User Reviews for Reglan

Learn more about Reglan.

Reglan Rating Summary

4.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 210 medications used in the treatment of Nausea/Vomiting.

Reviews for Reglan to treat Nausea/Vomiting

"I was given Reglan pre surgery last month. My daughter was with me and warned me that she had a bad experience with the drug; made her anxious and weird feeling. The nurse said that the chances of me experiencing any symptoms were very low, so I went ahead and let her administer it to me. Bad decision! The side effects were horrifying. I felt the need to leave the hospital and felt super anxious. Luckily they were able to rinse out with saline and the effects subsided. If my daughter wasn't with me to explain, I would have thought I was losing my mind! Never again!"

Not Crazy April 27, 2016

"I had my first injection of this on March 31 2016, I'm 50yrs old and have had Migraine, Hypertension attacks 45 yrs and suffered severe Gangrene when I was young. LETTING THEM GIVE ME THIS WAS A BIG MISTAKE FOR ME AND SEEMS OTHER COMMENTERS TOO. I now don't feel so bad at my Uncontrollable action after reading the same results to others. PLEASE READ OTHER COMMENTS IT SAVES ME THE TIME OF TELLING YOU THE SAME THING. That I lost all control UN-COGNITIVELY after the drug was injected, I ripped out IV left still sick. 3 days later I haven't eaten "lost appetite" NO urine strength and left with confused depression."

ULC Minister (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2016

"I was in the ER w a migraine and dehydration due to vomiting. Instead of the regular phenagren I receive, I was administered Reglan. I became very irritated, jittery, and irrational. I tried to get out of the hospital bed and pull out my IV. It took four soldiers (we are military) to hold me down to give me a shot to counteract the Reglan. Needless to say I have Reglan allergy in my medical records now."

Mrs. DJ January 26, 2016

"I've been in & out of ER for years when a really nasty migraine won't stop with at home meds. I usually get a migraine cocktail with either phenergan & nuban, or benadryl & reglan. Only this time I was uncontrollably vomiting with a hernia & back surgery and needed relief pronto. When they administered benadryl I was fine, then the reglan & within minutes I was literally jumping of the bed high stepping & jumping around the room. Things your body can't physically do after multiple back surgeries. Suddenly surrounded by 4 nurses saying oh boy, this reaction to reglan only happens maybe 4 times in their careers (to this extent.) They gave me 3 shots of something to reverse effects, but took over & hour! Now have a reglan allergy band!!!"

Migraine sufferer for 25 years (taken for 10 years or more) January 16, 2016

"Hey ladies, My first pregnancy was a breeze! Then I got pregnant with this one and at 5 weeks we found out because I was so sick I was vomiting at least 5 times a day. I finally asked my Dr. for help due to being concerned about my baby getting nutrients and food. He prescribed me Reglan 10mg and I take it 4 times a day -30 minutes before I eat and IT IS AMAZING! It does take about 25/30 minutes to kick in. I dont have any side effects yet and I hope it stays that way. So far I have been taking it for almost 4 weeks."

AirakeeSioux November 12, 2015

"I had to go to the ER since nothing was working with my nausea and acid reflux. I tried so many nausea meds since I've been pregnant (19 weeks). I have ulcers from this. They prescribed me this and it helps. I take it when I wake up, keeps me awake, and I can finally eat. And I haven't had any side affects"

Acid Reflux mom September 12, 2015

"I went to the ER because I was extremely dehydrated due to vomiting in my pregnancy, I was given Reglan thru an IV. Within minutes I felt jittery and despite how sick I was I couldn't sit down. They then gave me Benadryl thru my IV which knocked me out. The ER doc released me with a script for reglan and told me I wouldn't have the "jittery" side effects with the pill like I did thru the IV. I took reglan 4 times a day as prescribed for 5 days. In those 5 days I have never in my life felt so miserable, I was sweating, had a fever, became jaundice, hallucinated, QUIT MY JOB. never felt so sick in all my life. Today is day one without Reglan and it is night and day difference in how I feel off the medicine. I don't recommend this drug!"

Pregnant Mom August 21, 2015

"Was given Reglan @ER for severe vomiting. My heart began to race & I felt extremely jittery & anxious. As sick as I was, I couldn't even lie down anymore, I was so "hyped up". They had to give me Ativan to reverse the effects of the Reglan. Never again."

Sammygrl (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 28, 2015

"I was given Reglan through IV after another medicine failed to help with my nausea. It worked and I never noticed any side effects."

