User Reviews for Reglan

Reglan has an average rating of 4.0 out of 10 from a total of 268 ratings on Drugs.com. 30% of those users who reviewed Reglan reported a positive effect, while 63% reported a negative effect.

Nausea/Vomiting, Postoperative   10.0
Migraine   3.4
Summary of Reglan reviews 4.0 268 reviews

Reviews for Reglan

Miss Fortitude February 16, 2021

For Migraine: “This is a 21 month update about my experience with Reglan IV, a one time dose given as a "migraine cocktail" in the ER for a migraine. Yep, in just 3 months it will be two years since I have gotten this awful medication. I STILL have issues from what Reglan did to me. It is not uncommon for people to have tardive dyskinesia or akathasia from Reglan. I got akasthasia. For many the symptoms of akathasia go away in an hour or a few days. (Tardive dyskinesia on the other hand, can be permanent. In fact, like I said I got akathasia, not tardive dyskinesia.) Anyway, in many cases the akathasia subsides. But, it can hang on for some. I was one of those unfortunate people. There is a support group on Facebook called the Reglan Support Group for people who have had a harder time recovering from the injury of this drug. I had acute symptoms for 4 months. It was as bad as people describe akathasia on here. The next several months the symptoms were moderate. This drug had destroyed my life.”

Carolina · Taken for less than 1 month February 10, 2021

For Migraine: “Worst experience of my life, it was almost fatal. Literally my nurse began crying as I was in and out. I suffer PTSD now because of this experience and am scared to go to the hospital, take medications , and especially the ER. Went in for a headache that was persistent, no other symptoms, healthy young 23 year old and had such a bad reaction from injecting this stuff into my veins within 10 minutes of showing up. Makes you question their practice and intentions. .”

MaK · Taken for less than 1 month February 8, 2021

For Nausea/Vomiting: “I was giving Reglan via IV injection in the ER because of nausea. When I tell you this is the worst drug I’ve ever taken, I mean it. As soon as it was injected in I felt like I was in a different world. I then threw up 15 times and it is almost a week after taking it and I am just now getting over the suicidal thoughts and depression. I still have nightmares and anxiety but nothing like it was. I will never take this drug again and neither will my children when I have them because I think this drug shouldn’t be on the market...”

Romi February 8, 2021

For Nausea/Vomiting: “I’m 10 weeks pregnant and have been suffering with severe nausea and vomiting for the past 4 weeks. Throwing up almost every meal and I was severely dehydrated. My ob friend recommended unisom 25 mg nightly and b6 25 mg 3x a day but it did not work. If anything I just threw it up after I took it. She then prescribed me reglan. Good heavens it definitely has been god send. I’ve taken two doses the past two days now and I have not thrown up. There’s still some slight nausea but it’s better than not having to run to the bathroom 10x a day to vomit.”

Nurse Summers · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 8, 2021

For GERD: “So when I became pregnant, I had the usual morning sickness, that evolved into hyperemesis. This lasted until I was 25 weeks pregnant and was FINALLY prescribed this WONDERFUL drug! I could eat and drink normally, feel not sick, and just finally enjoy the rest of my pregnancy as a happy pregnant lady!! It took 3 days to work. After giving birth, I had the same sickness, further realizing that I had Gastroparesis. (Caused by pregnancy) I was undiagnosed at that point, and they thought it was anxiety. They put me on Wellbutrin which interacted with the Reglan, then I had a Dystonic reaction to the Reglan. That’s the only reason I don’t give it a 10/10. This medicine helped me so much.”

tmc · Taken for less than 1 month January 10, 2021

For Migraine: “I was given this for a CT scan. As a great side effect it worked extremely well for acute, long-lasting migraine episode for me. People are correct that the psychological side effects are extremely unpleasant but I believe that for me Reglan stopped a months, possibly years, long migraine cycle. I think Reglan is a miracle drug. It is nice to know that it exists. The side effects were as bad as people are describing - within about 5 minutes of coming back from the CT I told the aid that I had to leave the building due to being extremely anxious and restless. If you have “intractable migraine” and are in the ER and have not ruled it out, I would advise to give it a shot.”

MaggieMoe · Taken for less than 1 month December 20, 2020

For GERD: “I have only been taking Reglan about 10 days, twice a day. By the third day, there was a great deal of improvement! Normally, I have heartburn and reflux throughout the day. Not so on Reglan. I hope to stay on it for 12 weeks and have this relief for that period of time.. Because of my GERD, I have been getting esophageal ulcers, esophagitis and gastritis. I have bad esophageal spasms and have been taking bentyl since July 2020 when the last ulcers were found. I was told years ago I had delayed gastric emptying.”

