User Reviews for Levofloxacin

Also known as: Levaquin, Levaquin Leva-Pak

Learn more about Levofloxacin.

Kidney Infections 12 reviews 93 medications

Skin or Soft Tissue Infection 8 reviews 161 medications

3.9
Summary of Levofloxacin reviews 368 reviews 5.6

Reviews for Levofloxacin

For Bacterial Infection: "IThe effects of this far out weigh the problem it was meant to solve . I was given this for bacterial infection of MRSA (after researching this should NOT) be given for MRSA at all (Clinical Advisor) . I was given this on Oct 5th , 2015 . October 8th I was making dinner for and my legs (lower legs/bi-lateral) began to hurt terribly . Began shaking and became weak. I sat down after the shaking subsided , it took everything I had to stand up , the pain was mind-blowing . Ever since then I have had numerous tests done to rule out ???? whatever they seemed to think it could be . I was finally told by my PCP that it was the effects of Levaquin . It will be a year soon and I still suffer with weakness , shakiness and extreme Pain . My life has changed for the worse ."

Meli1793 (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2016

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "The short list of damage that fluoroquinolones (FQs) did to me includes blood clots, broken blood vessels, bloated failing veins carved from 13 entry points, erratic blood pressure, hemochromatosis, liver damage, kidney damage, pulmonary edema, collapsed lung, hernia, torn lumbar muscle, half dozen bulging discs when I had none a few years before, peripheral neuropathy, shrinking eyeballs, tinnitus, multi-chemical sensitivity, gastrointestinal distress, hair loss, crumbling teeth, nosebleeds, nails fall off, spontaneous tendon ruptures, cartilage transplant, ligament damage, cognitive impairment and horrific mental anguish, psychosis, anxiety attacks and hundreds of other bizarre health issues. Many surgeries, more to come until I die early"

Girardia (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "Taking for an infected toe. The infection is eating away the bone. I really know if it is working as there was no swelling or pain in the first place. Side effects are minimal and tolerable, some stomach discomfort and fatigue."

Bluerose1 September 18, 2016

For Bronchitis: "Never take this drug.on the 9th day of my 10 day prescription I experienced stabbing pain in my legs. I have never had any reaction to a medicine before and these were totally unfamiliar pains. It is over a month and I can barely walk. This should not be on the market."

Marilynsyracuse September 18, 2016

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "Lost 40% of Achilles' tendon! All my tendons in hands, feet shoulders, neck ---actually, all o we my body are sore all the time! Can't work out anymore, have a hard time doing housework, landscaping, sleeping, Can't open bottles. Put my bra on because of the soreness in my shoulder muscles etc. I hate this feeling all the time! I am not myself anymore. Used to be the poster child of health for a 69 year old"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2016

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "I started having trouble about 1 month after i finished my prescription. I have severe joint pain from my hips down. I was a very active person, walking 6-7 miles a day, now i barely get 2 because my feet & knees hurt so bad."

Char4u2lv September 15, 2016

For Bronchitis: "With Prednisolone 75mg 3 tablets for five days and Levofloxacin 500 mg one capsule for 15 days my bronchitis severity is much less but sudden spasms of cough continue Not returned to feeling normal"

Geve (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2016

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Kidney Infections: "I have taken Levaquin on various occasions for uti.I never really had side effects after only a week of it. The improvement in the infection was pretty rapid and remarkable. In 2 days I felt better than I had in 3 months, so I was suffering from this uti off and on for awhile. Doxycycline and Keflex couldn't touch it. I consider Levaquin the gold standard for a uti. Unfortunately this time I had a kidney infection as well, so I was really miserable. However, if you take Levaquin for several weeks you can have tendon and muscle problems. but my gosh, you have to get rid of the infection or you'll die. so I recommend this over Cipro. Cipro sometimes has to be taken again. I always recommend Levaquin to people."

golfhat (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2016

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "Prescribed Levaquin for 5 days. 5 to 10 days after completing medication, which killed the pneumonia, I started to have joint pain. Now, over two months after taking this medication I am pretty much disabled. I have what is now called Fluoroquinolone induced tendonapathy in my shoulders, elbows, wrists, hips, knees and ankles. I also suffer from neurological changes that effect my sense of touch and I feel like I am suffering from mild electric shocks all over my body. I wish I would not have been given this antibiotic. It has slowly destroyed my quality of life."

WickedVision September 7, 2016

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "Omg. This medicine is scary. Had a very, very bad sinus infection. I was desperate for relief. A day after taking this medicine, I felt a stiffness in my neck. Thought nothing of it, maybe I slept on it wrong? Switched pillows. Next night, worse. Three days in, could barely stand the pain in my neck. Then it hit me that the medicine was causing the muscle/tendon issue. Also, this medicine made me seriously feel out of it. I had to stop after 4 days. I'd rather deal with the sinus infection."

Evrimbee August 27, 2016

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "Permanently damaged and disabled from 500mg x 2 levaquin. Check the black box warnings. I was healthy young person. Started experiencing side effects a few hours after administration. Adverse reactions got worse. it's been almost 5 YEARS and have bodywide peripheral neuropathy, bodywide tendonosis, dry mouth eyes, nose, tinnitus, crepitus all over. The drug is poison and destroys human as well as bacterial mtDNA. Just google "Fluoroquinolone toxicity." There are safer alternatives for pneumonia. Don't ruin your life with this garbage that the FDA has failed to remove from the market."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I advise anyone issued this medication to refuse it and ask for an alternative. I was prescribed this to take 1 every 12 hours for the first 2 days after that 1 for 8 days for an infected finger. I had a very small cut which I had used antibiotic cream on and it made my finger itch and then swell. There was no pain present and the cut had disappeared however my finger was swollen and very itchy. I went to the hospital urgent care here in Spain and as I am allergic to penicillin I was given the levoflaxcino. First day no problems, second day I couldn't stand up due to severe cramps, I was not sleeping, felt anxious and uneasy. I also began experimenting tightness and pain in the arches on my feet when walking. I still have pain in my feet."

