User Reviews for Metoclopramide

Also known as: Maxolon, Metozolv ODT, Reglan

Learn more about Metoclopramide.

Metoclopramide Rating Summary

4.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 129 medications used in the treatment of Migraine.

Reviews for Metoclopramide to treat Migraine

Reglan (metoclopramide): "Due to chronic pain I take a lot of meds to begin with. I ended up in the hospital with a severe migraine that I'd already had for a few days (among other things). Morphine wasn't helping, not even Dilauded helped. I don't know who made the switch, but finally at the end of the second day a nurse came in to give me the Raglan, Toradol, Benadryl combo. Oh how I loved her after that. It burned slightly going into my IV (but Potassium burned a hell of a lot more) but that was really it. I didn't feel jittery but it's the usual initial feeling of light-headedness and warmth. It didn't last long and within a few minutes my head was starting to feel better. I was surprised this worked so well."

Michelle PInder (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2016

"I went to the ER with a terrible migraine. No warning of side effects, and while I was anticipating relief from the migraine the complete opposite and possibly even worse happened..It started with a little fidgeting and not being able to get comfortable in the hospital bed, and then I went from 0 to 60 as far as a freak out. I have never felt like that before my life and it was quite possibly the worst feeling ever. I was alone in the hospital because my husband had to be home with the kids and it was so frightening. I wanted to crawl out of my skin,my heart was racing and I was clawing at my face,and I had uncontrollable full body movements.I wanted it to stop and all I kept asking for was help and for someone to make it stop. NEVER AGAIN!"

LayBan November 30, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide): "I was inpatient in the hospital for a 5 day migraine. I was given Reglan and benadryl thru IV several times over a 4 day hospital stay and it helped the migraines in mins. I want you to understand how miserable I was. I had to have the curtains always drawn, couldn't watch TV or listen to music, and the room always felt like it was spinning. l noticed that when they administer the benadryl, it burns when given thru IV. I had competent nurses who administered it slowly to prevent intense burning. I also noticed after both were administered, I felt like I needed to move around, so my fingers and legs twitched a little, but not too much. It helped more than anything, and I'm really happy it was there as an option."

Laraaa (taken for less than 1 month) November 25, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide): "I have given this through IV at the hospital for migraine without being warned of side effects. Within 15 minutes my entire body felt like it was on fire and I felt unbearably agitated and insane. I was writhing in the bed and gripping at my face and they told me it would pass. It took a benadryl and about 45 minutes to calm down. Reglan was probably the scariest experience of my life."

Nightmare Drug (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide): "I was given a cocktail of reglan and Benadryl for a migraine at the ER. Within no time the migraine was gone, but a few minutes later I got an awful panic attack. I thought was going to die. I wanted to rip the iv out of my arm. When this happened my boyfriend got the doctor and she said this happens to about 50% of people. Since I'm so small they started with only a half dose of Benadryl to make me sleep, but after I couldn't sleep because of the side effects from reglan they gave me the other half dose. I am lucky to have had my bf there to get a nurse and calm me, and I'm lucky they could give me more Benadryl. I will not take this medicine again. If you have to take reglan bring someone to help you, but I suggest not taking this at all."

Adago November 12, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide): "I as well had a severe migraine that was 2 days old. Went to ER and she said, let's try reglan and bene. I said do whatever. Withing 20 secs of the IV, I literally froze. My heart was beating insanely, my brain was doing 100, and my body froze. I couldn't move if someone pointed a gun at me. I tripped out so bad. She tried talking to me and I didn't even answer. So she said the lights would turn off and get some sleep. I finally could move my fingers to text my then bf, please come lol. I was pregnant years after and with that came migraines. Went to my doctor and she said, Let's try Regl-...I stopped her and said like hell! She just did benadryl and Tylenol 3 pills. Good lord. That drug is for the devil I'm sure."

KittyTucker November 5, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide): "IF YOU HAVE NEVER TAKEN THIS DRUG DONT! Reglan was given to me for my migrane. I have anxiety normally. Once given Reglan I had Panic attacks jumping up, freaking out, trying to get the hell out of the hospital. They wouldn't let me leave so I started ripping out my iv and started walking out. They caught me and strapped me down which I fought. I cried my body shook, Impeding dread, depression with an over active panic attack. Forgo the Benedryl It didnt help but siad I was "allergic to it" so they gave me benedryl and they gave me 2mg of Lorazapam and I started to calm down.I wanted 2 die Since then I tell them Im allergic 2 it but I still have panic attacks every time Im in the ER and severe anxiety I need meds for it now."

migranequeen (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 3, 2016

"I'm a hospice nurse and have personally dealt with severe chronic pain with no relief from docs. I was just discharged today after having a 2 week long headache and a blood clot in my lung. Was only kept for 24 hrs but have been to the ER with the same complaints twice in one week. Was given the so called "wonder cocktail". Needless to say it didn't work. And I was given it several times with no relief. No matter how red my eyes were head feeling like its about explode. The docs basically ignored my complaints of pain. And I'm at home still in pain. I truly understand being treated like a drug seeker. For those of us who are truly suffering its a sad situation."