PregoAgain December 2, 2020

For Nausea/Vomiting: “My morning sickness was so bad and I couldn’t handle it with all the ginger, saltines, and other things they say to try. I even tried vitamin combos with Unisom by my Dr. but nothing worked until I was told to take Reglan. I take it 4 times a day with 25mg of B6 and then 1/2 a unisom a night. I still have food adversities (like can’t stand the smell of coffee or onions) but I can eat mostly normal (which is great as I was loosing weight and already on the small side). I would give 10/10 except it makes me sleepy. I’ve found other caffeine (verb bars) which help but still always feel like I need a nap. Still SO MUCH BETTER than how sick and miserable I was feeling and sleepiness can also possibly a result of pregnancy cause that first trimester is always hard.”

Cheri November 25, 2020

For Nausea/Vomiting: “16 year old daughter got this prescribed for her nausea at a children’s hospital. Two days later, severe allergic reaction - her neck and back started arching and she couldn’t control it. Ambulance took her to hospital. They gave her Benadryl which was the antidote. Doc said she suffered acute Dystonia because of Reglan and it combining with Prozac did not help at all.”

Millie October 30, 2020

For Migraine: “DO NOT TAKE IT THIS MEDICATION!!! The doctors gave me this medication without explaining to me the common side effect of basically going insane for a short period of time. They just told me I would feel a “weird” for a little bit and then it would go away. They didn’t even ask me if I had a history of mental illness. I was expecting for me to feel drowsy or sleepy or a bit off, because that’s what feeling “weird” is supposed to feel like. But no!!! I suffered temporary insanity!!! Extreme derealization, depersonalization, depression, hopelessness, my life felt meaningless, I felt like I was dying and kept thinking about how I did not want to die!!! I felt doomed!!! I wanted to jump out of my skin and run out of the hospital!!!! I was about to rip the IV off my arm. Tremendous emotional despair and near death experience!!! It was a nightmare while being awake!! I much rather have the migraine!!!”

Charles · Taken for less than 1 month October 25, 2020

“Please DO NOT take this drug Reglan! I was given it in an IV for headaches, but this drug gave me the worst feeling I have ever had in my life! I thought I was going to die! Immediately it gave me a hot feeling going through my body like when you take the dye before having a MRI scan. I felt dizzy, confused, depressed, and could not even think properly. I could not carry a conversation! I could not feel my feet and I had trouble moving my legs. I prayed for relief of these side effects! This drug is awful! There is NO WAY I can describe how it made me feel! I honestly would not take it again for a billion dollars! PLEASE do not give this drug to any patients and make sure you do not let anyone give it to you! This drug is horrific! About 10 hours later I am OK now. And I thank God I made it through that horrible experience! NEVER AGAIN!!!!”

Dee · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 21, 2020

For Gastroparesis: “I have gastroparesis due to what they think is Vegas nerve damage from funduplication in 2017, symptoms started 2 years later. I almost starved to death, it was the worst thing I've ever been through. Nothing they tried worked until Raglan. I was very scared to take it due to the stories I've heard, but It has saved my life!! It has helped me so much, I actually keep my food down and the horrible reflux is gone when taking Raglan. I'm so grateful for this medication. The only side effect I have experienced is vivid, sometimes bad dreams. I'll take the dreams over constant vomiting!”

Lyle · Taken for less than 1 month October 20, 2020

For GERD: “I took Reglan on August 13th, just one 10mg dose, soon as I took it I got on the road not expecting nothing of it had a big panic attack on the road ! Smh we are now in October ! I have been through a nightmare of a time and back off of this medication, experienced feelings of derealization, depersonalization, anxiety, severe suicidal depression, after all this time I had to be put on an anti-depressant and it’s not a joke !!! This is real please beaware ! They need to stop giving this to people !!!! This isn't right I’m really suffering, I mean in emotional pain and despair my muscles still twitching also !”

Nat · Taken for less than 1 month October 14, 2020

For Nausea/Vomiting: “I went to the Emergency room for hyperemesis gravidarum and dehydration. My doctor first gave me zofran through my IV, didn’t work. I was still throwing up. So he gave me a dissolvable tablet of zofran. Still throwing up. So next he puts reglan through my IV and says he’ll be back to check on me. I literally started going insane. My husband was in the room trying to keep me calm because I started twisting and turning in the bed and yelling. I was having a panic attack. Now I’m here reading these comments and it makes sense. Lol. It did help with my nausea and I ended up filling a prescription for it, but I’ll only take it if it’s absolutely necessary.”

anonymous October 11, 2020

For Migraine: “Went to the ER with severe migraine headache, dizziness and nausea. Was given cocktail of Reglan and Benadryl and was told by ER doctor it would help with both headache and dizziness. Didn’t help at all and made me feel extremely anxious. Then was given a Different drug (don’t recall the name) combined with magnesium. Again no relief at all. Then I asked to please remove IV so I could go home, feeling same or worse than before these drugs. I have only been to the ER three times in my life (I’m in my 60’s) so I’m not too familiar with ER protocol. Would not allow this drug in my body again. Going to neurologist tomorrow.”

