User Reviews for Scopolamine

Nausea/Vomiting
5.3

Summary of Scopolamine reviews 6.6 128 reviews

Reviews for Scopolamine

For Motion Sickness: "I used the patch for a four day cruise. I put the first patch on Thursday, the day we left port, left it on for three days then removed it on Sunday and put on a new patch. I took that patch off on Monday when we hit land. The Scopalamine patch worked great while on the ship, I did not have any motion sickness. However about 8 hours after removing the patch I had starting having very blurry vision, followed my dizziness, nausea, palpitations and fatigue. Requiring two days off work because I could not drive or read close print. After 2 days symptoms resolved. I would use this patch again but for a four day cruise I would leave on the first patch for one week and let the dose gradually decrease to avoid the Scopalamine withdrawal symptoms I experienced which were quite debilitating."

Deb F (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting: "My side effects are blurred vision and I can't see close up. My vision was perfect until now and was never told about the side effects "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2018

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "I was recently prescribed this for “motion sickness”/ light headedness while out an about, I wore two of the patches with three days in between, and apparently the scopolamine didn’t disperse fully from my body quick enough and just kept building up and it ended up sending me into a panic attack due to all of the scopolamine which after that I looked up more about scopolamine and found that it is actually one of the worlds most dangerous drugs when used in high doses, so if I could rate this 0/10 I would, I wouldn’t recommend this to my worst enemy, after that they did however put me on diazepam (Valium) which helps amazingly."

Nickname (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2018

For Motion Sickness: "Did it work for motion sickness? Yes. Did it rob me of my far-sighted vision? Yes. Was it worth it? No! I used to have perfect far-sighted vision, but as soon as an anaesthesiologist put on a Scop patch before my foot surgery, I lost my close-up vision that very same day. But here's the strange thing: my close-up vision only goes blurry when I wear my glasses or contact lenses for nearsightedness. When I take off my glasses, my farsighted vision is okay. This basically means I can't wear contacts anymore because I can no longer read with them on. It's been 6 months, and no improvement. I wish I'd know about cannabis oil for motion sickness before I tried the Scop patch. Oil doesn't rob you of your permanent vision, just makes you laugh at more things. But losing your vision isn't funny!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I had the patch applied to the back of my ear before my D&C. I was told it could be left on for 3 days. During those three days I experienced neck pain and a very bad headache for the three days. So on the third day I mentioned the bad headache to my daughter and she asked if I was still wearing the patch. I said I was and she mentioned that was probably the cause of my headache. I rarely get a headache. After researching a little I found this was a side effect. My headache has lessened a lot, but not completely better. You really do have to do your own research on everything. Not happy at all that I was told to keep this on 3 days. TOTALLY UNNECESSARY"

Kati (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2018

For Motion Sickness: "I used this for 9 days [3 patches] and won't use it again! It worked for seasickness but I was getting very tired by the 6th day. I have been off it for 10 days and still not feeling right. Some of my side affects are- extremely tired, confusion, blurred vision, weakness and not being able to get back to doing what I did before! I have needed a vacation from my "vacation"!! No more cruise ships for me!!"

loey (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2018

For Motion Sickness: "Got this from the anesthetician before surgery to prevent nausea on waking. Kept it on for three days as I was travelling immediately after and am prone to motion sickness. WOW! This is how the other half lives! I could turn around from the passengers seat and help my daughter. I could look at my phone on the long ride. I could ride in the backseat of a stuffy vehicle with family in bulky winter coats. all nausea free. I didn't experience the dry mouth, although the doctor said i might, he also advised DO NOT touch it, then touch your eyes. it will dilate your eyes for DAYS, so I was careful not to. This thing is amazing!"

YallCalmDown (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Had this with knee replacement surgery. Had horrible psychosis. Was hallucinating and paranoid and not aware of surroundings. Horrible feelings that I had no control over. Beware of using this drug. No one warned me of this as a possible side effect. Will NEVER use again."

