User Reviews for Wellbutrin (Page 2)

Major Depressive Disorder
7.3

Depression
7.3

Summary of Wellbutrin reviews 7.2 430 reviews

Reviews for Wellbutrin

For Depression "I recently started 150 mg of Wellbutran for depression after a successful treatment using nardill (MAOI). Nardill was working for a year or so then nothing. After being off of nardill my doctor who I know for over 30 years asked if want to try Wellbutran again and I agreed. I am on my first day. I also take dextroamphetamine for adhd I hope to get good effect from the Wellbutran."

Rallysport13 January 13, 2018

For Depression "This meds really change my life. I've always suffer from a mild depression associated with high anxiety. For years I had been on ADHD Medicine (Ritalin, Vyvanse, Adderall, Concerta, Dexetrine) I have tried them all. When I started wellbutrin, 2 months ago I really felt my anxiety drop in a matter of weeks. I did not need to take my ADHD treatment since wellbutrin help me staying focus. I would definitely recommend for people my mild depression and trouble focusing."

MaxUSA (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 11, 2018

For Depression "If you suffer from anxiety, racing uncontrollable thoughts, high anxious states and basically need a med to calm you down and get your thoughts under control, I would really talk to my doctor before starting this med. It is very clear that this is a energy producing medication, so for those of us with anxiety - that can be really bad. A common listed side-effect is "Anxiety" & "Anxiousness". Everyone is different, and will have different results to some extent. This is primarily a med for depression - NOT anxiety. So again, be clear to your doctor if you have anxiety with your depression that other choices may be better."

InAndOut (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've only been taking it a week. I went up to 300 mg on the fourth day to help me quit smoking but I will also continue the medicine for my depression. So far, after the first day of taking this medication I've noticed I will not sleep more then 9 hours which, I could easily sleep 12 hours. When I smoke a cigarette after the first day, first couple days 1-6 so far, I do not feel any effects of the cigarette its like, I'm just filling up my lungs with smoke and not being ''rewarded'' mentally... but the craving was still slightly there. I also see people saying this medication is making them angry ... I don't know, I roll my eyes at that but everyones different."

JayC27 January 5, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I want to start by saying that drugs have different effects on everyone so not every experience is the same. This medication has changed my life. After trying 7 different anti-depressants, then stopping, then trying again I have finally found one that works. One of my biggest problems was an inability to focus on anything and I am finally clear-minded and able to focus. I still have some problems with mood regulation but it is SO much better than before. I had some pretty bad side effects getting on Wellbutrin (but did with every drug I tried) -- extreme dizziness, nausea, vomiting and bad headaches. Side effects wore off after a week but I still get bad headaches with this med (worth it). Definitely a drug to discuss with your doctor."

Ellie111 January 4, 2018

For Depression "I've been taking Celexa , gabapentin and Wellbutrin for the last 2 years. Diagnosed with type 2 bipolar, ADD and dyselexia . I've tried different drugs over the years and the above combination worked fairly well. Then 2 weeks ago I ran out of Wellbutin and lopressor. So between the 2 it was hard to get a reading on my mental health. Restarted Wellbutrin after 10 days without still waiting on lopressor. The thing I've noticed is a complete lack of interest in anything. Which I'm guessing is what causes some people to feel suicidal. Not feeling that way now, however I know the feeling."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 25, 2017

For Depression "I have been on multiple SSRIS, SNRIS, even Buspar & ativan. Wellbutrin is AMAZING for depression & lack of concentration. Takes a bit of time to notice effects, but hang in there it’s worth it! I have so much energy due to Wellbutrin SR. No complaints unlike many of the other antidepressants I have been prescribed. Highly recommend Wellbutrin to anyone who has had no luck with others antidepressants."

