User Reviews for Olanzapine to treat Agitated State

Also known as: Zyprexa, Zyprexa Zydis, Zyprexa Relprevv, Zyprexa Intramuscular

Olanzapine has an average rating of 4.9 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Agitated State. 38% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 50% reported a negative effect.

Olanzapine Rating Summary

4.9/10 average rating

Compare all 6 medications used in the treatment of Agitated State.

Anonymous March 25, 2021

“Have been on this for over ten years, originally made me fat and lazy but could function as I didn't worry about anything. I have slowly improved as a person having tapered off, without any advice. Over ten years from ten mg to now a 2.5 every two days, haven't enjoyed anything over that period of time, have regular suicidal thoughts and have been passed around by too many doctors/pharmacists to care anymore, it wouldn't be acceptable in any other sphere of health, it shouldn't be acceptable in this instance as personally most of my ensuing problems were due to the mind numbing effects of this drug and trying to reduce it without any legitimate support”

T · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 12, 2021

“I’ve been on the medicine for about a month now and it has definitely helped my anxiety and sleep. I’ve gained about 20 lbs though and I do feel a little out of it constantly.”

Migraineur · Taken for less than 1 month November 21, 2020

“My doctor prescribed this to me a few times for bad streaks of chronic migraine in order to "break the cycle." I found it improved my appetite, sleep, and anxiety, but did little for my migraines. I've used 2.5mg and 5mg doses for 2-4 weeks at a time.”

Exhile · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 27, 2019

“Hey, this is my first review and hope that it is somewhat helpful to anyone. My conditions are Social Anxiety, DPDR, HPPD, Panic Anxiety, PTSD, ADHD + a thought disorder. My initial review was to long so I must sum this up. This medication shut down all emotion, made my symptoms much worse. Made me gain 20kg+ (I was skinny my whole life) and has ruined any confidence I had left. It made me dark and very depressed and was extremely hard to come off. Had to taper 2.5mg each month or 2 for a long time. I will only take this again as needed if I must suppress all emotion and knock out 24h+. I could see this be useful for acute psychosis and/or at 2.5mg doses (made 3months) I'm changing doctor and hope to be put on what I know helps. Never again!”

Bruce · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 13, 2020

“We call this “the magic pill”. After months and months of being in a living nightmare, with paranoia, aggression, insomnia and delirium our relative (with vascular dementia) has got their life back. We read the horror stories and bad reviews - but our experience has been good - life changing for the whole family.”

Do-whadddd · Taken for less than 1 month August 10, 2020

“I was put on this drug and get really clammy when it activates and my legs start to tremor. I'm 22 and am afraid of TD, ED, and being on these drugs that could make me worse. Lithium is a much better method. Zyprexa does not even make me want to sleep. I can see myself acting weird on this drug.”

Don B. · Taken for less than 1 month January 31, 2019

“Was given zyprexa for 2 days in the hospital every 4 hours in a 5 mg dose and then for 3 more days in the physical rehab facility till my wife asked why I was a "zombie". They explained it was my "anti psychotic" medication and the Prozac I was given for depression. There was no mention of a diagnosis other than I was "agitated" in the hospital. That was the end of that concoction. They sent me home 3 days later since I was "uncooperative" with physical rehab. Took almost 2 weeks for my mind to return to normal and the fog lifted. Moral is to watch what they give you in the hospital and don't just accept the "your meds" line.”

Tim Taylor · Taken for 10 years or more April 3, 2019

“First prescribed 10mg olanzapine , for a " psychotic episode", though have not received an official diagnosis of a long term mental health problem, have been stuck on this " medicine" for over ten years, though managed to get the dose down to 2.5 mg, causing absolute mental agony in the process, haven't felt like I've really enjoyed anything ever since, helps with sleep, appetite etc, every so called professional, with one exception simply won't discuss long term effects/ withdrawal, not defeatist enough to say it has ruined my life but wholeheartedly think that I would have been better off without!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 15, 2018

“This medicine as an Add-on to my 'opioid dependant' regime has been wonderful. I have been opioid dependant for nearly 5 years due to a codeine dependance to treat chronic pain at my sacrum. I also take 15mg Mirtazapine nightly. 80mg M and lately the add-on of only 5mg wafer Zyprexa. I have used just about every SSRI antidepressant for a mood disorder and worry/depression. Zyprexa is the first antipsychotic medication I have ever taken. It works for me so much better than any SSRI. I am not longer worrying, angry and mood is great. My brother takes Clozapine for a mental health disorder so I always thought about a Neuroleptic might work for me. I know it's cliche to say, but Olanzapine (Zyprexa) even at a low dose 5mg mid-afternoon has been a godsend. I am not putting on weight either as I am on a 16/8 fasting diet. To all the idiots who knock this drug for weight gain. Calories do not lie. Try morning fasting. Fast for as long as you can til lunchtime. It curbs your appetite.”