User Reviews for Scopolamine

Also known as: Maldemar, Scopace, Transderm-Scop

Learn more about Scopolamine.

Parkinsonian Tremor 1 reviews 7 medications

Motion Sickness 68 reviews 114 medications

7.7
Nausea/Vomiting 15 reviews 159 medications

5.8
Summary of Scopolamine reviews 84 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Scopolamine

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "Excellent,I'm a very sensitive person to motion sickness,I used them multiples times with a pretty rough sea condition without any reaction at all"

yolane August 17, 2016

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "This was a first time I had tried the patch. I was nervous after having read some of the side effects and reviews. I had put the patch on a few hours prior to a whale watching trip. The waters were very rough and choppy. I normally would have been ill had I not used the patch. It helped my nausea from motion sickness in the car and on the boat trip. I felt tired on the one and half hour car ride back but that could have been from a long day with 3 kids too. Definitely did not effect me like Dramamine does as far as knocking me out to near unconsciousness. I was very please with how it managed my motion sickness. Will be sure to use again when I go on a boat. I may even try it when we go to amusement park's rollercoasters!"

Sick at sea (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2016

For Parkinsonian Tremor: "I got some because I was taking a vacation in the German/Austrian Alps and needed something to keep me from being nauseated. Got the 1.5 milligram patch, put it behind my ear, and was amazed at how it changed my Parkinson symptoms. Before the patch I had to use a walker (rollator) and a cane and I noticed I was not as off balance as I usually am and attributed it to the patch. Came home and talked to my doctor about how I felt and he decided to put me on it long term, but to watch carefullly for side effects. I am walking thru my house now without any assistance but do take the rollator outside because I have 2 very energetic dogs and am afraid they may knock me over."

Zyphia1245 August 1, 2016

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "I can finally enjoy roller coasters again! I just read AND follow the directions. I've used it on my last 3 amusement park trips. No issues, no problems, no nausea and vomiting after the rides! It's an anticholinergic medication so the side effects are expected, i.e. dry mouth, pupil dilation. They were mild. Drink fluids and wear sunglasses. Let's not be over dramatic."

A. Cordova (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2016

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "This stuff works fantastically for motion sickness and VR sickness. I got my doctor to give me an RX basically because I wanted to play around with a VR headset yet everything made me sick. In addition if I went to amusement parks, I'd get sick at just about everything. If I read in a car, I get sick. If I got on a boat, even if it's docked, I get sick. 3D movies at the regular movie theater, those make me sick. Certain video games make me sick. Flying on an airplane makes me sick. Everything makes me sick, but with this - it was pure magic. I could do everything above without getting sick. For me I had zero side effects while on it, I felt completely normal using it and had no withdrawal, nothing. I only use it sparingly as it's expensive."

RodneyCMunch July 14, 2016

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "So it worked... I normally suffer from motion sickness in cars, if I'm not driving. I decided to put the patch on before a 14 hour long international flight... I didn't suffer from any motion sickness but it made me illiterate! I could see fine except for letters and numbers (or basic shapes). So I get to the airport at my destination in Uganda and going through customs I needed to fill out a basic form about the reason for my visit etc... only I couldn't read it to save my life! I'd use it again in an emergency but be aware of the potential side effects."

JMcMusicman (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2016

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "I have severe motion sickness with nausea and vomiting...room spinning....vertigo. ..i put the patch on 4hours before my flight and cruise works excellent for me without the drowsiness, blurred vision and dry mouth. .. It works different on different people But you wont know til you try it"

Mmckenn6867yahoo.com June 24, 2016

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "I have used them on each of my previous four cruises. I am going to use one Sunday for my wedding cruise because they work so well. I had suffered with motion sickness since my childhood and these things really work!!"

TraPut June 22, 2016

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Long history of post-op nausea (PONV) here. Excellent care team applied patch about an hour before surgery (along with IV Zofran) to stop the nausea. Really hoped it would help. The dizziness & blurred vision & very dry mouth made me feel worse--dying of thirst. Drank too fast post-op and had some of the worst PONV ever. CRNA said to wear it 3 days; I took it off after about 36 hours; my doctor switched me from oral promethazine (did not stay down) to meltable Zofran, which was much better. Hope it works better for others."

Andromache (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I Often get sick when going offshore fishing. I always trooper through it, but wanted something that may allow me to really enjoy the trip. This wasn't it. I have NEVER been so sick. Every time I ate or drank for 10 hours out there, I would throw it up within 20 minutes. Usually, when I use one of the pills I get sick once or twice and that's it. This didn't work at all for me."

Motion of the ocean May 15, 2016

For Motion Sickness: "Good stuff, I have been on boats when is is very rough with people sick all around me but no bother to me at all. The only draw back is dry mouth"

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) May 12, 2016

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I had to have surgery and have a history of nausea and vomiting so the Dr's put one of these behind my ear. It worked great! No nausea at all. Since pain pills also make me sick I got a prescription for 3 patches to bring home with me. No problems so far!"

Slharrison14 (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2016

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "I highly recommend it. My husband & I used it on a cruise to Alaska & the waters leaving out of Seattle got pretty rough, we literally were holding on to the walls walking down the hallway. With the bad waves the 1st day I felt a little queasy but I did not get sick. There were couples that it was their 3rd & 4th cruise to Alaska that said the waves were the worst ever & they were sick.... Should have used Transderm. I will never cruise again without it!"