Bloomfield (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2018

For Motion Sickness: "I have now had two experiences taking this patch. The first time was for a three day boat excursion. I get motion sickness really bad so I had a patch for the duration of our trip and were totally fine. I was so impressed with the patch and would have sworn by it. However! I just used it again for the second time this past weekend and I have been completely miserable ever since. I took it due to a trip to Disneyland and universal studios and I wanted to be able to ride the rides. Not only did it not work, but I felt nauseas, dizzy, lightheaded and had extremely bad blurred vision by the end of the trip. My mouth got so dry I could barely swallow. It’s as if any moisture throughout my mouth and esophagus has been sucked dry. I was scared to eat because it felt like I was going to choke. I’ve had the patch off for almost 48 hours and am still bed ridden from headaches, nausea, paranoia, memory loss and just an all around mental confusion. I’m out of work and miserable."

Ashley March 6, 2018

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "So I have used this patch for cruises and I always have to cut the patch in half and switch ears every three days. My mouth gets very dry even with half a patch. Although I do not get sick on the ship which has been a blessing the patch has left me with a dry mouth forever. I need someone to tell me what to do about it because I want to continue cruising. I don’t take any other medication. Each time I use this patch my mouth gets dryer and never bounces back ."

Debadoo1 February 20, 2018

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "This works, but has side effects. If you suffer from motion sickness like me, this patch allows you to do all kinds of activities that you would not normally do. Read the label: dry mouth & fuzzy close up vision after 36 hours on the patch, and motion sickness the first 48 hours after you take the patch off, are the most common side effects. I have used the patches numerous times over the past 10 years; I have been able to go on a VERY ROUGH one week cruise, fly, boat, and scuba dive in the ocean thanks to Transderm V. I have suffered through all of the "side effects" every time I used the patch, which were all manageable considering the activities I was able to enjoy because I was taking the patch."

Scoppy (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I have a history of post operative nausea and right before having general anesthesia, the nurse put one of these patches behind my ear. She told me to leave it on for three days and that there is typically no side effects, just some slight dizziness. After surgery, I had no nausea. I removed the patch after the second day because I had read about possible withdrawal symptoms and didn't want to get them. Sure enough after about 9 hours, I woke up in the middle of the night nauseous and dry heaving. Other side effects I had was extreme dry mouth, blurred vision, and hallucinations. Nausea lasted for several days and I took Dramamine and zofran to try and fight it. It wasn't worth the benefit in my opinion."

Lynnzzz January 20, 2018

For Motion Sickness: "I had used this patch that was meant for a 3 day cruise. Once it finally kicked in, I felt so dizzy I felt I was going to fall down. I just chalked it up to the nausea from sea sickness. I started to get sick, not able to eat or enjoy any activities on our cruise. My bf suggested it might be the patch causing the nausea, not sea sickness. I took the patch off, and it was sooo much better! I wasn’t nauseas or as dizzy anymore. I was extremely disappointed with this medication. My doctor also mentioned that if you use this medication, you could get withdrawal symptoms once you stop taking it. Glad I didn’t use it for the whole 3 days!"

Laure.1987 (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2018

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Patch used for second general anesthesia experience since I vomited after the first time. I know they also switched me from a gas/IV combo to pure IV sedation, so although I did not vomit this time (yay!) I don't know if I can attribute it to the patch or to the sedation change, but probably both. Please be aware these patches are NOT meant for long term use- they will have withdrawal effects! If you rebound you will have the very effects you were trying to prevent in the first place. For my purpose, after surgery, it's worked great. I wouldn't wear them for weeks at a time."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2017

For Nausea/Vomiting: "If 0 was an option that’s what I’d rate scopolamine. IT SHOULD NOT BE LEGAL TO USE!!!! I had surgery over a month ago and was given the patch so I wouldn’t vomit afterwards. My pupils were huge and uneven for almost a week after the patch was removed. My 20/20 vision is so blurry I can’t safely see to drive....that is if I had the mental capacity to make quick decisions needed while driving. If it weren’t for autocorrect my spelling is now so poor I couldn’t write this review. I’m so forgetful now I have to set timers and write lists with check offs to keep myself on track. My former self was highly intelligent, now I’m just a moron and I get so frustrated when I can’t remember the word I’m trying to say that I have breakdowns."

