User Reviews for Metoclopramide

Also known as: Maxolon, Metozolv ODT, Reglan

Learn more about Metoclopramide.

Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced 1 reviews 50 medications

Migraine 78 reviews 81 medications

4.3
Summary of Metoclopramide reviews 181 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Metoclopramide

For Migraine: "After suffering the worst migraine of my life (lasted 4 days) I went to my family doctor who sent me to the emergency room. There I was given 3 separate injections in my buttocks...morphine, dexamethasone sodium, and metoclopramide HCL. I had no side effects and felt wonderful within an hour of the injections. At my follow up appointment with my Penn State Hershey doctor, she prescribed Reglan (Metoclopramide) for me to take at the onset of every migraine. I have done this on approx 6 occasions, and I have yet to have migraine. Thank you to the emergency room doctor."

Pattie4444 February 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Gastroparesis: "I use metoclopramide for mild gastroparesis flare ups, as I've had Type 1 Diabetes for 27 years. It works wonders on moving food through my stomach! The only side effect I've had is tiredness after taking it, but it doesn't hit me all the time. When I take it before I eat I don't vomit or experience nausea. This is especially great since I love salad and I can't eat it without metoclopramide. Great drug! :-)"

T1Dstrong February 20, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I went to the ER for extreme neck and head pain. They said they were going to treat me with a headache cocktail. The nurse shot 3 medicines in me quickly. The first was reglan. Immediately after she put this in my iv I felt an intense pressure in my chest and I could barely breathe. I began to feel so restless and jittery. I wanted to jump up and rip the IV out and run. I tried to lay there and calm down but I felt terrible intense anxiety and worried I was going to die. I felt panic like never before. I thought something was wrong with me, I'm so glad I'm not alone. I'll never agree to this medicine again, and my head still hurt when I left!"

Shelee (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "This medicine is horrible. My doctor switched me to this from zofran because of constipation. I took this 1 time and it is causing severe anxiety, blurred vision, irritability and an overall weird and bad feeling all over. I needed a medication for severe pregnancy nausea and this did absolutely nothing but make me feel horrible. It also made my headaches worse. I am throwing the remainder of the pills in the trash bc that it what they are."

MrsKP (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: "I was going to my family doctor for heartburn and try to every prescription in the book for my indigestion come to find out I had Hodgkin's lymphoma cancer. Then when taking chemo I was getting nauseated and still had the indigestion even worse my hematologist put me on this drug and I praise it to this day it's the best thing out there. I am currently in remission but still side effects from the cancer and chemo so I have indigestion problems and as long as I take it before meals and before bedtime I no longer have indigestion"

Sean McCoy (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Migraine: "I have suffered from migraines for 43 years. I just recently went to the ER for intractable migraine, 3 days of constant excruciating pain. They started an IV and gave me the "migraine cocktail " of Benedryl and Reglan.... let me tell you this medicine combo made me freak out. I was jittery, restless and out of my mind. The 1st time I got it ,( I work at this hospital as a CT tech) I was alone and when no one was looking I pulled my IV out and left the hospital getting into my car and drove home. to this day I am amazed I didn't have a car accident. The 2nd time I went to the ER ( my husband drove me ) they gave me the same med cocktail and I freaked out again. Now realizing that this is not what I should be given ! Terrible experience"

Baileysmom29 (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "All these negative posts about reglan sounds like it's from the same person. I have seen reglan work wonders and help people get their life back. It's a great drug if used properly."

Lisa RN forever 63 (taken for 10 years or more) February 6, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Lactation Augmentation: "Took it while breastfeeding to help increase my milk production. While it worked for that, it also put me into a severe depression, which I had never experienced before. My family and doc were convinced I was suffering from PPD (just the phrase, "How are you?" would send me sobbing). After doing a little research, I learned of the side-effect and stopped taking it. The symptoms ceased almost immediately. About 2 weeks later, as my milk production slowed, I thought I'd give it another try (thinking I'd be able to combat the feelings, now that I knew the cause). Within a few hours I could literally feel the black cloud of depression descend. It was terrifying. I never took another pill, and have never had another bout of depression."

