User Reviews for Wellbutrin (Page 3)

Learn more about Wellbutrin.

Major Depressive Disorder 30 reviews 46 medications

7.6
Depression 284 reviews 79 medications

7.5
Summary of Wellbutrin reviews 314 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Wellbutrin

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been on Bupropion 150 SR once a day for 8 days. So far I'm only feeling side effects; dry mouth, sweating, jaw clenching. It has not lifted my depression or energized me. Celexa and Zoloft used to work for me but then slowly stopped working. I'll try to stick it out for a few more days. I was really hoping that this med would work for me. I feel that I may be drug-resistant to A/Ds. I also take 1 mg Klonopin to sleep and to lower anxiety."

wannabbetter (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2015

For Depression "I have not noticed an effect on my emotions I experience them like normal but they're less intense and not as long lasting. My appetite is not as much as before. The biggest difference for me is that when I wake up I'm not exhausted. I am finally waking up with energy! I am so thankful for that. My dreams are incredible now and very vivid. I still wake up in the middle of the night sometimes from a noise, but even if that happens I still feel well rested in the morning. My sex drive has increased a lot but it had been a year of feeling complete apathy towards sex so maybe I'm just back to normal but not used to it. I feel good and this actually has decreased my anxiety! Wish I would have found this years ago."

It'sokaytoaskforhelp November 27, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I started taking Wellbutrin for my depression, and it was the first medication that I have tried. The first week and a half or so was uneventful and I barely felt any change. After that, things went downhill. I began having major mood swings - I would go from being happy and energetic one minute to so depressed I would break down crying and couldn't even motivate myself to do anything to being angry and agitated for no apparent reason. I also began to "space out" at random times, myself or my friends and family would catch me staring at the floor for minutes at a time. I also had a sort of out of body experience where I lost my sense of self and felt depersonalized for about 15 seconds. I ended up stopping the drug after just under a month."

MrCage (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I started taking wellbutrin 300 (150x2) Benefit; speed biting nails. Calm mind no racing thoughts. Well rested. Pain managed MUCH better. Great focus vs lots of racing thoughts and too much happening at once. Stabilized mood. Generally calmer Negative: felt like I was going to have a stroke (I've had a few before, unrelated). Hard to think, have full thought, twitchy, nausea, vomiting, headaches, irritated easily, out of body, always hard to swallow, vertigo, hard to swallow/speak, flushed warm feeling, didn't feel like myself though that could be because despite the negatives so many things were much better.going to try something else. Side effects were too much to justify and had a"bad feeling"from taking it. Great drug if minimal SE's"

Paindowner (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have bipolar disorder, anxiety, severe depression, PTSD and an eating disorder. I am a 25 year old female and I've been taking Wellbutrin for 3 days with Lexapro. I've tried them all, Lamictal, Abilify, I don't need to go on. My doctor put me on this after attempting suicide. I'm trying this before I go to my last option, hospitalization. I've read so many positive comments, and I feel a difference already. I have so much energy, but I'm still sleeping a lot. The migraines are horrible, but that's really nothing new with this type of medication. This will be the 7th trial of medications I've been on in a year. Not one has worked. I'm trying really hard and being very patient. I hope for a happy ending like most of you."

Suuuuure November 13, 2015

For Depression "I'm a 24 yr old male. I started taking wellbutrin a week ago I did 150mg for 3 days, then 2x's a day now. I noticed a change by the 3rd day. My Co workers said I was more energetic and a nicer person. I'm on day 7 now and I am thinking more clearly than I have in a long time. I don't get frustrated so easy, I can fall asleep a lot faster because I'm not worrying all the time, and I get up in the morning with ease. I really like this anti depressant. 1st one that has actually worked for me."

Kufan101 (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2015

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "After suffering with years of moderate depression I finally decided to do something about it. I have been on Wellbutrin for 6 days now. I started on 150mg SR for the first 3 days and now on 150mg SR twice a day. I kid you not, after day 3 I felt like a different person. It was the first time in years that my first thought when I woke up wasn`t ``I wish I was dead``.. I was drinking quite a bit before taking Wellbutrin and have not had a drop since starting it, nor do I have any desire. I am hoping that the stop smoking aspect kicks in soon, hasn`t yet! My only complaint are the vivid dreams. Night terrors actually. they wake me up, but I am able to fall asleep again after. small price to pay!"

LAL73 November 5, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Took for three days. Immediately developed a craving for cigarettes. The next day I started to feel out of sorts and a stabbing pain in my heart. Stopped immediately but the other drugs I took after that made me even worse. Not recommended at all."

suicidejean (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2015

For Depression "Just starting day 3 tomorrow.Seem to feel better already, but very cautious. Have anxiety tho and take Ativan .5 mg, 3 times a day that helps. With all the good rerviews, I am very hopeful. Wish me luck."

bjdud (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2015

For Depression "I'm in my early 40s and have noticed the last couple of years I've become very aggitated over nothing! Always yelling at my teenager and I could literally feel my blood pressure raising over the smallest things. Also this last year for some reason I became depressed. I didn't ever want to get out if bed or leave the house to do anything. I've always had a bad opinion about antidepressants but I knew SOMETHING had to change. I reached out to my doctor who gave me 100 mg of generic Wellbutrin and the very first day I noticed I was calmer! I fell asleep 2 hours later but woke up refreshed I just finished day 3 and I swear I feel fantastic! Not only have I not yelled even once, I don't feel angry at all! And I want to do stuff again. Very happy"

Sammygirl73 (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2015

106 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "It worked well for my depression. I noticed an improvement in mood after a week. It gave me energy. I took 150 mg of the sustained release formula every morning for about one month. I stopped just after I picked up my next month's prescription which I still have. I stopped because I thought it was inducing mania in me and causing anxiety. I'm now not so sure this was the cause. I also quit smoking about two days after I started on this medication and had absolutely no side effects from nicotine withdrawal. This medication gave me some side effects for the first two weeks. Lack of appetite, bloating, dizziness (especially when smoking cigarettes, this is what prompted me to quit). I also experienced tingling in my hands."

