went away with other meds that I take and while I still take Zofran, I enjoy it for any spur of the moment "IM GONNA BE SICK" Kind of feeling, so I always carry it with me. At a hospital visit they gave me a dissolvable one that tasted like berries. Good med"

Chelseabergstresser (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting "I had my gallbladder removed in September and have been on this drug (as needed) since. It is a god send. I don't get as nauseated as I was the first month of surgery but still have nausea here and there. This drug works very quickly and I feel instant relief. Sometimes I find myself needing to take 2 doses of the nausea is severe and it helps to ease it. Recommend this for anyone that struggles with nausea."

Savii December 19, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Gastroenteritis "I have the stomach virus. It hit me around 10 this morning but I didn't start vomiting until 2. Zofran has somewhat helped. But I'm still so weak & sick. The thought of food makes me sick."

Stomach virus & zofran December 19, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was given this medication after a severe bout of anxiety and panic attacks. I lost 25lbs in 2 weeks due to the panic and had no appetite. Of course when you don't eat for that long, nausea can easily set it. I couldn't even move off the couch for fear of feeling extremely sick or dry heaving. I was finally given this miracle pill and the nausea quickly went from 10 (the worst) to easily a 2 or 3 within about 45 minutes. I took it for a week as I tried to get my appetite back and anxiety under control with other meds. Highly effective. I did experience some constipation from this medication, but that could also be due to the starvation mode I was in for 2 weeks. Either way, highly recommend to anyone dealing with nausea."

J137B (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting "I've had central vertigo for years, but the nausea and vomiting have increase lately. My gastroenterologist prescribed Zofran 4mg once a day. It's a miracle! I can go out and shop without vomiting in the aisles of the grocery store. I have my life back."

Italian Foodie (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Gastroenteritis "Zofran is heaven sent. It saved me and my baby's lives. I was sick for 9 months with hyperemesis gravidarum. I was on a zofran pump as well as IV HYDRATION. I don't know if my baby would have survived without it. I'm still using it for chronic nausea. I wish I could personally thank the creators of this drug. Thank you."

BFOX December 8, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was given this drug by injection in the emergency room because I had a reaction to another drug. It stopped me from vomiting. However, since Imunetherapy I have become allergic to all nsaids, and several other drugs. One drug for a heart problem I take makes me vomit so they gave me this drug in pill form and well....I threw it up and, and tried again, and threw it up and this went on until I again went to the emergency room. An injection works but the pill works only before you become nauseated. I went to another medicine phenergan and that was a suppository which worked very well."

savvygrl (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Gastroenteritis "The best little white angel pill ever, I have been feeling ill for seven days until today I decided to get help and went to a little clinic and got prescribed zofran, it must be made in heaven because that little pill worked in minutes, I went from 20% to 70% real quick. I work at a job that doesn't allow you to call in, so this pill will be saving me from losing 8 hours on my pay check. Stomach bug sucks and was tired of feeling hungry/sick every ten minutes. Thank you my white angel."

Bugsy67311 November 3, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting "Did not improve nausea. It gave me a migraine like headache."

Anonymous November 2, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting "this medicine potentially saved my life! i had no appetite. in three days i lost 7 pounds! my wife took me to the ER, test were ran, and the physician prescribed Zorfan 4 mg and it worked. within ten minutes i was eating a turkey burger with garlic oven fries. my anxiety is gone as well. I would recommend this medicine to my friends and family. MV"

mikeveez (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced "Could not tolerate this drug during chemo rx Hated it prescribed for thee cycles of my red devil chemo treatment It caused paranoia constipation which caused increased vomiting and also probably added to the chemonesia issues Zophran Was replaced by Emend and i had 180 degree different drug and had no issues whatsoever Zophran interferes with serotonin in the brain"

Susan from NC (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 1, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting "Wouldn't know...got charged $40 for 2 days' worth, which I just can't afford."

HDGGF (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting "I have crohns disease, emetephobia & i also take quite a few pain meds for chronic pain all of which make me extremely nauseous so i suffer nausea allooot! Ondansetron is a life safer for me i take 4 mg every 8-12hrs on a good day some days i take 8mg if its really bad! Ive been taking it daily for nearly 6 months and it is still as affective as the first time i took it! I live in the uk so am fortunate that i dont have too pay eye watering prices. Id reccomend too anybody its brilliant"

Bethy-Bee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 27, 2016

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Gastroenteritis "Spent a week vomiting and with diarrhea. Couldn't keep anything down and was getting worse instead of better. I ended up driving to the ER with a vomit bag to my face trying not to crap myself. When they gave me the Zofran, I felt better in 5 minutes and was able to eat a little plain chicken and rice with broth a couple hours later. I didn't realize just much nausea I had until the whole room suddenly stopped waving. Slept better than I have in a long time and this morning I didn't throw up! Crackers and Gatorade for breakfast! Every 6 hours and I love this little pill."

Vomitbag June 25, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was given this medicine due to my chronic migranes and I always used to vomit everything up. Zofran works miracles"

Arise Royal June 2, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting "Helps me when I'm sick from not taking any pills (I'm an addict)"

Junkie1991 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 18, 2016

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced "I had a very long treatment time, 3Xweek, 2 8 hr. sessions with three types of chemo radiation. It was every 3rd week, Wed, Thur, & Fri. Wed/Thur were 8 hr. sessions, Fri, 4 hrs. I was constantly vomiting, morning, noon and night. I took this from the get go, but after about my 2nd session, I threw up a lot in the mornings, or if I coughed too hard even. I know it would have been SO much worse without the Zofran. I think with the amount of treatment I had, both chemo and radiation, to both my chest and to my brain that I was VERY lucky I wasn't more sick, and frankly, I'm lucky to be here at all. Thank you Cancer Treatment center and of course, thank you God!"

Zofran saved me during cancer. May 1, 2016