User Reviews for Metoclopramide

Nausea/Vomiting 3.6
Summary of Metoclopramide reviews 4.1 383 reviews

Reviews for Metoclopramide

S · Taken for less than 1 month July 24, 2020

For Nausea/Vomiting: “Given metoclopramide in hospital to control gastro and vomiting. Extreme panic attack, nurses ended up holding me down which was traumatic. Never had this reaction to other drugs. Am anxious by nature, wish this had been considered during admission! But I was overseas.”

Bobby July 22, 2020

Reglan (metoclopramide) for GERD: “Today I took one pill & I swear I felt like my life was over & was very depressed. Went to the ER to get rid of side effects with Benadryl.”

Anonymous June 10, 2020

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: “I was in hospital after birth of my son. I was given Reglan after my Tubal for nausea and it almost was the end of me. I was highly allergic. There were 2 nurses in my room talking and I couldn’t even communicate with them that something was wrong. I had my phone in my hand and luckily my dr had text me earlier and was able to text 911 to her and send right at that moment. She immediately contacted the nurse and I was not breathing when the nurse turned around. So scary.”

The Wife · Taken for less than 1 month June 6, 2020

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: “My husband has been type 1 diabetic since age 7. He's suffered from stomach issues for the last 10 years. Our doctor started him on Reglan for gastroparesis and it has made a drastic difference in our lives! He was vomiting for 3 days straight about every 3 weeks, almost like clock work. He's lost so much weight. But Reglan has helped him tremendously. He's been on it for about month.”

Jenna May 20, 2020

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: “I went to the ER for a migraine. They gave me a migraine concoction and after they put it in my IV I started having the scariest panic attack of my life. I suffer with anxiety disorder and panic attacks, but never this extreme. I kept feeling as if I was dying and I kept telling the nurse I don’t want to die. I could not shake the feeling or calm down no matter how hard I tried and was extremely drugged . They gave me a whole bunch of Benadryl to counteract and told me it has anxiety inducing reactions on some people! I told them before they administered that I have an anxiety disorder and they still gave it to me! It took me almost an hour to calm down! I do not recommend it!”

Mic · Taken for less than 1 month May 19, 2020

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Gastroparesis: “Reglan along with zofran almost cured my nausea and allows me to eat! The Reglan is great because I can eat and not feel so nauseated I’m going to throw up half way through. Makes me feel as if I can work through full huge meals. For me those medications for Gastroparesis are 100/100”

Belladonna · Taken for less than 1 month May 14, 2020

Reglan (metoclopramide) for GERD: “DO NOT take this drug... I don't even know hospitals or medical practice's administer this lunatic drug but it should be removed. I was recently in the ER for a very bad acid reflux/GERD flare up and they gave me a GI cocktail, which I'm use to... shortly after, a Reglan/Protonic IV fluid. All was well up until 10 minutes later and I was bugging out! I wanted to jump out of my skin and run out of that hospital. I thought they were going to sedate me, and throw me into a psychiatric unit... It was terrible!!!! I already suffer from anxiety so literally it was anxiety on STEROIDS. I never want to experience that ever again, and I'm still suffering with small side effects from the meds... I'll never be the same”

Workingirl8 May 10, 2020

For Nausea/Vomiting: “My daughter is 8 weeks pregnant and was prescribed maxolon for morning sickness. A few hours after taking it she had a feeling of anxiety and couldn't concentrate on anything. She was wandering aimlessly around the house not knowing what to do. She would try to sit down but couldn't settle. Later that day she experienced a full blown panic attack. Couldn't breath, trembling, cramps. She went straight to her doctor who did not connect the symptoms to the medication. Her husband asked them to call the ambulance however the hospital did not make the connection either sending her for CT scan and blood tests. Over the next week or so she was in a constant state of anxiety unable to care properly for herself or her son. Unable to drive or be left alone. She had 2 more visits to her doctor who diagnosed panic disorder and referred her to a psychologist. After doing our own research she has stopped taking maxolon and is beginning to feel normal again.”

LTuc May 9, 2020

For Nausea/Vomiting: “I always have adverse reactions to metoclopramide! It causes me to feel restless, jittery, anxious & vomit more, these effects last 24hrs. Zofran or Doxylamine for nausea & vomiting are better options for me that do not have those awful side effects & work well like they should!”

