User Reviews for Metoclopramide

4.1

Summary of Metoclopramide reviews 4.7 288 reviews

Reviews for Metoclopramide

Kam · Taken for less than 1 month June 22, 2019

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "Omg where do I begin. Was in the emergency room for severe migraine and nausea. They gave me this drug through my IV. Never again. I began to sweat, I started cursing and screaming, I was so anxious and delirious. It was a terrible experience. I feel like I needed to just run out of the hospital. Do not recommend."

c01pat · Taken for less than 1 month June 13, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Worst medication I’ve ever taken. On the second day of 5mg dosage I ended up with uncontrollable crying, tremors, sweating excessively, etc. I could not figure out why I was crying. Went to the ER and they gave me Ativan and Benadryl and said hopefully the effects stop within 24 hours. This drug is scary. I will never take it again."

Preggie99 · Taken for less than 1 month June 13, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I went to the ER because of my severe morning sickness. I couldn’t keep anything down including water. I was first given two bags of saline through IV then they gave me the “cocktail” - benadryl, Reglan. When she gave me the Reglan I was fine no effects. But when she gave the Benedryl I instantly felt drowsy and very disoriented. It helped my nausea and I’m currently taking 10 mg tablets of Reglan to help control nausea it just makes me very very tired."

Marty · Taken for less than 1 month June 11, 2019

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "6/10/19 I received the migraine cocktail for the first time. Dr. was very careful to push the Reglan SLOWLY into the IV. At first I felt fine, but once she left the room I got hot, sweaty, and anxious. I had full body tremors, sweat through my clothes, and felt like I needed to rip the IV out and run. My severe migraine is gone, but I would recommend NOT trying this medication if you already have anxiety or if you’re sensitive to medications."

Cat June 6, 2019

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Gastroparesis: "Took it for diagnosed gastroparesis in 2012. I felt great for about 5 hours and then I had an allergic recation. For me that meant I felt burning ants under my skin as the muscles in my face and neck locked themselves into distorted positions. I spent hours staring at the ceiling because my neck was completely straight and locked, my eyes couldn't focus, and my face made all sorts of nonsense expressions making it hard to breathe. My mother said I went cross eyed. Of course I also started vomiting profusely."

Anonymous June 5, 2019

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "Omg worst medicine mixture ever!!! I’ve had this terrible stuff 2 times. The first time I went to the ER for an awful migraine and they gave me compazine, Reglan and Benadryl and immediately I started feeling very tired but restless and anxious at the same time. I wanted to sleep but I couldn’t because I felt like I just wanted to run out of there and just go home! It’s the worse anxious feeling I’ve ever experienced. So the next time I had a migraine they wanted to give me that and I thought well maybe it was just a bad reaction last time or something but NOPE! I had the same feeling and they wanted to do an MRI on me because of other neurological symptoms I came in with but since I was feeling so awful I just told them nope I want to be discharged. I’m definitely going to tell them next time those medications I cannot tolerate and I refuse them."

nancy · Taken for less than 1 month May 26, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: "I take 10 mg of metonia (generic) before chemo and whenever I feel a twinge of nausea starting and it works excellently! I'm on an 8-week cycle (7 on, 1 off) for pancreatic cancer which can't be cured but the tumour can stay status quo for a while with chemo so the metonia is a godsend. I'll be doing chemo until it doesn't work anymore so this drug is my best friend (with no unwanted side effects)! Good luck to all out there!"

lh241 · Taken for less than 1 month May 24, 2019

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I used reglan (5mg three times daily) for pregnancy severe nausea. The pregnanacy slowed digestion made my nausea and vomiting so much worse. When I took reglan it helped SO SO much with that. I was able to eat without feeling like I was busting. I didn't experience any negative side effects."

Hfennp2g · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 21, 2019

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Lactation Augmentation: "I was given Reglan off label to promote the progesterone hormone to increase my breast milk supply after my son was born. After taking it steadily and gradually upping the dose after a couple of weeks I started having severe side effects. I went in to work one morning and couldn’t remember how to do my job, I would fall asleep at traffic lights, had difficulty concentrating and focusing my eyes and finally started having severe panic attacks, depression and tardive dyskinesia. I ended up in the ER and had to get under psychiatric care. 14 years later I still have to be on anxiety meds and if I try to get off the symptoms return. Be very careful taking this medicine."

