User Reviews for Reglan

Migraine
4.1

Summary of Reglan reviews 4.7 169 reviews

Reviews for Reglan

For Gastroparesis "Worked like a dream for me"

Joan (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting "I’m shocked to see so many people had bad reactions! I have SEVERE vomiting at the beginning of my pregnancy with my twins. I had lost 20 pounds in a matter of weeks and was totally unable to keep anything down. Eventually I was taken to the ER because I lost consciousness due to dehydration. They first gave me Reglan at the emergency room and it worked WONDERS. I was on it until about 16 weeks and was able to start eating and drinking and have had a healthy pregnancy since. I had no side effects other than it making me a little sleepy."

Twinmomma34 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2018

For Migraine "I went to the hospital for hypertension which caused an excruciating headache. I was given benedryl + reglan & almost immediately started to feel strange. I couldn’t sit still, I got hot and sweaty, and wanted to stand up but I couldn’t due to the IV’s. I was screaming to unhook me and just wanted to leave. I couldn’t shake the feeling that I needed to go home. I felt like I was dying. I became paranoid and anxious to the point I ripped the IV out of my hand-blood was dripping everywhere & the sight of it made me vomit. It was a huge mess and I couldn’t calm down. I finally just ran right out the hospital & went home. Now I know by reading it was definitely a reaction to the reglan and I am definitely adding it to my drug list of absolute intolerance . It didn’t take my headache away and caused the worse panic attack I have ever had when I don’t have a history of panic attacks. Seems to me you should be warned about these types of side effects before hand."

Anonymous May 12, 2018

For Migraine "I’ve had migraines for over 30 years. It took a few ER visits for me to realize that reglan took away my nausea, took the edge off my pain (never completely took it away) but made me PARANOID and ANXIOUS!!!!! I tell them I’m allergic because I will never take it again. Torodol is great! The injection burns but the migraine relief begins in less than 10 minutes. Pain is gone in 20 minutes. I ask for it by name!!"

PJ May 2, 2018

For Migraine "I will never in my life allow this to be administered to be ever again in life. On 04/20/2018, I went to the ER for a severe Migraine. The RN gave me a cocktail of to toradal and then the Reglan. About 30 seconds later the nurse walked out and I began to experience a strong intense feeling of fear, anxiousness, and anxiety. I wanted to rip the IV out of my arm and run all the way home. I never want to feel like that again...NEVER!!!!!!!"

Ebby (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting "I had surgery on my nose and was given Reglan afterwards because of nausea. This was a terrible mistake, I immediately felt jittery and so restless like I could run a marathon. Thankfully I was still tired that I fell asleep not long after. A few months later I went to the ER after vomiting all night and the nurse injected something into my IV without telling me exactly what it was and I got the same feelings all over again they had to give me something to reverse it and this time I asked for the name of the drug so I can make sure it’s never given to me again."

Cocodee (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2018

For Gastroparesis "After zofran and phenergan stopped working I was given reglan 5mg for my gastroparesis. At first I was in love pretty much, I was able to eat things I haven't ate in years. I took it for about 4 weeks, I had terrible mood swings, stomach cramps, insomnia, and extreme fatigue. But I wasn't worried about it I was able to eat. I actually lost weight. Now all of a sudden it stopped working, I started getting severally bloated slowly then the nausea started. I wish it still worked. Even after my Dr upped my dose to 10mg it still stopped."

Shanny116 January 31, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was given reglan for nausea for pregnancy and within minutes I felt like I was going crazy. I was super jittery and sweating like a pig. I felt like ripping my IV out and running home. I couldn’t even pee. Took a few hours for it to go away and it was horrible."

Jazzy1988 January 27, 2018

For Migraine "Twice now I've been given the "cocktail" in the ER for migraines. The first time, I was ready to get the hell out of the hospital as soon as the headache was gone, I was so ready to go. Yesterday, I flipped out SO bad! I was screaming begging for someone to help me, that I was losing my mind. My Mom had to climb onto the bed and hold me while I freaked out. They finally gave me some atarax to calm me down. Atarax in itself is a whole new story."

Boogsie January 8, 2018

For Migraine "I had to go to the ER after my migraine was on day 4. The doctor refused to give me any pain medications. Instead an order for reglan and benadryl was given. 45 mins later I had to ask if the nurse was going to start the treatment, because I was in pain. She informed me that she had already given when she put the iv in. She notified the doctor. Then the doctor order the imetrex shot. The migraine finally went away . The doctor gave me a script for a shot for home, but the insurance would not cover it. It cost $287 out of pocket for 1 dose. So, I was not able to pick up the medication. That sucks."

