User Reviews for Metoclopramide

Also known as: Maxolon, Metozolv ODT, Reglan

Learn more about Metoclopramide.

Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced 1 reviews 52 medications

Nausea/Vomiting 61 reviews 160 medications

4.4
Summary of Metoclopramide reviews 208 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Metoclopramide

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Have been on Reglan over 1 year. With Reglan I am again able to participate in physical activity without vomiting and nausea AFTERWARDS. Last week Dr says we still don't know why when I get over heated or stressed I vomit get light sensitive nausea etc. Put me on Zofran, blah feel like rubbish with a constant headache now. What do I do."

Hazer July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I've been to the ER for migraines too many times to count and have been given every kind of drug that can be given. I woke up this morning with a horrific migraine and vomiting and off I went. They gave me the Reglan/Benadryl combo and within less than a minute the pain was gone. I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT! I've never had anything to work so well and so fast. I went home and slept for four hours afterwards. I'm so glad they decided to try this with me."

Anonymous July 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I have pregnancies characterized by extremely severe hyperemesis gravidarum. I spend most of my pregnancy nil by mouth in the hospital and then get a picc line. They gave me Reglan and let me tell you. It made me severely depressed and suicidal. It did not touch my nvp either. The combination of a very adverse reaction to this medicine and malnutrition caused me to terminate my wanted and planned pregnancy. I have dealt with severe hg before and have a 2yo. I did not realize this medicine caused this until recently I was given it before a surgical procedure. It made me out of my mind! I felt like jumping out of my skin. I tried to rip out my IV and leave the hospital! They said it's a common reaction to reglan! Why wasn't I warned?!"

Liliana M July 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Wow there is a lot of negative reviews about this drug...and yes every drug effects every one differently. But I was reading how people got anxiety and horrible depression from it, for me I never got that but I'm already on anti depressant and anti anxiety medication so that could be it...I never got any side effects from it it worked AMAZINGLY for vomiting and feeling nauseous...it was the only thing that worked for me!! I do give it 10/10 for sure. :)"

Leahbobeah90 (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "Went to ER with terrible migraine and vomiting. I was given the cocktail of Reglan and Benedryl. I have ended up having worst reaction ever and scared to death. MY heart beat went to 140+, I had uncontrolled muscle movement, dizziness, had a feeling I was going to pass out, my limbs were shaking enormously, I couldn't produce words to explain what was happening either!"

O.K. (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "Went to the ER for high blood pressure and was having a bad headache as well. Was given regalin cocktail and afterwards I have had the worse anxiety ever. I wanted to rip the I've out of my arm and run out of there. I will never let them give me those meds again."

A.A. (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Got tons of side effects Tiredness Restless Drowsiness Stiffness Fast heartbeat The list goes on"

Daebo June 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "IM injections of Reglan helped to relieve my nausea and vomiting that resulted from serious side adverse effects from an antibiotic."

TomJann June 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine: "I've had chronic migraines for a few years and whenever I go to the ER they gave me this combination the Benadryl, torodal and the Reglan it makes you feel anxious that's why they add the Benadryl into it but I've never had any negative side effects I take daily medication to keep my migraines at bay but sometimes that doesn't work so if I have a migraine for more than 3 days and I go to the ER and they gave me the give me this cocktail and it works awesome I've never had any negative side effects personally from this medication but I'm reading these comments and other people are saying that they did they do warn you in the ER that it might makes you feel a little anxious for me that anxiousness goes away in about 30min"

Lisa H. May 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Lactation Augmentation: "I took 5 mg of Reglan one day and two 2.5 mg the next day. About four days later my eyes started twitching and I had muscle twitches throughout my whole body. What is worse is that some of the medicine must have passed to my daughter in my breastmilk and I worry about her having side effects. It is black boxed labeled for tardive dyskinesia in Canada and in the US. It is a very powerful drug and I am crossing my fingers that I won't have twitches for the rest of my life. Please do not take this drug, especially just to be able to breastfeed your baby. Formula is way safer for you and your baby. There are so many other ways to increase lactation than resorting to this drug. The clinical studies are not even sure that it helps"

Jade3133 (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Was in hospital following surgery and was given Reglan IV to control nausea when zofran didn't work. I developed intermittent atrial fibrillation. My nurse and I both noticed my heart would be fine until sometime after my shot of Reglan. She called hospital pharmacist who said it was feasible Reglan could cause cardiac trouble. Once Reglan was withheld, the afib stopped. It certainly helped the nausea, but not good to wind up with afib."

