User Reviews for Reglan

3.8

Summary of Reglan reviews 4.4 197 reviews

Reviews for Reglan

Bent123 July 18, 2019

For Migraine "I was given reglan in ER via IV for horrible migraine, amongst many other drugs due to my original reason of going to ER. Almost IMMEDIATELY I felt weird, like I was crawling out of my skin, as if I could run to California and I live in CT. It was HORRIBLE I would avoid this medicine as the side effects are far worse then the benefit. There is another drug that can do that same thing! But whatever you do don't ever take Reglan please!"

Beachbum · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 17, 2019

For Gastroparesis "Side effects are real been off Reglan for 10 months and still dealing with the grinding jaw and tongue movements. Beware of these side effects they are horrible. My teeth are suffering now from Reglan"

vonn · Taken for less than 1 month July 11, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting, Postoperative "Reglan is the only medication that has ever worked for me post-operatively. Phenergan gives me hallucinations, and zomig doesn't work at all. Every other surgery I've ever had I couldn't use the pain pump because I would vomit so severely or become so dizzy from the medication that they would give me for the vomiting that that made me sick. This was a godsend for me."

Swat095 · Taken for less than 1 month July 10, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "I'm sad for all those people that Reglan put through the wringer, because it's been a miracle medicine for me. I used Zofran until my third delivery, when I had a reaction to it--body going numb, felt like I couldn't breathe or move. I've avoided it since. After that they prescribed Reglan, originally at 10 mg, but then the nurse adjusted it to only 5 mg. I should point out, I never took it multiple times a day every day, just when I would feel nauseous and then I'd be able to eat half an hour later if needed. Well, to make a long story short, I've gotten the stomach bug twice since then, and after throwing up a few times I took 5-10mg of Reglan just once and I stopped throwing up. I took it again later as needed for nausea, which usually didn't last long. This is a HUGE deal because I'm the sort of vomiter whose body won't stop and will dry heave itself into dehydration. This medicine has really helped me with vomiting and nausea, and I have experienced no side effects."

Clay · Taken for less than 1 month July 1, 2019

For Gastroparesis "I have Gastroparesis and took this a few years back. I took it one day and couldn’t focus and felt totally restless. I have never not felt like myself as much as I did that day. Would NOT recommend"

justjefff · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2019

For Gastroparesis "I was given reglan one time at the ER via IM injection. I was suffering from severe migraine headaches and nausea. Within 10 minutes I had become severely irritated, restless and would have rather have the severe migraine as opposed to the way the reglan made me feel? I told my GP that I'm allergic to reglan and to please never prescribe reglan to me ever. I also have and had MS when the ER Doctor ordered the IM injection. It is most definitely a drug I'm allergic to."

Kam · Taken for less than 1 month June 22, 2019

For Migraine "Omg where do I begin. Was in the emergency room for severe migraine and nausea. They gave me this drug through my IV. Never again. I began to sweat, I started cursing and screaming, I was so anxious and delirious. It was a terrible experience. I feel like I needed to just run out of the hospital. Do not recommend."

Marty · Taken for less than 1 month June 11, 2019

For Migraine "6/10/19 I received the migraine cocktail for the first time. Dr. was very careful to push the Reglan SLOWLY into the IV. At first I felt fine, but once she left the room I got hot, sweaty, and anxious. I had full body tremors, sweat through my clothes, and felt like I needed to rip the IV out and run. My severe migraine is gone, but I would recommend NOT trying this medication if you already have anxiety or if you’re sensitive to medications."

Cat June 6, 2019

For Gastroparesis "Took it for diagnosed gastroparesis in 2012. I felt great for about 5 hours and then I had an allergic recation. For me that meant I felt burning ants under my skin as the muscles in my face and neck locked themselves into distorted positions. I spent hours staring at the ceiling because my neck was completely straight and locked, my eyes couldn't focus, and my face made all sorts of nonsense expressions making it hard to breathe. My mother said I went cross eyed. Of course I also started vomiting profusely."

Anonymous June 5, 2019

For Migraine "Omg worst medicine mixture ever!!! I’ve had this terrible stuff 2 times. The first time I went to the ER for an awful migraine and they gave me compazine, Reglan and Benadryl and immediately I started feeling very tired but restless and anxious at the same time. I wanted to sleep but I couldn’t because I felt like I just wanted to run out of there and just go home! It’s the worse anxious feeling I’ve ever experienced. So the next time I had a migraine they wanted to give me that and I thought well maybe it was just a bad reaction last time or something but NOPE! I had the same feeling and they wanted to do an MRI on me because of other neurological symptoms I came in with but since I was feeling so awful I just told them nope I want to be discharged. I’m definitely going to tell them next time those medications I cannot tolerate and I refuse them."

lh241 · Taken for less than 1 month May 24, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "I used reglan (5mg three times daily) for pregnancy severe nausea. The pregnanacy slowed digestion made my nausea and vomiting so much worse. When I took reglan it helped SO SO much with that. I was able to eat without feeling like I was busting. I didn't experience any negative side effects."

