User Reviews for Compazine

Nausea/Vomiting
3.9

Summary of Compazine reviews 3.9 68 reviews

Reviews for Compazine

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was given compazine for extreme vomiting and it literally made me have an out of body experience. I could see my body in the hospital bed but it felt like I was getting up and waking away from the bed so I kept holding on to the railing of the bed. It was horrible. I felt like I was two people and I had no control over my body. I would never take this medicine again."

DD (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting "I am nine weeks pregnant and I went into the hospital last night with severe nausea and vomiting I hadn’t eaten anything for almost 3 days and was down 5 pounds. I was having a migraine from dehydration and they gave me IV Compazine and within four minutes I was feeling like I wanted step out of my own body, I had severe anxiety I felt like I wanted to rip out my IV and run home as fast as I could. I had this overwhelming sense of being so unbelievably uncomfortable that I couldn’t close my eyes because I was so panicky and so shaky so uncomfortable I wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy. I will absolutely never take this medication again it’s been almost 24 hours since that medication was given to me and I’m just now starting to feel back to my old self again needless to say I’m on Zofran now for my nausea and you couldn’t pay me to take Compazine again ."

Britt June 11, 2018

For Anxiety "About a year ago I went in to the ER for nausea and headaches they gave me Compazine through my IV almost instantly my heart was racing to the point I almost passed out I was screaming for help. How does one get over the fear of taking medicine once something like this has happened to them?"

Marie91 June 7, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting "I cannot believe all of these totally horrible experiences with compazine. I was given in my IV for severe nausea and I had absolutely no side effects what so ever. I have taken another one now that I am home before I went to bed, again no problems or side effects at all. Hard to believe so many people are having such severe reactions?"

Miss (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting "I have been given Compazine in my IV and it was one of the most horrible experiences in my life! It almost immediately made me very anxious, I wanted to pull my IV out and just get out of the hospital! I felt zombie like and my face went numb. I the side effects like these for about 3 days! Never again will I take compazine!"

Angel (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2018

For Psychosis "The first time I was given IV compazine I pulled my IV out and fled the hospital! The second time I actually called my nurse and told him how I felt and he said has seen it before with compazine and the doctor gave me IV benedryl which almost took the scared antsy panic feeling awake but made me a complete zombie. I will never again be a doctors guinea pig!"

OahLort (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting "Literally had the same symptoms as everyone on here is explaining, 2 days after and still feeling the effects. I literally feel like I’m dying and my headache is still there."

Jlhp418 (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting "Was given this medication as a pill when I was in the hospital for migraines at 15 years old. I took it for two days, and it did not seem to do anything for my headache, but on the third day I started to develop extremely uncomfortable symptoms. My jaw began to slide to the left and lock in place, then my neck began to contort to the side. My heart was racing and I had no control over my muscles. I went to the ER and they told me it was a dystonic reaction, and fairly common for this medication. They gave me 50 mg of Benadryl and immediately my muscles began to go back to normal. I still have nerve/muscles problems today that I believe were caused by this medication. I do not know why it has not been banned yet DO NOT take it."

del98 February 18, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting "Went to emergency for cluster migrain headache; given compazine by injection and had an immediate allergic reaction. Felt like I wanted to jump outside my skin; intense burning sensation and panic mode. Woke up the next day with catastrophic tinnitus. Health went downhill with side effects of Neutropenia. Wasted away from 150lbs to 110lbs. RATING 1"

Petrov (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting "I went to the ER with a migraine and I got this through an IV. I was totally fine and all happy until this drug hit me. I went completely insane. I got claustrophobic, I wanted to kill myself, I started twitching, and I got super anxious. They gave me some Benadryl which helped so they sent me home. On the way home it happened again, and it kept happening all night even after I kept taking Benadryl. The only time I felt not insane was when I was sleeping but I was still having weird dreams. The next morning I woke up and I was still really anxious but the serious side effects went away. For 2 more days I still felt anxious and it was the worst thing ever. Everyone told me this was really rare and I don't think any of the people there at the ER really knew what was going on. This is a scary drug. I just wanted to share my story."