Anon · Taken for less than 1 month May 8, 2020

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: “I was given this through an IV when I was in the ER for horrible nausea and it was the worst medication I’ve ever been on. It made me feel super jittery and just so confused and anxious. I wouldn’t recommend anyone to try this. Definitely ask for something else if at all possible like ondansetron or zofran.”

Anonymous May 8, 2020

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: “Within minutes of being given the Reglan I had sweltering hot feeling come over me. I began to panic and become restless. The more I watched the clock slowly tick by and tried not to focus on the impending doom feeling the worse it got. I wanted to rip the IV out of my arm. Between the anxiety, wanting to run for the hills, and my pounding heart in my chest it was a miracle I didn’t scream bloody murder. This went on for a good 30 minutes before the feeling subsided and I passed out. Although the medicine made me extremely anxious, it did knock down the nausea. I hope this validates any concerns and past experiences. I do not have a history of psych, but with this medication I don’t believe there requires to be one to make you feel this way. Please do not let a doctor try to tell you that benadryl will make it better and cancel out the anxiety feeling or that you can breathe through it. Trust your instincts and self advocate! Hope this helps!”

Brook May 4, 2020

For Migraine: “I unfortunately just went through all of this again this past Saturday. The same wave of terror hit me as soon as they started the “migraine cocktail”, I even told the guy I’ve been through this before I think I have a bad reaction to whatever drug you’re giving me. He then said I was probably just a Reglan it tends to give people jitters. I said no this is not just jitters it is a full blown panic attack, is there anything you can take to counteract what you just gave me and he just said no. We can’t give you anything for jitters here. Four hours of anxiety feeling like I’m freezing having to Pee every few minutes diarrhea heart racing trouble breathing feelings of doom and the thought of wanting to run out of the hospital all of these feelings came back. Why are they giving people this medication and not explaining the side affects??”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 3, 2020

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: “They gave me a migraine cocktail as well and the ER with relgan and benadryl and I was fine at first. Then when I went home it started my jaw felt like it was swollen and I bleed for days when I use the bathroom and lost weight it do feels like so wrong with you and they need to take thus medicine off the market for sure. I had to warm up some Pedialyte and drink it just to get some electrolyte back and me and my throat feels like its on fire. Next time I will search the side effects why and hospital and read people respond to the medicine.”

Mkn May 3, 2020

For Gastroparesis: “metoclopramide is a dangerous drug, I stopped taking it after week, still getting a lot anxiety insomnia which I never had before, made be think I am going insane. don't risk it .”

Sarah H May 2, 2020

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: “I have about 15 migraines/months with status migraine at least once per season. This is actually an improvement from daily incapacitating migraines. There are a lot of empty promises/side effects w/ migraine drugs and often not a lot of relief. Reglan for me was OK for me. I did not get a ton of side effects, but I found that it does help me break status migraine at home after I found it effective with the Migraine Cocktail in the ER. It's not the immediate "out of migraine now" feeling. I find that after I take 3 or 4 doses my migraines taper off out of status within a few (2-3) days. I hate the ER- but I like to incorporate successes in my at home routine after discussing with my neuro. I know that feeling of wanting to rip out the IV. I'd check to see if it was being pushed with a steroid. If you had a rough time in the ER but it broke your migraine cycle ,I'd talk to your doc about incorporating this in your migraine relief toolbox. It's not perfect but worth a shot.”

nsmith194 April 30, 2020

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: “On April 28, 2020 I went to the ER for gastrointestinal problems due to bloating and nausea. The ER doctor injected Reglan in my IV without telling me the side effects of the medication. After she injected meds, I started to feel anxious, antsy, and I wanted to rip my Iv out of my arm. I couldn’t pick my phone up to call anyone. I felt I was going to die and lose control. This meds is no good.”

Flannelman · Taken for 10 years or more April 28, 2020

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Gastroparesis: “Been on metoclopromide 10 mg (Generic replan)3x daily for over 10 years for GP. When I don’t take it my nausea is so bad I cannot eat. I cannot function without it. I have tried most common nausea meds, and it’s the only thing that helps! I’ve had developed the hand twitches from taking 10mg 3 times a day. But I found by taking a 1/2 pill every 4-6 hours keeps my nausea under control and no tremors”

Gg · Taken for less than 1 month April 27, 2020

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Gastroparesis: “This stuff saved my life! I was unable to keep food down for months due to messing my body up from an eating disorder, and this turned me right around. I am so thrilled I found this medication. I'm not sure I could've recovered without it.”

