User Reviews for Levofloxacin systemic

Skin or Soft Tissue Infection
3.5

Summary of Levofloxacin reviews 5.4 531 reviews

Reviews for Levofloxacin

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "Levaquin is the ONLY antibiotic that gets rid of my 4x/year sinus infections. I switched doctors in November, and came down with an infection just after making my first appointment. I agreed to try a different antibiotic—Cefuroxine— because I HAVE experienced tendon injury after taking Levaquin (I was sprinting a couple months later and not aware of the warnings). I “sort of” got over the November sinusitis and then came down with another in January. I honestly don't think the first one ever went away, leading to the second flare-up. I again agreed to try a different antibiotic, Doxycycline (I’m still babying those tendons from 3 years ago, so why not avoid the Levaquin, right?). Was on the Doxy 10 days, and, now, three days after finishing, I am no better. I’m calling my doc’s office and insisting on the Levaquin tomorrow. I just won’t be doing sprints."

Lizru January 22, 2019

For Otitis Media: "30 yrs old. I decided to wait before writing this, I took 1 pill 500 mg Dec 31 and within a few hours I felt it my joints were stiff, I was getting tingling and numbness all over my body. My tongue went kinda numb I couldn't swallow my saliva. I ended up in the emergency room. They told me to stop taking which I wasn't planning on taking anymore, its been 3 weeks and I still feel muscle spasm,numbness and the tingling, the occasional joint pain. I feel fortunate that is not as bad as it was the first few days when I could barely walk. Stay away from this medication I wished I would have followed my gut and everyone's advice. I hope with time I can return to my old self. You never know how your body will react to the medication, there a lot of other medications that although still have side effects, they do not stay with you like this horrible medication does. Its not worth it - it can change your life for a long time maybe even permanently. ASK FOR AN ALTERNATIVE."

Cachanilla (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2019

For Bronchitis: "I had bronchitis and lower respiratory tract infection. Levofloxacin is a strong drug that within one day cleared up congestion in my right lung and bronchitis. I took this after a course of azithromycin failed. Side effects I experienced could be attributed to infection (dizziness, fatigue, and soreness)."

Hofe (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2019

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "Took this med for seven days for pneumonia. Took it away with NO side effects! I would take it again if absolutely needed!"

Katy (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2019

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Hello I was diagnosed on Tuesday January 2, 2019 with a UTI. Never had anything like this before. I urinated on myself at least 4 times on my way to work. Two days before I was urinating every 16 minutes for two nights in a row before that. Severe pain in my lower back and cramps in my left kidney and stomach. I thought I was gonna die. I couldn't really stand or sit . I took the train to hospital and I was embarrassed cuz I soiled (wee) myself but I didn't care. I needed to know what was wrong. After seeing the doctor they prescribed me a 7 day (750 mg) pill called LEVOFLOXACIN. After taking a pill when I got home. I felt immediate relief in my back. I'm not at work for the next 7 days. I took my third tablet today. I do have constipation and I had stomach pain yesterday but I feel it's going to work. I'm still alive, worried because this has never happen to me. I'm 56 I'm healthy. I work out daily. I eat only fruits, veggies. Fish. Chicken. I pray for healing. You all deserve to feel better."

Smiley (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2019

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: "Nasty stuff, broke out with blisters all over my body."

Not nuts (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Streptococcal Infection: "This medication can cause weakening of tendons. At 43 I had a tear in my left Achilles. My right achilles tore and was repaired at age 49. The surgeon said my tendon was in VERY BAD shape. It didn't make it through the first repair because I fell and it totally ruptured. It took 18 months for full recovery. My recommendation is to STAY AWAY FEOM LEVAQUIN OR ANYTHING IN ITS FAMILY!!!!!"

