User Reviews for Vyepti to treat Migraine Prevention

Vyepti has an average rating of 3.4 out of 10 from a total of 18 ratings for the treatment of Migraine Prevention. 22% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 67% reported a negative experience.

Vyepti rating summary

3.4/10 average rating

Compare all 59 medications used in the treatment of Migraine Prevention.

Reviews for Vyepti

Yucky · Taken for 1 to 6 months · August 30, 2021

"NO positive reduction in daily migraines/headaches...no change whatsoever. I actually can not say ANYTHING good about these kinds of medicines. (CGRPs) I can only say DO NOT take them, I was told the only adverse side effect with Vyepti is running nose or stuffy nose. My Negatives - rapid heart rate, chest pain, insomnia, increase nausea/vomiting, bladder-kidney issues, extreme WEIGHT GAIN, hair loss, joint/muscle pain, constipation, fingers, thighs, genitals blistering, fevers, mouth sores, dizziness & memory issues. I've had an ablation due to the cardiac issues. I actually told my Neuro "I don't think Vyepti is working & she said "take another dose if you still don't find any relief call back in a month & we will up the dose!" I had also tried Aimovig for over a year & then it just stopped working. She said "that can't happen, something else cause it to stop working." I have never received any relief with Vyepti but have seen crazy negative side effects."

dovahkitty · Taken for 1 to 2 years · November 6, 2021

"I have chronic migraines, some of which are hemiplegic, and I have tried so many drugs that didn't work - oral preventatives, Botox, Emgality, etc. Vyepti is the only drug that has helped me at all. Due to my migraine severity, I get the 300mg dose once every three months. Vyepti brings my head pain from an 8 down to 5, 6, or 7, depending on my menstrual cycle timing. I have far less hemiplegic migraine aura so I only have full blown body weakness and trigeminal neuralgia-like face pain at the end of my three month Vyepti cycle. Pros: less head pain, less face pain, less severe aura, lasts months, manageable short lived side effects, less painful than self-injected CGRPs, doesn't upset stomach Cons: due to my migraine frequency it takes 1-2 weeks to kick in after infusion, 2 weeks of allergy symptoms after infusion (runny nose, sneezing, itchy eyes nose throat, fatigue), nausea after 300mg infusion (easily fixed with iv Zofran, does not occur with 100mg dose)"

Dr.B · Taken for 1 to 6 months · January 5, 2022

"New neurologist started me on Aimovig 75mg, then 150mg, but no improvement of migraines or chronic daily headaches. Asked me to try Vyepti. Vyepti did not reduce migraine frequency, pain level, or chronic daily headaches, but resulted in debilitating fatigue and muscle/joint pain, confusion, concentration and memory issues, vertigo, periodic/recurrent cardiac arrhythmia and hypertension. Most symptoms resolved over ~6 months but periodic arrhythmia and hypertension remain. Although Vyepti may work well for some, it is not for all migraineurs."

Connie · Taken for less than 1 month · March 17, 2022

"DID NOT WORK! DO NOT TRY IT! BIGGEST MISTAKE I'VE EVER MADE was trying this medication! So sick and I still have 10 weeks to go with this in my body! I honestly can't say one good thing about this product!"

SansSouci · Taken for 1 to 6 months · September 13, 2022

"I have had migraine since childhood. About 12 years ago I began to get ocular migraine and migraine vertigo. It got to the point where I was having at least one episode a day. I have tried every med, every device, Botox, acupuncture. The situation remained chronic. With time I was down to about 15 or so a month, but I cannot attribute the diminishing to anything specific. Eventually I was put on Aimovig but after about a year it didn't appear to work. I was changed to Emgality. Same thing. After a while there was no improvement. I was put on Vyepti. Minutes after the first infusion I had an occular migraine and the incidents of aura just kept increasing. My doctor has prescribed 300 mgs, up from 100. The co-pay on Medicare is over $1,000. Impossible! Ridiculous! I don't think this class of drugs works for me. Very disconcerting. I am going to give up on meds for a while."

janelle_2022 · Taken for 1 to 6 months · December 9, 2022

"I have chronic daily migraines and have taken all three injectable CGRP medications: Emgality, Ajovy, and Aimovig. I sort of had my chronic daily headaches at a half-decent place but this medicine was supposed to help in conjunction with the botox and oral preventives I'm already on to take care of the last remaining symptoms. I had the infusion of 100mg infused over half an hour I was fine for about 4 hours I want to say, and my cheeks and face got so red that my brown-colored blush didn't show. I felt extremely nauseated and like I was gonna vomit not to mention horribly physically sick and weak. It also gave me a migraine and they worsened for about 10 days after. This is for me anyways one of the worst medications I have ever taken for the prevention of migraines and the side effects are a lot worse it seems than advertised. I felt exhausted and gained weight as well, at least these effects are wearing off. I won't take a CGRP med ever again. If they work for you great, but they're overrated."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month · November 23, 2022

"I just got my first dose of Vyepti 100mg 3 weeks ago. It has helped me with my migraines but it has caused me to have major pain in my joints to the point ok keeping me up crying all night. Trouble walking around far. I have have been on every medication for migraines on the market. Nothing has helped until I tried this medication. The way I feel I think I would rather have a migraine than deal with this pain. I have seizures and I am allergic to almost every medication on the market. Plus some medication can’t be taken with my seizure medication. This was my first and I think my last!"

