User Reviews for Metoclopramide

Also known as: Maxolon, Metozolv ODT, Reglan

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Metoclopramide.

Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced

Nausea/Vomiting
4.4

Summary of Metoclopramide reviews 6.2 227 reviews

Reviews for Metoclopramide

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I ended up going to the ER because of a several day migraine, and was given this plus Benadryl and a steroid. I've been to the ER once before for a week-long migraine and the nurse asked what I was given. I told them the last time I was given something that made me shiver and shake uncontrollably for 20-30 minutes. He said that's the Reglan, but at this particular hospital they like to put it through the IV as a drip slowly; Not fast as pushing it through a syringe into the patient's system can cause the reaction I had before. I did not shake or shiver like before, with the cocktail of meds I became very sleepy and my muscles felt loose, and dozed for a little while. Much better reaction than before!!!"

zellavi November 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I was in the ER for severe migraine/vertigo and I was scared to take any sedatives because I am so sensitive including to benadryl. Unluckily I got the doctor who treated me like garbage and was so impatient; he wouldn't even let me explain myself he was just asking what I wanted... So he suggested reglan instead of benadryl. 2 minutes after I was becoming frantic; I had to pee and was ready to rip the IV out. Then the nurse tells me the doc wants me to do a urine test. haha. I started tripping out worst hallucinations/panic attack. I felt like I was coming in and out of reality/ blacking out every 2 seconds. I Finally fell asleep and overheard the doctor wanted to wake me up to do a psychiatric evaluation due to my reaction."

leahhh November 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "After about a week of headaches and migraines with no relief despite taking every treatment I had available, I went to the ER. The doctor mentioned Reglan as a treatment option and I accepted. I got Reglan in an IV, and a few minutes later I just started to feel very anxious. Everything just felt very urgent and I felt very restless. My face also started to feel hot. I also was alone during this visit, which I'm sure didn't help. I also suffer from anxiety, so it just increased my usual symptoms. My migraine relief was only so-so; it came back the next day. Reglan might be a good option for you if your migraine is really bad, but be careful because it can make you really anxious."

oliwankenobi (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Maxolon (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I had terrible, terrible side effects.- went into seizure, whole body paralysis, nearly died, They should ban this drug !"

damaged patient (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given this medication while I was in the ER with food poisoning. It made me feel like I was crawling out of my skin with anxiety. It was like having the worst panic attack ever that I couldn't escape.... My heart was racing and I felt like I was going to die. The nurse came in and gave me some Benadryl, saying that reaction sometimes occurs with that medication. It made me go to sleep and it was such a relief."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Lactation Augmentation: "I started taking one pill each morning to increase my breastmilk about a week ago. My breastmilk had increased tremendously but I have had to get up several times in the middle of the night to pee and last night... I didn't get up. I peed myself in my sleep! I haven't done that since I was a kid! Not sure if it was the reglan that had me knocked out so hard but it was awful. I can't believe I did that. I have been drinking lots of water as I was told to, and it does help milk supply. But man!"

Lala0708 (taken for less than 1 month) October 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Gastroparesis: "For me Reglan was a blessing as it ended my nausea, pain, and vomiting caused by gastroparesis. I know that for some people it comes with severe side effects. I was put on it for long term use. After reading up on it, I learned that it is recommended to be used for no longer than 12 weeks as that is often long enough to control symptoms for the time without the risk of long term use. If symptoms reoccur a person can go back on it. This happened to me. I was off it and went back on it for a month and my symptoms again improved. Also, reading the reviews, I see that some of you have been diagnosed with gastroparesis by doctors suspecting it. There are tests that can give a definitive diagnosis so another problem is not missed."

haaackkj (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Gastroparesis: "This medication can be dangerous but it works REALLY well. I used it to treat stomach motility. I've been admitted in the ER many times during flare ups (severe nausea/vomiting/no sleeping/misery that would last for days) and as soon as I would get it through and IV, I would feel so good! So it's a miracle drug when it comes to treating nausea/vomiting. I took only 10mg, because of the warnings and only took it at night and if I needed it (if I ate something that would not digest) It worked really well to manage gastroparesis. I started to function, gain weight, eat food. Then after 6 months I woke up one day and my speech was slurred, and I was losing fine motor control, couldn't write or text, so I had to stop taking it."

IJCE307 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "Given IV with toradol & Benadryl. My headache went away almost immediately . Soon after that I started shivering and trembling. I dismissed it thinking I was just cold because of the hospital temperature & the IV fluids. I also had to pee so bad that I unhooked it myself because I could not wait on the nurse to come in and help me. I was so restless and anxious that I drove home, knowing the nurse told me to call a ride, but it's like I couldn't control the urge to just make it home and go to bed. I didn't realize that all of those symptoms were side effects of the medicine until I got home & started to tremble more & was unable to sleep. Since then I've been having panic attacks & anxiety, muscle stiffness & twitches. DO NOT TAKE"

Quisha13 September 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reglan (metoclopramide) for GERD: "I have acid reflux for 10 years and have been on every PPI and H2 blocker on the market nothing worked did test after test nothing was found, started getting nausea (extreme nausea) and Nothing helped finally my doc prescribed me reglan (mind you she said she only uses this as a last resort befoer surgery is considered) and BAM! Worked amazingly I still take zantac to help against small bouts of reflux but reglan has helped me gain control back of my life! I had side effects at first (nothing major I just felt restlessness in my legs) but they eventually went away! 10/10 100% recommend!"

Charizard1831 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting: "This is the worst medication I have ever been given via IV for nausea.. It immediately made me feel horribly anxious, like I could jump out of my skin, it was BAD.."

