User Reviews for Levofloxacin

Also known as: Levaquin, Levaquin Leva-Pak

Learn more about Levofloxacin.

Kidney Infections 11 reviews 93 medications

Skin or Soft Tissue Infection 7 reviews 160 medications

4.2
Summary of Levofloxacin reviews 356 reviews 5.7

Reviews for Levofloxacin

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I advise anyone issued this medication to refuse it and ask for an alternative. I was prescribed this to take 1 every 12 hours for the first 2 days after that 1 for 8 days for an infected finger. I had a very small cut which I had used antibiotic cream on and it made my finger itch and then swell. There was no pain present and the cut had disappeared however my finger was swollen and very itchy. I went to the hospital urgent care here in Spain and as I am allergic to penicillin I was given the levoflaxcino. First day no problems, second day I couldn't stand up due to severe cramps, I was not sleeping, felt anxious and uneasy. I also began experimenting tightness and pain in the arches on my feet when walking. I still have pain in my feet."

Kit1112 August 22, 2016

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: "I am very shocked at all the remarks about the horrible side effects of this medicine. I am again taking it, as it is the only antibiotic that really does kick the infection. I did notice years ago when I was prescribed 750mg, it made me light headed, dizzy....so since then I ask for 500mg, and it is just the perfect dose for my body. I rate Lefofloxacin at a 10. I have never experienced any of the side effects people have mentioned, like tendinitis, metal taste, nausea, etc., and anyone I know who has taken it hasn't complained of any negative aspects of the med either. I recommend it at 500mg, but would maybe steer clear of the 750mg. That one is just so strong."

Amymby August 21, 2016

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "Hospitalized with fever. Took it for 3 days. Doctor couldn't find out where or what type of bacteria I had. This medicine is definitely the highest form of antibiotic for bacteria or infected by anthrax. Leaves a bad foul nasty taste in your mouth and when you blow your nose. Made me so sick to my stomache, it made me cough up bad tasting phlemg and gag at the same time. Doctors need to really take this medicine more seriously. I refuse to take anymore of this crap."

Mindy lynne (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2016

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "I was given Levofloxacin 750 mg for 5 days, for a sinus infection. On the 5th day I started having Achille Tendon pain. I've been off the medication for 4 days and I now have some swelling in the area as well as pain. I have never had problems with my tendons. In my opinion taking the drug was a big mistake and one that I regret. From all I've read this condition may not go away for a year if it even goes away. For me the cure wasn't worth the horrible side effects. I won't take its again or anything else in the Fluoroquinolone family."

So Regretful August 15, 2016

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: "I started the medication yesterday due to serve bronchitis that developed from an upper respiratory infection. After the first dose (just 30 minutes) I had to call an ambulance and take my epinephrine. My throat closed, I was unable to breathe and I was having sever pain on the left side of my chest. This medication is awful. I now have to go back to the doctors office and get something else that WON'T potentially kill me."

Anonymous August 10, 2016

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "Stay away from this medicine!!! It's horrible!!! It caused me to develop depersonalization/depression. It also made me feel anxious and confused. I really haven't been the same since I took it."

Jack1513 August 8, 2016

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: "I was prescribed Levaquin 750 milligrams for bacterial conjunctivitis. It work when nothing else would. Two thumbs up"

Lusy52 August 6, 2016

For Pneumonia: "Have been sick for three weeks. Went to the doctor and was diagnosed with bronchitis but was given script for chest X-ray if I didn't improve. I didn't so had the X-ray which showed pneumonia. Have taken 500 mg for 10 days worth and redid the X-ray today. No change in my lungs. Have experienced some side effects -- night sweats, trouble sleeping, ankle weakness."

North jersey girl August 3, 2016

For Sinusitis: "Will never take this again! After one 500 mg dose for a sinus infection, I did not sleep at all. I've been up almost 24 hours at this point. I felt like my skin was burning all night and can barely move now. I'm awaiting a call back from my dr to get another antibiotic."

Jennifer J. (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2016

For Pneumonia: "Very great drug, got me out of pneumonia in 5 days, but still took it as prescribed 10 days. Once a day by 500mg. I did not experience any side effects. From the beginning after reading all the side effects I felt I have them all but that was only in my head. So unless you really have side effects you should talk to your doctor."

Anonymous August 1, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I have neuropathy, dizziness, headache, nausea, tremors, insomnia, muscle soreness, depression, light headness, severe fatigue, I could go on. I'm angry the dr. Would prescribe this drug to me after telling him my medical history ( lupus & SCA 2 ataxia a very rare hereditary neurological disorder) for my 1st UTI. He didn't try another type of antibiotic 1st. This is poison!!"

Reblyn (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2016

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Kidney Infections: "I was treated for kidney infection with 750 mg once a day for 7 days. Like other reviewers I had similar side effects ; terrible headaches , nausea, sleeplessness, aches in joints. I'm an avid tennis player and worry about tendon damage. I must admit the back pain is better in two days but still have frequent urination issues. The doctor ordered a culture which should be back soon and perhaps offer another alternative with fewer side effects."

10sgal July 24, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "If I could give this drug a 0 I would. I have never had such a severe reaction in my life. It was so bad I ended up not only in the ER from the reaction but also at the eye doctors as it caused my entire eye to turn bright red, swell and lost vision temporarily in it. This medication also caused me severe joint pain, shoulder pain, and leg/severe calf pain."

