Was azithromycin in my system long enough to treat chlamydia after throwing up?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Nov 12, 2020.
When taking conventional tablets or oral suspension the peak serum level occurs at approximately 2 hours.
If you did not start vomiting until after this period, then the azithromycin will be absorbed regardless of your vomiting episodes.
For more information see : https://www.drugs.com/monograph/azithromycin.html
Related Medical Questions
- What antibiotics kill Covid-19 (coronavirus)?
- How long does azithromycin stay in your system after you finish taking it?
- Azithromycin to cure chlamydia: How much and how long?
- What are the best antibiotics for pneumonia?
- What antibiotics are used to treat chlamydia and gonorrhea?
- What is the best antibiotic to treat strep throat?
- Can you drink alcohol with Z-Pak (Azithromycin)?
- Azithromycin Information for Consumers
- Azithromycin Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Azithromycin (detailed)