User Reviews for Reglan

Learn more about Reglan.

Reglan Rating Summary

4.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 127 medications used in the treatment of Migraine.

Reviews for Reglan to treat Migraine

"I'm surprised to see all of the negative comments about the reglan, Benadryl, toradol combo. It's been a life saver for me! When I've gotten a terrible migraine that I couldn't shake, this was the only combo that could help me. I never experienced any bad side effects like the ones people have mentioned. I've been given it several times while at the hospital and it has always gotten rid of my migraines without really any negative side effects. The only thing is that it makes me really sleepy."

Anonymous April 4, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have had a migraine for a week and went to the ER. They gave me IV benadryl and reglan. After about an hour they came in to check on me. I don't remember this but they said I said the headache was gone. Now 5 weeks later I still have the headache and I'm afraid to go back. Do not let them give you this cocktail as I don't remember anything. Who knows what could have been done to me while I was out of it. I will never let them give me this medication again."

bowling deb (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I went to the ER for extreme neck and head pain. They said they were going to treat me with a headache cocktail. The nurse shot 3 medicines in me quickly. The first was reglan. Immediately after she put this in my iv I felt an intense pressure in my chest and I could barely breathe. I began to feel so restless and jittery. I wanted to jump up and rip the IV out and run. I tried to lay there and calm down but I felt terrible intense anxiety and worried I was going to die. I felt panic like never before. I thought something was wrong with me, I'm so glad I'm not alone. I'll never agree to this medicine again, and my head still hurt when I left!"

Shelee (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I went to E R with a Migraine I had had for about 4 days. I was given this medication. I was in so much pain. I was so Anxious. I told them I was still in pain. My blood pressure was going up and down. I will never let the give this to me again. I was there 6 hours and let with no relief. I felt like I was tortured . Reglan and Benadryl"

Tedmirgrane suffer January 23, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Visited the ER due to intense migraine lasting 7 days with 4 impacted wisdom teeth coming in. Face swollen, migraine and intense anxiety went to a different hospital and was hoping for something that WORKED, But got the reglan/benedryl cocktail which made me freak out like a idoit and I cried for anxiety meds when a new doctor came in and denied me anything else and called me a pill popper, although the only meds I'm taking are for my teeth pain (antibiotic and a steroid) and also continued to be rude while still having an outrageous migraine. Home now...hours later...with a migraine still......"

Chelseabergstresser January 8, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I went to the hospital for a bad migraine that at the time lasted 3 days. The worst I've ever had. They gave me a cocktail of raglin and benadryl through my IV. Within a minute my chest felt like it was burning. I couldn't breath, my blood pressure skyrocketed. They administered the benadryl and still no help. My chest felt heavy and I thought I was going to die. I couldn't move, talk or anything. They put oxygen on my face and called the Dr in to see me. He then administered valium STAT, then I began to calm down. They said that the nurse administered the Raglin to fast causing the side effects. After about 4 hours in the ER they Sent me home. At least I left with the migraine gone! But never again will I allow Ragin to be administered to me!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Due to chronic pain I take a lot of meds to begin with. I ended up in the hospital with a severe migraine that I'd already had for a few days (among other things). Morphine wasn't helping, not even Dilauded helped. I don't know who made the switch, but finally at the end of the second day a nurse came in to give me the Raglan, Toradol, Benadryl combo. Oh how I loved her after that. It burned slightly going into my IV (but Potassium burned a hell of a lot more) but that was really it. I didn't feel jittery but it's the usual initial feeling of light-headedness and warmth. It didn't last long and within a few minutes my head was starting to feel better. I was surprised this worked so well."

Michelle PInder (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was inpatient in the hospital for a 5 day migraine. I was given Reglan and benadryl thru IV several times over a 4 day hospital stay and it helped the migraines in mins. I want you to understand how miserable I was. I had to have the curtains always drawn, couldn't watch TV or listen to music, and the room always felt like it was spinning. l noticed that when they administer the benadryl, it burns when given thru IV. I had competent nurses who administered it slowly to prevent intense burning. I also noticed after both were administered, I felt like I needed to move around, so my fingers and legs twitched a little, but not too much. It helped more than anything, and I'm really happy it was there as an option."

Laraaa (taken for less than 1 month) November 25, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have given this through IV at the hospital for migraine without being warned of side effects. Within 15 minutes my entire body felt like it was on fire and I felt unbearably agitated and insane. I was writhing in the bed and gripping at my face and they told me it would pass. It took a benadryl and about 45 minutes to calm down. Reglan was probably the scariest experience of my life."

