User Reviews for Levofloxacin

Skin or Soft Tissue Infection
3.5

Summary of Levofloxacin reviews 5.5 497 reviews

Reviews for Levofloxacin

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "I was given a 5 day course of 750mg tablets. While it was effective in treating the pneumonia, I did experience several of the side effects that others here have documented : nausea, loss of appetite, insomnia, lower back pain . Hopefully now that I have completed the course these effects will subside."

Charley (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I got a bacterial infection and took 500 Mg 1 a day for 7 days. I did not notice any specific side effects at the time. Then later I noticed when I picked up plastic bags, or touched the reusable grocery shopping bags I would develop red welts on my hands or arm where it touched. Then I noticed that when I drank lemonade or anything made with lemons, I would break out too. I was only allergic to penicillin before this, now I have to be careful what I touch and ask about what is in foods."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2018

For Otitis Media: "I skimmed over the reviews and found that most people had horror stories. I have had it prescribed twice, within a few months, for different reasons. This drug has helped my upper respiratory infection in January and ear infection this month. It did not leave me with any terrible side effect like being tired, having bad taste in mouth, getting an upset stomach or diarrhea, or too big to swallow. Wonderful drug. If there was only one thing to complain about it would be cost. Mine would have cost about $122 had it not been for insurance."

Karen (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I was scared to death prior to taking this medicine due to the reviews I read. I’ve been on this medicine for 5 days now and I’ve been drinking plenty of water and taking probiotics along with the antibiotic. I haven’t been able to eat much due to having no appetite and it gives me frequent headaches but other than that I haven’t had any other major issues."

Sickgirl2220 (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Taking levaquin was absolutely horrible for me. I took 750mg per day for ten days. I was prescribed it for a UTI and kidney infection and my symptoms not only got three times worse but I developed a pink rash on my face, and my bones and muscles felt horrible like I was being stabbed with ice picks everywhere. I also had zero appetite and a hard time swallowing when forcing myself to eat. I think it's safe to say I'm having those side effects. Hopefully you all have better luck with it!"

Dee (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "I have read all the bad reviews and I can honestly say this is a miracle drug. My only problem has been the inability to sleep....and believe me when you are sick with pneumonia you want to sleep. I end up probably taking too much melatonin and nighttime over the counter pills that helped with the sleep. I really wish I could take a much needed nap. The drug has made me feel so much better and very quickly!"

Debbie (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "Kept me out of the hospital for a bad pneumonia."

MarissaL (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "I rarely get a sinus infection. If I take Levaquin for 10 days, I am well. Most Dr.'s will not prescribe it. They give you weak antibiotics, that don't touch a sinus infection. My physician knows me well. I have never had a problem with it. Drink plenty of water and juice."

Coco (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "Fever went away after 4 days on med. Still coughing and congested after 7 days on antibiotic . Not feeling any better at all."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "I am 62 years old and chronically on warfarin the doctor prescribed Tavaloxx 750 in Feb 2018 together with other medication to cure my sinus infection. Sinuses was better at day 2 but since the second day and more seriously from day 3 it became very difficult and uncomfortable to walk properly, due to serious pains in first the one and then in both the Tendon Achilles. I started to read the pamphlet that came with the medicine - only because I was not aware of any incident that may have lead to this injuries - I was shocked & immediately stopped the medicine & informed my doctor that I have done so. Now on day 5 since I stopped the medicine, though I am not experiencing serious pains, I am really struggling getting, hot flushes & tingling in the lower leg areas & suffering to walk properly due to stiff Achilles tendons. Just hope & pray it will go better soon - will never use this product ever again - also warning others not to make the same mistake."

Danie (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2018

For Pneumonia: "I just started treatment , feeling better already after I thought I had a cold that lasted for 4 weeks and I was coughing day and night in spasms and exhausted . After 3 big bottles of cough syrup and cold meds this is big relief!!"

