Is Zithromax available over the counter?
Zithromax is not available over the counter, it is a prescription medicine that must be prescribed by a doctor.
Zithromax is an antibiotic that may be used to treat infections caused by susceptible bacteria such as Mycobacterium avium, M. intracellulare, and Chlamydia trachomatis.
- Zithromax (azithromycin dihydrate) Updated 04/2020. Pfizer Laboratories Div Pfizer Inc https://www.drugs.com/pro/zithromax.html
Related medical questions
- What antibiotics kill Covid-19 (coronavirus)?
- What are the best antibiotics for a tooth infection?
- How long does azithromycin stay in your system after you finish taking it?
- What are the best antibiotics for pneumonia?
- Does azithromycin cure chlamydia: How much / how long?
- How long does Zithromax stay in your system?
- What is the best antibiotic to treat strep throat?
- Can I drink alcohol while taking Zithromax?
- Is Zithromax a penicillin?
- Can you take antibiotics with Mavyret?
- What antibiotics are used to treat chlamydia and gonorrhea?
- Zithromax Information for Consumers
- Zithromax Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Zithromax (detailed)