User Reviews for Reglan

Migraine 51 reviews 81 medications

4.1
Summary of Reglan reviews 128 reviews 5.2

Reviews for Reglan

For Nausea/Vomiting "I have had nausea for years and nothing worked so my doctor gave me Reglan. At first it worked and I was so happy then the side effects blasted in! I have never been sicker in my life. I was unable to get out of bed. I lost my mind for a long time. I even named the sides of my bed. Right side was chocolate and left was vanilla!. I could not get comfortable. I lost around 100 lbs because I couldn't eat. My kids thought I had gone crazy. THEN the worst side effect, Tardis Dykinesia set in. It is an untreatable disease that caused crazy facial ticks and body movements. This disease NEVER goes away. I have been bed bound for 8 years because of this drug! DON'T TAKE IT!!! It has a black label that warns of the horrible side effect"

mjr9550 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 14, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine "I have had a migraine for a week and went to the ER. They gave me IV benadryl and reglan. After about an hour they came in to check on me. I don't remember this but they said I said the headache was gone. Now 5 weeks later I still have the headache and I'm afraid to go back. Do not let them give you this cocktail as I don't remember anything. Who knows what could have been done to me while I was out of it. I will never let them give me this medication again."

bowling deb (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Gastroparesis "I use metoclopramide for mild gastroparesis flare ups, as I've had Type 1 Diabetes for 27 years. It works wonders on moving food through my stomach! The only side effect I've had is tiredness after taking it, but it doesn't hit me all the time. When I take it before I eat I don't vomit or experience nausea. This is especially great since I love salad and I can't eat it without metoclopramide. Great drug! :-)"

T1Dstrong February 20, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine "I went to the ER for extreme neck and head pain. They said they were going to treat me with a headache cocktail. The nurse shot 3 medicines in me quickly. The first was reglan. Immediately after she put this in my iv I felt an intense pressure in my chest and I could barely breathe. I began to feel so restless and jittery. I wanted to jump up and rip the IV out and run. I tried to lay there and calm down but I felt terrible intense anxiety and worried I was going to die. I felt panic like never before. I thought something was wrong with me, I'm so glad I'm not alone. I'll never agree to this medicine again, and my head still hurt when I left!"

Shelee (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting "This medicine is horrible. My doctor switched me to this from zofran because of constipation. I took this 1 time and it is causing severe anxiety, blurred vision, irritability and an overall weird and bad feeling all over. I needed a medication for severe pregnancy nausea and this did absolutely nothing but make me feel horrible. It also made my headaches worse. I am throwing the remainder of the pills in the trash bc that it what they are."

MrsKP (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting "All these negative posts about reglan sounds like it's from the same person. I have seen reglan work wonders and help people get their life back. It's a great drug if used properly."

Lisa RN forever 63 (taken for 10 years or more) February 6, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Lactation Augmentation "Took it while breastfeeding to help increase my milk production. While it worked for that, it also put me into a severe depression, which I had never experienced before. My family and doc were convinced I was suffering from PPD (just the phrase, "How are you?" would send me sobbing). After doing a little research, I learned of the side-effect and stopped taking it. The symptoms ceased almost immediately. About 2 weeks later, as my milk production slowed, I thought I'd give it another try (thinking I'd be able to combat the feelings, now that I knew the cause). Within a few hours I could literally feel the black cloud of depression descend. It was terrifying. I never took another pill, and have never had another bout of depression."

Jojohanna (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine "I went to E R with a Migraine I had had for about 4 days. I was given this medication. I was in so much pain. I was so Anxious. I told them I was still in pain. My blood pressure was going up and down. I will never let the give this to me again. I was there 6 hours and let with no relief. I felt like I was tortured . Reglan and Benadryl"

Tedmirgrane suffer January 23, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting "I've been taking this medication for almost 3 years now, and never had one side effect or anything but relief. I get severe headaches and ontop of that, stomach/intestional infections frequently. This is the only medicine that helps with the vomiting and nausea. And believe me, I've taken EVERYTHING in between when dealing with my issues. Reading all these comments about everyone's bad reactions is really surprising to me. I guess it affects everyone differently sometimes."

August Winterman January 23, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting "Don't ever take Reglan. It is an old school antipsychotic that was given to severely ill patients such as schizophrenics. It's like Haldol. It blocks dopamine receptors and can cause movement disorders. These uneducated, idiot doctors that hand these out for headaches and stomache conditions, should lose their licenses. It's disgusting. NEVER take them.."

