User Reviews for Olanzapine systemic

5.5

1 review 8 medications
Summary of Olanzapine reviews 6.7 477 reviews

Reviews for Olanzapine

Zyprexa (olanzapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Only been on Zyprexa for 5 days, but I'm loving it so far. I was hospitalized five days ago for extreme mania, they took me off of Abilify (which I believe caused the mania, I'd only been put on it two weeks before). They added Zyprexa 10mg to my trazodone at night (also take Lamictal and Zoloft in the am). It was a bit too sedating at 10mg, so they bumped it down to 5mg and it's perfect. I've always had mad munchies at night from the trazodone anyways, and am still not hungry till dinner anyways, so it isn't really causing me any weight gain. It brought me out of mania the first time I took it, I hope to never be without this med again, as of now. Again, just started it 5 days ago but I've actually lost 4 pounds since then, and I can't say enough good about it!"

OpposumMajor (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2018

Zyprexa (olanzapine) for Depression: "A doctor said I had bipolar and put me on Zyprexa and Lexapro. It was a nightmare, I told my doctor it made my depression worse and that I developed restless leg syndrome while on it. The doctor completely ignored me. After months of this horrible nightmare, I switched doctor's and was told I am NOT bipolar, but suffer from depression. I was tapered off Zyprexa and now I feel 100% better. Thankful"

Me (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 31, 2018

Zyprexa (olanzapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "This is the best side effect free strong antipsychotic I have taken so far. I have bipolar disorder and just 2.5 mg is enough to combat mania and minor depression. I also have anxiety and and it makes me calm. I don’t take it everyday. I take it sometimes when my doctor says. No side effects, no dizziness, no anxiety, no AKATHISIA just drowsiness which I like for anxiety."

GR (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 26, 2018

For Insomnia: "Zyprexa is not a sleep medication and should not be prescribed for sleep issues. It is a powerful anti-psychotic approved and used for schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. It is one of the most potent, if not the most potent anti-psychotic. Once on it, in most cases, it is virtually impossible to get off it. Psychiatrists and other doctors are told that it does not have addictive or withdrawal effects. Once on Zyprexa, most people cannot get off it without major side effects. Psychiatrists call this discontinuation syndrome, but for lay people, it is no different than withdrawal. At first, it will help your sleep and, over time, it will loose its potency, requiring ever higher and more dangerous amounts of a drug that affects myriad chemicals in the brain and has been shown to shrink brain tissue. Do your research. Be very careful."

Sebastian (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 17, 2018

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I have been taking olanzapine for a little under a month now and I have noticed slight effects and it doesn’t completely stop the BPD but it does help getting yourself back to being you which is something I struggle with immensely! I take 5mg of olanzapine in the morning along side 100mg of sertraline. At night I have 10mg of olanzapine and 10mg of melatonin an hour before my bed and I quickly get sleepy. For me olanzapine has made slight changes with my moods and personality but I need to wait a few more weeks to start noticing the full effects. Thanks in your time reading my review and opinion"

Cameron (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2018

For Depression: "I have been on it for a month now. Its been great. I don't have the weight gain problem or the sexual problems. I basically laid on the sofa with the blinds pulled shut for 3-4 years depressed. I take it at night and zoloft in the morning. I don't feel at all like a zombie in fact I feel great. I'm off the sofa doing things I love again. I sleep regularly and have a positive out look on life once again. This drug has changed my life for the better. I hope this helps someone."

Brian (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 14, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder: "Been on 2.5mg for 5 months due to anxiety and agitation. It’s helped no doubt. Sleep is rock solid, 8 hours every night and zero weight gain. I train 5 days a week rotating cardio and weight training. I also take 45 mg mirtazapine for depression. Hopefully there is no poop out with this drug. My Pdoc and plan to come off when I have healed enough."