Kit1112 August 22, 2016

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: "I am very shocked at all the remarks about the horrible side effects of this medicine. I am again taking it, as it is the only antibiotic that really does kick the infection. I did notice years ago when I was prescribed 750mg, it made me light headed, dizzy....so since then I ask for 500mg, and it is just the perfect dose for my body. I rate Lefofloxacin at a 10. I have never experienced any of the side effects people have mentioned, like tendinitis, metal taste, nausea, etc., and anyone I know who has taken it hasn't complained of any negative aspects of the med either. I recommend it at 500mg, but would maybe steer clear of the 750mg. That one is just so strong."

Amymby August 21, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "Page 1. Levofloxacin is definitely not a drug that should be taken lightly in any case. If your not familiar with any drug, please do the research before taking it. Understandably it's difficult to do if you have been admitted into the ER/ Hospital. I was very fortunate to have my partner who helped me to nip it in the bud before it got out of control. I was admitted into the hospital with only a fever, no severe coughing. A CT Scan and blood work was perf to find the bacteria infection if any; was not found specifically. Yet within the following day a doctor of internal medicine (4 years experienced) prescribed levofloxacin through an IV."

Amanda Walton (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2016

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "Hospitalized with fever. Took it for 3 days. Doctor couldn't find out where or what type of bacteria I had. This medicine is definitely the highest form of antibiotic for bacteria or infected by anthrax. Leaves a bad foul nasty taste in your mouth and when you blow your nose. Made me so sick to my stomache, it made me cough up bad tasting phlemg and gag at the same time. Doctors need to really take this medicine more seriously. I refuse to take anymore of this crap."

Mindy lynne (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2016

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "I was given Levofloxacin 750 mg for 5 days, for a sinus infection. On the 5th day I started having Achille Tendon pain. I've been off the medication for 4 days and I now have some swelling in the area as well as pain. I have never had problems with my tendons. In my opinion taking the drug was a big mistake and one that I regret. From all I've read this condition may not go away for a year if it even goes away. For me the cure wasn't worth the horrible side effects. I won't take its again or anything else in the Fluoroquinolone family."

So Regretful August 15, 2016

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: "I started the medication yesterday due to serve bronchitis that developed from an upper respiratory infection. After the first dose (just 30 minutes) I had to call an ambulance and take my epinephrine. My throat closed, I was unable to breathe and I was having sever pain on the left side of my chest. This medication is awful. I now have to go back to the doctors office and get something else that WON'T potentially kill me."

Anonymous August 10, 2016

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "Stay away from this medicine!!! It's horrible!!! It caused me to develop depersonalization/depression. It also made me feel anxious and confused. I really haven't been the same since I took it."

Jack1513 August 8, 2016

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: "I was prescribed Levaquin 750 milligrams for bacterial conjunctivitis. It work when nothing else would. Two thumbs up"

Lusy52 August 6, 2016

For Pneumonia: "Have been sick for three weeks. Went to the doctor and was diagnosed with bronchitis but was given script for chest X-ray if I didn't improve. I didn't so had the X-ray which showed pneumonia. Have taken 500 mg for 10 days worth and redid the X-ray today. No change in my lungs. Have experienced some side effects -- night sweats, trouble sleeping, ankle weakness."

North jersey girl August 3, 2016

For Sinusitis: "Will never take this again! After one 500 mg dose for a sinus infection, I did not sleep at all. I've been up almost 24 hours at this point. I felt like my skin was burning all night and can barely move now. I'm awaiting a call back from my dr to get another antibiotic."

Jennifer J. (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2016

For Pneumonia: "Very great drug, got me out of pneumonia in 5 days, but still took it as prescribed 10 days. Once a day by 500mg. I did not experience any side effects. From the beginning after reading all the side effects I felt I have them all but that was only in my head. So unless you really have side effects you should talk to your doctor."

Anonymous August 1, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I have neuropathy, dizziness, headache, nausea, tremors, insomnia, muscle soreness, depression, light headness, severe fatigue, I could go on. I'm angry the dr. Would prescribe this drug to me after telling him my medical history ( lupus & SCA 2 ataxia a very rare hereditary neurological disorder) for my 1st UTI. He didn't try another type of antibiotic 1st. This is poison!!"

Reblyn (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2016

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Kidney Infections: "I was treated for kidney infection with 750 mg once a day for 7 days. Like other reviewers I had similar side effects ; terrible headaches , nausea, sleeplessness, aches in joints. I'm an avid tennis player and worry about tendon damage. I must admit the back pain is better in two days but still have frequent urination issues. The doctor ordered a culture which should be back soon and perhaps offer another alternative with fewer side effects."

10sgal July 24, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "If I could give this drug a 0 I would. I have never had such a severe reaction in my life. It was so bad I ended up not only in the ER from the reaction but also at the eye doctors as it caused my entire eye to turn bright red, swell and lost vision temporarily in it. This medication also caused me severe joint pain, shoulder pain, and leg/severe calf pain."

Mom37013 (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2016