Is Dramamine useful to treat nausea or dry heaving?
Can I take it every day, or only when I have nausea?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Nov 12, 2020.
Dramamine is an over-the-counter (OTC) medication that is traditionally used to treat the symptoms that are associated with motion sickness eg. dizziness, nausea and vomiting. Dramamine can also be taken to reduce mild nausea associated with other illnesses like flu or food poisoning.
Dramamine can be used "when required" for treatment of occasional nausea symptoms, or taken regularly to prevent chronic nausea.
For more information on Dramamine see:
Related Medical Questions
- Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride vs Citrate: What's the difference?
- Was azithromycin in my system long enough to treat chlamydia after throwing up?
- What are the side effects of the flu vaccine?
- What can I do to reduce nausea and vomiting in pregnancy?
- What are the side effects of marijuana?