Town (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 7, 2018

For Depressive Psychosis: "I had a psychotic epsiode about 10 years ago bought about I think by a history of depression and some traumatic life events. I had every symptom imaginable, inc mind control, paranoia, persecution complex, God talking to me through material objects like fridge turning on and off! Rapid thoughts, anxiety confusion, intrusive thoughts etc. Olanzapine with an anti depressent really helped me get a hold of myself. Works straight away. It kind of puts your emotions in a box and stops your thoughts running away with themselves. Side effects are, increased appetite, which leads to increased weight gain if you can't control it. Slight sedation. You will sleep well on them. Unpleasant frozen face syndrome. I couldn't really communicate emotions facially. Felt like I was wearing a mask. Depends on how much your charisma means to you. I hated this particular side effect. I think they need to be taken with a good quality anti depressant to counter the drowsiness and sedation. (sertraline)"

spynage October 5, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder: "(Short version.) Had a psychotic episode in 2010. Olanzapine cured it. Tried stopping the olanzapine and for the first time in my life experienced insomnia. 7 days 7 nights not a minute of sleep. First time trying sleeping pills, they didn't work. Back on 10mg olanzapine, opposite problem. 12 hours of sleep a night with ease, but no motivation to get up. I spend so much time being tired, I wonder is it even worth being alive. Work, sleep, repeat. Also, gained almost 100 lbs since starting olanzapine. In the past 3 years I have managed to lose almost 60. Will try cutting back the dosage because when I'm on olanzapine, I feel like I'm already dead. I want to live again. Being so tired all the time and spending most of my time asleep isn't living."

Torstang (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 4, 2018

Zyprexa (olanzapine) for Depression: "I have ever been a fan of antidepressants as I feel they are a bandaid for underlying problems. I starting to think differently. My doctor put me on 2.5 mg along with 0.5 Xanax. After years of feeling depressed and hopeless I now have more energy, sleep well at night waking up feeling great. I have also have gained weight which I needed to do. I give Zyprexa a 10 stars"

Lilone (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 30, 2018

Zyprexa (olanzapine) for Schizophrenia: "I took this medication for 9 months before the voices in my head went away. I continued taking this medication for two years. I'm still not convinced that this medication had anything to do with the voices going away. I think if it were effective, the voices would have stopped sooner. I also always felt sedated and never had any motivation to do anything. I used to be the person who always read all of the recent news and was well-informed but this medication turned me into a lazy and ill-informed person. I also used to run and do yoga often but this medication made me have no motivation to do those things anymore. I gained 40 lbs on zyprexa. I just started taking latuda two weeks ago and I have already lost 10 lbs and I feel like I have much more energy and motivation. The only issue is that now I have insomnia from zyprexa withdrawal. I wish my doctors would have originally prescribed latuda instead of zyprexa so I wouldn't have had to deal with the withdrawal."

elusiveperuvian September 28, 2018

For Agitation: "I suffer from chronic migraines, daily headaches, chronic fatigue syndrome, agitated depression, anxiety and occasionally insomnia. 3 weeks in, I am picking up my life and putting it back together! I feel myself for the first time in at least 5 years! I sent today a pack of research evidence-based articles to my neurologist to asked him to allow me to stay longer on Olanzapine. I was meant to do just a 3 week trial. But I feel so happy on it! A specific situation that would have got me very stressed in the past, was so much easier! Its one the best meds I have tried it! I just hope it lasts!"

Me (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2018

Zyprexa (olanzapine) for : "Zyprexia Is a miracle drug for DR/DP (derealization/depersonalization) episode episodes. I take the dissolving tablets, 5mg. Has never seemed to fail me. Always puts me back in my body and back into my head and on planet earth. Takes away the anxiety too and seems to manage PTSD related thoughts when they are associated/at the same time, and I feel human again. Not something clonepin or anything else can do. I only take it as a PRN though..maybe 2-3x/month max, to 4x/year on AVERAGE depending on stress and other triggering factors. Would probably not take daily, as weight gain is a side effect (Abilify is a great alternative if needed daily). Besides that, this is a miracle drug for me."

