User Reviews for Metoclopramide

Also known as: Maxolon, Metozolv ODT, Reglan

Learn more about Metoclopramide.

Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced 1 reviews 52 medications

Nausea/Vomiting 56 reviews 160 medications

4.3
Summary of Metoclopramide reviews 198 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Metoclopramide

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Was in hospital following surgery and was given Reglan IV to control nausea when zofran didn't work. I developed intermittent atrial fibrillation. My nurse and I both noticed my heart would be fine until sometime after my shot of Reglan. She called hospital pharmacist who said it was feasible Reglan could cause cardiac trouble. Once Reglan was withheld, the afib stopped. It certainly helped the nausea, but not good to wind up with afib."

4IdBlonde May 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I have sickle cell disease so in addition to severe pain I have bouts of nausea/vomiting. I was given Reglan in the ER; within 5 min I felt extreme agitation, restlessness, dripping sweat & shaking uncontrollably. I begged the nurse to tell the doctor I was having a reaction. She did but with very little urgency, instead telling me to get back in the stretcher but I couldn't due to sweating, shaking & needing to pace. I was sent for a chest X-ray but the tech sent me back saying she was uncomfortable handling me in this state. I again pleaded with the nurse to call the doctor. He finally came & I was given benedryl to reverse the effects. I felt calmer but it took a while for the shaking to stop. Nurse & doctor acted like I was crazy smh."

Shaina A May 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was in the Emergency Room for a kidney stone and was given a couple medications in my IV. I told the nurse that I was becoming very nauseous and needed something to prevent myself from vomiting. She came back with a syringe and thought it was Zofran. The nurse began pushing the medication and said that she was administering Reglan. About 2 minutes later, my chest felt extremely tight, I couldn't stop moving my legs or hold still. I had an extreme urge to rip my IV out and run... and run... and run... I had a feeling of anxiety unlike anything I have ever felt before. It wasn't your typical 'butterflies', this was like I wanted to escape my skin or just end it all right there. I would much rather be dead than to feel the way Reglan felt."

Josh95 May 16, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For GERD: "Only took one pill. The next morning the room around was movind back and forth. Scared me. I threw the rest away. I took this as a warning and in my opinion it should be taken off the market."

Itises May 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given reglan about two months ago to subside the vomiting that came along with hyperemesis gravidarum from my pregnancy. While it fixed that issue, it gave me the worst depression. I don't want to leave my bed, shower, or take care of myself or anything else. I'm letting go of this drug tomorrow."

Ashbrooke (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "Jim. I've had migraines for over 60 years. Currently, they are frequent but not debilitating as in the past. I'm an anomaly, having migraines at my age (77). My doctor prescribed Reglan Pills with 6 hours between doses. Sometimes it helps, sometime not. It's not my go-to Med but I use it because I don't want the others sometimes. I suspect high doses given quickly Can cause problems some have. Maybe my doctor, a stroke specialist who also has migraines, may be better informed than those prescribing high dose quick injections. There are emergency rooms in my area that I wouldn't let someone take me even with a heart attack. Remember, 50% of docs were in the bottom 1/2 of the class. You don't know where your doc was."

Anonymous May 8, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "OMG! This is the first time I have ever seen anyone else besides myself have an issue like this with Reglan. The first time I got it was while waiting to have surgery and the longer I sat there, the more panic stricken I became til I was just sure if I stayed I was going to die in surgery so I pulled the IV, got dressed and went home. When it wore off I felt crazy so called nurse at ay surgery and she said it happens frequently and we should try again using plain saline, not even ringers solution. I was fine the second time around. I also get it from Compazine, phenergan and ativan. They call this reaction Akathesia. ER gave me Cogentin and a couple of xanax and it was gone in 15 minutes. AWful, awful feeling!"

