User Reviews for Wellbutrin

Major Depressive Disorder
7.1

Summary of Wellbutrin reviews 7.2 442 reviews

Reviews for Wellbutrin

For Depression "I have generalized anxiety and just worry so much all the time. This medication has helped me with my anxiety. It has kept my mind from constantly running and thinking too much (about bad stuff). It has also gave me a little pep in my step and has made me a lot nicer to be around especially for my kids and husband. I have had some side affects but it did take about 2 weeks for it to finally start working. I am pleased with this med so far. No libido problems either. So I am happy."

Luvnhugz954 (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I want to preface this with a note: we all react differently to medicine; my experience is not indicative of Wellbutrin itself, nor is it premonitory of how you will react to the medication. My psychiatrist prescribed 150mg of Wellbutrin at the beginning of July. He added it to my Prozac 40mg to help with some major depression I've been having as of late. When I began the drug, I took it in the morning because it is supposed to give you energy. I immediately felt like a zombie! I could not function -- everything was in slo-mo. I walked as though I was drunk, I forgot words while speaking, I was forgetful in the midst of doing a task. It got really bad when I was driving so slow and swerving into the curb. I dropped from 150mg to 100mg. It did not a difference. That day, my mother took my to the hospital. I was given fluids and immediately stopped. I've been off of it about a week and a half and I am feeling so much better."

KateD777 (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2018

For Depression "I have been on Wellbutrin immediate release for over 20 years. It has been a lifesaver for me. The second day I took it, I thought this is what it feels like to be normal. Yes, I had to adjust to side effects but it was worth it to me as it changed my life. Zoloft was added for side effects, and here I am 20 years later -- functioning and happy with a few exceptions. Why is the original name brand no longer available? None of the generics have worked as well. Insurance keeps changing the manufacturers I can use so its always a new experiment. Not good. Where is the original? How and why did this happen?"

Dora (taken for 10 years or more) August 6, 2018

For Depression "This medicine saved my life. I have been on 300 mg for a few months now and I feel like me again! A couple years ago my son was diagnosed with cancer, he beat it, but the fight left me as an empty shell. I didn’t even realize how bad I was struggling just to make it through the day. When I first started Wellbutrin, I thought I had made a mistake, but my husband and I agreed that it would be best to give it a chance. After about 4-5 weeks, everything suddenly seemed better. I have energy, I’m sleeping well, I wake up early and feel rested, my libido is back, and I lost about 10lbs of the weight I put on while my son was sick. I am not just feeling better, I am genuinely enjoying my life. I’m happy, my husband is happy, and life is good. I’m so glad I stuck with it."

Justme (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "This was the only anti-depressant that I've taken that actually made me worse. Most of the others, Zoloft, Lexapro, Cymbalta, Prozac either helped a tiny bit or not at all, but never worse. Wellbutrin raised my anxiety sky high. I'm sure it may not be the case for others, but I wanted to share my experience. Good luck to anyone who does try this."

darstar007 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2018

For Depression "Helps during depression. However, makes one irritable and somewhat irrational."

Plmulhol (taken for 10 years or more) July 25, 2018

For Depression "I went on this medication for some low motivation. Within a few days, I had more energy and felt like I had a lot more motivation. It took me a VERY long time to adjust. Honestly, I was on it for 3 months and I'm not sure I ever did adjust. I got the shakes, twitched a lot (while awake and in my sleep), and constantly felt full of nervous energy. I had trouble sleeping, and couldn't reach orgasm (I'm a woman). I know this drug is used to treat sexual side effects of SSRI's, but that's what it did to me. It actually made me more depressed to be on this medication. I also got awful brain fog where I'd forget what I was saying in the middle of a conversation. I felt like an idiot! Everyone is different, and I know people who have benefitted from Wellbutrin. This is just my experience. I went off of it and already feel much better."

Me1111 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 23, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been on Wellbutrin for 5 or 6 years. The counsellor gave me the choice of this or some others, which all had sexual side effects that were not acceptable to me. Taking 150 twice a day. If I forget it for a couple days I get very irritable, so even if I forget some of the others (for blood pressure, diabetes type 2, and heart problems) I try always to take the wellbutrin. But, in the last year I'm finding that there are few times when I'm not down in the hole. Won't be seeing the psych for another 6-months, but don't really want to talk to her anyway. My recommentation: if it helps even a little, keep taking it; it's better than going nuts."

