User Reviews for Wellbutrin

6.9

Summary of Wellbutrin reviews 7.1 473 reviews

Reviews for Wellbutrin

Sandy · Taken for less than 1 month July 20, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "My psychiatrist put me on Wellbutrin 75 mg once a day to start with and after 7 days I went up to 2 times a day. Before I started to take it I couldn’t get out of bed because of my depression. My energy levels were at almost zero. The Wellbutrin has helped me tremendously. I actually have energy to get out of bed and live my life. The side effects are constipation and loss of appetite. In the past it gave me severe anxiety which is why my psychiatrist started me at a very low dose and it’s actually helped."

Bluebear · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 11, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been on 300mg Wellbutrin (WB) for 6 months. I was in a deep depression and WB gave me the drive to get out of bed and out of the house. The physical symptoms of depression were greatly reduced - more awake, alert, increase sex drive, normalized cognitive function. However, it made me feel very uncomfortable - wound up, agitated, irritable. I didn’t like the person I had become. It was almost as if my ego had been amplified ten fold. I reduced to 150mg and felt immediate relief from the restless energy which was worsening my emotional state. I am considering discontinuing."

btzuko July 6, 2019

For Depression "Ugh, Wellbutrin. I’ve taken it off and on for three years, and let me tell you, if you have binge-eating disorder (BED)this is one of the WORST drugs to take. I don’t think it helps me depression-wise at all, and my anxiety just gets heightened to an 11. I’m constantly paranoid, like to the point where I’m a raging hypochondriac who is afraid of being poisoned and can’t leave the house. I had anxiety pre-Wellbutrin, but NEVER this extreme. The reason I don’t recommend this to anyone with BED (or people who fear weight gain), is because every time I try to come off it, I’ll go into a binge-eating frenzy. Like, I’m ravenous 24/7, and I can’t seem to get control of my appetite no matter how hard I try. Sure, it’s nice to go back on it and lose 10 pounds without much effort, but those appetite suppressant effects wear off quickly and it’s not worth the levels of paranoia (and in no way does it counteract the 20+ pounds I gain when I attempt to stop taking it)."

sam July 6, 2019

For Depression "I felt beter after 2 weeks on it. no noticeable side effects. It also helped me quit smoking which is nice."

Huckleberry · Taken for less than 1 month June 25, 2019

For Depression "Started this med 3 weeks ago for anxiety. Have had bad constipation and bowels are black color. My stomach is bloated, pains in my stomach, anxiety is worse, hair is falling out, memory problems, nasty, agitation, get upset and scream, feels like I have a lump in my throat. Just worse now since taking this med. I stopped it today and feel much better. Don't want to take this med any longer it's not for me. It's really bad for my body."

Name · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 8, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "Even after 8 months of taking Wellbutrin 300 mg daily, Wellbutrin increased my anxiety from a 7 to a 9. Even though I'm not bipolar, I felt mean and irritable on it. It helped reduce physical symptoms of depression such as sleep and body weakness problems but it gave me way too much energy during the day. Now, the drug company is researching adding a cough suppressant to it. No thanks."

Missy · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 3, 2019

For Depression "WELLBUTRIN GAVE ME GASTROPARESIS! I took it for 2 months. It helped a little bit with the depression, more than most meds I've tried, but I stopped taking it due to horrible constipation. Even after I quit taking it, I kept getting sicker and sicker. I got diagnosed with gastroparesis about a year later. Turns out gastroparesis can be caused by dopamine agonists. It's been 1.5 years since I started taking Wellbutrin, and I still have gastroparesis. I can't eat any of my favorite foods anymore, and it's really difficult to get the nutrition I need on such a limited diet. I might have this condition for life. The side effects are absolutely not worth the benefits of this medication!"

Lannahn · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 25, 2019

For Depression "The heightened sex drive Wellbutrin (bunonorphrine) is SO powerful that I'm even having awesome sexual dreams in my sleep. It hasn't helped me to stop smoking, but I smoke very little to begin with so maybe that's why I don't notice a difference. It totally smoothed out my mean mood swings. I just love it I have zero bad side effects. I do believe the medication helps females libido more than it helps most males, but I could be wrong."

dana · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 12, 2019

For Depression "I'm nasty with Wellbutrin, irritability is a side effect so my dosage was cut in half. Seemed ok for a short time not back to the nasties. Seems occasionally some days I'm ok for a short time about 1-2hours, then back to being irritable. Can't even stand myself. Such a hard day trying to suppress the anger for the sake of others. This alone is causing depression symptoms."

Nicole · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 6, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "This worked amazingly for my mood and really helped me get through a very dark time but this medication unfortunately caused me to develop severe cystic acne on my face. It was after a couple of months on the medication that the acne started develop and it only got worse from then. As soon as I stopped the medication, the acne disappeared almost immediately but I am left with a lot of scarring. I tried countless creams and tablets for the spots but nothing worked therefore coming of wellbutrin was the only option which was a shame because this pill was a life saver for me."

young & depressed April 17, 2019

For Depression "After a few bouts of mild depression, I entered a more major depressive period about two years ago. I told my psychiatrist I was so sad "my teeth hurt". I was unmotivated, hopeless, and really just sooo sad all the time. My doctor tried to give me an SSRI but I pushed for Wellbutrin due to the lack of sexual side effects and weight gain with SSRIs. The first couple of weeks on it, I was on a total high. I remember dancing around with my kids and literally jumping around at the playground like a crazy lady. Once that levelled off I was just "me" again. No other way to put it than I feel totally normal now. I still get sad, happy, angry (so I'm not flat) but all within a normal range. The ONLY negative for me is that if I miss a dose I turn into a raging crazy lady. I feel like I'm withdrawing from hard drugs. It definitely makes me scared of when the time comes to try and get off of it, but for now it's worth it."

cvoor · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 9, 2019

For Depression "Wellbutrin with Zoloft works very well for me, it helps depression and anxiety."

