User Reviews for Levofloxacin

3.5

Summary of Levofloxacin reviews 5.5 559 reviews

Reviews for Levofloxacin

Gerald July 16, 2019

For Sinusitis: "Sinus infection ,pain in my face and teeth, nose congestion and un beatable sharp pain and Levofloxacin 500 mg and prednisone 20 mg is a miracle combination cure."

bethy ny · Taken for less than 1 month July 10, 2019

For Bronchitis: "The tendon side effects of levofloxacin are true. Last night, 2 weeks after ending the script, I experienced excruciating pain in my left foot. Three times abut an hour apart each time. The side effects can last up to a year (maybe more - who really knows??). I also experienced being VERY hot especially while sleeping. I took 1 tablet in the morning for I believe 7 days. I am still coughing and wheezing. I am still on an inhaler and been through a prednisone routine. Waiting on the doctor to re-evaluate my situation. Ughhh."

Sam · Taken for less than 1 month July 6, 2019

For Bronchitis: "Prescribed after z pak, day 5 still feeling uhh!! Some better but so tired, sleep all day, dizzy headed, so dreary! Bad taste in mouth still coughing up phlegm! Nausea is bad, going to stop today! Prescription was for 10 days, 500mg! Can’t take the side effects anymore!"

Lexwind8 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 2, 2019

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: "Round 3 still coughing and night sweats would have rather had a Z-Pack"

Nina · Taken for less than 1 month June 11, 2019

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: "Started taking levaquin 6 days ago for a UTI/bladder infection. This whole time I've been lightheaded, pain in my right heal and tongue feels weird, almost like its burned and very dry mouth. This is the second antibiotic in the past 3 weeks, sadly I don't think it's working and now I'm having kidney pains. I don't recommend levaquin if you are sensitive to medicines!"

tommyboy · Taken for less than 1 month May 31, 2019

For Prostatitis: "Levofloxacin cured my prostatitis after 10 days as prescribed by an urologist. Had some constipation during the time I was taking it, but no other noticeable side effects."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 25, 2019

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Am allergic to Penicillin. Am disabled & had multiple UTI’s. Levaquin saved my life. I’ve also been an RN for 44 years. If you need a drug like Levaquin, be sure to listen to your Doctor & take it as prescribed with plenty of water & the probiotics. If you’re not advised about this, ASK QUESTIONS. Remember, your Doctor actually works for YOU! Don’t just ask about this, ask about everything. Perhaps make a list before you see the doctor & even jot down notes while with the Dr. &/or bring someone with you. How many times have you walked out of a Doc’s office & thought “What did they say?”. Many things can cause allergic reactions. Ask your Doc & perhaps keep Benadryl in your home. P.S.: The original clear capsules have been known to dissolve quicker & get into your system faster, especially when put under your tongue. This is in no manner meant to be medical advice. Always ask your Doctor. Yours, in good health."

Fiona · Taken for less than 1 month May 21, 2019

For Pneumonia: "Was prescribed Levofloxacin 750mg for 5 days for recurrent bacterial pneumonia. Aside from some dizziness I didn't have any side effects. Pain, fever and shortness of breath are gone."

jbandersen · Taken for less than 1 month May 20, 2019

For Sinusitis: "I was prescribed Levofloxacin 500mg for a sinus infection. I took it for 10 days with no change in infection it wasn't working. I noticed soreness in my Achilles and in my knees. I began to experience strong panic attacks and very strong dark thoughts. The paranoia was very intense as was the depression. I have never in my life experienced panic attacks, anxiety attacks, suicidal thoughts, paranoia, huge mood swings or depression. The above effects lasted almost two weeks. Anxiety still comes and goes. It has been two months since taking Levofloxacin and the anxiety attacks are getting less."

No more pain · Taken for less than 1 month May 9, 2019

For Bronchitis: "No side effects at all and been I've taking levofloxacin now for 5 days now for bronchitis, and felt the benefit of it working by the next day after taking it. Still slight cough but totally pain free and sleeping without waking to cough"

Amylee75 · Taken for less than 1 month May 5, 2019

For Otitis Media: "I took 1 levofloxacin 500 mg pill. Got very disoriented and dizzy. It only lasted a few hours, but then the tingling and pins and needles came. It lasted all night, and has spread all over my body, starting with my extremities. The second day I developed leg weakness and the tingling and pins are worse. I read the symptoms could get worse even after the med is stopped, before you get better, if you even get better. This has poison system and I only hope the damage doesn’t get any worse and I start to recover. Don’t take it!!! Whatever your infection is, it isn’t worth permanent nerve damage!!!!"

Jill · Taken for less than 1 month April 24, 2019

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Do NOT take this Levaquin if you suffer from any mental Illness. I’m taking Levaquin and Bactrim and I had extreme side effects ...psychosis, paranoia, nervousness and delirium, I’m hallucinating, this is crazy. In the event that you experience these side effects call your doctor immediately. DO NOT TAKE THIS MED IF YOU HAVE MENTAL ILLNESS !!!"

MimiK · Taken for less than 1 month April 21, 2019

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: "I was prescribed Levaquin for a URI and a UTI. I have a previous history of c. difficile from last summer and my Infectious disease doctor advised me to be careful taking any antibiotics due to chance of c difficile recurring. On the 7th day of taking, I woke up with a semi-frozen right shoulder. Iced it for 4 days with minimal improvement, went to see my PCP on the 5th day, he ordered a shoulder x-ray followed by an MRI. It revealed a 50% tear of the tendon in my shoulder due to the Levaquin. I am 65 and not a surgical candidate. Will never take this drug again! My sister-in-law warned me about this but I thought she was exaggerating!"

