User Reviews for Meclizine

Also known as: Antivert, Antrizine, Bonine, D-Vert, Dramamine All Day Less Drowsy, Dramamine II, Dramamine Less Drowsy, Driminate II, Help I'm Nauseous, Meclicot, Medivert, Meni-D, Motion-Time, Ru-Vert-M, Sea-Calm, ...show all 18 brand names

Learn more about Meclizine.

Motion Sickness 34 reviews 114 medications

8.8
Nausea/Vomiting 7 reviews 160 medications

7.9
Vertigo 92 reviews 29 medications

7.3
Summary of Meclizine reviews 133 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Meclizine

Bonine (meclizine) for Motion Sickness: "I took Bonine for sea sickness prevention. In the middle of the night, I had a seizure and was hospitalized for one day."

Lars2 May 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vertigo: "I have had dizzy spells (vertigo) since 2006. I get them about every other month for a day and it is literally debilitating. I would rather have almost any pain than being dizzy. Yesterday around 5pm after work I started feeling weird ... I didn't take until it was bad around 6:30pm. Don't wait if you can help it. Trick is take it before gets worse. It worked around by about 7:30-8.00 pm I slept the entire night in a sitting up position. This morning I was ok. No effects just tired last night. The Dr told me to also move my head 3 times in a counter clockwise position each hour. You feel a little sick but better after."

Miss Dizzy May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vertigo: "I was having severe dizzy spells which I thought were due to another medication or condition. My PCP did a thorough exam for motion sickness and it sure did make me dizzy and queasy. He prescribed Meclizine and the problems subsided after about 48 hours. I'll be flying to the west coast tomorrow so will see if I feel lightheaded on the flight."

qmradio (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Motion Sickness: "I have tried meclazine as a prophylactic to motion sickness while fishing in the Gulf of Mexico with mixed results. The first time out was a complete failure with severe nausea and vomiting accompanied by diarrhea. The second time was a little better, no diarrhea and limited vomiting but quite acute nausea. Won't use it again for this purpose, probably won't go out on the gulf anytime soon either, No noticeable side effects with either event."

RickyJoe48 April 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vertigo: "I have had 2 cases of vertigo and both times ended up in the ER. I was given Meclizine and it takes about an hour to work, meanwhile, I am unable to stand up and vomiting at the same time. I had one case of vertigo at work at 2 am and had to be dropped off at ER. Meclizine does work, but it's too slow to take effect. I can't lose many more nights at work or I'll be fired. I need something that works faster."

irishcelticeyes (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vertigo: "Have acute vertigo and meclizine does help MOST of the time after about 2 hrs."

englewood girl (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vertigo: "I have been reading these reviews using Meclizine for dizziness. I have been on it for about a year {25mg} but don't seem any results. The one thing that I is missing is my problem . I have no problem walking, looking up or down or any of that. My problem is I can only lay on my left side, my back for a short time. but the right side is out, I become so dizzy I feel sick to my stomach even attempting to make me sick. As I said in the beginning the meclizine doesn't make a difference."

lefty only (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Bonine (meclizine) for Motion Sickness: "I have had 2 middle ear operations. Half my coclea is gone so my equilibrium is constantly off.. very dizzy all the time! Bonine is a god send!"

Baby Gi (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vertigo: "I feel very tired sleepy and my heart seems to be skipping a beat"

Swokin February 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vertigo: "I was prescribed this back in October due to several days of dizziness. Doesn't help at all. After about 6 hours, the dizziness goes away but comes back the next day."

kkmaehrer (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Antivert (meclizine) for Vertigo: "This does nothing to me from what I can see. I take 25mg once daily for vertigo"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vertigo: "I have suffered from several types of vertigo. I was advised by my doctor to use exercises by lying down and turning my head in different positions for a period of weeks. I tried this and they made me sicker immediately and didn't improve long term. I have been using meclizine for forty some years it is the only thing that allow me to function when the vertigo is on a rampage."