Travis1994 October 25, 2015

For Depression "I have tried many things in the past. Usually something will work for a while, then I increase, then I either stop without MD approval bc I think it doesn't help anyway or I switch. I have been on zoloft 100-150mg daily over last 2 years. Depression has turned into anxiety and borderline depressive psychosis. I was told to cut my zoloft to 50mg and start Wellbutrin 75mg daily. This is the first week. So far I have more energy, decreased appetite, less irritability and have been speaking to people again- esp without yelling. I feel like I want to do things again. But I am still having brief moments of anxiety- still new med. I do have dizziness at times and my heart pounds like I am dehydrated when I stand sometimes."

depresto (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2015

For Depression "I was taking bupropion 150xl for two months...in the beginning I had energy and felt great. Then the effect started wearing off.....ordered the name brand Welbutrin and started the first dose and felt fantastic. My advice is to avoid the generic and purchase the name brand....huge difference."

Rick434 October 17, 2015

For Depression "this medicine along with prozac really helps depression"

butterflygirl82 October 15, 2015

For Depression "Doc put me on Wellbutrin two years ago, while in an oxy detox program. I also suffer from depression and general mood swings, and chronic lower back pain (thus the oxy history). I take 150 xl once a day, before going to bed. I never had any side affects, I consider myself lucky to have found something that really works for me.... it helps me keep stable, focused and generally in a good mood. A few months ago while on vacation I lost it and went three days without. No adverse effects other then less energy and when I told my doc, he said I might as well go without then. I just took my first pill again last night. Going without really started to show... Lack of energy, wow!! Depression, etc. First morning back on, and I feel much better!"

candlelight (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 15, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Great Medication - feeling back to my old self.This is a new beginning for me and I'm very excited about the transition."

Destry (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2015

For Depression "I'm on day three. 150mg. Today I experienced anxiety about two hours after taking it. It lasted 25 minutes and I went for a walk. After the walk I felt better. I have never taken anything before but I'm 46 and for the,last year I've changed. Maybe age but I've lost my patience and have a sugar addiction. Haven't been sleeping. Now three days in. Slept well last three nights...less desire for sugar. Less angry and able to recover aggressive behavior. Anyway, I'm hoping to slim down and be the,laid back person I've always been before menopause started."

Lee46 October 4, 2015

For Depression "Well I started at a 100mg dose and within 3 days it kicked in. I felt great...laughing again. ..cleaning the house again...friendly and chatty. No anxiety either. It was a lifesaver for me."

Sherry lachance (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2015

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "It is hard to judge this drug with others since it is the only drug I have used. Having said that, it works. My focus is better while I do not experience the same racing heart beats when stressed, and I rush less. Best of all, I finally quit smoking and this drug helps immensely with that. I do not experience side effects, it helped to stablize my weight and enhanced sexual feelings. My doctor reassured me that it is safe and I can continue to take it. Most anti depressents are seratonin uptakes but this is a dopamine uptake. My theory is we lose dopamine with age."

Anonymous September 26, 2015

For Depression "I've been on wellbutrin for about a week now, though I feel better I don't sleep much I wake up every night right around 4 am and it's usually due to very vivid dreams. I am going to give it a 30 day try and see, I need my sleep. I still cry over small stuff and I started on 300mg."

Jane> September 25, 2015

For Depression "I was suffering from depression, anxiety and bad insomnia . I've tried so many meds from zoloft ( horrible drug) celexa and seraqual. So finally I went to my pcp and he prescribed Wellbutrin 150mg FIRST DAY anxiety was bad so I had to take seraqual to calm down also my hand swelled up. SECOND DAY anxiety was still high and I felt a little spaced out so I decided to call my doctor and he put me on 75 mg. THIRD DAY no symptoms. I'm now on FIFTH DAY no side effects I'm telling you this drug really helps. It's worth a shot to try and if it doesn't work switch medication. Don't be discouraged by other posts. Some peoples body just respond different. Iit didn't believe anything would ever help I've been putting myself through hell for a year. Glad I took it"

Alakanashia September 11, 2015

For Depression "This has worked wonders for me. I have been on it for just two weeks and it's amazing how different I felt by day 2. I was suffering with severe depression after a miscarriage and subsequent breakup and I couldn't dig myself out of a hole. I was dealing with that plus anxiety. I did experience an increase in my anxiety when the daily 150mg of Wellbutrin started to kick in so I started taking half of a .5mg of Xanax for a few days and now that feeling is gone. I still get sad but I haven't cried since I started the medication and being in a better mood is very motivating and makes me feel really good."

Barkersgirl (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2015

For Depression "I been on this medication for about a month it real does help. I take 100 mg in the morning and 100 mg at night. Where I work sometime you sweat but I've noticed that the sweating has increase a lot. That is the only problem I have."

Wessica225 September 3, 2015

For Depression "This medication gave me my life back. I could actually get out of my room and do life like a normal person but with a lot more energy than most people. This is definitely not for people with anxiety which is why I take it with buspar but my focus was extremely sharp, and I was able to just nail through daily tasks like a pro and feel really good about it!"

Leandre3452 September 1, 2015

For Depression "I started Wellbutrin about 2 and a half weeks ago and my anxiety and depression are worse. I am crying all the time, super anxious and can't relax. Has anyone else had this problem? I take 30mg Prozac and taking 150-225 mg Wellbutrin. I am scared to continue"

Help1231 August 31, 2015