User Reviews for Scopolamine

Also known as: Maldemar, Scopace, Transderm-Scop

Learn more about Scopolamine.

Parkinsonian Tremor 1 reviews 7 medications

Motion Sickness 84 reviews 114 medications

7.3
Nausea/Vomiting 26 reviews 160 medications

5.7
Summary of Scopolamine reviews 111 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Scopolamine

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I had surgery yesterday. I always end up so sick and vomiting when I wake up. This time the anesthesiologist gave me a scopolamine patch and zofran before I woke up - and I felt perfectly fine! I only took off one point because it dried me out and I have some trouble urinating (I still can, but it takes longer to come out). I see other people report withdrawal after stopping it. I hope that doesn't happen to me. I was only on it one day."

KatKat12 (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "DO NOT USE THIS PATCH - I used it for a 7 day cruise and in hindsight probably didn't need it for motion sickness as cruise ships are large without movement unless there is a rare turbulence. While on the patch I had cotton mouth, dry skin, and dilated pupils. After taking the patch off when I got home, I have suffered much more than any motion sickness could have caused. I have had severe headache, neck ache, upset stomach, dizziness, eye issues, and fatigue which has been difficult to be back at work when I planned to come home refreshed from a relaxing vacation. It has been 5 days and it is STILL HORRIBLE and I wonder if I will ever feel normal and good again! This drug should be BANNED!!"

Nix the Patch August 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Motion Sickness: "I've used it 3 times now for deep sea fishing. The first two times, it worked great - no motion sickness. The third time I used it, I almost died. I threw up for 9 hours. I was heaving so hard, all of the muscles in my torso are sore. At the end, there was not even bile in my stomach and I was still heaving. I had no problems after the patch was removed any of the three times I wore it."

Wendy721 August 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Motion Sickness: "While the patch made it possible for me to sail the Caribbean with no motion sickness ( I wore it for 4 days) when I removed it I experienced severe blurred vision, felt dizzy and nauseous and weak and could hardly stand! This drug is poison"

Rubystaraz July 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I recently had a lumbar disectomy on my L4, L5 and L5-S1. I have had terrible nausea and motion sickness after anesthesia in the past to the point of losing consciousness on my way home. I made sure to ask for something to keep me from feeling so terrible, if they could. Aside from IV medications provided, they also put the Scopolomine patch on me. It has done WONDERFUL things! I have had no nausea or motion sickness. I have been really sleepy but, other than that, I couldn't be happier! My doctor said I can take off the patch tomorrow and I will be leaving it in place until then :)"

tashpede June 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Had surgery and they had me put this on to minimize secretions and for nausea. It worked amazing while it was on as I was taking pain meds and went under general anesthesia. I was suffering from very bad vision though and it was quite alarming how I couldn't even read simple things. The day I took it off I threw up multiple times and had EXTREME nausea and dizziness. For two days straight I slept all day and night because it was too miserable to be awake. It took a good three or more days for me to not feel nauseous anymore. My mom also experienced a similar rebound effect. It works good for while you're on it but be careful because some people get these adverse effects like me!"

Filegedhiel June 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "Used this for an Alaskan cruise (over a 10 day period). It worked great for the cruise. I normally get extremely motion sick but I maybe just had a slight sick sensation a couple of times during the whole trip. However, after I got home, a few hours after I removed the last patch, I became very nauseated. I ended up missing 3 days of work due to very bad nausea. I got some phenergran from my doctor that helped to relieve it. I'm not sure how long the nausea would have lasted without it. Probably won't use the patch again."

LYCruiser May 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "The first time I took it for a bus ride I took my students on, it worked phenomenally! The second time I used it, I placed it on my right side and my right pupil became incredibly dilated! Even though I was very disoriented for the day, I didn't experience any motion sickness!"

Anonymous May 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "I have used the patches for years after my first cruise without one. It is the ONLY thing that keeps motion or sea sickness at bay for me. My only complaint is the dry mouth while using it. My dry mouth goes way after about 24 hours."

agmaryland (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting: "So I got breast augmentation 2 days ago. And they gave me the patch before the surgery. I woke up and went home. I was a tad nauseous but it wasn't bad. Didn't last long. But the first thing I noticed was cotton mouth. Then I started to experience far sightedness. I couldn't see close up. I found myself focusing like an old woman who holds her reading material way out in front of her. At first I blamed it on my pain meds. But even when those would wear off I still had blurred vision. I really hope this doesn't last long. Not worth it for me. Won't be taking again"

Mikki1121 May 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given a 72hr patch following a minor foot surgery and all I can say is never again! There isn't enough space for me to detail all of my side effects while using the patch, but I mainly wanted to share how I got off of it for those struggling post-surgery. I had my patch on for 85 hours, and by that time the majority of the medicine had already left the patch so it was a good time to taper off. I cut it in half and reapplied it for 24 hours, at which point I switched it out for the other half. I wore that for 24hrs as well, then removed it and immediately started on a dose of 12mg OTC meclizine every 10hrs for 3 doses. I then cut the halves into quarters and finished with 6mg meclizine every 10hrs for 3 doses as well."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "My boyfriend has used this patch many times with success but had slight side effects-mostly blurred vision. I tried it a couple of years ago for our cruise and I had almost every side effect there is to have! I started off almost immediately having blurred vision and my eyes became majorly sensitive to the sunlight. Then I started having a very dry throat (hard time swallowing food), dizziness and my stomach would gurgle (it was weird). I took the patch off when one of the passengers said she got really sick from it. After I took it off, I was ok for about 24 hours and then the real scare happened! I almost completely lost my vision, I could barely see straight and was very dizzy for weeks! This should NOT be on the market!"