Lawjwcc November 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vertigo: "I started taking this at the suggestion I read that 90 % of phobias start w the inner ear (google it) and I had been having ear issues. I was diagnosed with mineres diseases but also have agorophobia and anxiety too which often accompany ear issues. This doesn't cure anything but after being dizzy 24/7 for 2 straight weeks I went back on it. I went off it because it gave me headaches. But I am very anti med but taking this really helps me to about 70percent less dizzy"

Dizzy From Tennessee (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Bonine (meclizine) for Vertigo: "This is great stuff. I've had vertigo for 48 years and this works better than the prescription medicine."

Bonobo November 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vertigo: "One day out of the blue I started having vertigo and balance problems. I was prescribed meclizine for immediate symptoms and a diuretic. The meclizine works if at the very first, and I do mean the very symptoms of vertiginous episode I take a 25 mg tablet. It seems to short circuit the episode but doesn't entirely get rid of it. It short circuits enough I can go about daily activities. I was glad to learn doctors don't really know what causes it, exactly how to treat it, and how long it will last. I hope at some point it will go away but I'm not that hopeful it will in the immediate future.We are planning some travel in the very near future. I will probably start meclizine 3 times a day to help ensure I can enjoy the trips."

biker1944 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Bonine (meclizine) for Motion Sickness: "works better on a mostly empty stomach. Took 2 bonine 25 mg pills an hour and a half before my flight, felt virtually no motion sickness on the initial flights or connections. It works!"

Hate flying (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Bonine (meclizine) for Motion Sickness: "I hadn't been on a plane in 6 years, and I had 2 back to back flights in which I was extremely sick and threw up. I took 2 Bonine for the flight back home and I felt absolutely no motion sickness!!! I'm so thankful I got Bonine, now I don't dread airplanes anymore!"

Plane sick no more! August 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vertigo: "Over the last week and a half, I've been light headed, pressure on my forehead. At work I would notice my symptoms more and feel like I'd have to hold on to the counters. Went into the doc, she knew what it was right away with the eye test. She prescribed meclizine 25mg. I took 2 yesterday, haven't even taken one yet today, because I fell asleep on my couch 4 times. I think I'll try just taking a half a tablet at night and see how that goes with the fatigue."

jkehoe (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vertigo: "I was diagnosed today with vertigo, I woke up yesterday morning which was 8/11/2016 i was so dizzy, the rest of the day if I looked down or leaned my head back in would get dizzy, today was worst so I went to the ER was given meclizine I only took 2 so far seems like it works for a few hours a but I want to take one now before bed any suggestions??"

Darylwade913 August 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vertigo: "blurred vision and extreme tiredness. slept entire day and night, fuzzy the second day. Only took one dose. will not take again"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vertigo: "I am writing in case anyone else has similar experience. In 2011, I had vestibular neuritis. My case was severe, w/nystagmus lasting 6 days, I was hospitalized. I recovered from the acute phase w/the help of positive posts from people afflicted & recovered. Eventually, I began having episodes similar & have found out I have 8th cranial nerve damage, residual. Long story short, simple things make me dizzy, car rides, teaching my grandson how to drive, bumpy school bus rides, even upside down emoji smiley faces....yep. This medication has been a life saver & I always have it in my purse. I forget about my condition sometimes & something will make it "act up" & I am s relieved when I remember I have it. I strongly recommend it!"

Cookie456 August 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Dramamine Less Drowsy (meclizine) for Vertigo: "Regular Dramamine makes me extremely groggy. Tried this for the first time today and it works like a gem! I get dizzy and nauseous between 2-4pm every day, Dramamine has been a real savior."

GreeneJ July 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vertigo: "tremendous help with dizziness associated with vertigo"

mrbw1 May 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Motion Sickness: "I always get travel sickness in the backseat of a car to going on a plane. With the pill, I've never felt better. It's like I don't get sick."

Pbfulbright April 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vertigo: "I asked my doctor for a medicine to stop this horrible roller coaster. In the last 2 and a half months I have been on an emotional roller coaster. Hospitalized in Jan. for a nervous break down to put it mildly too much to write and too depressing to reiterate . I had jumped to different depression medications and it resulted in severe vertigo. Nonstop, it was debilitating and not many knew what I was experiencing. I am shocked how this medication has dwindled that roller coaster drop with nausea. Still off, but much improvement as I thought I would go mad with the non stop sensation. I look forward to the day with feeling somewhat "normal" as this has been the most awful journey. Doubters, give this medicine a try."

shakeitoff (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2016