Memi F (taken for less than 1 month) February 21, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I have taken this medication twice for a UTI. The first time I had no side effects and it got rid of the UTI as well as a very mild sinus infection I didn't realize I had. The second time I went on it I only took one dose. About a half hour after taking the dose I was really jittery and hyper and hadn't consumed any caffeine but I didn't really think much of it. The restlessness got worse and at around 8 I started having olfactory hallucinations. I also started thinking my husband was plotting against me and I had insomnia. It was a miserable night. At around 1 in the morning it started to wear off and I realized I was having some sort if psychiatric side effect and then read that was a possible side effect. I stopped taking it and it completely wore off within a couple days. I called and left a message for the Dr and also sent a detailed email to her and she never followed up with me....oh well."

JLWdbry February 17, 2018

For Pneumonia: "I was prescribed by my doc to take Levofloxacin 750mg for 7 days, I got through 5 day's and I can't take anymore. It started almost after the first dose of insomnia and feeling amped up in my head & body. Another problem is the brain fog that I seem to be having, seems like my vision is acting up. I warn everybody out there stop taking this med if you experience any abnormal system while using this drug. While it may be great for some and I go for cat scan Thursday , today is Tuesday, Mardi Gras day here in New Orleans. I hope these side effects clear up soon because I drive for a living and do maintenance work and I don't think I can function the way I feel now. "DO NOT USE THIS MEDICATION IT IS TOXIC AT HIGH DOSES @ 750mg." I just hope my symptoms clear up so I can go back to work."

Ds1955 (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "I'm on my 5th and final day of the Levofloxacin 750. I've never had anxiety issues or insomnia in my life, but from the moment I started it began. What kept me going with this was I know I needed it to clear up my infection, from the 2nd day on my coughing and phlegm is at a bare minimum. So while it's working it's dealing with being amped up so to speak. The doc also has me on Prenisone 10mg x2 a day which just increases the feelings that I've dealt with. But for those of you out there I tried Benadryl 1 tab at night since the 3rd night and I was actually able to sleep these last couple of nights a little."

Delectriman (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2018

For Bronchitis: "Guys, I promised you to get back to you when the cure is over. After the 3rd day I had the following side effects: nausea, trouble sleeping, gonalgia and a strong chemical smell on my whole body. So I consulted with my doctor. We agreed that I stop taking this drug. I just went on with my cough syrup. My bronchitis seems to be over but I tell you I would never ever use this drug any more. I am happy that I am out of it without any long-term injury. You should know the proper dose for your age, for your weight and for your disease otherwise and perhaps even that case you are lost."

Agnes from Hungary (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2018

For Pneumonia: "I was diagnosed with pneumonia on 2/8/18 and given Levofloxacin 750 with 10mg of prednisone 2x daily. The first 3 day's I thought I was going to go out of my mind, constant insomnia (probably from the prednisone) with my head feeling crazy. Last night I took (1) Benadryl tablet to see if it would help, well believe it or not I eventually fell asleep for a couple of hours and got for awhile and fell back asleep for 2-3 more hours. I did wake up somewhat groggy and it took a couple hours to feel better. At least I got some sleep. If you are experiencing insomnia try the Benadryl it might help you. Made it easier to take this mornings dose. I hope everybody going through some of the same thing I'm battling good luck and if your gut tells you you can't take it anymore I think it's well understood why."

David from New Orleans February 11, 2018

For Bronchitis: "Guys, I am Hungarian, we have this drug cure in our country in 500 mg and 5 pills of dose under the name Savulin. I am now on the 3rd day. I get back to you again when the cure is over. Prescription is of vital importance. If you are over 60 years old PLEASE be very careful with this drug which can immediately be poisonous. I will be 56 this year. Now we have a flu epidemic. Many are sick and for long, cannot be better after more weeks. I tried everything apart from antibiotics and did NOT help. I felt the infection would kill me. The first pill already released my respiratory tracts. So for me 500 mg is already a big gun. I am 54 kg. The 2nd day was one more big step out of the infection. The 3rd day I felt that the drug has gone through all over my body, I even felt a smell on me from it. I had some nausea in the afternoon and woke up at night feeling my body smelling. But I feel my airways have released and I can breath through my nose really well now."

