User Reviews for Levofloxacin

Skin or Soft Tissue Infection
3.5

Summary of Levofloxacin reviews 5.4 515 reviews

Reviews for Levofloxacin

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "My husband had the very beginning of pneumonia (doctor almost didn't recognize it on the xray). After taking 1 dose of Levaquin he started having seizures. He developed Torsades de Pointes which is a heart condition. Spent a week in the hospital and died 2 weeks later from an enlarged heart. He never had heart problems before this. He was 50 years old."

Michaela (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Prostatitis: "I took this Rx as prescribed by my doctor. 500 mg 1/daily. On the 4th day I developed severe tendinitis to the point that I couldn’t walk. I immediately notified my doctor and discontinued the Rx. Dr. then put me on Augmentin for my supposedly bacterial infection. Ugh! Side effects should be looked at closer."

Njanie (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I was admitted to the hospital for 4 days and treated for acute diverticulitis. While in the hospital I was treated with an IV antibiotic. Upon discharge I was prescribed LEVOFLOXACIN 750 mg./one per day. Within two days my complete muscular/tendons throughout my body were in the WORST PAIN EVER! Can’t walk, drive, hold onto a walker, lift my arms...any movement is severe pain. It’s been 10 days and still the same. Been taking an opiate for pain but no relief. There is no antidote! Tomorrow I will begin a muscle relaxer by itself and hopefully the pain will stop and I’ll have my life back. NEVER AGAIN!"

Pamela (taken for less than 1 month) September 17, 2018

For Pneumonia: "Got pneumonia, went to urgent Care for help, was prescribed this pill. It's day 5 I don't know if I'm feeling better I have chest tightness but I hear it's from chest mucus and no reason for heart problems because I'm only 18. I don't know how to tell if I'm better it's 3 am my lungs feel cold. I don't have pain or anything no real side effects as for vision loss I already wear glasses can't really comment on that but I don't have any sore joints or whatever and I've been sleeping well too, I'm just afraid that these pills won't help because I only have 2 more left of these 750 mg I was out on for 7 days. Some times I have a bit of small pain in my lung area which is why I doubt this pill, I'm just afraid of what's going to happen if this doesn't help. I still have a wet cough and my sinuses been clogged for like a week now and the syrup I've been talking which if finished couple days ago has not helped."

Kyo (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: "I took 1 pill of 500mg Levaquin for an epidydimitis, about 2 hours later I was experiencing a lot of side effects such as anxiety, fast heart rate, heart palpitations, muscle spasms, dizziness and insomnia. The next few days I experienced major tendon pain and muscle spasms/pain that I have never had before. Instead of Levaquin I was prescribed Bactrim..... hopefully this antibiotic does the trick without destroying my body in the process. It’s honestly a shot in the dark with all of the antibiotics on the market which is truly a disappointment and shame. You never know whether the side effects from the antibiotic might be worse than the actual disease/infection it’s intended to treat. Just shows how messed up America’s healthcare system really is... I hope you all never have to take an antibiotic again! I know there will be way better treatments within the next 10 years."

Pete (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2018

For Pneumonia: "This medication cleared my lungs of infection but the side effects, which I never seem to get from other medications, are still affecting me more than a month after taking it. My side effects include: (1) a headache that never goes away (2) severe ringing in my ears (3) blurred vision Going for a CAT scan now since all other tests have turned out normal as will probably the scan. Just hoping these side effects eventually go away."

bluedog (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2018

For Nongonococcal Urethritis: "Do all the side effects go away after you stop taking the antibiotic? or are they permanent?"

general September 5, 2018

For Streptococcal Infection: "It worked, but I had BAD gas! Anyone else?"

Gelfling (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "Taken levofloxacin 500g for a week for severe chlamydia infection. 2 months later I started feeling tingling pain on arms and legs. Later I started feeling numb on my left hand. The headache that does not go away bothers me the most. Luckily I do not feel severe pain as others do. The headache is annoying enough tho."

Kelly (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2018

For Sinusitis: "I took number 5 pill today of a course of 8 pills, for a sinus infection. And I am scared and done. The side effects are horrible. Nausea, dizziness, headache, jittery, insomnia, leg pains, heart palpitations, weakness, sensitive to heat. I can't even stand the hair touching my neck or the shirt near my neck. Absolutely horrible medication!!!!! Am hoping it all goes away now that I am stopping it!!!!"

Scared September 1, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Otitis Media: "8 years ago I Was prescribed levaquin for ear and sinus infection. Took first and only levaquin pill in evening. Next morning had violent diarrhea and vomiting. Got stool sample was brought to my primary care doctors office. Had already lost 11 lbs. was prescribed something for ulcers. I could not eat or drink, but continued to vomit and diarrhea of blood and tissue. Said I should continue the levaquin. I did not. Called My brother in law, a gastroenterologist across the country he advised I probably had c-diff. I had flagyl in house, he said start taking immediately. C-diff can kill in about 7 days. I started the flagyl. Stopped v & d. By Monday, day 4, my doctor called profusely apologized. Lab said I have c-diff. I will live with the c-dif damage and toxicity from that 1 pill for the rest of my life."

