User Reviews for Metoclopramide

Also known as: Maxolon, Metozolv ODT, Reglan

Learn more about Metoclopramide.

Nausea/Vomiting, Postoperative 1 reviews 14 medications

Migraine 73 reviews 81 medications

4.4
Summary of Metoclopramide reviews 170 reviews 5.6

Reviews for Metoclopramide

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Don't ever take Reglan. It is an old school antipsychotic that was given to severely ill patients such as schizophrenics. It's like Haldol. It blocks dopamine receptors and can cause movement disorders. These uneducated, idiot doctors that hand these out for headaches and stomache conditions, should lose their licenses. It's disgusting. NEVER take them.."

Reglan Is An Antipsychotic (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2017

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "Visited the ER due to intense migraine lasting 7 days with 4 impacted wisdom teeth coming in. Face swollen, migraine and intense anxiety went to a different hospital and was hoping for something that WORKED, But got the reglan/benedryl cocktail which made me freak out like a idoit and I cried for anxiety meds when a new doctor came in and denied me anything else and called me a pill popper, although the only meds I'm taking are for my teeth pain (antibiotic and a steroid) and also continued to be rude while still having an outrageous migraine. Home now...hours later...with a migraine still......"

Chelseabergstresser January 8, 2017

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I went to the hospital for a bad migraine that at the time lasted 3 days. The worst I've ever had. They gave me a cocktail of raglin and benadryl through my IV. Within a minute my chest felt like it was burning. I couldn't breath, my blood pressure skyrocketed. They administered the benadryl and still no help. My chest felt heavy and I thought I was going to die. I couldn't move, talk or anything. They put oxygen on my face and called the Dr in to see me. He then administered valium STAT, then I began to calm down. They said that the nurse administered the Raglin to fast causing the side effects. After about 4 hours in the ER they Sent me home. At least I left with the migraine gone! But never again will I allow Ragin to be administered to me!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2017

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "had it long back for 6months 1/2 tab twice a day for stomach infection with other medicine . Realized very late that I was allergic to this medicine. felt like ending my life. depressed."

arjun5 December 22, 2016

For Migraine: "I went to the emergency room with the worst headache ever and after getting results from a MRI that showed nothing significant the nurse came to me with the cocktail of REGLAN and BENEDRYL!!! Right away I started with convulsions that I could not control. It was my worst experience ever. I'm pretty sure that the reason they are giving REGLAN is to keep us migraine sufferers from ever going back to the emergency room. To me severe pain is an emergency but to the doctors and hospital staff we are a bother. Oh yes also a bother to the insurance companies. I wil never go back to the ER for head pain. I got the message!!!!"

Reglander December 20, 2016

For Migraine: "I've been dealing with migraines for the pass 30 plus years and this concoction of Raglan, Toradol and Benadryl is the best if given right and not to fast into your iv."

migraine fighter (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 19, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Went to the e.r for a really bad stomach virus. They have me reglan trying to stop the vomiting. I felt like I was freezing. My boyfriend stacked 10 blankets on me. I felt something was terribly wrong, I RIPPED MY I.V OUT AND STARTED RUNNING OUT THE HOSPITAL. I thought I lost my mind. After they grabbed me and knocked me out with benadryl I slept for 24 hours. STOP GIVING THIS MEDICINE!"

Why are they still giving this (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "Due to chronic pain I take a lot of meds to begin with. I ended up in the hospital with a severe migraine that I'd already had for a few days (among other things). Morphine wasn't helping, not even Dilauded helped. I don't know who made the switch, but finally at the end of the second day a nurse came in to give me the Raglan, Toradol, Benadryl combo. Oh how I loved her after that. It burned slightly going into my IV (but Potassium burned a hell of a lot more) but that was really it. I didn't feel jittery but it's the usual initial feeling of light-headedness and warmth. It didn't last long and within a few minutes my head was starting to feel better. I was surprised this worked so well."

Michelle PInder (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2016

For Migraine: "I went to the ER with a terrible migraine. No warning of side effects, and while I was anticipating relief from the migraine the complete opposite and possibly even worse happened..It started with a little fidgeting and not being able to get comfortable in the hospital bed, and then I went from 0 to 60 as far as a freak out. I have never felt like that before my life and it was quite possibly the worst feeling ever. I was alone in the hospital because my husband had to be home with the kids and it was so frightening. I wanted to crawl out of my skin,my heart was racing and I was clawing at my face,and I had uncontrollable full body movements.I wanted it to stop and all I kept asking for was help and for someone to make it stop. NEVER AGAIN!"

