User Reviews for Metoclopramide

Nausea/Vomiting
4.3

Summary of Metoclopramide reviews 4.8 258 reviews

Reviews for Metoclopramide

For Migraine: "I got to the ER with migraine headache post concussion, the first thing they gave me was an IV push of Reglan, that worked like a charm for the migraine, but it did give me a terrible reaction of anxiety and I couldn't sit still, I wanted to take my IV off and run. Thankfully the nurse had walked in and I was explaining what I was feeling and he quickly called the doctor, and they gave me a big dose of Benadryl that within 5 minutes I want to say took the anxious feeling way. The doctor said that in the Hospital they know this condition as the "get up and go" condition. He said that I should let any other doctor know that if they do need to give me Reglan again It should be given with a dose of Benadryl as well. He also warned that my children might have the same reaction to the medicine as well."

Ali (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2018

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given this med for severe morning sickness with my beautiful twins. I spent an entire night in absolute terror as I had racing thoughts. Instead of a controllable stream of thought, my thoughts were like a freight train running over me. I was completely frantic by the time it wore off. Never took another dose, memorized the name to make sure I never take it again."

mamamichele (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2018

For Migraine: "The reason so many of these reviews are negative with reports of anxiety is because the reglan wasn’t mixed into an IV fluid bag and instead pushed... the nurses in all those ERs should have known not to push IV reglan. Always ask to check drug interactions with a care provider that can’t clearly state the possible side effects. Also, they should just know"

Anonymous August 11, 2018

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Just to make others aware, I also had very negative reactions to this medicine. I was given it before a lower back surgical procedure to prevent nausea. Within probably less than 2 minutes after having Reglan injected into an IV, I went from totally normal to hyperventilating and having extreme paranoia almost to the point of hallucinations. I became angry, threatening, and confrontational with EVERYONE around me including strangers, ripped out my IV tubing, and ran out of the hospital. It wore off about 30 minutes later and I returned to the hospital and apologized profusely and continued with pre-surgery items. Nurses told me they see similar side effects of anxiety and people "wanting to leave urgently" but never as extreme as it was for me. I now list it as an allergy, and would warn anyone to stay away from it."

spinalt (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2018

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "Entered ER with severe debilitating headache. Presented Doctor with headache journal and list of medications prescribed over the past 1-1\2 years. I was offered Benadryl\Renga cocktail. Never heard of this combination before and since my BP was high, I had CT w/out contrast. Point is it did NOT work and after 4+ plus hours I knew the medical staff was not interested in compassionate care that is effective and we agreed I would leave. It would have been helpful to have an explanation of this cocktail in greater detail so I could have found this forum and reviewed similar posts prior to acceptance."

Domer (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2018

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Gastroparesis: "Worked like a dream for me"

Joan (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Prescribed for morning sickness, I have never felt so restless and anxious in my life. I had to go to hospital due to shortness of breath. I prefer to have the morning sickness symptoms than the side effects of this medication."

Tea (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2018

For Gastroparesis: "I took this medication for 9 days after my husband and I were warned of the possible serious side effects. One morning I awoke with severe shaking and tremors along with confusion. It's been nearly 45 days and I'm still experiencing the confusion but the shaking and tremors are greatly reduced. It's really bad when a person who is an active reader and who used to knit, sew and crochet can't pick a book, knitting needles, the sewing machine or a crochet hook and concentrate. Words used over a life time don't come. I hate this feeling and inability function as I once did."

Gravel Gertie (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I am currently 6 weeks pregnant and have debiliting HG (Hyperemesis gravidarum ) morning sickness I found out I was pregnant at 3.5 weeks pregnant! I have taken metaclopromide before and was prescribed it today...WOW, I have my life back and I am so grateful I can eat and drink now. I don't feel the medication affects my mental health. I'm just so glad that it works!"