Nope17 (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine: "I tend to be sensitive to a lot of medicines- not in an allergic reaction type way, but I experience adverse side effects almost every time. I went into the ER with an ocular migraine with aura. They gave me a reglan/benadryl combo. It got rid of the migraine, but it made me feel EXTREMELY high!! I might have dealt with it better if the RN had warned me first. Within 15-20 seconds of infusion, my mouth got cold and I felt incredibly high/drunk. Paranoia, restlessness, etc set in. I kept sitting up, lying down, sitting up, lying down. I even told the person in the room with me that I was about to rip my IV out so we could leave. Like I said, I wish the RN would've warned me first about these side effects so I would've been prepared."

fsoeifjosiefjosiefj September 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "Went to the hospital last night for flu like symptoms. While I was there I experienced a sudden migraine. When I told the Dr. he decided to treat me with a cocktail outside of my usual. He gave me Reglan, Toradol, and Benadryl. As soon as the nurse began to push the meds in my IV I felt the worse burning sensation ever! After all 3 meds were in I began to feel closed in, constricted and overall worse. The nurse ran and got the dr and this is when he decided to reveal that the Reglan can make you feel very anxious, he said it should go away in 10 mins or so, and it did but I will never allow them to give me this medication again. I literately tried to rip the IV out of my arm because of it."

Migraine Guest (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I will never take reglan ever again! Worst experience of my life! As soon as they gave me reglan through my iv I started having crazy facing thoughts, fast heart rate, felt anxious and had anxiety, couldn't stop moving, and was sweating profusely. NEVER AGAIN"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Seems to help the nausea quite well, although does make me quite tired. Could be unrelated but have developed a nose twitch since taking it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "Do NOT take this medicine. 1 time IV dose. Causes nervous system damage. First Parkinson side effects, then anxiety after 5 months NOT gone. Possible sensitive to other medications. Horribly traumatic. Couldn't work."

Kat80 (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine: "Went to the ER for a migraine cocktail recommended from my neurologist bc the headache was not leaving. The emergency room staff was very nice and quick but as soon as the meds hit my IV my arm started burning and itching at the same time then it happened all over my body for about two mins. After the nurse was done she left me "to myself" for an hour but I was to jittery and freezing cold to sleep. I was in and out of it for a bit but u better believe when that hour was up I was calling my nurse to get out of there. Yea my headache is gone but the anxiety has been crippling since I had the cocktail. I feel like I can't sit still like my legs are jumping. So all in all it does work but if u have anxiety be weary. I'm not getting another one"

Katshennadesigns (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I was prescribed this medication for severe morning sickness about a week ago after going to a walk-in clinic. I was given a shot at the clinic, and it seemed to work. I took the medication for a few days and then suddenly began to feel extreme depression and anxiety yesterday, but less sick than before taking this drug. My vomiting has decreased to once a day on this medication, and I can sleep through most of the night now without getting sick, but I feel very anxious, chills and hot flashes, and really depressed. I am going to stop this medication immediately, as I would rather vomit all day than feel this bad."

Pregnant lady (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I originally was prescribed this med for migraine headaches. Then I was diagnosed with Severe Fibromyalgia, which sometimes causes me nausea. The med works very quickly and very well for me. I usually only have to take one pill and the nausea is gone within a few minutes."

SuzieQ2017 August 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Have been on Reglan over 1 year. With Reglan I am again able to participate in physical activity without vomiting and nausea AFTERWARDS. Last week Dr says we still don't know why when I get over heated or stressed I vomit get light sensitive nausea etc. Put me on Zofran, blah feel like rubbish with a constant headache now. What do I do."

Hazer July 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I've been to the ER for migraines too many times to count and have been given every kind of drug that can be given. I woke up this morning with a horrific migraine and vomiting and off I went. They gave me the Reglan/Benadryl combo and within less than a minute the pain was gone. I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT! I've never had anything to work so well and so fast. I went home and slept for four hours afterwards. I'm so glad they decided to try this with me."

Anonymous July 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I have pregnancies characterized by extremely severe hyperemesis gravidarum. I spend most of my pregnancy nil by mouth in the hospital and then get a picc line. They gave me Reglan and let me tell you. It made me severely depressed and suicidal. It did not touch my nvp either. The combination of a very adverse reaction to this medicine and malnutrition caused me to terminate my wanted and planned pregnancy. I have dealt with severe hg before and have a 2yo. I did not realize this medicine caused this until recently I was given it before a surgical procedure. It made me out of my mind! I felt like jumping out of my skin. I tried to rip out my IV and leave the hospital! They said it's a common reaction to reglan! Why wasn't I warned?!"

Liliana M July 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Wow there is a lot of negative reviews about this drug...and yes every drug effects every one differently. But I was reading how people got anxiety and horrible depression from it, for me I never got that but I'm already on anti depressant and anti anxiety medication so that could be it...I never got any side effects from it it worked AMAZINGLY for vomiting and feeling nauseous...it was the only thing that worked for me!! I do give it 10/10 for sure. :)"

Leahbobeah90 (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "Went to ER with terrible migraine and vomiting. I was given the cocktail of Reglan and Benedryl. I have ended up having worst reaction ever and scared to death. MY heart beat went to 140+, I had uncontrolled muscle movement, dizziness, had a feeling I was going to pass out, my limbs were shaking enormously, I couldn't produce words to explain what was happening either!"

O.K. (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "Went to the ER for high blood pressure and was having a bad headache as well. Was given regalin cocktail and afterwards I have had the worse anxiety ever. I wanted to rip the I've out of my arm and run out of there. I will never let them give me those meds again."

A.A. (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2017