User Reviews for Levofloxacin

Also known as: Levaquin

Levofloxacin has an average rating of 5.2 out of 10 from a total of 665 ratings on Drugs.com. 39% of those users who reviewed Levofloxacin reported a positive effect, while 44% reported a negative effect.

Streptococcal Infection   6.8
Epididymitis, Sexually Transmitted   1.0
Summary of Levofloxacin reviews 5.2 665 reviews

Reviews for Levofloxacin

Emma · Taken for less than 1 month March 5, 2021

For Otitis Media: “Not that long ago I had an ear infection in my right ear and the doctors prescribed me an antibiotic it didn’t work much and I got an ear infection on my left ear they then gave me this antibiotic and it was stronger than the past one, if you don’t know how painful ear infection are they feel like something is stabbing your ears with a knife, right now I’m recovering from it I still get sudden pains but it worked for the most part, this antibiotic is recommended for adults and I’m under the age of 18 so I’m pretty sure I had a major infection”

Hussein · Taken for less than 1 month March 1, 2021

For Otitis Media: “I couldn't sleep at night (insomnia) since I've started taking this drug for my middle ear infection, I feel restless. Also, my stomach hurts all day.”

CHRIS · Taken for less than 1 month January 22, 2021

For Bacterial Infection: “I was put on Levofloxin 500mg for 14 days. I had a headache and dizziness each day. On the 13th day, I blacked out on the kitchen floor hitting my head, shoulder, and hip, I wasn't hurt. On the 14th day, returning from the bathroom to the kitchen, I passed out again, falling over my walker and landing unconscious on the kitchen floor. My son-in-law found me in a pool of blood 15 minutes later and called an ambulance. I regained consciousness when the EMT'S were loading me on the gurney. In the E.R.., I received 6 stitches above my left eye and was told I had blood on my brain. I was hospitalized for 6 days.”

Topher · Taken for less than 1 month January 19, 2021

For Prostatitis: “Severe anxiety!! Been taking this levofloxacin for prostatitis at 500 mg for about 2 weeks. I switched to this from doxycycline 100 mg. It keeps symptoms to a minimum however not without a cost. At first everything was going well, then the anxiety came as well as the nausea from the gastritis (which I have never had ever). So basically I traded prostatitis for anxiety, gastritis and nausea. So read the label before taking!”

Beafraid January 15, 2021

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: “I only took one pill. Within minutes I had a reaction. One dose was enough to make my face red as a tomato, sore all over, and light hallucinations. Doctor said 95% have no problem. But, I notice in these reviews 41% were negative. It did clear up my infection though! Surprised it’s still on the market.”

jbw · Taken for less than 1 month December 18, 2020

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Prostatitis: “I also had Prostatitis. Changed to Levaquin after the Cipro wouldn't cure it. I also experienced severe tendonitis which my doctor never mentioned. I usually read the adverse affects labels before taking but I had non on the levaquin. About a week in on the medication I had to stop taking and moved on to another antibiotic. I continued to have side effects after discontinuance and still suffer from the tendonitis today. Having said that I had not been experiencing any problems with my tendons prior to taking this other then occasionally from over exertion. Now it is something I live with on a daily basis. Age 63 when taking in 2018. Now 12/18/2020.”

Sick · Taken for less than 1 month December 14, 2020

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: “I was given Levaquin for Sinus. I am now disabled with complete body wide nerve damage. This drug has been black boxed by the FDA. I was contacted by the FDA after filing a complaint. My records were used to complete the warning. Do not take this or any other Fluoroquinolone antibiotic. My life has been ruined.”

Queta · Taken for less than 1 month December 10, 2020

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: “10 years ago. No history of anxiety problems before. However after 2 days of Levaquin was rushed by ambulance to ER because I was having a huge anxiety episode. I felt like I wanted to jump out of my skin and just run and run! The ER Dr said Levaquin was too harsh a drug for my bronchitis symptoms and to Never take Levaquin again!!! It was considered as an accidental overdose! 10 yrs later I still have occasional anxiety episodes which I now take meds for! Worst med!”

Rob · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 4, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “Prescribed levofloxacin and had terrible side effects, tendonitis, swollen ankles, feet severe nerve pain. Avoid”

Neat November 22, 2020

For Bronchitis: “Horrible!!! Anxiety, dizziness, insomnia, I been off this drug about a week now and I'm still dealing with the side effects. Shaking, Trembling, I can't get even get out of bed and if I do its not for very long. STAY AWAY FROM THIS DRUG.”

Nea · Taken for less than 1 month November 16, 2020

For Pneumonia: “Do not take this drug levofloxacin!!!!!!! "Horrible" I will never take this drug again. I'm calling my doctor first thing in the morning. I was taking this for pneumonia. I feel weak I can't even attend to my kids needs. I can't wait for this drug to be out my system.”

Leah · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 31, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “Due to a sudden onset of extreme bacterial infection [discovered whilst the surgeon did a knee replacement], I was put on TAVANIC 750mg as well as Rimactane 300mg per day. It was decided upon these two meds after blood histology of the infection. I have taken both antibiotics for the past 3 months [my infection rate is normal the past month] but decided to stop today, although I need to go for another infection marker blood test the 12th Nov. 2020. I cannot have a life on these medications and it seems the Tavanic is really hard on my body - every dire side effect is known to me and my body! I cannot recognise the real me inside this old lady's body and brain!”

