User Reviews for Zithromax

2.3

Pharyngitis

Summary of Zithromax reviews 7.5 112 reviews

Reviews for Zithromax

For Pharyngitis "Taking Zithromax (Azithromycin) Teva 250Mg 6 Day Pack. Gave me diarrhea even with food. Made me feel odd and uncomfortable for some reason. Also noticed that it had marked day 4 on the back of the pack on my last tablet. Don’t know if I had to take it in order or not but did notice it said day 4. Other than that I guess it kind of work feel a little better nothing really noticeable."

Adrian (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection "Found out I got the Clap from this girl at a festival three weeks ago. Got tested and turns out my irritation was chlamydia. Took my dose of Zithromax and called up the ladies I had sexual relations with since. They all had it, super clap. Now I gotta buy them all flowers and get them zithromax. Meds worked but I had severe watery poos. I'm back to action now but I'll be more careful in the future!"

Big Black August 29, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection "Went to our local free clinic for routine testing no diagnosis of yet but they treated me for Gonorrhea and chlamydia the worst side affects ever from 430 till 830 non stop stomach cramps diarrhea this medication is horrible. Safe sex would have stopped me getting into this situation - wrap it up and be safe"

We (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2018

For Bronchitis "Diagnosed with bronchitis on Friday, started the zpack and I've taken them to the end and still very sick after an entire week! I realized I needed to be seen when I woke up this morning with terrible chest pains especially when I breath. I went to urgent care this morning and the doctor said that I was the second patient he had that took z pack and had no effect. I am disappointed to say the least! Now I am on a different antibiotic. If I could give zero stars I would"

Mimi (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2018

For Bacterial Infection "I am currently experiencing 18 rare side effects. If I had seen this list before hand I would have refused treatment"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2018

For Bronchitis "I was diagnosed with bronchitis (even though I wasn't coughing) and prescribed zpak. Within 3 hours after first dose, I was shaking all over uncontrollably, blood pressure and heart rate increased significantly. Ended up in Urgent Care, where testing showed no infection in my body and clear lungs. Told to stop the med, drink lots of fluid and wait for med to flush out of my system. Shaking subsided in about 2 hours, but racing heart continued for several more. I'm also unable to go to sleep now. Don't need an antibiotic, but won't ever take this one again!"

Bunny (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2018

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection "Felt better overnight. Had upper respiratory tract infection. Zero side effects!"

ggxoxo1 (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2018

For Bronchitis "Wow, after reading the comments here, I am thankful to say I've had very little in side effects. Had worsening bronchitis and sinusitis for over a month. Finally called the doc for antibiotics. Within 24 hours I could feel it working. Had a short spell of my temp going up the first day. I'm on day 5 and almost clear of infection and thankful this med will keep on working for a while. Each day I've had a short spell of belly cramps but that's it. I generally eat a lot of yogurt so that may help. I react very badly to plain erythromycin so however this is different it's a great improvement."

Nana-New England January 3, 2018

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis "This is the only antibiotic that ever works for me. Whenever I have a cold and the Dr claims it is viral, it always goes to my tonsils. This time I waited 7 days suffering fever and a throat so sore I could not swallow, and eventually went to the pharmacist and asked for Zithromax z pak. Within 1 day I was 80 percent healed. No side effects. It works for me everyntime. By day 2, all sinus congestion had gone and I got my first real sleep in two weeks."

Matthm December 3, 2017

For Bronchitis "I have asthma and recently came down with bronchitis yesterday and ended up at urgent care. I had noticed it a few days ago when my chest was tight and my inhaler wasn’t helping, and this morning after I woke up feeling terrible with a wet cough and lower back pain from the cough. I went to urgent care and they prescribed me a z pack which I am currently on. The second day of taking it I had a 101.4 fever, and it has been reduced by taking ibuprofen as well. I am coughing up lots of phlegm which is helping me breathe better, and I’m coughing less. Overall, so far doing good. I will update if anything comes back"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2017

For Chlamydia Infection "Took this last week under the directions of my pharmacist. I ate a full dinner (burger and some veg) and waited 45 minutes to an hour before taking my 4 large pink pills. My pharmacist and my doctor both recommended staying away from dairy in the meal before I took the pills. Went to bed feeling a little nauseous but, that could have been nerves because of all the reviews on here. I slept through the night, totally fine. No diarrhea, no vomiting. Got my lab results back this morning and I'm in the clear."

STI Freeeee (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2017

For Bacterial Infection "Brand name Zithromax works better than the lower quality generic however I've found that Zithromax isn't the greatest when you have infections of both upper and lower airways, it may be due to antibiotic resistance. Same thing with amoxicillian alone happens, not as effective as it use to be years ago."

arcticdunord October 8, 2017

For Bronchitis "Overall, the medications I was prescribed by the doctors worked pretty well. I had an awful cough for a little over two weeks, constantly coughing up phlegm, and had horrible wheezing. It says online to try and wait it out for two weeks but since nothing was getting better I went to the doctors. I was prescribed the z pack, a 5 day dose of prednisone, and an inhaler. After about 3 days on the medications there was a significant difference. I no longer was experiencing cough attacks and the amount I was wheezing diminished. I've been off the medication for 3 days now, and a majority of my bronchitis is gone. I experienced no side effects with any of the medications and am overall happy with the results."