MadPizza February 10, 2018

For Anxiety "I have a severe anxiety disorder I came in with chest pain and sharp pains in my head the doctor gave me compazine combined with Benadryl and I felt a absolutely horrible went into full on panic mode felt like I was having a tachycardia attack couldn’t speak had cotton mouth the whole 9 yards. What genius gave this to me knowing the side effects?"

I hate hospitals February 7, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting "Look up "dystonic reaction" before taking this med and be prepared to go to the ER if your muscles start freezing up. Taking this med led to one of the scariest experiences of my life. It definitely worked for the nausea, but at the cost of becoming a squawking, paralyzed contortionist. I must have looked like I needed an exorcism by the time I arrived at the ER, but only took an ambulance ride and several IV shots of both benzatropine and Valium to get me back to normal."

Pseudonymish (taken for less than 1 month) December 21, 2017

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was born with chronic pancreatitis and chronic migraines so vomiting is a for sure thing every time I visit the ER. I have never in my life been traumatized by a medication until this encounter. It is like we are their lab rats, you feel helpless, insane, delusional, 51-50, a psychopath. You literally feel trapped inside your body if that makes any sense. I try to hold my composure off this medication because it literally makes you crazy. It should be illegal for them to give inject you with it without a warning on the side effects. You feel so weird for 3 days, it’s as if your innocence has been robbed from you, a form of violation."

Silverio (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2017

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was given this for nausea that could not be helped with zofran. I take it on a as needed bases or when the zofran won't work. I have a lot of stomach issues and I can say this stuff definitely helps. It does make me a little sleep but I'll take that any day over feeling sick and throwing up. The down side is the restless side effect. I feel like I have to keep moving unless I somehow manage to fall asleep. Then I am knocked out. Sometimes I take valium or benadryl to combat the feeling. But that leaves me groggy and unable to function"

Anonymous December 5, 2017

For Nausea/Vomiting "I went to the ER with nausea, they gave me compazine immediately I felt hot and restless . I freaked out they moved me from the hallway to a room where I became restless and angry . My jaw locked up and I was shaking uncontrollably, my heart raced and I felt like I was gonna die. My symptoms lessened after about 8hrs where I slept off and on. I went to a different ER and they gave me a small dose of Ativan but it didn’t make me feel any better. The next day I still feel panicky and my heart feels weird and the shaking comes and goes also have horrible diarrhea. Worst experience of my life."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2017

For Nausea/Vomiting "Was given compazine for the first time in the ER. It was mixed in a cocktail for my headache. After 3 minutes I started feeling uneasy and I started to have a full in panic attack, I’ve never felt that in my life! I ripped my IV out of my arm and started kicking the walls and stomping , they thought I was insane! I told them it was the medicine , they didn’t do anything just released me and I felt like my skin was crawling for 3 days. Was the absolute worst experience of my whole life !"

Abbyhijabi November 15, 2017

For Nausea/Vomiting "I took this during my first trimester of pregnancy for nausea. It worked wonders for about two days. On the third day I started to feel strange at work and took a break. My forehead and throat felt like they were tightening. I decided to go home and about halfway there I felt my jaw forcing itself to the left while my top teeth forcing to the right. I couldn’t control my face or tongue whatsoever. I should have went to the emergency room but instead I decided to call it a day and try to fall asleep. I didn’t fall asleep until 2am or so when the flexes in my face finally subsided. Strangest experience of my life. My neck and jaw were so sore for days afterwards."

1aurafu September 29, 2017

For Psychosis "After having had to take steroids for severe asthma all of my life I have been dealing with a very horrible side effects of psychosis on steroids. Unfortunately there are many people in the medical field he still do not know how to deal with that. I have learned to ask for Compazine and have been able to take small amounts to get back to a straight playing with my mental health and survive the hospitalization and the several weeks afterwards when I'm having to cut down the prednisones back to nothing. It has saved my life and has probably saved a few hospitalizations because a lot of people don't know how to deal with someone who says high doses of Cortizone make me psychotic. My long-term doctors know it but short term hospitalization Compazine saves me from all sorts of other issues that could come up that I've already dealt with in the last 64 years."

