User Reviews for Metoclopramide

Nausea/Vomiting
4.1

Summary of Metoclopramide reviews 4.7 273 reviews

Reviews for Metoclopramide

Reglan (metoclopramide) for : "DO NOT take this medicine may be the worst drag I ever taken. I have a lot of side effects like depression and my face numb my neck stiff like stone my body shake for 9 days now and I only took it for 3 days at a dose of 3 times a day."

haidersubhi (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2019

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "This was the worst medication reaction I've ever had and had no idea that this was possible! I am having a bad reaction from starting an SSRI for the first time and end up in the ER vomiting and spinning and having been in a panic attack for about 8 hours (I thought that was bad too, just wait). The RN gave me straight Reglan in my arm and 30 seconds later I'm screaming at the top of my lungs "my legs my legs my legs!!!!" And the most terrifying feeling of "I'm going to die" ensued. I wanted to run as fast as I could away. From myself or nothing. Basically I was star in one of those movies where you see someone being operated on in an alien spaceship and the person is awake and terrified. There were 3 security guards and 4 nurses in the room all looking at me while I had this crazy psychotic reaction. I've never felt more embarrassed and terrified at the same time! DO NOT RECOMMEND"

PickyNicky (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2019

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Reglan/maxaran- GARBAGE GARBAGE GARBAGE please avoid the use of this drug, this has to be some of the worst medicine out there. I wouldn't give this junk to my worst enemy!!!!!! Please do not take this!!!! I was given this junk in the ER for a headache, I had every side affect possible and now 5 days later and I am still slowly trying to recover from this toxic medicine. This should be taken completely out of medical practice..."

coldbewz March 26, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given this after multiple other medications failed to help me. I am 9 weeks pregnant and have hyperemesis gravidarum (HG) and the metoclopramide has given me back the ability to keep liquids and food down. I was losing a pound a day before taking this. I did have weird thoughts on my second dose at night time but nothing after that. Cut the edge off of the nausea and vomiting for me. This was given as oral not IV for me for 30 days."

Ashbash (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2019

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "AWFUL, I took metoclopramide for a migraine headache causing me to be extremely nauseous. I was on it for 2 days. I had hallucinations, tremors, the shakes, blurred vision, was seeing things, was unable to finish my sentences, and couldn't make words with speech, mania, swelling, numbness, hands are still to shaky to text and have any strength. This medication should be discontinued, its that bad."

chevy (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2019

For Migraine: "So last night I got sent to the ER because I have a history of blood clots, and severe headaches. They gave me toridol and reglan. The nurse warned me that the reglan may make me feel anxious, but she would push it in slow (I got it through IV) I didn’t feel any sort of way at first. BUT and I have to start out saying I’m usually a reserved quiet sometimes even pessimistic person but a few minuets after this drug was given to me I turned into a complete goober (goofball, I don’t know what to word to use) I was laughing, cracking jokes, fooling around with all the equipment that was hooked up to me, meanwhile it only took the edge off of my headache. While getting my MRI I hallucinated that someone was grabbing my knee. After my moments of my “high” I got hit like a brick wall with tiredness and could barely keep my eyes open. It seems I had the complete opposite effect from others but in a bad way cause it was way too much giddiness."

Shamarcy March 14, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Please beware of this drug! Was prescribed metoclopramide for 2 weeks due to nausea caused by IBS and I thought I was going crazy. It started off as feeling restless and unable to be concentrate, developing into nightmares and really dark thoughts. It was terrifying. It may not affect you in this way but I would say think very carefully about taking this drug, and stop immediately if you start to notice anything untoward."

B (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2019

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I was in ER last night for severe migraine attack. The doctor asked what I normally get and that's toradol, zofran, and steroid through IV. They come in with this toradol, reglan, benadryl mix. Literally 2 min after meds were administered I felt the need to jump out the bed and just go home. I was burning up inside, restless, and still had the headache. So when I see other people posting almost the exact same thing, I totally get it. The national headache society did a study, benadryl is actually one of the drugs NOT recommended to treat migraines. I was told Reglan treated the "pain". Nope, it actually just controls the nausea by getting your stomach to empty / process the contents faster. I had the same migraine when I woke up. Now the toradol I know helped, it usually does to some degree. But getting a steroid shot / injection is usually what keeps the migraine from returning. Personally, I just don't think the doctor had a lot of knowledge regarding treatment of migraines."

