User Reviews for Reglan

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Reglan.

Reglan Rating Summary

4.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 213 medications used in the treatment of Nausea/Vomiting.

Reviews for Reglan to treat Nausea/Vomiting

"I was given this medication while I was in the ER with food poisoning. It made me feel like I was crawling out of my skin with anxiety. It was like having the worst panic attack ever that I couldn't escape.... My heart was racing and I felt like I was going to die. The nurse came in and gave me some Benadryl, saying that reaction sometimes occurs with that medication. It made me go to sleep and it was such a relief."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I will never take reglan ever again! Worst experience of my life! As soon as they gave me reglan through my iv I started having crazy facing thoughts, fast heart rate, felt anxious and had anxiety, couldn't stop moving, and was sweating profusely. NEVER AGAIN"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Have been on Reglan over 1 year. With Reglan I am again able to participate in physical activity without vomiting and nausea AFTERWARDS. Last week Dr says we still don't know why when I get over heated or stressed I vomit get light sensitive nausea etc. Put me on Zofran, blah feel like rubbish with a constant headache now. What do I do."

Hazer July 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"IM injections of Reglan helped to relieve my nausea and vomiting that resulted from serious side adverse effects from an antibiotic."

TomJann June 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Was in hospital following surgery and was given Reglan IV to control nausea when zofran didn't work. I developed intermittent atrial fibrillation. My nurse and I both noticed my heart would be fine until sometime after my shot of Reglan. She called hospital pharmacist who said it was feasible Reglan could cause cardiac trouble. Once Reglan was withheld, the afib stopped. It certainly helped the nausea, but not good to wind up with afib."

4IdBlonde May 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have sickle cell disease so in addition to severe pain I have bouts of nausea/vomiting. I was given Reglan in the ER; within 5 min I felt extreme agitation, restlessness, dripping sweat & shaking uncontrollably. I begged the nurse to tell the doctor I was having a reaction. She did but with very little urgency, instead telling me to get back in the stretcher but I couldn't due to sweating, shaking & needing to pace. I was sent for a chest X-ray but the tech sent me back saying she was uncomfortable handling me in this state. I again pleaded with the nurse to call the doctor. He finally came & I was given benedryl to reverse the effects. I felt calmer but it took a while for the shaking to stop. Nurse & doctor acted like I was crazy smh."

Shaina A May 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was in the Emergency Room for a kidney stone and was given a couple medications in my IV. I told the nurse that I was becoming very nauseous and needed something to prevent myself from vomiting. She came back with a syringe and thought it was Zofran. The nurse began pushing the medication and said that she was administering Reglan. About 2 minutes later, my chest felt extremely tight, I couldn't stop moving my legs or hold still. I had an extreme urge to rip my IV out and run... and run... and run... I had a feeling of anxiety unlike anything I have ever felt before. It wasn't your typical 'butterflies', this was like I wanted to escape my skin or just end it all right there. I would much rather be dead than to feel the way Reglan felt."

Josh95 May 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was given reglan about two months ago to subside the vomiting that came along with hyperemesis gravidarum from my pregnancy. While it fixed that issue, it gave me the worst depression. I don't want to leave my bed, shower, or take care of myself or anything else. I'm letting go of this drug tomorrow."

Ashbrooke (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"OMG! This is the first time I have ever seen anyone else besides myself have an issue like this with Reglan. The first time I got it was while waiting to have surgery and the longer I sat there, the more panic stricken I became til I was just sure if I stayed I was going to die in surgery so I pulled the IV, got dressed and went home. When it wore off I felt crazy so called nurse at ay surgery and she said it happens frequently and we should try again using plain saline, not even ringers solution. I was fine the second time around. I also get it from Compazine, phenergan and ativan. They call this reaction Akathesia. ER gave me Cogentin and a couple of xanax and it was gone in 15 minutes. AWful, awful feeling!"

n2braves (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Prescribed reglan at the ER for slow gastric emptying and nausea while pregnant. My third dose is when I had the side effects. Restlessness, agitation, and the feeling of crawling out of my skin. Side effects finally went away after 6 hours. It was awful and I will never take reglan again"

Liz bell (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have had nausea for years and nothing worked so my doctor gave me Reglan. At first it worked and I was so happy then the side effects blasted in! I have never been sicker in my life. I was unable to get out of bed. I lost my mind for a long time. I even named the sides of my bed. Right side was chocolate and left was vanilla!. I could not get comfortable. I lost around 100 lbs because I couldn't eat. My kids thought I had gone crazy. THEN the worst side effect, Tardis Dykinesia set in. It is an untreatable disease that caused crazy facial ticks and body movements. This disease NEVER goes away. I have been bed bound for 8 years because of this drug! DON'T TAKE IT!!! It has a black label that warns of the horrible side effect"

mjr9550 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This medicine is horrible. My doctor switched me to this from zofran because of constipation. I took this 1 time and it is causing severe anxiety, blurred vision, irritability and an overall weird and bad feeling all over. I needed a medication for severe pregnancy nausea and this did absolutely nothing but make me feel horrible. It also made my headaches worse. I am throwing the remainder of the pills in the trash bc that it what they are."

MrsKP (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"All these negative posts about reglan sounds like it's from the same person. I have seen reglan work wonders and help people get their life back. It's a great drug if used properly."