n2braves (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine: "Pls if you're reading this do not let ANY doctor give you reglan. I'm 20 years old and I was going to the ER for an awful migraine and the nurse came in and out the reglan in my arm. As soon as I felt the reglan enter into my arm I felt an awful burning sensation everywhere, I looked at the nurse and he said I shouldn't be feeling any burning. I got a awful feeling and looked at my mum and said something doesn't feel right I started panting like a dog and I couldn't calm down. Then I jumped up and screamed on top of my lungs because I couldn't breathe and I couldn't even see straight. I was convinced I was going to die. This experience still haunts me to this day and was so awful that it caused an anxiety disorder,wish it never happened"

lexiiiii2402 May 4, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I had been treated in ER for migraine and received tordol and some other anti nausea meds and I did wonderfully, then 2 mo. Later I went to ER for migraine and they wanted to try something new, tordol and reglan....thought to myself the other treatment worked well, why change it, but ER doc insisted. Tordol in IV great, Reglan went in and I felt it burn up my arm, I became agitated and within 30 seconds said to my husband...I think I'm having a panic attack and then did! I am a medical professional and here I was yelling for the nurses because I thought I was going to die. My poor husband! It was a wild experience of feeling like I was passing out but I was lying down. Felt like I was losing blood flow to my brain. Horrible experience!"

Lblud (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Prescribed reglan at the ER for slow gastric emptying and nausea while pregnant. My third dose is when I had the side effects. Restlessness, agitation, and the feeling of crawling out of my skin. Side effects finally went away after 6 hours. It was awful and I will never take reglan again"

Liz bell (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I'm surprised to see all of the negative comments about the reglan, Benadryl, toradol combo. It's been a life saver for me! When I've gotten a terrible migraine that I couldn't shake, this was the only combo that could help me. I never experienced any bad side effects like the ones people have mentioned. I've been given it several times while at the hospital and it has always gotten rid of my migraines without really any negative side effects. The only thing is that it makes me really sleepy."

Anonymous April 4, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine: "I'm so relieved to know I'm not alone with this awful "migraine cocktail." I suffer from chronic migraine and had one so bad last week I went to the ER. I told them I'd been twice before for debilitating migraines and dilaudid was the best solution. Instead, they gave me a cocktail of Reglan, Benadryl and Toradol. They injected the whole dose at once and I had the worst uncomfortable, restless, panicky feeling I've ever had. I thought it was Benadryl making me tired but after reading all the reviews on here, it has to be the Reglan. Refuse this terrible drug, even for anti-nausea. I was so restless I almost ripped out the IV. Worst experience ever!"

Heidi Z. March 28, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I have had nausea for years and nothing worked so my doctor gave me Reglan. At first it worked and I was so happy then the side effects blasted in! I have never been sicker in my life. I was unable to get out of bed. I lost my mind for a long time. I even named the sides of my bed. Right side was chocolate and left was vanilla!. I could not get comfortable. I lost around 100 lbs because I couldn't eat. My kids thought I had gone crazy. THEN the worst side effect, Tardis Dykinesia set in. It is an untreatable disease that caused crazy facial ticks and body movements. This disease NEVER goes away. I have been bed bound for 8 years because of this drug! DON'T TAKE IT!!! It has a black label that warns of the horrible side effect"

mjr9550 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 14, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine: "I had a severe Migraine. Pain level 9 when I arrived at the ER. I was given Metoclopramide and Benadryl via IV. Within 30 minutes my pain level went to a 2-3, was released and took ibuprophen to knock out the remainder of the pain. Was virtually pain free within 90 minutes."

APared72 March 6, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine: "I'm an ER nurse. We use a cocktail of 20 mg metoclopramide with 25 mg diphenhydramine. That's 2 vials of reglan and 1/2 vial of benadryl in a 250ml NS bag. Reglan is the primary medication in this cocktail, benadryl is given to reduce the side effect known as akathisia. Both reglan and benadryl causes drowsiness, hence only half a dose is given. 250ml saline bags are used so we can control the rate of flow of the medication (to infuse slow over 20 minutes, we don't use an IV pump with these medications). Ketorolac is optional. If not given correctly, in most cases infused as a bolus/wide open. This is where the problem occurs. I would say It has a success rate of 80%. I've seen akathesia just twice, I give it cautiously every time."

Jad.RN March 6, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Gastroparesis: "Metoclopramide in low doses worked. After being prescribed 10mg. 3 times a day, I didn't take it. It made me feel strange and I had the fear of Tardive dyskinesia (TD). So I started taking only 10mg. once a day after eating my main meal, when I needed it and I had my symptoms. It helps tremendously."

