User Reviews for Dramamine

Motion Sickness 9.0
Nausea/Vomiting 8.8

Reviews for Dramamine

Nck · Taken for less than 1 month July 26, 2020

For Nausea/Vomiting: “Went out with my friends on a Saturday night, got home around 3AM. Had to wake up at 6AM for work and I woke up with the spins and felt like throwing up. I continued to feel like this for the remainder of the shift until I saw Dramamine at the gas station on my lunch break. Decided to take 2 and I felt soooo much better. This brought back my appetite and stopped the spinning/nausea.”

AlwaysPuking · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 19, 2020

For Nausea/Vomiting: “The dramamine helped my nausea and vomiting for a few days and then lost its charm. It hasn't worked since.”

Jeff · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 2, 2020

“I have sleep issues and have for years. I've been on the same low dose of clonazepam at bedtime for probably 20 years so it doesn't work so well anymore. We have tried several add on drugs to increase my sleep time but nothing worked well or had horrible side effects. Finally after 2 years of trying things my doctor said "have you tried benadryl or Dramamine"? Seemed like a million other things both natural and pharmaceutical but I never had tried Dramamine. Well it does makes you very tired! For a good 12 hours it makes you tired so you need to cut it in half and take an hour before you go to sleep. I find I can just use it ever other day. Your body won't get used to it that way to either. Could possibly be too fatiguing for some to use on a regular basis. For me an excellent sleep aid suggested by my physician. It seems to calm you to, as well as lowering your BP a little bit ... neither bad things! Very pleased.”

Chocolate · Taken for less than 1 month February 28, 2020

For Nausea/Vomiting: “My family came down with the stomach flu it was bad. I went looking for something that would help but wasn't to expensive, I came across Dramamine and I have to say one after taking one pill it works wonders and it last for 24 hours we've had to take another one but it works I highly recommend it.”

Lee · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 18, 2020

For Nausea/Vomiting: “I have acid reflux and gastroparesis, so am nauseous most of the time since meds don't work. I found taking just a half of one of the regular generic of dramamine (Equate sold at Wal-Mart) helps tremendously. It evens help with the coughing, since it calms me down without any drowsiness. I also take ginger root nausea med, and just add the equate if needed as a "boost". Can you tell that I've learned, through years, that doctors just try selling drugs that just don't do anything but sell for them?”

Anonymous December 23, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting: “Never really seemed to work for me as I tried taking it with the stomach flu. I still feel like I’m going to hurl.”

Anonymous October 21, 2019

For Motion Sickness: “I’ll be going on a 1 hour drive with my best friend to Great Wolf Lodge and I’m afraid of getting carsick!! So I texted my mom about this and she’s buying me the medicine. Though I hate being in cars with too much motion it makes me feel sick a lot. But I’m pretty sure I’ll forget all about the sickness once I go on slides and go swimming:)”

whalewatcher · Taken for less than 1 month August 7, 2019

For Motion Sickness: “I took a full pill for a precaution for sea sickness before going on whale watch. I don't usually get sea sick but said what the heck since the Dramamine box said non drowsy. It is now 24 hours later and i am still completely out of it. I had to have someone drive my car home and I fell asleep in the car. I came home and slept 3 hours, then went to dinner and went to bed after and slept for about 10 hrs. Still do not feel like me. So bummed! At least sea sickness is short term.”

sfckusarmy · Taken for less than 1 month March 8, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting: “Although it does not take all of the nausea away, it takes it away enough to avoid vomiting when the stomach bug is running its course. Although not indicated for gastroenteritis (aka "stomach flu"), I have used it on many occasions as I own a business; and any day not at work is lost income. I also give it to my children when they are feeling ill enough to vomit. Note- Bonine (meclizine) and "Less-Drowsy Dramamine (meclizine) which our also motion sickness medicine, works even pretty well, but not as well in my opinion for nausea caused by actual sickness.”

Manicgrey · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 11, 2018

For Motion Sickness: “I have always been a roller coaster junkie, but as I've grown up, my equilibrium isn't the same. I'm almost 51, but can take one of these and go on all the rides with my kids that I used to, and I feel great. It also doesn't make me as tired as the other stuff. I can't wait to try it on a plane. Great product!”

Mm · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 17, 2018

For Motion Sickness: “I have been seriously dizzy since Jan 2018. Dramamine restores me, so I can work and live the only problem is I take quite a few tabs a day. But for 3 and a half months I can't handle the dizziness!! Dramamine took away my dizzy spells, nausea and vomiting! I feel human again.”

