User Reviews for Reglan

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Reglan.

Gastroparesis

Migraine
4.1

Summary of Reglan reviews 5.3 155 reviews

Reviews for Reglan

For Migraine "I ended up going to the ER because of a several day migraine, and was given this plus Benadryl and a steroid. I've been to the ER once before for a week-long migraine and the nurse asked what I was given. I told them the last time I was given something that made me shiver and shake uncontrollably for 20-30 minutes. He said that's the Reglan, but at this particular hospital they like to put it through the IV as a drip slowly; Not fast as pushing it through a syringe into the patient's system can cause the reaction I had before. I did not shake or shiver like before, with the cocktail of meds I became very sleepy and my muscles felt loose, and dozed for a little while. Much better reaction than before!!!"

zellavi November 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine "I was in the ER for severe migraine/vertigo and I was scared to take any sedatives because I am so sensitive including to benadryl. Unluckily I got the doctor who treated me like garbage and was so impatient; he wouldn't even let me explain myself he was just asking what I wanted... So he suggested reglan instead of benadryl. 2 minutes after I was becoming frantic; I had to pee and was ready to rip the IV out. Then the nurse tells me the doc wants me to do a urine test. haha. I started tripping out worst hallucinations/panic attack. I felt like I was coming in and out of reality/ blacking out every 2 seconds. I Finally fell asleep and overheard the doctor wanted to wake me up to do a psychiatric evaluation due to my reaction."

leahhh November 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine "After about a week of headaches and migraines with no relief despite taking every treatment I had available, I went to the ER. The doctor mentioned Reglan as a treatment option and I accepted. I got Reglan in an IV, and a few minutes later I just started to feel very anxious. Everything just felt very urgent and I felt very restless. My face also started to feel hot. I also was alone during this visit, which I'm sure didn't help. I also suffer from anxiety, so it just increased my usual symptoms. My migraine relief was only so-so; it came back the next day. Reglan might be a good option for you if your migraine is really bad, but be careful because it can make you really anxious."

oliwankenobi (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was given this medication while I was in the ER with food poisoning. It made me feel like I was crawling out of my skin with anxiety. It was like having the worst panic attack ever that I couldn't escape.... My heart was racing and I felt like I was going to die. The nurse came in and gave me some Benadryl, saying that reaction sometimes occurs with that medication. It made me go to sleep and it was such a relief."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Lactation Augmentation "I started taking one pill each morning to increase my breastmilk about a week ago. My breastmilk had increased tremendously but I have had to get up several times in the middle of the night to pee and last night... I didn't get up. I peed myself in my sleep! I haven't done that since I was a kid! Not sure if it was the reglan that had me knocked out so hard but it was awful. I can't believe I did that. I have been drinking lots of water as I was told to, and it does help milk supply. But man!"

Lala0708 (taken for less than 1 month) October 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Gastroparesis "For me Reglan was a blessing as it ended my nausea, pain, and vomiting caused by gastroparesis. I know that for some people it comes with severe side effects. I was put on it for long term use. After reading up on it, I learned that it is recommended to be used for no longer than 12 weeks as that is often long enough to control symptoms for the time without the risk of long term use. If symptoms reoccur a person can go back on it. This happened to me. I was off it and went back on it for a month and my symptoms again improved. Also, reading the reviews, I see that some of you have been diagnosed with gastroparesis by doctors suspecting it. There are tests that can give a definitive diagnosis so another problem is not missed."

haaackkj (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Gastroparesis "This medication can be dangerous but it works REALLY well. I used it to treat stomach motility. I've been admitted in the ER many times during flare ups (severe nausea/vomiting/no sleeping/misery that would last for days) and as soon as I would get it through and IV, I would feel so good! So it's a miracle drug when it comes to treating nausea/vomiting. I took only 10mg, because of the warnings and only took it at night and if I needed it (if I ate something that would not digest) It worked really well to manage gastroparesis. I started to function, gain weight, eat food. Then after 6 months I woke up one day and my speech was slurred, and I was losing fine motor control, couldn't write or text, so I had to stop taking it."

