User Reviews for Scopolamine

Also known as: Maldemar, Scopace, Transderm-Scop

Learn more about Scopolamine.

Parkinsonian Tremor 1 reviews 7 medications

Motion Sickness 80 reviews 114 medications

7.3
Nausea/Vomiting 23 reviews 160 medications

5.5
Summary of Scopolamine reviews 104 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Scopolamine

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "The first time I took it for a bus ride I took my students on, it worked phenomenally! The second time I used it, I placed it on my right side and my right pupil became incredibly dilated! Even though I was very disoriented for the day, I didn't experience any motion sickness!"

Anonymous May 21, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "I have used the patches for years after my first cruise without one. It is the ONLY thing that keeps motion or sea sickness at bay for me. My only complaint is the dry mouth while using it. My dry mouth goes way after about 24 hours."

agmaryland (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting: "So I got breast augmentation 2 days ago. And they gave me the patch before the surgery. I woke up and went home. I was a tad nauseous but it wasn't bad. Didn't last long. But the first thing I noticed was cotton mouth. Then I started to experience far sightedness. I couldn't see close up. I found myself focusing like an old woman who holds her reading material way out in front of her. At first I blamed it on my pain meds. But even when those would wear off I still had blurred vision. I really hope this doesn't last long. Not worth it for me. Won't be taking again"

Mikki1121 May 4, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given a 72hr patch following a minor foot surgery and all I can say is never again! There isn't enough space for me to detail all of my side effects while using the patch, but I mainly wanted to share how I got off of it for those struggling post-surgery. I had my patch on for 85 hours, and by that time the majority of the medicine had already left the patch so it was a good time to taper off. I cut it in half and reapplied it for 24 hours, at which point I switched it out for the other half. I wore that for 24hrs as well, then removed it and immediately started on a dose of 12mg OTC meclizine every 10hrs for 3 doses. I then cut the halves into quarters and finished with 6mg meclizine every 10hrs for 3 doses as well."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "My boyfriend has used this patch many times with success but had slight side effects-mostly blurred vision. I tried it a couple of years ago for our cruise and I had almost every side effect there is to have! I started off almost immediately having blurred vision and my eyes became majorly sensitive to the sunlight. Then I started having a very dry throat (hard time swallowing food), dizziness and my stomach would gurgle (it was weird). I took the patch off when one of the passengers said she got really sick from it. After I took it off, I was ok for about 24 hours and then the real scare happened! I almost completely lost my vision, I could barely see straight and was very dizzy for weeks! This should NOT be on the market!"

Kat75 April 15, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "When I was in the military my boss told me about the patch for motion sickness and told me to put it on 24 hours prior to going fishing. I didn't listen to him and put it on when I left to go fishing. It was a 4 hour ride and before arriving at the charter boat I was sick as a dog. I have since found out that I drink plenty of water before putting on the patch and afterwords. Keep yourself hydrated. I will wake up feeling a little funny but I drink water as soon as I get up. This should help."

Anonymous April 10, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Motion Sickness: "As someone who gets sick looking at water and rides that go around and around this patch was a great for my 1st cruise. The boat swayed and I felt nothing. 36 hours after the patch was removed, after using it for 8 days, switching out a new one after 4 days, I feel horrid. My nausea is constant and I am on day 3 of the patch being removed, I am also suffering from severe exhaustion. I had blurred vision, but that was much better to deal with than motion sickness. Will I use it again....not sure. I have not thrown up and I don't have severe headaches so maybe the end justifies the means."

123ingap April 6, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Went in Novemeber to have my nose put back in place as it was broken. They applied a patch to me + other meds before, during, and after and still got sick. Woke up the next morning with my heart skipping beats and racing. I called their center, they convince me I'm dehydrated. As I am no longer puking, I remove the patch and drink water at the same time. Don't think anything of it. In February, I went under to get my meniscus fixed and an ACL put in my right knee. Patch goes on, into surgery I go. I wake up disoriented with nurses and doctors yelling in my face that I have to wake up. I become slightly coherent and notice I have nurses all over my body trying to find a better IV site (had 18 pokes-very hard to find my veins) to administer drugs because my heart was in AFIB going about 185 beats and skipping. They try several drugs ,15 more people enter the room, the cardiologist and his team are called down, and the crash cart is paged to my recovery room. They JUST managed to find a drug that took my heart down to 120-135 beats seconds before they were going to administer the paddles. Several hours later in the hospital room (I had to stay) I managed to connect the dots and talked to the anesthesiologist. I take off the patch and within 5-10 min my heart went down from a stable minimum of 120 beats to 85. I had to receive 3 heart ultrasounds, 2 EKGs, and wear a heart monitor for 2 weeks under the care of the cardiologist that I had to see for a month and a half."

Lb257890 February 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "Worked great for motion sickness on our cruise, but day 1 of using it I felt very confused and drugged. Experienced extreme dry mouth, and now 5 days after discontinuing the patch I still feel some measure of dry mouth, although not as extreme as when using the patch. I still feel some measure of disorientation as well, but that seems to be getting better each day. My stomach seems to be not quite normal as well. Probably will explore other methods of motion sickness prevention in the future. Side effects were just too strong for me."

Trekgirl (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "The first few times 5, I used the patch I thought it was a godsend.however,this last time I used it on a 6 hour flight I began to have blurred vision.extreme dry mouth the scariest side effect was hallucinations. I did not know who I was or where I was thank goodness II was not traveling alone.DANGEROUS. WILL NEVER USE AGAIN!!!"