Reglan Is An Antipsychotic (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine "Visited the ER due to intense migraine lasting 7 days with 4 impacted wisdom teeth coming in. Face swollen, migraine and intense anxiety went to a different hospital and was hoping for something that WORKED, But got the reglan/benedryl cocktail which made me freak out like a idoit and I cried for anxiety meds when a new doctor came in and denied me anything else and called me a pill popper, although the only meds I'm taking are for my teeth pain (antibiotic and a steroid) and also continued to be rude while still having an outrageous migraine. Home now...hours later...with a migraine still......"

Chelseabergstresser January 8, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine "I went to the hospital for a bad migraine that at the time lasted 3 days. The worst I've ever had. They gave me a cocktail of raglin and benadryl through my IV. Within a minute my chest felt like it was burning. I couldn't breath, my blood pressure skyrocketed. They administered the benadryl and still no help. My chest felt heavy and I thought I was going to die. I couldn't move, talk or anything. They put oxygen on my face and called the Dr in to see me. He then administered valium STAT, then I began to calm down. They said that the nurse administered the Raglin to fast causing the side effects. After about 4 hours in the ER they Sent me home. At least I left with the migraine gone! But never again will I allow Ragin to be administered to me!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting "had it long back for 6months 1/2 tab twice a day for stomach infection with other medicine . Realized very late that I was allergic to this medicine. felt like ending my life. depressed."

arjun5 December 22, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting "Went to the e.r for a really bad stomach virus. They have me reglan trying to stop the vomiting. I felt like I was freezing. My boyfriend stacked 10 blankets on me. I felt something was terribly wrong, I RIPPED MY I.V OUT AND STARTED RUNNING OUT THE HOSPITAL. I thought I lost my mind. After they grabbed me and knocked me out with benadryl I slept for 24 hours. STOP GIVING THIS MEDICINE!"

Why are they still giving this (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine "Due to chronic pain I take a lot of meds to begin with. I ended up in the hospital with a severe migraine that I'd already had for a few days (among other things). Morphine wasn't helping, not even Dilauded helped. I don't know who made the switch, but finally at the end of the second day a nurse came in to give me the Raglan, Toradol, Benadryl combo. Oh how I loved her after that. It burned slightly going into my IV (but Potassium burned a hell of a lot more) but that was really it. I didn't feel jittery but it's the usual initial feeling of light-headedness and warmth. It didn't last long and within a few minutes my head was starting to feel better. I was surprised this worked so well."

Michelle PInder (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine "I was inpatient in the hospital for a 5 day migraine. I was given Reglan and benadryl thru IV several times over a 4 day hospital stay and it helped the migraines in mins. I want you to understand how miserable I was. I had to have the curtains always drawn, couldn't watch TV or listen to music, and the room always felt like it was spinning. l noticed that when they administer the benadryl, it burns when given thru IV. I had competent nurses who administered it slowly to prevent intense burning. I also noticed after both were administered, I felt like I needed to move around, so my fingers and legs twitched a little, but not too much. It helped more than anything, and I'm really happy it was there as an option."

Laraaa (taken for less than 1 month) November 25, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine "I have given this through IV at the hospital for migraine without being warned of side effects. Within 15 minutes my entire body felt like it was on fire and I felt unbearably agitated and insane. I was writhing in the bed and gripping at my face and they told me it would pass. It took a benadryl and about 45 minutes to calm down. Reglan was probably the scariest experience of my life."

Nightmare Drug (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine "I was given a cocktail of reglan and Benadryl for a migraine at the ER. Within no time the migraine was gone, but a few minutes later I got an awful panic attack. I thought was going to die. I wanted to rip the iv out of my arm. When this happened my boyfriend got the doctor and she said this happens to about 50% of people. Since I'm so small they started with only a half dose of Benadryl to make me sleep, but after I couldn't sleep because of the side effects from reglan they gave me the other half dose. I am lucky to have had my bf there to get a nurse and calm me, and I'm lucky they could give me more Benadryl. I will not take this medicine again. If you have to take reglan bring someone to help you, but I suggest not taking this at all."