Sidly (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2017

For Anxiety "Given this medication for a headache 3 weeks ago still feeling side effects! Very restless, insomnia,irrational thoughts, I feel like I've lost touch in reality! It's horrible! I wish they would've told me before they put it in me through IV! If anyone please knows what to do to fall back in to reality please share"

Gabrielaa21 July 16, 2017

For Nausea/Vomiting "Worst experience ever!!! I had almost everyone's HORRIBLE side effects . Do not use this. I was given through an infusion with 50 mg benadryl and toradol. Never again!!!!"

Rabonka06 (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2017

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was in and out of the ER due to migraines and on the last day they gave me a prescription of Compazine. The next day when I took it I laid down to take a nap and woke up struggling to breath. My throat was closing and I could barely talk. I went into a full blown panic attack and called the ambulance. They gave me 3 different shots of something I can't remember and rushed me to the hospital. My jaw felt locked like I clinching my teeth hard together by the time I got to the hospital. I was shaking uncontrollably and crying hysterically. After I was discharged I came home and chugged some childrens benadryl and took some xanax and felt the side effect slowly go away. I have never in my felt so scared."

NelBenally (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2017

For Nausea/Vomiting "My wife was administered Compazine after receiving chemo to relieve nausea symptoms. Within 12 hours, she became restless, irritable, felt like her muscles were being ripped out of her body, it caused her to have a 103 fever and diarrhea, coupled with the chemo almost killed her. She ended up in the ICU unconscious and almost died. Our team of doctors told us the was a rare occurrence. From reading the other reviews, and witnessing this first-had. I would advise anyone, if offered this drug to decline. It was truly the biggest nightmare of my wife's life. On the scale of 1-10 above this survey asked to select how effective this medicine was. Therefor we would give it a 0=ZERO."

JMG18 March 23, 2017

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was given compazine through the IV for nausea and vomiting while admitted. It was an absolute nightmare that still makes me feel pure fear when I think about it. I thought I was going to die. At first, my legs just felt restless which I thought I was just having some anxiety, but then it really hit. I couldn't get my body to cool down, I started vomiting, then lost control of my bowels in front of the nurses. This lasted over six hours until they finally gave me something that knocked me out until it was over. I thought I was going to die. It scared both my partner who was there and myself to the point that I am now scared to take anymore medications fearing a similar reaction. They should really warn people about this drug."

dharrison52 (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2017

For Nausea/Vomiting "Reading the effects some folks have had brings me right back to 1993. I was 2 months pregnant with my son, who is now 23. I was vomiting so badly and was given compazine as a suppository. It worked wonders for the first 2 days. My 3rd day was a trip to HELL! I was on the phone with my mom and my words started slurring. I then started having uncontrollable muscle spasms in my face. My upper and lower jaw started moving in opposite directions so severely that I had to hold my face in place screaming in pain! My husband had to rush me to the ER in the middle of a snow storm. It was a horrific experience and I can not believe that this drug still exists! I was told that compazine is used as a component in other drugs, BEWARE!"

Toni Ann S. February 10, 2017

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was talking to my sister about my bad reaction to a medication I took 15 years ago called Compazine. I took this prescribed medicine while at home. I remember my experience like it was yesterday. At first I felt a twitching in my jaws. All at once, my bottom jaw started going to the right, and my top jaw started going to the left. I could not stop it and I could not talk. In fact, my jaw felt like it was trying to break off my face. I remember the emotional and physical pain. Me and my husband were both crying, because we both didn't understand what was happening! My husband ended up taking me to another clinic, and they admitted me at once. So BEWARE! Just from talking - I found out this same medication hurt my sister just last year."

Mahbulla (taken for 10 years or more) February 3, 2017