User Reviews for Compazine

Learn more about Compazine.

Hiccups 1 reviews 8 medications

Anxiety 3 reviews 63 medications

4.7
Nausea/Vomiting 38 reviews 160 medications

4.7
Summary of Compazine reviews 42 reviews 4.8

Reviews for Compazine

For Nausea/Vomiting "They gave me this medication via IV in the ER for a very intense migraine and extreme nausea, I would never recommend this medication to anyone ever, the second it was pushed through, I started having an extreme panic attack, something like I have never felt before, like a huge wave of doom rushed over me, I started freaking out so badly I almost ripped my IV out and ran away, it was so traumatizing to me that they pushed a big dose of Ativan though my IV just to knock me out, I truly thought I was dying... And after all that it felt like my skin was crawling for a good 32 hours. No, thank you. Never again will allow this in my body."

Never. Again. (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "I had been suffering from severe nausea and vomiting on and off including migraine, fever and flank pain. It was my second time in the ER so they gave me compazine and I'd never had it, it relieved my nausea and migraine but I started feeling so restless I was freaking out, like I wanted to rip out my iv and leave and run away. Then they told me it's a side effect and I already suffered from severe anxiety it made it 1000x worse. I had the worst time trying to sleep, then had the weirdest dreams of my life. They gave me Morphine shortly after which calmed me a little and took the rest of my pain away but I was hoping it'd honestly put me out. 24hrs layer and I still feel that restlessness in my body but it's so much better than it was."

Ahri (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2016

For Anxiety "Had this in a "headache cocktail" last night when I went into ER for an intense migraine with garbled speech. NEVER again. I have never appreciated a headache more because by comparison it was so much better than the side effects of Compazine. It made me a crazy person in full blown panic attack mode. I was trying to pull out the IV and run away. I felt doom and dread and mental anguish. I was yelling and just trying to figure out a way to kill myself (literally) if the mental pain and confusion didn't stop soon. Luckily the terror didn't last long because three nurses came in and gave me more benedryl which counteracted or at least knocked me out. I am a bit traumatized by the experience but feel alot better today."

tinapeeps (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "Had a severe allergic reaction to compazine which was given to me to treat nausea, unable to breathe, throat closed had to be rushed to hospital. and it didn't stop the vomiting"

1750babs (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "The absolute worst experience with an antiemetic I have ever had. I literally panicked in the hospital to the point I almost pulled my iv out. Zofran stopped working for my hyperemesis gravidum...but I would rather live with nausea vomiting day in and out then feel the uncontrolled anxiety and restlessness I felt with compazine!"

Horrible (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was taking zofran for years for severe nausea. During a hospital stay I was given Reglan and had horrible hallucinations and my skin was crawling like some people in the reviews had with Prochlorperazine. However Zofran stopped working for me during the last bout of nausea so my doc gave me Prochlorperazine which helped tremendously and thankfully I had no side effects."

Nana Dee August 2, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "I've been taking Compazine for years for nausea due to stomach problems. I have never had any side effects and it completely gets rid of my nausea. Best antiemetic for me."

Ladyjane12345 July 22, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "If i could rate this lower than a 1 I would. Worst. Experience. Of my life. I had severe nausea from a dental infection in the hospital and the doctors gave me compazine through IV. I don't even know when this happened but I had a crazy out of body experience. I saw myself laying in my bed and had NO idea where I was. I thought I was in Arizona at first at a hotel and then freaked out because I had no clue who the people in the room were (my parents, my regular nurses). The room spun and then I vomited everywhere. It was horrifying. I was nauseous for about twelve more hours and then had hallucinations. I saw people walking in and out of my hospital room that I knew damn well weren't real or there.DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG."

mmmmmmmmMmmmmmmmm July 11, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "I went to the ER for stomach pains and nausea. I am allergic to so many pain medicines that there is little I can take. They gave me compazine and as they put it in my iv they told me it could cause severe anxiety in some people. Well I can tell you now, it was horrific. I have had one major panic attack in my life and this was 20 times worse. I started pulling off my clothes and ripped the iv out. They had to give me a big dose of Benedryl to "reverse" the effects. Please please think twice and consider other choices before taking this!"

SPha May 28, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "I took this for my extreme amount of nausea causing anxiety. It did wonders for my nausea! It was wonderful and like a miracle. Until the 3rd time I took it... I had the worst experience of my life. My jaw got locked and stuck to one side, my eyes got locked looking upwards and I couldn't move them, my jaw felt as if it was trying to break itself and was so painful . I ended up sticking my finger down my throat to make myself vomit up the drug. It continued to lock my jaw up off and on for the next 48 hours. Never again. Be careful of the side effects. Worked wonders for my nausea and vomiting, but I would rather be throwing up than experiences those side effects"

Hannah36910 May 19, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was given this through an IV in the ER. I had terrible nausea and Zofran didn't touch it. Even though compazine did take my nausea away, it left me incredibly groggy yet restless. I spent the entire rest of the day in a haze. I've never abused drugs but I would imagine this is how you would feel when coming off of some sort of high yet it lasts all day long. I kept feeling angry and anxious as well. I would much rather have nausea and will never take this medicine again!"