Adago November 12, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For GERD "A word to the wise be sure the Doc. knows what medicines you are on before you take this medicine. I have acid reflux really bad. Went to the ER couldn't breathe, lost my voice, felt like I had an extremely tight chest. They diagnosed me with Gurd, I said I think I have caught the stomach bug. The ER Dr. gave me (2) shots of Reglan and a prescription to fill. Next morning I take my first dose spend the next two days confused, anxious, down and depressed. Looked up side effects of Reglan and realized it didn't mix well with the meds that I take daily and I had been given a little to much at once. After taking a couple days of musinex for congestion, mylanta for my stomach, inhaler to breathe 3 days later stomach bug gone!"

69MotherHen (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine "I as well had a severe migraine that was 2 days old. Went to ER and she said, let's try reglan and bene. I said do whatever. Withing 20 secs of the IV, I literally froze. My heart was beating insanely, my brain was doing 100, and my body froze. I couldn't move if someone pointed a gun at me. I tripped out so bad. She tried talking to me and I didn't even answer. So she said the lights would turn off and get some sleep. I finally could move my fingers to text my then bf, please come lol. I was pregnant years after and with that came migraines. Went to my doctor and she said, Let's try Regl-...I stopped her and said like hell! She just did benadryl and Tylenol 3 pills. Good lord. That drug is for the devil I'm sure."

KittyTucker November 5, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine "IF YOU HAVE NEVER TAKEN THIS DRUG DONT! Reglan was given to me for my migrane. I have anxiety normally. Once given Reglan I had Panic attacks jumping up, freaking out, trying to get the hell out of the hospital. They wouldn't let me leave so I started ripping out my iv and started walking out. They caught me and strapped me down which I fought. I cried my body shook, Impeding dread, depression with an over active panic attack. Forgo the Benedryl It didnt help but siad I was "allergic to it" so they gave me benedryl and they gave me 2mg of Lorazapam and I started to calm down.I wanted 2 die Since then I tell them Im allergic 2 it but I still have panic attacks every time Im in the ER and severe anxiety I need meds for it now."

migranequeen (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 3, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine "I just wanted to say as someone who suffered immensely because of this drug, the reviews here regarding other people's experiences has been a great comfort to me as I now know I am not alone nor am I crazy for having felt it. The sheer, true panic this drug caused me is completely indescribable. Before taking Reglan I had no problem with doctors, hospitals, or even needles. I went to the hospital a couple months ago for a very severe migraine and they gave me Reglan for nausea. Within moments of having taken it, I experienced the most insane panic attack of my life. I don't even know if you can describe it as simply a "panic attack" because it was so much more and so much worse than that. I nearly ripped the IV out of my arm."

AdoreD October 12, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine "Yesterday I went to the emergency room with severe vertigo that I had for three days prior and a migraine had started two days after the vertigo and it was painful it was the first time I ever went to an emergency room for a head ache. They were very worried I could not walk due to the severe vertigo so they decided to give me mezacline and Reglan in an IV drip and something for nausea and within 10 minutes of the IV I began shaking uncontrollably all over and my muscles were twitching my stomach was burning horribly and I literally felt a panic so severe I thought I was dying and finally it became so bad the doctor gave me a Valium and within 10 minutes I felt back to normal .Reglan was the problem and I NEVER want that feeling again!"

Siggy Lothbrok October 10, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine "I have chronic migraines and used to get either dilaudid or Demerol w phenergan and toradol. Now because I'm "chronic " hospital will not give me narcs. They try and give me reglan and Benadryl which does nothing at all yet they still won't give me anything for relief. IVe told them over and over reglan does nothing but they don't listen. Because I have PO dilaudid that I isually vomit up when the migraine is so bad they tell me they'll give me phenergan and go home and take dilaudid. Which won't work. I go to er for immediate relief. Not to be treated like a dope seeker"

Jax71 October 1, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For GERD "I was prescribed this medicine for GERD. I had not been able to eat or drink anything for a couple days so I was feeling pretty terrible anyway. After I started to take this medicine, I became extremely depressed and anxious. I could not stay awake for more than 20 minutes at a time, and that entire time I was so nauseous I didn't want to be awake. I had terrible back pain and I was shaking like I had been out in the arctic. Finally, my dad told me not to take the Reglan and to see what happened. I skipped my 10 P.M. dose and woke up about 10 A.M. the next day. I felt completely fine, other than my back was still sore. I lost three days of my life to this drug and I can't believe a medicine that is supposed to help you can do so much harm."

Zelda Rose (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2016