Will a single dose of Varubi stop vomiting for days?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com Last updated on Apr 14, 2019.
Official Answerby Drugs.com
Once you take Varubi, it has a long action in your body with just one dose for up to 5 days. Take this medicine exactly as your doctor tells you to take it. Normally you would take this medicine on day 1 of your chemo.
You take two tablets by mouth about one to two hours before you receive your chemo. Be sure not to take Varubi more than 1 time every 14 days.
You can take Varubi tablets with or without food.
Chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting can sometimes be delayed after receiving your anticancer (chemo) treatment. The start of the feeling of nausea and vomiting, when it is delayed, usually does not start until 24 hours or more after you get your chemo. This feeling can last for several days.
Related Medical Questions
- How long does a dose of Varubi last?
- What is Syndros used for?
- How long does Sustol work to prevent chemotherapy nausea?
- What is the difference between Cinvanti and Emend?
- What is the difference between the oral and injectable formulations of Akynzeo?
- Varubi Information for Consumers
- Varubi Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Varubi (detailed)