Weesie524 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 5, 2016

For Motion Sickness: "Used for post op surgery due to a history of nausea and vomiting. THE BEST recovery room experience. I took it off the next morning because I think, combined with the pain medication I was extremely dizzy/headache. I have never been seasick but I would recommend it for surgery."

Ducksaucee April 4, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I was prescribed the scopolamine patch when I realized that Dramamine pills didn't work. The patch did work well, I felt minorly disoriented the first few hours of having it on, and on my flight I still felt a little nauseous but not nearly as bad as it usually is with dramamine. I surprisingly did not vomit the entire 6 hours of flying I experienced. During the flight and after, my vision was blurred for a while but I would rather have blurry vision than nausea from an airplane. I would definitely recommend his product to people who are sensitive to motion and get sick easily."

Anxious Traveller 622 March 31, 2016

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "Used occasionally for over 20 years. The Best anti-nausea without doubt. When I use it, I actually enjoy travelling."

Hoodoo (taken for 10 years or more) March 9, 2016

For Motion Sickness: "This worked wonders for off shore sailing in our sail boat. It significantly reduced motion sickness!!! The only side effect was dry mouth. But who shouldn't be drinking more water? Especially when you live out of doors on a sail boat!"

afs99 February 8, 2016

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "My Dr. Prescribed this Transderm patch prior to an outpatient procedure. I was very careful and followed the instructions making sure to wash my hands before and after placing the patch behind my ear. Only to wake up 10 hours later feeling so dizzy and nauseous. Worst of all was my vision. When I arrived at the hospital My vision was so blurry I couldn't even read the paperwork I was signing, couldn't see the time on my cell phone or read any messages. My pupils were very dialated, this lasted for 2 days. I'm on day 3 and my vision is back to normal, but upon doing to much I'm still dizzy and nauseous. I always read thoroughly before I take anything. So I know I did NOT get this in my eyes by not doing as directed. Scary stuff!!"

Mz Angie Hill 1 February 7, 2016

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Never take this drug! I was on a 7 day cruise and took the ear patch. At first I had blurred vision and after removing the patch off when the cruise was done, things went horrible. I had nausea, dizziness. Went to doctor and was told I had vertigo, and couldn't get back to work. I had to suffer because of the side effects of this patch. Not sure how FDA approved this, this is a dangerous drug and should NEVER be prescribed."

Deeps1 December 29, 2015

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "I have suffered from motion sickness my entire life on boats, in cars and on amusement rides. I have used OTC medicines like dramamine but the side effect of sleepiness was so overpowering, I couldn't even enjoy the activity. I recently heard of this wonder drug called Transderm and after reading reviews and speaking to a pharmacist, I decided to put it to the test at Tampa Bay Busch Gardens. WOW!!!!! I had the best time ever. I rode every ride and only one of them made me feel a LITTLE dizzy and nauseous during and briefly after. I did feel a bit drowsy as well for about five minutes but this was minor. The dry mouth was probably the biggest side effect I experienced. Overall, it was a success and I would use again."

WRKS4ME November 30, 2015

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Awful. Wore the patch for less than 24 hrsafter general anesthesia. I woke up in the middle of the night with my neck and the left side of my face swollen. When I pulled the patch off I started throwing up. I now get motion sickness in the car. It's a week later and my neck is still swollen and I still have motion sickness ( which I never had before). Its very painful. I should have taken the patch off sooner. I am 5-2" and 130lbs. It might have been too strong."

Surgery patient November 25, 2015

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "Used the patch for my first cruise as I normally suffer from motion Sickness..I only got dry mouth and blurred vision but most people think this is from the patch when in fact its from your fingers after you have touched it or placed it you must always wash your hands as people do tend to scratch or touch eyes and the medication is transferred that was far more than a side effect via the application. I would never go on a cruise without it..Works a treat and can easily last for 4 days. I would highly recommend it."

Doonie68 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 29, 2015

For Motion Sickness: "Went on a 7 day cruise and used the patch, as well replaced it after 3 days. Worked good for me during the cruise. Side effects were dry mouth and I just drank a lot of water. One day I was working out on the cruise and felt like I wanted to throw up. I think its not intended to be used while doing lots of physical activity. Still got to enjoy my cruise with minimal problems. After the cruise I removed the patch on land and the next day I had severe excruciating headaches. I didn't feel motion sickness but suffered a huge loss of appetite, I only could eat one piece of bread a day or else I'd throw up. I was dealing with a painful headache/migrane that couldnt subside for an entire 7 days after the cruise. Warning to all users out there"

Migrane after remov September 8, 2015

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "This worked great for me. We went fishing on a small boat in the ocean for three days (going out each day) in some pretty choppy seas, and I never felt nauseous, nor did I get sleepy. I hate the drowsiness I get with Dramamine, so this was very welcomed. One patch lasted for all three days, so it was economic, too. The only challenge is ensuring the patch stays on during showers."

Tintinmilou July 8, 2015

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "I have suffered from car sickness (all of my life) and vertigo and motion-sickness for about 10 years now. The last two are triggered by my seasonal allergies. :( Most OTC medicines make me sleepy, but the patch worked great on our 4 day cruise. I was not sick on the 5 hour drive to the ship either. I was even able to look over the balcony at the water!! It also did not make me tired and I plan to use it again on our upcoming cruise!! My husband used Dramamine and was not sick, but had to take a nap after each dosage. Due to his medications, he was not able to use the patch. My teenage son will be using the patch on his first cruise with us because he also suffers like me. I pray his results will be as great!!"

Works Great (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2015