Anonymous February 27, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I have had a migraine for a week and went to the ER. They gave me IV benadryl and reglan. After about an hour they came in to check on me. I don't remember this but they said I said the headache was gone. Now 5 weeks later I still have the headache and I'm afraid to go back. Do not let them give you this cocktail as I don't remember anything. Who knows what could have been done to me while I was out of it. I will never let them give me this medication again."

bowling deb (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine: "After suffering the worst migraine of my life (lasted 4 days) I went to my family doctor who sent me to the emergency room. There I was given 3 separate injections in my buttocks...morphine, dexamethasone sodium, and metoclopramide HCL. I had no side effects and felt wonderful within an hour of the injections. At my follow up appointment with my Penn State Hershey doctor, she prescribed Reglan (Metoclopramide) for me to take at the onset of every migraine. I have done this on approx 6 occasions, and I have yet to have migraine. Thank you to the emergency room doctor."

Pattie4444 February 21, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Gastroparesis: "I use metoclopramide for mild gastroparesis flare ups, as I've had Type 1 Diabetes for 27 years. It works wonders on moving food through my stomach! The only side effect I've had is tiredness after taking it, but it doesn't hit me all the time. When I take it before I eat I don't vomit or experience nausea. This is especially great since I love salad and I can't eat it without metoclopramide. Great drug! :-)"

T1Dstrong February 20, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I went to the ER for extreme neck and head pain. They said they were going to treat me with a headache cocktail. The nurse shot 3 medicines in me quickly. The first was reglan. Immediately after she put this in my iv I felt an intense pressure in my chest and I could barely breathe. I began to feel so restless and jittery. I wanted to jump up and rip the IV out and run. I tried to lay there and calm down but I felt terrible intense anxiety and worried I was going to die. I felt panic like never before. I thought something was wrong with me, I'm so glad I'm not alone. I'll never agree to this medicine again, and my head still hurt when I left!"

Shelee (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "This medicine is horrible. My doctor switched me to this from zofran because of constipation. I took this 1 time and it is causing severe anxiety, blurred vision, irritability and an overall weird and bad feeling all over. I needed a medication for severe pregnancy nausea and this did absolutely nothing but make me feel horrible. It also made my headaches worse. I am throwing the remainder of the pills in the trash bc that it what they are."

MrsKP (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: "I was going to my family doctor for heartburn and try to every prescription in the book for my indigestion come to find out I had Hodgkin's lymphoma cancer. Then when taking chemo I was getting nauseated and still had the indigestion even worse my hematologist put me on this drug and I praise it to this day it's the best thing out there. I am currently in remission but still side effects from the cancer and chemo so I have indigestion problems and as long as I take it before meals and before bedtime I no longer have indigestion"

Sean McCoy (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 15, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine: "I have suffered from migraines for 43 years. I just recently went to the ER for intractable migraine, 3 days of constant excruciating pain. They started an IV and gave me the "migraine cocktail " of Benedryl and Reglan.... let me tell you this medicine combo made me freak out. I was jittery, restless and out of my mind. The 1st time I got it ,( I work at this hospital as a CT tech) I was alone and when no one was looking I pulled my IV out and left the hospital getting into my car and drove home. to this day I am amazed I didn't have a car accident. The 2nd time I went to the ER ( my husband drove me ) they gave me the same med cocktail and I freaked out again. Now realizing that this is not what I should be given ! Terrible experience"

Baileysmom29 (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "All these negative posts about reglan sounds like it's from the same person. I have seen reglan work wonders and help people get their life back. It's a great drug if used properly."

Lisa RN forever 63 (taken for 10 years or more) February 6, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Lactation Augmentation: "Took it while breastfeeding to help increase my milk production. While it worked for that, it also put me into a severe depression, which I had never experienced before. My family and doc were convinced I was suffering from PPD (just the phrase, "How are you?" would send me sobbing). After doing a little research, I learned of the side-effect and stopped taking it. The symptoms ceased almost immediately. About 2 weeks later, as my milk production slowed, I thought I'd give it another try (thinking I'd be able to combat the feelings, now that I knew the cause). Within a few hours I could literally feel the black cloud of depression descend. It was terrifying. I never took another pill, and have never had another bout of depression."

Jojohanna (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2017