User Reviews for Metoclopramide

Also known as: Maxolon, Metozolv ODT, Reglan

Learn more about Metoclopramide.

Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced 1 reviews 52 medications

Migraine 82 reviews 81 medications

4.4
Summary of Metoclopramide reviews 187 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Metoclopramide

For Migraine: "I'm so relieved to know I'm not alone with this awful "migraine cocktail." I suffer from chronic migraine and had one so bad last week I went to the ER. I told them I'd been twice before for debilitating migraines and dilaudid was the best solution. Instead, they gave me a cocktail of Reglan, Benadryl and Toradol. They injected the whole dose at once and I had the worst uncomfortable, restless, panicky feeling I've ever had. I thought it was Benadryl making me tired but after reading all the reviews on here, it has to be the Reglan. Refuse this terrible drug, even for anti-nausea. I was so restless I almost ripped out the IV. Worst experience ever!"

Heidi Z. March 28, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I have had nausea for years and nothing worked so my doctor gave me Reglan. At first it worked and I was so happy then the side effects blasted in! I have never been sicker in my life. I was unable to get out of bed. I lost my mind for a long time. I even named the sides of my bed. Right side was chocolate and left was vanilla!. I could not get comfortable. I lost around 100 lbs because I couldn't eat. My kids thought I had gone crazy. THEN the worst side effect, Tardis Dykinesia set in. It is an untreatable disease that caused crazy facial ticks and body movements. This disease NEVER goes away. I have been bed bound for 8 years because of this drug! DON'T TAKE IT!!! It has a black label that warns of the horrible side effect"

mjr9550 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 14, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine: "I had a severe Migraine. Pain level 9 when I arrived at the ER. I was given Metoclopramide and Benadryl via IV. Within 30 minutes my pain level went to a 2-3, was released and took ibuprophen to knock out the remainder of the pain. Was virtually pain free within 90 minutes."

APared72 March 6, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine: "I'm an ER nurse. We use a cocktail of 20 mg metoclopramide with 25 mg diphenhydramine. That's 2 vials of reglan and 1/2 vial of benadryl in a 250ml NS bag. Reglan is the primary medication in this cocktail, benadryl is given to reduce the side effect known as akathisia. Both reglan and benadryl causes drowsiness, hence only half a dose is given. 250ml saline bags are used so we can control the rate of flow of the medication (to infuse slow over 20 minutes, we don't use an IV pump with these medications). Ketorolac is optional. If not given correctly, in most cases infused as a bolus/wide open. This is where the problem occurs. I would say It has a success rate of 80%. I've seen akathesia just twice, I give it cautiously every time."

Jad.RN March 6, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Gastroparesis: "Metoclopramide in low doses worked. After being prescribed 10mg. 3 times a day, I didn't take it. It made me feel strange and I had the fear of Tardive dyskinesia (TD). So I started taking only 10mg. once a day after eating my main meal, when I needed it and I had my symptoms. It helps tremendously."

Anonymous February 27, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I have had a migraine for a week and went to the ER. They gave me IV benadryl and reglan. After about an hour they came in to check on me. I don't remember this but they said I said the headache was gone. Now 5 weeks later I still have the headache and I'm afraid to go back. Do not let them give you this cocktail as I don't remember anything. Who knows what could have been done to me while I was out of it. I will never let them give me this medication again."

bowling deb (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine: "After suffering the worst migraine of my life (lasted 4 days) I went to my family doctor who sent me to the emergency room. There I was given 3 separate injections in my buttocks...morphine, dexamethasone sodium, and metoclopramide HCL. I had no side effects and felt wonderful within an hour of the injections. At my follow up appointment with my Penn State Hershey doctor, she prescribed Reglan (Metoclopramide) for me to take at the onset of every migraine. I have done this on approx 6 occasions, and I have yet to have migraine. Thank you to the emergency room doctor."

Pattie4444 February 21, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Gastroparesis: "I use metoclopramide for mild gastroparesis flare ups, as I've had Type 1 Diabetes for 27 years. It works wonders on moving food through my stomach! The only side effect I've had is tiredness after taking it, but it doesn't hit me all the time. When I take it before I eat I don't vomit or experience nausea. This is especially great since I love salad and I can't eat it without metoclopramide. Great drug! :-)"

T1Dstrong February 20, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I went to the ER for extreme neck and head pain. They said they were going to treat me with a headache cocktail. The nurse shot 3 medicines in me quickly. The first was reglan. Immediately after she put this in my iv I felt an intense pressure in my chest and I could barely breathe. I began to feel so restless and jittery. I wanted to jump up and rip the IV out and run. I tried to lay there and calm down but I felt terrible intense anxiety and worried I was going to die. I felt panic like never before. I thought something was wrong with me, I'm so glad I'm not alone. I'll never agree to this medicine again, and my head still hurt when I left!"

Shelee (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "This medicine is horrible. My doctor switched me to this from zofran because of constipation. I took this 1 time and it is causing severe anxiety, blurred vision, irritability and an overall weird and bad feeling all over. I needed a medication for severe pregnancy nausea and this did absolutely nothing but make me feel horrible. It also made my headaches worse. I am throwing the remainder of the pills in the trash bc that it what they are."

