User Reviews for Reglan

Nausea/Vomiting 46 reviews 160 medications

4.2
Summary of Reglan reviews 137 reviews 5.2

Reviews for Reglan

For Nausea/Vomiting "Was in hospital following surgery and was given Reglan IV to control nausea when zofran didn't work. I developed intermittent atrial fibrillation. My nurse and I both noticed my heart would be fine until sometime after my shot of Reglan. She called hospital pharmacist who said it was feasible Reglan could cause cardiac trouble. Once Reglan was withheld, the afib stopped. It certainly helped the nausea, but not good to wind up with afib."

4IdBlonde May 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting "I have sickle cell disease so in addition to severe pain I have bouts of nausea/vomiting. I was given Reglan in the ER; within 5 min I felt extreme agitation, restlessness, dripping sweat & shaking uncontrollably. I begged the nurse to tell the doctor I was having a reaction. She did but with very little urgency, instead telling me to get back in the stretcher but I couldn't due to sweating, shaking & needing to pace. I was sent for a chest X-ray but the tech sent me back saying she was uncomfortable handling me in this state. I again pleaded with the nurse to call the doctor. He finally came & I was given benedryl to reverse the effects. I felt calmer but it took a while for the shaking to stop. Nurse & doctor acted like I was crazy smh."

Shaina A May 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was in the Emergency Room for a kidney stone and was given a couple medications in my IV. I told the nurse that I was becoming very nauseous and needed something to prevent myself from vomiting. She came back with a syringe and thought it was Zofran. The nurse began pushing the medication and said that she was administering Reglan. About 2 minutes later, my chest felt extremely tight, I couldn't stop moving my legs or hold still. I had an extreme urge to rip my IV out and run... and run... and run... I had a feeling of anxiety unlike anything I have ever felt before. It wasn't your typical 'butterflies', this was like I wanted to escape my skin or just end it all right there. I would much rather be dead than to feel the way Reglan felt."

Josh95 May 16, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was given reglan about two months ago to subside the vomiting that came along with hyperemesis gravidarum from my pregnancy. While it fixed that issue, it gave me the worst depression. I don't want to leave my bed, shower, or take care of myself or anything else. I'm letting go of this drug tomorrow."

Ashbrooke (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine "Jim. I've had migraines for over 60 years. Currently, they are frequent but not debilitating as in the past. I'm an anomaly, having migraines at my age (77). My doctor prescribed Reglan Pills with 6 hours between doses. Sometimes it helps, sometime not. It's not my go-to Med but I use it because I don't want the others sometimes. I suspect high doses given quickly Can cause problems some have. Maybe my doctor, a stroke specialist who also has migraines, may be better informed than those prescribing high dose quick injections. There are emergency rooms in my area that I wouldn't let someone take me even with a heart attack. Remember, 50% of docs were in the bottom 1/2 of the class. You don't know where your doc was."

Anonymous May 8, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting "OMG! This is the first time I have ever seen anyone else besides myself have an issue like this with Reglan. The first time I got it was while waiting to have surgery and the longer I sat there, the more panic stricken I became til I was just sure if I stayed I was going to die in surgery so I pulled the IV, got dressed and went home. When it wore off I felt crazy so called nurse at ay surgery and she said it happens frequently and we should try again using plain saline, not even ringers solution. I was fine the second time around. I also get it from Compazine, phenergan and ativan. They call this reaction Akathesia. ER gave me Cogentin and a couple of xanax and it was gone in 15 minutes. AWful, awful feeling!"

n2braves (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine "I had been treated in ER for migraine and received tordol and some other anti nausea meds and I did wonderfully, then 2 mo. Later I went to ER for migraine and they wanted to try something new, tordol and reglan....thought to myself the other treatment worked well, why change it, but ER doc insisted. Tordol in IV great, Reglan went in and I felt it burn up my arm, I became agitated and within 30 seconds said to my husband...I think I'm having a panic attack and then did! I am a medical professional and here I was yelling for the nurses because I thought I was going to die. My poor husband! It was a wild experience of feeling like I was passing out but I was lying down. Felt like I was losing blood flow to my brain. Horrible experience!"