Ljw (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I had what was likely a Staph infection. My hand, began to swell up and the infected site appeared to be puss-filled, black, white, and red. Horrific. This antibiotic reduced swelling almost completely within the 5 day period it was prescribed. I had 0 side effects thank goodness. Maybe some slight grogginess but truly nothing to complain about."

Sean July 17, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: "Took Zpac for 5 days not feeling any better. Urgent care Dr prescribed Levaquin. I read the side effects and information on it before taking it, wasn't much concerned. However, after 3 days of taking it I began noticing my legs hurt at night, massive headache, nausea, sluggish head and weird dreams. So, I looked up reviews on it and found so many people with the same side effects! I'm stopping today!"

Tired (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "Have been on 500mg Levoquin for nine days of a 10 day dosage after being diagnosed with left lower lobe pneumonia. It came with three warnings: prolonged sunlight avoidance, no taking of med within 2 hrs of taking antacid, and DRINK PLENTY OF WATER WHILE TAKING THIS MED. Was also told by dr. to take a probiotic with med to prevent constipation. I complied with all , especially the water, drank about 64 ozs + daily. I only had one side effect and it was on first day, little jittery but it subsided after one day. I have an appointment with doctor in five days, feel SOOOO much better. Hoping x-ray will show clear of pneumonia."

Gracieb June 23, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I started taking this medicine a week ago. It was a ten day course. I took it for an upper respiratory infection that effected my lungs, throat, eyes, sinuses and my ears. I was afraid because of all the horror stories about this drug. But I had no side effects. Trouble is it just didn't work very well. On day 8 there is improvement for sure. But my ear is NOT getting any better. I can't taste, or smell, and I cannot hear well out of my right ear and it is full of pressure. Maybe it will work for you."

Lynn (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "This drug is poison. After 2 doses I developed severe tendon pain in my right pectoral area that lasted for days. This drug should be taken off the market."

Tlhaz (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2018

For Kidney Infections: "Only took for a couple of days. I had severe headaches, weakness all over my body, couldn’t sleep or eat, rapid heart beat.....got changed to ceftin which worked with no side effects."

Froggy June 6, 2018

For Pneumonia: "I was diagnosed with lower left lobe pneumonia on 5/3/18 which was complication of influenza since 4/26/18. This antibiotic I rate as my cure all with no side effects. I got 750 mg for 7 days. I began feeling better almost the next day from feeling deathly ill. Lung is now clear only some residual chest pain & lingering cough."

Bunny (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "I was given a 5 day course of 750mg tablets. While it was effective in treating the pneumonia, I did experience several of the side effects that others here have documented : nausea, loss of appetite, insomnia, lower back pain . Hopefully now that I have completed the course these effects will subside."

Charley (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I got a bacterial infection and took 500 Mg 1 a day for 7 days. I did not notice any specific side effects at the time. Then later I noticed when I picked up plastic bags, or touched the reusable grocery shopping bags I would develop red welts on my hands or arm where it touched. Then I noticed that when I drank lemonade or anything made with lemons, I would break out too. I was only allergic to penicillin before this, now I have to be careful what I touch and ask about what is in foods."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2018

For Otitis Media: "I skimmed over the reviews and found that most people had horror stories. I have had it prescribed twice, within a few months, for different reasons. This drug has helped my upper respiratory infection in January and ear infection this month. It did not leave me with any terrible side effect like being tired, having bad taste in mouth, getting an upset stomach or diarrhea, or too big to swallow. Wonderful drug. If there was only one thing to complain about it would be cost. Mine would have cost about $122 had it not been for insurance."

Karen (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I was scared to death prior to taking this medicine due to the reviews I read. I’ve been on this medicine for 5 days now and I’ve been drinking plenty of water and taking probiotics along with the antibiotic. I haven’t been able to eat much due to having no appetite and it gives me frequent headaches but other than that I haven’t had any other major issues."

Sickgirl2220 (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Taking levaquin was absolutely horrible for me. I took 750mg per day for ten days. I was prescribed it for a UTI and kidney infection and my symptoms not only got three times worse but I developed a pink rash on my face, and my bones and muscles felt horrible like I was being stabbed with ice picks everywhere. I also had zero appetite and a hard time swallowing when forcing myself to eat. I think it's safe to say I'm having those side effects. Hopefully you all have better luck with it!"

Dee (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "I have read all the bad reviews and I can honestly say this is a miracle drug. My only problem has been the inability to sleep....and believe me when you are sick with pneumonia you want to sleep. I end up probably taking too much melatonin and nighttime over the counter pills that helped with the sleep. I really wish I could take a much needed nap. The drug has made me feel so much better and very quickly!"

Debbie (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "Kept me out of the hospital for a bad pneumonia."

MarissaL (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...

Micromedex® Care Notes