Same February 27, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Had a bad H Pylori infection to the point where I did not eat a thing for just under two weeks. This drug took the edge off, but did not completely remove symptoms. I took 10mg tablets. I have seen many bad reviews about extra-pyramidal effects from this drug - this drug does come with some hefty side effects, but almost all are only ever seen when administered by IV."

Ekech (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2019

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given this a year ago in the ER. Almost immediately I had unpleasant side effects. I felt like I couldn't sit still, and I was extremely anxious. For two weeks I couldn't take care of my kids alone. I cried all the time and thought about suicide. I ended up in the ER a couple more times after that. Fast forward to three days ago, I was given Compazine for vomiting. I had no idea the two are closely related, and I experienced similar side effects. On the drive home I had to talk myself out of jumping out the car. Very deep thoughts consumed me. I do have a history of anxiety and depression so I'm not sure if there is a correlation or not, but I've never had a voice in my head trying to convince me to take my own life. It was very scary, and three days later I'm still anxious and unable to sleep or stay at my house alone. I know all meds affect people differently, but please take these reviews seriously. There are much less dangerous meds that can treat the same things."

Sky February 9, 2019

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given Raglan for a severe migraine episode and was never so scared in my life. I immediately began to almost hallucinate and I couldn’t move nor could I speak to explain what what going on. I had to have a CT scan and they had to literally move me as my whole body felt numb. I finally was able to let them know what was happening and they gave me a shot of Benadryl. This drug is a menace and should be taken of the market. I thought I was dying. It was a frightening, horrible experience. I made sure to put that in my allergies in my medical file and I will NEVER again use that ever again. I still tremble when I think of that experience. I was actually traumatized by this."

Victoria (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2019

For Migraine: "I was administered 10mg of Metaclopromide at the ER for a horrific migraine. Within seconds, my heart started racing, I was restless, anxious, and I felt like crawling out of my skin. The nurse said this was a common side effect. This medication is poison and I swore never to take it again."

Norby (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2019

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "The urgent care center gave me a shot of reglan & toradol in my backside & benadryl. The meds burned going in, but within 20 mins, my migraine had subsided. Went home, slept. Next morning, woke up got ready feeling groggy, my chest was tight. I went to work and felt jittery, nauseous, dizzy then later I get very hot, cold & sweaty. Then I turned white as a sheet and got full body tremors. I had to be picked up from work & brought back to urgent care. Got to urgent care and they gave me ativan and said I had an anxiety attack. The only thing that was different in my body/life was the fact that my migraine was now gone & was treated with those drugs. I'm not totally discounting the fact that I had an anxiety attack. In fact, it makes total sense the way I was feeling , but I definitely believe this drug triggered something unholy and TERRIFYING to happen in my body. It did get rid of my migraine (which was the reason I needed it) I am grateful for that, but I was not aware of any adverse effects."

MoaningMyrtle November 8, 2018

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I have never heard of anyone with the same reaction to Reglan until finding this forum. I had a csection with the delivery of my 2nd son 11 yrs ago. I became extremely ill after I was given the medication to numb me. The Dr. gave me Reglan I.V. and in about 60 seconds I started sweating my heart was racing and I felt like I was climbing out of my skin. I felt the need to get up but I was numb from the waist down and almost had a panic attack. I started screaming WHAT DID U GIVE ME!! It was horrorifying! I literally thought I was dying. As soon as I started screaming he gave me benadryl and the feeling went away pretty quick. Not the way I wanted to be feeling on the day my son was born. Remember the name and be cautious. HORRIBLE DRUG!!"

