User Reviews for Olanzapine to treat Paranoid Disorder

Also known as: Zyprexa, Zyprexa Zydis, Zyprexa Relprevv, Zyprexa Intramuscular

Olanzapine Rating Summary

5.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 5 medications used in the treatment of Paranoid Disorder.

Reviews for Olanzapine

Pete · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 16, 2020

“olanzapine worked well for the first few months but after that I turned into a zombie. I stare at the wall for 8 hours a day with a blank expressionless gaze. People ask me what's wrong and they steer clear of me because I look and act like a psycho. I gained 30 pounds and I'm lazy, I sweat a lot, I eat a lot and I have no sense of humor. I am distant from people and people are distant from me. It made me lose my job because I couldn't concentrate and I ended up homeless.”

Anti zyprexa · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 18, 2020

“I think olanzapine should be the drug of last resort for people who are a danger to others. The side effects are huge and Catostrophic. Muscle atrophy, trouble walking, cognitive decline, pacing, additional depression, weight gain, higher cholesterol. Since psychiatrists live on prescribing drugs, they won’t take you off them.”

Caz · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 22, 2020

“My son has been on olanzapine for a month 5mg for paranoia depression is helping. 15 pound weight but he needed the weight also sleeping a lot better”

George H November 28, 2019

“I have suffered from delusions since 2014 (5 years) this medication olanzapine for sure helps with psychosis better than Risperidone and Aripiprazole. So if you're looking for a sure fix to problems then this medication is very useful. However the side effects on this medication are long. In a year and a half I have gained a bit of weight. I spent 9 months low on mood suffering from persistent Anhedonia and persistent nagging anxiety about the same things, this lead me to dread the day when waking up. However all was relieved with Sertraline other than the weight gain, the anxiety still comes but it goes fast and changes the anxiety’s subject so it doesn’t just drone on. This medication from my experience is a very good base line for psychotic disorders it gets the job done and do so with some not so terrible side effects. I’m currently searching for a new antipsychotic as I’m tired of the same old side effects I want something different for the next year or so. It does its job!!”

James November 12, 2019

“I was prescribed olanzapine for paranoid thoughts it did help but made me tired all the time. Clorpromazine is much better on paranoid thoughts than Olanzapine - I prefer Chlorpromazine.”

Purgatory · Taken for less than 1 month August 5, 2019

“My in home doctor prescribed me Lexapro and Zyprexa, both were 10mg. It gave me increased in fear and anxiety, I had increase memory loss and uncontrollable bowel movements. It also gave me derealization affects which also was scary and lasted a week. Keep away.”

Harry July 24, 2019

“I was diagnosed with serious paranoid schizophrenia nine years ago and have been taking Zyprexa 5 mg twice a day for that duration including a 100 ml clopixol( depot) injection once a fortnight and generally have never had the symptoms again or when they reappear do not last for very long. I regard my condition to be genetic and therefore amenable to treatment but not cure and therefore am always committed to following my health care professional's advice. Whilst I have problems with constipation (for which I take two teaspoons of normacol ) and itchy groin( for which I apply 0.5% cream), I still consider the benefits of the medication to outweigh the disadvantages and remain committed to it and have an active programmne of social and educational engagement to complement it. .”

Ishtherich · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 19, 2018

“This medication is somewhat helpful for paranoia. Just makes you feel really lazy and tired. Hungry too. I still have paranoid states here and there.”

Barnzy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 25, 2017

“Olanzapine is very good for extreme paranoia, I was in multiple fights and at times were looking to fight, After the second day, it felt like I went through puberty again, but in a day this time. Balanced my mood, lowered agitation, eliminates paranoia, great for sedating as well. Only side effect I have is weight gain. Highly recommended if you think you can benefit.”

FrankRaff September 30, 2016

“I'm caregiver of my son and this medicine work like magic for him. He is 24 year old”

IPA July 25, 2016

“This is a pretty cool drug for me. I have used it for about 7 years. It has helped me with anger, mood swings, rapid thinking, and to focus on things you're doing. I've only gained something like 30lbs over these years. Lots of other reviews I've read said they have gained lots of weight not true in my case. I was already overweight before I started taking it. I was like 215 before I started taking this now about 245. I even think it helped me become a better person. I enjoy gambling and I have won quite a bit on this drug. I'm more focused and have become smarter. I stopped for about three months just to see what happens and I was usually mad and angry. So I'm back on it and I'm a happier and effective person. 2.5 milligrams works best.”

grrmartin June 6, 2016

Zyprexa (olanzapine): “i was prescribed 2.5mg dose. this medication has been excellent in reducing my hyper-vigilance. it has allowed me to sleep normally again. one side effect is it made my sleep apnea far worse. this caused reduced functionality in areas such as work. overall positive experience. just be aware of potential for compounding sleep apnea.”

Neil long · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 4, 2015

Zyprexa (olanzapine): “Not bad”

JimB56985 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 15, 2015

Zyprexa (olanzapine): “Helped in the beginning of the first few weeks,but later my mood became more paranoid. I'm not saying this medicine will make you paranoid, but it doesn't work for me. Plus it does make you gain weight like 40lbs. in 8 weeks.”

ClarkGabel · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 10, 2015

Zyprexa (olanzapine): “It was OK. I gained alot of weight on it. I went from 210 to 255pounds in four months. Didn't help my suspicious behavior. I think Seroquel XR was a better drug for me, but I had to take a very high dose of Seroquel XR. I'm considering asking the doctor to put me on an old psychotic med like Prolixin. I have had some good results but I stopped the meds early because I was afraid of all the side effects especially tardia dys.”

Anonymous July 13, 2012

Zyprexa (olanzapine): “I was misdiagnosed, and wrongly put on this medicine. It causes psychosis in individuals inappropriately put on it. It took me ten years to find doctors who could say this was a possibility.”

Anonymous June 11, 2012

Zyprexa (olanzapine): “Zyprexa worked really well in terms of removing the paranoia and the suspiciousness. Made me normal within a period of 2-3 weeks. The only problem I feel with regard to this medicine is the weight gain issue. I think this medicine in combination with mirtazapine has made me put on weight in a few weeks. Yes, and also my prolactin level was well above the normal range. In the starting this made me tired and I had problems waking up on time. Apart from these few side effects it is a really good anti-psychotic.”

migs1704 April 19, 2011

Zyprexa (olanzapine): “In just six weeks Zyprexa has me balanced. My mood swings are virtually non existent and I can do the things that I enjoy and thoughts were gone forever.”

Anonymous August 2, 2009

Zyprexa Zydis (olanzapine): “I had a paranoid stint and was getting no sleep. My Doctor gave me Zyprexa and it pulled me out of that state very quickly. I like to refer to it as pulling out the big guns. It had no side effects for me and I was on it a short while.”

Learn more about Paranoid Disorder

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)