User Reviews for Compazine

2.7

Summary of Compazine reviews 3.0 121 reviews

Reviews for Compazine

ThatGuy July 18, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "Believe the reviews! Do not under any circumstances when going to the ER for a migraine/headache have them give you prochlorperazine through a IV. When it was given I had an insanely fast heart rate, my skin was crawling, and I literally stood up asked the nurse to remove my IV and I paced the hospital non stop. My wife drove me home and I literally paced my house for almost 3 days straight as I couldn’t sit still or sleep! It’s been a month since then and I’m still having PTSD from that incident."

skylee95 · Taken for less than 1 month July 16, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "I know all drugs come with side effects, but please listen to me and other people on here. I was given Compazine ONE time in February of 2019 for vomiting. I experienced graphic really dark thoughts, hallucinations, akathisia, tinnitus, panic attacks, brain zaps, a feeling of bugs crawling under my skin, paranoia, and at one point a complete inability to feel joy. I am still not myself and it is now July. There is nothing any doctor can do for you once this medication messes you up. I was a normal wife, mother, and employee and some days now I can’t take care of myself let alone my family. This drug has ruined my life and it was one dose for something as simple as nausea. There are much safer alternatives for nausea and vomiting."

Nuge July 10, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was on this thread a while ago to see if people had a similar experience and I’m just now deciding to post because I remember how horrible it was. I went into the ER with pancreatitis and instead of promethazine they decided to do compazine...I wish I could go back in time and stop the nurse from administering it. They pushed it with IV dilaudid so it took a bit for me to feel the negative effects but long story short...crippling anxiety, sweats, uncontrolled movement (dystonia), insomnia, the list goes on. Didn’t sleep for 56 hours and the only thing that even helped a little was walking...I walked that entire time. This medication is the worst"

jj July 7, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "Worst experience of my life. AVOID AT ALL COSTS."

Bear · Taken for less than 1 month June 27, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "I wish I could give this drug 0/10 stars. This is not a drug that I would give to my worst enemy--And I have tried MANY drugs for migraines! I was given this with the migraine cocktail in the ER, which also includes benadryl & toradol. I experienced extreme anxiety and restlessness. I wanted to rip the IV out of my arm and run out of the hospital... not that I could have done this anyways because it caused me to have extrapyramidal and dystonic side effects!!!!! When I got discharged from the ER, this was the worst night of my life. My friend had to sleep over because I was freaking out. The side effects lasted for 2 days."

Yvaine June 24, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "Worst medication! About 9 years ago when I was in high school I caught mono and was vomiting a few times when my mother took me to an ER/urgent care. They gave me an IV with compazine and a prescription for home. It wasn't until maybe the second day I couldn't move my muscles. I had ZERO movement to my body and could barely walk. Or get dressed. Nothing. I constantly shook like I was have a seizure. I couldn't sleep for an entire week! Let alone sit still. It was constant anxiety. It's like I lost all ability to relax. It was a living hell. When I went back to the urgent care the lady literally told me it was mono. I went home and continued to take this medication not knowing I had a severe allergic reaction. Finally went back again and got a doctor who actually knew what was going on! He told me to stop taking compazine ASAP. People get PERMANENT damage from this! It took over a month for this to leave my system and until this day the anxiety is still there."

bulldog82 · Taken for less than 1 month June 18, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "I suffer from severe headaches on occasion and usually Excedrin will do the trick. I had a headache several months ago that was there for 3 days. I finally broke down and went to the ER. They gave me Compazine and put me in a waiting room. Within five minutes I felt terrified like I had to get away. I told my wife to tell them to get my IV off me or I would rip it out of my arm. They let me sign-out AMA and I fled the hospital. For several hours after I felt like the walls were closing in and doom was imminent. I hate this medication and will NEVER take it again. Beware!!!"

Emmie · Taken for less than 1 month June 16, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "Refuse this medication. Went in with worst headache of my life, confusion and heavy, wave like sensation in my body. Was given Compazine and Benadryl through IV, was told I’d have anxiety. I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Pharmacophobia, so that in itself was irresponsible, I think. Instant panic attack, feeling of being on the edge of blacking out, constant, horrible anxiety, the wave like sensation, mood changes and Akathisia for the past month since being treated with this medication ONCE."

Klauren · Taken for less than 1 month May 28, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "Went to ER for a migraine I could not control. Was given compazine by IV. Instantly felt like I was crawling out of my skin couldn't sit still. Went home and a few hours later ended back at the ER due to uncontrollable body movements. When I got there the doctor told me it was dystonia, which is a side effect reaction from the medication compazine which is unrerversible. It has been almost 7 months since this day and I still have uncontrollable muscle movements and severe anxiety. Please do not take this drug my life has been hell ever since."

