User Reviews for Levofloxacin

Also known as: Levaquin, Levaquin Leva-Pak

Learn more about Levofloxacin.

Kidney Infections 12 reviews 94 medications

Skin or Soft Tissue Infection 8 reviews 162 medications

3.9
Summary of Levofloxacin reviews 405 reviews 5.5

Reviews for Levofloxacin

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: "I am taking this for bronchitis, works great with only one side effect not mentioned, my hair falls out. It comes back after a few months but my thick hair gets very thin"

Sand451 March 28, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pneumonia: "I came back from Roatan with acute pneumonia and bronchitis. I was prescribed 500mg for 7 days. I am on my 3rd day and no problems, coughing went away, my lungs feel so much better. I have had no side effects so far. So I have to rate it a 9 we'll see how the other few days go. But instead of taking it at nite I take it at 10 am every morning and absolutely no exercise and sleep well at nite. Sorry to read that others are having problems but mine is more lungs than sinuses.."

Sea... March 26, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: "I was given Levaquin and it all most killed me. The doctor had me on it for 10 days , I thought I was dying the doctor did nothing , my pharmacist talk to me and told me I was having side effects. I stop taking it - it took a week before I thought I was still going to live. Now my muscles ache all the time. My neck hurts can not lay flat on my back. And other things to. Please do not take it."

Mable murphy March 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pneumonia: "It helped exactly after first pill... I think that it treated my pneumonia very well even though I was abroad. I think that every antibiotics have side effects, but results it is definitely worth it :)"

Catherine12566 March 13, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "Do not take Levofloxacin, do not take any chances!! In September 2016, I was seen by an urgent care doctor for a sinus infection. I get this type of sinus infection about twice a year. I explained to the doctor that amoxicillan always worked well and I did not have any side effects. She insisted that the levofloxacin would work much faster, so with reservation, I agreed to take it. Within 2 days I could not bend my ankle forward or backward and was only able to walk by sliding feet across the floor. It slowly went away after about 2 months. To this day I still have aching in the back of ankle and ankle is swollen. I am 62 and take prednisone, I don't know why this Dr would prescribe this to me."

JDHRETIRED (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: "The first dose made me extremely dizzy. The second dose had me very dizzy, passing out, and not being able to breathe. After a trip to the emergency room, I've decided I'm not taking this ever again"

Thought I was dying (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "Must of been allergic, made me itch"

Onakl February 27, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection: "It took about 5 days to really start working, but then I really felt much better. For a few nights when I lay down I would cough , but that was because it was clearing up . I had been sick for almost 3 months with a sinus infection and other antibiotics did not help. I did have some sore tendons but not too bad. For sinus infections it's excellent. I took 500 milligrams for 10 days. 2/12/2017"

Well now (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "I was given Levofloxacin 500 mg for a sinus infection. I'm on my 4th day of taking this med and I have been having nausea, headache, body ache....not sure I want too continue as read all the side effects!"

Shamipr (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchitis: "This is the only antibiotic I have ever used in the treatment of a deep sinus infection and bronchitis that was effective. I have had to use it twice in my life and on both occasions, it slowly pulled me out of a very scary situation. Unlike other antibiotics, it does not upset my stomach."

Al in NWA January 30, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "I used this medicine for over 20 years for chronic sinusitis. The recent 3x I have taken it I broke out in hives all over my body that lasted for 2 hours. Has anyone else had a similar reaction? Not sure how after all these years I have an allergic reaction to something. Dr. gave me Sulfamethoxazole-TMP in lieu of Levoquin and I am scared out of my mind to take something new. I have a 11 year history of random allergies to food and medications."

Reese2016 January 25, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pneumonia: "I will never take this again! I tried writing my experience with it but there wasn't enough space. Took it for pneumonia, 3 times for 10 days at a time 760mg. I got a partial a Achilles tear, a most horrible taste in my mouth after I eat or ESP drink medicinal taste. Esp when I drink soft drinks but I can taste it for most except water. I developed a cough so bad that I was having extreme breathing problems worsening daily. . The pulmonology dr. I saw asked me my med. history. He told me Levoquin has a history of causing tendon tears and breathing problems."

Bon52 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 21, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "I was given levofloxacin for a sinus infection I had, had for three months. I had already taken zpaks, steroids, and augmentin. After the third day I did not sleep, and I take some pretty powerful medicine at bedtime. I went for three days before my body collapsed.When it did I wound up in the ER IN a massive muscle spasm. My entire body was locked up stiff as could be. I will never take this stuff again!"

