User Reviews for Levofloxacin

Also known as: Levaquin, Levaquin Leva-Pak

Learn more about Levofloxacin.

Streptococcal Infection 11 reviews 10 medications

Skin or Soft Tissue Infection 9 reviews 162 medications

3.7
Summary of Levofloxacin reviews 434 reviews 5.3

Reviews for Levofloxacin

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "This is horrible medicine. My arms are so sore can hardly move them I have never ached so bad."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Kidney Infections: "I was prescribed this for a kidney infection. I took one dose. With that dose I felt so sick to my stomach, had horrible anxiety, my face felt hot and I felt sweaty. My calves of my legs also felt sore. I stopped after that first dose because I felt so awful and read some pretty scary side effects! I went to a different Dr and he put me on doxy which is much safer."

Koober1 (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "Had severe sinus problems tried over the counter medicines didn't work diagnosed with bacterial acute sinusitis. Was given medication of levoflaxacin 500 mg . Am feeling better but lots of side effects. Stomach upset depression anxiety. Please do not take unless its the last medicine."

Atiqurrehman1979 (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: "Had to stop after three days due to Achilles tenderness. Achilles still sore three weeks after stopping drug."

Roostertail59 June 13, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchitis: "I was given this medication at 500mg for 5 days from an emergency doctor. This is day 6 and I am just now able to walk across the room without intense pain, nausea, dizziness. I am sore all over and weak, I have not be able to go outside due to the Sunlight. I have 2 more days before I can go out in sunlight. I did not know this the first day I took it. I went to the prescription shop and my skin felt like it was on fire and I was in the car. I have had night sweats, intense pain in my arms, shoulders , back, legs, and abdominal pain. Also check drug interactions before taking anything else. It is not recommended to use aspirin or other pain killers with this drug."

Feeling sore and weak (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Kidney Infections: "I took levoFLOXacin for ten days as the third antibiotic for a kidney infection. The first antibiotic cleared one bacteria and the 2nd and 3rd cleared up the 2nd bacteria. The only adverse reaction was to levoFLOXacin. About day 6, I woke during the night with pain in my right arm, from the upper arm to the top of my hand. I thought I'd slept on it wrong. But the pain continued, mostly in the upper arm until 2 days after I completed the regimen. Now, 2 weeks later, I continue to experience pain . If I carry anything the least bit heavy, the upper arm hurts. Yesterday I used it as little as possible but did use my right arm. I had some pain all the way to the top if my hand again. I had reaction to Cipro. I shouldn't have taken this drug."

Right arm (taken for less than 1 month) June 2, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "I had been on another antibiotic for 3 weeks. When I went in for a recheck, I still had pneumonia, so was put on Levaquin for 5 days. The first day I took it in the morning & it made me light headed, so I decided to take it @ night. It would cause me to wake up throughout the night. I would also have a burning sensation in my chest & get hot. I went back in for a checkup & the x-ray showed that some parts had improved, but some parts were worse. I was referred to a pulmonologist. I feel like it was too strong for my body."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 2, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchitis: "Took 500mg once a day for one week. I was very tired and a bit jittery, otherwise no issues. I'm finally over my bronchitis."

Cjr13 May 31, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Kidney Infections: "750 mg for 7 days home health and approx four days of hospitalization on levaquin. Drug is given once a day via IV. I am severely itchy at this point, not much is helping. Some temporary quick fixes with dr. Teals body oil. Last dose tomorrow, I feel weak, tired and have have the occasional muscle spasms accompiened by a nasty rash all over my legs, arms and stomach. It feels awful. I am ready to get off the meds tomorrow and hopefully the sleep insomnia will subside along with the muscle spasms."

Misses itch May 30, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchitis: "I took one 750 mg pill and four hours later I suddenly became extremely confused and started hallucinating. This was on a Friday night around 7:30pm; right now it's 11:30am Monday and I am still too confused to drive. Take this one at home (or a place you can get help) and not alone. I will never take a drug from this class again."

Emily-P May 22, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "This med has been effective but it has caused such bad joint stiffness that I can barely walk. My back, knees, ankles are in extreme pain. I also feel very dizzy and like I'm going to faint sometimes, really bad gas, and constipation. And, the fatigue is unreal. I can't seem to make anyone understand. I still feel sick now but in a different way. If I had not been so sick, I would not have taken this again. This has been my third levaquin experience. I just can't do it again."

SC Girl (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Do NOT take this medication at all costs!!! Ended up in the ER after 3 dosages. Doctor's can't tell what's going on wiht me. I'm going to see another doc this week to do more tests. I still feel very dizzy, weak, having heart palpitations, can't concentrate, anxious, depressed...I'm going crazy because of this stupid drug!!!!!!!!"

David S10000 May 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Otitis Media: "The first time I used it I ended up at a orthopedic surgeon's office thinking I somehow tore my rotator cuff and needed surgery, NOT thinking the antibiotics I had taken weeks prior to this horrible pain was a side effect. Fast forward, 10 months prescribed this antibiotic again and still have "tennis elbow pain" on the same arm I had the shoulder pain in. I linked this pain, IT WAS LEVOFLOXACIN!! It wasn't anything I did it was this awful drug that I took for 15 days. In 15 days this drug destroyed my arm! I have damaged fingernails, muscle pains, and I still cannot grasp and hang onto objects. My dominant arm has been ruined, all because I had 2 ear infections."