Leslie · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 19, 2019

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Gastroparesis: "I was diagnosed with SMA [Superior Mesenteric Artery Syndrome ] syndrome. I had surgery to help correct it, but from years of being misdiagnosed because SMA is very rare in someone like me, my esophagus paid the price due to being obstructed for so many years. I have very little motility. My dr put me on Reglan following my surgery to aide with digestion. Shortly after taking it, I felt extreme fatigue. As the days went on, my anxiety level increased. I have never been a person with anxiety, so this was rare for me. I constantly had people asking me, "What's wrong". My thoughts were racing all the time. The only thing I could attribute it to was Reglan. I told my doctor, and he said to discontinue use. After a few days of being off the medication, I began to feel like myself again. If it works for you great, but if you are experiencing any of the things I mentioned I would quit taking the medicine."

Burt · Taken for less than 1 month May 11, 2019

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Please avoid this drug at all costs. Possible life long side effects. Yesterday, I was in the hospital due to a Crohn’s flare up. Due to negligence, I was given a drug I’m extremely allergic to called Reglan. It induced a Parkinsonism reaction (akin to Parkinson’s disease) where I started violently seizing and convulsing. For 30 minutes, I lost motor control of my eyes, legs, arms, and mouth. The only thing voluntary movement I could do was move my eyes side to side. Benadryl counteracted the effects, but for 30 minutes, I thought I was going to die. And I bite off part of my tongue. And in those moments, I realized that some people live their whole lives like that. Paralyzed. So at the end of the day when you’re feeling upset over little things just realize it can be much worse. I beg the pharmaceutical industry to remove this drug. It’s not worth our lives."

Nmum · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 30, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I was on this 6 years & I was getting even worse and dry heaving 24/7 and it would only work if I took it in this moment for a couple of hours so I became addicted to them and relying on them a lot. My new doctor did some tests to why I was feeling so unwell and it came back my prolactin level was 3500 which would of temporarily meant my fertility was down the drain, this scared me so much so I decided to listen to him and try come off it. It was so hard coming off it and I’m still suffering from it now. I have a massive phobia of sick and I thought this was my comfort blanket to ensure this nausea didn’t turn to sick however the side effects are not worth it. Try stay on it for as little time as possible and discuss other anti nausea medicines out there. All in all a very effective and quick drug to relieve nausea within a short amount of time but don’t rely on it like I did as I’m now suffering at a young age with a lot of physical problems!"

April · Taken for less than 1 month April 26, 2019

Maxolon (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Made my eyes go to the back of my head . Hurt so much . I couldn't see anything . Until the doctors have me injection to bring my eyes down to see again, it was so painful afterwards . The drug was given to me because of sickness I had and was given to me in Hospital"

Ali05 · Taken for less than 1 month April 21, 2019

For Migraine: "This is terrible. I went to ER last night for stabbing pain migraine they gave me Reglan & Benedryl via IV. Immediately my skin felt cold then turned super hot and flush. My mouth got extremely dry and it felt like my throat was closing. I was gagging. I was extremely restless and irritable. My hands were shaking so bad. The nurses looked at my like I was crazy. I made them take out the saline IV and I left the hospital. I was given this at 10:30 pm and it took me 6 hours to finally relax to fall asleep. Never ever again. I’m adding this to my allergy list. I feel like I was given this through a pill before though and this didn’t happen."

Andi · Taken for less than 1 month April 16, 2019

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Gastroparesis: "Reglan gave me severe diarrhea, headaches, anxiety, restless, and shaky hands."

haidersubhi · Taken for less than 1 month April 7, 2019

Reglan (metoclopramide) for : "DO NOT take this medicine may be the worst drag I ever taken. I have a lot of side effects like depression and my face numb my neck stiff like stone my body shake for 9 days now and I only took it for 3 days at a dose of 3 times a day."

PickyNicky · Taken for less than 1 month March 30, 2019

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "This was the worst medication reaction I've ever had and had no idea that this was possible! I am having a bad reaction from starting an SSRI for the first time and end up in the ER vomiting and spinning and having been in a panic attack for about 8 hours (I thought that was bad too, just wait). The RN gave me straight Reglan in my arm and 30 seconds later I'm screaming at the top of my lungs "my legs my legs my legs!!!!" And the most terrifying feeling of "I'm going to die" ensued. I wanted to run as fast as I could away. From myself or nothing. Basically I was star in one of those movies where you see someone being operated on in an alien spaceship and the person is awake and terrified. There were 3 security guards and 4 nurses in the room all looking at me while I had this crazy psychotic reaction. I've never felt more embarrassed and terrified at the same time! DO NOT RECOMMEND"

coldbewz March 26, 2019

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Reglan/maxaran- GARBAGE GARBAGE GARBAGE please avoid the use of this drug, this has to be some of the worst medicine out there. I wouldn't give this junk to my worst enemy!!!!!! Please do not take this!!!! I was given this junk in the ER for a headache, I had every side affect possible and now 5 days later and I am still slowly trying to recover from this toxic medicine. This should be taken completely out of medical practice..."