Ducky (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 16, 2018

For Depression "I have had depression for as long as I can remember. My depression tends to be more physical: tired, trouble staying asleep, physically exhausted, and no interest in doing anything physical (e.g., I was an avid runner and weight lifter before). Wellbutrin XL 150mg has completely helped me in every way possible. I’ve been taking it for over a 2 yrs and I have more energy than ever. Although I still have depressive and anxiety cognitive patterns, Wellbutrin can has helped me with my depression and increased my quality of like significantly."

GermanS (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 16, 2018

For Depression "I've been on 300mg doses of a Bupropion (Wellbutrin) off and on for a few years now mostly because I'm undisciplined and would get out of the habit of taking them. What I have noticed is that initially when starting to take the meds, the first week or two I feel GREAT; energized, focused, motivated, happy. After a few weeks and meds have fully built up in my system (Wellbutrin is a slow build medication, so don't expect full effect until about 2 weeks in), I start to feel tired, unmotivated, hard to focus and remember complex skill sets I am not actively using, pushes my sex drive to a negative, almost addictive state. I too have very vivid and extensive dreams during the first week and then it tappers away, no weight change and general sex drive is unaffected until a few weeks in when it seems to get compulsive, but I think that's another issue with me in general that it happens to prey upon."

HazyHead July 6, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "Wellbutrin almost killed me and I now have Grand Mal Seizures and have been diagnosed with Epilepsy that I will have for the rest of my life. I seriously think this drug should be pulled from the shelves. I know 2 people who tried to commit suicide while taking this medication. Wellbutrin has ruined my life and I would never suggest this medication to anyone."

Platinum (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 4, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been on multiple SSRI's and was convinced that antidepressants just didn't work. My doctor insisted that I try something else, because my anxiety was dictating every aspect of my life. I'm so glad that she did. After about 2 weeks on Wellbutrin, I began to realize that I felt really happy for the first time in over 2 decades. The only side-effect I've really had is occasional mild irritability. It lasts for about a half hour and happens once every week or two. Though as I've been on the medication longer, the side effects are less severe. I know this medication isn't for everyone, but whatever was wrong with me, Wellbutrin fixed it. If you're struggling with anxiety or depression, be honest with your doctor. If your medication isn't helping you, tell your doctor. If your doctor won't help you, find a new doctor. You can do this, and you deserve to be happy."

Topsy June 29, 2018

For Depression "I’m female, 62 and have been on 150mg/day for over two years; I quit smoking after 40 years and quit taking this - that was a mistake!! I’ve always had some depression but didn’t take anything for it (except that I tried sertaline for a few months though.) Anyway once I got off of it I started smoking again for a month, then threw them down and got back on the Wellbutrin; that was 16 months ago. The only side effects I’ve noticed is that my cholesterol levels are going up but I am trying to control that by my diet. I don’t like taking pills but this one is the only one I take besides vitamins. It helped me quit smoking, (when Chantix made me nauseous) so two thumbs up!!"

Still Not Smoking (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 31, 2018

For Depression "I was suffering from adjustment disorder mixed anxiety and depression. I’ve dealt with anxiety before— but a life transition triggered a massive downward spiral filled with panic, sleeplessness (yet still too much sleep), decreased focus, extreme apathy, no motivation, suicidal thoughts, unrealistic fears, etc. PCP suggested Wellbutrin XL 150 mg, I desperately agreed. I felt like medication was my last hope. Within 2 weeks, I felt like I was able to function (improved motivation). Within a month, my anxiety and other symptoms were under control. I experienced side effects for the first week— headache, some impulsivity. And for the first month, my sleep schedule was disturbed (I tried moving the time I took Wellbutrin... sometimes it helped, but the side effect was gone by month 2 anyway). Wellbutrin saved my life. I’ve been on Wellbutrin for 4 months now. It doesn’t fix everything of course, but it really helps me combined with healthy coping and CBT."

Kate May 26, 2018

For Depression "I was on Prozac 20 mg and because it made me feel so good, I would just stop taking them on my own accord which made me crash. I decided instead of taking them seriously and continue taking them, I would try Wellbutrin. The first two weeks were awful. I had ringing in my ears to the point where I wish I was deaf, My body was incredibly sore for no physical reason, I felt huge pressure and anxiety in my chest, I stopped working out, and didn't want to do anything but lay in bed and watch Netflix which is so not me. I am now 3-4 weeks in and I don't have much anxiety BUT I feel like I developed OCD, I can't stop cutting the tip of my tongue on my teeth and it hurts. My mouth is so dry, I can't even put on eyeliner because it's like I have Parkinsons disease. I am going to switch back to prozac today."