Agnes from Hungary February 11, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "So many complaints about this I find comical. I just used this medication for sinus infection last week. Used it numerous times before. I still workout on it no issues. You people crying that now you have tendon pain years later have got it bad. Went snowboarding yesterday with kids on my last dose. Must have been a miracle because even though yeah I had diarrhea and didn’t have as much energy I still had a great time. Going to CrossFit after this response. To sum it up I never had issues with this medication. People’s posts are 100% different from my experience."

Shawn999 February 10, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "Let me start by saying when I was prescribed this med the reviews on here scared the stuffing out of me. I had been on other antibiotics for pneumonia for about a week and they did nothing. Dr wanted something stronger and gave me rx for Levaquin..plus oral steroids and inhaler. The only side effect I noticed was it was hard to sleep. (restless/jumpy) this could have been from the steroids also. I had no nausea or dizziness. No joint pain etc that a lot of the reviewers have noted. I did expect to feel better sooner rather than later with this strong antibiotic, however it did take the full 10 days and a few more to really start feeling better. I was happy with the outcome (and not needing to be in the hospital). I would not hesitate to take this medicine again. I had a clear chest xray on the 10th day. Levaquin did its job."

twinmom93 January 29, 2018

For Sinusitis: "I had a sinus type infection for months and it would not go away...i finally went to my family doctor who said this levofloxacin was a great medication for such issues. He started me on 750mg for 10 days...within 24 hours of starting it, i noticed change in my sinus issues. I finished my meds and had zero side effects.....i no longer have any sinus issues. This antibiotic is nothing short of amazing. It recently cleared my husband of pneumonia! he was so weak, he couldn't hardly get up and within 24 hours on this antibiotic, he was up and walking. His 10 day supply cured him and he's back to normal. He had zero side effects. Wonderful stuff!!"

ravenred (taken for less than 1 month) January 26, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "I had a lung infection and the Dr put me on 5 day/750 elevation. It completely took away lung infection. The only thing was the insomnia, vivid nightmares and a bit pain in left upper leg but like nothing. I recommend it if infection is bad! For the nightmares I been taking xanax which helps"

Maui boy January 24, 2018

For Prostatitis: "Levofloxacin is about the only antibiotic that works for my chronic Prostatitis.. 500mg once a day usually works for my condition. Problem is people develop resistance if they don't complete the 28 days of therapy.. Cipro does not work for me anymore and Doxy can cause some really serious photo toxic reactions.. Sunburn big time. Not many options left for me for treatment so Levo is it for me.."

Goodguy72 January 19, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "Earlier this week I was prescribed levofloxacin for sinus infection. I took one dose. I strength train and diet year round. I haven't felt like working out since I took it Monday. Very fatigued and weak. Last night I became extremely sensitive to cold. My hands became incredibly numb and cold and there was no blood in my fingers for the first couple inches. There's a poisonous taste in my mouth that won't go away and I have a rash on my back and my chest. My achilles tendons are so tight I'm afraid I'll rupture them."

Honeybadger1975 (taken for less than 1 month) January 18, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: "I was diagnosed with bronchitis today and given this for the first time. After reading the very long scary list of side effects and these reviews I am not taking it. I didn’t see my regular doctor and I think they just give you their drug of choice. He also gave me steroid shot and oral pack and Rosephin shot. I have Bactrim so I’m taking that instead. Thank you everyone for the heads up. I am 64 and I believe doctors don’t always do their home work for older patients. Even Corisdine HBP sent me to the ER With 140 pulse and hypertension after one dose. I don’t think taking this drug is worth the risk."

CPI January 17, 2018

For Pneumonia: "Taken 750 levofloxacin for two days and I've been very dizzy, I've been vomiting, I cannot eat and my head feels like it's going to exploding. I cannot get any relief when trying to go to sleep. I seen writing on the wall it almost like old movie reel going real fast with numbers I got up to use restroom I feel like I can't stand with out feeling like I'm falling. I have been in bed for two days l cannot get up i feel better laying down. I cannot take my other medication after taking this antibiotics"

Tk10 January 15, 2018