Kat75 April 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "When I was in the military my boss told me about the patch for motion sickness and told me to put it on 24 hours prior to going fishing. I didn't listen to him and put it on when I left to go fishing. It was a 4 hour ride and before arriving at the charter boat I was sick as a dog. I have since found out that I drink plenty of water before putting on the patch and afterwords. Keep yourself hydrated. I will wake up feeling a little funny but I drink water as soon as I get up. This should help."

Anonymous April 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Motion Sickness: "As someone who gets sick looking at water and rides that go around and around this patch was a great for my 1st cruise. The boat swayed and I felt nothing. 36 hours after the patch was removed, after using it for 8 days, switching out a new one after 4 days, I feel horrid. My nausea is constant and I am on day 3 of the patch being removed, I am also suffering from severe exhaustion. I had blurred vision, but that was much better to deal with than motion sickness. Will I use it again....not sure. I have not thrown up and I don't have severe headaches so maybe the end justifies the means."

123ingap April 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Went in Novemeber to have my nose put back in place as it was broken. They applied a patch to me + other meds before, during, and after and still got sick. Woke up the next morning with my heart skipping beats and racing. I called their center, they convince me I'm dehydrated. As I am no longer puking, I remove the patch and drink water at the same time. Don't think anything of it. In February, I went under to get my meniscus fixed and an ACL put in my right knee. Patch goes on, into surgery I go. I wake up disoriented with nurses and doctors yelling in my face that I have to wake up. I become slightly coherent and notice I have nurses all over my body trying to find a better IV site (had 18 pokes-very hard to find my veins) to administer drugs because my heart was in AFIB going about 185 beats and skipping. They try several drugs ,15 more people enter the room, the cardiologist and his team are called down, and the crash cart is paged to my recovery room. They JUST managed to find a drug that took my heart down to 120-135 beats seconds before they were going to administer the paddles. Several hours later in the hospital room (I had to stay) I managed to connect the dots and talked to the anesthesiologist. I take off the patch and within 5-10 min my heart went down from a stable minimum of 120 beats to 85. I had to receive 3 heart ultrasounds, 2 EKGs, and wear a heart monitor for 2 weeks under the care of the cardiologist that I had to see for a month and a half."

Lb257890 February 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "Worked great for motion sickness on our cruise, but day 1 of using it I felt very confused and drugged. Experienced extreme dry mouth, and now 5 days after discontinuing the patch I still feel some measure of dry mouth, although not as extreme as when using the patch. I still feel some measure of disorientation as well, but that seems to be getting better each day. My stomach seems to be not quite normal as well. Probably will explore other methods of motion sickness prevention in the future. Side effects were just too strong for me."

Trekgirl (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "The first few times 5, I used the patch I thought it was a godsend.however,this last time I used it on a 6 hour flight I began to have blurred vision.extreme dry mouth the scariest side effect was hallucinations. I did not know who I was or where I was thank goodness II was not traveling alone.DANGEROUS. WILL NEVER USE AGAIN!!!"

Waka that jones January 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "This medicine turned me into a complete idiot! Due to the dilated pupils you could throw reading and depth perception out the window for the three days this drug was in my system. Stairs and elevator buttons were a real source of entertainment for the rest of our party "helping me" lol. Due to a possible conflicting drug interaction (or lack therof) with the way this medication effects the absorption of other medications through your digestive trac, my ADD medicine either didn't work at all, or a possible interaction of the two made my short term memory nonexistent! I would literally ask a question and ask it again in less than 5 minutes. Really scary stuff, didn't even feel comfortable driving back home after getting off our cruise!"

Banker32 (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Took a tour of Greece, Egypt, Israel and Jordan. After taking the patch off, I had nauseous, vomiting and headache. I have been back home for a week now and am still having headaches. It has to be from these patches because I never had headaches before. Will never use them again."

Debora Kay November 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Went on a 5 day cruise. Usually get motion sickness very easily. So trying to avoid that my dr gave me the patch with the understanding that it would only last 3 days. Since it was a 5 day cruise, she gave me 2. They worked awesome! Stayed very thirsty the whole trip but not one time was I sick. After we got off the boat and made it back home I removed the patch. I have been so dizzy and nauseated that I can't work, can't drive my car, can't do anything without the room spinning. Not sure the after effects of the patch were worth it."

Flip5 October 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "The best thing ever not once nauseous or sick wore for 4 days had a total hip replacement and have always been sick after all my surgerys and not once had any one offered me this but my awesome dr Miller and his awesome nurse practitioner darla took care of me like I was famous thank u and the best care I have ever had"

It's the best October 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Motion Sickness: "Scop patch worked for both me and my wife on a smaller icebreaker crossing the Drake Passage to Antarctica. 30 ft. waves for two days and no seasickness at all. Minimal side effect of dry mouth. My wife has used dramo in the past, but it would have been worthless after 1/2 hour on this cruise."

Spitsbergen October 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "Never again. It worked during my cruise however since removing the patch I've been suffering from dizziness, nausea and vomiting. I cannot keep my balance. I have been out of work for 3days."

Natp (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting: "This patch gave me very scary side effects like blurred vision, extreme dizziness, paranoia and extreme numb tingling of my extremities. I wore it for less than 24 hours. Didn't even help with the post op nausea"

PONV (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "While this medication did take away my travel sickness, I had blurred vision all week and now severe blurred vision 3 days after removing the patch and I did wash my hands after applying each patch. I was extremely thirsty the entire week, extreme dry mouth. Approximately 24 hours after removing the patch, I felt so dizzy and severely nauseous for 2 days. I was vomiting the first of those 2 days. I should have heeded everyone's warnings about this toxic medication! I will never go near it again!!"

spiridus September 26, 2016