RothH82 November 23, 2017

For Motion Sickness: "This was a miracle drug for me! I used it for the first time this week during a really bad day and a half on cruise ship. There were 20+ ft size waves, over 45mph winds. Stuff was flying everywhere. So many people got sick. I definitely would have joined them but instead ate and drank and felt NO queasiness. Unbelievable"

DMShear November 2, 2017

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "Have to take this when I am on cruises or would have motion sickness. 1st 5 yrs I took this no prob. The 6th cruise my throat closed up and could hardly swallow while eating. It dawned on me to try prilosec. It enabled me to swallow. This has happened the last 5 years over a 5 year stretch of cruises."

Anonymous453 October 2, 2017

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I had surgery yesterday. I always end up so sick and vomiting when I wake up. This time the anesthesiologist gave me a scopolamine patch and zofran before I woke up - and I felt perfectly fine! I only took off one point because it dried me out and I have some trouble urinating (I still can, but it takes longer to come out). I see other people report withdrawal after stopping it. I hope that doesn't happen to me. I was only on it one day."

KatKat12 (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2017

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "DO NOT USE THIS PATCH - I used it for a 7 day cruise and in hindsight probably didn't need it for motion sickness as cruise ships are large without movement unless there is a rare turbulence. While on the patch I had cotton mouth, dry skin, and dilated pupils. After taking the patch off when I got home, I have suffered much more than any motion sickness could have caused. I have had severe headache, neck ache, upset stomach, dizziness, eye issues, and fatigue which has been difficult to be back at work when I planned to come home refreshed from a relaxing vacation. It has been 5 days and it is STILL HORRIBLE and I wonder if I will ever feel normal and good again! This drug should be BANNED!!"

Nix the Patch August 11, 2017

For Motion Sickness: "I've used it 3 times now for deep sea fishing. The first two times, it worked great - no motion sickness. The third time I used it, I almost died. I threw up for 9 hours. I was heaving so hard, all of the muscles in my torso are sore. At the end, there was not even bile in my stomach and I was still heaving. I had no problems after the patch was removed any of the three times I wore it."

Wendy721 August 1, 2017

For Motion Sickness: "While the patch made it possible for me to sail the Caribbean with no motion sickness ( I wore it for 4 days) when I removed it I experienced severe blurred vision, felt dizzy and nauseous and weak and could hardly stand! This drug is poison"

Rubystaraz July 29, 2017

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I recently had a lumbar disectomy on my L4, L5 and L5-S1. I have had terrible nausea and motion sickness after anesthesia in the past to the point of losing consciousness on my way home. I made sure to ask for something to keep me from feeling so terrible, if they could. Aside from IV medications provided, they also put the Scopolomine patch on me. It has done WONDERFUL things! I have had no nausea or motion sickness. I have been really sleepy but, other than that, I couldn't be happier! My doctor said I can take off the patch tomorrow and I will be leaving it in place until then :)"

tashpede June 17, 2017

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Had surgery and they had me put this on to minimize secretions and for nausea. It worked amazing while it was on as I was taking pain meds and went under general anesthesia. I was suffering from very bad vision though and it was quite alarming how I couldn't even read simple things. The day I took it off I threw up multiple times and had EXTREME nausea and dizziness. For two days straight I slept all day and night because it was too miserable to be awake. It took a good three or more days for me to not feel nauseous anymore. My mom also experienced a similar rebound effect. It works good for while you're on it but be careful because some people get these adverse effects like me!"

Filegedhiel June 2, 2017

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "Used this for an Alaskan cruise (over a 10 day period). It worked great for the cruise. I normally get extremely motion sick but I maybe just had a slight sick sensation a couple of times during the whole trip. However, after I got home, a few hours after I removed the last patch, I became very nauseated. I ended up missing 3 days of work due to very bad nausea. I got some phenergran from my doctor that helped to relieve it. I'm not sure how long the nausea would have lasted without it. Probably won't use the patch again."

LYCruiser May 26, 2017

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "The first time I took it for a bus ride I took my students on, it worked phenomenally! The second time I used it, I placed it on my right side and my right pupil became incredibly dilated! Even though I was very disoriented for the day, I didn't experience any motion sickness!"

Anonymous May 21, 2017