User Reviews for Olanzapine

5.5

1 review 8 medications
Summary of Olanzapine reviews 6.8 455 reviews

Reviews for Olanzapine

For Depressive Psychosis: "Olanzapine changed my life. I was suffering with insomnia, high levels of anxiety, depression and paranoia/psychosis. Within days of taking 2.5mg I was sleeping better, scary thoughts had gone and overall was feeling a lot better. The only downside is a gained about 5 pounds but I'd rather weigh more and than feel so bad. The benefits definitely out weigh the negatives. Now I've been on it for 3 months my weight has levelled out and I don't get as hungry. Overall would recommend if you are suffering with the same symptoms."

Fifi (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2018

For Schizophrenia: "I had a crazy paranoia after having a 4 child. They said severe postnatal depression. I agreed. Something wasn't right. But meds took my paranoia in next 3 days which is wonderful but as I was eating healthy I started to munch 2500 calories a day. I really recommend to get substitute. I will ask tomorrow to the Dr"

marcipans (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2018

For Depression: "No effect other than gaining 35 kilo. For me olanzapine made my condition worse not better. Please be very careful if you take olanzapine"

Jensen (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 1, 2018

For Insomnia: "I started zyprexa about 5 years ago. The first time I took it, it definitely helped with sleep but I was very groggy in the morning and had a hard time doing my chores and daily things. I took it for a while longer and learned you have to take it very early in the evening so your not so groggy in the morning. It helped calm my mind and anxiety. I started gaining weight so I went on a diet and exercise regime. It helped but I still wasn't happy with my amount of weight loss. So I had my Dr put me on something else. I've been miserable for 5 years with anxiety which I take a benzo for and I had the racing thoughts and depression. I tried all sorts of drugs for my insomnia, doxepin, mirtazapine and seroquel. They all had horrible side effects. I felt like I was in outer space. So today after a lengthy time of stress and no sleep asked my new dr if I could go back on zyprexa so tonight I'm taking 20mg of zyprexa and 200mg of trazodone. I'm a little nervous so we will see what happens. Wish me luck!"

Reedusluver (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2018

Zyprexa (olanzapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Because antidepressants make me cycle I didn’t think their was much hope for any happiness. Until I found this drug. It changed my life!"

Amy W. July 29, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "I feel so relax & calm. I'm so happy that I tried zyprexa(olanzpine)"

Anonymous July 26, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "It has help me out a lot! I will recommend this to those with BPD."

Billy23 July 26, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I am opioid dependant for nearly 5 years. Subs and Methadone are the medications I rotate, never together. Since starting Zyprexa 2 weeks ago, my worries, agitation and depression have gone. My medication is the following; 80mg methadone daily. (mornings) 15mg Mirtazapine before bed. 5mg wafer Zyprexa mid-afternoon. Only since adding Zyprexa have all my worries and depression been absolved. Incredible medication. In a wafer lollie. If you are opioid dependant like me, suboxone or methadone and you still feel a bit off. SSRIs are not working. Talk to your doctor about Zyprexa wafers. People worry about weight gain on Zyprexa. But a calorie is a calorie. FASTING you'll be Okay. Food cravings have not really increased. Fast Fast in the mornings and you will be fine. Balanced diet after lunchtime and youll be fine."

WellMedicine (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2018

For Agitated State: "This medicine as an Add-on to my 'opioid dependant' regime has been wonderful. I have been opioid dependant for nearly 5 years due to a codeine dependance to treat chronic pain at my sacrum. I also take 15mg Mirtazapine nightly. 80mg M and lately the add-on of only 5mg wafer Zyprexa. I have used just about every SSRI antidepressant for a mood disorder and worry/depression. Zyprexa is the first antipsychotic medication I have ever taken. It works for me so much better than any SSRI. I am not longer worrying, angry and mood is great. My brother takes Clozapine for a mental health disorder so I always thought about a Neuroleptic might work for me. I know it's cliche to say, but Olanzapine (Zyprexa) even at a low dose 5mg mid-afternoon has been a godsend. I am not putting on weight either as I am on a 16/8 fasting diet. To all the idiots who knock this drug for weight gain. Calories do not lie. Try morning fasting. Fast for as long as you can til lunchtime. It curbs your appetite."

WellMedicine (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2018

For Agitation: "Suffering from lifelong depression and, in the last 18 months, crippling anxiety as well. Tried many different depression meds and didn't like the side effects. Plus they can make anxiety worse in the initial stages. Had some left over xanax that I was given by a psychiatrist years ago. After using xanax for around 12 months I developed tolerance after a period. It worked at first but soon pooped out and anxiety was raging. No one should take benzodiazepines for more than 3 weeks. After one week on Olanzapine I was in a much much better place. Anxiety reduced from an 8 to a 3. Helps with depression too. Miracle drug. Hope its effects don't fade."

Dom (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2018

Zyprexa (olanzapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Works great every time! I have rapid cycling bipolar and this is the most effective out of all antipsychotics. Sometimes they put me off it but every time I’m on it it feels like a world of change like my brain starts to function again."

TJ (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 7, 2018

Zyprexa (olanzapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "DO NOT take this medication unless you are either psychotic, bipolar or have an extreme neurological condition. I took this medication for 8 years and it ruined my life to be honest. These drugs are EXTREMELY dangerous and powerful and can ruin your life even by taking it for 1 week. This drug is NOT for anxiety or ANY mild to average condition. Move to the countryside for 3 months and rent a cabin, it will solve your issues. If you are a parent, do not EVER put any child on this drug. Anti-psych drugs are 1000 times more dangerous than you can ever imagine. Same goes for Abilify or any atypical or typical anti-psychotic. Tardive dyskinesia is a potentially permanent side effect that can ruin your life within a week. Saying that, they work EXTREMELY effectively for severe mental disorders and may save your life if you are suicidal."