Jojohanna (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Migraine: "I suffer from migraines, and every time I get one, I got to stay in the hospital every time and nothing works, been to neurologist and still nothing... Not 1 medication works, I get cluster and status migraines.. :("

Briannaa (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I went to E R with a Migraine I had had for about 4 days. I was given this medication. I was in so much pain. I was so Anxious. I told them I was still in pain. My blood pressure was going up and down. I will never let the give this to me again. I was there 6 hours and let with no relief. I felt like I was tortured . Reglan and Benadryl"

Tedmirgrane suffer January 23, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I've been taking this medication for almost 3 years now, and never had one side effect or anything but relief. I get severe headaches and ontop of that, stomach/intestional infections frequently. This is the only medicine that helps with the vomiting and nausea. And believe me, I've taken EVERYTHING in between when dealing with my issues. Reading all these comments about everyone's bad reactions is really surprising to me. I guess it affects everyone differently sometimes."

August Winterman January 23, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Don't ever take Reglan. It is an old school antipsychotic that was given to severely ill patients such as schizophrenics. It's like Haldol. It blocks dopamine receptors and can cause movement disorders. These uneducated, idiot doctors that hand these out for headaches and stomache conditions, should lose their licenses. It's disgusting. NEVER take them.."

Reglan Is An Antipsychotic (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "Visited the ER due to intense migraine lasting 7 days with 4 impacted wisdom teeth coming in. Face swollen, migraine and intense anxiety went to a different hospital and was hoping for something that WORKED, But got the reglan/benedryl cocktail which made me freak out like a idoit and I cried for anxiety meds when a new doctor came in and denied me anything else and called me a pill popper, although the only meds I'm taking are for my teeth pain (antibiotic and a steroid) and also continued to be rude while still having an outrageous migraine. Home now...hours later...with a migraine still......"

Chelseabergstresser January 8, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I went to the hospital for a bad migraine that at the time lasted 3 days. The worst I've ever had. They gave me a cocktail of raglin and benadryl through my IV. Within a minute my chest felt like it was burning. I couldn't breath, my blood pressure skyrocketed. They administered the benadryl and still no help. My chest felt heavy and I thought I was going to die. I couldn't move, talk or anything. They put oxygen on my face and called the Dr in to see me. He then administered valium STAT, then I began to calm down. They said that the nurse administered the Raglin to fast causing the side effects. After about 4 hours in the ER they Sent me home. At least I left with the migraine gone! But never again will I allow Ragin to be administered to me!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "had it long back for 6months 1/2 tab twice a day for stomach infection with other medicine . Realized very late that I was allergic to this medicine. felt like ending my life. depressed."

arjun5 December 22, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Migraine: "I went to the emergency room with the worst headache ever and after getting results from a MRI that showed nothing significant the nurse came to me with the cocktail of REGLAN and BENEDRYL!!! Right away I started with convulsions that I could not control. It was my worst experience ever. I'm pretty sure that the reason they are giving REGLAN is to keep us migraine sufferers from ever going back to the emergency room. To me severe pain is an emergency but to the doctors and hospital staff we are a bother. Oh yes also a bother to the insurance companies. I wil never go back to the ER for head pain. I got the message!!!!"

Reglander December 20, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Migraine: "I've been dealing with migraines for the pass 30 plus years and this concoction of Raglan, Toradol and Benadryl is the best if given right and not to fast into your iv."

migraine fighter (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 19, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Went to the e.r for a really bad stomach virus. They have me reglan trying to stop the vomiting. I felt like I was freezing. My boyfriend stacked 10 blankets on me. I felt something was terribly wrong, I RIPPED MY I.V OUT AND STARTED RUNNING OUT THE HOSPITAL. I thought I lost my mind. After they grabbed me and knocked me out with benadryl I slept for 24 hours. STOP GIVING THIS MEDICINE!"