Anonymous October 23, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “I’m now past month 6 of recovery from Levofloxacin. I took 9 pills of that awful antibiotic for a suspicion of a bacterial infection. In the first two months, I got all the side effects on the menu: neuropathy (hands, legs and face feel like they are burning), tingling in my feet, constant headache and tingling in head, depression (crying and suicidal thoughts for most of the day), joint pain (specially my knees), bladder control issues, penile dysfunction (can’t ejaculate at all). I saw 10's of doctors during that period; neurologists, urologists, Infectious disease doctors, Rheumatologists .. etc. All offer nothing but sympathy and NSAIDs (which I never took). DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG levofloxacin .. IT WILL BE THE WORST DECISION IN YOUR LIFE”

Jake October 23, 2020

For Prostatitis: “Hi guys, I have taken this medicine levofloxacin 500mg for prostatitis, I got an immediate side effect of my both hands become numbness and tingling pain and burning in my knee, I will not recommend this medicine to anyone. I suffered a lot, for prostatitis I think the safest medicine is ciprofloxacin and try some homeopathy medicines, I am trying to find good homeopathy medicines”

Myknee October 23, 2020

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Chlamydia Infection: “This stuff sucks first night couldn’t get any sleep and had serious anxiety. Next day same anxiety and depression. Now my knee is starting to hurt worries about Tendonitis. Don’t take this unless you absolutely have to! Honestly re test for chlamydia before you take this stuff”

Cinluhu October 22, 2020

For Otitis Media: “I’m on Day 5 and so far, no side effects. Very seldom do I get side effects from drugs prescribed. I’ve had recurring ear infections for several months now in conjunction with drops it seems to be getting better. I did make an appointment with an ENT to get to the root of the issue. But I’ve not yet had an issue with this antibiotic.”

Gift October 20, 2020

For Urinary Tract Infection: “Been on levoquin infusion for 5 days it pretty much helped with abdominal pain and back pain tho not fully. I'm done with the dosage but I feel abdominal strain/pull ..hopefully everyone will be okay”

Daria · Taken for less than 1 month October 16, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “This stuff is bad news. I took it for 3 days 10 years ago after a minor surgery and I have never been the same since. I am convinced that it triggered my rheumatoid arthritis. I could hardly move for quite some time afterwards due to severe joint pain and stiffness. If I could rate it -1000/10 I would.”

Dee · Taken for less than 1 month September 24, 2020

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: “I'm a 62 year old female who had an MRI on left foot with diagnosis of cellulitis to leg and foot. Prescribed an antibiotic by foot doctor. Cellulitis still present after completion of antibiotic. He referred me to an Infectious Disease doctor. I have no open sores. This doctor prescribed Levofloxacin and Doxycycline. I did read the warning sheet on both and told my family and friends I refuse to take the Levofloxacin. They talked me into taking it. I took one dose at 750 mg. It gave me a terrible nightmare which I awoke with anxiety. I also could tell my blood sugar was very low. I started walking around and felt pain that went from mid calf down to heel on right foot. I stopped both meds. I now have a painful ankle with shooting pain in my inner foot. I'm going to go to ER to find out if there is tendon damage. I also need an another antibiotic to treat cellulitis. I should have never taken them. I suffer from Fibromyalgia. Seriously think twice.”

Sharon · Taken for less than 1 month September 23, 2020

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: “On levofloxacin for an ear infection, my heart beat so fast. I was scared to sleep. It also caused nightmares. 500mg for a week was rough. Use caution when taking this drug. It's no joke...I am exhausted from lack of sleep while taking this medication.”

Insomniaaa · Taken for less than 1 month September 22, 2020

For Kidney Infections: “I’m 20 and I took this antibiotic levofloxacin for a possible UTI. This drug is the worst. I’ve never experienced severe insomnia until I had this drug. Went days and nights without sleeping and I am THANKFUL I am done with it. There are other alternative drugs to take. (:”

Bre · Taken for less than 1 month September 18, 2020

For Otitis Media: “After taking levofloxacin the drug ,I started having sleepless nights, anxiety , depression and stomach aches .”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 9, 2020

For Urinary Tract Infection: “I want to give a positive feed back on this antibiotic . I never write reviews but I felt like it was necessary for people like me who google everything. Before taking levofloxacin antibiotic I did my research and looked up all the symptoms, side effects, and reviews. Unfortunately, they were all horrific! It took me a few days to get started on levofloxacin medication because I was so afraid of the dangerous side affects that we listed on the warning label. I called the doctor and the pharmacist regarding my concern and to ease my worries they told me I’ll be fine they prescribe it to children and young adults all the time .. there is really only one way to find out and THANKFULLY I had no side effect. ”

Shi August 24, 2020

For Urinary Tract Infection: “I was prescribe levofloxin for 7 days for UTI and after 3 days the pains went away. Now after 7days I still have the pains back again. I've been having a UTI that doesn't go away So am back to pains again”

Arthur · Taken for less than 1 month August 16, 2020

For Epididymitis, Sexually Transmitted: “After two doses levofloxacin immediately had terrible tendon pain in 4 places. Pain is still intense after 5 days. Hoping it will go away, but according to the inserts in the packaging of the medication it can be permanent. Issue is - I am a landscaper - - and I may need to take off work for a long time - no pay - and its because of this stupid drug.”