KADEZKO May 23, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "Wellbutrin helped me quit smoking after 35yrs of 1 pack a day!! It also was significant with reducing my major depressive disorder. Excellent medication!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 20, 2018

For Depression "I have been on this for about a month now. I'm taking it for depression and to quit smoking. I feel totally amazing, it's like a dark cloud was lifted off me. I'm also on a maintenance medication for using opioids. The maintenance medicine completely killed my sex drive. It almost ruined my marriage. Now adding this to my meds has reversed all side effects from the maintenance meds. It took a while to start making it better, but now I'm back to the sexy living woman I used to be. Not to mention how great I feel again. I'm me all the way around again. Thank you!!!!"

Chrystal (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2018

For Depression "My second go around since 2010. I have anxiety at 60 yrs. old and wake up thinking about work of all things. Biggest issue is that I have no focus, really aggravating to stay on task at work. So far it seems to give me a bit of a jump and my senses are heightened more, like the ringing in my ears."

AKA HITMAN April 13, 2018

For Depression "I experienced most of the side effects, thankfully I didn’t have a seizure. I’ve been off a few days and still having side effects. Made my heart race, chest hurt, chest pressure, dry mouth, and forgetting everything. This medicine DID however help my depressed laziness. I had the get up and go and wanted this med to work because it gave me that. My chest still feels like a hippo is sitting on it."

NotAhappyCamper (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2018

For Depression "Didn't do anything even at 300 mg...a complete placebo. Initial side effects of alertness and appetite suppression were nice, but wore off after a week or two and became a placebo."

Dantheman93 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 31, 2018

For Depression "On Day 3 I had a grand mal seizure and woke to the fire depart working on me, plus lost driving licence for year. Was not impressed now I have more problems"

Big daddy (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2018

For Depression "I want to preface this by saying that I'm sure this drug has a different effect on everyone. This is only my experience. I started it 14 days ago and had to stop this morning. This is a very powerful medication. I didn't notice the medication for 5 days and my depression suddenly became significantly worse. My short term memory has also been effected. I will forget something that I did seconds earlier. I noticed that my hearing became much more sensitive and everything became very loud. I still feel like I'm in a cloud. I understand that it will take 24 to 48 hours or more to finally get out of my system. Oh, you won't sleep either. Maybe some positive effects of the medication would have appeared if I had stayed on longer. I couldn't take it any more. I hope that your experience isn't like this and that you can get some help. Us this medication with caution."

PF (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was prescribed wellbutrin after being hospitalized in April of 2017. When I got there, that's the first medicine they gave me to try. The only difference I noticed was that I was having more trouble sleeping than I normally had without the medicine. I had no faith in this working for me because they told me they wanted me to stop smoking as I was 17 at the time (I turned 18 in May, it's the end of March 2018 right now, I'm almost 19 atm) and wellbutrin makes smoking taste horrible, so it's definitely effective for smoking cessation. As far as depression, I'd say it helped for a little while but soon I needed a higher dosage and then after a little bit, my suicidal thoughts were back so I quit taking them. Overall, it wasn't very effective in my case."

crystalmethothelioma (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2018

For Depression "First off I really don't know why my therapist insisted that I start this medication. I had some depression but this was primarily do to situations in my life NOT due to a chemical imbalance. I have never experience depression before and my family has no history of depression. When I first took this medication I had a major headache and this was my first in about three years. My therapist said this would pass and it did. I went for my regular workout and I felt a bit more sore than usual afterwards but dismissed it. I woke up in the middle of the night due to severe muscle/tendon pain and had to take Acetaminophen to get to sleep. My therapist said the pain would go away and it did. At least until my next workout. During the night I must have woken up about 5 times I was in such pain. Got off the medication and in about 2 weeks the muscle/joint pain was gone. If you are on this medication you cannot work out, even though studies show exercise helps with depression."

Anna Mouse (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been on this medication for less than a month and I am staying angry and my blood pressure has gone up and it doesn't seem to come down. I was on citalopram but wanted to see if I could use Wellbutrin to lose some weight but I will deal with the weight in exchange for a calm mind and getting along with everybody. I can't get back to the Dr. fast enough."

karon (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...

Micromedex® Care Notes