User Reviews for Wellbutrin

Learn more about Wellbutrin.

Depression 291 reviews 80 medications

7.5
Major Depressive Disorder 31 reviews 46 medications

7.4
Summary of Wellbutrin reviews 322 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Wellbutrin

For Depression "Started post-break-up. Happy now, don't credit meds, but still take WB & never want to stop (unlike Clonaz. & Desipr.) bc other reasons to take. Lost weight, gained energy, desire to be social. Now only anxiety and IBS; the WB counters some sexual side effects of other meds. NOT a morning person, but 450 SR(12hr) right b4 sleep (RIGHT b4 or insomnia)=hop out of bed at alarm. If I take 450 in morning, easy to resist food. Wish I could have both, but splitting dosage or taking XL(24hr) doesn't work. 167lbs 6yrs ago @start, down to125. 3yrs of 130lbs but built-up tolerance, so then 150lbs 2yrs ago. Took @night for months, then back to morning & now 1yr 135lbs. 450mg is max. New dr: split time night & mrng. But that would defeat 1/2 its purpose"

LosingWeight=Antidepressant (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 24, 2016

For Depression "I've had depression and anxiety with panics since 2013 and been through many medications that didn't work and finally I get Wellbutrin 150mg lexapro 20 mg and it's amazing I feel back to myself years ago!!! Here it is 2016 when I get the right deal."

Stg76864 September 19, 2016

For Depression "I smoked for 48 years. It helped me quit now I'm going to use it for my depression ."

Papal (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2016

For Depression "I have little side effects like a headache, but that is due to no appetite from this medication. Ever since I have been on it I feel wonderful again like I used to be. All I would sit around and cry and think I was useless but now that is gone all together. I'm on 200mg and who knows I could have it increased if all goes well. Since I have been on this medication I have lost 14 lbs. I have no appetite so I have to force myself to eat which isn't till like 4 pm. I'm so glad I'm losing weight and not gaining. Who knows it could be a combination with my Lisinopril. I guess everyone is different but give it a try or ask your doctor if you can take it for weight loss, my doctor put me on it for weight loss and depression...Very very happy"

Cyndie endurance (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 17, 2016

For Depression "I've been on the drug for months, but I noticed the effects of it almost immediately. For the first time I can concentrate for long periods of time, and my motivation has never been better (although it's not always drastic). It has really messed with my appetite by making me not want to eat and getting full really quick, but I feel great and have lost a lot of weight! It hasn't changed my depressive thoughts, but I have way fewer break downs and my mood drops are not nearly as extreme. I love this drug."

Anonymous September 16, 2016

For Depression "I was started on WB xl 150mg 8week ago The first couple of weeks I had nausea fogginess and had trouble sleeping this started to taper off at about the four week mark. Last week my doctor increased it to 300mg and I have foggy/dizziness and since I've been on it I've had some abdominal discomfort. Is this normal and will it go away and do you get the side effects again when it has been increased?"

Message September 12, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I'm on 100 mg of bupropion Sr twice a day. Some days I'm balanced, some days I'm full of so much energy and today zombie state. Pros? The "voices" in my head berating me every second of the day is silent. I am starting to see less hallucinations. My sex drive is up and paranoia down. Cons? Vivid dreams. Like vivid to the point of not being able to differentiate reality. Also, you always sleep late and wake up early. But you trade one major problem for a manageable one so I can deal with this. It's only been a month. Perhaps it gets better. Who knows. I am worried it may trigger another psychotic episode...may have to talk to Doctor."

Sam l h September 8, 2016

"I was on 20 mg of Celexa for 2 years to treat anxiety (GAD) and OCD. With Celexa, I never had any side effects, and the only thing I noticed was my weight would fluctuate.My Doctor suggested Wellbutrin because it was weight neutral and also could help with ADD. I tried it for 4 weeks, which I know you should give it the full 6-8 weeks, however, 4 weeks was enough. I had horrible headaches, no appetite, felt like I was strung out, up days, down days,depressions (which I have never had), horrible anxiety, no motivation, horrible ADD, and the list goes on. I told my doctor, but she urged me to continue. Finally, my hair started coming out, and I was done. This is a powerful drug and I am sure it does wonder for people who need it, but not me."