CJeanL August 23, 2017

For Chlamydia Infection "So, I tested positive for chlamydia today. I went in for a 6 month checkup and bam..positive. I am furious! First time ever having to deal with a sti. Anyways, I'm allergic to "cillins" so I was prescribed two 500mg. Tablets of zithromax. Took then right at my doctors around 3:30. My stomach started churning around 6:30, no nausea or vomiting. Come 8pm, It was like a waterfall out my poop hole. Only one bout so far, but I'm sure there will be more. Had some slight stomach pain but nothing unbearable. Waiting to find out how my partners feeling lol!!!"

Poop factory (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2017

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "I took 1 pill and about 6 hours later, I was getting out of my car and woke up on the sidewalk. I had passed out with no warning signs or symptoms. I passed out again within 2 minutes of the first time. I went to the local Urgent Care and after speaking to the doctor, he believes it was a side effect of the zpak. That is the only change in any food, drink or medication for weeks. I was not overheated and I was hydrated prior to passing out."

Nfields July 15, 2017

For Bronchitis "I woke up one morning with burning in my chest when I coughed, lots of mucous in my upper respiratory area, a headache, 101 fever and the mucous was even flowing out of my left eye. My Internist prescribed the Zpack. On day 3, the burning in my chest went away. But the side effects were severe. On day 3, I began to get massive night sweats. These sweats lasted 31 days after the last pill I took. My blood sugar level also rose to prediabetic levels. My glucose was tested at 115, then 108. My blood pressure and heart beat rocketed for well over a month before it subsided. I would say that my body did not respond very well to Zithromax. But the drug did what it was suppose to. I would never take this drug again unless I was forced to ."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2017

For Bronchitis "Was given Z pack for Bronchitis. Didn't really help with it. Made me have diarrhea. Made me sick to my stomach, terrible metallic taste and sinus mucus. It was like it was toxic on my system. I also got a bladder infection after taking it. Probably killed all the good bacteria in my gut. Never again."

RitzGS (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2017

For Sinusitis "I am on day 3 of this I felt like death on day one could barely stand up clogged up extremely sore throat ... day 2 still clogged up but not as much and throat starting to feel better I'm surprised! Say 3 today still some mucus this morning dnd a bit of sore throat but way way better then day 1!"

Emy888816ga April 26, 2017

For Bronchitis "Eased my chest tightness when coughing after first day. Took for 3 days then starting experiencing stomach cramps, diarrhea, and gas pressure. Gave me a funny taste in my mouth that I coudn't get rid of. Did not take the last 2 pills. Would rather have a cough then stomach issues."

Anonymous April 7, 2017

For Chlamydia Infection "About 2 hours after taking four 250mg tablets I'm experiencing awful diarrhea stomach pain headache jittery and drowsiness. I ate before and after taking this medicine."

Side effects wow March 17, 2017

For Bronchitis "It worked for awhile but didn't kill the bronchitis because it came back - I also got a yeast infection right after taking it."

Medmanager (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2017

For Bronchitis "OMG never again. Within 30 min of taking the 2 pills for the first dose, I experienced a feeling of being intoxicated. It is now 12 hrs later. I still feel high or intoxicated like I had a couple of heavy drinks in me. I'm stumbling, cannot operate a vehicle, walk, or even take a shower or stare at this screen or type on my phone. This drug is horrible. I am jittery and I feel like I'm dying so bad that I just had to call an on-call DR to prescribe me some Augmentin, which I know I can tolerate. I'm taking panic attacks and I feel I am in a brain fog and "comfortably numb". Cannot concentrate or think on this drug. Its the same feeling like right after a percocet, but the high feeling hasn't let up. I hope this feeling goes away soon!!"

HighOnZithro (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2017

For Sinusitis "I was prescribed a five day round with the Z-pak after developing a severe flu-like upper respiratory infection with stuffed and painful sinuses plus aches, sore throat, diarrhea, muscle pain, nausea, and more. I had a Rituxan infusion, and all of this started the next day (common side effects or adverse events). I have rheumatoid arthritis, and my immunosystem is screwed to begin with and the Rituxan infusions temporarily make it worse. So I picked up a bug; bam! Long story, short ending. The Z-pak began working almost immediately, and two hours after my second pill of 250 mg (first was 500) I don't feel sick. My sinuses are still a bit clogged but that's livable. I'm impressed."

Jmnknight January 20, 2017

For Sinusitis "I'm 35 and have had sinus infections as long as I can remember. Prior to my allergy shots I was getting them 3-4x a year. Z-PAC is my favorite and it cures it quickly. Once in a blue Moon I'll need another round though. But lately my doctors have said the bacteria has been resistant to it and I've used another medication and though it works it takes so much longer. I'm happy to say that I'm Told The bacteria this year isn't supposed to be as resistant to it. For all the ladies, you may want to ask for yeast infection meds before you leave the doctors office. For me It never fails."

Hezbutt December 28, 2016

For Bacterial Endocarditis Prevention "Treated"

Blakk October 26, 2016