User Reviews for Olanzapine

Anorexia Nervosa 1.0
Summary of Olanzapine reviews 6.2 648 reviews

Reviews for Olanzapine

Nikkipixi · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 26, 2020

Zyprexa (olanzapine) for Depression: “Zyprexa made me have hallucinations the first 4 nights I had taken it. (Cray, scary) Then they stopped. I gained a good amount of weight (but that didn't matter because I was extremely overweight) So this med basically saved my life. I don't feel 100% better off of it but I do recommend that it's a decent drug. I've tried SO MANY meds and there are some many more worse ones than this.”

Tp July 18, 2020

For Bipolar Disorder: “I have a script for Olanzapine but its only for when I need it. I was diagnosed with Bipolar mixed episodes rapid cycling. When I had my first episode after I started seeing my new doctor he ordered Olanzapine for only a week then I started Lamictal. I only needed Olanzapine a couple more times when an episode hit for immediate relief. My doctor said it is not a good drug for long term use only when immediate relief is needed. Lamictal works great for mixed episodes now..I just need to find something that works for my anxiety. I will go through months with no GAD and then it’ll hit me and it’ll go on for weeks.”

Joey July 2, 2020

For Insomnia: “Before I started taking Olanzapine I could not sleep properly losing a lot of sleep. In fact I would go 72 hours without a wink of sleep. Now I get a full 9 hours sleep throughout the night. It is a miracle drug. If you cannot sleep properly I highly recommend taking Olanzapine.”

DONT TAKE THIS!!!!!!! · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 2, 2020

For Insomnia: “was on olanzapine for 6 months it caused permanent brain damage and now I can't sleep at night DO NOT TAKE THIS!!! This is the most addicting drug in the world!!! Trash psychiatrist”

Brett84 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 27, 2020

For Insomnia: “Took this medication olanzapine for about 2 and 1/2 months. I was suicidally anxious when my psychiatrist decided to give this a try. Made me very tired for the first few days but it nearly eliminated my anxiety and it helped me sleep better. Over time, though, I started having diminishing returns at even 10mg, along with feeling like I was becoming dumber (having trouble focusing, trying to remember certain words)... It just made me more foggy and depressed. Decided to get off it and didn't realize til a few days after that I was having bad withdrawals (nausea, anxiety, worse sleep). I would not recommend this med. I'm trying to conquer my severe depression and poor sleep and this is making everything way worse. Even cutting to small pieces to taper is hardly helping. Wish I never started it.”

Ericsony · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 24, 2020

For Depressive Psychosis: “Would seriously avoid olanzapine, as I totally lost my personality, feelings and enjoyment in life. It has had massive effect on my memory and IQ. I used to be really out going and quick witted. It really has been a chemical lobotomy. Devastated! I am currently coming off of it with the help of doctor. PLEASE BE CAREFUL THIS IS A DANGEROUS DRUG!”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 14, 2020

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: “At 10 mg olanzapine completely cured my panic attack, OCD and depression. I take it with 20 mg vilazodone. Godsend!”

Mandy · Taken for less than 1 month June 3, 2020

For Insomnia: “Horrendous withdrawal symptoms. I was on olanzapine for insomnia for only 12 days. After stopping it I had 2 weeks of withdrawals symptoms nausea, fatigue, flu like symptoms, brain fog and more than a week of insomnia. My brain doesn’t know how to sleep without this drug and works really hard to regain the ability to sleep on its own. Even on it I didn’t have good sleep, went to bed at 11 up until 2am then slept until 11 am. It made me a zombie while on it. Stay away from this awful drug !!!!!!”

bipolar one forever June 1, 2020

Zyprexa (olanzapine) for Bipolar Disorder: “I just started Zyprexa from a new doc, it is for my bipolar one. Been doing ok mostly for over 10 years. I take 1200 of lithium daily. Trazodone 300mg for sleep . Last year trazodone stopped working last fall several occasions of auditory hallucinations barely sleep 2hrs nightly tried all kinds of meds from one doc he gave up. Referred to new doc by pcp recently just started zyprexa up to 10mg. Sleeping about 5 or so hours at night so far no side effects but it is early days. Lithium made me fat and killed my thyroid which made me fat so no worries I just need sleep and calm my mind”