Ashbash · Taken for less than 1 month March 23, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given this after multiple other medications failed to help me. I am 9 weeks pregnant and have hyperemesis gravidarum (HG) and the metoclopramide has given me back the ability to keep liquids and food down. I was losing a pound a day before taking this. I did have weird thoughts on my second dose at night time but nothing after that. Cut the edge off of the nausea and vomiting for me. This was given as oral not IV for me for 30 days."

chevy · Taken for less than 1 month March 19, 2019

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "AWFUL, I took metoclopramide for a migraine headache causing me to be extremely nauseous. I was on it for 2 days. I had hallucinations, tremors, the shakes, blurred vision, was seeing things, was unable to finish my sentences, and couldn't make words with speech, mania, swelling, numbness, hands are still to shaky to text and have any strength. This medication should be discontinued, its that bad."

Shamarcy March 14, 2019

For Migraine: "So last night I got sent to the ER because I have a history of blood clots, and severe headaches. They gave me toridol and reglan. The nurse warned me that the reglan may make me feel anxious, but she would push it in slow (I got it through IV) I didn’t feel any sort of way at first. BUT and I have to start out saying I’m usually a reserved quiet sometimes even pessimistic person but a few minuets after this drug was given to me I turned into a complete goober (goofball, I don’t know what to word to use) I was laughing, cracking jokes, fooling around with all the equipment that was hooked up to me, meanwhile it only took the edge off of my headache. While getting my MRI I hallucinated that someone was grabbing my knee. After my moments of my “high” I got hit like a brick wall with tiredness and could barely keep my eyes open. It seems I had the complete opposite effect from others but in a bad way cause it was way too much giddiness."

B · Taken for less than 1 month March 8, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Please beware of this drug! Was prescribed metoclopramide for 2 weeks due to nausea caused by IBS and I thought I was going crazy. It started off as feeling restless and unable to be concentrate, developing into nightmares and really dark thoughts. It was terrifying. It may not affect you in this way but I would say think very carefully about taking this drug, and stop immediately if you start to notice anything untoward."

Same February 27, 2019

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I was in ER last night for severe migraine attack. The doctor asked what I normally get and that's toradol, zofran, and steroid through IV. They come in with this toradol, reglan, benadryl mix. Literally 2 min after meds were administered I felt the need to jump out the bed and just go home. I was burning up inside, restless, and still had the headache. So when I see other people posting almost the exact same thing, I totally get it. The national headache society did a study, benadryl is actually one of the drugs NOT recommended to treat migraines. I was told Reglan treated the "pain". Nope, it actually just controls the nausea by getting your stomach to empty / process the contents faster. I had the same migraine when I woke up. Now the toradol I know helped, it usually does to some degree. But getting a steroid shot / injection is usually what keeps the migraine from returning. Personally, I just don't think the doctor had a lot of knowledge regarding treatment of migraines."

Ekech · Taken for less than 1 month February 14, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Had a bad H Pylori infection to the point where I did not eat a thing for just under two weeks. This drug took the edge off, but did not completely remove symptoms. I took 10mg tablets. I have seen many bad reviews about extra-pyramidal effects from this drug - this drug does come with some hefty side effects, but almost all are only ever seen when administered by IV."

Sky February 9, 2019

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given this a year ago in the ER. Almost immediately I had unpleasant side effects. I felt like I couldn't sit still, and I was extremely anxious. For two weeks I couldn't take care of my kids alone. I cried all the time and thought about suicide. I ended up in the ER a couple more times after that. Fast forward to three days ago, I was given Compazine for vomiting. I had no idea the two are closely related, and I experienced similar side effects. On the drive home I had to talk myself out of jumping out the car. Very deep thoughts consumed me. I do have a history of anxiety and depression so I'm not sure if there is a correlation or not, but I've never had a voice in my head trying to convince me to take my own life. It was very scary, and three days later I'm still anxious and unable to sleep or stay at my house alone. I know all meds affect people differently, but please take these reviews seriously. There are much less dangerous meds that can treat the same things."