Mom37013 (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2016

For Pneumonia: "I've only been taking this for 3 days, for pneumonia and the side effects I've had are nausea, about 30 minutes after taking and diarrhea. I'm still looking for something to help with the nausea. It's not fun being as sick as I've been and adding another issue."

Holly H (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2016

For Pneumonia: "I was precribed this medication due to having some "type of pneumonia". I was given a shot of antibiotics at the office so not sure if that was levoflaxcin but I immediately starting feeling very anxious and irritated over EVERYTHING. I used to have bad anxiety years ago and 7 years later started experiencing it all out over again. Next day I took my first pill and about 4 hours later the top of my right foot was so tender to the touch I cried. My husband made a comment he could see the tendon protruding up my ankle...? Fast forward to that night and I who am normally sound asleep by 10 was wide awake until after 3. Needless to say I called and asked for a different prescription. No thank you."

L16 July 5, 2016

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "I was prescribed Levaquin for acute bacterial sinusitis after going to my GP for a congested nose, sinus pressure and bad headaches and fatigue which lasted 7 days. He said this should clear it right up...After reading all the warning I was hesitant with my pharmacist but they assured me it's a normal antibiotic, nothing too strong as since I'm allergic to penicilin it's a great alternative. The horror began immediately on day one, the skin on my left arm shoulder area began to burn so badly, and my arm started to get numb, even my pinky finger I couldn't move. I obviously freaked out and called the doc, he said I'm having an allergic reaction to it, not to worry it won't cause any nerve damage. Switched to Zithromax, much better & safer :("

Kareem Dubai June 26, 2016

For Pneumonia: "I've been taking Levaquin for 4 days. The Dr said I had a little pneumonia in my right lung, but my xray was clesr??? Anyhow, since she told me to take it I am, but I've been having horrible heart rythym problems to the point of calling the ambulance. My neck hurts, my knees hurt worse and my ankles hurt. It's like all of my bones and joints ache worse. My sternum. It's helping with the sinus infection and clearing that up, but the other side effects aren't worth it."

Muffin2sweet (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2016

For Bronchitis: "I had a terrible experience with this medicine... very toxic... gave me shortness and tightness in the chest.. i could not breath.. my husband took it the same time as i did.. his heart started racing he would break out in sweats all day and night... lots of joint pains.. this medicine is horrible do not take it.. i never had any problems.. before this ..... with my breathing chest pains any tightness or shortness of breath not ever.."

CarolCon June 13, 2016

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "This last Monday I was detected by my doctor that I have a acute Cystitis. My doctor prescribed me lavoprolaxicin Levaquin for 6 days.. My nightmare start in day 3 when I couldn't even get up from my bed.. I was sore all over my body.. I couldn't even walk.. Only I took 4 pills and I feel that my life changed to the worst for this medication.. I went to ER and they gave me fluids to at least clean a little bit my system.. I got a CT scan of my kidneys, and bladder, liver and all results were normal..If doctors know those side effects why are they still prescribing this medicine. it's poison!! I . I'm still panicked !!I have faith that everything will be normal again.. Today is my day 1without the medication.. I'm walking better."

Hany V. June 11, 2016

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "My mother is 84 and was given this drug for a mild UTI. After 2 doses, she became so confused she didn't know where she was or who I was. Her muscles were so weak she could not move or stand. She was paranoid and manic at times. Her potassium dropped very low. She was in the hospital 4 days. They immediately took her of it, gave her IV's and potassium. Tested her for stroke and dementia, which were negative. She is home and better but it took several weeks. Not a good drug, especially for elderly. She now takes D-Mannose 1000mg/day, 2000mg for any UTI symptoms."

Sueshine (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2016

For Prostatitis: "This drug is pure garbage. The good news: side effects are temporary and will fade away. Even if they continiue for a couple of weeks."

Brownnn June 3, 2016

For Bronchitis: "Symptoms I had: coughing fits producing green mucus, rapid heartbeat, temperature, muscle tightness/pain, wheezing, headache, shallow breathing, tight chest. I was prescribed 10 days of 500mg/day. The symptoms began to fade after 5-6 days. Side effects occurred after 6 days: extreme insomnia laying in bed for 7 hours straight with no sleep and only sleeping for 2-4 hours. (dizziness and confusion, but this may be from lack of sleep)"

Cal 2510 June 1, 2016

For Prostatitis: "It caused extreme fatigue.As you are going to pass out. Depression tendencies 5 day of my course.Totally screwed."

Vishal gurgaon (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2016

For Bronchitis: "Sick for three weeks with sinus / ear infection that spread to the lungs. I was first given a "z pack" which did not work. Got really sick and ended up getting fluids, Levaquin, and prednisone. By the third day I was feeling much better. I'm on the medication a week now, no problems other than a little jittery, but I believe the prednisone is contributing to this side effect."

Mike88888 May 28, 2016

For Pneumonia: "Took levofloxin for pneumonia and cleared up quick. Within 2 months my achilles was sore everyday. Made an appointment with a podiatrist for Nov 17th. Achilles snapped on Nov 14th. Surgery went well to repair shredded achilles. In cast for 3 months. Since sore after 3 months on my feet and working. I nurse it everyday. Avoid this drug, if possible. Not worth the side effects."

Contractor57 May 27, 2016