User Reviews for Wellbutrin

Major Depressive Disorder
6.9

Summary of Wellbutrin reviews 7.1 462 reviews

Reviews for Wellbutrin

For Depression "Wellbutrin with Zoloft works very well for me, it helps depression and anxiety."

cvoor (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 9, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "I would not recommend Wellbutrin if you have depression along with anxiety, did not do much for me even on 300mg."

Nicolas (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 9, 2019

For Depression "If you have anxiety - you don't want to take Wellbutrin. Over a 90 day period it turned me into an anxious mess, with full-blown panic attacks. Couldn't pay me to take it again!"

Sahara (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 27, 2019

For Depression "I have bipolar II and after a series of failed drugs, I was prescribed quetiapine (that's a whole other message board) and bupropion. I was on Activas bupropion 150 XL for about six weeks. It stabilized me, but I was still depressed - but functioning. Side effects - waking up early, feeling like a zombie, loss of appetite - went away within that time period. I've now been on Par Pharmaceutical's bupropion 300 XL for about a month. Side effects are irritability and jitters, but I'm hoping those go away. I tried Activas 300 XL - oval pills - and it seemed to dump a large portion of the medication about two hours after taking it, giving me a zombie effect. It also gave me a headache. Those things may have gone away with time, but I switched back to Par. Overall I'm content and my depression is gone."

Bipolar2coolforschool (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 12, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "I suffering anhedonia for 1.5 years I don't feel happy, but no angry or any other emotion. I heard about wellbutrin and I got some of hope so I asked my doctor to give it a chance. Day 26 I feel horrible. I felt the same 2 weeks ago I though these side effects will go away and it will be my life saver because is a dopamine inhibitor. I was hoping it works but now I feel completely hopeless I don't know if give it more time or get off this drug it is my last resort. Other antidepressants just make me feel worse wellbutrin too but some days I've been feeling a little of hope and more energy. I don't know what to do anymore"

slam (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "Good! There are big pros and some cons. Pros: big decrease in depression and slight decrease in anxiety, slightly increased sex drive, increased curiosity/motivation, improved verbal fluency and thought process, no weight gain. Cons: more aggressive, worse sleep, far more difficult to meditate/fall asleep, struggle to live in the moment due to amplified thoughts. I’ll stick with it as it does work, although the cons could cause me to discontinue. I’ve been on 300mg XL for 2 months."

Donkeykong March 3, 2019

For Depression "This did not work, if anything it made me feel worse, My anxiety was out of this world and my depression got worse as well. I was on Lexaprol 20mg and as for a change. Well I was hoping this would work, but it did not. I was on the verge of feeling I was losing my marbles. I hope for others it will help. Back to lexapro 20mg"

DRAGONFLYLADY (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2019

For Depression "Terrible drug. If there is a drug out there that is useless, than this is it. I have never been so sick from taking any drug like I was from this drug. Yuck."

RC (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "I take half of pill when I'm feeling anxiety or depressed it helps me calm down."

Nikki (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 7, 2019

For Depression "Was only mildly effective for depression until I combined it with Lamictal. I give it an 8 though, because it has very little side effects. If used for acute depression (caused by real life events or stress), it’s the only antidepressant that you can take without side effects. I tried 3 others. Two made me unable to ejaculate during sex and one intensified mania. It does not make you tired either. Don’t expect miracles, but do generally expect no side effects other than possible anxiety (which is on par or less than anxiety caused by caffeine)."

JBreezy1 January 25, 2019

For Depression "Wow. What an amazing drug. I have been on cymbalta for about 5 years, it was a life saver after a really bad period but began to lose its effectiveness. My doctor added wellbutrin 200mg and I feel like my old self again. Lots of energy, no feeling like the day is to hard to attack. No more feelings about giving up. No need for my daily nap. Wish I would have tried it 20 years ago could have saved a lot of needless pain. I am 40 now and have only been treated for depression for the last 5 years. If anyone out there feels sad all the time for no reason go to your doctor, it doesn't have to be that way. Anyway loving wellbutrin."

sad panda no more (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2019

For Depression "I’ve been on this medication for about a month now and I got really lucky with my side effects. No nausea when I started (I always took it with food) I did feel a slight pressure in my head the first two weeks but that subsided. My depression has only improved a little bit which I’m hoping over more time that’ll improve. I still have a lack of energy and some trouble getting out of bed which is a downfall. The biggest downfall of this medication is the NIGHTMARES. I’ve never been a person who had nightmares often before this, and now I suffer from sleep paralysis and very vivid nightmares almost every night which is scary. On top of that, I can only sleep for maybe 5 hours before I naturally wake up but I’m still tired."

