User Reviews for Wellbutrin (Page 2)

Learn more about Wellbutrin.

Depression 291 reviews 80 medications

7.5
Major Depressive Disorder 32 reviews 46 medications

7.4
Summary of Wellbutrin reviews 323 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Wellbutrin

For Depression "I'm in my mid 30's and took wellburtrin for the last 6 weeks for depression & ADD. I was shaky since the beginning (although not as bad as I was in the beginning), the entire time I'd feel my legs would give out. I was always sleepy & lazy with a why bother attitude for everything. My mind would still wander but it would be blank. I started forgetting things I've always known like my zip code. It started affecting me at work. I called my doctor who said my symptoms weren't from the wellbutrin but the other meds I'm on. I stopped taking the wellbutrin yesterday, I already have more energy, I'm noticeably less shaky (my boss noticed), I'm more focused. I feel better than I have in a long time. Don't take wellbutrin it'll just mess you up."

Theredhead (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2016

For Depression "Shortly after my 20th birthday, I developed what I later found out was major depression. After starting counseling, I reluctantly started taking Wellbutrin and within a few days was a noticeably different person than I had been the past 6 months. I began to act like my old self again, gaining confidence, and for the most part being free from all of my depression episodes that had occurred daily. The biggest side effects that I experienced were weight loss/loss of appetite and trouble falling asleep at night, but after about two weeks those both went away. I've now been taking 300mg daily for about six weeks and feel great! I'd encourage you to give this medication a try, because it can potentially really change your life."

eliza1995 June 3, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was at age 50 severely depressed about my future because I had screwed my life up so bad. I was so full of fear and anxiety as well. I started addressing things in my life one at a time, and one of those things was finding a good psychologist. I chose to get on Wellbutrin, 300 day and like others felt it working by day two. Within three months it settled in and completely changed my life. I'm happy to wake up, I enjoy work, I take care of myself, people respond to me better. In not worried about the future. I like me again. It's been a miracle drug for me - all positive, no negative."

Namaste100 May 20, 2016

For Depression "Depression/anxiety. Tried various SSRIs, which gave me terrible night sweats and edginess. Wellbutrin gave me back my appetite for life. I wanted/was motivated to get uo, get out and do things rather than sit around. Also, because you can't/shouldn't drink while taking it, I secondarily lost weight and felt healthier - mentally and physically. Can't think of any negative side effects - takes a week or two to adjust/calibrate when starting."

SDH1974 May 14, 2016

For Depression "I got prescribed this because I was having major anxiety and felt like I was going to pass out. This is barely my second day on it and I don't know how I feel about this drug yet I feel a tad weird and feel off and feels like it helps with my anxiety kind of for a while but then I'll get major anxiety again. What should I do? What drug works best for anxiety/panic disorders. It sucks."

RogerLuk May 2, 2016

For Depression "Probably saved my life. This is the first antidepressant I tried as I was scared of some of the nasty side effects of the SSRIs (sexual, weight gain, tiredness). I was on Wellbutrin XL 150 mg for 1-2 months and then have been on 300mg XL for 3 months now. Getting on it was a little strange, as I had some side effects of anxiety at first, but actually have not had a panic attack since starting. Just know that it doesn't really help with anxiety/ocd symptoms (but I've been going to therapy for that). Really made me motivated to get work done (never been the case for me) without that craziness feeling from Adderall. Very consistently good mood and makes me want to be alive. Also increased sex drive + motivation for exercise is a plus."

hsoj1324 April 24, 2016

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I have been on 150XL and feel horrible. Its almost like I'm tripping on LSD. Foggy head, angry, cranky and very irritable. Heart palpitations and it makes me very lethargic. Dr recommended taking it at night and its a tiny bit better. I want to stick with it to see if it gets me to a better emotional state but don't know if I can last. How long before I start feeling better?"

scary lady (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have suffered depression and PTSD for a long time. I ate ativan like tictacs and tried many other anti-depressants (prozac, escitlaopram, etc. all of which had very negative effects on me and which I discontinued after trial periods). Last year was a significant year for me with huge outside stressors adding pressure. Long story short, doc put me on wellbutrin. I didn't notice anything at first, but I noticed after a couple weeks the black dog was going away and then I gradually became emotionally flatter and could go weeks without crying. Great stuff. I will be on it for life. Con: As another poster stated; bad and scary quick rebound depression when you quit (ran out and was away so could not renew scrip)."

