User Reviews for Metoclopramide

Also known as: Maxolon, Metozolv ODT, Reglan

Learn more about Metoclopramide.

Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced 1 reviews 52 medications

Migraine 95 reviews 81 medications

4.4
Summary of Metoclopramide reviews 220 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Metoclopramide

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Gastroparesis: "This medication can be dangerous but it works REALLY well. I used it to treat stomach motility. I've been admitted in the ER many times during flare ups (severe nausea/vomiting/no sleeping/misery that would last for days) and as soon as I would get it through and IV, I would feel so good! So it's a miracle drug when it comes to treating nausea/vomiting. I took only 10mg, because of the warnings and only took it at night and if I needed it (if I ate something that would not digest) It worked really well to manage gastroparesis. I started to function, gain weight, eat food. Then after 6 months I woke up one day and my speech was slurred, and I was losing fine motor control, couldn't write or text, so I had to stop taking it."

IJCE307 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "Given IV with toradol & Benadryl. My headache went away almost immediately . Soon after that I started shivering and trembling. I dismissed it thinking I was just cold because of the hospital temperature & the IV fluids. I also had to pee so bad that I unhooked it myself because I could not wait on the nurse to come in and help me. I was so restless and anxious that I drove home, knowing the nurse told me to call a ride, but it's like I couldn't control the urge to just make it home and go to bed. I didn't realize that all of those symptoms were side effects of the medicine until I got home & started to tremble more & was unable to sleep. Since then I've been having panic attacks & anxiety, muscle stiffness & twitches. DO NOT TAKE"

Quisha13 September 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reglan (metoclopramide) for GERD: "I have acid reflux for 10 years and have been on every PPI and H2 blocker on the market nothing worked did test after test nothing was found, started getting nausea (extreme nausea) and Nothing helped finally my doc prescribed me reglan (mind you she said she only uses this as a last resort befoer surgery is considered) and BAM! Worked amazingly I still take zantac to help against small bouts of reflux but reglan has helped me gain control back of my life! I had side effects at first (nothing major I just felt restlessness in my legs) but they eventually went away! 10/10 100% recommend!"

Charizard1831 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting: "This is the worst medication I have ever been given via IV for nausea.. It immediately made me feel horribly anxious, like I could jump out of my skin, it was BAD.."

Nope17 (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine: "I tend to be sensitive to a lot of medicines- not in an allergic reaction type way, but I experience adverse side effects almost every time. I went into the ER with an ocular migraine with aura. They gave me a reglan/benadryl combo. It got rid of the migraine, but it made me feel EXTREMELY high!! I might have dealt with it better if the RN had warned me first. Within 15-20 seconds of infusion, my mouth got cold and I felt incredibly high/drunk. Paranoia, restlessness, etc set in. I kept sitting up, lying down, sitting up, lying down. I even told the person in the room with me that I was about to rip my IV out so we could leave. Like I said, I wish the RN would've warned me first about these side effects so I would've been prepared."

fsoeifjosiefjosiefj September 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "Went to the hospital last night for flu like symptoms. While I was there I experienced a sudden migraine. When I told the Dr. he decided to treat me with a cocktail outside of my usual. He gave me Reglan, Toradol, and Benadryl. As soon as the nurse began to push the meds in my IV I felt the worse burning sensation ever! After all 3 meds were in I began to feel closed in, constricted and overall worse. The nurse ran and got the dr and this is when he decided to reveal that the Reglan can make you feel very anxious, he said it should go away in 10 mins or so, and it did but I will never allow them to give me this medication again. I literately tried to rip the IV out of my arm because of it."

Migraine Guest (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I will never take reglan ever again! Worst experience of my life! As soon as they gave me reglan through my iv I started having crazy facing thoughts, fast heart rate, felt anxious and had anxiety, couldn't stop moving, and was sweating profusely. NEVER AGAIN"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Seems to help the nausea quite well, although does make me quite tired. Could be unrelated but have developed a nose twitch since taking it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "Do NOT take this medicine. 1 time IV dose. Causes nervous system damage. First Parkinson side effects, then anxiety after 5 months NOT gone. Possible sensitive to other medications. Horribly traumatic. Couldn't work."

Kat80 (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine: "Went to the ER for a migraine cocktail recommended from my neurologist bc the headache was not leaving. The emergency room staff was very nice and quick but as soon as the meds hit my IV my arm started burning and itching at the same time then it happened all over my body for about two mins. After the nurse was done she left me "to myself" for an hour but I was to jittery and freezing cold to sleep. I was in and out of it for a bit but u better believe when that hour was up I was calling my nurse to get out of there. Yea my headache is gone but the anxiety has been crippling since I had the cocktail. I feel like I can't sit still like my legs are jumping. So all in all it does work but if u have anxiety be weary. I'm not getting another one"

Katshennadesigns (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I was prescribed this medication for severe morning sickness about a week ago after going to a walk-in clinic. I was given a shot at the clinic, and it seemed to work. I took the medication for a few days and then suddenly began to feel extreme depression and anxiety yesterday, but less sick than before taking this drug. My vomiting has decreased to once a day on this medication, and I can sleep through most of the night now without getting sick, but I feel very anxious, chills and hot flashes, and really depressed. I am going to stop this medication immediately, as I would rather vomit all day than feel this bad."

Pregnant lady (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I originally was prescribed this med for migraine headaches. Then I was diagnosed with Severe Fibromyalgia, which sometimes causes me nausea. The med works very quickly and very well for me. I usually only have to take one pill and the nausea is gone within a few minutes."