Anxious_Cuddles (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 23, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I'd had 16 months of nausea and vomiting due to gastroparisis and metoclopramide reduced the vomiting as it helps food pass through the gut quicker... however........ It is not meant to be used for more than a week and with the side effects we aren't just talking dry mouth we are talking serious irreversible movement disorders where you lose control of limbs and head. I took it for 6 months before someone removed it while I was in for a hospital stay. I was cross as it controlled the sickness well but when the side effects were explained I fully agreed with the decision I never new that was a possible side effect. If that had happened I'd be far worse off than just sickness. I stopped taking the medicine the nauesa and vomiting returned more than ever but all the aches and pains that had gradually crept on dissappeared virtually over night. I was struggling with getting my neck comfortable enough to sleep that again went in 24 hours of stopping"

A (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 19, 2018

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I’m shocked to see so many people had bad reactions! I have SEVERE vomiting at the beginning of my pregnancy with my twins. I had lost 20 pounds in a matter of weeks and was totally unable to keep anything down. Eventually I was taken to the ER because I lost consciousness due to dehydration. They first gave me Reglan at the emergency room and it worked WONDERS. I was on it until about 16 weeks and was able to start eating and drinking and have had a healthy pregnancy since. I had no side effects other than it making me a little sleepy."

Twinmomma34 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I developed hyperemesis gravidarum in my first pregnancy. It was awful! Couldn't go to work, cook, do any outside activities, and I was also blacking out a lot from dehydration from the vomiting. My doctor gave me metoclopramide, and IMMEDIATELY I started feeling better. I could stand on my own, keep food down, and go outside! The only side effect I had from it was sleepiness (about 20min after taking it, and for only 10 min). Otherwise, I felt like a completely normal person - even being pregnant. Life saver for me."

Kels (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2018

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I went to the hospital for hypertension which caused an excruciating headache. I was given benedryl + reglan & almost immediately started to feel strange. I couldn’t sit still, I got hot and sweaty, and wanted to stand up but I couldn’t due to the IV’s. I was screaming to unhook me and just wanted to leave. I couldn’t shake the feeling that I needed to go home. I felt like I was dying. I became paranoid and anxious to the point I ripped the IV out of my hand-blood was dripping everywhere & the sight of it made me vomit. It was a huge mess and I couldn’t calm down. I finally just ran right out the hospital & went home. Now I know by reading it was definitely a reaction to the reglan and I am definitely adding it to my drug list of absolute intolerance . It didn’t take my headache away and caused the worse panic attack I have ever had when I don’t have a history of panic attacks. Seems to me you should be warned about these types of side effects before hand."

Anonymous May 12, 2018

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I’ve had migraines for over 30 years. It took a few ER visits for me to realize that reglan took away my nausea, took the edge off my pain (never completely took it away) but made me PARANOID and ANXIOUS!!!!! I tell them I’m allergic because I will never take it again. Torodol is great! The injection burns but the migraine relief begins in less than 10 minutes. Pain is gone in 20 minutes. I ask for it by name!!"

PJ May 2, 2018

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I will never in my life allow this to be administered to be ever again in life. On 04/20/2018, I went to the ER for a severe Migraine. The RN gave me a cocktail of to toradal and then the Reglan. About 30 seconds later the nurse walked out and I began to experience a strong intense feeling of fear, anxiousness, and anxiety. I wanted to rip the IV out of my arm and run all the way home. I never want to feel like that again...NEVER!!!!!!!"

Ebby (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2018

For Migraine: "It helped me a lot with migraine and nausea that was due to medication I already take. After one hour no migraine!"

Sonicom (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I took this drug in my pregnancy to stop nausea and vomiting. The drug caused depression and dark thoughts. I stopped taking this drug."