Nicolas · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 9, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "I would not recommend Wellbutrin if you have depression along with anxiety, did not do much for me even on 300mg."

Sahara · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 27, 2019

For Depression "If you have anxiety - you don't want to take Wellbutrin. Over a 90 day period it turned me into an anxious mess, with full-blown panic attacks. Couldn't pay me to take it again!"

Bipolar2coolforschool · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 12, 2019

For Depression "I have bipolar II and after a series of failed drugs, I was prescribed quetiapine (that's a whole other message board) and bupropion. I was on Activas bupropion 150 XL for about six weeks. It stabilized me, but I was still depressed - but functioning. Side effects - waking up early, feeling like a zombie, loss of appetite - went away within that time period. I've now been on Par Pharmaceutical's bupropion 300 XL for about a month. Side effects are irritability and jitters, but I'm hoping those go away. I tried Activas 300 XL - oval pills - and it seemed to dump a large portion of the medication about two hours after taking it, giving me a zombie effect. It also gave me a headache. Those things may have gone away with time, but I switched back to Par. Overall I'm content and my depression is gone."

slam · Taken for less than 1 month March 8, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "I suffering anhedonia for 1.5 years I don't feel happy, but no angry or any other emotion. I heard about wellbutrin and I got some of hope so I asked my doctor to give it a chance. Day 26 I feel horrible. I felt the same 2 weeks ago I though these side effects will go away and it will be my life saver because is a dopamine inhibitor. I was hoping it works but now I feel completely hopeless I don't know if give it more time or get off this drug it is my last resort. Other antidepressants just make me feel worse wellbutrin too but some days I've been feeling a little of hope and more energy. I don't know what to do anymore"

Donkeykong March 3, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "Good! There are big pros and some cons. Pros: big decrease in depression and slight decrease in anxiety, slightly increased sex drive, increased curiosity/motivation, improved verbal fluency and thought process, no weight gain. Cons: more aggressive, worse sleep, far more difficult to meditate/fall asleep, struggle to live in the moment due to amplified thoughts. I’ll stick with it as it does work, although the cons could cause me to discontinue. I’ve been on 300mg XL for 2 months."

DRAGONFLYLADY · Taken for less than 1 month February 25, 2019

For Depression "This did not work, if anything it made me feel worse, My anxiety was out of this world and my depression got worse as well. I was on Lexaprol 20mg and as for a change. Well I was hoping this would work, but it did not. I was on the verge of feeling I was losing my marbles. I hope for others it will help. Back to lexapro 20mg"

RC · Taken for less than 1 month February 16, 2019

For Depression "Terrible drug. If there is a drug out there that is useless, than this is it. I have never been so sick from taking any drug like I was from this drug. Yuck."

Nikki · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 7, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "I take half of pill when I'm feeling anxiety or depressed it helps me calm down."

JBreezy1 January 25, 2019

For Depression "Was only mildly effective for depression until I combined it with Lamictal. I give it an 8 though, because it has very little side effects. If used for acute depression (caused by real life events or stress), it’s the only antidepressant that you can take without side effects. I tried 3 others. Two made me unable to ejaculate during sex and one intensified mania. It does not make you tired either. Don’t expect miracles, but do generally expect no side effects other than possible anxiety (which is on par or less than anxiety caused by caffeine)."

sad panda no more · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 22, 2019

For Depression "Wow. What an amazing drug. I have been on cymbalta for about 5 years, it was a life saver after a really bad period but began to lose its effectiveness. My doctor added wellbutrin 200mg and I feel like my old self again. Lots of energy, no feeling like the day is to hard to attack. No more feelings about giving up. No need for my daily nap. Wish I would have tried it 20 years ago could have saved a lot of needless pain. I am 40 now and have only been treated for depression for the last 5 years. If anyone out there feels sad all the time for no reason go to your doctor, it doesn't have to be that way. Anyway loving wellbutrin."

Sabrinnaa · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 18, 2019

For Depression "I’ve been on this medication for about a month now and I got really lucky with my side effects. No nausea when I started (I always took it with food) I did feel a slight pressure in my head the first two weeks but that subsided. My depression has only improved a little bit which I’m hoping over more time that’ll improve. I still have a lack of energy and some trouble getting out of bed which is a downfall. The biggest downfall of this medication is the NIGHTMARES. I’ve never been a person who had nightmares often before this, and now I suffer from sleep paralysis and very vivid nightmares almost every night which is scary. On top of that, I can only sleep for maybe 5 hours before I naturally wake up but I’m still tired."

Didi · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 17, 2019

For Depression "I have been on other meds for depression, but Wellbutrin has been the best medicine the doctor could have put me on. This med has changed my life from night to day. I did not have the side effects with this one like I did with the others. I can not praise this med enough. Before being put on Wellbutrin I cried all the time, could not get my appartment dark enough and I just wanted to be alone all the time. I can't thank my doctor enough for putting me on Wellbutrin. I have also lost some weight and my sugar cravings are gone. Love Wellbutrin."

Sd · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 15, 2019

For Depression "This drug is amazing. It has lifted my depression and I have endless energy. The side affects are even better- weight loss and increased libido. It is the only antidepressant I've tried that has good side affects"

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)