Zithromax Z-Pak - can Tums (antacids) be taken with Z-Pak?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Apr 18, 2019.
Official Answerby Drugs.com
Yes you can take Zithromax with Tums as it contains calcium carbonate. Ideally you would separate the doses by 2 hours.
However, do not take antacids that contain aluminum or magnesium within 2 hours before or after you take azithromycin. This includes Rolaids, Maalox, Mylanta, Milk of Magnesia, Pepcid Complete, and others. These antacids can make azithromycin less effective when taken at the same time.
Tums contains calcium carbonate.
Related Drug Information
Other Medical Questions
- Can you drink alcohol with Z-Pak?
- Azithromycin - Can I drink a glass of wine at night if I have taken the medicine in the day?
- Azithromycin - can you cut the pill in half?
- Taking azithromycin for chlamydia, how long to clear infection?
- Is azithromycin OK for men with chlamydia?
- What is the recommended treatment and dose for chlamydia?
- Was azithromycin in my system long enough to treat chlamydia after throwing up?
- How long does azithromycin stay in your system after you finish taking it?
- What is the best antibiotic to treat strep throat?
- What antibiotics are used to treat pneumonia?
- How long does Zithromax stay in your system?