Vchauha (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2018

For Migraine: "Same as with all the others. Went to ER for a bad migraine and was given Reglan + Benadryl, Toridol, and a steroid (dexamethasone). The nurse said the Reglan was to stop the nausea and the Benadryl was to “help” the Reglan work. Almost immediately I began shaking uncontrollably. Everyone thought I was having an extreme panic attack, and kept telling me to try to calm down, but I couldn’t stop myself from shaking. It was worse in my legs than anywhere else, and I was really restless, rolling from side to side. I eventually was able to “fall asleep” for about 30 minutes (it wasn’t really sleeping, more like semi-conscious passed out) and the shaking subsided. Still, it was pretty unpleasant. And to top it all off, the migraine came back within 24-hours. Sumatriptan/Imitrex works great for me, so I will insist on it next time I wind up in the hospital for a migraine. I don’t know why they didn’t just use it this time around. The whole Reglan experience was pretty awful."

KTD February 22, 2018

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I had surgery on my nose and was given Reglan afterwards because of nausea. This was a terrible mistake, I immediately felt jittery and so restless like I could run a marathon. Thankfully I was still tired that I fell asleep not long after. A few months later I went to the ER after vomiting all night and the nurse injected something into my IV without telling me exactly what it was and I got the same feelings all over again they had to give me something to reverse it and this time I asked for the name of the drug so I can make sure it’s never given to me again."

Cocodee (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2018

For Migraine: "Yip I don't like this drug. I developed akathisia after being administered 10mg intravenously in the ER last year in January. The akathisia initially lasted 372 days and I’m feeling it come back after a one month hiatus. It’s a horribly frustrating condition that I do not wish on anyone. I’d recommend not using Reglan if you have a history of mental illness."

Nick18383929 February 14, 2018

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Gastroparesis: "After zofran and phenergan stopped working I was given reglan 5mg for my gastroparesis. At first I was in love pretty much, I was able to eat things I haven't ate in years. I took it for about 4 weeks, I had terrible mood swings, stomach cramps, insomnia, and extreme fatigue. But I wasn't worried about it I was able to eat. I actually lost weight. Now all of a sudden it stopped working, I started getting severally bloated slowly then the nausea started. I wish it still worked. Even after my Dr upped my dose to 10mg it still stopped."

Shanny116 January 31, 2018

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given reglan for nausea for pregnancy and within minutes I felt like I was going crazy. I was super jittery and sweating like a pig. I felt like ripping my IV out and running home. I couldn’t even pee. Took a few hours for it to go away and it was horrible."

Jazzy1988 January 27, 2018

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "Twice now I've been given the "cocktail" in the ER for migraines. The first time, I was ready to get the hell out of the hospital as soon as the headache was gone, I was so ready to go. Yesterday, I flipped out SO bad! I was screaming begging for someone to help me, that I was losing my mind. My Mom had to climb onto the bed and hold me while I freaked out. They finally gave me some atarax to calm me down. Atarax in itself is a whole new story."

Boogsie January 8, 2018

For Gastroparesis: "My stomach doctor put me on this medicine. Having tons of trouble with my stomach since my gallbladder and Gastric Sleeve Surgery. I am in constant pain. I take prozac for ptsd, depression and anxiety. I am willing to try new meds. This stuff made my skin crawl. I had the WORST panic attack I have ever experienced. It made my stomach hurt worse. Felt dizzy and couldn't think right. Gave me a bad headache. Worst ever. I was taken to the ER where I was given Ativan and then some valium. Stopped taking it and within a few days everything was ok."

Spunky29 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 5, 2018

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I had to go to the ER after my migraine was on day 4. The doctor refused to give me any pain medications. Instead an order for reglan and benadryl was given. 45 mins later I had to ask if the nurse was going to start the treatment, because I was in pain. She informed me that she had already given when she put the iv in. She notified the doctor. Then the doctor order the imetrex shot. The migraine finally went away . The doctor gave me a script for a shot for home, but the insurance would not cover it. It cost $287 out of pocket for 1 dose. So, I was not able to pick up the medication. That sucks."

Savannah cat January 3, 2018