Waka that jones January 4, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "This medicine turned me into a complete idiot! Due to the dilated pupils you could throw reading and depth perception out the window for the three days this drug was in my system. Stairs and elevator buttons were a real source of entertainment for the rest of our party "helping me" lol. Due to a possible conflicting drug interaction (or lack therof) with the way this medication effects the absorption of other medications through your digestive trac, my ADD medicine either didn't work at all, or a possible interaction of the two made my short term memory nonexistent! I would literally ask a question and ask it again in less than 5 minutes. Really scary stuff, didn't even feel comfortable driving back home after getting off our cruise!"

Banker32 (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Took a tour of Greece, Egypt, Israel and Jordan. After taking the patch off, I had nauseous, vomiting and headache. I have been back home for a week now and am still having headaches. It has to be from these patches because I never had headaches before. Will never use them again."

Debora Kay November 29, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Went on a 5 day cruise. Usually get motion sickness very easily. So trying to avoid that my dr gave me the patch with the understanding that it would only last 3 days. Since it was a 5 day cruise, she gave me 2. They worked awesome! Stayed very thirsty the whole trip but not one time was I sick. After we got off the boat and made it back home I removed the patch. I have been so dizzy and nauseated that I can't work, can't drive my car, can't do anything without the room spinning. Not sure the after effects of the patch were worth it."

Flip5 October 23, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "The best thing ever not once nauseous or sick wore for 4 days had a total hip replacement and have always been sick after all my surgerys and not once had any one offered me this but my awesome dr Miller and his awesome nurse practitioner darla took care of me like I was famous thank u and the best care I have ever had"

It's the best October 19, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Motion Sickness: "Scop patch worked for both me and my wife on a smaller icebreaker crossing the Drake Passage to Antarctica. 30 ft. waves for two days and no seasickness at all. Minimal side effect of dry mouth. My wife has used dramo in the past, but it would have been worthless after 1/2 hour on this cruise."

Spitsbergen October 8, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "Never again. It worked during my cruise however since removing the patch I've been suffering from dizziness, nausea and vomiting. I cannot keep my balance. I have been out of work for 3days."

Natp (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting: "This patch gave me very scary side effects like blurred vision, extreme dizziness, paranoia and extreme numb tingling of my extremities. I wore it for less than 24 hours. Didn't even help with the post op nausea"

PONV (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "While this medication did take away my travel sickness, I had blurred vision all week and now severe blurred vision 3 days after removing the patch and I did wash my hands after applying each patch. I was extremely thirsty the entire week, extreme dry mouth. Approximately 24 hours after removing the patch, I felt so dizzy and severely nauseous for 2 days. I was vomiting the first of those 2 days. I should have heeded everyone's warnings about this toxic medication! I will never go near it again!!"

spiridus September 26, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Motion Sickness: "Used for a music tour. Used for a day with mild success, but then the side effects were so bad it didn't matter that I wasn't getting sick from motion sickness-now I was getting sick from the patch itself. Dizzy, dry mouth, blurred/double vision. I fainted during a concert because the nausea and blurred vision made me super wobbly. I'm sure part of it was my body just reacting to the medicine in a negative way, and I know other people who used it to greater success."

Erica1546461 (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I used this patch for my surgery and I didn't get sick like I normally do after a surgery. I will use it again for sure if I have a procedure or surgery done again. It's so nice to NOT wake up vomiting!"

Carlee24 August 25, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "Excellent,I'm a very sensitive person to motion sickness,I used them multiples times with a pretty rough sea condition without any reaction at all"

yolane August 17, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "This was a first time I had tried the patch. I was nervous after having read some of the side effects and reviews. I had put the patch on a few hours prior to a whale watching trip. The waters were very rough and choppy. I normally would have been ill had I not used the patch. It helped my nausea from motion sickness in the car and on the boat trip. I felt tired on the one and half hour car ride back but that could have been from a long day with 3 kids too. Definitely did not effect me like Dramamine does as far as knocking me out to near unconsciousness. I was very please with how it managed my motion sickness. Will be sure to use again when I go on a boat. I may even try it when we go to amusement park's rollercoasters!"

Sick at sea (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Parkinsonian Tremor: "I got some because I was taking a vacation in the German/Austrian Alps and needed something to keep me from being nauseated. Got the 1.5 milligram patch, put it behind my ear, and was amazed at how it changed my Parkinson symptoms. Before the patch I had to use a walker (rollator) and a cane and I noticed I was not as off balance as I usually am and attributed it to the patch. Came home and talked to my doctor about how I felt and he decided to put me on it long term, but to watch carefullly for side effects. I am walking thru my house now without any assistance but do take the rollator outside because I have 2 very energetic dogs and am afraid they may knock me over."

Zyphia1245 August 1, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "I can finally enjoy roller coasters again! I just read AND follow the directions. I've used it on my last 3 amusement park trips. No issues, no problems, no nausea and vomiting after the rides! It's an anticholinergic medication so the side effects are expected, i.e. dry mouth, pupil dilation. They were mild. Drink fluids and wear sunglasses. Let's not be over dramatic."

A. Cordova (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "This stuff works fantastically for motion sickness and VR sickness. I got my doctor to give me an RX basically because I wanted to play around with a VR headset yet everything made me sick. In addition if I went to amusement parks, I'd get sick at just about everything. If I read in a car, I get sick. If I got on a boat, even if it's docked, I get sick. 3D movies at the regular movie theater, those make me sick. Certain video games make me sick. Flying on an airplane makes me sick. Everything makes me sick, but with this - it was pure magic. I could do everything above without getting sick. For me I had zero side effects while on it, I felt completely normal using it and had no withdrawal, nothing. I only use it sparingly as it's expensive."

RodneyCMunch July 14, 2016