LayBan November 30, 2016

For Gastroparesis: "Reglan is the worst medication that I have ever taken. I became mentally unstable a few days after taking it for Gastroparesis. It relieved my nausea somewhat, but at the worst point dealt with suicidal ideation. I have many friends who also have dealt with similar things. Absolutely not worth it, go with a diet modification for relief instead."

Colby Grey November 25, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I was inpatient in the hospital for a 5 day migraine. I was given Reglan and benadryl thru IV several times over a 4 day hospital stay and it helped the migraines in mins. I want you to understand how miserable I was. I had to have the curtains always drawn, couldn't watch TV or listen to music, and the room always felt like it was spinning. l noticed that when they administer the benadryl, it burns when given thru IV. I had competent nurses who administered it slowly to prevent intense burning. I also noticed after both were administered, I felt like I needed to move around, so my fingers and legs twitched a little, but not too much. It helped more than anything, and I'm really happy it was there as an option."

Laraaa (taken for less than 1 month) November 25, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I have given this through IV at the hospital for migraine without being warned of side effects. Within 15 minutes my entire body felt like it was on fire and I felt unbearably agitated and insane. I was writhing in the bed and gripping at my face and they told me it would pass. It took a benadryl and about 45 minutes to calm down. Reglan was probably the scariest experience of my life."

Nightmare Drug (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I was given a cocktail of reglan and Benadryl for a migraine at the ER. Within no time the migraine was gone, but a few minutes later I got an awful panic attack. I thought was going to die. I wanted to rip the iv out of my arm. When this happened my boyfriend got the doctor and she said this happens to about 50% of people. Since I'm so small they started with only a half dose of Benadryl to make me sleep, but after I couldn't sleep because of the side effects from reglan they gave me the other half dose. I am lucky to have had my bf there to get a nurse and calm me, and I'm lucky they could give me more Benadryl. I will not take this medicine again. If you have to take reglan bring someone to help you, but I suggest not taking this at all."

Adago November 12, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide) for GERD: "A word to the wise be sure the Doc. knows what medicines you are on before you take this medicine. I have acid reflux really bad. Went to the ER couldn't breathe, lost my voice, felt like I had an extremely tight chest. They diagnosed me with Gurd, I said I think I have caught the stomach bug. The ER Dr. gave me (2) shots of Reglan and a prescription to fill. Next morning I take my first dose spend the next two days confused, anxious, down and depressed. Looked up side effects of Reglan and realized it didn't mix well with the meds that I take daily and I had been given a little to much at once. After taking a couple days of musinex for congestion, mylanta for my stomach, inhaler to breathe 3 days later stomach bug gone!"

69MotherHen (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I as well had a severe migraine that was 2 days old. Went to ER and she said, let's try reglan and bene. I said do whatever. Withing 20 secs of the IV, I literally froze. My heart was beating insanely, my brain was doing 100, and my body froze. I couldn't move if someone pointed a gun at me. I tripped out so bad. She tried talking to me and I didn't even answer. So she said the lights would turn off and get some sleep. I finally could move my fingers to text my then bf, please come lol. I was pregnant years after and with that came migraines. Went to my doctor and she said, Let's try Regl-...I stopped her and said like hell! She just did benadryl and Tylenol 3 pills. Good lord. That drug is for the devil I'm sure."

KittyTucker November 5, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "IF YOU HAVE NEVER TAKEN THIS DRUG DONT! Reglan was given to me for my migrane. I have anxiety normally. Once given Reglan I had Panic attacks jumping up, freaking out, trying to get the hell out of the hospital. They wouldn't let me leave so I started ripping out my iv and started walking out. They caught me and strapped me down which I fought. I cried my body shook, Impeding dread, depression with an over active panic attack. Forgo the Benedryl It didnt help but siad I was "allergic to it" so they gave me benedryl and they gave me 2mg of Lorazapam and I started to calm down.I wanted 2 die Since then I tell them Im allergic 2 it but I still have panic attacks every time Im in the ER and severe anxiety I need meds for it now."

migranequeen (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 3, 2016

For Migraine: "I'm a hospice nurse and have personally dealt with severe chronic pain with no relief from docs. I was just discharged today after having a 2 week long headache and a blood clot in my lung. Was only kept for 24 hrs but have been to the ER with the same complaints twice in one week. Was given the so called "wonder cocktail". Needless to say it didn't work. And I was given it several times with no relief. No matter how red my eyes were head feeling like its about explode. The docs basically ignored my complaints of pain. And I'm at home still in pain. I truly understand being treated like a drug seeker. For those of us who are truly suffering its a sad situation."