AliveBecause (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 12, 2016

For Depression "I have been on Wellbutrin 150mg for 3 days now, doc said to up the dose to 300 mg after my first week, it has been hell to say the least. I have had terrible migraines, a very 'slumpled/sluggish' feeling, and I can't sleep!!! If anything, I feel worse! I just want this terrible phase to be over! *one thing positive I will add is that it has helped me with my weight tremendously - I have lost 10 pounds in 10 days. Loosing about a pound a day on this medication."

Jay Marie (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2016

For Depression "I have had depression for over two years and have tried three other antidepressants with little to no success before using Wellbutrin. I have taken Wellbutrin for several months and it is the only antidepressant I've used that has given me no side effects and a signficantly improved mood. I still don't feel as driven and passionate about things as I once was, but at least I have some of my motivation and energy back, which is an improvement from none whatsoever. It's no cure, but I have gradually been feeling so much more emotionally stable since starting this medication."

Star658 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2016

For Depression "I have had episodes of depression throughout my life. I have been on ssri meds off and on. They never seemed to help and side effects were horrible, Tired lack of energy sexual side effects increased anxiety. After my son was born I experienced the worst depression anxiety. After over 3yrs. I finally went to seek help and refused to take ssri meds. They first put me on buspar for anxiety which is a great alternative to other addictive meds. Then they added 150 mg. Welbutrin once in the morning. The first day I felt like I actually woke up for the first time in 3 years, had energy but after a week felt like it wore off too quick. I am being upped to 300my xl and hoping I'll get better results. Still best med I've ever tried!"

JanetLM April 9, 2016

For Depression "I have struggled with depression and anxiety for some time, now. I was initially worried that the stimulating effects would exacerbate my anxiety, and it did--but only temporarily. Wellbutrin XL 300mg has been the ONLY antidepressant that has worked. I take it in combination with Effexor XR 75mg. I was taken off Wellbutrin in an attempt to switch to Effexor only, but it became quickly apparent that Wellbutrin controlled most of the depressive symptoms. I stopped it for 2 months--both of which were awful. Within a week of resuming Wellbutrin, my depression began to lift. I still have bad days, of course, but the effects of Wellbutrin make me more energized and ready to take on the world."

anonymous1245 April 7, 2016

For Depression "My daughter suffered from depression and anxiety and had tried SSRIs. We thought this might help give her more energy and feel better since it affects dopamine. However, over the summer her anxiety got worse. At college her anxiety got even worse. She became paranoid and even started hearing voices. She ate very little and slept very little. She stopped going to classes and had suicidal thoughts. She called me and said she felt constantly "jittery," so I told her to get off the drug. Basically, it increased her energy and made her mood much worse. I don't recommend this for someone who suffers from anxiety since it affects norepinephrine - the fight or flight response."

Feeling Tired (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2016

For Depression "I started on wellbutrin about 8 months ago for clinical depression, and while it hasn't been a miracle cure, things could deffinitly be worse. It really has been a gentler medication in terms of side effects. The only medication I tried before this was lexapro, and geez was that rough (sexual side effects, extreme lethargy, brain fog, memory loss, weight gain etc). I switched to wellbutrin as an alternative, and experienced mellow side effects while adjusting (lethargy, drowsiness) which only lasted for about 3 weeks. Cons: Significant rebound depression if I miss a dose, insomnia if taken at night (it's a stimulant), occasional bouts of depression (it hasn't been a complete fix). Sometimes I'll get really bad brain fog if I mistime dose."

hmmmcan'tthinkofagoodnickname March 30, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I really did not intend to review wellbutrin...just curious what other people said...but so much "neg" I felt I had to speak. I've been on it for 29 YEARS! I had been seriously depressed for a few months..my therapist was a moron for waiting three months to send me to a Psych! I was told it would take at least 2 weeks to be really effective...for me it was day 17. I woke up and when I first looked in the mirror(gut check time) I didn't say to myself "wow I feel better" I said "omg is this what normal people feel like when they wake up in the morning?" For all practical purposes that was like my actual birthday...the day I became a fully functioning human. I'm lucky, it works and it keeps working."

