User Reviews for Reglan

Migraine
3.9

Summary of Reglan reviews 4.4 182 reviews

Reviews for Reglan

"DO NOT take this medicine may be the worst drag I ever taken. I have a lot of side effects like depression and my face numb my neck stiff like stone my body shake for 9 days now and I only took it for 3 days at a dose of 3 times a day."

haidersubhi (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2019

For Migraine "This was the worst medication reaction I've ever had and had no idea that this was possible! I am having a bad reaction from starting an SSRI for the first time and end up in the ER vomiting and spinning and having been in a panic attack for about 8 hours (I thought that was bad too, just wait). The RN gave me straight Reglan in my arm and 30 seconds later I'm screaming at the top of my lungs "my legs my legs my legs!!!!" And the most terrifying feeling of "I'm going to die" ensued. I wanted to run as fast as I could away. From myself or nothing. Basically I was star in one of those movies where you see someone being operated on in an alien spaceship and the person is awake and terrified. There were 3 security guards and 4 nurses in the room all looking at me while I had this crazy psychotic reaction. I've never felt more embarrassed and terrified at the same time! DO NOT RECOMMEND"

PickyNicky (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "Reglan/maxaran- GARBAGE GARBAGE GARBAGE please avoid the use of this drug, this has to be some of the worst medicine out there. I wouldn't give this junk to my worst enemy!!!!!! Please do not take this!!!! I was given this junk in the ER for a headache, I had every side affect possible and now 5 days later and I am still slowly trying to recover from this toxic medicine. This should be taken completely out of medical practice..."

coldbewz March 26, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "AWFUL, I took metoclopramide for a migraine headache causing me to be extremely nauseous. I was on it for 2 days. I had hallucinations, tremors, the shakes, blurred vision, was seeing things, was unable to finish my sentences, and couldn't make words with speech, mania, swelling, numbness, hands are still to shaky to text and have any strength. This medication should be discontinued, its that bad."

chevy (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2019

For Migraine "I was in ER last night for severe migraine attack. The doctor asked what I normally get and that's toradol, zofran, and steroid through IV. They come in with this toradol, reglan, benadryl mix. Literally 2 min after meds were administered I felt the need to jump out the bed and just go home. I was burning up inside, restless, and still had the headache. So when I see other people posting almost the exact same thing, I totally get it. The national headache society did a study, benadryl is actually one of the drugs NOT recommended to treat migraines. I was told Reglan treated the "pain". Nope, it actually just controls the nausea by getting your stomach to empty / process the contents faster. I had the same migraine when I woke up. Now the toradol I know helped, it usually does to some degree. But getting a steroid shot / injection is usually what keeps the migraine from returning. Personally, I just don't think the doctor had a lot of knowledge regarding treatment of migraines."

Same February 27, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was given this a year ago in the ER. Almost immediately I had unpleasant side effects. I felt like I couldn't sit still, and I was extremely anxious. For two weeks I couldn't take care of my kids alone. I cried all the time and thought about suicide. I ended up in the ER a couple more times after that. Fast forward to three days ago, I was given Compazine for vomiting. I had no idea the two are closely related, and I experienced similar side effects. On the drive home I had to talk myself out of jumping out the car. Very deep thoughts consumed me. I do have a history of anxiety and depression so I'm not sure if there is a correlation or not, but I've never had a voice in my head trying to convince me to take my own life. It was very scary, and three days later I'm still anxious and unable to sleep or stay at my house alone. I know all meds affect people differently, but please take these reviews seriously. There are much less dangerous meds that can treat the same things."

Sky February 9, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was given Raglan for a severe migraine episode and was never so scared in my life. I immediately began to almost hallucinate and I couldn’t move nor could I speak to explain what what going on. I had to have a CT scan and they had to literally move me as my whole body felt numb. I finally was able to let them know what was happening and they gave me a shot of Benadryl. This drug is a menace and should be taken of the market. I thought I was dying. It was a frightening, horrible experience. I made sure to put that in my allergies in my medical file and I will NEVER again use that ever again. I still tremble when I think of that experience. I was actually traumatized by this."