Night Nurse325 October 27, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide): "I just wanted to say as someone who suffered immensely because of this drug, the reviews here regarding other people's experiences has been a great comfort to me as I now know I am not alone nor am I crazy for having felt it. The sheer, true panic this drug caused me is completely indescribable. Before taking Reglan I had no problem with doctors, hospitals, or even needles. I went to the hospital a couple months ago for a very severe migraine and they gave me Reglan for nausea. Within moments of having taken it, I experienced the most insane panic attack of my life. I don't even know if you can describe it as simply a "panic attack" because it was so much more and so much worse than that. I nearly ripped the IV out of my arm."

AdoreD October 12, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide): "Yesterday I went to the emergency room with severe vertigo that I had for three days prior and a migraine had started two days after the vertigo and it was painful it was the first time I ever went to an emergency room for a head ache. They were very worried I could not walk due to the severe vertigo so they decided to give me mezacline and Reglan in an IV drip and something for nausea and within 10 minutes of the IV I began shaking uncontrollably all over and my muscles were twitching my stomach was burning horribly and I literally felt a panic so severe I thought I was dying and finally it became so bad the doctor gave me a Valium and within 10 minutes I felt back to normal .Reglan was the problem and I NEVER want that feeling again!"

Siggy Lothbrok October 10, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide): "I have chronic migraines and used to get either dilaudid or Demerol w phenergan and toradol. Now because I'm "chronic " hospital will not give me narcs. They try and give me reglan and Benadryl which does nothing at all yet they still won't give me anything for relief. IVe told them over and over reglan does nothing but they don't listen. Because I have PO dilaudid that I isually vomit up when the migraine is so bad they tell me they'll give me phenergan and go home and take dilaudid. Which won't work. I go to er for immediate relief. Not to be treated like a dope seeker"

Jax71 October 1, 2016

"Had a horrible horrible headache for 3 days so I called a Dr I knew I told him I can't open my eyes I'm dizzy and my head hurts so bad and I'm nauseated and hardly can stand up or see he said go to er now so I called my mom when we got to hospital I walked into glass door didn't even see it or feel it just know my head pounding once I got in back they gave me a cocktail of toradol benadryl and reglan within 30 min my blood pressure was down from 199 /100 to 130 /77 and headache gone I felt the weight was lifted of my head ty rn at srmc I will remember that cocktail always"

donna pets va (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 26, 2016

"I went to ER for a three day migraine after sumatriptan wouldn't work. I was given a cocktail of Benadryl, Reglan, and toradol in an IV. After a few minutes I became very restless and couldn't stop shaking. My pulse and blood pressure skyrocketed. I felt like my head was going to explode. I called the nurse and was given more Benadryl to counteract the Reglan. I slept great for almost 3 hours in the ER and my migraine was gone when I left."

Jo42485 August 21, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide): "If I could rate this medication 0 I would. I was in the hospital due to a severe migraine while pregnant. They gave me reglan IV and i swear to god it produced the worst dysphoria imaginable. I felt like I wanted to rip my IV out and leave the hospital. I called my fiance up histerically crying begging him to leave work and come pick me up. It gave me a panic attack so severe I still get anxious just thinking about the experience. Reglan should be banned in my opinion. Ive never experienced anything like that in my life. Oh and almost forgot, it made me twitch for about 3 days after having it."

MasonsMomma90 (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide): "I was diagnosed with a migraine. Given Reglan pill and ibuprofen. Didn't really take my headache away until after I got home and time passed I was able to take my Excedrin Migraine. Not sure Reglan worked as well as the good old standby..so no need for me to fill the prescription he also gave me. One was enough.."

G.S. (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2016

"I had a migraine for 3 days. And noticed double vision on day 3. I had my sister to take me to the ER. I was given Metoclopramide in my IV. It worked like a wonder drug. I have a presciption and haven't had any problems. 3 months later I had another migraine took 10g tablet of regular and took a nap. Felt great. Sorry it doesn't work for everyone."