Annie_92x December 22, 2017

For Depression "It's helping to regulate my appetite, i.e decrease it which was increased severely from Seroquel and Zoloft.I have SO much energy and better able to cope with anxiety and down moods. I am currently still up a 4:35am doing work and smiling, took one around 11 pm after a very stressful home situation"

quillla (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2017

For Depression "This drug does work, I have never been on anything else. My mood swings are gone, as well as curb my sadness. Lost weight, a good thing, lost half my hair, no kidding, a bad thing. Now I'm torn between thin hair and happy, or hair back and depressed."

Jets4me (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 15, 2017

For Depression "I am a 21 year old female. I have struggled with depression, anxiety, addiction (food, substances). These issues came to fruition when I went into my first year of college. I left HS as an honor student & went into college failing classes and unable stay on track. I had lots of self pity, mood swings, and slept all the time. I took sertraline for years, but it didn't give me that motivation I needed. It reduced my anxiety but really didn't help the depression. I started Bupropion XL and things have changed immensely. I'm doing well in nursing school, and I feel much steadier. I have my bad days, but they aren't controlling my life anymore. I do get anxious, but the pros outweigh the cons for me. I also can't drink much (which a good thing)"

Jaden Marie December 14, 2017

For Depression "Every time my wife is prescribed this med she becomes aggressive and ignores facts. She stops interacting with me and seeks distance. This poison is ruining a 40 year marriage and destroying our family. When she stops taking it she slowly returns to her normally self but her Dr. convinces her she needs it and the cycle starts all over again. Bad drug for some."

Loving husband (taken for 10 years or more) November 29, 2017

For Major Depressive Disorder "Was put on this after I went to the psych ward for suicidal thoughts and general depression. Before this I was on Prozac for 3 weeks, stopped taking it due to increased anxiety and extreme binge eating that I never had before. After that my doc switched me to 20 mg Celexa. Took that on and off for over a year... it helped slightly with anxiety but quickly became as effective as taking sugar pills. I started on the generic SR, 2 a day and with that I had slight ringing in the ears, some random panicky feelings. But my mood had improved tremendously, plus my sex drive went way up after just 1 day! My appetite control is great. On 300 mg XL generic now and side effects are subsiding. Had worries about seizures but that's rare. 0.3% incidence."

Alexandrea Martelli (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 23, 2017

For Depression "The first few days while taking Wellbutrin,which is not really recommended for anxiety but doc recommended giving it a try, were not too bad. Around week 2 I began to notice I was miserable, angry all the time, and just not feeling like myself! I am usually a happy person that laughs alot and enjoys making others laugh! Wellbutrin changed all that! I was now a bitter and angry person that found fault with everything! I wasn't sleeping well, had slight headaches everyday and my head felt cloudy and foggy all the time! I wasn't able to concentrate which made it difficult for me to function properly at work. I was no longer the happy,silly person I used to be! This drug totally changed my personality!"

Sqyrl (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 11, 2017

For Depression "It seemed to work for me okay. Then suddenly my already thin hair started falling out by the handful."

RLMWA (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 10, 2017

For Depression "I couldn't tell much of a difference, but I didn't take it consistently."

SnowyDeux (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2017

For Depression "I've been taking wellbutrin 150 SR twice a day for 3 months now, I started with 150mg the first month and 300mg from the second month. It hasn't really helped me with depression like Prozac and Lexapro did. I told my doctor that I didn't want to gain weight like I did on those drugs so he prescribed me bupropion. I have more energy, I've lost weight, but the depression is still there."

Manol1234 November 2, 2017

For Depression "I felt better on a lower dose of this drug. Once the "minimum effective dose" was reached, I felt really jittery and panicky. Once I did my gene testing, I saw that for Wellbutrin, if I take it at all, a lower dose is required."

roger_d_1989 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 30, 2017

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been on this med three seperate times over a few years on and off not a side effect that I took notice off? I am on 150mg and in Aust. Its called Zyban and for quitting smoking. I am on it as a help for bi-polar depression that just won’t leave me. The chemist told me that I could quit cold turkey that’s its make up is different to other anti-depressants and I did. I would not recommend that to anyone without their own medical advice. I had no effects. I went off Zyban as it just got to a stage where I didn’t notice benefits, but the specialist keeps convincing me to go back on it. That it is doing some good. And no side effects that I can tell. I’m on lithium, Ritalin, deralin and Zyban just stopped seroquel."