BShanyn (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pneumonia: "If not for this antibiotic my husband would have been dead several times over. Incidentally I'm a Registered nurse. I see where a number have people have attributed wild "side effects' to this drug. Many are confusing symptoms of their illness with side effects of the antibiotic. Just because you experience something unusual for you when your sick doesn't mean its the fault of the antibiotic. Being ill is an abnormal state for ones body yet some of these people seem to think that any effect of the illness they weren't expecting MUST BE attributable to something else and often they blame the treatment rather than the illness. If you've been prescribed Levaquin I urge you to take many of these 'reviews' with more than a grain of salt! An EXCELLENT drug!"

JanaGay1 May 14, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: "Wow!! Sicker than a dog yesterday. I had bronchitis and my Dr prescribed Levaquin. This morning already a marked improvement!! No side effects and on my way to feeling good as new!"

Wuzzwe May 6, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "Although the levaquin did help my pneumonia symptoms, the side effects were terrible! I discontinued after 6 days, but still have side effects 3 weeks later! Severe foot pain and muscle spasms and unusual bleeding and bruising along with thinning of the skin. I have purple blood spots all over and my skin will tear with the slightest nick. The pain was up one entire leg but started in my foot. My foot hurts 24 hours a day with a burning feeling that does not respond to massage therapy. Pain pills are only minimally effective. I would never take it again. Also causes insomnia."

Anonymous May 6, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "Age 63. I developed pneumonia from a respiratory infection passed on from my wife the school teacher. Once a day Levaquin knocked out the pneumonia in 5 days and an x-ray on day 7 my lungs were clear. On day 9 I developed tendonitis in my shoulder replacement that had been in place for 3 years. I was prescribed a high power NSAID by the orthopedic surgeon. After 3 weeks. I turned out fine."

PJI2000 (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "This is Michael's daughter Elyssa. I am his voice now since he was misdiagnosed with double pneumonia and given Levaquin. IT KILLED HIM. What more do you need to know? Don't take it. "

Michael Goldmam May 3, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "This drug is GARBAGE and should be taken off the Market. I was hospitalized with pneumonia. The doctor prescribed it for me when I was released from the hospital. It has destroyed my appetite as well as my stomach. I can't sleep. I am nauseous every day. I have 2 more doses to take. I decided not to take them. I can't tolerate all the side effects."

Conjos (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Kidney Infections: "After 4 doses of 500 mg I got terrible headache and ended up 2 1/2 days in hospital. Every bad side effect I have now. I am 69 and should never have gotten this drug. The PERMANENT effects are quite bothersome! It endangered my life and the future looks not good"

Cyrno April 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: "I was put on this medicine for 10 days. It's HORRIBLE!!! On the 8th day I ended up passing out and waking up on my tile floor in a pile of blood!!!! I had broke all 5 of my front teeth and my nose!!! I was rushed to the dentist, oral surgeon and then the EMERGENCY ROOM!! THEY WANTED TO KEEP ME OVERNIGHT!!! This drug should be banned!!! Its terrible!!! "

kmcq (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchitis: "On March 23, 2017 went to urgent care and was diagnosed with bronchitis. Was prescribed levofloxacin. By the weekend by knees were so swollen I couldn't walk. I didn't read the warnings. It's now April 21 and my knees are still swollen and I'm shuffling around like my 90'year old mother. I did go to my primary care physician, who said I should never have been prescribed this medicine. The warnings state do not prescribe to those over 60 unless there is no other antibiotic and not to those over 60. I'm 65. I've had blood tests and X-rays. Blood work showed nothing abnormal and X-rays normal and my dr now wants me to see a rheumotolgist. I feel I should see an orthopedist. Please inform you family and friends to stay away this"

Carol in upstate New York (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: "Levaquin destroyed my life. It has no fewer than 3 black box warnings from the FDA. It destroy the mitochondrial sheath around my nerve endings. I went from an active weight lifter, hunter, golfer to a body racked with pain permanently damaged from Levaquin. A warning to all this drug was developed for anthrax. Drs use it basically the same a using an atom bomb to kill a mouse. It's a very very powerful drug that is way overused and will affect 3-5% of the population with permanent damage. Avoid at all costs unless it's the only alternative in a life threatening situation."

Felland Gus April 14, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection: "I have helycobacter pylori Have had triple therapy 5 times none worked am allergic to penicillin! Had culture biopsy done and was told to take levofloxacin 500mg twice daily for 7 days on third day I had pain in achilies heel both sides and they felt lumpy ! My knee was sore and stiff I had stiff and sore fingers and elbows I telephoned the pharmacy and they said to finish the course I would have stopped them straight away but this is the only chance I have of curing this germ !! I hope the pain do go away"

Shirley. April 13, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "PLEASE DON'T TAKE LEVAQUIN or any other fluoroquinolone. It can destroy all of the tendons in your body and cause severe organ damage. It has basically disabled me. There are AT LEAST tens of 1,000s of people harmed by this drug. The FDA put out a black box warning against this drug in July 2016. Please read it!"

JT622 (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2017