Nightmare Drug (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was given a cocktail of reglan and Benadryl for a migraine at the ER. Within no time the migraine was gone, but a few minutes later I got an awful panic attack. I thought was going to die. I wanted to rip the iv out of my arm. When this happened my boyfriend got the doctor and she said this happens to about 50% of people. Since I'm so small they started with only a half dose of Benadryl to make me sleep, but after I couldn't sleep because of the side effects from reglan they gave me the other half dose. I am lucky to have had my bf there to get a nurse and calm me, and I'm lucky they could give me more Benadryl. I will not take this medicine again. If you have to take reglan bring someone to help you, but I suggest not taking this at all."

Adago November 12, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I as well had a severe migraine that was 2 days old. Went to ER and she said, let's try reglan and bene. I said do whatever. Withing 20 secs of the IV, I literally froze. My heart was beating insanely, my brain was doing 100, and my body froze. I couldn't move if someone pointed a gun at me. I tripped out so bad. She tried talking to me and I didn't even answer. So she said the lights would turn off and get some sleep. I finally could move my fingers to text my then bf, please come lol. I was pregnant years after and with that came migraines. Went to my doctor and she said, Let's try Regl-...I stopped her and said like hell! She just did benadryl and Tylenol 3 pills. Good lord. That drug is for the devil I'm sure."

KittyTucker November 5, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"IF YOU HAVE NEVER TAKEN THIS DRUG DONT! Reglan was given to me for my migrane. I have anxiety normally. Once given Reglan I had Panic attacks jumping up, freaking out, trying to get the hell out of the hospital. They wouldn't let me leave so I started ripping out my iv and started walking out. They caught me and strapped me down which I fought. I cried my body shook, Impeding dread, depression with an over active panic attack. Forgo the Benedryl It didnt help but siad I was "allergic to it" so they gave me benedryl and they gave me 2mg of Lorazapam and I started to calm down.I wanted 2 die Since then I tell them Im allergic 2 it but I still have panic attacks every time Im in the ER and severe anxiety I need meds for it now."

migranequeen (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 3, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I just wanted to say as someone who suffered immensely because of this drug, the reviews here regarding other people's experiences has been a great comfort to me as I now know I am not alone nor am I crazy for having felt it. The sheer, true panic this drug caused me is completely indescribable. Before taking Reglan I had no problem with doctors, hospitals, or even needles. I went to the hospital a couple months ago for a very severe migraine and they gave me Reglan for nausea. Within moments of having taken it, I experienced the most insane panic attack of my life. I don't even know if you can describe it as simply a "panic attack" because it was so much more and so much worse than that. I nearly ripped the IV out of my arm."

AdoreD October 12, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Yesterday I went to the emergency room with severe vertigo that I had for three days prior and a migraine had started two days after the vertigo and it was painful it was the first time I ever went to an emergency room for a head ache. They were very worried I could not walk due to the severe vertigo so they decided to give me mezacline and Reglan in an IV drip and something for nausea and within 10 minutes of the IV I began shaking uncontrollably all over and my muscles were twitching my stomach was burning horribly and I literally felt a panic so severe I thought I was dying and finally it became so bad the doctor gave me a Valium and within 10 minutes I felt back to normal .Reglan was the problem and I NEVER want that feeling again!"

Siggy Lothbrok October 10, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have chronic migraines and used to get either dilaudid or Demerol w phenergan and toradol. Now because I'm "chronic " hospital will not give me narcs. They try and give me reglan and Benadryl which does nothing at all yet they still won't give me anything for relief. IVe told them over and over reglan does nothing but they don't listen. Because I have PO dilaudid that I isually vomit up when the migraine is so bad they tell me they'll give me phenergan and go home and take dilaudid. Which won't work. I go to er for immediate relief. Not to be treated like a dope seeker"

Jax71 October 1, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"If I could rate this medication 0 I would. I was in the hospital due to a severe migraine while pregnant. They gave me reglan IV and i swear to god it produced the worst dysphoria imaginable. I felt like I wanted to rip my IV out and leave the hospital. I called my fiance up histerically crying begging him to leave work and come pick me up. It gave me a panic attack so severe I still get anxious just thinking about the experience. Reglan should be banned in my opinion. Ive never experienced anything like that in my life. Oh and almost forgot, it made me twitch for about 3 days after having it."

MasonsMomma90 (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was diagnosed with a migraine. Given Reglan pill and ibuprofen. Didn't really take my headache away until after I got home and time passed I was able to take my Excedrin Migraine. Not sure Reglan worked as well as the good old standby..so no need for me to fill the prescription he also gave me. One was enough.."