Lblud (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting "Prescribed reglan at the ER for slow gastric emptying and nausea while pregnant. My third dose is when I had the side effects. Restlessness, agitation, and the feeling of crawling out of my skin. Side effects finally went away after 6 hours. It was awful and I will never take reglan again"

Liz bell (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine "I'm surprised to see all of the negative comments about the reglan, Benadryl, toradol combo. It's been a life saver for me! When I've gotten a terrible migraine that I couldn't shake, this was the only combo that could help me. I never experienced any bad side effects like the ones people have mentioned. I've been given it several times while at the hospital and it has always gotten rid of my migraines without really any negative side effects. The only thing is that it makes me really sleepy."

Anonymous April 4, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting "I have had nausea for years and nothing worked so my doctor gave me Reglan. At first it worked and I was so happy then the side effects blasted in! I have never been sicker in my life. I was unable to get out of bed. I lost my mind for a long time. I even named the sides of my bed. Right side was chocolate and left was vanilla!. I could not get comfortable. I lost around 100 lbs because I couldn't eat. My kids thought I had gone crazy. THEN the worst side effect, Tardis Dykinesia set in. It is an untreatable disease that caused crazy facial ticks and body movements. This disease NEVER goes away. I have been bed bound for 8 years because of this drug! DON'T TAKE IT!!! It has a black label that warns of the horrible side effect"

mjr9550 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 14, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine "I have had a migraine for a week and went to the ER. They gave me IV benadryl and reglan. After about an hour they came in to check on me. I don't remember this but they said I said the headache was gone. Now 5 weeks later I still have the headache and I'm afraid to go back. Do not let them give you this cocktail as I don't remember anything. Who knows what could have been done to me while I was out of it. I will never let them give me this medication again."

bowling deb (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Gastroparesis "I use metoclopramide for mild gastroparesis flare ups, as I've had Type 1 Diabetes for 27 years. It works wonders on moving food through my stomach! The only side effect I've had is tiredness after taking it, but it doesn't hit me all the time. When I take it before I eat I don't vomit or experience nausea. This is especially great since I love salad and I can't eat it without metoclopramide. Great drug! :-)"

T1Dstrong February 20, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine "I went to the ER for extreme neck and head pain. They said they were going to treat me with a headache cocktail. The nurse shot 3 medicines in me quickly. The first was reglan. Immediately after she put this in my iv I felt an intense pressure in my chest and I could barely breathe. I began to feel so restless and jittery. I wanted to jump up and rip the IV out and run. I tried to lay there and calm down but I felt terrible intense anxiety and worried I was going to die. I felt panic like never before. I thought something was wrong with me, I'm so glad I'm not alone. I'll never agree to this medicine again, and my head still hurt when I left!"

Shelee (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting "This medicine is horrible. My doctor switched me to this from zofran because of constipation. I took this 1 time and it is causing severe anxiety, blurred vision, irritability and an overall weird and bad feeling all over. I needed a medication for severe pregnancy nausea and this did absolutely nothing but make me feel horrible. It also made my headaches worse. I am throwing the remainder of the pills in the trash bc that it what they are."

MrsKP (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting "All these negative posts about reglan sounds like it's from the same person. I have seen reglan work wonders and help people get their life back. It's a great drug if used properly."

Lisa RN forever 63 (taken for 10 years or more) February 6, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Lactation Augmentation "Took it while breastfeeding to help increase my milk production. While it worked for that, it also put me into a severe depression, which I had never experienced before. My family and doc were convinced I was suffering from PPD (just the phrase, "How are you?" would send me sobbing). After doing a little research, I learned of the side-effect and stopped taking it. The symptoms ceased almost immediately. About 2 weeks later, as my milk production slowed, I thought I'd give it another try (thinking I'd be able to combat the feelings, now that I knew the cause). Within a few hours I could literally feel the black cloud of depression descend. It was terrifying. I never took another pill, and have never had another bout of depression."