Harper2082 September 6, 2016

For Depression "So my journey has been two years with depression/anxiety. Had two bouts prior.... the first coming out of nowhere around age 40. The two times I went on a Paxil and in 30 days I was normal. You can only imagine my disbelief when this third bout trying Lexapro, Effexor and Paxil lead to horrible fatigue within a week of each. I just couldn't tolerate the fatigue and there was no relief. Incredible. Went on 100 mg of Wellbutrin despite it increasing my anxiety... requiring Lorazepam. For past year I couldn't tolerate more than 100 mg of W. w/o terrible fatigue. A year later I just got up to 150 mg without fatigue... no relief of depression yet. Also in therapy. Wellbutrin is better than nothing I guess. Not sure what's next."

Fiftiesman (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 4, 2016

For Depression "I am on day 3 of wellbutrin. I have a special 70mg doseage as in Europe not easily available. I did day 1 and day 2 on 35mg. I just slept all the time and thankfully was the weekend so off work. I felt so great though apart from being zombie. Was hungry alot too. Day 3 - I've taken 35mg morning now my second 35mg at evening. Am wondering will the sleepiness go away? I've tried loads of SSRI'S and SRNI's and just sleep all the time on all of them. Very frustrating as I know lots of people who are on anti depressants and they don't have the zombie affect and it really improves the quality of their lives. Am probably going to have to come off anti depressants as no quality of life with the zombie affect. Any advice be appreciated. :("

SpaceCowGal August 21, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was prescribed 150mg of Wellbutrin after I had attempted suicide twice. It really didn't help me. For a while I kind of just felt empty and it didn't really help my mood. To be honest, it made me worse. My anxiety was at its worse and I was still self harming and thinking about suicide. This was definitely not for me."

Edgemeister36 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 21, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "This medication has been a godsend for me. I've been on some other antidepressants, namely Cymbalta and Buspar but I couldn't quite get my head out of the funk. Now, with Wellbutrin I feel like I'm awake and enjoying life again!"

Dan9447 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 20, 2016

For Depression "I've been battling depression for quite a while now. It all started after a cancer diagnosis. I'm currently a survivor but feel extremely depressed after my long time boyfriend left me. I feel extremely lonely without him and couldn't cope with life. I would think about suicide day and night so I realized I needed help and decided to take Wellbutrin. Good thing is that it gave me lots of energy and was able to focus better but the downside was that I couldn't sleep. I'm looking for another medication now."

Morgan12345 August 17, 2016

For Depression "I enjoy reading everyone's stories as I search for an answer to my depression and anxiety issues. I think it is important that you state the dose (regular, SR, or XL) and mg you are taking as it makes a difference. I am assuming we are all talking generic as well. My MD psychiatrist will only prescribe the SR and says the XL "is garbage," I was interested in the Xl because of the convenience of taking one a day. My brother, who is year younger and hardwired like me, swears by the 300 XL and says it helps him tremendously. I was trying to sell that to my MD but he was not buying it. Anyways, I have been taking 2 x 150 SR daily and I feel more energized, level headed, with less binge eating. No luck on Celexa, Paxil and Effexor.."

DaddyO/3boyz August 12, 2016

For Depression "After 6 days on this pill my family noticed a calmer me. I haven't experience any anxiety episodes but I have noticed I'm a bit foggy and forgetful. I'm sure it's going to take a while before my body gets used to the medication. For the most part I feel like it's doing a positive impact in my life. Also having a harder time to fall asleep hopefully that changes soon."

Marie R. July 31, 2016

For Depression "I took bupropion for about two weeks and I didnt like the side effects. I cant sleep and with kids its a big no!. Its been about 2 weeks since I stopped and I wish I didnt. I get anxiety attacks I want to cry!! And dizziness. I will visit my dr soon."