April · Taken for 1 to 6 months · October 14, 2021

"I had pain and hot feeling and burning sensations on my forehead at my hairline and also loosing a lot of hair only after one dose and terrible ringing in both ears with no reductions in my migraine so my personal preference is not to take it"

Droopyskins · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · December 30, 2022

"This medication was very awful! I did three rounds of infusion over 36 months. First time 100mg. Second and third 300 mg. The first month each time I felt crazy, anxious, my stomach hurt and had insomnia. Did not help with headaches. The second month each time anxiety lessened but stomach pain continued to hurt and had insomnia, headaches remained but were less painful. Third-month headache worsened, and stomach pain and insomnia continued. This medicine was NOT helpful! I gave it a fair trial but cannot recommend this in fact, I recommend you avoid this medicine. I was desperate enough to try it but it was awful."

Rory7895 · October 8, 2021

"I started having truly bizarre side effects like itching so badly I’m surprised I didn’t lose skin, being in a room that was 74 degrees (I’m from a state that’s hot nearly year ‘round) and sweat was just dripping off of me, in other areas my skin was so dry I had to use lotion for diabetics. It was absolutely miserable! My insurance covered the medication is as positive as I can be."

JJP · December 18, 2021

"I have been on this for a year for migraine prevention. The only side effect for me is I get really tired after an infusion. I get one infusion every three months. Not really sure how it is working. Sometimes it seems to work and other times it seems not to work. The only positive I can say is when it does seem to work, then the migraine doesn't last as long and I only need one dose of Tosymra."

saltycandy · Taken for less than 1 month · December 5, 2022

"7 to 10 minutes into the Vyepti infusion I got very dizzy and lightheaded and had blurry vision. I got scared and they stopped the infusion. They called the doctor and started another IV with saline and complained that I didn't eat anything but I explained I had gastroparesis and didn't digest that early. At any rate, the doctor told them to continue the IV and I told them I was going home dizzy with blurred vision. I don't like this drug."

Hardt99 · Taken for 1 to 6 months · July 6, 2022

"It worked, it’s convenient, and I haven’t had the really bad constipation I got on Aimovig, but it doesn’t work nearly as well as Aimovig. I’ve also gotten a lot of increase in joint pain while on it. I think I’m going to switch back to Aimovig."

kimber · Taken for 1 to 2 years · April 19, 2022

"I have had chronic migraines for almost 15 years and learned to live and work in a chronic pain state of a level 5 or higher. For 21 years prior I had the same employer and was out sick maybe 2 times. When my migraines worsened and I had a new career, I was out 1-2x weekly (at a pain level 8-9). It was embarrassing and I was trying everything. Botox, Emgality, Ajovy, and Aimovig. Then my neurologist placed me on this and I had a full hysterectomy. I am so lucky to not have extremely debilitating migraines anymore. I have anywhere from 5-7 a month (instead of 25) and at a pain level of 4 or less, which can mostly be treated with Aleve. Best thing ever. I am unaware of my dosage. My co-pay is $5. It is 1-1 1/2 hrs out of my day every 3 months. My only complaint is I have increased sinus issues & joint pain. It reminds me of what I think fibromyalgia would feel like but not all the time. I still wouldn't stop taking it."

M.R. · Taken for 2 to 5 years · May 12, 2022

"Vyepti has been wonderful for controlling my chronic migraines. The only side effects that I get are dry mouth and bruising at the infusion site. I get the maximum dose, infused over half an hour, every three months. The third month, I start to have more break-through migraines, but they aren't as severe as usual. I get the infusion done at the hospital specialty clinic, so it doesn't cost me anything."

help wanted · Taken for 1 to 6 months · January 17, 2023

"My first infusion was a dream. No side effects and no head pain. The morning after the second infusion I was in full anaphylaxis and have been ever since. I have also had an increase in joint pain and a problem with a palpating heart. I do not recommend. Prescribing physician stopped asking how my symptoms are. Feel very alone right now."

Theadoshia · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · May 24, 2021

"Been on the drug for almost one year. I'm currently down to maybe one migraine a month! So Happy with these results!"

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months · September 12, 2022

"Miracle drug. Lessens my headache days and severity of my migraines. No dud effects at all. Wish I could have found this years ago"

Itchy · Taken for less than 1 month · June 16, 2022

"Not so great, I had an allergic reaction and ongoing migraine for days accompanying the allergic reaction. I am allergic to a lot of things though. 100mg dose."

Learn more about Migraine Prevention