Jennna May 9, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was given this medication to help with the side effects of Chemo and radiation and it was ok the first day but as the days went on I began to feel irritated groggy and EXTREMELY restless but I was really tired like super tired. It kept me so drained that I slept for 22 hours! Almost all the side effects mentioned above (or below) I experienced them too. I will NEVER take this again! I rather be nauseous!!"

HunnieBunz May 1, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "Went to the ER twice with a severe migraine, both times given Compazine. It definitely helps with relieving the pain but the side effects out weigh it for me. Felt like my skin was crawling, restlessness, skin rash, dry mouth, anxiety (triggered a panic attack both times), brought up a lot of bad thoughts of how I was dying. Long term, rebound headache, insomnia, loss of appetite. Also had it with Benadryl once and that scared me."

saaaaaaaam February 21, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "I've been suffering from IBS for years and compazine is the only medicine that gets rid of nausea. I've never had any side effects, which is fabulous. I am tired all the time but it beats nausea!"

Fantastic Mrs J January 10, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "Extreme agitation and anxiety... Never again... Very restless"

Cj1977 December 27, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting "Beware, this medicine causes agitation in a lot of people. The feeling is indescribable, though some have told me it like withdrawals. Awful stuff. Felt like my skin was crawling. Just awful."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting "Had nausea from chemo and radiation and was given Zofran. Zofran did nothing to curb the nausea. I was just recently changed over to Compazine and the nausea is gone! I've not experienced any side effects whatsoever."

RenaeDeac October 30, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was prescribed compazine in 1989 for severe morning sickness during the forth month of my second pregnancy. By the third day, I was rushed to the hospital because my chin locked over my left shoulder, my tongue hung out of my mouth impeding my speech, the muscles in my eyes froze, keeping me from blinking. My five year old got home from school and found me drooling on my self, grunting b/c I could not speak. Good thing I'd taught her how to call 911. Shortly, an ambulance drove up and rushed me to the emergency room. They thought I'd had a stroke. Luckily, I had the vile of compazine in my purse. Needless to say, my son was born with neurological issues which have lasted a lifetime."

Klein's October 19, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting "This medicine was awful. I took it for severe nausea and vomiting and it made me anxious, nervous, and on edge. I have never felt that way before and will never again take this medication."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was suffering from unexplained nausea for about a year. I tried a host of other anti-nausea medications but nothing really seemed to be helping. My doctor gave my compazine, which helped my nausea but made me exhausted by the evening and caused me to burst into tears at least once a day. I stopped taking the medication because the side effects were too much for me to handle."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 3, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was given this for migraines. I was stationed in Hampton Roads, VA doing my time in the Navy. I had a TBI in Bahrain, and was sent to Virginia for various medical treatments. I had blackouts and severe migraines that made me see spots at least 3-5 times a week. It was pure hell so I thought. I would try to tolerate it the best I could, and I began frequenting the hospital where I received this drug. It took some time to figure out which drug I was having the horrendous side effects. Portsmouth Naval issued me a "cocktail" as they called it with this drug included. Over a few experiences with various doctors I figured out this drug was the culprit. This drug made me feel like something terrible was crawling under my skin. 6 hours of hell."

Ashley A. (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting "I have been on Compazine for over 2 years and it has been an absolute overall relief of nausea, anxiety and nerves/nervous tension. Finding a doctor who will prescribe it without a struggle and or reservation is a whole other issue. I've been told it carries too many side effects and isn't considered safe or for long term. I've been told to switch to Zofran. The upside is Zofran seems to have a fairly good rating. I never suffered side effects from the Compazine."

blaze22 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 30, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting "Very bad side effects. Given by IV in the emergency room for severe migraine. Jaw clenching, agitation, loss of appetite, groggy, incessent urination (with a fowl smell). Side effects lasted for a week after administration."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was in the hospital suffering from post lumbar puncture headache and nausea/severe vomiting. IV Zofran did nothing, IV Reglan did nothing, only the IV Compazine gave me relief. Granted as soon as it ran out I started up again, but at least it allowed me a few hours of peace to sleep."

Asscher (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2014

For Hiccups "I actually had this right in front of me while I was smoking a cigarette and my hiccups went away. "

threalmanlyman December 20, 2014