IJCE307 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine "Given IV with toradol & Benadryl. My headache went away almost immediately . Soon after that I started shivering and trembling. I dismissed it thinking I was just cold because of the hospital temperature & the IV fluids. I also had to pee so bad that I unhooked it myself because I could not wait on the nurse to come in and help me. I was so restless and anxious that I drove home, knowing the nurse told me to call a ride, but it's like I couldn't control the urge to just make it home and go to bed. I didn't realize that all of those symptoms were side effects of the medicine until I got home & started to tremble more & was unable to sleep. Since then I've been having panic attacks & anxiety, muscle stiffness & twitches. DO NOT TAKE"

Quisha13 September 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For GERD "I have acid reflux for 10 years and have been on every PPI and H2 blocker on the market nothing worked did test after test nothing was found, started getting nausea (extreme nausea) and Nothing helped finally my doc prescribed me reglan (mind you she said she only uses this as a last resort befoer surgery is considered) and BAM! Worked amazingly I still take zantac to help against small bouts of reflux but reglan has helped me gain control back of my life! I had side effects at first (nothing major I just felt restlessness in my legs) but they eventually went away! 10/10 100% recommend!"

Charizard1831 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine "Went to the hospital last night for flu like symptoms. While I was there I experienced a sudden migraine. When I told the Dr. he decided to treat me with a cocktail outside of my usual. He gave me Reglan, Toradol, and Benadryl. As soon as the nurse began to push the meds in my IV I felt the worse burning sensation ever! After all 3 meds were in I began to feel closed in, constricted and overall worse. The nurse ran and got the dr and this is when he decided to reveal that the Reglan can make you feel very anxious, he said it should go away in 10 mins or so, and it did but I will never allow them to give me this medication again. I literately tried to rip the IV out of my arm because of it."

Migraine Guest (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting "I will never take reglan ever again! Worst experience of my life! As soon as they gave me reglan through my iv I started having crazy facing thoughts, fast heart rate, felt anxious and had anxiety, couldn't stop moving, and was sweating profusely. NEVER AGAIN"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine "Do NOT take this medicine. 1 time IV dose. Causes nervous system damage. First Parkinson side effects, then anxiety after 5 months NOT gone. Possible sensitive to other medications. Horribly traumatic. Couldn't work."

Kat80 (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting "Have been on Reglan over 1 year. With Reglan I am again able to participate in physical activity without vomiting and nausea AFTERWARDS. Last week Dr says we still don't know why when I get over heated or stressed I vomit get light sensitive nausea etc. Put me on Zofran, blah feel like rubbish with a constant headache now. What do I do."

Hazer July 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine "I've been to the ER for migraines too many times to count and have been given every kind of drug that can be given. I woke up this morning with a horrific migraine and vomiting and off I went. They gave me the Reglan/Benadryl combo and within less than a minute the pain was gone. I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT! I've never had anything to work so well and so fast. I went home and slept for four hours afterwards. I'm so glad they decided to try this with me."

Anonymous July 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine "Went to ER with terrible migraine and vomiting. I was given the cocktail of Reglan and Benedryl. I have ended up having worst reaction ever and scared to death. MY heart beat went to 140+, I had uncontrolled muscle movement, dizziness, had a feeling I was going to pass out, my limbs were shaking enormously, I couldn't produce words to explain what was happening either!"

O.K. (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine "Went to the ER for high blood pressure and was having a bad headache as well. Was given regalin cocktail and afterwards I have had the worse anxiety ever. I wanted to rip the I've out of my arm and run out of there. I will never let them give me those meds again."

A.A. (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting "IM injections of Reglan helped to relieve my nausea and vomiting that resulted from serious side adverse effects from an antibiotic."

