User Reviews for Metoclopramide

Also known as: Maxolon, Metozolv ODT, Reglan

Learn more about Metoclopramide.

Nausea/Vomiting, Postoperative 1 reviews 14 medications

Nausea/Vomiting 43 reviews 159 medications

4.7
Summary of Metoclopramide reviews 147 reviews 5.6

Reviews for Metoclopramide

For Migraine: "I went to ER for a three day migraine after sumatriptan wouldn't work. I was given a cocktail of Benadryl, Reglan, and toradol in an IV. After a few minutes I became very restless and couldn't stop shaking. My pulse and blood pressure skyrocketed. I felt like my head was going to explode. I called the nurse and was given more Benadryl to counteract the Reglan. I slept great for almost 3 hours in the ER and my migraine was gone when I left."

Jo42485 August 21, 2016

For GERD: "As soon as I started taking this medication It instantly made me feel drowsy..I couldn't possibly take the 3 tablets a day I was prescribed due to having to look after toddler. Instead I take 1 tablet an hour before bed. They help me sleep and have done the job wonderfully. Have no more stomach issues when I wake. I am very happy. Only other downside is I think they give me restless legs in bed,which isn't nice,but I'm willing to do anything to feel well"

Milarooni (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "If I could rate this medication 0 I would. I was in the hospital due to a severe migraine while pregnant. They gave me reglan IV and i swear to god it produced the worst dysphoria imaginable. I felt like I wanted to rip my IV out and leave the hospital. I called my fiance up histerically crying begging him to leave work and come pick me up. It gave me a panic attack so severe I still get anxious just thinking about the experience. Reglan should be banned in my opinion. Ive never experienced anything like that in my life. Oh and almost forgot, it made me twitch for about 3 days after having it."

MasonsMomma90 (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I was diagnosed with a migraine. Given Reglan pill and ibuprofen. Didn't really take my headache away until after I got home and time passed I was able to take my Excedrin Migraine. Not sure Reglan worked as well as the good old standby..so no need for me to fill the prescription he also gave me. One was enough.."

G.S. (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2016

For Migraine: "I had a migraine for 3 days. And noticed double vision on day 3. I had my sister to take me to the ER. I was given Metoclopramide in my IV. It worked like a wonder drug. I have a presciption and haven't had any problems. 3 months later I had another migraine took 10g tablet of regular and took a nap. Felt great. Sorry it doesn't work for everyone."

Ruby Senior June 27, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "Had a myelogram on a Friday. By Sunday I had the worst headache in my life! Tried to get through the pain but by Monday morning I was told to go to ER. I told them I had a spinal headache, not my typical migraine. They gave me IV fentanyl which calmed it for 20 minutes. They then gave me the 'cocktail' of Benadryl, Reglan, and Toradol. Within minutes I was shaking violently and couldn't control it. It made me so nauseated. I thought I was going to either have a seizure or a heart attack! It didn't give me any relief at all- not even sleepy. After several unsuccessful pages to anesthesia for a blood patch, I said I had enough and wanted out of there (after more than 6 hours in the ER)."

No way! June 17, 2016

For Migraine: "Horrible.Went into ER for 2 week long headache. Never saw a Doctor the entire time I was there but 3 nurses and a PA. One of the 3 different nurses came into finally administer the "cocktail" from hell. Now I told them I suffer from anxiety, yet I was told it would only cause a warm sensation of being flushed. Well....that's bulls**t. After the first medication benedryl was administered I felt it cold going into my arm. Then the second Raglan which was shoved in my iv rather fast. The nurse asked me ...how are you feeling? I'm um um ok....and BAM it hit me! I felt a burning sensation across my chest...my eyes bugged out...my heart was beating out of my chest...I turned pale...I wanted to rip out my iv and run. And after she did...I ran out."

R Groh (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2016

Maxolon (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Was given maxolon during a SVT episode as I become quite nauseated, reacted terribly. It made me non stop vomit and when vomiting was unable to breathe. Took doctors awhile to figure out what was causing the reaction ended up in ICU for 72 hours..."

Kahara (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I went to ER because of a bad headache due to my blood pressure being up. They gave me Reglan and Benadryl. Within seconds I felt such a rush that I thought that I was having an allergic reaction. I started asking what was wrong with me, what did you give me. I could not lift my head or turn myself over. I felt limp as if I were a rag doll . I thought that I was dying and kept asking my husband to pray for me and call my pastor. This was the worst drug reaction that I ever experienced. I hope others have better results."