Lisa RN forever 63 (taken for 10 years or more) February 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been taking this medication for almost 3 years now, and never had one side effect or anything but relief. I get severe headaches and ontop of that, stomach/intestional infections frequently. This is the only medicine that helps with the vomiting and nausea. And believe me, I've taken EVERYTHING in between when dealing with my issues. Reading all these comments about everyone's bad reactions is really surprising to me. I guess it affects everyone differently sometimes."

August Winterman January 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Don't ever take Reglan. It is an old school antipsychotic that was given to severely ill patients such as schizophrenics. It's like Haldol. It blocks dopamine receptors and can cause movement disorders. These uneducated, idiot doctors that hand these out for headaches and stomache conditions, should lose their licenses. It's disgusting. NEVER take them.."

Reglan Is An Antipsychotic (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"had it long back for 6months 1/2 tab twice a day for stomach infection with other medicine . Realized very late that I was allergic to this medicine. felt like ending my life. depressed."

arjun5 December 22, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Went to the e.r for a really bad stomach virus. They have me reglan trying to stop the vomiting. I felt like I was freezing. My boyfriend stacked 10 blankets on me. I felt something was terribly wrong, I RIPPED MY I.V OUT AND STARTED RUNNING OUT THE HOSPITAL. I thought I lost my mind. After they grabbed me and knocked me out with benadryl I slept for 24 hours. STOP GIVING THIS MEDICINE!"

Why are they still giving this (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was given Reglan pre surgery last month. My daughter was with me and warned me that she had a bad experience with the drug; made her anxious and weird feeling. The nurse said that the chances of me experiencing any symptoms were very low, so I went ahead and let her administer it to me. Bad decision! The side effects were horrifying. I felt the need to leave the hospital and felt super anxious. Luckily they were able to rinse out with saline and the effects subsided. If my daughter wasn't with me to explain, I would have thought I was losing my mind! Never again!"

Not Crazy April 27, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had my first injection of this on March 31 2016, I'm 50yrs old and have had Migraine, Hypertension attacks 45 yrs and suffered severe Gangrene when I was young. LETTING THEM GIVE ME THIS WAS A BIG MISTAKE FOR ME AND SEEMS OTHER COMMENTERS TOO. I now don't feel so bad at my Uncontrollable action after reading the same results to others. PLEASE READ OTHER COMMENTS IT SAVES ME THE TIME OF TELLING YOU THE SAME THING. That I lost all control UN-COGNITIVELY after the drug was injected, I ripped out IV left still sick. 3 days later I haven't eaten "lost appetite" NO urine strength and left with confused depression."

ULC Minister (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was in the ER w a migraine and dehydration due to vomiting. Instead of the regular phenagren I receive, I was administered Reglan. I became very irritated, jittery, and irrational. I tried to get out of the hospital bed and pull out my IV. It took four soldiers (we are military) to hold me down to give me a shot to counteract the Reglan. Needless to say I have Reglan allergy in my medical records now."

Mrs. DJ January 26, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been in & out of ER for years when a really nasty migraine won't stop with at home meds. I usually get a migraine cocktail with either phenergan & nuban, or benadryl & reglan. Only this time I was uncontrollably vomiting with a hernia & back surgery and needed relief pronto. When they administered benadryl I was fine, then the reglan & within minutes I was literally jumping of the bed high stepping & jumping around the room. Things your body can't physically do after multiple back surgeries. Suddenly surrounded by 4 nurses saying oh boy, this reaction to reglan only happens maybe 4 times in their careers (to this extent.) They gave me 3 shots of something to reverse effects, but took over & hour! Now have a reglan allergy band!!!"

Migraine sufferer for 25 years (taken for 10 years or more) January 16, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Hey ladies, My first pregnancy was a breeze! Then I got pregnant with this one and at 5 weeks we found out because I was so sick I was vomiting at least 5 times a day. I finally asked my Dr. for help due to being concerned about my baby getting nutrients and food. He prescribed me Reglan 10mg and I take it 4 times a day -30 minutes before I eat and IT IS AMAZING! It does take about 25/30 minutes to kick in. I dont have any side effects yet and I hope it stays that way. So far I have been taking it for almost 4 weeks."

AirakeeSioux November 12, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had to go to the ER since nothing was working with my nausea and acid reflux. I tried so many nausea meds since I've been pregnant (19 weeks). I have ulcers from this. They prescribed me this and it helps. I take it when I wake up, keeps me awake, and I can finally eat. And I haven't had any side affects"

Acid Reflux mom September 12, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I went to the ER because I was extremely dehydrated due to vomiting in my pregnancy, I was given Reglan thru an IV. Within minutes I felt jittery and despite how sick I was I couldn't sit down. They then gave me Benadryl thru my IV which knocked me out. The ER doc released me with a script for reglan and told me I wouldn't have the "jittery" side effects with the pill like I did thru the IV. I took reglan 4 times a day as prescribed for 5 days. In those 5 days I have never in my life felt so miserable, I was sweating, had a fever, became jaundice, hallucinated, QUIT MY JOB. never felt so sick in all my life. Today is day one without Reglan and it is night and day difference in how I feel off the medicine. I don't recommend this drug!"

Pregnant Mom August 21, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Was given Reglan @ER for severe vomiting. My heart began to race & I felt extremely jittery & anxious. As sick as I was, I couldn't even lie down anymore, I was so "hyped up". They had to give me Ativan to reverse the effects of the Reglan. Never again."

Sammygrl (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 28, 2015