TomJann June 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Lactation Augmentation "I took 5 mg of Reglan one day and two 2.5 mg the next day. About four days later my eyes started twitching and I had muscle twitches throughout my whole body. What is worse is that some of the medicine must have passed to my daughter in my breastmilk and I worry about her having side effects. It is black boxed labeled for tardive dyskinesia in Canada and in the US. It is a very powerful drug and I am crossing my fingers that I won't have twitches for the rest of my life. Please do not take this drug, especially just to be able to breastfeed your baby. Formula is way safer for you and your baby. There are so many other ways to increase lactation than resorting to this drug. The clinical studies are not even sure that it helps"

Jade3133 (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting "Was in hospital following surgery and was given Reglan IV to control nausea when zofran didn't work. I developed intermittent atrial fibrillation. My nurse and I both noticed my heart would be fine until sometime after my shot of Reglan. She called hospital pharmacist who said it was feasible Reglan could cause cardiac trouble. Once Reglan was withheld, the afib stopped. It certainly helped the nausea, but not good to wind up with afib."

4IdBlonde May 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting "I have sickle cell disease so in addition to severe pain I have bouts of nausea/vomiting. I was given Reglan in the ER; within 5 min I felt extreme agitation, restlessness, dripping sweat & shaking uncontrollably. I begged the nurse to tell the doctor I was having a reaction. She did but with very little urgency, instead telling me to get back in the stretcher but I couldn't due to sweating, shaking & needing to pace. I was sent for a chest X-ray but the tech sent me back saying she was uncomfortable handling me in this state. I again pleaded with the nurse to call the doctor. He finally came & I was given benedryl to reverse the effects. I felt calmer but it took a while for the shaking to stop. Nurse & doctor acted like I was crazy smh."

Shaina A May 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was in the Emergency Room for a kidney stone and was given a couple medications in my IV. I told the nurse that I was becoming very nauseous and needed something to prevent myself from vomiting. She came back with a syringe and thought it was Zofran. The nurse began pushing the medication and said that she was administering Reglan. About 2 minutes later, my chest felt extremely tight, I couldn't stop moving my legs or hold still. I had an extreme urge to rip my IV out and run... and run... and run... I had a feeling of anxiety unlike anything I have ever felt before. It wasn't your typical 'butterflies', this was like I wanted to escape my skin or just end it all right there. I would much rather be dead than to feel the way Reglan felt."

Josh95 May 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was given reglan about two months ago to subside the vomiting that came along with hyperemesis gravidarum from my pregnancy. While it fixed that issue, it gave me the worst depression. I don't want to leave my bed, shower, or take care of myself or anything else. I'm letting go of this drug tomorrow."

Ashbrooke (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine "Jim. I've had migraines for over 60 years. Currently, they are frequent but not debilitating as in the past. I'm an anomaly, having migraines at my age (77). My doctor prescribed Reglan Pills with 6 hours between doses. Sometimes it helps, sometime not. It's not my go-to Med but I use it because I don't want the others sometimes. I suspect high doses given quickly Can cause problems some have. Maybe my doctor, a stroke specialist who also has migraines, may be better informed than those prescribing high dose quick injections. There are emergency rooms in my area that I wouldn't let someone take me even with a heart attack. Remember, 50% of docs were in the bottom 1/2 of the class. You don't know where your doc was."

Anonymous May 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting "OMG! This is the first time I have ever seen anyone else besides myself have an issue like this with Reglan. The first time I got it was while waiting to have surgery and the longer I sat there, the more panic stricken I became til I was just sure if I stayed I was going to die in surgery so I pulled the IV, got dressed and went home. When it wore off I felt crazy so called nurse at ay surgery and she said it happens frequently and we should try again using plain saline, not even ringers solution. I was fine the second time around. I also get it from Compazine, phenergan and ativan. They call this reaction Akathesia. ER gave me Cogentin and a couple of xanax and it was gone in 15 minutes. AWful, awful feeling!"

n2braves (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine "I had been treated in ER for migraine and received tordol and some other anti nausea meds and I did wonderfully, then 2 mo. Later I went to ER for migraine and they wanted to try something new, tordol and reglan....thought to myself the other treatment worked well, why change it, but ER doc insisted. Tordol in IV great, Reglan went in and I felt it burn up my arm, I became agitated and within 30 seconds said to my husband...I think I'm having a panic attack and then did! I am a medical professional and here I was yelling for the nurses because I thought I was going to die. My poor husband! It was a wild experience of feeling like I was passing out but I was lying down. Felt like I was losing blood flow to my brain. Horrible experience!"

Lblud (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2017