Sabrinnaa (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 18, 2019

For Depression "I have been on other meds for depression, but Wellbutrin has been the best medicine the doctor could have put me on. This med has changed my life from night to day. I did not have the side effects with this one like I did with the others. I can not praise this med enough. Before being put on Wellbutrin I cried all the time, could not get my appartment dark enough and I just wanted to be alone all the time. I can't thank my doctor enough for putting me on Wellbutrin. I have also lost some weight and my sugar cravings are gone. Love Wellbutrin."

Didi (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2019

For Depression "This drug is amazing. It has lifted my depression and I have endless energy. The side affects are even better- weight loss and increased libido. It is the only antidepressant I've tried that has good side affects"

Sd (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2019

For Depression "I started taking generic Bupropion XL 150 my once a day 8 days ago. The anxiety and depression I was feeling were paralyzing me from moving in any direction. I tried every natural option I could research. On day 1 I felt different, motivated and better immediately. In the days following side effects started. Heart palpitations, anxiety, afraid of everything, nightmares, a rash on my neck, eye twitching, staring into space thoughtless unable to make decisions, fear of leaving the house. Day 8 and I’m feeling much more at peace. I’m more focused on myself than issues I have with others. No insomnia and feeling less tolerant of binge drinking to calm down. I want to exercise, clean my house, set goals, eat clean foods and I feel everything is going to be ok. My self confidence is improved and orgasms unaffected. I am hopeful that Wellbutrin was exactly what I needed to be the healthy person I need to be no matter what happens in my life. I just needed a boost and reset."

Tessa January 14, 2019

For Depression "I have been taking Celexa for a while to treat depression and while helpful, it had made me very numb and I was still feeling occasional episodes of mild depression. My provider added Wellbutrin, and what a difference! Wellbutrin gave me a boost of mental energy and feelings of well being that I had never felt before. I am currently doing very well with the combination of Celexa and Wellbutrin. I feel better than I ever have in my life. I've been on this fantastic combination for a year. Highly recommend."

thankful (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 21, 2018

For Depression "I’ve been on Wellbutrin for a little over a year, and honestly it’s been life-changing. I’ve been able to go farther in my weekly talk therapy and get to issues that were blocked in the past because of depression and anxiety. I’ve gone further in my career and found a lot of daily comfort from feeling generally better and able to get through depressed times. I think I finally see an end point to therapy (it’s been nine years). I lost a few pounds and initially had a burst of sexual energy that has sadly dissipated. Now I’m back to normal sex drive, which is so much better than an ill-fated Lexapro trial years ago that prevented me from trying other antidepressants for years. I’m so very glad and grateful I found bupropion."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 17, 2018

For Depression "I had an odd situation where I was not really depressed with sadness but I just felt nothing. I never got angry, never got happy- never wanted to do anything besides lay in bed. I tried to fake it as much as possible but I couldn’t anymore. I stopped answering my phone, lost all interest and motivation. I had taken all the antidepressants on the market but they made me feel crazy. My hands shook and I felt out of my body. I started researching the symptoms of low dopamine and I had almost all of the symptoms- poor memory, poor concentration, excessive worrying, lack of motivation- and overall just not giving a $#|+ about anything. I asked my doctor for Wellbutrin. In a couple of days I was calling old friends, kicking butt at work, and motivated for life again. My problem all along was dopamine not serotonin. I am thankful I figured it out. DON'T GIVE UP. Read about brain chemicals- dopamine, serotonin, and, norephenephrine- and make the choice based on research."

