Azithromycin - can you cut the pill in half?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on April 8, 2022.
Yes, you could halve the pill if you needed to. It doesn't have any extended release coating.
There is a suspension available as well, just in case you need a small dose.
Related medical questions
- What antibiotics kill Covid-19 (coronavirus)?
- What are the best antibiotics for a tooth infection?
- How long does azithromycin stay in your system after you finish taking it?
- What are the best antibiotics for pneumonia?
- Does azithromycin cure chlamydia: How much / how long?
- What is the best antibiotic to treat strep throat?
- What antibiotics are used to treat chlamydia and gonorrhea?
- Can you drink alcohol with Z-Pak (Azithromycin)?
- Was azithromycin in my system long enough to treat chlamydia after throwing up?
- Zithromax Z-Pak - can Tums (antacids) be taken with Z-Pak?
- Azithromycin - Can I drink a glass of wine at night if I have taken the medicine in the day?
- Azithromycin Information for Consumers
- Azithromycin Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Azithromycin (detailed)