4IdBlonde May 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I have sickle cell disease so in addition to severe pain I have bouts of nausea/vomiting. I was given Reglan in the ER; within 5 min I felt extreme agitation, restlessness, dripping sweat & shaking uncontrollably. I begged the nurse to tell the doctor I was having a reaction. She did but with very little urgency, instead telling me to get back in the stretcher but I couldn't due to sweating, shaking & needing to pace. I was sent for a chest X-ray but the tech sent me back saying she was uncomfortable handling me in this state. I again pleaded with the nurse to call the doctor. He finally came & I was given benedryl to reverse the effects. I felt calmer but it took a while for the shaking to stop. Nurse & doctor acted like I was crazy smh."

Shaina A May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was in the Emergency Room for a kidney stone and was given a couple medications in my IV. I told the nurse that I was becoming very nauseous and needed something to prevent myself from vomiting. She came back with a syringe and thought it was Zofran. The nurse began pushing the medication and said that she was administering Reglan. About 2 minutes later, my chest felt extremely tight, I couldn't stop moving my legs or hold still. I had an extreme urge to rip my IV out and run... and run... and run... I had a feeling of anxiety unlike anything I have ever felt before. It wasn't your typical 'butterflies', this was like I wanted to escape my skin or just end it all right there. I would much rather be dead than to feel the way Reglan felt."

Josh95 May 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For GERD: "Only took one pill. The next morning the room around was movind back and forth. Scared me. I threw the rest away. I took this as a warning and in my opinion it should be taken off the market."

Itises May 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given reglan about two months ago to subside the vomiting that came along with hyperemesis gravidarum from my pregnancy. While it fixed that issue, it gave me the worst depression. I don't want to leave my bed, shower, or take care of myself or anything else. I'm letting go of this drug tomorrow."

Ashbrooke (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "Jim. I've had migraines for over 60 years. Currently, they are frequent but not debilitating as in the past. I'm an anomaly, having migraines at my age (77). My doctor prescribed Reglan Pills with 6 hours between doses. Sometimes it helps, sometime not. It's not my go-to Med but I use it because I don't want the others sometimes. I suspect high doses given quickly Can cause problems some have. Maybe my doctor, a stroke specialist who also has migraines, may be better informed than those prescribing high dose quick injections. There are emergency rooms in my area that I wouldn't let someone take me even with a heart attack. Remember, 50% of docs were in the bottom 1/2 of the class. You don't know where your doc was."

Anonymous May 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "OMG! This is the first time I have ever seen anyone else besides myself have an issue like this with Reglan. The first time I got it was while waiting to have surgery and the longer I sat there, the more panic stricken I became til I was just sure if I stayed I was going to die in surgery so I pulled the IV, got dressed and went home. When it wore off I felt crazy so called nurse at ay surgery and she said it happens frequently and we should try again using plain saline, not even ringers solution. I was fine the second time around. I also get it from Compazine, phenergan and ativan. They call this reaction Akathesia. ER gave me Cogentin and a couple of xanax and it was gone in 15 minutes. AWful, awful feeling!"