Josh · Taken for less than 1 month June 1, 2020

For Schizophrenia: “This medication works to make the voices less irritable to listen to, and that's the upside. Though fortunately I'm not forced to take it. That's because I don't feel like me anymore just taking it once. I can feel my emotions, thoughts, completely gone. This really is sort of relaxing but it's a dull feeling in my mind. I don't like it whatsoever. I'd only take it if I really needed a break, though still I may think twice next time.”

Denis May 24, 2020

For Bipolar Disorder: “olanzapin helps me sleep but gained 50 pounds though”

Poppy · Taken for 10 years or more May 22, 2020

For Bipolar Disorder: “I’ve been on olanzapine 2.5 mg for 8 years and it has been a fantastic medication for me. I suffer from anxiety and severe insomnia, and Olanzapine has worked perfectly well. My anxiety is non existent now, and best of all I am sleeping really well. I haven’t gained much weight (only 5 kg) . I tried to come off it a few times and I found it very difficult, mostly because the insomnia was so bad, and the anxiety came back with a vengeance. So for now I’m happy on a small dose. I might take it for the rest of my life if I can stay well with this medication.”

Doc May 17, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “This olanzapine is the worst drug ever made. Makes you lose all your emotion and decreases your IQ. Increases anxiety and depression and increases restlessness that does not go away after going off the drug. Completely messes up your GI system with terrible constipation, zero energy, inability to cry, decreases communication and you lose the ability to have any type of sex life. Big pharma should be ashamed to have this available. I would give it a zero if I could.”

I hate Zyprexa · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 17, 2020

For Schizoaffective Disorder: “For those that leave good reviews, you are either lucky the drug works, getting paid by big pharma to keep quiet about the mortality this drug causes, or you haven't experienced withdrawal symptoms yet. This was the most horrible disgusting antipsychotic I've ever taken. Nothing but chemical lobotomy inside a small pill. Can't think, can't cry, can't be happy, can't lose weight... can't feel pleasure in anything. How can anyone benefit from something that leaves you emotionally flat? If it works for you, great. But don't be surprised when the "feeling okay" turns into "feeling worse". You have been warned.”

rex May 9, 2020

For Depression: “Lexapro 10 mg and 2.5 olanzapine is good for MDD and generalised anxiety disorder. It takes away fear and panic. weight loss stabilizes with long term use and tiredness becomes less an issue.”

Missy626 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 5, 2020

Zyprexa (olanzapine) for Depression: “I've been on zyprexa for 9 months now, zyprexa has done wonders for me. No more spontaneous deep dark days ahead of me, my close family can really see a difference, I'm just worried about long term effects of this drug. I have bipolar 1 with psychosis.”

Cwilson · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 4, 2020

For Insomnia: “Im back to leave another review after being on olanzapine for a couple of months. I started taking 10mg now I take 15mg. So the issue I was so scared of was weight gain. When I started taking it I was 80 pounds, very sick and unhealthy. It helped me gain back my normal weight, back to 100-105lbs. Other than when I first started taking it, it hasn't had an effect on my hunger or weight anymore. I think it can cause weight gain if you allow it too. If you exercise, and eat normal weight gain shouldn't be an issue for you. The reason I rate this a 9 is because it does make it hard for me to get up and going like I used to prior to taking this drug, but I'd pick that over a sleepless night any day.”