MrsKP (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: "I was going to my family doctor for heartburn and try to every prescription in the book for my indigestion come to find out I had Hodgkin's lymphoma cancer. Then when taking chemo I was getting nauseated and still had the indigestion even worse my hematologist put me on this drug and I praise it to this day it's the best thing out there. I am currently in remission but still side effects from the cancer and chemo so I have indigestion problems and as long as I take it before meals and before bedtime I no longer have indigestion"

Sean McCoy (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine: "I have suffered from migraines for 43 years. I just recently went to the ER for intractable migraine, 3 days of constant excruciating pain. They started an IV and gave me the "migraine cocktail " of Benedryl and Reglan.... let me tell you this medicine combo made me freak out. I was jittery, restless and out of my mind. The 1st time I got it ,( I work at this hospital as a CT tech) I was alone and when no one was looking I pulled my IV out and left the hospital getting into my car and drove home. to this day I am amazed I didn't have a car accident. The 2nd time I went to the ER ( my husband drove me ) they gave me the same med cocktail and I freaked out again. Now realizing that this is not what I should be given ! Terrible experience"

Baileysmom29 (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "All these negative posts about reglan sounds like it's from the same person. I have seen reglan work wonders and help people get their life back. It's a great drug if used properly."

Lisa RN forever 63 (taken for 10 years or more) February 6, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Lactation Augmentation: "Took it while breastfeeding to help increase my milk production. While it worked for that, it also put me into a severe depression, which I had never experienced before. My family and doc were convinced I was suffering from PPD (just the phrase, "How are you?" would send me sobbing). After doing a little research, I learned of the side-effect and stopped taking it. The symptoms ceased almost immediately. About 2 weeks later, as my milk production slowed, I thought I'd give it another try (thinking I'd be able to combat the feelings, now that I knew the cause). Within a few hours I could literally feel the black cloud of depression descend. It was terrifying. I never took another pill, and have never had another bout of depression."

Jojohanna (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine: "I suffer from migraines, and every time I get one, I got to stay in the hospital every time and nothing works, been to neurologist and still nothing... Not 1 medication works, I get cluster and status migraines.. :("

Briannaa (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I went to E R with a Migraine I had had for about 4 days. I was given this medication. I was in so much pain. I was so Anxious. I told them I was still in pain. My blood pressure was going up and down. I will never let the give this to me again. I was there 6 hours and let with no relief. I felt like I was tortured . Reglan and Benadryl"

Tedmirgrane suffer January 23, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I've been taking this medication for almost 3 years now, and never had one side effect or anything but relief. I get severe headaches and ontop of that, stomach/intestional infections frequently. This is the only medicine that helps with the vomiting and nausea. And believe me, I've taken EVERYTHING in between when dealing with my issues. Reading all these comments about everyone's bad reactions is really surprising to me. I guess it affects everyone differently sometimes."

August Winterman January 23, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Don't ever take Reglan. It is an old school antipsychotic that was given to severely ill patients such as schizophrenics. It's like Haldol. It blocks dopamine receptors and can cause movement disorders. These uneducated, idiot doctors that hand these out for headaches and stomache conditions, should lose their licenses. It's disgusting. NEVER take them.."

Reglan Is An Antipsychotic (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "Visited the ER due to intense migraine lasting 7 days with 4 impacted wisdom teeth coming in. Face swollen, migraine and intense anxiety went to a different hospital and was hoping for something that WORKED, But got the reglan/benedryl cocktail which made me freak out like a idoit and I cried for anxiety meds when a new doctor came in and denied me anything else and called me a pill popper, although the only meds I'm taking are for my teeth pain (antibiotic and a steroid) and also continued to be rude while still having an outrageous migraine. Home now...hours later...with a migraine still......"

Chelseabergstresser January 8, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I went to the hospital for a bad migraine that at the time lasted 3 days. The worst I've ever had. They gave me a cocktail of raglin and benadryl through my IV. Within a minute my chest felt like it was burning. I couldn't breath, my blood pressure skyrocketed. They administered the benadryl and still no help. My chest felt heavy and I thought I was going to die. I couldn't move, talk or anything. They put oxygen on my face and called the Dr in to see me. He then administered valium STAT, then I began to calm down. They said that the nurse administered the Raglin to fast causing the side effects. After about 4 hours in the ER they Sent me home. At least I left with the migraine gone! But never again will I allow Ragin to be administered to me!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "had it long back for 6months 1/2 tab twice a day for stomach infection with other medicine . Realized very late that I was allergic to this medicine. felt like ending my life. depressed."

arjun5 December 22, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine: "I went to the emergency room with the worst headache ever and after getting results from a MRI that showed nothing significant the nurse came to me with the cocktail of REGLAN and BENEDRYL!!! Right away I started with convulsions that I could not control. It was my worst experience ever. I'm pretty sure that the reason they are giving REGLAN is to keep us migraine sufferers from ever going back to the emergency room. To me severe pain is an emergency but to the doctors and hospital staff we are a bother. Oh yes also a bother to the insurance companies. I wil never go back to the ER for head pain. I got the message!!!!"

Reglander December 20, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine: "I've been dealing with migraines for the pass 30 plus years and this concoction of Raglan, Toradol and Benadryl is the best if given right and not to fast into your iv."

migraine fighter (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 19, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Went to the e.r for a really bad stomach virus. They have me reglan trying to stop the vomiting. I felt like I was freezing. My boyfriend stacked 10 blankets on me. I felt something was terribly wrong, I RIPPED MY I.V OUT AND STARTED RUNNING OUT THE HOSPITAL. I thought I lost my mind. After they grabbed me and knocked me out with benadryl I slept for 24 hours. STOP GIVING THIS MEDICINE!"

Why are they still giving this (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "Due to chronic pain I take a lot of meds to begin with. I ended up in the hospital with a severe migraine that I'd already had for a few days (among other things). Morphine wasn't helping, not even Dilauded helped. I don't know who made the switch, but finally at the end of the second day a nurse came in to give me the Raglan, Toradol, Benadryl combo. Oh how I loved her after that. It burned slightly going into my IV (but Potassium burned a hell of a lot more) but that was really it. I didn't feel jittery but it's the usual initial feeling of light-headedness and warmth. It didn't last long and within a few minutes my head was starting to feel better. I was surprised this worked so well."

Michelle PInder (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2016