Night Nurse325 October 27, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I just wanted to say as someone who suffered immensely because of this drug, the reviews here regarding other people's experiences has been a great comfort to me as I now know I am not alone nor am I crazy for having felt it. The sheer, true panic this drug caused me is completely indescribable. Before taking Reglan I had no problem with doctors, hospitals, or even needles. I went to the hospital a couple months ago for a very severe migraine and they gave me Reglan for nausea. Within moments of having taken it, I experienced the most insane panic attack of my life. I don't even know if you can describe it as simply a "panic attack" because it was so much more and so much worse than that. I nearly ripped the IV out of my arm."

AdoreD October 12, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "Yesterday I went to the emergency room with severe vertigo that I had for three days prior and a migraine had started two days after the vertigo and it was painful it was the first time I ever went to an emergency room for a head ache. They were very worried I could not walk due to the severe vertigo so they decided to give me mezacline and Reglan in an IV drip and something for nausea and within 10 minutes of the IV I began shaking uncontrollably all over and my muscles were twitching my stomach was burning horribly and I literally felt a panic so severe I thought I was dying and finally it became so bad the doctor gave me a Valium and within 10 minutes I felt back to normal .Reglan was the problem and I NEVER want that feeling again!"

Siggy Lothbrok October 10, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I have chronic migraines and used to get either dilaudid or Demerol w phenergan and toradol. Now because I'm "chronic " hospital will not give me narcs. They try and give me reglan and Benadryl which does nothing at all yet they still won't give me anything for relief. IVe told them over and over reglan does nothing but they don't listen. Because I have PO dilaudid that I isually vomit up when the migraine is so bad they tell me they'll give me phenergan and go home and take dilaudid. Which won't work. I go to er for immediate relief. Not to be treated like a dope seeker"

Jax71 October 1, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide) for GERD: "I was prescribed this medicine for GERD. I had not been able to eat or drink anything for a couple days so I was feeling pretty terrible anyway. After I started to take this medicine, I became extremely depressed and anxious. I could not stay awake for more than 20 minutes at a time, and that entire time I was so nauseous I didn't want to be awake. I had terrible back pain and I was shaking like I had been out in the arctic. Finally, my dad told me not to take the Reglan and to see what happened. I skipped my 10 P.M. dose and woke up about 10 A.M. the next day. I felt completely fine, other than my back was still sore. I lost three days of my life to this drug and I can't believe a medicine that is supposed to help you can do so much harm."

Zelda Rose (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Lactation Augmentation: "I started taking this drug about a month ago so far knock on wood no side effects and it works great!! I feel so proud to be able to feed my new daughter!! I have seen lots of reviews about depression so please be careful!"

Wheels 123 September 8, 2016

For Migraine: "Had a horrible horrible headache for 3 days so I called a Dr I knew I told him I can't open my eyes I'm dizzy and my head hurts so bad and I'm nauseated and hardly can stand up or see he said go to er now so I called my mom when we got to hospital I walked into glass door didn't even see it or feel it just know my head pounding once I got in back they gave me a cocktail of toradol benadryl and reglan within 30 min my blood pressure was down from 199 /100 to 130 /77 and headache gone I felt the weight was lifted of my head ty rn at srmc I will remember that cocktail always"

donna pets va (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 26, 2016

For Migraine: "I went to ER for a three day migraine after sumatriptan wouldn't work. I was given a cocktail of Benadryl, Reglan, and toradol in an IV. After a few minutes I became very restless and couldn't stop shaking. My pulse and blood pressure skyrocketed. I felt like my head was going to explode. I called the nurse and was given more Benadryl to counteract the Reglan. I slept great for almost 3 hours in the ER and my migraine was gone when I left."

Jo42485 August 21, 2016

For GERD: "As soon as I started taking this medication It instantly made me feel drowsy..I couldn't possibly take the 3 tablets a day I was prescribed due to having to look after toddler. Instead I take 1 tablet an hour before bed. They help me sleep and have done the job wonderfully. Have no more stomach issues when I wake. I am very happy. Only other downside is I think they give me restless legs in bed,which isn't nice,but I'm willing to do anything to feel well"

Milarooni (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2016