User Reviews for Scopolamine systemic

Nausea/Vomiting
5.2

Summary of Scopolamine reviews 6.4 137 reviews

Reviews for Scopolamine

For Motion Sickness: "I believe this medication is effective for motion sickness as long as you do NOT wear it more than 72 hours. After that time, you could experience severe and debilitating withdrawal syndrome. I was not informed by my doctor of this possibility. I removed the patch 10 days ago and am still having withdrawal syndrome. My prescribing doctor told me after I contacted her about this that I needed to see my family physician. Please exercise caution when using this patch. It made a vacation of a lifetime very uncomfortable for me! Thankfully I don’t have to go to work now that I’m home, as I wouldn’t have been able to. I don’t even feel comfortable driving."

CruiseGirl (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2018

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "l took this for Grand Mediterranean trip for 2 week Cruise including fly over to Europe to board the ship & back to USA I changed the Patch every 3 days switch to behind left to behind right ear. Took off Patch when l came home, was sick for 2 weeks could not eat or stand up only bathroom breaks for 3-4 days could only swallow juice or water, after that l could eat a little! Lost 10 lbs (not a good way to lose weight) Happen the same way when l travelled on the Baltic Cruise! After reading some of reviews l will cut the Patch in half & only use it for only 3 days at start of trip & leave the patch on pass the 3 days so medication would wear out"

Shopper September 25, 2018

For Motion Sickness: "I had a patch prescribed before going on a several hours’ long boat trip. Within a minute after sticking the patch behind my ear, there was an immediate feeling of a ‘rush’ from the patch location - an odd and unfamiliar sensation. My body reacted by fainting. Someone removed the patch from me and I then took several hours to feel better from having fainted. Strong stuff!"

Ellen D. (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting: "This patch was applied during a surgical procedure without my knowledge. No mention of it or instructions post op. Discovered patch the next evening under my left ear lobe and removed it. Experienced enlarged pupils and vision impairment for 5 days. Have had extreme exhaustion, nausea and dry mouth for a week now with no improvement. I will never allow this medication to be used on me again! Based on my experience and after reading about other people's side effects, I think use of this toxic drug should be banned."

Tammy (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2018

For Motion Sickness: "I was put on these patches a couple of years after my two strokes, left me with terrible disabling motion sickness. My Dr, tried everything before putting me on these patches. Well, they worked, and I was so happy, to be able to travel in my car and not get travel sick. I have now been on them about 4 months, and they are no longer working. I am back to square one and feeling dreadful. I am awaiting for phone call from my Dr. to see what else can be done."

Skye62 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2018

For Motion Sickness: "The patch is extremely effective for motion sickness. I am extremely sensitive to any kind of motion but when using the patch properly I felt no motion sickness whatsoever. I took several flights, trains, and bus rides without any motion sickness whatsoever. The side affects are down right scary though. My Dr. did not tell me all of the side affects or the severity of them. My side affects include extreme dry mouth (so much so that it made eating very difficult), drowsiness, and blurred vision. My vision was so bad I could not see anything up close. I took a trip alone to Italy and when I arrived I could not even read a map. I still felt the affects of the drug several days after removing the patch (I used it for 4 days). I also experienced a sensitivity to light due to dilated pupils. I still gave it 5/10 since it is extremely effective for motion sickness."

Dtart August 21, 2018

For Motion Sickness: "I applied a patch as directed approximately 12 hours before heading out on a fishing charter in Prince William Sound. As soon as the boat stopped moving and we began stationary fishing in rollers I became violently ill. I vomited consistently for 8 hours, could not maintain my balance, and experienced no respite. I've never been so sick in my life. The medication did nothing for me at all and yet I was banking on its effectiveness."

RM (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2018

For Motion Sickness: "I would absolutely NOT recommend this patch to anyone. I was prescribed it for a long trip with many bus, train, and plane rides through Europe and Asia. The doctor and pharmacist did not tell me about the possible side effects. Although it completely stopped my motion sickness, it also affected my overall functions. It dilated my pupils to the point of having to wear sunglasses at all time for two weeks of the trip. I ended up having a panic attack thinking someone drugged me in Paris as well. I finally went to a doctor and he told me to immediately stop using the patch. My symptoms eventually went away, but I missed out on a significant part of my trip. NEVER again would I take this."