Anonymous June 22, 2015

"The reaction I had to this medication was scary. I am 12 weeks pregnant and went to the emergancy room because I couldn't keep anything down so they started an IV and shot this medication straight into IV and when it hit me I felt horrible like I was having a panic attack. I also broke out in a rash. Never again!!! Horrible experience!"

Anonymous June 16, 2015

"Hated it didn't help one bit made me throw up evertime I took it"

Anonymous June 8, 2015

"Was given this in ER through an IV. Immediately heart started racing and felt like I was going to pass out. Blood pressure went from 124 to 159 within seconds. Never want to experience that again."

Anonymous May 7, 2015

"I've been suffering from nausea/vomiting due to my pregnancy. At the Emergency Hospital I was prescribed to take Reglan 10mg. Bought the medicine and afraid to take it, took me two weeks to finally try them due to horrible reviews I read online. This medicine stopped my vomiting and to my surprise never had any side effect on me."

Kulit January 12, 2015

"I had 3-10 mg tabs in a day. By the third pill my throat was swelling, hives had appeared, I was agitated, confused & having horrible cramps. Was given 50 mg Benadryl every 4 hours for first 24 hours but it took 3 days to return to normal."

HoneyGram57 (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2013

"I am 15 weeks pregnant, and have been fighting hyperemesis since week 10. I obviously don't want to take ANY medicines while pregnant, but the risk of not eating and drinking has become much worse. I've had 3 I.V.'s. I tried Unisom with B6, Zofran, even Phenergan. Nothing touches the vomiting. Reglan is the only medicine that will stop the vomiting AND allow me to eat and drink. I take it only when I'm totally desperate, but it is a miracle."

EllieJoey (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2013

"I was given Reglan in the E.R. via I.V. for nausea/vomiting, It caused extreme panic and agitation! I was given Benadryl to reverse the horrible reaction."

ajacobsen74 (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2013

"I've been sick for weeks! Can't eat or drink! Stomach pain! It's been a nightmare and Reglan worked in the first hour! Amazing!!"

FTA March 9, 2013

"I got prescribed the Reglan, for my nausea, and gastroparesis, and I only need to take two or three days worth and not the full months worth, it works great, except for one of the minor side effects that I get every time I take it. I would recommend it to anybody who has nausea, gastroparesis, GERD."

Anonymous February 7, 2013

"I have been taking this medicine off and on for about 2 years. When I first started I hated it because it made me feel anxious and depressed and emotional. I was on 10mg a few times a day. It took the sickness away but I couldn't handle the side effects so I stopped and the sickness came back. Finally the Dr. cut it down to 5mg and I felt so much better with that. The side effects were gone and sickness was controlled too. I'm doing very well with this medicine but the long term use still has me nervous because I don't want to develop tremors later. So far so good and I feel pretty good."

Anonymous January 3, 2012

"I was given Reglan via IV and mouth just prior to both of my c-sections. On both occasions, within minutes I was very anxious. On the operating table I had an anxiety attack and was begging for someone to help me. Everyone just thought I was freaking out because it was a c-section. I thought I had gone crazy. It ruined both of my childbirth experiences because I didn't care about the birth - all I wanted was to crawl out of my skin and disappear so I could get away from the awful panic and anxiety. Although I was physically present for the birth, mentally and emotionally I had checked out. "

Anonymous November 3, 2011

"I was given this in IV before surgey. I immediately became anxious and could not sit still . The PA said "oh yes this happens sometimes". They had to give me Benadryl to calm me down. It was the worst experience I have had -out of control and jumpy. "

TotalKneeDone November 1, 2011

"I was given Reglan intravenously for nausea while in the emergency room. Almost immediately I began have these overwhelming urges to rip the IV out of my arm and run away as fast as possible, it felt like a shock wave was passing through every muscle in my body. The nurse said it was "restlessness" and it wasn't uncommon. Every few seconds the sensation would return, and all I could do was wiggle around in the bed and cry, I felt so helpless. It took an hour for the feelings could go away. "

Chanel217 October 27, 2011

"I use it whenever I really need it and it works excellent! 10mg takes about 15 to 20 minutes to kick in but I'm not complaining. Takes my nausea away completely, I love this medicine."

Anonymous December 11, 2010

"Did not like the way the medication made me feel after."

Anonymous February 4, 2010

"I couldn't eat, sleep, caused hallucinations, nervousness, unsteadiness while walking, urinary retention, and depression. "

Anonymous January 31, 2010