Why are they still giving this (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "Due to chronic pain I take a lot of meds to begin with. I ended up in the hospital with a severe migraine that I'd already had for a few days (among other things). Morphine wasn't helping, not even Dilauded helped. I don't know who made the switch, but finally at the end of the second day a nurse came in to give me the Raglan, Toradol, Benadryl combo. Oh how I loved her after that. It burned slightly going into my IV (but Potassium burned a hell of a lot more) but that was really it. I didn't feel jittery but it's the usual initial feeling of light-headedness and warmth. It didn't last long and within a few minutes my head was starting to feel better. I was surprised this worked so well."

Michelle PInder (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Migraine: "I went to the ER with a terrible migraine. No warning of side effects, and while I was anticipating relief from the migraine the complete opposite and possibly even worse happened..It started with a little fidgeting and not being able to get comfortable in the hospital bed, and then I went from 0 to 60 as far as a freak out. I have never felt like that before my life and it was quite possibly the worst feeling ever. I was alone in the hospital because my husband had to be home with the kids and it was so frightening. I wanted to crawl out of my skin,my heart was racing and I was clawing at my face,and I had uncontrollable full body movements.I wanted it to stop and all I kept asking for was help and for someone to make it stop. NEVER AGAIN!"

LayBan November 30, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Gastroparesis: "Reglan is the worst medication that I have ever taken. I became mentally unstable a few days after taking it for Gastroparesis. It relieved my nausea somewhat, but at the worst point dealt with suicidal ideation. I have many friends who also have dealt with similar things. Absolutely not worth it, go with a diet modification for relief instead."

Colby Grey November 25, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I was inpatient in the hospital for a 5 day migraine. I was given Reglan and benadryl thru IV several times over a 4 day hospital stay and it helped the migraines in mins. I want you to understand how miserable I was. I had to have the curtains always drawn, couldn't watch TV or listen to music, and the room always felt like it was spinning. l noticed that when they administer the benadryl, it burns when given thru IV. I had competent nurses who administered it slowly to prevent intense burning. I also noticed after both were administered, I felt like I needed to move around, so my fingers and legs twitched a little, but not too much. It helped more than anything, and I'm really happy it was there as an option."

Laraaa (taken for less than 1 month) November 25, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I have given this through IV at the hospital for migraine without being warned of side effects. Within 15 minutes my entire body felt like it was on fire and I felt unbearably agitated and insane. I was writhing in the bed and gripping at my face and they told me it would pass. It took a benadryl and about 45 minutes to calm down. Reglan was probably the scariest experience of my life."

Nightmare Drug (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I was given a cocktail of reglan and Benadryl for a migraine at the ER. Within no time the migraine was gone, but a few minutes later I got an awful panic attack. I thought was going to die. I wanted to rip the iv out of my arm. When this happened my boyfriend got the doctor and she said this happens to about 50% of people. Since I'm so small they started with only a half dose of Benadryl to make me sleep, but after I couldn't sleep because of the side effects from reglan they gave me the other half dose. I am lucky to have had my bf there to get a nurse and calm me, and I'm lucky they could give me more Benadryl. I will not take this medicine again. If you have to take reglan bring someone to help you, but I suggest not taking this at all."

Adago November 12, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for GERD: "A word to the wise be sure the Doc. knows what medicines you are on before you take this medicine. I have acid reflux really bad. Went to the ER couldn't breathe, lost my voice, felt like I had an extremely tight chest. They diagnosed me with Gurd, I said I think I have caught the stomach bug. The ER Dr. gave me (2) shots of Reglan and a prescription to fill. Next morning I take my first dose spend the next two days confused, anxious, down and depressed. Looked up side effects of Reglan and realized it didn't mix well with the meds that I take daily and I had been given a little to much at once. After taking a couple days of musinex for congestion, mylanta for my stomach, inhaler to breathe 3 days later stomach bug gone!"

69MotherHen (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2016