Daisy (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2018

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "I get extremely motion sick on any kind of moving things and I was booked on a flight when weather conditions were far from good. I was nervous...so used the patch. Halfway through my trip home, my plans changed to overnight and continue on the next day. I removed the patch..washing my skin behind my ear and thinking that would be enough since I had only been wearing it maybe 5 hours or less. Next morning I put on a new patch..MISTAKE! Then to make it worse..I took a dramimine.. MISTAKE! Drug interactions were terrible. I started hallucinating on the flight and it continued through the evening. Seeing people that weren't there..etc. I had not checked to see if there were any drug interactions before I took the dramimine. I am guessing that even applying the second patch was not that smart either. Lesson learned! However, I was not sick on some extremely bumpy flights, but I was saying all kinds of crazy things and getting some very weird looks from fellow passengers....lol"

Racer June 29, 2018

For Motion Sickness: "I used the patch for a four day cruise. I put the first patch on Thursday, the day we left port, left it on for three days then removed it on Sunday and put on a new patch. I took that patch off on Monday when we hit land. The Scopalamine patch worked great while on the ship, I did not have any motion sickness. However about 8 hours after removing the patch I had starting having very blurry vision, followed my dizziness, nausea, palpitations and fatigue. Requiring two days off work because I could not drive or read close print. After 2 days symptoms resolved. I would use this patch again but for a four day cruise I would leave on the first patch for one week and let the dose gradually decrease to avoid the Scopalamine withdrawal symptoms I experienced which were quite debilitating."

Deb F (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting: "My side effects are blurred vision and I can't see close up. My vision was perfect until now and was never told about the side effects "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2018

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "I was recently prescribed this for “motion sickness”/ light headedness while out an about, I wore two of the patches with three days in between, and apparently the scopolamine didn’t disperse fully from my body quick enough and just kept building up and it ended up sending me into a panic attack due to all of the scopolamine which after that I looked up more about scopolamine and found that it is actually one of the worlds most dangerous drugs when used in high doses, so if I could rate this 0/10 I would, I wouldn’t recommend this to my worst enemy, after that they did however put me on diazepam (Valium) which helps amazingly."

Nickname (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2018

For Motion Sickness: "Did it work for motion sickness? Yes. Did it rob me of my far-sighted vision? Yes. Was it worth it? No! I used to have perfect far-sighted vision, but as soon as an anaesthesiologist put on a Scop patch before my foot surgery, I lost my close-up vision that very same day. But here's the strange thing: my close-up vision only goes blurry when I wear my glasses or contact lenses for nearsightedness. When I take off my glasses, my farsighted vision is okay. This basically means I can't wear contacts anymore because I can no longer read with them on. It's been 6 months, and no improvement. I wish I'd know about cannabis oil for motion sickness before I tried the Scop patch. Oil doesn't rob you of your permanent vision, just makes you laugh at more things. But losing your vision isn't funny!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I had the patch applied to the back of my ear before my D&C. I was told it could be left on for 3 days. During those three days I experienced neck pain and a very bad headache for the three days. So on the third day I mentioned the bad headache to my daughter and she asked if I was still wearing the patch. I said I was and she mentioned that was probably the cause of my headache. I rarely get a headache. After researching a little I found this was a side effect. My headache has lessened a lot, but not completely better. You really do have to do your own research on everything. Not happy at all that I was told to keep this on 3 days. TOTALLY UNNECESSARY"

Kati (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2018

For Motion Sickness: "I used this for 9 days [3 patches] and won't use it again! It worked for seasickness but I was getting very tired by the 6th day. I have been off it for 10 days and still not feeling right. Some of my side affects are- extremely tired, confusion, blurred vision, weakness and not being able to get back to doing what I did before! I have needed a vacation from my "vacation"!! No more cruise ships for me!!"

loey (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2018

For Motion Sickness: "Got this from the anesthetician before surgery to prevent nausea on waking. Kept it on for three days as I was travelling immediately after and am prone to motion sickness. WOW! This is how the other half lives! I could turn around from the passengers seat and help my daughter. I could look at my phone on the long ride. I could ride in the backseat of a stuffy vehicle with family in bulky winter coats. all nausea free. I didn't experience the dry mouth, although the doctor said i might, he also advised DO NOT touch it, then touch your eyes. it will dilate your eyes for DAYS, so I was careful not to. This thing is amazing!"

YallCalmDown (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Had this with knee replacement surgery. Had horrible psychosis. Was hallucinating and paranoid and not aware of surroundings. Horrible feelings that I had no control over. Beware of using this drug. No one warned me of this as a possible side effect. Will NEVER use again."