Charmed (taken for 10 years or more) October 16, 2018

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Gastroparesis: "Went on Reglan 5 mg 4x day for severe vomiting and weight loss from gastroparesis. Initially started to feel relief after the first few days, after 5 days I was able to keep food down and ceased to vomit for the first time in months. By day 7 the Tardive Dyskinesia symptoms started with leg twitching, lip smacking, and neck immobility. Thankful the Dr. had told me that Benedryll was the antidote and the symptoms went away after a day. So annoyed that I experienced these side effects cause it WAS working for the gastroparesis, but not worth having a life long Tardive Dyskinesia."

marg (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2018

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Took this in the ER via an IV and it worked at calming down my nausea but it made me feel super loopy and out of it like I’m in some sort of trance. Will not take this again!"

Ang September 16, 2018

For Migraine: "I got to the ER with migraine headache post concussion, the first thing they gave me was an IV push of Reglan, that worked like a charm for the migraine, but it did give me a terrible reaction of anxiety and I couldn't sit still, I wanted to take my IV off and run. Thankfully the nurse had walked in and I was explaining what I was feeling and he quickly called the doctor, and they gave me a big dose of Benadryl that within 5 minutes I want to say took the anxious feeling way. The doctor said that in the Hospital they know this condition as the "get up and go" condition. He said that I should let any other doctor know that if they do need to give me Reglan again It should be given with a dose of Benadryl as well. He also warned that my children might have the same reaction to the medicine as well."

Ali (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2018

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given this med for severe morning sickness with my beautiful twins. I spent an entire night in absolute terror as I had racing thoughts. Instead of a controllable stream of thought, my thoughts were like a freight train running over me. I was completely frantic by the time it wore off. Never took another dose, memorized the name to make sure I never take it again."

mamamichele (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2018

For Migraine: "The reason so many of these reviews are negative with reports of anxiety is because the reglan wasn’t mixed into an IV fluid bag and instead pushed... the nurses in all those ERs should have known not to push IV reglan. Always ask to check drug interactions with a care provider that can’t clearly state the possible side effects. Also, they should just know"

Anonymous August 11, 2018

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Just to make others aware, I also had very negative reactions to this medicine. I was given it before a lower back surgical procedure to prevent nausea. Within probably less than 2 minutes after having Reglan injected into an IV, I went from totally normal to hyperventilating and having extreme paranoia almost to the point of hallucinations. I became angry, threatening, and confrontational with EVERYONE around me including strangers, ripped out my IV tubing, and ran out of the hospital. It wore off about 30 minutes later and I returned to the hospital and apologized profusely and continued with pre-surgery items. Nurses told me they see similar side effects of anxiety and people "wanting to leave urgently" but never as extreme as it was for me. I now list it as an allergy, and would warn anyone to stay away from it."

spinalt (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2018

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "Entered ER with severe debilitating headache. Presented Doctor with headache journal and list of medications prescribed over the past 1-1\2 years. I was offered Benadryl\Renga cocktail. Never heard of this combination before and since my BP was high, I had CT w/out contrast. Point is it did NOT work and after 4+ plus hours I knew the medical staff was not interested in compassionate care that is effective and we agreed I would leave. It would have been helpful to have an explanation of this cocktail in greater detail so I could have found this forum and reviewed similar posts prior to acceptance."

Domer (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2018

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Gastroparesis: "Worked like a dream for me"

Joan (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Prescribed for morning sickness, I have never felt so restless and anxious in my life. I had to go to hospital due to shortness of breath. I prefer to have the morning sickness symptoms than the side effects of this medication."

Tea (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2018

For Gastroparesis: "I took this medication for 9 days after my husband and I were warned of the possible serious side effects. One morning I awoke with severe shaking and tremors along with confusion. It's been nearly 45 days and I'm still experiencing the confusion but the shaking and tremors are greatly reduced. It's really bad when a person who is an active reader and who used to knit, sew and crochet can't pick a book, knitting needles, the sewing machine or a crochet hook and concentrate. Words used over a life time don't come. I hate this feeling and inability function as I once did."

Gravel Gertie (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I am currently 6 weeks pregnant and have debiliting HG (Hyperemesis gravidarum ) morning sickness I found out I was pregnant at 3.5 weeks pregnant! I have taken metaclopromide before and was prescribed it today...WOW, I have my life back and I am so grateful I can eat and drink now. I don't feel the medication affects my mental health. I'm just so glad that it works!"

Anxious_Cuddles (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 23, 2018