User Reviews for Levofloxacin

Also known as: Levaquin, Levaquin Leva-Pak

Learn more about Levofloxacin.

Streptococcal Infection 11 reviews 10 medications

Otitis Media 5 reviews 136 medications

3.2
Summary of Levofloxacin reviews 445 reviews 5.2

Reviews for Levofloxacin

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Otitis Media: "I took 3 doses of levaquin and stopped it. I now have joint pain, constant tendonitis and vision problems. I hold Drs accountable for all of the damage done by this class of drug. For God's sake levaquin is used to treat anthrax infections, it should NOT be used for ear infections, UTIs or sinus infections. It should only be used if the other option is death. I'm serious, if you have a life threatening infection, use it because you have nothing to lose from it but otherwise never take it."

Todd Z August 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "Levaquin and its generic are Fluoroqunilone antibiotics. The FDA has issued a Black Box Warning -- the most severe warning it can issue -- on all Fluoroquinolone antibiotics because they cause so many horrible, longterm side effects (like permanent tendonitis, vision problems, and more). Fluoroqunilones break down the mitochondria of cells, leading to cell death. This damage cannot be reversed."

TPera (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pneumonia: "I experienced the severe side effects of tendon pain. I would not advise taking this medicine unless death is the only option"

Roseville people (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: "Last night I panicked from side effects from this antibiotic I'm taking for a UTI! The first couple days I felt a tingling/electric feeling & muscle twitches all over my body, was restless, and woke a few times during the night. Tonight was my 3rd dose & the electric pins and needles/skin crawling feeling was intense and affected my ENTIRE body (I could feel it in my ear lobes and my eyes!), muscle spasms & twitches, uncontrollable shaking, hard to get a deep breath, hard to swallow, hard to talk, my tongue felt fat, jaw clenching, stuttering, dry mouth, stiff calf muscles, the arches of my feet were twitching, my rib muscles were cramping, paranoia, hearing things, difficulty thinking. Hope no permanent damage! I'm a fit 29-year-old."

Kristina E. (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Levoflox great antibiotic against epididymitis, resolved @day 3 after start. 500mg one daily. Only some tendinitis, Otherwise healthy adult male"

Daddy88 (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I took a total of two 750 mg pills in two days. The day after the first pill I woke up and both my calf muscles felt extremely sore and very tight. I decided to press forward because I wanted to clear up my infection. Later on at night after I took pill two, I had the sensation of pins and needles radiating throughout my body. I thought to myself, something's not right. I decided not to take anymore. When I woke up in the morning after day two, I could barely step down on my feet and walk. I've been off for 4 days now and my symptoms seem to be clearing up slowly. Very slowly. I'm unsure how people take this medication for 5, 7, 10 or even 14 days or more. It will ruin your muscles and tendons and can cause you to become disabled very quick"

purpleindigoviolet (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Prescribed 750mg for 5 days to treat UTI. It worked faster than ciprofloxacin, and no diarrhea."

OneWithFrequentUTI's (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pneumonia: "I was prescribed this medication after having chest X-rays showing I had pneumonia. Wasn’t given any other option. I first learned about a few side effects when I picked it up from the pharmacy. On day 2, I couldn’t sleep at all even though I was exhausted. After a few days I skipped it because I had pain in my feet and wanted to sleep. I was able to sleep after not taking the next dose for over 24 hours. Then I took half a dose then on until I finished. I seemed to feel better with just half (I’m small), but now over a week later and I have awful pain in my feet when I walk and if I walk more, it feels like the bottom inside of my feet are swollen even though it doesn’t appear they are swollen. Don't take this stuff!!"

AliLa (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pneumonia: "I am in severe pain after taking only 3 pills can hardly walk would that do that to me I am 75 years old can anything help me"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "Took for sinus infection in 2009. At the time I wasn't warned that strenuous activity could cause permanent damage while on this med. I torn a muscle so bad it wouldn't heal. Immediately began getting neuropathy. It progressed and worsened over time. Now... after 8 years, it's finally taken over my body's nervous system and enlarged trunk lines of nerve paths all over body. Hands are numb, feet are numb, sharp pains all over, torn muscle is now a grizzle and emits sharp debilitating pain. Polyneuropathy is progressing slowing but surely. Had to stop working because of pain. Taking Lyrica and NSAIDs... doesn't help much. At end of road! No cure... doctors says it reminds them of exposure to agent orange... DO NOT USE THIS DRUG!"

Disabled... took 8 years! (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "This is horrible medicine. My arms are so sore can hardly move them I have never ached so bad."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Kidney Infections: "I was prescribed this for a kidney infection. I took one dose. With that dose I felt so sick to my stomach, had horrible anxiety, my face felt hot and I felt sweaty. My calves of my legs also felt sore. I stopped after that first dose because I felt so awful and read some pretty scary side effects! I went to a different Dr and he put me on doxy which is much safer."

Koober1 (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "DO NOT USE THIS DRUG!!! I was prescribed Lavaquin for a sinus infection over 2 years ago & I am still suffering the side effects. The tendon pain was SO severe during & many months after finishing this med. Now, 2 & 1/2 years later, I still have severe tendon pain, stabbing, hot pain mostly in my wrists, hands & arms. I do not sleep through the night, due to the horrific pain & it persists constantly throughout the days! I have Achilles problems now & can not walk or stand up for any length of time. I am sure I have permanent tendon damage from this drug, which my doctor denies can be caused by this drug & wants to do further tests for autoimmune disease! Stay away from this drug it is poison and ruined my quality of life!!!!!!"