n2braves (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine: "Pls if you're reading this do not let ANY doctor give you reglan. I'm 20 years old and I was going to the ER for an awful migraine and the nurse came in and out the reglan in my arm. As soon as I felt the reglan enter into my arm I felt an awful burning sensation everywhere, I looked at the nurse and he said I shouldn't be feeling any burning. I got a awful feeling and looked at my mum and said something doesn't feel right I started panting like a dog and I couldn't calm down. Then I jumped up and screamed on top of my lungs because I couldn't breathe and I couldn't even see straight. I was convinced I was going to die. This experience still haunts me to this day and was so awful that it caused an anxiety disorder,wish it never happened"

lexiiiii2402 May 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I had been treated in ER for migraine and received tordol and some other anti nausea meds and I did wonderfully, then 2 mo. Later I went to ER for migraine and they wanted to try something new, tordol and reglan....thought to myself the other treatment worked well, why change it, but ER doc insisted. Tordol in IV great, Reglan went in and I felt it burn up my arm, I became agitated and within 30 seconds said to my husband...I think I'm having a panic attack and then did! I am a medical professional and here I was yelling for the nurses because I thought I was going to die. My poor husband! It was a wild experience of feeling like I was passing out but I was lying down. Felt like I was losing blood flow to my brain. Horrible experience!"

Lblud (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Prescribed reglan at the ER for slow gastric emptying and nausea while pregnant. My third dose is when I had the side effects. Restlessness, agitation, and the feeling of crawling out of my skin. Side effects finally went away after 6 hours. It was awful and I will never take reglan again"

Liz bell (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I'm surprised to see all of the negative comments about the reglan, Benadryl, toradol combo. It's been a life saver for me! When I've gotten a terrible migraine that I couldn't shake, this was the only combo that could help me. I never experienced any bad side effects like the ones people have mentioned. I've been given it several times while at the hospital and it has always gotten rid of my migraines without really any negative side effects. The only thing is that it makes me really sleepy."

Anonymous April 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine: "I'm so relieved to know I'm not alone with this awful "migraine cocktail." I suffer from chronic migraine and had one so bad last week I went to the ER. I told them I'd been twice before for debilitating migraines and dilaudid was the best solution. Instead, they gave me a cocktail of Reglan, Benadryl and Toradol. They injected the whole dose at once and I had the worst uncomfortable, restless, panicky feeling I've ever had. I thought it was Benadryl making me tired but after reading all the reviews on here, it has to be the Reglan. Refuse this terrible drug, even for anti-nausea. I was so restless I almost ripped out the IV. Worst experience ever!"

Heidi Z. March 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I have had nausea for years and nothing worked so my doctor gave me Reglan. At first it worked and I was so happy then the side effects blasted in! I have never been sicker in my life. I was unable to get out of bed. I lost my mind for a long time. I even named the sides of my bed. Right side was chocolate and left was vanilla!. I could not get comfortable. I lost around 100 lbs because I couldn't eat. My kids thought I had gone crazy. THEN the worst side effect, Tardis Dykinesia set in. It is an untreatable disease that caused crazy facial ticks and body movements. This disease NEVER goes away. I have been bed bound for 8 years because of this drug! DON'T TAKE IT!!! It has a black label that warns of the horrible side effect"

mjr9550 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine: "I had a severe Migraine. Pain level 9 when I arrived at the ER. I was given Metoclopramide and Benadryl via IV. Within 30 minutes my pain level went to a 2-3, was released and took ibuprophen to knock out the remainder of the pain. Was virtually pain free within 90 minutes."

APared72 March 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine: "I'm an ER nurse. We use a cocktail of 20 mg metoclopramide with 25 mg diphenhydramine. That's 2 vials of reglan and 1/2 vial of benadryl in a 250ml NS bag. Reglan is the primary medication in this cocktail, benadryl is given to reduce the side effect known as akathisia. Both reglan and benadryl causes drowsiness, hence only half a dose is given. 250ml saline bags are used so we can control the rate of flow of the medication (to infuse slow over 20 minutes, we don't use an IV pump with these medications). Ketorolac is optional. If not given correctly, in most cases infused as a bolus/wide open. This is where the problem occurs. I would say It has a success rate of 80%. I've seen akathesia just twice, I give it cautiously every time."

Jad.RN March 6, 2017