User Reviews for Metoclopramide

Also known as: Maxolon, Metozolv ODT, Reglan

Learn more about Metoclopramide.

Metoclopramide Rating Summary

4.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 129 medications used in the treatment of Migraine.

Reviews for Metoclopramide to treat Migraine

"Had a horrible horrible headache for 3 days so I called a Dr I knew I told him I can't open my eyes I'm dizzy and my head hurts so bad and I'm nauseated and hardly can stand up or see he said go to er now so I called my mom when we got to hospital I walked into glass door didn't even see it or feel it just know my head pounding once I got in back they gave me a cocktail of toradol benadryl and reglan within 30 min my blood pressure was down from 199 /100 to 130 /77 and headache gone I felt the weight was lifted of my head ty rn at srmc I will remember that cocktail always"

donna pets va (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 26, 2016

"I went to ER for a three day migraine after sumatriptan wouldn't work. I was given a cocktail of Benadryl, Reglan, and toradol in an IV. After a few minutes I became very restless and couldn't stop shaking. My pulse and blood pressure skyrocketed. I felt like my head was going to explode. I called the nurse and was given more Benadryl to counteract the Reglan. I slept great for almost 3 hours in the ER and my migraine was gone when I left."

Jo42485 August 21, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide): "If I could rate this medication 0 I would. I was in the hospital due to a severe migraine while pregnant. They gave me reglan IV and i swear to god it produced the worst dysphoria imaginable. I felt like I wanted to rip my IV out and leave the hospital. I called my fiance up histerically crying begging him to leave work and come pick me up. It gave me a panic attack so severe I still get anxious just thinking about the experience. Reglan should be banned in my opinion. Ive never experienced anything like that in my life. Oh and almost forgot, it made me twitch for about 3 days after having it."

MasonsMomma90 (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide): "I was diagnosed with a migraine. Given Reglan pill and ibuprofen. Didn't really take my headache away until after I got home and time passed I was able to take my Excedrin Migraine. Not sure Reglan worked as well as the good old standby..so no need for me to fill the prescription he also gave me. One was enough.."

G.S. (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2016

"I had a migraine for 3 days. And noticed double vision on day 3. I had my sister to take me to the ER. I was given Metoclopramide in my IV. It worked like a wonder drug. I have a presciption and haven't had any problems. 3 months later I had another migraine took 10g tablet of regular and took a nap. Felt great. Sorry it doesn't work for everyone."

Ruby Senior June 27, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide): "Had a myelogram on a Friday. By Sunday I had the worst headache in my life! Tried to get through the pain but by Monday morning I was told to go to ER. I told them I had a spinal headache, not my typical migraine. They gave me IV fentanyl which calmed it for 20 minutes. They then gave me the 'cocktail' of Benadryl, Reglan, and Toradol. Within minutes I was shaking violently and couldn't control it. It made me so nauseated. I thought I was going to either have a seizure or a heart attack! It didn't give me any relief at all- not even sleepy. After several unsuccessful pages to anesthesia for a blood patch, I said I had enough and wanted out of there (after more than 6 hours in the ER)."

No way! June 17, 2016

"Horrible.Went into ER for 2 week long headache. Never saw a Doctor the entire time I was there but 3 nurses and a PA. One of the 3 different nurses came into finally administer the "cocktail" from hell. Now I told them I suffer from anxiety, yet I was told it would only cause a warm sensation of being flushed. Well....that's bulls**t. After the first medication benedryl was administered I felt it cold going into my arm. Then the second Raglan which was shoved in my iv rather fast. The nurse asked me ...how are you feeling? I'm um um ok....and BAM it hit me! I felt a burning sensation across my chest...my eyes bugged out...my heart was beating out of my chest...I turned pale...I wanted to rip out my iv and run. And after she did...I ran out."

R Groh (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide): "I went to ER because of a bad headache due to my blood pressure being up. They gave me Reglan and Benadryl. Within seconds I felt such a rush that I thought that I was having an allergic reaction. I started asking what was wrong with me, what did you give me. I could not lift my head or turn myself over. I felt limp as if I were a rag doll . I thought that I was dying and kept asking my husband to pray for me and call my pastor. This was the worst drug reaction that I ever experienced. I hope others have better results."