Savannah cat January 3, 2018

For Migraine "Reglan is amazing for migraines ! I've had them for years , and when my prescriptions don't work, Reglan in the ER does. In fact , I found this thread because I am looking for info for self -administering. As many others mentioned, Reglan causes intense anxiety. For me , it's just restlessness. I feel as though I have to move my legs, even run! I can't lay still , even before my headache is better. I told this to my doctor during my last ER visit and he added Ativan to the IV. That solved the problem. My advice is to not avoid the medication because of the side effects. Instead, ask the doctor about options to reduce the anxiety or restlessness."

Sukistardust December 25, 2017

For Migraine "Yesterday, I went to the ER because of migraine and blurred vision. The doctor ordered Morphine, Toradol, and Reglan through my IV. The nurse pushed the reglan really slow but I still felt restless. It's like a feeling of being trapped in your body with it trying to jump out. As soon as I told the nurse what I was feeling, she told the doctor and he treated me with Benedryl through my IV and it stopped the feeling. After that I was drowsy and my body started to relax and I was able to fall asleep. I will say that the migraine went away and my vision got better. I hope this helps someone."

SunnyMonae December 22, 2017

For Gastroparesis "4 years ago I was put in Reglan with little explanation of gastroparesis which seemed to go away. I am bipolar 2 and apparently it interacted with my psych meds. I was very agitated and angry to the point that I had to discontinue it. 18 months ago I was diagnosed Diabetic type 2 and now have gastroparesis. I need the Reglan bad! But I cannot rush the inter social aspects of hypomania, nor do I want to risk tardive dyskinesia or life threatening serotonin syndrome. Sad."

Katiedid2 (taken for less than 1 month) December 20, 2017

For Migraine "I had a severe migraine for several days. Norco & Fioricet, weren't even touching the pain. Finally gave in and went into the ER. They gave me what they called a cocktail including Reglan & Benedryl. Nothing that was actually intended for pain, but I was willing to try anything so I didn't comment. That was the day I experienced my first ever panic attack. I couldn't vocalize what was wrong, I was hot, thrashing & grasping at my IV, my heart was racing and thought I was actually dying. It sounds so dramatic, but there really isn't words to describe the feeling of the moment that you believe your life is ending. Those of you who suffer from panic attacks- you have my respect & sympathy. Traumatized from Reglan. Never again!"

K8T December 8, 2017

For Migraine "I ended up going to the ER because of a several day migraine, and was given this plus Benadryl and a steroid. I've been to the ER once before for a week-long migraine and the nurse asked what I was given. I told them the last time I was given something that made me shiver and shake uncontrollably for 20-30 minutes. He said that's the Reglan, but at this particular hospital they like to put it through the IV as a drip slowly; Not fast as pushing it through a syringe into the patient's system can cause the reaction I had before. I did not shake or shiver like before, with the cocktail of meds I became very sleepy and my muscles felt loose, and dozed for a little while. Much better reaction than before!!!"

zellavi November 21, 2017

For Migraine "I was in the ER for severe migraine/vertigo and I was scared to take any sedatives because I am so sensitive including to benadryl. Unluckily I got the doctor who treated me like garbage and was so impatient; he wouldn't even let me explain myself he was just asking what I wanted... So he suggested reglan instead of benadryl. 2 minutes after I was becoming frantic; I had to pee and was ready to rip the IV out. Then the nurse tells me the doc wants me to do a urine test. haha. I started tripping out worst hallucinations/panic attack. I felt like I was coming in and out of reality/ blacking out every 2 seconds. I Finally fell asleep and overheard the doctor wanted to wake me up to do a psychiatric evaluation due to my reaction."

leahhh November 6, 2017

For Migraine "After about a week of headaches and migraines with no relief despite taking every treatment I had available, I went to the ER. The doctor mentioned Reglan as a treatment option and I accepted. I got Reglan in an IV, and a few minutes later I just started to feel very anxious. Everything just felt very urgent and I felt very restless. My face also started to feel hot. I also was alone during this visit, which I'm sure didn't help. I also suffer from anxiety, so it just increased my usual symptoms. My migraine relief was only so-so; it came back the next day. Reglan might be a good option for you if your migraine is really bad, but be careful because it can make you really anxious."

