User Reviews for Wellbutrin (Page 2)

Learn more about Wellbutrin.

Depression 322 reviews 79 medications

7.4
Major Depressive Disorder 40 reviews 46 medications

7.4
Summary of Wellbutrin reviews 362 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Wellbutrin

For Depression "not sure yet"

StagnDoe December 8, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I got depression and anxiety after one summer of abusing ecstasy and acid. This was 2003. For quite a while I didn't Medicate as I was still in denial. After about 2 years of suffering I started taking lexapro. It didn't do much. I began to get severe headaches. After 2 years I switched to Zoloft. Kept waiting for things to get better but they just got worse. I began to put on weight. To feel better I was binge eating junk food. I became sickly bloated, And had terrible OCD. Eventually out of desperation I switched doctors 2 yrs ago and he prescribed Wellbutrin xl. Thank god. The fog began to clear up, I felt optimistic, less anxious, lost weight. Am almost 80% better. Living a normal life. Welbutrin saved my life."

Manav (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 8, 2016

50 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "This medicine has improved my depression dramatically. I feel calm, am able to focus and get things done, but not with the manic rush of another medicine I used to take. Hopefully will help me lose weight over time."

Mid30sgal (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "DO NOT MISS A DOSE IF YOU TAKE THIS MEDICATION! I literally forgot to take one pill this afternoon of my Wellbutrin and now I feel absolutely MISERABLE. I have been crying for the past four hours nonstop, feel so much grief and self hatred, and am having suicidal thoughts. I've never been this bad before and I attribute it to missing one pill. I'm really scared of how missing just one pill has so much of an effect on me."

Lauren23232323 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2016

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been taking this medication for about 2 weeks now.. I got prescribed it in the hospital after a fallout. I tried prozac while in high school and had no luck with it. Then was prescribed Zoloft a few months ago and obviously didn't work.. considering landing myself in the hospital. Now trying Wellbutrin. Even though I have just started it I'd say that I do see some positive effects in it. I have more motivation and trying to do better for myself. But, I do have some side effects including really bad headaches, ringing in ears, insomnia, dizziness at times with nausea. I also have noticed taking Excedrin to suppress the headaches doesn't help, but make my anxiety increase. Don't take a dose late either as that just increases mood swing"

Cmarie1 December 3, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I'm suffering friom depression and anxiety. It's been a week that I'm on welbutrin 150 xl , I feel a difference. I feel I'm more sociable and happier. More energy, lost my appetite and it seems I'm losing weight. Which is a good part of the drug."

Nb2003 November 20, 2016

51 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I tried for 2 yrs after a major life change to get my life back. All the snri's and ssri's gave me the worst side effects and I became more depressed dizzy migraines and suicidal. This wasnt me and every doctor wrote me off as being a bad patient. I was ready to throw in the towel and tried a low dose of wellbutrin and OMG. 2 months later I was completely myself and 6 mos later im medication free. Dont give up keep trying. I thought my life was over and was a difficult patient. Dont let message boards or doctors rule your life. If something isnt working dont stay on it!"

JIC (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 19, 2016

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "Was started on Wellbutrin 150mg for one month. Made me sleep and eat less but did nothing for my depression so my doctor increased it to 300mg. Within 3 to 4 days of the increase, I was having panic attacks and couldn't stop crying. Depression kicked into overdrive immediately."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been on Wellbutrin for a year and a half. If you do not respond to SSRIs (like me) I would definitely recommend giving Wellbutrin/Bupropion a go. At the end of the fourth week on 150mg, just before I was about to tell my doctor it was another dud - I very suddenly felt clear and not like a slug human. I would say it's such a strong feeling that you will know if it works and the day it starts. I had a horrible time falling asleep, lost my appetite, but felt super ecstatic! Maybe it's because for the first time in 8 years (I am 26) I felt what it's like to not see doing the most simplest of tasks as a stressful chore. I could have cried! I've lost a bit over ten pounds since being on it. Currently I am on the highest dose which is 600"