Patty · Taken for less than 1 month May 16, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "It is absolutely horrible I went into the ER yesterday with a bad headache on one side they wanted to give me some cocktail with included compazine and Benadryl combined I said no, I should have done my research on compazine prior to getting it intravenously the worst mistake of my life I had shakes anxiety which I don't have the worst dry mouth of my life that I almost choked on my sugar pill I felt like it had been out in the desert for a year I could not keep my mouth moist fast enough. It has been almost 24 hours and I'm still not back to 100 percent yet. That drug is toxic I would never I don't care how much pain I'm in ever take that drug."

Kate May 9, 2019

For Anxiety "I wish there was the option to rate this drug a zero. Compazine is hands down THE WORST MEDICATION I have EVER had. They gave me this in the ER with tordol for a migraine after asking them please don’t try something new because I know what works and doesn’t. The Doctor didn’t care or listen and gave this to me. I will try and best explain how it made me feel: I have never been so afraid in all my life. I felt like I was going to die and my mom had to keep telling me I was ok. My heart rate shot way up and I felt like I was coming out of my skin and being buried alive all while not being able to move .I felt like I couldn’t breathe like something was suffocating me. I kept asking my mom to pray for me right then and there because I didn’t want to die but was certain I was going to. I didn’t want them to give me anything else because I was so fearful for my life. This drug should be taken off the market and banned"

Dkb · Taken for less than 1 month April 27, 2019

For Anxiety "Went to the ER with a headache and was give an IV with Benadryl and compazine. IMMEDIATELY I began to have a panic attack. The only way I can describe it is like being buried alive. I was so tired but coming out of my skin. Worst feeling of my life and now going to the hospital and regular routine appointments give me anxiety. I’m afraid of getting shots and taking medicines. My life has not been the same since getting that IV. I don’t understand how this drug could be used to treat anxiety."

cruise April 22, 2019

For Anxiety "I was given Compazine in the hospital along with Toradol. I have been to ER many many times for migraines and they wouldn't listen to me, I usually get Toradol and a just a tiny bit of morphine. The doctor said no and gave me this combo. That was two years ago and ever since I have had to be on multiple medications from the severe side effects I had. I ran out of the hospital, complete panic stricken, horrible thoughts, dread, doom you name it. I am not taking several pills a day all because of one single dose of Compazine. I can not get any lawyers that will handle my case because its against the drug company. Awful awful drug."

Lovingocean92 · Taken for less than 1 month April 10, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was fine the first 24 hours after my benadryl and compazine injection for a severe migraine but now 3 days later I've been experiencing severe dystonia in my neck, back and right arm. My hand was clenched in a tight fist all day and I couldn't move it. Not only that but Compzine made me hallucinate. I was hearing and seeing things and thinking very negative thoughts. Never ever will I take this medication again."

Asia · Taken for less than 1 month April 10, 2019

For Anxiety "It’s so sad that these doctors don’t care about us like they should. I went to the ER today because I was having debilitating pressure in the middle of my head now I was already messed up when I got there, and I already suffer from severe anxiety and then they turned around and gave me Compazine in my IV. I literally I felt like I was dying, I could not be still, I could not sit down, I didn’t know what to do, my body almost couldn’t handle this medication and the reason for giving this was because I had a headache. No... people, please do not ever take this drug at all it dose not help you it hurts you. I’m still sleepy from taking this and it was 10am now it’s 9pm where I am. Do not take this drug,"

Uslessmeds April 6, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was given a migraine cocktail that had compazine included in it. THIS MEDICATION MADE MY SYMTOMS A MILLION TIMES WORSE! I started with my heart pounding and a severe anxious feeling immediately. I was given this med thru an IV. It literally felt like an instant panic attack. It's been 4 days now and I still am having spontaneous bouts of anxiety due to this medication. The half life is 24 hours with this med and it's been well over 96 hours since I was administered it and I'm still experiencing side effects. I also got low blood pressure which gave me cold sweats, disorientation and I was freezing. My only relief was from hot baths which made my blood pressure go up some. I also had dissociation, as if I wasn't even myself, from this medication. I can not stress enough how awful this medication is and it should NOT be used as nausea relief unless it's for EXTREME circumstances. This medication is used in people with schizophrenia! I am still not myself days after and its miserable."

Bby713 · Taken for less than 1 month April 4, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "Given intravenously when zofran wasn’t working for severe nausea. Caused me to have an insane panic attack, didn’t know where I was, wanted to escape... it was insane."

