User Reviews for Wellbutrin

Learn more about Wellbutrin.

Major Depressive Disorder 30 reviews 46 medications

7.6
Depression 284 reviews 79 medications

7.5
Summary of Wellbutrin reviews 314 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Wellbutrin

For Depression "I am on day 3 of wellbutrin. I have a special 70mg doseage as in Europe not easily available. I did day 1 and day 2 on 35mg. I just slept all the time and thankfully was the weekend so off work. I felt so great though apart from being zombie. Was hungry alot too. Day 3 - I've taken 35mg morning now my second 35mg at evening. Am wondering will the sleepiness go away? I've tried loads of SSRI'S and SRNI's and just sleep all the time on all of them. Very frustrating as I know lots of people who are on anti depressants and they don't have the zombie affect and it really improves the quality of their lives. Am probably going to have to come off anti depressants as no quality of life with the zombie affect. Any advice be appreciated. :("

SpaceCowGal August 21, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was prescribed 150mg of Wellbutrin after I had attempted suicide twice. It really didn't help me. For a while I kind of just felt empty and it didn't really help my mood. To be honest, it made me worse. My anxiety was at its worse and I was still self harming and thinking about suicide. This was definitely not for me."

Edgemeister36 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 21, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "This medication has been a godsend for me. I've been on some other antidepressants, namely Cymbalta and Buspar but I couldn't quite get my head out of the funk. Now, with Wellbutrin I feel like I'm awake and enjoying life again!"

Dan9447 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 20, 2016

For Depression "I've been battling depression for quite a while now. It all started after a cancer diagnosis. I'm currently a survivor but feel extremely depressed after my long time boyfriend left me. I feel extremely lonely without him and couldn't cope with life. I would think about suicide day and night so I realized I needed help and decided to take Wellbutrin. Good thing is that it gave me lots of energy and was able to focus better but the downside was that I couldn't sleep. I'm looking for another medication now."

Morgan12345 August 17, 2016

For Depression "I enjoy reading everyone's stories as I search for an answer to my depression and anxiety issues. I think it is important that you state the dose (regular, SR, or XL) and mg you are taking as it makes a difference. I am assuming we are all talking generic as well. My MD psychiatrist will only prescribe the SR and says the XL "is garbage," I was interested in the Xl because of the convenience of taking one a day. My brother, who is year younger and hardwired like me, swears by the 300 XL and says it helps him tremendously. I was trying to sell that to my MD but he was not buying it. Anyways, I have been taking 2 x 150 SR daily and I feel more energized, level headed, with less binge eating. No luck on Celexa, Paxil and Effexor.."

DaddyO/3boyz August 12, 2016

For Depression "After 6 days on this pill my family noticed a calmer me. I haven't experience any anxiety episodes but I have noticed I'm a bit foggy and forgetful. I'm sure it's going to take a while before my body gets used to the medication. For the most part I feel like it's doing a positive impact in my life. Also having a harder time to fall asleep hopefully that changes soon."

Marie R. July 31, 2016

For Depression "I took bupropion for about two weeks and I didnt like the side effects. I cant sleep and with kids its a big no!. Its been about 2 weeks since I stopped and I wish I didnt. I get anxiety attacks I want to cry!! And dizziness. I will visit my dr soon."

Anonymous July 23, 2016

For Depression "Back in Feb I had first started not sleeping well and by the end of that month major depression was in full effect. I tried numerous atypical antidepressants only getting major side effects. I was not inclined to use an SSRI since side effects seem to outweigh some of the positives they offer. Reluctant to give up on medication all together I was still not sleeping major battle with anxiety and insomnia. I decided to try Wellbutrin 150mg XL. Let me clearly explain the first 2 weeks were rough. No sleep think I slept 3 days or so. After the 3rd week I started to see more positive motivation and energy to get through the day. The energy is balanced now and the depressed thoughts and anxiety are in control. I'm just going to week 4... Onward"

Lostinamaze July 15, 2016

For Depression "Well after trying Paxil (worked really well but bad sexual side effects) for a couple years, then celexa worked but not as well as Paxil still sexual side effects recently on Prozac worked for depression however sexual side effects made me just not want to even bother. Got a script for Wellbutrin Xl 150mg brand name as I asked for non generic out of pocket cost 11.27 with insurance. Will report back and see how I do. Day one tomorrow. I put a rating of 5 just because of the unknown. Will rate when in full swing."