Another big pharm victim (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis: "Had severe sinus problems tried over the counter medicines didn't work diagnosed with bacterial acute sinusitis. Was given medication of levoflaxacin 500 mg . Am feeling better but lots of side effects. Stomach upset depression anxiety. Please do not take unless its the last medicine."

Atiqurrehman1979 (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: "Had to stop after three days due to Achilles tenderness. Achilles still sore three weeks after stopping drug."

Roostertail59 June 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bronchitis: "I was given this medication at 500mg for 5 days from an emergency doctor. This is day 6 and I am just now able to walk across the room without intense pain, nausea, dizziness. I am sore all over and weak, I have not be able to go outside due to the Sunlight. I have 2 more days before I can go out in sunlight. I did not know this the first day I took it. I went to the prescription shop and my skin felt like it was on fire and I was in the car. I have had night sweats, intense pain in my arms, shoulders , back, legs, and abdominal pain. Also check drug interactions before taking anything else. It is not recommended to use aspirin or other pain killers with this drug."

Feeling sore and weak (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Kidney Infections: "I took levoFLOXacin for ten days as the third antibiotic for a kidney infection. The first antibiotic cleared one bacteria and the 2nd and 3rd cleared up the 2nd bacteria. The only adverse reaction was to levoFLOXacin. About day 6, I woke during the night with pain in my right arm, from the upper arm to the top of my hand. I thought I'd slept on it wrong. But the pain continued, mostly in the upper arm until 2 days after I completed the regimen. Now, 2 weeks later, I continue to experience pain . If I carry anything the least bit heavy, the upper arm hurts. Yesterday I used it as little as possible but did use my right arm. I had some pain all the way to the top if my hand again. I had reaction to Cipro. I shouldn't have taken this drug."

Right arm (taken for less than 1 month) June 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "I had been on another antibiotic for 3 weeks. When I went in for a recheck, I still had pneumonia, so was put on Levaquin for 5 days. The first day I took it in the morning & it made me light headed, so I decided to take it @ night. It would cause me to wake up throughout the night. I would also have a burning sensation in my chest & get hot. I went back in for a checkup & the x-ray showed that some parts had improved, but some parts were worse. I was referred to a pulmonologist. I feel like it was too strong for my body."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bronchitis: "Took 500mg once a day for one week. I was very tired and a bit jittery, otherwise no issues. I'm finally over my bronchitis."

Cjr13 May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Kidney Infections: "750 mg for 7 days home health and approx four days of hospitalization on levaquin. Drug is given once a day via IV. I am severely itchy at this point, not much is helping. Some temporary quick fixes with dr. Teals body oil. Last dose tomorrow, I feel weak, tired and have have the occasional muscle spasms accompiened by a nasty rash all over my legs, arms and stomach. It feels awful. I am ready to get off the meds tomorrow and hopefully the sleep insomnia will subside along with the muscle spasms."

Misses itch May 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bronchitis: "I took one 750 mg pill and four hours later I suddenly became extremely confused and started hallucinating. This was on a Friday night around 7:30pm; right now it's 11:30am Monday and I am still too confused to drive. Take this one at home (or a place you can get help) and not alone. I will never take a drug from this class again."

Emily-P May 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "This med has been effective but it has caused such bad joint stiffness that I can barely walk. My back, knees, ankles are in extreme pain. I also feel very dizzy and like I'm going to faint sometimes, really bad gas, and constipation. And, the fatigue is unreal. I can't seem to make anyone understand. I still feel sick now but in a different way. If I had not been so sick, I would not have taken this again. This has been my third levaquin experience. I just can't do it again."

SC Girl (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Do NOT take this medication at all costs!!! Ended up in the ER after 3 dosages. Doctor's can't tell what's going on wiht me. I'm going to see another doc this week to do more tests. I still feel very dizzy, weak, having heart palpitations, can't concentrate, anxious, depressed...I'm going crazy because of this stupid drug!!!!!!!!"

David S10000 May 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Otitis Media: "The first time I used it I ended up at a orthopedic surgeon's office thinking I somehow tore my rotator cuff and needed surgery, NOT thinking the antibiotics I had taken weeks prior to this horrible pain was a side effect. Fast forward, 10 months prescribed this antibiotic again and still have "tennis elbow pain" on the same arm I had the shoulder pain in. I linked this pain, IT WAS LEVOFLOXACIN!! It wasn't anything I did it was this awful drug that I took for 15 days. In 15 days this drug destroyed my arm! I have damaged fingernails, muscle pains, and I still cannot grasp and hang onto objects. My dominant arm has been ruined, all because I had 2 ear infections."

BShanyn (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pneumonia: "If not for this antibiotic my husband would have been dead several times over. Incidentally I'm a Registered nurse. I see where a number have people have attributed wild "side effects' to this drug. Many are confusing symptoms of their illness with side effects of the antibiotic. Just because you experience something unusual for you when your sick doesn't mean its the fault of the antibiotic. Being ill is an abnormal state for ones body yet some of these people seem to think that any effect of the illness they weren't expecting MUST BE attributable to something else and often they blame the treatment rather than the illness. If you've been prescribed Levaquin I urge you to take many of these 'reviews' with more than a grain of salt! An EXCELLENT drug!"

JanaGay1 May 14, 2017