SuzieQ2017 August 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Have been on Reglan over 1 year. With Reglan I am again able to participate in physical activity without vomiting and nausea AFTERWARDS. Last week Dr says we still don't know why when I get over heated or stressed I vomit get light sensitive nausea etc. Put me on Zofran, blah feel like rubbish with a constant headache now. What do I do."

Hazer July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I've been to the ER for migraines too many times to count and have been given every kind of drug that can be given. I woke up this morning with a horrific migraine and vomiting and off I went. They gave me the Reglan/Benadryl combo and within less than a minute the pain was gone. I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT! I've never had anything to work so well and so fast. I went home and slept for four hours afterwards. I'm so glad they decided to try this with me."

Anonymous July 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I have pregnancies characterized by extremely severe hyperemesis gravidarum. I spend most of my pregnancy nil by mouth in the hospital and then get a picc line. They gave me Reglan and let me tell you. It made me severely depressed and suicidal. It did not touch my nvp either. The combination of a very adverse reaction to this medicine and malnutrition caused me to terminate my wanted and planned pregnancy. I have dealt with severe hg before and have a 2yo. I did not realize this medicine caused this until recently I was given it before a surgical procedure. It made me out of my mind! I felt like jumping out of my skin. I tried to rip out my IV and leave the hospital! They said it's a common reaction to reglan! Why wasn't I warned?!"

Liliana M July 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Wow there is a lot of negative reviews about this drug...and yes every drug effects every one differently. But I was reading how people got anxiety and horrible depression from it, for me I never got that but I'm already on anti depressant and anti anxiety medication so that could be it...I never got any side effects from it it worked AMAZINGLY for vomiting and feeling nauseous...it was the only thing that worked for me!! I do give it 10/10 for sure. :)"

Leahbobeah90 (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "Went to ER with terrible migraine and vomiting. I was given the cocktail of Reglan and Benedryl. I have ended up having worst reaction ever and scared to death. MY heart beat went to 140+, I had uncontrolled muscle movement, dizziness, had a feeling I was going to pass out, my limbs were shaking enormously, I couldn't produce words to explain what was happening either!"

O.K. (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "Went to the ER for high blood pressure and was having a bad headache as well. Was given regalin cocktail and afterwards I have had the worse anxiety ever. I wanted to rip the I've out of my arm and run out of there. I will never let them give me those meds again."

A.A. (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Got tons of side effects Tiredness Restless Drowsiness Stiffness Fast heartbeat The list goes on"

Daebo June 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "IM injections of Reglan helped to relieve my nausea and vomiting that resulted from serious side adverse effects from an antibiotic."

TomJann June 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine: "I've had chronic migraines for a few years and whenever I go to the ER they gave me this combination the Benadryl, torodal and the Reglan it makes you feel anxious that's why they add the Benadryl into it but I've never had any negative side effects I take daily medication to keep my migraines at bay but sometimes that doesn't work so if I have a migraine for more than 3 days and I go to the ER and they gave me the give me this cocktail and it works awesome I've never had any negative side effects personally from this medication but I'm reading these comments and other people are saying that they did they do warn you in the ER that it might makes you feel a little anxious for me that anxiousness goes away in about 30min"

Lisa H. May 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Lactation Augmentation: "I took 5 mg of Reglan one day and two 2.5 mg the next day. About four days later my eyes started twitching and I had muscle twitches throughout my whole body. What is worse is that some of the medicine must have passed to my daughter in my breastmilk and I worry about her having side effects. It is black boxed labeled for tardive dyskinesia in Canada and in the US. It is a very powerful drug and I am crossing my fingers that I won't have twitches for the rest of my life. Please do not take this drug, especially just to be able to breastfeed your baby. Formula is way safer for you and your baby. There are so many other ways to increase lactation than resorting to this drug. The clinical studies are not even sure that it helps"

Jade3133 (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Was in hospital following surgery and was given Reglan IV to control nausea when zofran didn't work. I developed intermittent atrial fibrillation. My nurse and I both noticed my heart would be fine until sometime after my shot of Reglan. She called hospital pharmacist who said it was feasible Reglan could cause cardiac trouble. Once Reglan was withheld, the afib stopped. It certainly helped the nausea, but not good to wind up with afib."

4IdBlonde May 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I have sickle cell disease so in addition to severe pain I have bouts of nausea/vomiting. I was given Reglan in the ER; within 5 min I felt extreme agitation, restlessness, dripping sweat & shaking uncontrollably. I begged the nurse to tell the doctor I was having a reaction. She did but with very little urgency, instead telling me to get back in the stretcher but I couldn't due to sweating, shaking & needing to pace. I was sent for a chest X-ray but the tech sent me back saying she was uncomfortable handling me in this state. I again pleaded with the nurse to call the doctor. He finally came & I was given benedryl to reverse the effects. I felt calmer but it took a while for the shaking to stop. Nurse & doctor acted like I was crazy smh."

Shaina A May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was in the Emergency Room for a kidney stone and was given a couple medications in my IV. I told the nurse that I was becoming very nauseous and needed something to prevent myself from vomiting. She came back with a syringe and thought it was Zofran. The nurse began pushing the medication and said that she was administering Reglan. About 2 minutes later, my chest felt extremely tight, I couldn't stop moving my legs or hold still. I had an extreme urge to rip my IV out and run... and run... and run... I had a feeling of anxiety unlike anything I have ever felt before. It wasn't your typical 'butterflies', this was like I wanted to escape my skin or just end it all right there. I would much rather be dead than to feel the way Reglan felt."

Josh95 May 16, 2017