Was azithromycin in my system long enough to treat chlamydia after throwing up?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Nov 12, 2020.
When taking conventional tablets or oral suspension the peak serum level occurs at approximately 2 hours.
If you did not start vomiting until after this period, then the azithromycin will be absorbed regardless of your vomiting episodes.
For more information see : https://www.drugs.com/monograph/azithromycin.html
Related Medical Questions
- What antibiotics kill Covid-19 (coronavirus)?
- What are the best antibiotics for a tooth infection?
- How long does azithromycin stay in your system after you finish taking it?
- What are the best antibiotics for pneumonia?
- Does azithromycin cure chlamydia: How much / how long?
- What is the best antibiotic to treat strep throat?
- What antibiotics are used to treat chlamydia and gonorrhea?
- Can you drink alcohol with Z-Pak (Azithromycin)?
- Zithromax Z-Pak - can Tums (antacids) be taken with Z-Pak?
- Azithromycin - Can I drink a glass of wine at night if I have taken the medicine in the day?
- Azithromycin - can you cut the pill in half?
- Azithromycin Information for Consumers
- Azithromycin Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Azithromycin (detailed)