User Reviews for Wellbutrin (Page 2)

Learn more about Wellbutrin.

Depression 332 reviews 79 medications

7.4
Major Depressive Disorder 46 reviews 46 medications

7.3
Summary of Wellbutrin reviews 378 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Wellbutrin

For Depression "This medication really blows. It is like I'm not even on anything. If anything it makes me or irritated/jumpy. I am taking 150mg 2x a day. I switched to this from Celexa, because Celexa was making me extremely forgetful, but other than that Celexa was actually working. I have anxiety and depression and this stuff does absolutely nothing. I'm going to my doctor Monday to switch to something else."

AmberLynnxX (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I had experienced a very traumatic event and was prescribed this medication wellbutrin at 150mg for three day then 300mg everyday but at separate times. Within a week I could feel a strange feeling like I couldn't stop thinking about just what I was seeing and how miserable I felt. A few days later I hit the lowest point in life. Soon afterward I was experiencing some suicidal thoughts. Had to take a benzo to relax and it went away. Never taking that again. I was on it only 2 weeks."

Wellbutrin user January 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Tabitha57.... What brand of 150 SR did you take... Mylan, sandoz or Brand name Wellbutrin?"

Rinmoe (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I am a 57 year old breast cancer survivor who has been in excellent shape, trim and happily married. After menopause, I developed insomnia, weight gain and depression. Can no longer take estrogen due to breast cancer, which made me feel tired all the time. Thyroid medicine helped but not enough--No energy and lost interest in doing things. My doctor insisted I try SSRIs such as Lexapro and Zoloft, but had bad side effects. I tried many supplements--not much help. I tried Bupropion HCL SR 150 mg. It worked right away. I take early morning and have energy all day. I did not have side effects (lost 2 pounds! and insomnia if taken after 10 am). Changed my life! Been on it 4 months."

Tabitha 57 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Started taking it and I slept well at night and awoke early around 5 to start my day happily. But come 8 am and I am drowsy and needed to take already two hrs nap. Awake and resume My day with not much difficulties. Than st 2 pm again I needed a nap? So how was I gonna make it to work and my appointments too ? I went cold turkey. Felt much better after that. Only to crash again. I did try other anti depressants including pristique. But I suffered with insomnia with these meds. I know I need to start again but so confused if I should resume welbutrin"

Neemi (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I've been depressed for quite some years now on and off. I've had my highs and my lows .I decided to talk to my doctor to try out anti depressants even though I was so scared and skeptical .My doctor prescribed me with setraline 50 mg I noticed my energy level increased to a certain extent but after a couple months I noticed no change at all I was just at a 5 out of 10 not going up or down so I decided to change my meds. He then prescribed me bupropion xl 150 mg. The first 3 days were amazing I had an incredible amount of energy . I felt the most normal I hadin a whole year . Soon after , the 6th day came and i felt horrible. Vomiting , headaches, confusion.. & night sweats.. etc"

Sammydee January 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Started Wellbutrin XL at 150 mg once a day to treat depression and anxiety, although was more concerned about depression. The first week I was on it I was absolutely miserable. I did not sleep or eat at all and was crying constantly and I think it definitely worsened my depression. However, I called my doctor and had my dose lowered to 75 mg and not extended release and I immediately felt better. I have been on that dosage for about 6 months now and I feel amazing. I am able to control my emotions so much better and I rarely have meltdowns ( I used to have a complete meltdown anytime anything negative happened to me). I definitely plan on staying on wellbutrin. Would just recommend you make sure you are on the right dose"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I've been taking Bupropion 1 pill 150mg once a day for anxiety and depression for a month and it hasn't really been working. I feel the same way. The first day I felt that it limited my brain somehow, but that was all. And I find myself not being able to sleep at all at night ever since I started taking it. I've been sleeping 2-3 hours. Maybe I should take a higher dose or change medication."

Angel8888 January 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Now on day 3 of 150mg Wellbutrin. I feel jittery, out of it, like my brain is cement and won't move when I turn my head, I can hardly concentrate for a conversation, I drop things, I have trouble thinking straight. I drove my car the first day but should not have. I will continue hoping that these horrible side effects go away"

Tantantro December 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Started on this med low and slow as I am sensitive to medicine. Had to increase up and no relief. Increased 3 times and still no relief. Did not do much for me but give it a chance. I took it for over six months. Many others report excellent results with it"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I started taking Wellbutrin (150mg) during an extreme depressive episode. It helped even me out a lot, though it didn't address all of my symptoms. I increased the dose to 300mg but had to drop back down because I was having trouble sleeping. This is the only side effect I've experienced while on this medication. I've been on it for a year and a half now and overall it has helped a lot. I'm still depressed but I'm no where near as bad as before taking Wellbutrin. I'm looking into adding an SSRI or something as an adjunct therapy to try to make things even better."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been prescribed several anti-depressants throughout the years, many being SSRI's and they've had little to no effect, or even the opposite effect but this medication works so well I can't even believe it. I'm so happy I was prescribed this medication for depression. I have been on it for 3 years now and my life is changed dramatically. I suffer from major depressive disorder and SAD."