Infamouscuriousity22 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 24, 2018

Zyprexa (olanzapine) for Depression: "I've been taking zyprexa for 1 year. I had obsessive thoughts it has helped me very much."

jizzhue (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 16, 2018

For Depression: "Worst medicine. It ruined my life from all aspects. I suffered from lack of sleep, shivering hands, strong appetite. This medicine makes a person feel unconscious. It's very appalling , and it should be banned!"

Lana.179 September 8, 2018

For Schizophrenia: "I have been on a 2.5 mg pill a day dosage for a while, and that was ok. I didn't expect that after 3 years of it working well, I would start experiencing brain fog, dizziness, slurred speech, excessive sweat, and in an downward spiral start losing control of my mind. I have been prescribed the 5mg one but I feel lightheaded all the time as if I'm gonna faint , and I couldn't stay awake more than 8 hours the first days because of it. The delusion I have is that I will die, of a brain cancer , every night I think of that before going to sleep, I wish I never got Schizophrenia."

Darkghostpt (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2018

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "Have ran the gamete of antidepressants for the last twenty eight years and thought that I was as un-depressed as I would ever be. I take Wellbutrin and Prozac. But after I went Rambo on neighbors down the road my physician added 7.5 mg of zyprexa at night. For the first time I actually felt happy for no reason. I still have bad days but they are fewer. Side effects are minimal. I sleep better. I wish that the neighbors down the road would take a happy pill too and just chill."

Bees (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 6, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "Too sleepy to function, actually feels like blackout , really really sleepy all day. Please stop prescribing these"

Miley (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 1, 2018

Zyprexa (olanzapine) for : "I took zyprexa for constant nausea due to gastroparesis and anxiety. After the first day of taking 15 mg I immediately felt less nauseous. And I was severely crippled by the nausea. This has been a lifesaver. I’ve only taken it for a few weeks. Doesn’t seem to help anxiety - just nausea."

MichaelA (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2018

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I've been taking Olanzapine 5mg for about a month now, and I have gained 5 pounds. I only think of food, now I exercise a lot so I don't gain anymore weight. I had very bad anxiety and suicidal thoughts and tried to commit suicide by taking an overdose of pills, when I was in the hospital they gave me Olanzepine. I feel much better but I'm up extremely early like 5:00am, I feel more positive and my thoughts are clearer. I am restless and want to keep moving and doing stuff, it can be exhausting but as long as I feel better."

Resti (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2018

For Depression: "Ruins bladder of the patient"

Sec (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder: "Olanzapine is responsible for turning my life from worse to very worse. Trade in medicine I advise patients with schizoaffective disorder to not to take it. I live in a dizziness due to olanzapine. I have an increase in weight, pain in the body, deep sleep and poor concentration. I lost 6 years of my life. I am a victim of olanzapine from the dark side"

Donald (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 20, 2018

For Paranoid Disorder: "This medication is somewhat helpful for paranoia. Just makes you feel really lazy and tired. Hungry too. I still have paranoid states here and there."

Ishtherich (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 19, 2018

For Schizophrenia: "The drug is not entirely good. Like most other drugs, it has its own good and its bad. For me, I've been on it for 11 months now and I can assure you, it wasn't easy at first. But now I'm used to it. It relieved all my symptoms and I'm doing fine. I had to change mindset and accept the diagnosis of schizophrenia before it actually started to show its effectiveness. Nothing good comes easy. No matter how hard, if you face your fears with courage there is certainly light at the end of the tunnel. Just be true to yourself"

IG A.K.A pappicheezle (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 16, 2018

For Depressive Psychosis: "Olanzapine changed my life. I was suffering with insomnia, high levels of anxiety, depression and paranoia/psychosis. Within days of taking 2.5mg I was sleeping better, scary thoughts had gone and overall was feeling a lot better. The only downside is a gained about 5 pounds but I'd rather weigh more and than feel so bad. The benefits definitely out weigh the negatives. Now I've been on it for 3 months my weight has levelled out and I don't get as hungry. Overall would recommend if you are suffering with the same symptoms."

Fifi (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...