User Reviews for Wellbutrin

Learn more about Wellbutrin.

Depression 320 reviews 79 medications

7.4
Major Depressive Disorder 40 reviews 46 medications

7.4
Summary of Wellbutrin reviews 360 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Wellbutrin

For Depression "Hi, I've been on Wellbutrin for about 6 weeks now. At first everything was great. I felt good, slept well and seemed content. That is until a couple weeks ago. I noticed that things I used to just brush off have really started to bother me. I am crying a lot and the latest has been nausea and acid stomach. I hardly want to eat. I can't think of anything else but the medication that is causing all of this to happen. I'm calling the dr tomorrow to get off this and go back to what I was on before. The reason I switched is because weight gain. Sure Wellbutrin has caused me to lose some weight, but that's because I can hardly eat! I'm glad it's working for some. Just not me. "

Not fun (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "Hi there I wanted to share with the ones that have dry mouth with this I also did if you go to walmart and go to the toothpaste isle find the tooth paste I believe it was called dry mouth in a blue package I used it once and it helped my dry mouth same day and other was able to use my regular toothpaste for a couple weeks before having to brush again with dry mouth tooth paste air wanted to share this because the dry mouth is what almost caused me to stop taking welbutrin but it works so great for me I wanted to try everything possible first:) really hope this helps also if you don't have insurance good rx will decrease the cost tremendously :)"

Momma3boys5 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "Unfortunately this medication did not work out well for me at all. I was on 150mg of Wellbutrin a generic SR version. In the first week I took the medicine first thing in the morning as directed (for me that's about 7a.m.), and the rest of the day I had intense/severe headaches. Mind you, I already take medication daily for migraines because I'm a chronic sufferer, and my migraine medication was being blown out of the water! I felt like I had several ice picks in my head. The other issue I noticed immediately was that I was having an extremely difficult time sleeping and if I did fall asleep I'd have very vivid and awful nightmares. Other apparently issues were having memory loss and abnormal behavior. Not for me!!!"

MyExperience101 (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "Wellbutrin worked very effectively in treating my depression. It lifted me out of a major depression I had been in for years. However, I am facing an issue because while Wellbutrin is great for treating my depression, the side effects are terrible. I am having excessive sweating all the time and extreme dry mouth. The dry mouth is causing bad breath and cavities. I am doing everything I can to combat the dry mouth and sweating with no avail. I was told the side effects will diminish over time but it has been over a year and the side effects aren't any better. Does anyone know of effective ways to combat the side effects?"

Anonymous February 26, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "Trying to get this medication from my Pharmacy because it works so well but I'm not able to because it cost $1,900 and I'm so sick and tired of getting the runaround"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I'm gaining weight anyone else experiencing this?"

Maltisue February 21, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "This has become my miracle medicine. Some days I wonder if it's too good to be true!! I've battled depression and anxiety on and off for years. My doctors over the years kept giving me different SSRIs and those made me like a zombie barely able to get out of bed. With a toddler that's just not an option! I've been on it for about 6 weeks now and let me tell you the benefits: I'm HAPPY - like I have a desire to move and do things as opposed to sitting on the couch after work not wanting to do a thing until bedtime. It's almost like I'm on speed. I'm SO productive at work and home. I'm sleeping better - I was worried it would keep me awake but nope. Sex drive thru the roof. I've lost 10 lbs so far from suppressed appetite and working out!"

Sara987 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2017

57 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "This medication really blows. It is like I'm not even on anything. If anything it makes me or irritated/jumpy. I am taking 150mg 2x a day. I switched to this from Celexa, because Celexa was making me extremely forgetful, but other than that Celexa was actually working. I have anxiety and depression and this stuff does absolutely nothing. I'm going to my doctor Monday to switch to something else."

AmberLynnxX (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 3, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I had experienced a very traumatic event and was prescribed this medication wellbutrin at 150mg for three day then 300mg everyday but at separate times. Within a week I could feel a strange feeling like I couldn't stop thinking about just what I was seeing and how miserable I felt. A few days later I hit the lowest point in life. Soon afterward I was experiencing some suicidal thoughts. Had to take a benzo to relax and it went away. Never taking that again. I was on it only 2 weeks."

Wellbutrin user January 22, 2017

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "Tabitha57.... What brand of 150 SR did you take... Mylan, sandoz or Brand name Wellbutrin?"

Rinmoe (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 16, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I am a 57 year old breast cancer survivor who has been in excellent shape, trim and happily married. After menopause, I developed insomnia, weight gain and depression. Can no longer take estrogen due to breast cancer, which made me feel tired all the time. Thyroid medicine helped but not enough--No energy and lost interest in doing things. My doctor insisted I try SSRIs such as Lexapro and Zoloft, but had bad side effects. I tried many supplements--not much help. I tried Bupropion HCL SR 150 mg. It worked right away. I take early morning and have energy all day. I did not have side effects (lost 2 pounds! and insomnia if taken after 10 am). Changed my life! Been on it 4 months."