raven_is December 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I've been on Wellbutrin now for 7 months. Started off at 150 mg and in 4 weeks increased it to 300 mg because if I took the 150 mg in the morning ( 7am) by ( 5 pm) I crashed and started feeling hopeless and useless. Before taking Wellbutrin I must admit I was very depressed. Always looking for change and felt useless and hopeless about life, I went up and down from being angry some days then happy some days, then sad other days. (Emotional wreck) lol. I wasn't my sociable self. I would go to work, go to school, then go home. Friends would call to hang out and I would sadly decline. From my experience of being on Wellbutrin it has helped me a great deal. I feel normal now and more sociable. Just to add it also helps with my ADD. :)"

Loretta2016 December 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I went through a very rough patch and initially started on Lexapro, mostly for anxiety. It made me have no strong feelings, good or bad. I needed that for a while but got concerned about not caring about much of anything. That's when I weaned myself off of that. Not too long later I realized I still had issues that needed dealt with. My doctor suggested trying wellbutrin instead as it targets different chemicals in the brain. It has made a huge difference for me in dealing with persistent depression. For the first week or two I had night sweats and very vivid nightmares along with a loss of appetite. I've been on 150mg twice daily for about a year now and and makes me feel as close to normal as I've felt in a while."

Jennifuzzy (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I've taken it for a week now and all its caused was me and my gf to have big fights in public. I already had anger issues. Its worse now. I'll stick with it for another week or two, if it doesn't get better. I'm quitting this mess."

I've taken it for a week now (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I just started taking wellbutrin, before I was on Lexapro but became tolerant of it. So doctor prescribed Wellbutrin. The first time I took the medication I woke up thinking I was in another state. And now I live in florida...must a been a dream. Any way I'm not sure about wellbutrin and yes I know it takes time to tell if it's going to work. I just wish I was not so anxious and a scared feeling inside me. I don't like being alone but I dont have a GF, just friends that are to busy to stop by. But we are all around 57 58 59 and 60...so guess that figures....Has anyone had good results with welbutrin?"

robertestokley December 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "not sure yet"

StagnDoe December 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I got depression and anxiety after one summer of abusing ecstasy and acid. This was 2003. For quite a while I didn't Medicate as I was still in denial. After about 2 years of suffering I started taking lexapro. It didn't do much. I began to get severe headaches. After 2 years I switched to Zoloft. Kept waiting for things to get better but they just got worse. I began to put on weight. To feel better I was binge eating junk food. I became sickly bloated, And had terrible OCD. Eventually out of desperation I switched doctors 2 yrs ago and he prescribed Wellbutrin xl. Thank god. The fog began to clear up, I felt optimistic, less anxious, lost weight. Am almost 80% better. Living a normal life. Welbutrin saved my life."

Manav (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "This medicine has improved my depression dramatically. I feel calm, am able to focus and get things done, but not with the manic rush of another medicine I used to take. Hopefully will help me lose weight over time."

Mid30sgal (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "DO NOT MISS A DOSE IF YOU TAKE THIS MEDICATION! I literally forgot to take one pill this afternoon of my Wellbutrin and now I feel absolutely MISERABLE. I have been crying for the past four hours nonstop, feel so much grief and self hatred, and am having suicidal thoughts. I've never been this bad before and I attribute it to missing one pill. I'm really scared of how missing just one pill has so much of an effect on me."

Lauren23232323 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been taking this medication for about 2 weeks now.. I got prescribed it in the hospital after a fallout. I tried prozac while in high school and had no luck with it. Then was prescribed Zoloft a few months ago and obviously didn't work.. considering landing myself in the hospital. Now trying Wellbutrin. Even though I have just started it I'd say that I do see some positive effects in it. I have more motivation and trying to do better for myself. But, I do have some side effects including really bad headaches, ringing in ears, insomnia, dizziness at times with nausea. I also have noticed taking Excedrin to suppress the headaches doesn't help, but make my anxiety increase. Don't take a dose late either as that just increases mood swing"

Cmarie1 December 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I'm suffering friom depression and anxiety. It's been a week that I'm on welbutrin 150 xl , I feel a difference. I feel I'm more sociable and happier. More energy, lost my appetite and it seems I'm losing weight. Which is a good part of the drug."

Nb2003 November 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I tried for 2 yrs after a major life change to get my life back. All the snri's and ssri's gave me the worst side effects and I became more depressed dizzy migraines and suicidal. This wasnt me and every doctor wrote me off as being a bad patient. I was ready to throw in the towel and tried a low dose of wellbutrin and OMG. 2 months later I was completely myself and 6 mos later im medication free. Dont give up keep trying. I thought my life was over and was a difficult patient. Dont let message boards or doctors rule your life. If something isnt working dont stay on it!"

JIC (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Was started on Wellbutrin 150mg for one month. Made me sleep and eat less but did nothing for my depression so my doctor increased it to 300mg. Within 3 to 4 days of the increase, I was having panic attacks and couldn't stop crying. Depression kicked into overdrive immediately."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been on Wellbutrin for a year and a half. If you do not respond to SSRIs (like me) I would definitely recommend giving Wellbutrin/Bupropion a go. At the end of the fourth week on 150mg, just before I was about to tell my doctor it was another dud - I very suddenly felt clear and not like a slug human. I would say it's such a strong feeling that you will know if it works and the day it starts. I had a horrible time falling asleep, lost my appetite, but felt super ecstatic! Maybe it's because for the first time in 8 years (I am 26) I felt what it's like to not see doing the most simplest of tasks as a stressful chore. I could have cried! I've lost a bit over ten pounds since being on it. Currently I am on the highest dose which is 600"

Revere November 15, 2016