Ruby Senior June 27, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide): "Had a myelogram on a Friday. By Sunday I had the worst headache in my life! Tried to get through the pain but by Monday morning I was told to go to ER. I told them I had a spinal headache, not my typical migraine. They gave me IV fentanyl which calmed it for 20 minutes. They then gave me the 'cocktail' of Benadryl, Reglan, and Toradol. Within minutes I was shaking violently and couldn't control it. It made me so nauseated. I thought I was going to either have a seizure or a heart attack! It didn't give me any relief at all- not even sleepy. After several unsuccessful pages to anesthesia for a blood patch, I said I had enough and wanted out of there (after more than 6 hours in the ER)."

No way! June 17, 2016

"Horrible.Went into ER for 2 week long headache. Never saw a Doctor the entire time I was there but 3 nurses and a PA. One of the 3 different nurses came into finally administer the "cocktail" from hell. Now I told them I suffer from anxiety, yet I was told it would only cause a warm sensation of being flushed. Well....that's bulls**t. After the first medication benedryl was administered I felt it cold going into my arm. Then the second Raglan which was shoved in my iv rather fast. The nurse asked me ...how are you feeling? I'm um um ok....and BAM it hit me! I felt a burning sensation across my chest...my eyes bugged out...my heart was beating out of my chest...I turned pale...I wanted to rip out my iv and run. And after she did...I ran out."

R Groh (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide): "I went to ER because of a bad headache due to my blood pressure being up. They gave me Reglan and Benadryl. Within seconds I felt such a rush that I thought that I was having an allergic reaction. I started asking what was wrong with me, what did you give me. I could not lift my head or turn myself over. I felt limp as if I were a rag doll . I thought that I was dying and kept asking my husband to pray for me and call my pastor. This was the worst drug reaction that I ever experienced. I hope others have better results."

Marilyndenise May 21, 2016

"I had the worse migraine when I went to the hospital throwing up the hole nine yeards till they gave me this pill it worked for me with in 20 minutes I was able to go home and go to sleep right after"

Cuddle bunny (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2016

"As a ER paramedic for 5years, critical care medic/firefighter.I want to apologize for those who felt the negative effects of the reglan but given on the correct form the combo is better then any narcotic pain reliever that everybody wants or seems to cure the problem when all it really does is mask the pain. 99% of you all who experienced anxiety, or jittery, anger or what not was due to the reglan being pushed way to fast and probably not properly diluted Example: at my hospital we carry reglan in 10mg/ml so I waste 1 ml of my flush draw it up and now have a 1on1 ratio. always! start Benadryl first, flush/open the fluid treatment, backup. While this is happening your drawing up your reglan then SLOWLY give reglan over 5to8 mins"

Tatertot1292 March 27, 2016

"I thought I was the only one this anxiety attack happened to. I went to the ER for a migraine. I was given Benadryl, Reglan and Toridol. I felt a burning feeling, then a sudden high. Next thing you know my heart start racing I was so scared Was shaking from being extremely cold. When I called the Nurse he looked at me as if I was crazy. I prayed myself to sleep. Horrible experience."

Nelly81 March 18, 2016

"I've never written any reviews on the internet before but after my experience in the ER last night I googled the effect of Reglan and Benadryl on headache just to see how other react and I feel better that many reacted like me so I'm not crazy. So they gave me reglan and Benadryl IV push I was just ready for a relief little did I know everything started moving so fast I was scared for my life. My husband was in the waiting room with our sons but I started texting him to come back but I couldn't even compose a text. The door was shut and the lights were dim and I had the worst anxiety attack. I've never felt like that in my life. Called for hubby begged him to ask the doc to le me go...which he did. Eventually I felt better at home."

Nanak2004 March 13, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide): "I had had a stroke on Dec 17, 10 days after a stent had been put n my neck. A few nights later I had to go to the ER as I had the worst headache of my life on the left side of my head. They said they were going to give me a concoction that takes away any kind of headache. It was Reglan, benadryl , and Pepcid...and I'm sorry for all the negativity on these other posts, it almost seems like the same person keeps coming in and saying the same things....cuz I get panic attacks very easy but this concoction not only knocked me out for 5 hrs. It took the headache totally away so a big thumbs up they even gave me a prescription for reglan..."

TJude March 1, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide): "I have severe migranes I whould say on a monthly basis and usualy they give me in the ER room morphine thru the IV but one time the doctor decided to give me this Reglan which change my life in to the worst ! I do not know how this medicine can treat something ! I felt like burning sensation first in to my stomach and then I started to think that I'm going to die because I wanted to pull out the IV and I was restless , shaking , panicking , anxious and I wanted to pull put the IV line. The nurses looked at me like I was possessed by demon ! After one year I still feel anxious and weird I know this med change my life in to the worst !"

Anphi March 1, 2016