G.S. (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Had a myelogram on a Friday. By Sunday I had the worst headache in my life! Tried to get through the pain but by Monday morning I was told to go to ER. I told them I had a spinal headache, not my typical migraine. They gave me IV fentanyl which calmed it for 20 minutes. They then gave me the 'cocktail' of Benadryl, Reglan, and Toradol. Within minutes I was shaking violently and couldn't control it. It made me so nauseated. I thought I was going to either have a seizure or a heart attack! It didn't give me any relief at all- not even sleepy. After several unsuccessful pages to anesthesia for a blood patch, I said I had enough and wanted out of there (after more than 6 hours in the ER)."

No way! June 17, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I went to ER because of a bad headache due to my blood pressure being up. They gave me Reglan and Benadryl. Within seconds I felt such a rush that I thought that I was having an allergic reaction. I started asking what was wrong with me, what did you give me. I could not lift my head or turn myself over. I felt limp as if I were a rag doll . I thought that I was dying and kept asking my husband to pray for me and call my pastor. This was the worst drug reaction that I ever experienced. I hope others have better results."

Marilyndenise May 21, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I had had a stroke on Dec 17, 10 days after a stent had been put n my neck. A few nights later I had to go to the ER as I had the worst headache of my life on the left side of my head. They said they were going to give me a concoction that takes away any kind of headache. It was Reglan, benadryl , and Pepcid...and I'm sorry for all the negativity on these other posts, it almost seems like the same person keeps coming in and saying the same things....cuz I get panic attacks very easy but this concoction not only knocked me out for 5 hrs. It took the headache totally away so a big thumbs up they even gave me a prescription for reglan..."

TJude March 1, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have severe migranes I whould say on a monthly basis and usualy they give me in the ER room morphine thru the IV but one time the doctor decided to give me this Reglan which change my life in to the worst ! I do not know how this medicine can treat something ! I felt like burning sensation first in to my stomach and then I started to think that I'm going to die because I wanted to pull out the IV and I was restless , shaking , panicking , anxious and I wanted to pull put the IV line. The nurses looked at me like I was possessed by demon ! After one year I still feel anxious and weird I know this med change my life in to the worst !"

Anphi March 1, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Well I have a history of migraines and take fiorcet and usually that works .. But not this time and so Doc at ER this shot IV for migraine well Benadryl makes u very sleepy anyway then to come back in ask me how I was well I'm so sleepy but today this morning hurting like hell .... Don't understand why he couldn't give me like 12 or 10 tabs of a pain med like Vicodin or even Tylenol #3 to get me by just really didn't think I was asking that much he made me feel like a drug seeker I was in pain bad he acted like it was sinus problems that's so crazy .. I had been crying of course my nose was running ... I feel people that need help can't get it and the ones that don't need it get whatever they what ... I see this a lot at wk"

Anonymous February 26, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Anytime you go into an ER with a migraine the doc will automatically try an avoid real meds and instead says we're gonna try reglan which has a sedative effect and then add Benadryl and knock you out, turn off the lights and close the door for Dark and quiet. Good thing for any kind of headache. About thirty minutes later the doctor rushes in flips on the light and says how's the headache? At thirty minutes of sleeping your just starting to hit REM. You're groggy from the sedative effects therefore not thinking clearly so you answer like um ok I guess. "Great lets get you outa here." On the way out as you're waking up you realize the pain is still there but too late. Reglan is great for the Doctors but does nothing for the patient."

Rwd681 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 11, 2016

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Horrible side effects. I was suddenly filled with aggression and rage after taking it. I was so irritated that I had to tell the doctor to give me something to calm me down before I ripped out my IV. Not something you want to deal with during a migraine."

DavidAC December 21, 2015

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Lord! This was like a death experience for me. I am scarred for life. I have been feeling sick for about 4 days in which I acquired sore throat, earache, stiff neck, super swollen lymph nodes, fever and the worst headache ever. After initial test that ruled out negative for meningitis, mono and strep throat they decided to give me a cocktail of reglan and benadryl through my iv. Within seconds I felt a burning sensation as well as sleepy..so I thought I would be okay. Boy! Was I wrong. My heart was racing 150bpm I lost my voice was super jittery and felt like I was going to die. The nurse told me to relax she looked worried. I wanted to pull my IV off I told her get it off and she insisted that she will give me Toradol to help calm me. :("

Anonymous December 1, 2015