Cat · Taken for less than 1 month April 4, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "I thought I had the flu so I went to the ER to get tested. It came back negative but since I had a migraine they gave me a “headache cocktail “ which my sister had a bad reaction to but I had forgotten (after all I had a migraine and couldn't think straight). I got the IV meds and one of them was Compazine.....the awful liquid itself. Immediately I had trouble getting comfortable and my throat felt like I had a shrunken airway but the doctors said it was just anxiety. So it’s 4 in the morning and I’m stumbling around the hospital waiting for my prescription and my step dad to come pick me up and I’m falling asleep any time I sit down. As soon as I got home I fell into bed and couldn’t sleep unless my legs were writhing around. Then I slept off and on for almost 20 hours. I sweated most of the medication out thank goodness but I’ve never had anything like it happen before. I was by myself and was terrified. Why is this medication even still given?!?!"

Shel · Taken for less than 1 month April 2, 2019

For Anxiety "This medication gave me the worst thoughts of suicide, fear and anxiety. My mother had to sleep with me for a week after so I wouldn’t cry due to being alone in my thoughts. This medication should be avoided AT ALL COST. REFUSE THIS MEDICATION"

Kaderade · Taken for less than 1 month April 2, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "I've had three OHS (open heart surgery) so I've had my fair share of IV medicine. NOTHING, and I repeat, absolutely nothing I have taken has made me feel as awful as this did. Five minutes after receiving the dose of compazine I started getting restless, like I wanted to crawl out of my skin. I complained about how uncomfortable I truly was, and the doctor just said oh yeah, that happens. Please don't take this, it may have helped my pain. But here I am 19 hours later still feeling like complete garbage. I honestly wish I would have read these reviews first."

Pooh · Taken for less than 1 month March 23, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "I went to the ER last night with nausea and vomiting. I was given zofran, but it had soon worn off. I told the doctor and he said he would give me something else. The nurse came in with the compazine. She gave it to me through my IV. Within minutes I started to feel really jittery and restless! I started to become anxious and fidgety, and I wanted to rip my IV out of my arm. The medicine worked for the nausea, but it's definitely not worth the side effects! It was the worst feeling ever!!! It has been 21 hours since and I still don't feel right. The symptoms have calmed down a lot but I'm still not 100%."

Dee · Taken for less than 1 month March 22, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "26 years ago I was prescribed this for vomiting and soon after I took it at home I had a stroke (at 22 years old) You can imagine the trauma I went through. I was home alone with my infant when it happened. I lost all control of the right side of my body. I could barely speak. I got to a phone in the house (no cellphone back then 26 years ago) and called my sister who lived closest to me. She couldn’t make out what I was saying until I started crying, then she realized I was in danger So she rushed over and got me to the nearby hospital. By the that time I was also beginning to swallow my tongue. I thought I was gonna die. I apparently passed out and when I came to I was hooked up to things, I was feeling much better from whatever they did for me, and had told me I had a stroke. Because of how young I was there wasn’t too much permanent damage. My right side of my face is still slightly lower or droopy than the other side from the incident but my brain is ok. Scary!"

Khern · Taken for less than 1 month March 21, 2019

"I went to the ER with a spinal headache after a lumbar puncture. This medication was given with Benadryl and it made me flip out. As the nurse gave me compazine, I felt my ability to speak leave my body, and I couldn’t keep my mind on track. At first it was great and really knocked the headache back. Then, the crazies started. I was tossing and turning, I couldn’t get comfortable. I felt like I wanted to run naked down the halls screaming. I started to panic and ended up sending my mom to get the doctor. It was this fear of panic and dread, all I could think was how long it would last. Initially I refused any more medications because I was so scared. They ended up adding Cogentin after talking me down, which knocked me out because I was so upset. Not a great experience."

Liv · Taken for less than 1 month March 21, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "I went to the ER when I was experiencing headaches and vomiting due to a new medication I was put on. The doctors gave me compazine, toradol and Benadryl through my IV. After a few minutes I experienced the worst feelings of my life. I was thrown into a huge panic attack, I couldn't sit still, my heart rate rose to over 130. I had to stay in the hospital for 5 extra hours just to get my heart rate to return to normal. It took 24+ hours for the initial panic feeling to go away and now going on 48 hours my head still feels all foggy and I get dizzy when I stand up for long periods of time. I hope I return to normal soon and I would not recommend this medication to anyone!!"

Bella Jasmine · Taken for less than 1 month March 19, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "I went to the ER with a migraine that was way off the charts painful. I was also really nauseous and throwing up every 10 minutes. I had been given dilaudid, Benedryl, and reglan the last time I had to go to the ER for the same reason. The reglan had actually made my nausea worse, so this time the doctor gave me compazine which helped the nausea soooo much!!! I didn’t have any side effects except for a little sleepiness. I would definitely recommend this medication to anyone who can’t use reglan."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)