Jojohanna (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine "I went to E R with a Migraine I had had for about 4 days. I was given this medication. I was in so much pain. I was so Anxious. I told them I was still in pain. My blood pressure was going up and down. I will never let the give this to me again. I was there 6 hours and let with no relief. I felt like I was tortured . Reglan and Benadryl"

Tedmirgrane suffer January 23, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting "I've been taking this medication for almost 3 years now, and never had one side effect or anything but relief. I get severe headaches and ontop of that, stomach/intestional infections frequently. This is the only medicine that helps with the vomiting and nausea. And believe me, I've taken EVERYTHING in between when dealing with my issues. Reading all these comments about everyone's bad reactions is really surprising to me. I guess it affects everyone differently sometimes."

August Winterman January 23, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting "Don't ever take Reglan. It is an old school antipsychotic that was given to severely ill patients such as schizophrenics. It's like Haldol. It blocks dopamine receptors and can cause movement disorders. These uneducated, idiot doctors that hand these out for headaches and stomache conditions, should lose their licenses. It's disgusting. NEVER take them.."

Reglan Is An Antipsychotic (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine "Visited the ER due to intense migraine lasting 7 days with 4 impacted wisdom teeth coming in. Face swollen, migraine and intense anxiety went to a different hospital and was hoping for something that WORKED, But got the reglan/benedryl cocktail which made me freak out like a idoit and I cried for anxiety meds when a new doctor came in and denied me anything else and called me a pill popper, although the only meds I'm taking are for my teeth pain (antibiotic and a steroid) and also continued to be rude while still having an outrageous migraine. Home now...hours later...with a migraine still......"

Chelseabergstresser January 8, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine "I went to the hospital for a bad migraine that at the time lasted 3 days. The worst I've ever had. They gave me a cocktail of raglin and benadryl through my IV. Within a minute my chest felt like it was burning. I couldn't breath, my blood pressure skyrocketed. They administered the benadryl and still no help. My chest felt heavy and I thought I was going to die. I couldn't move, talk or anything. They put oxygen on my face and called the Dr in to see me. He then administered valium STAT, then I began to calm down. They said that the nurse administered the Raglin to fast causing the side effects. After about 4 hours in the ER they Sent me home. At least I left with the migraine gone! But never again will I allow Ragin to be administered to me!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting "had it long back for 6months 1/2 tab twice a day for stomach infection with other medicine . Realized very late that I was allergic to this medicine. felt like ending my life. depressed."

arjun5 December 22, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting "Went to the e.r for a really bad stomach virus. They have me reglan trying to stop the vomiting. I felt like I was freezing. My boyfriend stacked 10 blankets on me. I felt something was terribly wrong, I RIPPED MY I.V OUT AND STARTED RUNNING OUT THE HOSPITAL. I thought I lost my mind. After they grabbed me and knocked me out with benadryl I slept for 24 hours. STOP GIVING THIS MEDICINE!"

Why are they still giving this (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine "Due to chronic pain I take a lot of meds to begin with. I ended up in the hospital with a severe migraine that I'd already had for a few days (among other things). Morphine wasn't helping, not even Dilauded helped. I don't know who made the switch, but finally at the end of the second day a nurse came in to give me the Raglan, Toradol, Benadryl combo. Oh how I loved her after that. It burned slightly going into my IV (but Potassium burned a hell of a lot more) but that was really it. I didn't feel jittery but it's the usual initial feeling of light-headedness and warmth. It didn't last long and within a few minutes my head was starting to feel better. I was surprised this worked so well."

Michelle PInder (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine "I was inpatient in the hospital for a 5 day migraine. I was given Reglan and benadryl thru IV several times over a 4 day hospital stay and it helped the migraines in mins. I want you to understand how miserable I was. I had to have the curtains always drawn, couldn't watch TV or listen to music, and the room always felt like it was spinning. l noticed that when they administer the benadryl, it burns when given thru IV. I had competent nurses who administered it slowly to prevent intense burning. I also noticed after both were administered, I felt like I needed to move around, so my fingers and legs twitched a little, but not too much. It helped more than anything, and I'm really happy it was there as an option."

Laraaa (taken for less than 1 month) November 25, 2016