Bloomfield (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2018

For Motion Sickness: "I have now had two experiences taking this patch. The first time was for a three day boat excursion. I get motion sickness really bad so I had a patch for the duration of our trip and were totally fine. I was so impressed with the patch and would have sworn by it. However! I just used it again for the second time this past weekend and I have been completely miserable ever since. I took it due to a trip to Disneyland and universal studios and I wanted to be able to ride the rides. Not only did it not work, but I felt nauseas, dizzy, lightheaded and had extremely bad blurred vision by the end of the trip. My mouth got so dry I could barely swallow. It’s as if any moisture throughout my mouth and esophagus has been sucked dry. I was scared to eat because it felt like I was going to choke. I’ve had the patch off for almost 48 hours and am still bed ridden from headaches, nausea, paranoia, memory loss and just an all around mental confusion. I’m out of work and miserable."

Ashley March 6, 2018

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "So I have used this patch for cruises and I always have to cut the patch in half and switch ears every three days. My mouth gets very dry even with half a patch. Although I do not get sick on the ship which has been a blessing the patch has left me with a dry mouth forever. I need someone to tell me what to do about it because I want to continue cruising. I don’t take any other medication. Each time I use this patch my mouth gets dryer and never bounces back ."

Debadoo1 February 20, 2018

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "This works, but has side effects. If you suffer from motion sickness like me, this patch allows you to do all kinds of activities that you would not normally do. Read the label: dry mouth & fuzzy close up vision after 36 hours on the patch, and motion sickness the first 48 hours after you take the patch off, are the most common side effects. I have used the patches numerous times over the past 10 years; I have been able to go on a VERY ROUGH one week cruise, fly, boat, and scuba dive in the ocean thanks to Transderm V. I have suffered through all of the "side effects" every time I used the patch, which were all manageable considering the activities I was able to enjoy because I was taking the patch."

Scoppy (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I have a history of post operative nausea and right before having general anesthesia, the nurse put one of these patches behind my ear. She told me to leave it on for three days and that there is typically no side effects, just some slight dizziness. After surgery, I had no nausea. I removed the patch after the second day because I had read about possible withdrawal symptoms and didn't want to get them. Sure enough after about 9 hours, I woke up in the middle of the night nauseous and dry heaving. Other side effects I had was extreme dry mouth, blurred vision, and hallucinations. Nausea lasted for several days and I took Dramamine and zofran to try and fight it. It wasn't worth the benefit in my opinion."

Lynnzzz January 20, 2018

For Motion Sickness: "I had used this patch that was meant for a 3 day cruise. Once it finally kicked in, I felt so dizzy I felt I was going to fall down. I just chalked it up to the nausea from sea sickness. I started to get sick, not able to eat or enjoy any activities on our cruise. My bf suggested it might be the patch causing the nausea, not sea sickness. I took the patch off, and it was sooo much better! I wasn’t nauseas or as dizzy anymore. I was extremely disappointed with this medication. My doctor also mentioned that if you use this medication, you could get withdrawal symptoms once you stop taking it. Glad I didn’t use it for the whole 3 days!"

Laure.1987 (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2018

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Patch used for second general anesthesia experience since I vomited after the first time. I know they also switched me from a gas/IV combo to pure IV sedation, so although I did not vomit this time (yay!) I don't know if I can attribute it to the patch or to the sedation change, but probably both. Please be aware these patches are NOT meant for long term use- they will have withdrawal effects! If you rebound you will have the very effects you were trying to prevent in the first place. For my purpose, after surgery, it's worked great. I wouldn't wear them for weeks at a time."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2017

For Nausea/Vomiting: "If 0 was an option that’s what I’d rate scopolamine. IT SHOULD NOT BE LEGAL TO USE!!!! I had surgery over a month ago and was given the patch so I wouldn’t vomit afterwards. My pupils were huge and uneven for almost a week after the patch was removed. My 20/20 vision is so blurry I can’t safely see to drive....that is if I had the mental capacity to make quick decisions needed while driving. If it weren’t for autocorrect my spelling is now so poor I couldn’t write this review. I’m so forgetful now I have to set timers and write lists with check offs to keep myself on track. My former self was highly intelligent, now I’m just a moron and I get so frustrated when I can’t remember the word I’m trying to say that I have breakdowns."

RothH82 November 23, 2017

For Motion Sickness: "This was a miracle drug for me! I used it for the first time this week during a really bad day and a half on cruise ship. There were 20+ ft size waves, over 45mph winds. Stuff was flying everywhere. So many people got sick. I definitely would have joined them but instead ate and drank and felt NO queasiness. Unbelievable"

DMShear November 2, 2017