Kai2277 October 10, 2018

For Depression "I was prescribed 50mg Wellbutrin to take 1/day for my adhd symptoms and depression. I had read good things about this drug so I was excited to try it and I was hopeful about it being able to work for me. The first two days I took it, I felt better- more energy, happier outlook on life! But after the third day, I felt like I wasn't taking any pill at all. No noticeable positive effects and only negative side effects, like dry mouth, headaches, and sore throat. A week later I decided to ask my doctor to up my dosage to the XL 150mg. What a mistake! I started having paradoxal effects from it. I was CONSTANTLY exhausted, no motivation to do anything, and I became so irritable and angry that I would start the day already in a bad mood and small things would set me off. It made me feel unbearably depressed, which I had not done that in many years. I can see how this may be a miracle drug for some, but definitely be wary of how it affects you. Still looking for mine. :("

Thomasin September 24, 2018

For Depression "Have been in Wellbutrin SR 150 twice daily. BEST CHOICE I MADE!! I am a person that thrives off of happiness feeling great making others happy etc! After one week I am me again!!! HAPPY, SECURE, JUST ME!! I noticed it has help chill me out. For those that don’t find this medication to work, maybe it is the wrong drug for your chemical imbalance. It is just a matter of finding the right drug for the right person. I'm thankful"

Me (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2018

For Depression "I have generalized anxiety and just worry so much all the time. This medication has helped me with my anxiety. It has kept my mind from constantly running and thinking too much (about bad stuff). It has also gave me a little pep in my step and has made me a lot nicer to be around especially for my kids and husband. I have had some side affects but it did take about 2 weeks for it to finally start working. I am pleased with this med so far. No libido problems either. So I am happy."

Luvnhugz954 (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I want to preface this with a note: we all react differently to medicine; my experience is not indicative of Wellbutrin itself, nor is it premonitory of how you will react to the medication. My psychiatrist prescribed 150mg of Wellbutrin at the beginning of July. He added it to my Prozac 40mg to help with some major depression I've been having as of late. When I began the drug, I took it in the morning because it is supposed to give you energy. I immediately felt like a zombie! I could not function -- everything was in slo-mo. I walked as though I was drunk, I forgot words while speaking, I was forgetful in the midst of doing a task. It got really bad when I was driving so slow and swerving into the curb. I dropped from 150mg to 100mg. It did not a difference. That day, my mother took my to the hospital. I was given fluids and immediately stopped. I've been off of it about a week and a half and I am feeling so much better."

KateD777 (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2018

For Depression "I have been on Wellbutrin immediate release for over 20 years. It has been a lifesaver for me. The second day I took it, I thought this is what it feels like to be normal. Yes, I had to adjust to side effects but it was worth it to me as it changed my life. Zoloft was added for side effects, and here I am 20 years later -- functioning and happy with a few exceptions. Why is the original name brand no longer available? None of the generics have worked as well. Insurance keeps changing the manufacturers I can use so its always a new experiment. Not good. Where is the original? How and why did this happen?"

Dora (taken for 10 years or more) August 6, 2018

For Depression "This medicine saved my life. I have been on 300 mg for a few months now and I feel like me again! A couple years ago my son was diagnosed with cancer, he beat it, but the fight left me as an empty shell. I didn’t even realize how bad I was struggling just to make it through the day. When I first started Wellbutrin, I thought I had made a mistake, but my husband and I agreed that it would be best to give it a chance. After about 4-5 weeks, everything suddenly seemed better. I have energy, I’m sleeping well, I wake up early and feel rested, my libido is back, and I lost about 10lbs of the weight I put on while my son was sick. I am not just feeling better, I am genuinely enjoying my life. I’m happy, my husband is happy, and life is good. I’m so glad I stuck with it."

Justme (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "This was the only anti-depressant that I've taken that actually made me worse. Most of the others, Zoloft, Lexapro, Cymbalta, Prozac either helped a tiny bit or not at all, but never worse. Wellbutrin raised my anxiety sky high. I'm sure it may not be the case for others, but I wanted to share my experience. Good luck to anyone who does try this."

darstar007 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2018