Revere November 15, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I started on Lexapro which worked at first for me, then a month later made me feel like a zombie because I was so drowsy so my doctor started me on 200mg of Wellbutrin a day. The first few days were fine and then after about a week the crazy suicidal thoughts started. Then came the mood swings and short fuze. After 2 weeks of this medication I couldnt stand anyone around me or even myself. I didnt want to be talked to or even looked at I felt depressed, life wasn't worth anything. So, my doctor changed me to Prozac 20mg and so far seems to be a good fit."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I think I've been suffering from seasonal disorder for most of my adult life. I live in Alaska, the sun comes and goes. It's been 2weeks on WB, and I'm not sure what to think. My anxiety and depression are next to nothing, but I feel like I'm missing something in my brain, if that makes sense. I'm pretty much just doing a routine everyday, but without anger. The wife likes the improvement in my mood, as do the kids. So I'll probably keep taking it to make them happy."

AKFather (taken for less than 1 month) November 8, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I am an 18 year old female. I started taking Wellbutrin about 7 months ago for depression/anxiety. Honestly, I haven't noticed much of a difference. I think it has helped me control my emotions a bit more though/feel more stable. I've just started my first year of college and I've had a rough time but I think the WB helps keep my meltdowns to a minimum (sort of). I was hoping to lose a bit of weight but I didn't really notice any loss of appetite. I've DEFINITELY noticed that if forget to take it for a day I feel absolutely miserable. Even if I take it a bit off schedule I feel sad for a day. Also, if I drink a bit too much, my hangover is AWFUL and I feel very sad the next day. Keep the drinking to a minimum or don't."

Liz1000 October 30, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "Age 48 and have struggled with depression for years. I have no other MH disorder and had no luck with antidepressants. Prozac increased suicidal ideation and with Zoloft I felt occasional "zapping" in my brain (I have no other way to describe it, but it's happened to others). Finally decided to try Wellbutrin 150 mg QD. I'm mad at myself for not trying it sooner! Now, depressive episodes are very infrequent and last less than 30 minutes. The low is very manageable, however at times when I should be sad, it's like I can't be. I also have tons of energy, when in the past I'd struggle to get out of bed. Unfortunately I haven't had any weight loss. The down side is that I am experiencing some insomnia, but I'd rather that than the alternative."

Monica B October 25, 2016

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "Most Antdepressant(AD) medications have been ineffective for me. My primary concern is anxiety with depression being also a concern. Wellbutrin in my experience has been one of the few which isn't aweful. It's honestly no miracle worker and I'm not sure AD's are the way to go. That said if your going to take an AD wellbutrin is well worth trying. I presently take 150mg but 300mg was most effective. Pros: Helpful on sexual side of things, weight-loss, helps a lot with feeling happier. Cons: Little or no effect on anxiety, slight weird feeling (I noted I should be sad yet I'm not. I guess that's it doing it's job.), can cause insomnia (be careful what time you take), not available on PBS (In Aus)."

Ash10105 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 25, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "Started post-break-up. Happy now, don't credit meds, but still take WB & never want to stop (unlike Clonaz. & Desipr.) bc other reasons to take. Lost weight, gained energy, desire to be social. Now only anxiety and IBS; the WB counters some sexual side effects of other meds. NOT a morning person, but 450 SR(12hr) right b4 sleep (RIGHT b4 or insomnia)=hop out of bed at alarm. If I take 450 in morning, easy to resist food. Wish I could have both, but splitting dosage or taking XL(24hr) doesn't work. 167lbs 6yrs ago @start, down to125. 3yrs of 130lbs but built-up tolerance, so then 150lbs 2yrs ago. Took @night for months, then back to morning & now 1yr 135lbs. 450mg is max. New dr: split time night & mrng. But that would defeat 1/2 its purpose"

LosingWeight=Antidepressant (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 24, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "After trying Zoloft and Lexapro with no success my doctor recommended Wellbutrin. Starting with 10mg daily. I've been taking this medication for 4 weeks now and my depression has not improved and my anxiety has worsened. The only positive review I can give is that I've lost 5 lbs since starting. Today my Dr. advised I should try a different medication rather than increase the dosage because of my anxiety."

ACS080292 September 21, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I've had depression and anxiety with panics since 2013 and been through many medications that didn't work and finally I get Wellbutrin 150mg lexapro 20 mg and it's amazing I feel back to myself years ago!!! Here it is 2016 when I get the right deal."