Hfennp2g · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 21, 2019

For Lactation Augmentation "I was given Reglan off label to promote the progesterone hormone to increase my breast milk supply after my son was born. After taking it steadily and gradually upping the dose after a couple of weeks I started having severe side effects. I went in to work one morning and couldn’t remember how to do my job, I would fall asleep at traffic lights, had difficulty concentrating and focusing my eyes and finally started having severe panic attacks, depression and tardive dyskinesia. I ended up in the ER and had to get under psychiatric care. 14 years later I still have to be on anxiety meds and if I try to get off the symptoms return. Be very careful taking this medicine."

Leslie · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 19, 2019

For Gastroparesis "I was diagnosed with SMA [Superior Mesenteric Artery Syndrome ] syndrome. I had surgery to help correct it, but from years of being misdiagnosed because SMA is very rare in someone like me, my esophagus paid the price due to being obstructed for so many years. I have very little motility. My dr put me on Reglan following my surgery to aide with digestion. Shortly after taking it, I felt extreme fatigue. As the days went on, my anxiety level increased. I have never been a person with anxiety, so this was rare for me. I constantly had people asking me, "What's wrong". My thoughts were racing all the time. The only thing I could attribute it to was Reglan. I told my doctor, and he said to discontinue use. After a few days of being off the medication, I began to feel like myself again. If it works for you great, but if you are experiencing any of the things I mentioned I would quit taking the medicine."

Burt · Taken for less than 1 month May 11, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "Please avoid this drug at all costs. Possible life long side effects. Yesterday, I was in the hospital due to a Crohn’s flare up. Due to negligence, I was given a drug I’m extremely allergic to called Reglan. It induced a Parkinsonism reaction (akin to Parkinson’s disease) where I started violently seizing and convulsing. For 30 minutes, I lost motor control of my eyes, legs, arms, and mouth. The only thing voluntary movement I could do was move my eyes side to side. Benadryl counteracted the effects, but for 30 minutes, I thought I was going to die. And I bite off part of my tongue. And in those moments, I realized that some people live their whole lives like that. Paralyzed. So at the end of the day when you’re feeling upset over little things just realize it can be much worse. I beg the pharmaceutical industry to remove this drug. It’s not worth our lives."

Andi · Taken for less than 1 month April 16, 2019

For Gastroparesis "Reglan gave me severe diarrhea, headaches, anxiety, restless, and shaky hands."

haidersubhi · Taken for less than 1 month April 7, 2019

"DO NOT take this medicine may be the worst drag I ever taken. I have a lot of side effects like depression and my face numb my neck stiff like stone my body shake for 9 days now and I only took it for 3 days at a dose of 3 times a day."

PickyNicky · Taken for less than 1 month March 30, 2019

For Migraine "This was the worst medication reaction I've ever had and had no idea that this was possible! I am having a bad reaction from starting an SSRI for the first time and end up in the ER vomiting and spinning and having been in a panic attack for about 8 hours (I thought that was bad too, just wait). The RN gave me straight Reglan in my arm and 30 seconds later I'm screaming at the top of my lungs "my legs my legs my legs!!!!" And the most terrifying feeling of "I'm going to die" ensued. I wanted to run as fast as I could away. From myself or nothing. Basically I was star in one of those movies where you see someone being operated on in an alien spaceship and the person is awake and terrified. There were 3 security guards and 4 nurses in the room all looking at me while I had this crazy psychotic reaction. I've never felt more embarrassed and terrified at the same time! DO NOT RECOMMEND"

coldbewz March 26, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "Reglan/maxaran- GARBAGE GARBAGE GARBAGE please avoid the use of this drug, this has to be some of the worst medicine out there. I wouldn't give this junk to my worst enemy!!!!!! Please do not take this!!!! I was given this junk in the ER for a headache, I had every side affect possible and now 5 days later and I am still slowly trying to recover from this toxic medicine. This should be taken completely out of medical practice..."

chevy · Taken for less than 1 month March 19, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "AWFUL, I took metoclopramide for a migraine headache causing me to be extremely nauseous. I was on it for 2 days. I had hallucinations, tremors, the shakes, blurred vision, was seeing things, was unable to finish my sentences, and couldn't make words with speech, mania, swelling, numbness, hands are still to shaky to text and have any strength. This medication should be discontinued, its that bad."