Anonymous July 23, 2016

For Depression "Back in Feb I had first started not sleeping well and by the end of that month major depression was in full effect. I tried numerous atypical antidepressants only getting major side effects. I was not inclined to use an SSRI since side effects seem to outweigh some of the positives they offer. Reluctant to give up on medication all together I was still not sleeping major battle with anxiety and insomnia. I decided to try Wellbutrin 150mg XL. Let me clearly explain the first 2 weeks were rough. No sleep think I slept 3 days or so. After the 3rd week I started to see more positive motivation and energy to get through the day. The energy is balanced now and the depressed thoughts and anxiety are in control. I'm just going to week 4... Onward"

Lostinamaze July 15, 2016

For Depression "Well after trying Paxil (worked really well but bad sexual side effects) for a couple years, then celexa worked but not as well as Paxil still sexual side effects recently on Prozac worked for depression however sexual side effects made me just not want to even bother. Got a script for Wellbutrin Xl 150mg brand name as I asked for non generic out of pocket cost 11.27 with insurance. Will report back and see how I do. Day one tomorrow. I put a rating of 5 just because of the unknown. Will rate when in full swing."

Macphisto July 12, 2016

For Depression "Over years have tried several antidepressants.....in my younger years Prozac, zoloft, Paxil, horrible side effects! Now that I am in my fifties I have been dealing with depression? Menopausal related,stress ,life.....tried natural Sam e and some others with no results but only side effects....Finally started Wellbutin and finally feeling black cloud lifting with No weird side effects....Hopefully continue and feel like my old self again:)"

Alicefay (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2016

For Depression "After the failure of 2 bupropion generics & the discontinued manufacturing of the one generic I *could* tolerate, I finally got on the one form of the name-brand Wellbutrin my insurance would cover. It made all the difference in the world. I feel better. My severe mood swings decreased as well as my angry outbursts. I don't mind the 3 pills a day (my generics had been SR); I actually prefer it as it seems the nighttime dose makes it easier to get up in the morning. I am dealing with some constipation, but I have MS and that is a side effect of many of my medications as well as my condition. I was happy and starting to get back on my feet again. BUT....Now they aren't going to make it any more. I have confirmation from GSK. So now what?"

MS Chick (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 7, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "Taking Wellbutrin 300XL for a while now. Previously used a SSRI which had little to no effect in that I would contemplate suicide nearly daily and had zero interest in life in general. Now I actually want to do things again, I am enjoying life and I have more energy. I can't say enough how well this drug has worked for me. Only side effect I've experienced is decreased appetite and I've lost a few pounds, which for me is a good thing."

Anonymous July 6, 2016

For Depression "I've been on Wellbutrin for about four weeks to ease my social anxiety issues. I have never taken anti-depressants before so I had no idea what to expect. I'm glad the first week is over because it was very euphoric, which I did not enjoy. I had to take a nap around 4:00 p.m. the first day. The second week was not euphoric at all and I feel back to my old self again. Gratitude all around."

HoloceneSoldier (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been on Wellbutrin 75mg x 2 a day for a week. I have CFS and MDD, SAD, as well as mild OSA. My sleep doctor suggested Wellbutrin because of its stimulating effects after I asked about Provigil or Nuvigil for my extreme fatigue and depression. The first four days I felt like I drank 20 cups of coffee. Jittery, gnashing my teeth, tensed up muscles, hard time sleeping, while still depressed. Not a good combination. After four days the stimulant effect suddenly went away and was replaced by the worst sleepiness I've ever felt. An hour after taking the pills I practically fall asleep. Drowsy and sleepy all day to the point of not being able to function at my job. Not sure if I can continue Wellbutrin for much longer."

Iwantanewdrug (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2016

For Depression "I was given this medication at a low dose because I am in end stage copd. I have been experiencing auditory hallucinations and also very strange dreams and was not told about this by my doctor or pharmacist. I looked at the information given to me by the pharmacist and these adverse reactions were buried in little print at the very bottom. I feel that these side effects should be known right away. I thought I was losing my mind. I am going to stop taking this drug and if anyone asks me about it I will tell them to be very careful."

Legacy albatross (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 1, 2016

For Depression "I'm in my mid 30's and took wellburtrin for the last 6 weeks for depression & ADD. I was shaky since the beginning (although not as bad as I was in the beginning), the entire time I'd feel my legs would give out. I was always sleepy & lazy with a why bother attitude for everything. My mind would still wander but it would be blank. I started forgetting things I've always known like my zip code. It started affecting me at work. I called my doctor who said my symptoms weren't from the wellbutrin but the other meds I'm on. I stopped taking the wellbutrin yesterday, I already have more energy, I'm noticeably less shaky (my boss noticed), I'm more focused. I feel better than I have in a long time. Don't take wellbutrin it'll just mess you up."

Theredhead (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2016