oliwankenobi (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2017

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was given this medication while I was in the ER with food poisoning. It made me feel like I was crawling out of my skin with anxiety. It was like having the worst panic attack ever that I couldn't escape.... My heart was racing and I felt like I was going to die. The nurse came in and gave me some Benadryl, saying that reaction sometimes occurs with that medication. It made me go to sleep and it was such a relief."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 20, 2017

For Lactation Augmentation "I started taking one pill each morning to increase my breastmilk about a week ago. My breastmilk had increased tremendously but I have had to get up several times in the middle of the night to pee and last night... I didn't get up. I peed myself in my sleep! I haven't done that since I was a kid! Not sure if it was the reglan that had me knocked out so hard but it was awful. I can't believe I did that. I have been drinking lots of water as I was told to, and it does help milk supply. But man!"

Lala0708 (taken for less than 1 month) October 14, 2017

For Gastroparesis "For me Reglan was a blessing as it ended my nausea, pain, and vomiting caused by gastroparesis. I know that for some people it comes with severe side effects. I was put on it for long term use. After reading up on it, I learned that it is recommended to be used for no longer than 12 weeks as that is often long enough to control symptoms for the time without the risk of long term use. If symptoms reoccur a person can go back on it. This happened to me. I was off it and went back on it for a month and my symptoms again improved. Also, reading the reviews, I see that some of you have been diagnosed with gastroparesis by doctors suspecting it. There are tests that can give a definitive diagnosis so another problem is not missed."

haaackkj (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 11, 2017

For Gastroparesis "This medication can be dangerous but it works REALLY well. I used it to treat stomach motility. I've been admitted in the ER many times during flare ups (severe nausea/vomiting/no sleeping/misery that would last for days) and as soon as I would get it through and IV, I would feel so good! So it's a miracle drug when it comes to treating nausea/vomiting. I took only 10mg, because of the warnings and only took it at night and if I needed it (if I ate something that would not digest) It worked really well to manage gastroparesis. I started to function, gain weight, eat food. Then after 6 months I woke up one day and my speech was slurred, and I was losing fine motor control, couldn't write or text, so I had to stop taking it."

IJCE307 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 23, 2017

For Migraine "Given IV with toradol & Benadryl. My headache went away almost immediately . Soon after that I started shivering and trembling. I dismissed it thinking I was just cold because of the hospital temperature & the IV fluids. I also had to pee so bad that I unhooked it myself because I could not wait on the nurse to come in and help me. I was so restless and anxious that I drove home, knowing the nurse told me to call a ride, but it's like I couldn't control the urge to just make it home and go to bed. I didn't realize that all of those symptoms were side effects of the medicine until I got home & started to tremble more & was unable to sleep. Since then I've been having panic attacks & anxiety, muscle stiffness & twitches. DO NOT TAKE"

Quisha13 September 22, 2017

For GERD "I have acid reflux for 10 years and have been on every PPI and H2 blocker on the market nothing worked did test after test nothing was found, started getting nausea (extreme nausea) and Nothing helped finally my doc prescribed me reglan (mind you she said she only uses this as a last resort befoer surgery is considered) and BAM! Worked amazingly I still take zantac to help against small bouts of reflux but reglan has helped me gain control back of my life! I had side effects at first (nothing major I just felt restlessness in my legs) but they eventually went away! 10/10 100% recommend!"

Charizard1831 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 12, 2017

For Migraine "Went to the hospital last night for flu like symptoms. While I was there I experienced a sudden migraine. When I told the Dr. he decided to treat me with a cocktail outside of my usual. He gave me Reglan, Toradol, and Benadryl. As soon as the nurse began to push the meds in my IV I felt the worse burning sensation ever! After all 3 meds were in I began to feel closed in, constricted and overall worse. The nurse ran and got the dr and this is when he decided to reveal that the Reglan can make you feel very anxious, he said it should go away in 10 mins or so, and it did but I will never allow them to give me this medication again. I literately tried to rip the IV out of my arm because of it."

Migraine Guest (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2017

For Nausea/Vomiting "I will never take reglan ever again! Worst experience of my life! As soon as they gave me reglan through my iv I started having crazy facing thoughts, fast heart rate, felt anxious and had anxiety, couldn't stop moving, and was sweating profusely. NEVER AGAIN"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2017