Macphisto July 12, 2016

For Depression "Over years have tried several antidepressants.....in my younger years Prozac, zoloft, Paxil, horrible side effects! Now that I am in my fifties I have been dealing with depression? Menopausal related,stress ,life.....tried natural Sam e and some others with no results but only side effects....Finally started Wellbutin and finally feeling black cloud lifting with No weird side effects....Hopefully continue and feel like my old self again:)"

Alicefay (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2016

For Depression "After the failure of 2 bupropion generics & the discontinued manufacturing of the one generic I *could* tolerate, I finally got on the one form of the name-brand Wellbutrin my insurance would cover. It made all the difference in the world. I feel better. My severe mood swings decreased as well as my angry outbursts. I don't mind the 3 pills a day (my generics had been SR); I actually prefer it as it seems the nighttime dose makes it easier to get up in the morning. I am dealing with some constipation, but I have MS and that is a side effect of many of my medications as well as my condition. I was happy and starting to get back on my feet again. BUT....Now they aren't going to make it any more. I have confirmation from GSK. So now what?"

MS Chick (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 7, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "Taking Wellbutrin 300XL for a while now. Previously used a SSRI which had little to no effect in that I would contemplate suicide nearly daily and had zero interest in life in general. Now I actually want to do things again, I am enjoying life and I have more energy. I can't say enough how well this drug has worked for me. Only side effect I've experienced is decreased appetite and I've lost a few pounds, which for me is a good thing."

Anonymous July 6, 2016

For Depression "I've been on Wellbutrin for about four weeks to ease my social anxiety issues. I have never taken anti-depressants before so I had no idea what to expect. I'm glad the first week is over because it was very euphoric, which I did not enjoy. I had to take a nap around 4:00 p.m. the first day. The second week was not euphoric at all and I feel back to my old self again. Gratitude all around."

HoloceneSoldier (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been on Wellbutrin 75mg x 2 a day for a week. I have CFS and MDD, SAD, as well as mild OSA. My sleep doctor suggested Wellbutrin because of its stimulating effects after I asked about Provigil or Nuvigil for my extreme fatigue and depression. The first four days I felt like I drank 20 cups of coffee. Jittery, gnashing my teeth, tensed up muscles, hard time sleeping, while still depressed. Not a good combination. After four days the stimulant effect suddenly went away and was replaced by the worst sleepiness I've ever felt. An hour after taking the pills I practically fall asleep. Drowsy and sleepy all day to the point of not being able to function at my job. Not sure if I can continue Wellbutrin for much longer."

Iwantanewdrug (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2016

For Depression "I was given this medication at a low dose because I am in end stage copd. I have been experiencing auditory hallucinations and also very strange dreams and was not told about this by my doctor or pharmacist. I looked at the information given to me by the pharmacist and these adverse reactions were buried in little print at the very bottom. I feel that these side effects should be known right away. I thought I was losing my mind. I am going to stop taking this drug and if anyone asks me about it I will tell them to be very careful."

Legacy albatross (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 1, 2016

For Depression "I'm in my mid 30's and took wellburtrin for the last 6 weeks for depression & ADD. I was shaky since the beginning (although not as bad as I was in the beginning), the entire time I'd feel my legs would give out. I was always sleepy & lazy with a why bother attitude for everything. My mind would still wander but it would be blank. I started forgetting things I've always known like my zip code. It started affecting me at work. I called my doctor who said my symptoms weren't from the wellbutrin but the other meds I'm on. I stopped taking the wellbutrin yesterday, I already have more energy, I'm noticeably less shaky (my boss noticed), I'm more focused. I feel better than I have in a long time. Don't take wellbutrin it'll just mess you up."