Jason (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 27, 2018

Zyprexa (olanzapine) for Depression: "It is very good drug .It helped me very much with obsessions and depression. I recommend it to you"

09dibbie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 8, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "Sort of felt like it worked at first, may have been placebo. Increased appetite. Stopped in less than 2 weeks."

bpd789 (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder: "Olanzapine (Brand Name Zyprexa) is a terrific medication that I settled on after trying every single antipsychotic (except Clozaril) with poor, sometimes intolerable results. I was initially scared of the radical weight gain I'd heard about, but when I actually started taking it, I found that I actually lost 5-10 pounds! So definitely don't discount this drug due to weight gain...it's different for everybody. It does cause daytime sedation, but after being hospitalized 12 times, I gave up on trying to stay slim or going back to work one day, and "gave in" to the olanzapine...it was always the one drug I wanted to reach for when in any uncomfortable state of mind, and that told me that it was the drug for me. I take 7.5 mg and it helps both with psychotic symptoms such as thought disorganization and delusions, and with mood stabilization, both are which are part of my Schizoaffective Disorder. I highly recommend you give this medicine a try to ease and comfort your mind."

Nonaraza (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 14, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "Huge weight gain and agitation"

Taylormade May 14, 2018

Zyprexa (olanzapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "After luckily failed suicide attempt I got prescribed Olanzapine. Only 5mg does a significant relief for me. Had been suffering of depression and hypomanic episodes but after taking only 5mg of Olanzapine I feel completely different - no more mood swings at all. I feel like a normal person. This medication saved and even improved the quality of the life I'm living at the moment. Beside Olanzapine I got prescribed antidepressant Escitaloprame which also works great in treating Bipolar disorder."

BipolarFree (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 9, 2018

Zyprexa (olanzapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Out of the 4 anti psychotics I tried this one worked wonders for me. I was diagnosed back in 2011 for a psychotic episode and developed bi polar psychosis. Took 5mgs for years and I was feeling great. The only thing is that I would have some tactile hallucinations but wouldn’t hear any voices. I would just feel like a crazy maniac that wouldn’t sleep for days before going on zyprexa. Anyways I went off of it and then a year later I am here taking it again because I just can’t stand my anxiety and delusions and mood swings. I mix it with seroquel sometimes. Anyways this drug works wonders. I don’t get an increased appetite. The only problem is that when I wake up I don’t feel like eating anything so I end up eating at 2pm. The side effects for me are decreased appetite and some fatigue but other than that, I can finally enjoy life again. Remember that it takes a few weeks for it to take full effects and side effects do become more tolerable through time."

Dimitri May 5, 2018

For Agitation: "I found Zyprexa the best medicine for anxiety/ panic and giving good night sleep. On my worst mornings I took 2.5 mg extra and it took my morning anxiety away very quickly. I have taken clonazepam for many years and still suffer from anxiety and heart palpitations. My doctor has put me on Lexapro also for my depression. I have found Zyprexa very helpful, but I am not taking it continuously because of weight gain."

Snoopy1 (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2018

Zyprexa (olanzapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "This medication would receive a negative review if possible. The primary reason I hate this medication is because the weight gain, diabetes and withdrawal symptoms. You see I started taking this thinking "well...if I gain to much weight I can always stop." Think again. I literally wouldn't sleep for days."

William (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 5, 2018

Zyprexa (olanzapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "My stomach is spilling over Instead of my mind for once. My head is no longer a circus, A tent of sad clowns and unruly animals. Uni-cycling on a tightrope Between intelligence and insanity Has never been so balanced."

vernacularacrobat (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 3, 2018

Zyprexa (olanzapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Weight gain unbelievable. Killed thyroid, now on synthroid. Bed wetting and very hard to wake up in morning. Withdrawal horrible. Don't take this."

Sarah's grandma (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 30, 2018

For Insomnia: "I take 10mg late evenings alongside my anti depressant called Depokote...Makes me tired and quickly settles me down 1hr then quality sleep normally. Have weird dreams and lots of dreaming seemingly. Appetite wise I'm seemingly feeling constantly hungry and therefore doubling my usual daily ifood intake so weight gained real quick... How can I lose it again whilst on olanzipine ?"

Scadders (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 26, 2018

Zyprexa (olanzapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "My psychiatrist put me on 10 mg of Zyprexa and 20 mg of Prozac. He said those two meds are supposed to work well together. After two months I was still feeling depressed so he increased the Zyprexa to 15 mg. This has been a miracle drug for me. I fall asleep within 30 min of taking it and sleep very well except it is difficult to wake up in the morning. I set three alarms around my bedroom. One I have to physically get out of bed to turn off so it helps me get up. But that side effect is getting better after two months of taking Zyprexa. I no longer have ruminating thoughts or bouts of rage. My mood is very even. I have had some weight gain due to the med making me feel hungry all the time. Now I'm trying to drink water instead of eating and that seems to help."

Beth (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2018

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "Worked great from the first night I took it. The next morning I felt calmer and more mentally and emotionally stable. It helps me sleep and sleep well. I haven’t been formally diagnosed with anything yet, but I’m guessing I have BPD with depression and an anxiety disorder. This helped me with everything except for depression. I can’t rate it a perfect 10 because it seems to make me a little tired and unmotivated during the day. Also, I can’t seem to lose much weight on it, which is a bummer. My pdoc has tried other antipsychotics and AD’s on me but only zyprexa (Olanzapine) has seemed to help at all."

CaliforniaGuy1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 22, 2018