Stg76864 September 19, 2016

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I smoked for 48 years. It helped me quit now I'm going to use it for my depression ."

Papal (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I have little side effects like a headache, but that is due to no appetite from this medication. Ever since I have been on it I feel wonderful again like I used to be. All I would sit around and cry and think I was useless but now that is gone all together. I'm on 200mg and who knows I could have it increased if all goes well. Since I have been on this medication I have lost 14 lbs. I have no appetite so I have to force myself to eat which isn't till like 4 pm. I'm so glad I'm losing weight and not gaining. Who knows it could be a combination with my Lisinopril. I guess everyone is different but give it a try or ask your doctor if you can take it for weight loss, my doctor put me on it for weight loss and depression...Very very happy"

Cyndie endurance (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 17, 2016

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I've been on the drug for months, but I noticed the effects of it almost immediately. For the first time I can concentrate for long periods of time, and my motivation has never been better (although it's not always drastic). It has really messed with my appetite by making me not want to eat and getting full really quick, but I feel great and have lost a lot of weight! It hasn't changed my depressive thoughts, but I have way fewer break downs and my mood drops are not nearly as extreme. I love this drug."

Anonymous September 16, 2016

41 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I was started on WB xl 150mg 8week ago The first couple of weeks I had nausea fogginess and had trouble sleeping this started to taper off at about the four week mark. Last week my doctor increased it to 300mg and I have foggy/dizziness and since I've been on it I've had some abdominal discomfort. Is this normal and will it go away and do you get the side effects again when it has been increased?"

Message September 12, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "I'm on 100 mg of bupropion Sr twice a day. Some days I'm balanced, some days I'm full of so much energy and today zombie state. Pros? The "voices" in my head berating me every second of the day is silent. I am starting to see less hallucinations. My sex drive is up and paranoia down. Cons? Vivid dreams. Like vivid to the point of not being able to differentiate reality. Also, you always sleep late and wake up early. But you trade one major problem for a manageable one so I can deal with this. It's only been a month. Perhaps it gets better. Who knows. I am worried it may trigger another psychotic episode...may have to talk to Doctor."

Sam l h September 8, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was on 20 mg of Celexa for 2 years to treat anxiety (GAD) and OCD. With Celexa, I never had any side effects, and the only thing I noticed was my weight would fluctuate.My Doctor suggested Wellbutrin because it was weight neutral and also could help with ADD. I tried it for 4 weeks, which I know you should give it the full 6-8 weeks, however, 4 weeks was enough. I had horrible headaches, no appetite, felt like I was strung out, up days, down days,depressions (which I have never had), horrible anxiety, no motivation, horrible ADD, and the list goes on. I told my doctor, but she urged me to continue. Finally, my hair started coming out, and I was done. This is a powerful drug and I am sure it does wonder for people who need it, but not me."

Harper2082 September 6, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "So my journey has been two years with depression/anxiety. Had two bouts prior.... the first coming out of nowhere around age 40. The two times I went on a Paxil and in 30 days I was normal. You can only imagine my disbelief when this third bout trying Lexapro, Effexor and Paxil lead to horrible fatigue within a week of each. I just couldn't tolerate the fatigue and there was no relief. Incredible. Went on 100 mg of Wellbutrin despite it increasing my anxiety... requiring Lorazepam. For past year I couldn't tolerate more than 100 mg of W. w/o terrible fatigue. A year later I just got up to 150 mg without fatigue... no relief of depression yet. Also in therapy. Wellbutrin is better than nothing I guess. Not sure what's next."

Fiftiesman (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 4, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I am on day 3 of wellbutrin. I have a special 70mg doseage as in Europe not easily available. I did day 1 and day 2 on 35mg. I just slept all the time and thankfully was the weekend so off work. I felt so great though apart from being zombie. Was hungry alot too. Day 3 - I've taken 35mg morning now my second 35mg at evening. Am wondering will the sleepiness go away? I've tried loads of SSRI'S and SRNI's and just sleep all the time on all of them. Very frustrating as I know lots of people who are on anti depressants and they don't have the zombie affect and it really improves the quality of their lives. Am probably going to have to come off anti depressants as no quality of life with the zombie affect. Any advice be appreciated. :("

SpaceCowGal August 21, 2016