Victoria (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2019

For Migraine "The urgent care center gave me a shot of reglan & toradol in my backside & benadryl. The meds burned going in, but within 20 mins, my migraine had subsided. Went home, slept. Next morning, woke up got ready feeling groggy, my chest was tight. I went to work and felt jittery, nauseous, dizzy then later I get very hot, cold & sweaty. Then I turned white as a sheet and got full body tremors. I had to be picked up from work & brought back to urgent care. Got to urgent care and they gave me ativan and said I had an anxiety attack. The only thing that was different in my body/life was the fact that my migraine was now gone & was treated with those drugs. I'm not totally discounting the fact that I had an anxiety attack. In fact, it makes total sense the way I was feeling , but I definitely believe this drug triggered something unholy and TERRIFYING to happen in my body. It did get rid of my migraine (which was the reason I needed it) I am grateful for that, but I was not aware of any adverse effects."

MoaningMyrtle November 8, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting "I have never heard of anyone with the same reaction to Reglan until finding this forum. I had a csection with the delivery of my 2nd son 11 yrs ago. I became extremely ill after I was given the medication to numb me. The Dr. gave me Reglan I.V. and in about 60 seconds I started sweating my heart was racing and I felt like I was climbing out of my skin. I felt the need to get up but I was numb from the waist down and almost had a panic attack. I started screaming WHAT DID U GIVE ME!! It was horrorifying! I literally thought I was dying. As soon as I started screaming he gave me benadryl and the feeling went away pretty quick. Not the way I wanted to be feeling on the day my son was born. Remember the name and be cautious. HORRIBLE DRUG!!"

Charmed (taken for 10 years or more) October 16, 2018

For Gastroparesis "Went on Reglan 5 mg 4x day for severe vomiting and weight loss from gastroparesis. Initially started to feel relief after the first few days, after 5 days I was able to keep food down and ceased to vomit for the first time in months. By day 7 the Tardive Dyskinesia symptoms started with leg twitching, lip smacking, and neck immobility. Thankful the Dr. had told me that Benedryll was the antidote and the symptoms went away after a day. So annoyed that I experienced these side effects cause it WAS working for the gastroparesis, but not worth having a life long Tardive Dyskinesia."

marg (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting "Took this in the ER via an IV and it worked at calming down my nausea but it made me feel super loopy and out of it like I’m in some sort of trance. Will not take this again!"

Ang September 16, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was given this med for severe morning sickness with my beautiful twins. I spent an entire night in absolute terror as I had racing thoughts. Instead of a controllable stream of thought, my thoughts were like a freight train running over me. I was completely frantic by the time it wore off. Never took another dose, memorized the name to make sure I never take it again."

mamamichele (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting "Just to make others aware, I also had very negative reactions to this medicine. I was given it before a lower back surgical procedure to prevent nausea. Within probably less than 2 minutes after having Reglan injected into an IV, I went from totally normal to hyperventilating and having extreme paranoia almost to the point of hallucinations. I became angry, threatening, and confrontational with EVERYONE around me including strangers, ripped out my IV tubing, and ran out of the hospital. It wore off about 30 minutes later and I returned to the hospital and apologized profusely and continued with pre-surgery items. Nurses told me they see similar side effects of anxiety and people "wanting to leave urgently" but never as extreme as it was for me. I now list it as an allergy, and would warn anyone to stay away from it."

spinalt (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2018

For Migraine "Entered ER with severe debilitating headache. Presented Doctor with headache journal and list of medications prescribed over the past 1-1\2 years. I was offered Benadryl\Renga cocktail. Never heard of this combination before and since my BP was high, I had CT w/out contrast. Point is it did NOT work and after 4+ plus hours I knew the medical staff was not interested in compassionate care that is effective and we agreed I would leave. It would have been helpful to have an explanation of this cocktail in greater detail so I could have found this forum and reviewed similar posts prior to acceptance."

Domer (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2018

For Gastroparesis "Worked like a dream for me"

Joan (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting "I’m shocked to see so many people had bad reactions! I have SEVERE vomiting at the beginning of my pregnancy with my twins. I had lost 20 pounds in a matter of weeks and was totally unable to keep anything down. Eventually I was taken to the ER because I lost consciousness due to dehydration. They first gave me Reglan at the emergency room and it worked WONDERS. I was on it until about 16 weeks and was able to start eating and drinking and have had a healthy pregnancy since. I had no side effects other than it making me a little sleepy."