Jade July 30, 2020

“I went in for surgery yesterday, and I was fine all the way up until the nurse gave me reglan, the medication was given orally and it tasted terrible! I was fine for about three minutes after taking this medicine, the first thing I noticed was that I became dizzy, I tried to wait it out, but couldn’t so I said something to the nurse about it, she took my BP it was elevated, then I became short of breath even with the oxygen on, I had to take it off! Then the worst feeling I’ve ever felt came over me, I had this since that I had to get out of there right then and there, the “walls” were closing in on me, I felt like I was going to die, it just felt like I was doomed, and nothing could stop me from dying she tried to tell me that it was the medication and offered to give me a “happy” pill, but I wasn’t trying to hear that, because in my head, I felt like if I went under I wasn’t going to wake up, I’ve had open heart surgery and I don’t recall feeling that way at all!”

Bobby July 22, 2020

For GERD: “Today I took one pill & I swear I felt like my life was over & was very depressed. Went to the ER to get rid of side effects with Benadryl.”

Anonymous June 10, 2020

For Nausea/Vomiting: “I was in hospital after birth of my son. I was given Reglan after my Tubal for nausea and it almost was the end of me. I was highly allergic. There were 2 nurses in my room talking and I couldn’t even communicate with them that something was wrong. I had my phone in my hand and luckily my dr had text me earlier and was able to text 911 to her and send right at that moment. She immediately contacted the nurse and I was not breathing when the nurse turned around. So scary.”

The Wife · Taken for less than 1 month June 6, 2020

For Nausea/Vomiting: “My husband has been type 1 diabetic since age 7. He's suffered from stomach issues for the last 10 years. Our doctor started him on Reglan for gastroparesis and it has made a drastic difference in our lives! He was vomiting for 3 days straight about every 3 weeks, almost like clock work. He's lost so much weight. But Reglan has helped him tremendously. He's been on it for about month.”

Jenna May 20, 2020

For Migraine: “I went to the ER for a migraine. They gave me a migraine concoction and after they put it in my IV I started having the scariest panic attack of my life. I suffer with anxiety disorder and panic attacks, but never this extreme. I kept feeling as if I was dying and I kept telling the nurse I don’t want to die. I could not shake the feeling or calm down no matter how hard I tried and was extremely drugged . They gave me a whole bunch of Benadryl to counteract and told me it has anxiety inducing reactions on some people! I told them before they administered that I have an anxiety disorder and they still gave it to me! It took me almost an hour to calm down! I do not recommend it!”

Mic · Taken for less than 1 month May 19, 2020

For Gastroparesis: “Reglan along with zofran almost cured my nausea and allows me to eat! The Reglan is great because I can eat and not feel so nauseated I’m going to throw up half way through. Makes me feel as if I can work through full huge meals. For me those medications for Gastroparesis are 100/100”

Belladonna · Taken for less than 1 month May 14, 2020

For GERD: “DO NOT take this drug... I don't even know hospitals or medical practice's administer this lunatic drug but it should be removed. I was recently in the ER for a very bad acid reflux/GERD flare up and they gave me a GI cocktail, which I'm use to... shortly after, a Reglan/Protonic IV fluid. All was well up until 10 minutes later and I was bugging out! I wanted to jump out of my skin and run out of that hospital. I thought they were going to sedate me, and throw me into a psychiatric unit... It was terrible!!!! I already suffer from anxiety so literally it was anxiety on STEROIDS. I never want to experience that ever again, and I'm still suffering with small side effects from the meds... I'll never be the same”

Anon · Taken for less than 1 month May 8, 2020

For Nausea/Vomiting: “I was given this through an IV when I was in the ER for horrible nausea and it was the worst medication I’ve ever been on. It made me feel super jittery and just so confused and anxious. I wouldn’t recommend anyone to try this. Definitely ask for something else if at all possible like ondansetron or zofran.”

Anonymous May 8, 2020

For Nausea/Vomiting: “Within minutes of being given the Reglan I had sweltering hot feeling come over me. I began to panic and become restless. The more I watched the clock slowly tick by and tried not to focus on the impending doom feeling the worse it got. I wanted to rip the IV out of my arm. Between the anxiety, wanting to run for the hills, and my pounding heart in my chest it was a miracle I didn’t scream bloody murder. This went on for a good 30 minutes before the feeling subsided and I passed out. Although the medicine made me extremely anxious, it did knock down the nausea. I hope this validates any concerns and past experiences. I do not have a history of psych, but with this medication I don’t believe there requires to be one to make you feel this way. Please do not let a doctor try to tell you that benadryl will make it better and cancel out the anxiety feeling or that you can breathe through it. Trust your instincts and self advocate! Hope this helps!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 3, 2020

For Migraine: “They gave me a migraine cocktail as well and the ER with relgan and benadryl and I was fine at first. Then when I went home it started my jaw felt like it was swollen and I bleed for days when I use the bathroom and lost weight it do feels like so wrong with you and they need to take thus medicine off the market for sure. I had to warm up some Pedialyte and drink it just to get some electrolyte back and me and my throat feels like its on fire. Next time I will search the side effects why and hospital and read people respond to the medicine.”