Onlylvonce December 21, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Kidney Infections: "I was hospitalized for 3 days and given the IV antiobiotic Rocephin for a kidney infection. After being discharged, I was given a 4 day course of Levaquin, 750mg dosage. Side effects started within hours, first nerve pain (peripheral neuropathy) in soles of feet, then within a day extended up to my knees and from my fingertips to my shoulders. After the 3rd pill, muscle weakness appeared alongside the nerve pain. I was lucky that within 10 days of taking my last pill, all side effects were gone. I was told by my regular GP to never take the fluoroquinolone class of antibiotics again. This is a serious drug, and the nerve pain I experienced could have been permanent. I'd only recommend taking fluoroquinolones as a last resort. Read the FDA black box warnings and if your dr doesn't take them seriously, I'd find a new GP"

Marie (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2018

For Prostatitis: "DO NOT TRY THIS MEDICATION. I took 2x 500 mg pills and since then suffered acute muscle tendon and nervous system damage. Google “floxed” and you’ll see people have suffered for years with these symptoms. It only needs one pill. Do not try this under any circumstances."

James (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "This is my 4th antibiotic for a sinus infection. On day 5 and not feeling any different. Just wanted to give my experience ...I ate yogurt in the morning and afternoon and took a probiotic. I had none of the side effects but slight joint pain. Keep in mind everyone is different. Drink plenty of water. Blood test done yesterday and it shows I have a infection but no antibiotic touching it, This has been going on for 2 months. Have a CT scan on Monday."

Tuna (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I was prescribed 500mg Levaquin to be taken for 7 days for a UTI I developed while on a cruise. I was given this drug because I’m allergic to PCN and Cephalosporins. I read all the bad reviews but the discomfort from my UTI made me desperate for relief. About 6 hours after taking this drug I had severe pain in my lower legs. I contacted my physician at home and was told to discontinue the antibiotic immediately, that I was at serious risk of rupturing my Achilles’ tendon. I only took one pill. Unfortunately, I was on a European vacation that required a lot of walking. I am 27 years old and felt like I was 80, I could barely get around. Completely ruined my vacation. I was terrified I had permanently damaged my muscles or could injure myself and deal with a lifetime of pain. Luckily, the muscle pain went away after 4-5 days. It did take out my UTI, but I would NEVER take this again knowing the risks and side effects. There’s a reason it has a black box warning."

Heather November 11, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "My doctors will try everything but this medication. Every. Single. Time. It gets old. I get prednisone, nasal washes, low dose antibiotics, all in vain. Currently I have been suffering for two weeks and once again, the whole protocol that doesn't work. Finally able to get the Levaquin last night and feel so much better after only one dose. The congestion in my sinuses is finally breaking loose. I have taken this medication for years and knock on wood, so far, no problems."

Kansaschai (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "I was taking this medication for a sinus infection. Within a few days I was getting sick to stomach and throwing up. So my mom had to call my doctor to switch my medication."

Sandycat November 3, 2018

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I found this medication to be a rough one. I don't usually have problems with antibiotics like z-pack or doxycycline but this one gave me unrelenting dizziness from the moment I woke till the moment I went to sleep, loss of appetite and ultimately after 5 days of taking it, began to cause feelings of pressure in the back of my head. The doctor seemed quite concerned about the head pressure and switched me over to Cipro which gave me absolutely no side effects at all. On a positive note, this antibiotic did begin working against my pseudomonas skin infection almost immediately. But cipro seemed to worked just as well."

blgriffin83 (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2018

For Bronchitis: "After taking a second dose of Levofloxacin, It created hallucinations for example when I was lying on bed with closed eyes I felt that grass is growing fast on ceiling and would fall on me. But as soon as I opened my eyes nothing was there."

R man October 25, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "As of right now it is the best antibiotic I've ever taken for pneumonia. I'm highly alergic to almost all antibiotic's so this is kind of my last option. I had 50% fluidization in my left lung so it was treat the pneumonia or die. I have taken one does and my fever has gone from 103.7 to 101.4 and I'm already coughing up fluids. So while the side affects are scary if you get them (I haven't) it works very well."

mwhitson625 (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2018

For Pneumonia: "After two doses of 750 mg for pneumonia, I felt like I was going to die. This made me lethargic gave me diarrhea , and just felt horrible. I am almost 80 years old and I don't think I should have ever been prescribed this med. I think it is very dangerous, especially for older patients with many illnesses. I would never take this again. It should be banned."