Jc146 · Taken for less than 1 month April 26, 2020

For Migraine: “I went to ER with a hypertensive crisis. Once they got my BP stable my severe headache was still very persistent so the doctor prescribed metoclopramide and benedryl. Unlike many others here, I had absolutely no anxiety to the reglan. My headache was alleviated within 15 minutes and within a few hours I was able to go home.”

Superlove222 April 18, 2020

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: “Second pregnancy, diagnosed with Hyperemesis Gravadarum (severe morning sickness) I’m the natural queen when it comes to medications and treatment but this was something I knew I needed help with! I was first prescribed Zofran, the first hospital stay and it didn’t help at all! Fast forward 3rd visit to hospital I was prescribed Reglan in my IV and at first I started to feel antsy, could not stay still and my mask (due to covid-19 pandemic we all have to wear them) I felt I was suffocating!!! I was extremely hot as well, it lasted until about 15 minutes after meditation, I must say that Reglan has help tremendously with this sickness!!! It really saved me. If you can get past the first dose and the weird side affects of anxiety this medicine really helps with nausea/vomiting . If your morning sickness isn’t to bad I would refrain from taking any medications. Hopes this helps.”

Andrea April 12, 2020

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: “I was 2 months pregnant and losing weight. My Ob|Gyn prescribed Reglan and since then my life changed. After two weeks of taking it, I woke up with a panic attach. The first one I ever had. I emailed my doctor, and she said, it’s normal you are "hormonal” the symptoms started with that panic attack then I was afraid of the dark, I was unable to be alone, lack of sleep, my brain thinking extremity fast, no connection between my body and brain. My appetite started to disappear and I had one moment of clear thinking and went to the ER. The doctor told me I had Akathisia induced by Reglan. When that happened my self confidence, character, independence and happiness were gone. To make this story short, I saw a Psychiatrist, Attended therapy, Yoga, and what I believe saved me, acupuncture! My parents moved to my house to stayed with me, I retrained my brain and the panic attacks started to disappear.”

Q · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 11, 2020

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: “Hello, I'm not sure if Reglan good or bad because when I take it I still feel freaking sick at other times I'm good. I cried this morning cause I feel like I have no relief to my morning sickness, I'm not having no more kids”

han · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 7, 2020

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: “I went to the ER with a migraine so bad I couldn't even walk. I got hooked up to an IV that gave me the “migraine cocktail“ (reglan, benadryl). I felt the most terrible anxiety I have ever felt in my life. I felt like I was trapped. I kept twitching and fixating on the IV in my arm. I begged and begged and begged for them to take it out. I was prescribed reglan alone to take when my migraines got bad again. I didn't know it was the reglan that made me feel this way at first so I started taking it when I felt a migraine coming on. I will never take this medication again. It is the most terrible feeling in the world. Your heart races and you feel like you're being held down, like you are being put in a near death scenario. I hate you reglan!!”

C · Taken for less than 1 month March 24, 2020

For Migraine: “Awful medication, I still can't get over the reaction I had to it. Went to the ER on Friday because I'm 9 months pregnant and my BP had skyrocketed. I only had a small headache, but they insisted on giving me this Reglan rubbish and benadryl via iv. As soon as it went into my system a nightmare broke loose. I felt dizzy, panicked, and started to shiver badly. Fight or flight kicked in and I almost ripped the IV out. My poor husband just kept saying "just calm down" yeah right..I was sure they were trying to kill me and my baby and I just kept saying "I want to go home" and "get this sh*t out of me, their killing me." Finally the nurse came back, saw what was happening and flushed the IV line all while nonchalantly telling me about how another patient had this reaction n ripped their clothes off. Nice! I felt better after the flush in about 5 minutes. After this I will insist on knowing what drugs they give me. No reglan or metaclopramide ever. Ban this stuff!”

R · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 10, 2020

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Lactation Augmentation: “I was prescribed Reglan drops to increase breast milk. I was at work one day and had a wave of fear and anxiety overcome me to the point I had to be hospitalized. The horror of a side effect lasted about 2 weeks. It was the darkest, most perverse feeling I have ever felt- I feel like the word anxiety doesn’t encompass the full terror this drug caused.”