Bev · Taken for less than 1 month April 10, 2019

For Otitis Media: "Levofloxacin was a godsend for me. A severe upper respiratory tract infection and accompanying ear infection sent me to urgent care 5 times before getting this prescription. My ear infection persisted through a Z-pack, amoxicillin, cefdinir and a ceftriaxone shot. The levofloxacin has restored my hearing and eliminated the infection. Did not experience any of the side effects known to occur with taking this drug. Wishing they had prescribed this to me earlier!"

Puffbutton · Taken for less than 1 month April 6, 2019

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: "I am finishing my last pill. I had seven 500 mg pills and obviously, this is number 7. I have bronchitis but since I tend to get that, it easily accelerates into pneumonia. I can't take anything besides Levaquin either. I am so sensitive to meds. Well, my advice is STAY IN BED and drink TONS and tons of water. Don't let the side effects (my tendons started acting up and DO put your feet up on a pillow for that...) worry you unless you have a particularly extreme reaction. Just "go with the flow". It makes me sleep = no insomnia! Get out the old movies, the western novels and keeps the lights LOW in your QUIET room. It's worth it. This drug has saved my life."

Username888 · Taken for less than 1 month March 28, 2019

For Chlamydia Infection: "I plead to you do not to take this medication unless it is your absolute final option! I'm 27 years old, after I took one 500mg pill within 3 hours all the joints in my hands started to feel like they were pulling apart, HORRIFYING! I couldn't walk normally and I felt like I was 100 years old. I stopped the medication and woke up to discover my vision was fading away into a blur intermittently sometimes in one eye sometimes the other like I wasn't wearing corrective lenses even though I was. I'll admit I prayed even though I'm not religious I was so sick from this medication and everything was so scary. My arms would fall asleep and get pins and needles, My ears would ring and ring. Finally after more than 2 months things are mostly the back to normal, others haven't been so lucky, don't take this unless you're dying."

34yo_female · Taken for less than 1 month March 14, 2019

For Bronchitis: "I've been on and off different antibiotics for a month because of the flu. My right lung got infected, which I found out a few days ago after an x ray and Dr prescribed 750mg levofloxacin, once daily for 6 days + other meds for cough and runny nose. Now I'm on the third day and can't sleep. Half an hour ago I was so sleepy when I took it, but soon after that I couldn't breathe through my nose. I was afraid I would stop breathing, if I fell asleep. I won't continue taking this medicine! I didn't sleep for 2 nights and now I am staying awake for the third?"

Babs · Taken for less than 1 month March 13, 2019

For Sinusitis: "Bad sinus infection and cough so Dr gave me levofloxacin 750 mg for seven days. I was so sick and I just wanted to take it to get better. After reading the reviews of this medicine I have to say it scared me but so far I've had no reaction at all. Sinus infection is gone, cough is still there."

Bigsky · Taken for less than 1 month March 10, 2019

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "Have been fighting upper respiratory & sinus since the end of Jan. Even after 3 antibiotics, steroids etc I ended up with pneumonia. Dr at the ER gave me Levaquin & within 4 days I was beginning to feel like my old self. My only adverse reaction is nausea but you deal with the bad if the good outweighs the bad."

David · Taken for less than 1 month March 6, 2019

For Bronchitis: "I have sever COPD and was slowly getting tight. My Doc gave this to me along with Prednisone and I no longer have the deep down gurgles in my lungs when I blow out hard. This is the first time in 3 years I feel like my lungs are clear. My O2 sats are up to 95 which I have had 90 to 92 as normal. I think it worked great for me and I have had no side effects, I am a Male Nurse and I do not know any patient that has had the side effects described here."

Sally · Taken for less than 1 month March 5, 2019

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: "Levaquin is a miracle ... within 5-6 hours of taking just one dose , I feel 100% BETTER. I seem to get bronchitis at least once a year."

Downtown · Taken for less than 1 month March 4, 2019

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: "I cannot take Cipro or Bactrim without terrible terrible headaches and other bad side affects. I get no negative affects from Leviquin 500's. Used for my hip replacement so requested this med for my bladder infection after trying Bactrim unsuccessfully."

Kirann · Taken for less than 1 month February 25, 2019

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "I've been on Levaquin before for an ear infection and have never had a problem. I am allergic to most antibiotics except for the tetracyclines and quinolones / fluoroquinolones. I've had a sinus infection for 2 1/2 weeks now and was on a round of doxycycline 100mg 2x/day for 10 days, which did absolutely nothing. Now I am on Levaquin 500mg 1x/day for 10 days. On day 5 and the only side effects are insomnia, slight abdominal pain and nausea. I will take that over the inability to breathe, post nasal drip and a cough any day because I know it's temporary. I usually run 3.5-4 miles/day and have no issues."

recurring male uti · Taken for less than 1 month February 16, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I had ongoing UTI from 2000-2015. Try different antibotics but after 2-3 months I would get another on. New dr had me try levofloxacin at 750mg for 14 days and problem completely went away. 4 years later I just got my first UTI since 2015. Went on levofloxacin 500 and cleared up in 7 hours. taken 500mg for 14 days. I have never had any side effects. This is my choice for UTI SINCE I TRIED EVERYTHING ELSE!!"

Tammy · Taken for less than 1 month February 15, 2019

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: "I have used even requested it for UTI and Upper Respiratory infections it has been my go to drugfrom my ENT doctor prescribed it before there was a generic. I have never suffered any side effects an have always gotten well. I use it once a year my usual yearly infection."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)