What is Vyepti?
Vyepti is a prescription medicine used for the preventive treatment of migraine in adults.
It is not known if this medicine is safe and effective in children.
Who should not receive Vyepti?
You should not receive Vyepti if you are allergic to eptinezumab-jjmr or any of the ingredients in Vyepti. See the end of this page for a complete list of ingredients.
Before receiving Vyepti
Before you receive Vyepti, tell your healthcare provider about all of your medical conditions, including if you:
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if Vyepti will harm your unborn baby.
- are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if Vyepti passes into your breast milk. Talk to your healthcare provider about the best way to feed your baby while using Vyepti.
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
How will I receive Vyepti?
- Vyepti will be given by a healthcare provider in a healthcare setting.
- Vyepti is given by intravenous (IV) infusion in your vein.
- Vyepti will be given over 30 minutes every 3 months.
If you have questions about your infusion schedule, ask your healthcare provider.
Vyepti side effects
Vyepti may cause serious side effects, including:
- Allergic reactions. Allergic reactions can happen after receiving Vyepti. Call your healthcare provider or get emergency medical help right away if you have any of the following symptoms of an allergic reaction:
- swelling of your face, lips, tongue or throat
- trouble breathing
- redness in your face
The most common side effects of Vyepti include:
- stuffy nose and scratchy throat
- allergic reactions
These are not all of the possible side effects of Vyepti.
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
General information about the safe and effective use of Vyepti.
Medicines are sometimes prescribed for purposes other than those listed in the Patient Information leaflet.
You can ask your pharmacist or healthcare provider for information that is written for health professionals.
What are the ingredients in Vyepti?
Active ingredient: eptinezumab-jjmr
Inactive ingredients: L-histidine, L-histidine hydrochloride monohydrate, polysorbate 80, sorbitol, and Water for Injection.
The vial stopper is not made with natural rubber latex.
Vyepti can work as quickly as the first day or week after your first infusion to help prevent your migraine headache pain. Continue reading
No, weight gain was not seen in safety studies of Vyepti lasting up to one year long. In general, Vyepti is well tolerated, with less than 2% of patients dropping out of clinical studies due to side effects. Continue reading
Vyepti intravenous (IV) infusions take about 30 minutes and are given 4 times per year (every 3 months). You will receive the infusion at your doctor’s office or at a special infusion center, and the total time spent there may be longer than 30 minutes. Continue reading
No, Vyepti has not been shown to cause fatigue in clinical studies conducted by the manufacturer. Unusual tiredness or weakness may occur if you have an allergic reaction to Vyepti. Tell your doctor right away if you have these side effects during after Vyepti infusion. Continue reading
More about Vyepti (eptinezumab)
- Side effects
- Drug interactions
- Dosage information
- During pregnancy
- Reviews (11)
- Drug images
- Compare alternatives
- Pricing & coupons
- En español
- Drug class: CGRP inhibitors
- FDA approval history
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.