Tabitha 57 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 14, 2017

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "Started taking it and I slept well at night and awoke early around 5 to start my day happily. But come 8 am and I am drowsy and needed to take already two hrs nap. Awake and resume My day with not much difficulties. Than st 2 pm again I needed a nap? So how was I gonna make it to work and my appointments too ? I went cold turkey. Felt much better after that. Only to crash again. I did try other anti depressants including pristique. But I suffered with insomnia with these meds. I know I need to start again but so confused if I should resume welbutrin"

Neemi (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I've been depressed for quite some years now on and off. I've had my highs and my lows .I decided to talk to my doctor to try out anti depressants even though I was so scared and skeptical .My doctor prescribed me with setraline 50 mg I noticed my energy level increased to a certain extent but after a couple months I noticed no change at all I was just at a 5 out of 10 not going up or down so I decided to change my meds. He then prescribed me bupropion xl 150 mg. The first 3 days were amazing I had an incredible amount of energy . I felt the most normal I hadin a whole year . Soon after , the 6th day came and i felt horrible. Vomiting , headaches, confusion.. & night sweats.. etc"

Sammydee January 5, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "Started Wellbutrin XL at 150 mg once a day to treat depression and anxiety, although was more concerned about depression. The first week I was on it I was absolutely miserable. I did not sleep or eat at all and was crying constantly and I think it definitely worsened my depression. However, I called my doctor and had my dose lowered to 75 mg and not extended release and I immediately felt better. I have been on that dosage for about 6 months now and I feel amazing. I am able to control my emotions so much better and I rarely have meltdowns ( I used to have a complete meltdown anytime anything negative happened to me). I definitely plan on staying on wellbutrin. Would just recommend you make sure you are on the right dose"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 4, 2017

44 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I've been taking Bupropion 1 pill 150mg once a day for anxiety and depression for a month and it hasn't really been working. I feel the same way. The first day I felt that it limited my brain somehow, but that was all. And I find myself not being able to sleep at all at night ever since I started taking it. I've been sleeping 2-3 hours. Maybe I should take a higher dose or change medication."

Angel8888 January 4, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "Now on day 3 of 150mg Wellbutrin. I feel jittery, out of it, like my brain is cement and won't move when I turn my head, I can hardly concentrate for a conversation, I drop things, I have trouble thinking straight. I drove my car the first day but should not have. I will continue hoping that these horrible side effects go away"

Tantantro December 29, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "Started on this med low and slow as I am sensitive to medicine. Had to increase up and no relief. Increased 3 times and still no relief. Did not do much for me but give it a chance. I took it for over six months. Many others report excellent results with it"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 29, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "I started taking Wellbutrin (150mg) during an extreme depressive episode. It helped even me out a lot, though it didn't address all of my symptoms. I increased the dose to 300mg but had to drop back down because I was having trouble sleeping. This is the only side effect I've experienced while on this medication. I've been on it for a year and a half now and overall it has helped a lot. I'm still depressed but I'm no where near as bad as before taking Wellbutrin. I'm looking into adding an SSRI or something as an adjunct therapy to try to make things even better."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 17, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been prescribed several anti-depressants throughout the years, many being SSRI's and they've had little to no effect, or even the opposite effect but this medication works so well I can't even believe it. I'm so happy I was prescribed this medication for depression. I have been on it for 3 years now and my life is changed dramatically. I suffer from major depressive disorder and SAD."

raven_is December 17, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I've been on Wellbutrin now for 7 months. Started off at 150 mg and in 4 weeks increased it to 300 mg because if I took the 150 mg in the morning ( 7am) by ( 5 pm) I crashed and started feeling hopeless and useless. Before taking Wellbutrin I must admit I was very depressed. Always looking for change and felt useless and hopeless about life, I went up and down from being angry some days then happy some days, then sad other days. (Emotional wreck) lol. I wasn't my sociable self. I would go to work, go to school, then go home. Friends would call to hang out and I would sadly decline. From my experience of being on Wellbutrin it has helped me a great deal. I feel normal now and more sociable. Just to add it also helps with my ADD. :)"

Loretta2016 December 17, 2016

39 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I went through a very rough patch and initially started on Lexapro, mostly for anxiety. It made me have no strong feelings, good or bad. I needed that for a while but got concerned about not caring about much of anything. That's when I weaned myself off of that. Not too long later I realized I still had issues that needed dealt with. My doctor suggested trying wellbutrin instead as it targets different chemicals in the brain. It has made a huge difference for me in dealing with persistent depression. For the first week or two I had night sweats and very vivid nightmares along with a loss of appetite. I've been on 150mg twice daily for about a year now and and makes me feel as close to normal as I've felt in a while."

Jennifuzzy (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 12, 2016

39 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I've taken it for a week now and all its caused was me and my gf to have big fights in public. I already had anger issues. Its worse now. I'll stick with it for another week or two, if it doesn't get better. I'm quitting this mess."

I've taken it for a week now (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I just started taking wellbutrin, before I was on Lexapro but became tolerant of it. So doctor prescribed Wellbutrin. The first time I took the medication I woke up thinking I was in another state. And now I live in florida...must a been a dream. Any way I'm not sure about wellbutrin and yes I know it takes time to tell if it's going to work. I just wish I was not so anxious and a scared feeling inside me. I don't like being alone but I dont have a GF, just friends that are to busy to stop by. But we are all around 57 58 59 and 60...so guess that figures....Has anyone had good results with welbutrin?"

robertestokley December 10, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "not sure yet"

StagnDoe December 8, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I got depression and anxiety after one summer of abusing ecstasy and acid. This was 2003. For quite a while I didn't Medicate as I was still in denial. After about 2 years of suffering I started taking lexapro. It didn't do much. I began to get severe headaches. After 2 years I switched to Zoloft. Kept waiting for things to get better but they just got worse. I began to put on weight. To feel better I was binge eating junk food. I became sickly bloated, And had terrible OCD. Eventually out of desperation I switched doctors 2 yrs ago and he prescribed Wellbutrin xl. Thank god. The fog began to clear up, I felt optimistic, less anxious, lost weight. Am almost 80% better. Living a normal life. Welbutrin saved my life."

Manav (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 8, 2016