Azithromycin - can you cut the pill in half?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com Last updated on Apr 18, 2019.
Official Answerby Drugs.com
Yes, you could halve the pill if you needed to. It doesn't have any extended release coating.
There is a suspension available as well, just in case you need a small dose.
Related Medical Questions
- Can you drink alcohol with Z-Pak?
- Zithromax Z-Pak - can Tums (antacids) be taken with Z-Pak?
- Azithromycin - Can I drink a glass of wine at night if I have taken the medicine in the day?
- Taking azithromycin for chlamydia, how long to clear infection?
- Is azithromycin OK for men with chlamydia?
- What is the recommended treatment and dose for chlamydia?
- Was azithromycin in my system long enough to treat chlamydia after throwing up?
- Azithromycin Information for Consumers
- Azithromycin Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Azithromycin (detailed)