No tummy ache · Taken for less than 1 month March 7, 2017

For Nausea/Vomiting: “Sometimes after a night of partying I become nauseous. One of my customers suggested Dramamine after I threw up. Now I can party all night! My revenue is up as I can still work. Thank you dramamine! (oh and a side note Dramamine works a lot better taken orally compared to rectally but what do I know I'm just a 30 year old man. Go nuts!)”

Ljcowned December 31, 2016

For Motion Sickness: “I recently bought the PS4 VR helmet. Almost every game made me motion sick. I tried Dramamine by taking it one hour before playing. Not one game bothered me at all. I played four straight hours and had a blast. I have only tried this once and had 100% success. Today I am giving it a go again!”

Concernedgal · Taken for less than 1 month November 28, 2016

For Motion Sickness: “I've taking dramamine a couple of times with good results however the other day I took it and it was a disaster. I usually experience agitation and dizziness while being a passenger in a car and it usually dulls it but, this time... it made my symptoms substantially worst I developed sensitivity to light , sound , and even temperature felt more intense and that was in addition to the agitation and dizziness. Please use with caution.”

KF2214 August 28, 2016

For Motion Sickness: “Works excellent. Went on. Whale watch with family. Took it 1 hour before boat trip and it worked awesome. I Even was able to have food on the boat with no nausea.”

Annie Rose August 26, 2016

For Motion Sickness: “I take this for motion sickness, as well as occasional nausea. It works beautifully. I'm able to go on longer road trips and boats without being bothered by motion. And not only do I feel well physically, but my mind is at ease knowing that I don't really have to worry about it. I also appreciate the fact that it's widely available and relatively inexpensive. I usually buy the generic version, but I find that it works just as well.”

Anonymous August 22, 2016

For Motion Sickness: “I have taken Dramamine every day of my adult Life. I have suffered from motion sickness my entire life and it is not unusual for me to become motion sick from working on the computer if I haven't taken a Dramamine yet. I recently noticed yellowing of my skin and eyes. My doctor Ordered blood work and I was diagnosed with Hepatitis A. there is no reason I would have contracted hepatitis. Is there a correlation with Dramamine?”

LouisKeiv · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 17, 2016

For Motion Sickness: “I enjoy sport fishing. most of the time about 3 to 4 days out at sea on a 30footer boat which could rocks severally during storms. to help myself from being seasick/motion-sickness I frequently take 1 NOVOMIT pill every 8-9 hourly. I am in my mid 40s and I felt the pills do really help. it would cost abt USD$4 per box/8pills from pharmacy. hope these information is useful.”

RAsurvivor · Taken for 10 years or more March 2, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: “For me, dramamine works better than phenergan. I have a lot of nausea due to rheumatoid medications I take. I also get vertigo or migraine on occasion that cause nausea. This med helps me a lot”

Tom M. February 23, 2016

For Motion Sickness: “We use Dramamine prior to fishing trips. However an old sea captain told me to take one pill the night before and then another the morning of the trip. This way it really gets in your system. It works!”

Bobby the builder February 10, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: “Dear golly this stuff works well”

Marilynalexa October 5, 2015

For Motion Sickness: “I am so glad I found this! I've been dealing with motion sickness for years. It was almost impossible for me to ride in the backseat of a car before this medication. I first used Dramamine for a 4 hour road trip in a large van. I was so nervous about getting motion sickness I almost did go. I took 2 pills about 30 minutes before and it completely kept the sickness away! It did make me tired and I ended up taking a little nap but thats better than nausea. I can do everything I couldn't do before in a car from reading to having a normal conversation.”

aliengirlkaren July 30, 2015

For Motion Sickness: “This is amazing! I've been struggling with motion sickness, and its gotten worse as I got older. I took this on a 3 hour drive to San Diego and 3 hour drive back, and I was feeling better than ever! It seems to help with anxiety as well, I forgot how it felt to just be normal. I'm always nauseous, so its a refreshing feeling to not feel anything on the drive. I don't get sleepy that easily so the drowsiness doesn't kick in til later, but this is amazing I recommend. Its good to have trust with a medication because it'll ease your mind on the trip you're going to take, and thats what I have with dramamine.”

SBurkhart June 17, 2015

For Motion Sickness: “Very good for motion sickness, but takes some time (about 1 1/2 - 2 hrs) to fully kick in.”

robbyzombie April 16, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting: “Need Something over the counter now...This stuff works. Use as directed every 4 hours and promise you your nausea and vomiting will disappear.. I still think Zofran (Prescription ONLY) is the best stuff but this is a close second for over the counter.”