User Reviews for Zithromax

Learn more about Zithromax.

Upper Respiratory Tract Infection 10 reviews 120 medications

Otitis Media 5 reviews 136 medications

6.5
Summary of Zithromax reviews 95 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Zithromax

For Sinusitis "I am on day 3 of this I felt like death on day one could barely stand up clogged up extremely sore throat ... day 2 still clogged up but not as much and throat starting to feel better I'm surprised! Say 3 today still some mucus this morning dnd a bit of sore throat but way way better then day 1!"

Emy888816ga April 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchitis "Eased my chest tightness when coughing after first day. Took for 3 days then starting experiencing stomach cramps, diarrhea, and gas pressure. Gave me a funny taste in my mouth that I coudn't get rid of. Did not take the last 2 pills. Would rather have a cough then stomach issues."

Anonymous April 7, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chlamydia Infection "About 2 hours after taking four 250mg tablets I'm experiencing awful diarrhea stomach pain headache jittery and drowsiness. I ate before and after taking this medicine."

Side effects wow March 17, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchitis "It worked for awhile but didn't kill the bronchitis because it came back - I also got a yeast infection right after taking it."

Medmanager (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchitis "OMG never again. Within 30 min of taking the 2 pills for the first dose, I experienced a feeling of being intoxicated. It is now 12 hrs later. I still feel high or intoxicated like I had a couple of heavy drinks in me. I'm stumbling, cannot operate a vehicle, walk, or even take a shower or stare at this screen or type on my phone. This drug is horrible. I am jittery and I feel like I'm dying so bad that I just had to call an on-call DR to prescribe me some Augmentin, which I know I can tolerate. I'm taking panic attacks and I feel I am in a brain fog and "comfortably numb". Cannot concentrate or think on this drug. Its the same feeling like right after a percocet, but the high feeling hasn't let up. I hope this feeling goes away soon!!"

HighOnZithro (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis "I was prescribed a five day round with the Z-pak after developing a severe flu-like upper respiratory infection with stuffed and painful sinuses plus aches, sore throat, diarrhea, muscle pain, nausea, and more. I had a Rituxan infusion, and all of this started the next day (common side effects or adverse events). I have rheumatoid arthritis, and my immunosystem is screwed to begin with and the Rituxan infusions temporarily make it worse. So I picked up a bug; bam! Long story, short ending. The Z-pak began working almost immediately, and two hours after my second pill of 250 mg (first was 500) I don't feel sick. My sinuses are still a bit clogged but that's livable. I'm impressed."

Jmnknight January 20, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis "I'm 35 and have had sinus infections as long as I can remember. Prior to my allergy shots I was getting them 3-4x a year. Z-PAC is my favorite and it cures it quickly. Once in a blue Moon I'll need another round though. But lately my doctors have said the bacteria has been resistant to it and I've used another medication and though it works it takes so much longer. I'm happy to say that I'm Told The bacteria this year isn't supposed to be as resistant to it. For all the ladies, you may want to ask for yeast infection meds before you leave the doctors office. For me It never fails."

Hezbutt December 28, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Endocarditis Prevention "Treated"

Blakk October 26, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "So got my wisdom teeth out about three days ago had an infection got perscribed some other crazy antibiotic wasn't comfortable taking it so I asked for a new one the next day and got perscribed zpack was hesitating to take this one also because of the reviews and warnings it has im also not one for taking antibiotics. Don't listen to the reviews your reading they're scary I have terrible anxiety but it's rare that people have those side effects So yesterday I finally took it. only had slight nausea and abdominal pains I think the nausea was from the nervousness I also got an awesome sleep I'm already feeling better after my 2nd dose have 3 days to go. But I think it's doing it's job just eat yogurt and take a probiotic you will be fine"

Mo1995 October 2, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chlamydia Infection "I received the medication this morning in 2 x 500mg tablets after a call in from the doctor, even with protection I caught chlamydia recently! Absolutely no pain or discomfort except pure bloating. Had a pub lunch and beer for lunch with no issues... 8 hrs after taking I'm now consuming a glass of wine as heading out for a birthday, bloating a lot worse and it has gone straight to my head but no dramas as yet... will try and keep of the shots tonight though!"

nickY_nick (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchitis "The z pak cleared up my bronchitis right away. However it almost instantly caused symptoms of gastritis and pancreatis that made me very ill for five months. I could eat very little but was rapidly losing weight. My doctor found low liver and kidney enzymes and suggested futher tests. A endoscopy, colonoscopy, ultrasound, several lab tests and $1700 later there was no diagnosis but after five months i gradually got better. The next winter I got another cold that turned into bronchitis and was again prescribed a z-pak. Almost immediately the same symptoms occurred and I was just as sick for another 5 months. This time the connection was clear - Z-PAK."