snookie (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection: "2007 took this med for an urinary tract infection- the emergency dr. gave to me. I luckily took one pill and immediately had horrid reaction , the next day infection was really bad, I went to another dr. who gave me a classic antibiotic and in two days got a bit better then finally great. The rest of the year couldn't lift my feet stumbled unexpectedly and had spasms in my back legs , no one knew then I guess but suddenly noticed my tendons were really thick and rigid, I had been a runner and jumper now couldn't walk now ten years later have to massage my legs on and off all day to restart circulation, also have a liver problem with varices but no normal symptoms or markers all seem related to that single damn pill. Thank goodness I only took one. It has ruined my life for any activity and now the pain and rigidity had set in muscle cramps a lot now I know why! DON'T TAKE THIS DRUG. I ONLY TOOK ONE PILL AND IT RUINED MY LIVELIHOOD , not worth it"

sara (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "My husband had the very beginning of pneumonia (doctor almost didn't recognize it on the xray). After taking 1 dose of Levaquin he started having seizures. He developed Torsades de Pointes which is a heart condition. Spent a week in the hospital and died 2 weeks later from an enlarged heart. He never had heart problems before this. He was 50 years old."

Michaela (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Prostatitis: "I took this Rx as prescribed by my doctor. 500 mg 1/daily. On the 4th day I developed severe tendinitis to the point that I couldn’t walk. I immediately notified my doctor and discontinued the Rx. Dr. then put me on Augmentin for my supposedly bacterial infection. Ugh! Side effects should be looked at closer."

Njanie (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I was admitted to the hospital for 4 days and treated for acute diverticulitis. While in the hospital I was treated with an IV antibiotic. Upon discharge I was prescribed LEVOFLOXACIN 750 mg./one per day. Within two days my complete muscular/tendons throughout my body were in the WORST PAIN EVER! Can’t walk, drive, hold onto a walker, lift my arms...any movement is severe pain. It’s been 10 days and still the same. Been taking an opiate for pain but no relief. There is no antidote! Tomorrow I will begin a muscle relaxer by itself and hopefully the pain will stop and I’ll have my life back. NEVER AGAIN!"

Pamela (taken for less than 1 month) September 17, 2018

For Pneumonia: "Got pneumonia, went to urgent Care for help, was prescribed this pill. It's day 5 I don't know if I'm feeling better I have chest tightness but I hear it's from chest mucus and no reason for heart problems because I'm only 18. I don't know how to tell if I'm better it's 3 am my lungs feel cold. I don't have pain or anything no real side effects as for vision loss I already wear glasses can't really comment on that but I don't have any sore joints or whatever and I've been sleeping well too, I'm just afraid that these pills won't help because I only have 2 more left of these 750 mg I was out on for 7 days. Some times I have a bit of small pain in my lung area which is why I doubt this pill, I'm just afraid of what's going to happen if this doesn't help. I still have a wet cough and my sinuses been clogged for like a week now and the syrup I've been talking which if finished couple days ago has not helped."

Kyo (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: "I took 1 pill of 500mg Levaquin for an epidydimitis, about 2 hours later I was experiencing a lot of side effects such as anxiety, fast heart rate, heart palpitations, muscle spasms, dizziness and insomnia. The next few days I experienced major tendon pain and muscle spasms/pain that I have never had before. Instead of Levaquin I was prescribed Bactrim..... hopefully this antibiotic does the trick without destroying my body in the process. It’s honestly a shot in the dark with all of the antibiotics on the market which is truly a disappointment and shame. You never know whether the side effects from the antibiotic might be worse than the actual disease/infection it’s intended to treat. Just shows how messed up America’s healthcare system really is... I hope you all never have to take an antibiotic again! I know there will be way better treatments within the next 10 years."

Pete (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2018

For Pneumonia: "This medication cleared my lungs of infection but the side effects, which I never seem to get from other medications, are still affecting me more than a month after taking it. My side effects include: (1) a headache that never goes away (2) severe ringing in my ears (3) blurred vision Going for a CAT scan now since all other tests have turned out normal as will probably the scan. Just hoping these side effects eventually go away."

bluedog (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2018

For Nongonococcal Urethritis: "Do all the side effects go away after you stop taking the antibiotic? or are they permanent?"

general September 5, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...