Theredhead (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2016

For Depression "Shortly after my 20th birthday, I developed what I later found out was major depression. After starting counseling, I reluctantly started taking Wellbutrin and within a few days was a noticeably different person than I had been the past 6 months. I began to act like my old self again, gaining confidence, and for the most part being free from all of my depression episodes that had occurred daily. The biggest side effects that I experienced were weight loss/loss of appetite and trouble falling asleep at night, but after about two weeks those both went away. I've now been taking 300mg daily for about six weeks and feel great! I'd encourage you to give this medication a try, because it can potentially really change your life."

eliza1995 June 3, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was at age 50 severely depressed about my future because I had screwed my life up so bad. I was so full of fear and anxiety as well. I started addressing things in my life one at a time, and one of those things was finding a good psychologist. I chose to get on Wellbutrin, 300 day and like others felt it working by day two. Within three months it settled in and completely changed my life. I'm happy to wake up, I enjoy work, I take care of myself, people respond to me better. In not worried about the future. I like me again. It's been a miracle drug for me - all positive, no negative."

Namaste100 May 20, 2016

For Depression "Depression/anxiety. Tried various SSRIs, which gave me terrible night sweats and edginess. Wellbutrin gave me back my appetite for life. I wanted/was motivated to get uo, get out and do things rather than sit around. Also, because you can't/shouldn't drink while taking it, I secondarily lost weight and felt healthier - mentally and physically. Can't think of any negative side effects - takes a week or two to adjust/calibrate when starting."

SDH1974 May 14, 2016

For Depression "I got prescribed this because I was having major anxiety and felt like I was going to pass out. This is barely my second day on it and I don't know how I feel about this drug yet I feel a tad weird and feel off and feels like it helps with my anxiety kind of for a while but then I'll get major anxiety again. What should I do? What drug works best for anxiety/panic disorders. It sucks."

RogerLuk May 2, 2016

For Depression "Probably saved my life. This is the first antidepressant I tried as I was scared of some of the nasty side effects of the SSRIs (sexual, weight gain, tiredness). I was on Wellbutrin XL 150 mg for 1-2 months and then have been on 300mg XL for 3 months now. Getting on it was a little strange, as I had some side effects of anxiety at first, but actually have not had a panic attack since starting. Just know that it doesn't really help with anxiety/ocd symptoms (but I've been going to therapy for that). Really made me motivated to get work done (never been the case for me) without that craziness feeling from Adderall. Very consistently good mood and makes me want to be alive. Also increased sex drive + motivation for exercise is a plus."

hsoj1324 April 24, 2016

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I have been on 150XL and feel horrible. Its almost like I'm tripping on LSD. Foggy head, angry, cranky and very irritable. Heart palpitations and it makes me very lethargic. Dr recommended taking it at night and its a tiny bit better. I want to stick with it to see if it gets me to a better emotional state but don't know if I can last. How long before I start feeling better?"

scary lady (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have suffered depression and PTSD for a long time. I ate ativan like tictacs and tried many other anti-depressants (prozac, escitlaopram, etc. all of which had very negative effects on me and which I discontinued after trial periods). Last year was a significant year for me with huge outside stressors adding pressure. Long story short, doc put me on wellbutrin. I didn't notice anything at first, but I noticed after a couple weeks the black dog was going away and then I gradually became emotionally flatter and could go weeks without crying. Great stuff. I will be on it for life. Con: As another poster stated; bad and scary quick rebound depression when you quit (ran out and was away so could not renew scrip)."

AliveBecause (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 12, 2016

For Depression "I have been on Wellbutrin 150mg for 3 days now, doc said to up the dose to 300 mg after my first week, it has been hell to say the least. I have had terrible migraines, a very 'slumpled/sluggish' feeling, and I can't sleep!!! If anything, I feel worse! I just want this terrible phase to be over! *one thing positive I will add is that it has helped me with my weight tremendously - I have lost 10 pounds in 10 days. Loosing about a pound a day on this medication."

Jay Marie (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2016

For Depression "I have had depression for over two years and have tried three other antidepressants with little to no success before using Wellbutrin. I have taken Wellbutrin for several months and it is the only antidepressant I've used that has given me no side effects and a signficantly improved mood. I still don't feel as driven and passionate about things as I once was, but at least I have some of my motivation and energy back, which is an improvement from none whatsoever. It's no cure, but I have gradually been feeling so much more emotionally stable since starting this medication."

Star658 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2016