Zithromax Z-Pak - can Tums (antacids) be taken with Z-Pak?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Apr 18, 2019.
Yes you can take Zithromax with Tums as it contains calcium carbonate. Ideally you would separate the doses by 2 hours.
However, do not take antacids that contain aluminum or magnesium within 2 hours before or after you take azithromycin. This includes Rolaids, Maalox, Mylanta, Milk of Magnesia, Pepcid Complete, and others. These antacids can make azithromycin less effective when taken at the same time.
Tums contains calcium carbonate.
Related Medical Questions
- What antibiotics kill Covid-19 (coronavirus)?
- How long does azithromycin stay in your system after you finish taking it?
- How long does Zithromax stay in your system?
- Can you take antibiotics with Mavyret?
- Azithromycin to cure chlamydia: How much and how long?
- What are the best antibiotics for pneumonia?
- What antibiotics are used to treat chlamydia and gonorrhea?