Same February 27, 2019

For Migraine "I was in ER last night for severe migraine attack. The doctor asked what I normally get and that's toradol, zofran, and steroid through IV. They come in with this toradol, reglan, benadryl mix. Literally 2 min after meds were administered I felt the need to jump out the bed and just go home. I was burning up inside, restless, and still had the headache. So when I see other people posting almost the exact same thing, I totally get it. The national headache society did a study, benadryl is actually one of the drugs NOT recommended to treat migraines. I was told Reglan treated the "pain". Nope, it actually just controls the nausea by getting your stomach to empty / process the contents faster. I had the same migraine when I woke up. Now the toradol I know helped, it usually does to some degree. But getting a steroid shot / injection is usually what keeps the migraine from returning. Personally, I just don't think the doctor had a lot of knowledge regarding treatment of migraines."

Sky February 9, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was given this a year ago in the ER. Almost immediately I had unpleasant side effects. I felt like I couldn't sit still, and I was extremely anxious. For two weeks I couldn't take care of my kids alone. I cried all the time and thought about suicide. I ended up in the ER a couple more times after that. Fast forward to three days ago, I was given Compazine for vomiting. I had no idea the two are closely related, and I experienced similar side effects. On the drive home I had to talk myself out of jumping out the car. Very deep thoughts consumed me. I do have a history of anxiety and depression so I'm not sure if there is a correlation or not, but I've never had a voice in my head trying to convince me to take my own life. It was very scary, and three days later I'm still anxious and unable to sleep or stay at my house alone. I know all meds affect people differently, but please take these reviews seriously. There are much less dangerous meds that can treat the same things."

Victoria · Taken for less than 1 month January 21, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was given Raglan for a severe migraine episode and was never so scared in my life. I immediately began to almost hallucinate and I couldn’t move nor could I speak to explain what what going on. I had to have a CT scan and they had to literally move me as my whole body felt numb. I finally was able to let them know what was happening and they gave me a shot of Benadryl. This drug is a menace and should be taken of the market. I thought I was dying. It was a frightening, horrible experience. I made sure to put that in my allergies in my medical file and I will NEVER again use that ever again. I still tremble when I think of that experience. I was actually traumatized by this."

MoaningMyrtle November 8, 2018

For Migraine "The urgent care center gave me a shot of reglan & toradol in my backside & benadryl. The meds burned going in, but within 20 mins, my migraine had subsided. Went home, slept. Next morning, woke up got ready feeling groggy, my chest was tight. I went to work and felt jittery, nauseous, dizzy then later I get very hot, cold & sweaty. Then I turned white as a sheet and got full body tremors. I had to be picked up from work & brought back to urgent care. Got to urgent care and they gave me ativan and said I had an anxiety attack. The only thing that was different in my body/life was the fact that my migraine was now gone & was treated with those drugs. I'm not totally discounting the fact that I had an anxiety attack. In fact, it makes total sense the way I was feeling , but I definitely believe this drug triggered something unholy and TERRIFYING to happen in my body. It did get rid of my migraine (which was the reason I needed it) I am grateful for that, but I was not aware of any adverse effects."

Charmed · Taken for 10 years or more October 16, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting "I have never heard of anyone with the same reaction to Reglan until finding this forum. I had a csection with the delivery of my 2nd son 11 yrs ago. I became extremely ill after I was given the medication to numb me. The Dr. gave me Reglan I.V. and in about 60 seconds I started sweating my heart was racing and I felt like I was climbing out of my skin. I felt the need to get up but I was numb from the waist down and almost had a panic attack. I started screaming WHAT DID U GIVE ME!! It was horrorifying! I literally thought I was dying. As soon as I started screaming he gave me benadryl and the feeling went away pretty quick. Not the way I wanted to be feeling on the day my son was born. Remember the name and be cautious. HORRIBLE DRUG!!"

marg · Taken for less than 1 month September 20, 2018

For Gastroparesis "Went on Reglan 5 mg 4x day for severe vomiting and weight loss from gastroparesis. Initially started to feel relief after the first few days, after 5 days I was able to keep food down and ceased to vomit for the first time in months. By day 7 the Tardive Dyskinesia symptoms started with leg twitching, lip smacking, and neck immobility. Thankful the Dr. had told me that Benedryll was the antidote and the symptoms went away after a day. So annoyed that I experienced these side effects cause it WAS working for the gastroparesis, but not worth having a life long Tardive Dyskinesia."