Koalamaiden (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 20, 2017

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was prescribed this drug treatment in the 1997-2000 years and it caused me to end up in the ER due to spontaneous unthinkable suicide attempt by taking an overdose dose of Amblify (15 tabs!) and as soon as I swallowed it I asked myself “what did I just do?!?!? Then I didn’t know what was going to happen!?! My friend called an ambulance and I ended up in ER !?!? When Doctor asked me why I did it-“ I told him that I didn’t know?!? I had no “ thoughts of suicide and I had no idea what I was doing and that I was not going to be a danger to myself because of that!?! I had to go to Outpatient Therapy for several weeks!"

NJersey (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 15, 2017

For Depression "28 woman 140 lbs--150mg XL taken once in the morning. Before this I was getting near suicidal, couldn't get out of bed and hated myself for that. Sought a therapist who recommended besides therapy I should take something like Wellbutrin. My psych was irritated b/c I previously told her I didn't want Celexa (it never did anything even after months) but agreed to prescribe Wellbutrin. After a day or two when it kicked in, it was like NIGHT and DAY. Like a cloud had been lifted and I could see again, get out bed again. Don't get me wrong, I'm still sad about the state of the world and my life. But it's not crippling anymore; I can "get over it." I'm glad to keep experiencing. It seemed better year 1 than 2 but that might be the relief/other factors."

A Novice (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 9, 2017

For Depression "Although the medication worked well for the first few weeks, I began to notice my aggression becoming more pronounced and I got irritated much easier than normal. After two months, my doctor increased the dosage, even though I told her how I was feeling and acting. I decided to try it anyways to see if things got any better and got an answer within two days of the increase..... NO!! It made me extremely mean, short tempered, very aggressive, and extremely judgemental of others, all of which were NOT normal behaviors for me. I get the same results with Adderall for my adult ADHD and have decided to never touch either of these medications again..... EVER! It may work well for others, but is not for me."

CajunLady41 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 30, 2017

For Depression "Sharing my experience on this medication because of how afraid I was to take it, in hopes that I can help someone in a similar situation. I have had diagnosed depression and anxiety for years and have tried all different medications to no avail until Lexapro which has helped the most with my depression, but never really touched my anxiety. The problem is that lately the Lexapro seemed to not be working as well despite dosage increases months back, and I had absolutely ZERO sex-drive, which was really affecting my relationship. I just started Wellbutrin (XR) and it has already proved life-changing in just a little over a WEEK. I feel SO much better. Way more motivation, energy & it's helped my anxiety which was unexpected! Good luck!"

Anxious/Depressed woman (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2017

For Depression "Amazing, it has absolutely changed my life, from the first day I started it. My smoking has decreased drastically. I am highly motivated to do everything I need to do in a day. I am thinking clear, I haven't had a single nap since taking it! A life changing pill for me!!"

Sarah padilla September 18, 2017

For Depression "Best antidepressant I've ever taken bar none. I have been taking Wellbutrin for over 10 years and even though I've had the dosage adjusted over time, it has worked wonders. The reasons I like it is no weight gain, doesn't zap my energy, and helps me complete tasks. The only down side I have found is that it will keep me awake at night if I take it after 10am. I do take the generic version."

Nellie12345 (taken for 10 years or more) September 12, 2017

For Depression "I've had major depression twice in my life. Each time I took wellbutrin in conjunction with talk therapy in order to feel well. I think the side effects you may feel may depend upon your own chemical makeup as I had no noticeable side effects at all and made complete recoveries. It's always said that any side effects will subside but if they're major ( ie intense stomach pain trying to take paxill ) you should switch to another medication. There are so many available you need not suffer. I can tell you from my experience that as hard as it might be you have to work at feeling better and never forget despite how you feel you will continually improve and will feel well. Write that down and look at it everyday so hope never fades."

Try Harder September 2, 2017