Marilyndenise May 21, 2016

For Migraine: "I had the worse migraine when I went to the hospital throwing up the hole nine yeards till they gave me this pill it worked for me with in 20 minutes I was able to go home and go to sleep right after"

Cuddle bunny (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2016

For Gastroparesis: "This instantly cleared up my issues with my stomach not emptying and associated diarrhea with undigested food. I still take it occasionally when I feel food sitting heavily and have not had any side effects at all."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given Reglan pre surgery last month. My daughter was with me and warned me that she had a bad experience with the drug; made her anxious and weird feeling. The nurse said that the chances of me experiencing any symptoms were very low, so I went ahead and let her administer it to me. Bad decision! The side effects were horrifying. I felt the need to leave the hospital and felt super anxious. Luckily they were able to rinse out with saline and the effects subsided. If my daughter wasn't with me to explain, I would have thought I was losing my mind! Never again!"

Not Crazy April 27, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given the medication in tablet form when i was discharged from the hospital. I wil NEVER take this medication again. I was beyond agitation, angry, aggressive, heart rate went though the roof and blood pressure dropped too low. I was shaking and twitching uncontrollabley. I had to be given theee shots of the antidote to reverse the affects. I was in hospital very ill from this for 14 hours."

Sls... April 20, 2016

For Gastroparesis: "I had the nerves in my lower back burned due to several back surgeries. I started this bloating, throwing up and terrible stomach pain. My doctor did a gastric emptying study and yes I have gastropries. After doing tons of research and my great doctor the main way to get this gastropries is from the injury to nerves in the back. It all fell into place. Some days r great some are horrible. My biggest problem is my diet. I am not over weight have lost 25 lbs sense January. I just eat whatever I want then pay later. My biggest problem is the fullness, sometimes it's hard to catch my breath . Does anyone have that problem. Like right now my tummy is just making real weird noises. Anybody have that?"

Peery April 6, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I had my first injection of this on March 31 2016, I'm 50yrs old and have had Migraine, Hypertension attacks 45 yrs and suffered severe Gangrene when I was young. LETTING THEM GIVE ME THIS WAS A BIG MISTAKE FOR ME AND SEEMS OTHER COMMENTERS TOO. I now don't feel so bad at my Uncontrollable action after reading the same results to others. PLEASE READ OTHER COMMENTS IT SAVES ME THE TIME OF TELLING YOU THE SAME THING. That I lost all control UN-COGNITIVELY after the drug was injected, I ripped out IV left still sick. 3 days later I haven't eaten "lost appetite" NO urine strength and left with confused depression."

ULC Minister (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2016

For Migraine: "As a ER paramedic for 5years, critical care medic/firefighter.I want to apologize for those who felt the negative effects of the reglan but given on the correct form the combo is better then any narcotic pain reliever that everybody wants or seems to cure the problem when all it really does is mask the pain. 99% of you all who experienced anxiety, or jittery, anger or what not was due to the reglan being pushed way to fast and probably not properly diluted Example: at my hospital we carry reglan in 10mg/ml so I waste 1 ml of my flush draw it up and now have a 1on1 ratio. always! start Benadryl first, flush/open the fluid treatment, backup. While this is happening your drawing up your reglan then SLOWLY give reglan over 5to8 mins"

Tatertot1292 March 27, 2016

For Migraine: "I thought I was the only one this anxiety attack happened to. I went to the ER for a migraine. I was given Benadryl, Reglan and Toridol. I felt a burning feeling, then a sudden high. Next thing you know my heart start racing I was so scared Was shaking from being extremely cold. When I called the Nurse he looked at me as if I was crazy. I prayed myself to sleep. Horrible experience."

Nelly81 March 18, 2016

For Migraine: "I've never written any reviews on the internet before but after my experience in the ER last night I googled the effect of Reglan and Benadryl on headache just to see how other react and I feel better that many reacted like me so I'm not crazy. So they gave me reglan and Benadryl IV push I was just ready for a relief little did I know everything started moving so fast I was scared for my life. My husband was in the waiting room with our sons but I started texting him to come back but I couldn't even compose a text. The door was shut and the lights were dim and I had the worst anxiety attack. I've never felt like that in my life. Called for hubby begged him to ask the doc to le me go...which he did. Eventually I felt better at home."