Marilyndenise May 21, 2016

"I had the worse migraine when I went to the hospital throwing up the hole nine yeards till they gave me this pill it worked for me with in 20 minutes I was able to go home and go to sleep right after"

Cuddle bunny (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2016

"As a ER paramedic for 5years, critical care medic/firefighter.I want to apologize for those who felt the negative effects of the reglan but given on the correct form the combo is better then any narcotic pain reliever that everybody wants or seems to cure the problem when all it really does is mask the pain. 99% of you all who experienced anxiety, or jittery, anger or what not was due to the reglan being pushed way to fast and probably not properly diluted Example: at my hospital we carry reglan in 10mg/ml so I waste 1 ml of my flush draw it up and now have a 1on1 ratio. always! start Benadryl first, flush/open the fluid treatment, backup. While this is happening your drawing up your reglan then SLOWLY give reglan over 5to8 mins"

Tatertot1292 March 27, 2016

"I thought I was the only one this anxiety attack happened to. I went to the ER for a migraine. I was given Benadryl, Reglan and Toridol. I felt a burning feeling, then a sudden high. Next thing you know my heart start racing I was so scared Was shaking from being extremely cold. When I called the Nurse he looked at me as if I was crazy. I prayed myself to sleep. Horrible experience."

Nelly81 March 18, 2016

"I've never written any reviews on the internet before but after my experience in the ER last night I googled the effect of Reglan and Benadryl on headache just to see how other react and I feel better that many reacted like me so I'm not crazy. So they gave me reglan and Benadryl IV push I was just ready for a relief little did I know everything started moving so fast I was scared for my life. My husband was in the waiting room with our sons but I started texting him to come back but I couldn't even compose a text. The door was shut and the lights were dim and I had the worst anxiety attack. I've never felt like that in my life. Called for hubby begged him to ask the doc to le me go...which he did. Eventually I felt better at home."

Nanak2004 March 13, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide): "I had had a stroke on Dec 17, 10 days after a stent had been put n my neck. A few nights later I had to go to the ER as I had the worst headache of my life on the left side of my head. They said they were going to give me a concoction that takes away any kind of headache. It was Reglan, benadryl , and Pepcid...and I'm sorry for all the negativity on these other posts, it almost seems like the same person keeps coming in and saying the same things....cuz I get panic attacks very easy but this concoction not only knocked me out for 5 hrs. It took the headache totally away so a big thumbs up they even gave me a prescription for reglan..."

TJude March 1, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide): "I have severe migranes I whould say on a monthly basis and usualy they give me in the ER room morphine thru the IV but one time the doctor decided to give me this Reglan which change my life in to the worst ! I do not know how this medicine can treat something ! I felt like burning sensation first in to my stomach and then I started to think that I'm going to die because I wanted to pull out the IV and I was restless , shaking , panicking , anxious and I wanted to pull put the IV line. The nurses looked at me like I was possessed by demon ! After one year I still feel anxious and weird I know this med change my life in to the worst !"

Anphi March 1, 2016

"About 2 weeks ago I had a migraine that lasted for about 3 days until I finally went to the ER. When I was seen, the Dr gave me a mix of Reglan & Benedryl in an IV & boy was that the biggest mistake of my life. At first I felt silly & sleepy & even laughed a little. Then the next thing I know my eyes are wide becuz my heart starts racing like CRAZY!!! I already suffer from anxiety, I wish she would have mentioned the side effects before she injected me with the meds. I would have NEVER taken it via IV. I thought I was gonna die! Called the Dr back in & she told me to just calm down. My heart rate finally calmed but then I started shaking. Then came sleep. Woke up & felt a little better. Made me feel depressed a few days later. Traumatized forever"

SMJ810 (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide): "Well I have a history of migraines and take fiorcet and usually that works .. But not this time and so Doc at ER this shot IV for migraine well Benadryl makes u very sleepy anyway then to come back in ask me how I was well I'm so sleepy but today this morning hurting like hell .... Don't understand why he couldn't give me like 12 or 10 tabs of a pain med like Vicodin or even Tylenol #3 to get me by just really didn't think I was asking that much he made me feel like a drug seeker I was in pain bad he acted like it was sinus problems that's so crazy .. I had been crying of course my nose was running ... I feel people that need help can't get it and the ones that don't need it get whatever they what ... I see this a lot at wk"

Anonymous February 26, 2016

"I went to the ER 2 nights ago for a 3-week long headache that I guess was a migraine. I'm 19 weeks pregnant though, so any/all attempts to get headache help from my other doctors in the weeks leading up to the ER visit were not strong/good enough. They too gave me benedryl and reglan through an IV. Like other reviewers, I did immediately feel relaxed and drowsy and was able to doze a little. However, I felt jittery in my legs and then got very restless and wanted to leave the hospital. The IV was unconfortable the whole time and once the fluids were empty I got so impatient waiting for somebody to come remove the needle. Like others, by the time I was released, my headache started to return. I woke-up yesterday morning with the headache."