7020erh June 4, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchitis "I was coughing up brownish yellow mucous with a deep cough.After a breathing treatment and 2-3 days of zithromax I was clear without any residual effects."

Keifofer (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chlamydia Infection "Soooo, I get a call saying I need to get checked, and of course I'm all butt hurt because I've had like one fling in my whole life and of course it's the only guy I didn't use protection with. So I go in, I get tested. I get the results. It's chlyamidia. My doctor prescribes me the drink powder and honestly, taking the medicine was terrible because the powder doesn't desolve all the way so I had to keep refilling my glass. I gagged a lot so just be careful with it. I ate right after I took it and it took about 30 minutes for the stomach cramps to start in. They were pretty uncomfortable, but I didn't get diarrhea just the cramps. It's not great, but I mean. It's the price I pay. Just gonna sleep it off. And probably never have sex again."

BornAgainVirgin (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchitis "A LOT of trouble with stomach issues; diarrhea, stomach pains & MAJOR STOMACH DISCOMFORT !!!!"

Doritz April 29, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchitis "Used a number of times over the years and always found it to work better than anything. 250mg capsules (6), 2 to begin then 1 per day, 1 hour before, or 2hours after eating. Lots of coughing up phlegm but clears the chest so can breath properly. Keep lots of tissues handy. It ought to be available over the counter, as in some foreign countries."

old man 79 February 29, 2016

39 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pneumonia "Pneumonia Finished Zpack today Still don't feel any better Cipro also did not work What next? Its been 6 weeks now"

Rainyday superstar (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis "Was told by a doctor who specialized in respiratory infections, because his main patients were miners, that I would suffer with chronic sinus infections the rest of my life and that a z-pak would work but to really wipe it out, I should use ceftin. So if z-pak does not work for anyone try the ceftin. I get z-pak normally because I can tolerate the azithromycin. A little stomach upset on the day after all meds are taken (6th day), but other than that, good results...usually takes 48 hours for me to feel better since I am older and have a weakened immune system, but on that third day, much much better."

Lucille 60 (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2016

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchitis "Anaphylaxis."

Tony 709 January 7, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis "After trying other antibiotics. This was the only one that worked. The Doctor tried to tell me it would not work for Sinusitis. It is the only antibiotic that takes it away for me."

Pashon December 26, 2015

46 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection "Upper respiratory infection Zithromax 250mg My doctor gave me a z pak 2 tabs on day 1 followed by 1 tablet the next 4 days. Total tablets 6. Zithromax is the generic drug for Azithromycin. First time prescribed. **Note I have asthma** and was feeling more fatigued and light headed. Drugs.com interaction* checker* pointed out that since I used 2 inhalers. A. Pro-Air and 2. Advair that my potasium level would be affected. A moderate interaction warning. I started drinking gatorade and began to feel better. My mom is diabetic, and gatorade makes flavored 12oz bottles that has potassium and will not affect your blood sugar."

sparkymarky (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2015

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chlamydia Infection "Was prescribed one dose over the course of one day, took 4 pills of 250mg after a light lunch, and had nausea and mild stomach pains/upset. Lying down did not alleviate the discomfort and threw up 3 hours later. Called up my doctor to check if I needed to take another dose but he said my body would have absorbed the pills by then. Still experiencing mild stomach pains but nausea is mostly gone now."

Mkayla16 December 14, 2015

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis "It's a life saver for me. Chronic sinus problem that occurs twice a year. Slight stomach issues after initial dose. Knocks out brain fog. Had the best night sleep in months. Always take with food, and you will have no issues. Made me feel 90% better 24 hours after initial dosage. Use with Flonase to open passages to help get it all. Only thing that works for my sinus problems."

Pauly D. December 7, 2015

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis "This medication did help my issue but it has now caused me to bruise so easy. I can barely scratch my leg and a few minutes later, my leg looks like I had been hit. They are not the painful but they or tender."

Sassy1510 (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2015

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis "The day one two pills does tend to wipe out the bacteria in my gut. After having stomach issues on the first night of the first time, I do take a probiotic and one immodium at night. First time I took this it wiped the infection in 48 hours. Second time 11 months later it did not work quite so well. Infection greatly decreased but did come back 5 days later. I think part of the problem was that I still had a virus and mold allergy problems from rain as well as an infection so had trouble eliminating congestion. I took a 5 day dosage and did have symptoms reoccur in a week. I do think it would have worked better if I had not had these additional issues related to a virus and allergies."

EricfromNC (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2015

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cystic Fibrosis "It helped end the infection even thin the mucus. It's easier to breathe"

Deadwood November 5, 2015