Davidagain March 27, 2016

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I have been on this medication for about 2 weeks now. I had some bad side-effects to the point where I had to stop taking this medication. I rate it a five because I feel like it had the potential to be a good medication - regardless of the side-effects I experienced."

Nvoug (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2016

For Depression "I was diagnosed with B.E.D, P.T.S.D, and Depression. My doctor put me on this medication about a week ago and I feel so much better! I have tried a lot of other anti-depressants and none of them have ever worked for me. They would make me sleep more (and usually I sleep like 14-16 hours a day anyway) and just feel emotionally numb. I am currently sleeping 8 hours a night and waking up feeling energized. It has also helped with the B.E.D. Yesterday was my first day not having the issues I usually have with food. I seen some comments that say the person felt good for a while and then in wore off. I am currently on 150MG and on Monday I will increase to 300MG. I will comment again when I have been on it for a few months :)"

Isuelde March 12, 2016

For Depression "I have been diagnosed with GAD, SAD, and depression. Before Wellbutrin I had only tried SSRI's like cymbalta and lexapro; they were TERRIBLE. I have gone untreated before trying those meds and they did nothing for my depression, just made me feel emotionally numb. The first 3 months on wellbutrin were terrible too, huge panic attacks all the time and my anxiety worsened. Now, this is my 6th month and I can proudly say that it is working!!! Compared to my pre-medicated self, I have more energy and am actually able to follow through with activities I wouldn't have thought of doing before. Most importantly, I'm finally not depressed!!! It took away that really tough barrier depression had on me that prevented me from enjoying my life."

Alittlenutty (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 2, 2016

For Depression "Did not help me. Made me feel extremely tired to the point I was falling asleep while driving and during class (which wasn't like me, because I'm also on Vyvanse (A stimulant)) Went off it quickly."

marbelt (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2016

For Depression "At first it seemed to help a lot. My depression lightened up, I felt motivated to do daily things. Cook clean and hobbies I like. But then I felt suicidal thoughts ran rampant and it was scary. I knew that u had to stop taking this medication so I did."

Elephantasis (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2016

For Depression "It helped me feel better, lose a bit of weight and stop smoking much better for me than SSRIs"

ceve1 (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2016

For Depression "I started yesterday was lil nervous but took my first pill at 3 pm about 1 hr. Later I was soooo tired I past out woke up at 5pm. My husband just got home from work usually dinner is ready he understands what I'm dealing with so he said rest omg I fell asleep till 7pm had the strangest dream & I decided to take it tonight trying to get a feel for best time to take it, right now I feel like I'm walking threw strobe light tunnel almost feel like I don't know what the hell in doing, not hungry at all just feel zombie out but this is new to me"

Nikki-ram79 (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2016

For Depression "I asked my doctor if we could try something different as I was on Effexor and the sexual side effects were kind of rough on a newlywed. He prescribed Wellbutrin. Not only did I rapidly taper off Effexor, but the Wellbutrin send me into a manic state where all I did was clean, yell, and cry. I had panic attacks all the time. Wellbutrin will definitely not help with anxiety."

Bmal February 15, 2016

For Depression "Any benefit that this drug may have offered me for depression was overshadowed by the side effects, particularly intractable insomnia. I became more depressed from the lack of quality or regular sleep. Discontinued it after 10 weeks and still not sleeping normally one week later. Wish I had never touched Wellbutrin."

Tex1289 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2016

For Depression "My main depression symptoms were fatigue, lethargy and memory problems among others. And wellbutrin was a life changer for me. It really helps me. I also experienced some side effects. First were mild, short headaches. I learned that sufficient hydration solves these. Next was severe insomnia. When taking only Wellbutrin, I can get 5 to max 6 h of sleep per night. I have tried some calming supplement and they helped. Last side effect is systemic joint discomfort and pain. I'm trying to help this with turmeric now. I also had a negative experience with Wellbutrin interaction to Passion flower (Passiflora Incarnata). I was trying to help my insomnia with passion flower extract and became depressive again as I was before the Wellbutrin."

Rob69ert (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 27, 2016