Twinmomma34 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2018

For Migraine "I went to the hospital for hypertension which caused an excruciating headache. I was given benedryl + reglan & almost immediately started to feel strange. I couldn’t sit still, I got hot and sweaty, and wanted to stand up but I couldn’t due to the IV’s. I was screaming to unhook me and just wanted to leave. I couldn’t shake the feeling that I needed to go home. I felt like I was dying. I became paranoid and anxious to the point I ripped the IV out of my hand-blood was dripping everywhere & the sight of it made me vomit. It was a huge mess and I couldn’t calm down. I finally just ran right out the hospital & went home. Now I know by reading it was definitely a reaction to the reglan and I am definitely adding it to my drug list of absolute intolerance . It didn’t take my headache away and caused the worse panic attack I have ever had when I don’t have a history of panic attacks. Seems to me you should be warned about these types of side effects before hand."

Anonymous May 12, 2018

For Migraine "I’ve had migraines for over 30 years. It took a few ER visits for me to realize that reglan took away my nausea, took the edge off my pain (never completely took it away) but made me PARANOID and ANXIOUS!!!!! I tell them I’m allergic because I will never take it again. Torodol is great! The injection burns but the migraine relief begins in less than 10 minutes. Pain is gone in 20 minutes. I ask for it by name!!"

PJ May 2, 2018

For Migraine "I will never in my life allow this to be administered to be ever again in life. On 04/20/2018, I went to the ER for a severe Migraine. The RN gave me a cocktail of to toradal and then the Reglan. About 30 seconds later the nurse walked out and I began to experience a strong intense feeling of fear, anxiousness, and anxiety. I wanted to rip the IV out of my arm and run all the way home. I never want to feel like that again...NEVER!!!!!!!"

Ebby (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting "I had surgery on my nose and was given Reglan afterwards because of nausea. This was a terrible mistake, I immediately felt jittery and so restless like I could run a marathon. Thankfully I was still tired that I fell asleep not long after. A few months later I went to the ER after vomiting all night and the nurse injected something into my IV without telling me exactly what it was and I got the same feelings all over again they had to give me something to reverse it and this time I asked for the name of the drug so I can make sure it’s never given to me again."

Cocodee (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2018

For Gastroparesis "After zofran and phenergan stopped working I was given reglan 5mg for my gastroparesis. At first I was in love pretty much, I was able to eat things I haven't ate in years. I took it for about 4 weeks, I had terrible mood swings, stomach cramps, insomnia, and extreme fatigue. But I wasn't worried about it I was able to eat. I actually lost weight. Now all of a sudden it stopped working, I started getting severally bloated slowly then the nausea started. I wish it still worked. Even after my Dr upped my dose to 10mg it still stopped."

Shanny116 January 31, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was given reglan for nausea for pregnancy and within minutes I felt like I was going crazy. I was super jittery and sweating like a pig. I felt like ripping my IV out and running home. I couldn’t even pee. Took a few hours for it to go away and it was horrible."

Jazzy1988 January 27, 2018

For Migraine "Twice now I've been given the "cocktail" in the ER for migraines. The first time, I was ready to get the hell out of the hospital as soon as the headache was gone, I was so ready to go. Yesterday, I flipped out SO bad! I was screaming begging for someone to help me, that I was losing my mind. My Mom had to climb onto the bed and hold me while I freaked out. They finally gave me some atarax to calm me down. Atarax in itself is a whole new story."

Boogsie January 8, 2018

For Migraine "I had to go to the ER after my migraine was on day 4. The doctor refused to give me any pain medications. Instead an order for reglan and benadryl was given. 45 mins later I had to ask if the nurse was going to start the treatment, because I was in pain. She informed me that she had already given when she put the iv in. She notified the doctor. Then the doctor order the imetrex shot. The migraine finally went away . The doctor gave me a script for a shot for home, but the insurance would not cover it. It cost $287 out of pocket for 1 dose. So, I was not able to pick up the medication. That sucks."

Savannah cat January 3, 2018

For Migraine "Reglan is amazing for migraines ! I've had them for years , and when my prescriptions don't work, Reglan in the ER does. In fact , I found this thread because I am looking for info for self -administering. As many others mentioned, Reglan causes intense anxiety. For me , it's just restlessness. I feel as though I have to move my legs, even run! I can't lay still , even before my headache is better. I told this to my doctor during my last ER visit and he added Ativan to the IV. That solved the problem. My advice is to not avoid the medication because of the side effects. Instead, ask the doctor about options to reduce the anxiety or restlessness."

Sukistardust December 25, 2017