Nannyjack8 (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "Had a sinus infection for over a month, but didn't know it, because it started out as pain in my teeth. Went to dentist on 2 seperate occassions within 2 weeks to have a check-up and x-rays. X-rays revealed nothing wrong with my teeth. Pain went to throat for 2 weeks and then my ear. All on left-side. Went to my PCP, who said my sinuses were almost completely closed. I did not have any pain around eyes/nose at this point. Put on Levaquin. The pain has gotten worse!! Has not helped me with my sinus infection. In fact, I'm on day 6, and not only do I have pain in my teeth, ears, and throat still, but now it's traveled throughout my entire head! The malaise I feel is horrible! Been mainly in bed for 5 days now! Horrible antibiotic!!"

BethAM23 January 11, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pneumonia: "I went to the doctors n was diagnosed with pneumonia. He prescribed Levofloxacin. The symptoms of the pneumonia decreased,but however I am experiencing excruciating pain in my right arm..in the joint under my elbow. I found this weird and googled this medication, and clearly found out that others experienced the same side effect,in which is not listed in the medications information packet."

JUSWANNAFEEL (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "Too expensive for fixed income patients. Classified as a tier 3 drug."

Storeyjwf January 10, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Am allergic to penicillin & more recently Keflex -a not uncommon occurrence in those with penicillin allergy. Prior to allergy, Keflex was slow to work & caused nausea whether taken mid meal or on an empty stomach. I've used Levaquin for stubborn sinus infections & more recently my first UTI. The first time I took it, I experienced muscle soreness. With each subsequent prescription the side effects have vanished & it's efficaciousness has not diminished .Of note for those who give up on it due to nausea & muscle aches: hydration helps reduce the symptoms. This med is not for those with certain heart issues or on some meds for mental health diagnosis."

Mimi01 January 10, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "I started taking this for sinuses, I really love this stuff, my wife does to because I stay stiff and she really loves that, other wise I have no complaint. Call my Dr. about the stiff and she called me in to see her, she couldn't believe it , she asked me if I was taking any kind of drug for my ( you know what I'm talking about ) stiffness and I told her no, she still didn't believe me and wanted to try it out to see if it was just as good as the other drugs for stiffness "

Roger candodger (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pneumonia: "I've been on this medication a couple of times and for whatever reason something has not quite felt right however the dosage I was taking was over and I went on my Merry Little way. However right before Christmas I was diagnosed was having bacterial pneumonia for the second time in less than a year. For whatever reason the doctor shows to put me on a very high dose with another antibiotic to go with it. It was almost immediately after being discharged from the hospital and going home with my prescription and taking it that I noticed several different changes about myself which included a loss of taste, appetite and sleep. By day 5 I figured they were normal side effects but day 6 my legs, feet, ankles and toes on both feet blew up with pain"

MKE Mikey (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 5, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION - EVER! Should be illegal. Went to the urgent care during the holidays w/chest congestion, cough, low grade fever, & sinus headache on Monday. Told the doctor I was starting a 8 day cruise on Thursday. She gave me a 10 day, 750 mg tablet of Levoquin. Had a dull ache in my right side after a couple of days on the cruise, which seemed to progress every day. When I got home, I was favoring my right shoulder. 2 nights ago the pain was so bad I couldn't move it & it was very swollen. Went to emergency and was diagnosed with Tendonitis caused by the Levoquinn. Read drug info & horrified that doctor prescribed it to me, 60 yr. old, without trying any other treatment first. So many warnings on this drug."

LuAnnF January 5, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "I got sick 2 days after Thanksgiving with a sinus infection and my Dr. Put me on Prednisone and azithromycin for chest congestion. I did not get well. I was then put on levofloxacin for 10 days I am on day 7, I quit today. I have a severe headache, earache, sore throat, swollen glands, sores on my tongue, my mouth feels like it was burned. Gums receded. My arm tendons are shooting pains, my legs are swollen. Ankles hurt. I think this medication should be outlawed. It is poison."

Tam01 (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pneumonia: "Used to take Z-pack for my Upper Respiratory problems. But have been changed to Levofloxacin, and it doesn't seem to be doing any good."

Gofuckyourswlf December 30, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchitis: "Have a terrible taste and smell making me sicker and feeling nauseous. Also muscle cramps. Making tinnitus worse."

Sandman 1955 (taken for less than 1 month) December 25, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: "I am only able to take levaquin or cipro due to allergies to other antibiotic's. I normally only had 500 mg. This time doctor gave me 750 mg for ten days and was added prednisone 20mg take three tab daily for four day. I was feeling bad on the higher dose of levaquin but needs to get better being asthmatic, I stopped after 7th day of antibiotic and stopped prednisone as well, pains burning inflammation was horrible confusion, rapid heart beat, shaky legs. Can't move left arm well from shoulder to fingers, weakness pain. Pain discomfort in joints muscles bones. My kidneys and abdominal discomfort on and off with that. My physician said could be higher dosage plus on October was on 500mg. Says it tendonitis."

trisha m December 15, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: "DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG! Point blank period it should be illegal! It gave me tendinitis only 4 after starting"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2016