Orfeus · Taken for less than 1 month May 1, 2020

For Bipolar Disorder: “I'm bipolar type 1 and was recently admitted to the hospital for a manic episode when I got there I was on several medications for my symptoms. When I got to the hospital they gave me olanzapine kept me on Dexedrine took me off the others. I’m very pleased with the olanzapine : no paranoid thoughts I feel very calm and content. While I did gain 20lbs so far I also feel somehow more positive about myself regardless of weight gain. The only real problem so far is I feel a bit sedated and tired and it is making it difficult to stay awake and do things all day without going to sleep. For a bit doctor told me to take it at night instead and my body should get used to it after a while anyway and the sedative effect will be less of an issue. Overall total game changer for my mental health and quality of life would recommend to any one who has issues with mania, paranoia, anxiety and/or negative thoughts as it makes me feel generally calm and positive :)”

Bipolar Chick · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 1, 2020

For Bipolar Disorder: “I’m bipolar 1 and have been through a bunch of different meds. Zyprexa was the first med I tried to get me down from a manic episode which worked but I went off of it because it was way too sedating. I was on 10 mg then 5 mg. When I went off of it I had a lot of anxiety from withdrawal. I then tried Rexulti which messed up my sleep and gave me anxiety and even when I went off of it I was still waking up everyday at 4 am and had awful anxiety. Then tried seroquel and vraylar (bad restlessness) Finally decided to try zyprexa again but this time at 2.5 mg (subtherepeutic dose) and although I’m groggy in the morning I overall am really happy with my choice. I fall asleep at 12 and sleep like a baby till 9 and don’t have the awful anxiety in my chest anymore. I would say zyprexa can be a great drug at a very low dose. I’m def more chilled out but I prefer that to being anxious and unable to sleep.”

yurioc · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 30, 2020

For Bipolar Disorder: “I first started Olanzapine during a psychotic episode caused by mania. It does have some benefits: I was much calmer, slept amazingly well, my mind was as peaceful as a lake and the meditation induced telepathy stopped completely. However, the downsides were too much for me: it did nothing for my depression, I was feeling down all the time, no motivation for doing anything, no creativity and could easily sleep most of the day, which we can hardly call it “living”. I also gained 4kg, which is nothing compared to a good part of people here. For a period, I used it with Lexapro, which did nothing for my depression as well. Another huge thing you all must be aware is how difficult it is to withdraw from it. That was easily the worst week of my life. Now I’m switching to Abilify.”

Sky25 · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 25, 2020

For Depression: “My Dr. (The expert) prescribed this for me when I was suffering with agitation and anxiety. I took it for 2 years and my new Dr took me off it. I put on 30kgs of weight, felt like I wanted to crawl out of my skin on a daily basis and was very irritable. But thats not the worst part. This medication permanently causes you to be DEPRESSED even after discontinuation! I've tried all types of SSRI's and SSNRI's and they simply don't work. I'm stuck in an incredibly bad depressive state, I can't laugh, I can't be happy. PLEASE, if your Dr. prescribes this to you, READ THE REVIEWS and do not take this horrible medication!”

S April 18, 2020

Zyprexa (olanzapine) for Schizophrenia: “It has worked well for me I had bad mani. have gained weight though but zyprexa is very calming.”

Gigi · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 13, 2020

Zyprexa (olanzapine) for Depression: “This medication Zyprexa is a miracle worker ! I was in a very deep depression, suicide thoughts. I started feeling better after just a few weeks.I have been on it 6 weeks now and its keeps getting better. The Doctor is now increase it to 10mg, I feel more tired, but that will lessen as time goes by. I feel like me again !!!”

Bruce · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 13, 2020

For Agitated State: “We call this “the magic pill”. After months and months of being in a living nightmare, with paranoia, aggression, insomnia and delirium our relative (with vascular dementia) has got their life back. We read the horror stories and bad reviews - but our experience has been good - life changing for the whole family.”

Snoozy · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 11, 2020

For Insomnia: “Chronic insomnia my whole life with 2 short breaks - when I left the unstable “home” where I lived as a child. Then once my 2 daughters recovered from gastric reflux and finally developed a sleep pattern by age 10. I was good then till hysterectomy /menopause 2008. So this about has been ongoing for 12 years”