User Reviews for Metoclopramide to treat Lactation Augmentation

Also known as: Reglan, Maxolon, Gimoti

Metoclopramide has an average rating of 5.0 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings for the treatment of Lactation Augmentation. 40% of those users who reviewed Metoclopramide reported a positive effect, while 50% reported a negative effect.

Metoclopramide Rating Summary

5.0/10 average rating

Compare all 2 medications used in the treatment of Lactation Augmentation.

Reviews for Metoclopramide

Mighty April 29, 2021

Reglan (metoclopramide): “Reglan didn’t increase my breast milk supply at all. In fact when I stopped taking it, my supply dropped to half of what it was. Now struggling to bring it back up to the original amount. Very upset and disappointed”

Lys · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 6, 2021

“I've read tons of reviews on this medication and I'm glad to say this medication works wonders for me and I've had no side effects. This saved my breast feeding journey with my daughter, not everyone is the same and everyone shouldn't be scared to try new things. I'm glad to say this helped me so much!”

R · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 10, 2020

Reglan (metoclopramide): “I was prescribed Reglan drops to increase breast milk. I was at work one day and had a wave of fear and anxiety overcome me to the point I had to be hospitalized. The horror of a side effect lasted about 2 weeks. It was the darkest, most perverse feeling I have ever felt- I feel like the word anxiety doesn’t encompass the full terror this drug caused.”

Hfennp2g · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 21, 2019

Reglan (metoclopramide): “I was given Reglan off label to promote the progesterone hormone to increase my breast milk supply after my son was born. After taking it steadily and gradually upping the dose after a couple of weeks I started having severe side effects. I went in to work one morning and couldn’t remember how to do my job, I would fall asleep at traffic lights, had difficulty concentrating and focusing my eyes and finally started having severe panic attacks, depression and tardive dyskinesia. I ended up in the ER and had to get under psychiatric care. 14 years later I still have to be on anxiety meds and if I try to get off the symptoms return. Be very careful taking this medicine.”

Nik280 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 31, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide): “The purpose of my writing this review is to warn nursing mothers against using this drug. The drug worked - it increased my milk supply - but at a very high cost. Prior to taking Reglan, I had never had issues with depression or insomnia and very little issues with anxiety. Throughout the latter part of my taking this drug, anxiety increased steadily. Then I stopped sleeping. I became extremely anxious and severely depressed. After over two weeks going on a total of no more than 15 hours of sleep, I was admitted to the hospital. While in the hospital, I stopped taking Reglan. After five days off the drug, I was fine. Please do not take this drug. The other reviews are accurate as well. It is not worth it.”

Jade3133 · Taken for less than 1 month May 26, 2017

Reglan (metoclopramide): “I took 5 mg of Reglan one day and two 2.5 mg the next day. About four days later my eyes started twitching and I had muscle twitches throughout my whole body. What is worse is that some of the medicine must have passed to my daughter in my breastmilk and I worry about her having side effects. It is black boxed labeled for tardive dyskinesia in Canada and in the US. It is a very powerful drug and I am crossing my fingers that I won't have twitches for the rest of my life. Please do not take this drug, especially just to be able to breastfeed your baby. Formula is way safer for you and your baby. There are so many other ways to increase lactation than resorting to this drug. The clinical studies are not even sure that it helps”

Jojohanna · Taken for less than 1 month February 3, 2017

Reglan (metoclopramide): “Took it while breastfeeding to help increase my milk production. While it worked for that, it also put me into a severe depression, which I had never experienced before. My family and doc were convinced I was suffering from PPD (just the phrase, "How are you?" would send me sobbing). After doing a little research, I learned of the side-effect and stopped taking it. The symptoms ceased almost immediately. About 2 weeks later, as my milk production slowed, I thought I'd give it another try (thinking I'd be able to combat the feelings, now that I knew the cause). Within a few hours I could literally feel the black cloud of depression descend. It was terrifying. I never took another pill, and have never had another bout of depression.”

Wheels 123 September 8, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide): “I started taking this drug about a month ago so far knock on wood no side effects and it works great!! I feel so proud to be able to feed my new daughter!! I have seen lots of reviews about depression so please be careful!”

aussiegirl25 · Taken for less than 1 month August 18, 2015

“I experienced quite bad anxiety, restlessness and restless leg syndrome after taking this for only a couple of days. I had just come home with twins and thought I could have some sort of post natal depression as I was actually 'scared' of my children. I was so tired and would lie down to sleep but would have to get up within minutes due to restlessness. It occurred to me, it could be the metoclopromide, prescribed for lactation. So I stopped it to see. Within 2 days my symptoms were gone. Thank goodness because I thought I was losing my mind. It did not have any apparent effect to improve lactation. I would never have this drug again, the effects were that bad.”

Lala0708 · Taken for less than 1 month October 14, 2017

Reglan (metoclopramide): “I started taking one pill each morning to increase my breastmilk about a week ago. My breastmilk had increased tremendously but I have had to get up several times in the middle of the night to pee and last night... I didn't get up. I peed myself in my sleep! I haven't done that since I was a kid! Not sure if it was the reglan that had me knocked out so hard but it was awful. I can't believe I did that. I have been drinking lots of water as I was told to, and it does help milk supply. But man!”

dallasqtpi March 21, 2011

Reglan (metoclopramide): “It increased my milk supply but also made me quite drowsy. Had to discontinue use after 8 weeks. Found another drug that worked better without the side effects, Motilium (domperidone).”

Nelly2011 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 2, 2015

Reglan (metoclopramide): “I took this four times a day for four months and it greatly increased my milk production and had no side effects .”

Cirby March 12, 2011

Reglan (metoclopramide): “This has helped my milk supply a little bit but it's making me very anxious. I'll take it but if my anxiety gets worse I'll probably stop.”