Nanak2004 March 13, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I had had a stroke on Dec 17, 10 days after a stent had been put n my neck. A few nights later I had to go to the ER as I had the worst headache of my life on the left side of my head. They said they were going to give me a concoction that takes away any kind of headache. It was Reglan, benadryl , and Pepcid...and I'm sorry for all the negativity on these other posts, it almost seems like the same person keeps coming in and saying the same things....cuz I get panic attacks very easy but this concoction not only knocked me out for 5 hrs. It took the headache totally away so a big thumbs up they even gave me a prescription for reglan..."

TJude March 1, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I have severe migranes I whould say on a monthly basis and usualy they give me in the ER room morphine thru the IV but one time the doctor decided to give me this Reglan which change my life in to the worst ! I do not know how this medicine can treat something ! I felt like burning sensation first in to my stomach and then I started to think that I'm going to die because I wanted to pull out the IV and I was restless , shaking , panicking , anxious and I wanted to pull put the IV line. The nurses looked at me like I was possessed by demon ! After one year I still feel anxious and weird I know this med change my life in to the worst !"

Anphi March 1, 2016

For Migraine: "About 2 weeks ago I had a migraine that lasted for about 3 days until I finally went to the ER. When I was seen, the Dr gave me a mix of Reglan & Benedryl in an IV & boy was that the biggest mistake of my life. At first I felt silly & sleepy & even laughed a little. Then the next thing I know my eyes are wide becuz my heart starts racing like CRAZY!!! I already suffer from anxiety, I wish she would have mentioned the side effects before she injected me with the meds. I would have NEVER taken it via IV. I thought I was gonna die! Called the Dr back in & she told me to just calm down. My heart rate finally calmed but then I started shaking. Then came sleep. Woke up & felt a little better. Made me feel depressed a few days later. Traumatized forever"

SMJ810 (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide) for GERD: "When my Mom was 70 years old, she was prescribed Reglan by her family MD for GERD and "slow emptying" of her stomach. She took it 3 times per day with meals and was on it for at least 10 years!! At 83 years old, she has terrible dyskinesia now, and cannot sleep at night because of her legs, arms and body shaking all over the place. She has tried several other meds to help with the spasms without any luck! She wishes she had never taken Reglan and that her doctor had been more aware of these terrible , debilitating , life long side effects.This is a BAD DRUG Steer clear of it!!"

Lizwiz55 March 1, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "Well I have a history of migraines and take fiorcet and usually that works .. But not this time and so Doc at ER this shot IV for migraine well Benadryl makes u very sleepy anyway then to come back in ask me how I was well I'm so sleepy but today this morning hurting like hell .... Don't understand why he couldn't give me like 12 or 10 tabs of a pain med like Vicodin or even Tylenol #3 to get me by just really didn't think I was asking that much he made me feel like a drug seeker I was in pain bad he acted like it was sinus problems that's so crazy .. I had been crying of course my nose was running ... I feel people that need help can't get it and the ones that don't need it get whatever they what ... I see this a lot at wk"

Anonymous February 26, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I have Crohn's disease & was prescribed metoclopramide a while ago for nausea. However I've not felt nauseous for a while. Last night I felt awful & remembered I had these tabs. I took one 10mg tablet. It did stop the nausea & I didn't vomit but I had the worst nights sleep with hallucinatory dreams, feelings of anxiety & restlessness. I have been in bed all day today feeling drained but still restless."

Reeroo (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2016

For Migraine: "I went to the ER 2 nights ago for a 3-week long headache that I guess was a migraine. I'm 19 weeks pregnant though, so any/all attempts to get headache help from my other doctors in the weeks leading up to the ER visit were not strong/good enough. They too gave me benedryl and reglan through an IV. Like other reviewers, I did immediately feel relaxed and drowsy and was able to doze a little. However, I felt jittery in my legs and then got very restless and wanted to leave the hospital. The IV was unconfortable the whole time and once the fluids were empty I got so impatient waiting for somebody to come remove the needle. Like others, by the time I was released, my headache started to return. I woke-up yesterday morning with the headache."

AG_NewYork February 11, 2016