AG_NewYork February 11, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide): "Anytime you go into an ER with a migraine the doc will automatically try an avoid real meds and instead says we're gonna try reglan which has a sedative effect and then add Benadryl and knock you out, turn off the lights and close the door for Dark and quiet. Good thing for any kind of headache. About thirty minutes later the doctor rushes in flips on the light and says how's the headache? At thirty minutes of sleeping your just starting to hit REM. You're groggy from the sedative effects therefore not thinking clearly so you answer like um ok I guess. "Great lets get you outa here." On the way out as you're waking up you realize the pain is still there but too late. Reglan is great for the Doctors but does nothing for the patient."

Rwd681 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 11, 2016

"I'm 18, and had a lumbar puncture done on 12/29. I've had a severe migraine ever since, so on Tuesday children's hospital told my mom to take me to the ER. Once there, they gave me this and let me tell you, from someone who suffers from terrible panic attacks, this was genuinely one of the worst ones I've ever had. Ten minutes in I started feeling restless and starting moving and moving because I literally wanted to rip the IV out of my arm and run out. I got up and I started sobbing and I felt like I was going to die. I really wanted to just rip the IV out and I was terrified that I was going to. Mom had to call a nurse and they gave me Benadryl & that knocked me out, a day later though my severe migraine is back. Not worth it guys. Nope."

Sophia from the 1975 January 8, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide): "Horrible side effects. I was suddenly filled with aggression and rage after taking it. I was so irritated that I had to tell the doctor to give me something to calm me down before I ripped out my IV. Not something you want to deal with during a migraine."

DavidAC December 21, 2015

"I was given the IV "migraine cocktail" also when in the ER for a severe migraine. The nurse told me the Benadryl could make my chest feel heavy and possibly anxious. Benadryl was pushed slowly via IV and I started feeling relaxed and sleepy. THEN came the Reglan! After the Reglan was administered my relaxed sleepy state reversed and I felt like I wanted to rip the IV out of my arm, I felt so hot like I was boiling from the inside out, I was so nauseous, my heart rate went wayyy up. I was in full panic mode feeling like I made a huge mistake!!! I told my husband to get the nurse and when he finally found him he did nothing for me except tell me to calm down! Ugh... Never again will I put myself through that. Reglan...NO THANKS!"

SaraJH December 17, 2015

Reglan (metoclopramide): "Lord! This was like a death experience for me. I am scarred for life. I have been feeling sick for about 4 days in which I acquired sore throat, earache, stiff neck, super swollen lymph nodes, fever and the worst headache ever. After initial test that ruled out negative for meningitis, mono and strep throat they decided to give me a cocktail of reglan and benadryl through my iv. Within seconds I felt a burning sensation as well as sleepy..so I thought I would be okay. Boy! Was I wrong. My heart was racing 150bpm I lost my voice was super jittery and felt like I was going to die. The nurse told me to relax she looked worried. I wanted to pull my IV off I told her get it off and she insisted that she will give me Toradol to help calm me. :("

Anonymous December 1, 2015

"I was given this medicine in the ER for a horrible headache 2 years ago. My heart rate instantly shot up to 150 and I couldn't sit still. I wanted to rip my IV out. They pumped me full of ativan to try and get me to calm down. My legs and toes started moving on their own and they kept me in the hospital for 3 days!!! I now am plagued with horrible panic attacks and my toes still move on their own. Never take this drug!"

Sick of side effects November 21, 2015

"I have had migraines since age 19, at that time etiology unknown, but at 34 I was in an auto accident and found to have moderately severe scoliosis, and in 2006 I required a L4-5 S1 spinal fusion. I can control most migraines with either oral rizatriptan or rescue injections of sumatriptan, but 12/2014 I had a bilateral mastectomy for cancer with clearn margins and no involved lymph nodes. The added stress this past year caused severe migraines not responsive to injections. After numerous ER visits my primary physician prescribed 5mg oral Reglan prn nausea with migraine, and I now have relief with one-half tablet and sumatriptan injection. Reglan is sedating, calming, and I have 80% success in migraine relief."

jenmilwaukee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 17, 2015

Reglan (metoclopramide): "I went to the ER also last month because I was having bad migraines they gave me reglan and benadryl in the IV right away I was paranoid jittery and tried pulling the IV out my arm it was the worst feeling ever and I was so ready to go home. The good thing is that it did take my migraine away for about a month now. I just started having another migraine yesterday and I went to the ER 11-13-15 and they gave me the benadryl and reglan in the form of a pill - no IV and I didn't get that feeling this time just went to sleep really fast. I think it was the medicine going start in the IV straight to my blood stream a little to fast that gave me the bad side effects."

Marielovely November 14, 2015