User Reviews for Levofloxacin

Skin or Soft Tissue Infection
3.5

Summary of Levofloxacin reviews 5.4 545 reviews

Reviews for Levofloxacin

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: "I am finishing my last pill. I had seven 500 mg pills and obviously, this is number 7. I have bronchitis but since I tend to get that, it easily accelerates into pneumonia. I can't take anything besides Levaquin either. I am so sensitive to meds. Well, my advice is STAY IN BED and drink TONS and tons of water. Don't let the side effects (my tendons started acting up and DO put your feet up on a pillow for that...) worry you unless you have a particularly extreme reaction. Just "go with the flow". It makes me sleep = no insomnia! Get out the old movies, the western novels and keeps the lights LOW in your QUIET room. It's worth it. This drug has saved my life."

Puffbutton (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2019

For Chlamydia Infection: "I plead to you do not to take this medication unless it is your absolute final option! I'm 27 years old, after I took one 500mg pill within 3 hours all the joints in my hands started to feel like they were pulling apart, HORRIFYING! I couldn't walk normally and I felt like I was 100 years old. I stopped the medication and woke up to discover my vision was fading away into a blur intermittently sometimes in one eye sometimes the other like I wasn't wearing corrective lenses even though I was. I'll admit I prayed even though I'm not religious I was so sick from this medication and everything was so scary. My arms would fall asleep and get pins and needles, My ears would ring and ring. Finally after more than 2 months things are mostly the back to normal, others haven't been so lucky, don't take this unless you're dying."

Username888 (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2019

For Bronchitis: "I've been on and off different antibiotics for a month because of the flu. My right lung got infected, which I found out a few days ago after an x ray and Dr prescribed 750mg levofloxacin, once daily for 6 days + other meds for cough and runny nose. Now I'm on the third day and can't sleep. Half an hour ago I was so sleepy when I took it, but soon after that I couldn't breathe through my nose. I was afraid I would stop breathing, if I fell asleep. I won't continue taking this medicine! I didn't sleep for 2 nights and now I am staying awake for the third?"

34yo_female (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2019

For Sinusitis: "Bad sinus infection and cough so Dr gave me levofloxacin 750 mg for seven days. I was so sick and I just wanted to take it to get better. After reading the reviews of this medicine I have to say it scared me but so far I've had no reaction at all. Sinus infection is gone, cough is still there."

Babs (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2019

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "Have been fighting upper respiratory & sinus since the end of Jan. Even after 3 antibiotics, steroids etc I ended up with pneumonia. Dr at the ER gave me Levaquin & within 4 days I was beginning to feel like my old self. My only adverse reaction is nausea but you deal with the bad if the good outweighs the bad."

Bigsky (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2019

For Bronchitis: "I have sever COPD and was slowly getting tight. My Doc gave this to me along with Prednisone and I no longer have the deep down gurgles in my lungs when I blow out hard. This is the first time in 3 years I feel like my lungs are clear. My O2 sats are up to 95 which I have had 90 to 92 as normal. I think it worked great for me and I have had no side effects, I am a Male Nurse and I do not know any patient that has had the side effects described here."

David (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2019

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: "Levaquin is a miracle ... within 5-6 hours of taking just one dose , I feel 100% BETTER. I seem to get bronchitis at least once a year."

Sally (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2019

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: "I cannot take Cipro or Bactrim without terrible terrible headaches and other bad side affects. I get no negative affects from Leviquin 500's. Used for my hip replacement so requested this med for my bladder infection after trying Bactrim unsuccessfully."

Downtown (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2019

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "I've been on Levaquin before for an ear infection and have never had a problem. I am allergic to most antibiotics except for the tetracyclines and quinolones / fluoroquinolones. I've had a sinus infection for 2 1/2 weeks now and was on a round of doxycycline 100mg 2x/day for 10 days, which did absolutely nothing. Now I am on Levaquin 500mg 1x/day for 10 days. On day 5 and the only side effects are insomnia, slight abdominal pain and nausea. I will take that over the inability to breathe, post nasal drip and a cough any day because I know it's temporary. I usually run 3.5-4 miles/day and have no issues."

Kirann (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I had ongoing UTI from 2000-2015. Try different antibotics but after 2-3 months I would get another on. New dr had me try levofloxacin at 750mg for 14 days and problem completely went away. 4 years later I just got my first UTI since 2015. Went on levofloxacin 500 and cleared up in 7 hours. taken 500mg for 14 days. I have never had any side effects. This is my choice for UTI SINCE I TRIED EVERYTHING ELSE!!"

recurring male uti (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2019

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: "I have used even requested it for UTI and Upper Respiratory infections it has been my go to drugfrom my ENT doctor prescribed it before there was a generic. I have never suffered any side effects an have always gotten well. I use it once a year my usual yearly infection."

Tammy (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2019

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I was prescribed this for a 7 day course. 750mg, never had a UTI in my life, so I didn't really know what to expect. Day 1, was iffy. An hour after taking it, I did get slightly dizzy, rather tired. But the next day, I felt fine. Day 2 is where I'm at, and as far as the UTI? Gone. However, it may just be sinuses, but anytime I cough, I get a dull throb in my right temporal lobe, sometimes sharp. And I've noticed the end of my tongue is kind of numb, like if you sipped too much hot coffee at once. 27, I smoke, and so far this is the only things I'm experiencing. Sleep is a little difficult, even with OTC sleep meds, but overall, it seems to be manageable."

Smorg (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2019

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: "This! I have severe reactions, side effects and allergies to almost every antibiotic. I was given this a couple years ago for my frequent sinus infections and bronchitis and have used it ever since. Currently taking it for a UTI and I felt sooo much better after only 1 dose. Its been a lifesaver for me and I can't swallow pills so it comes in liquid too! I take low doses spread out and that seems to help with side effects along with drinking lots of water and following the eating rules (1 hour before food or 2 hours after food). Only taking 2.5ml once a day right now is doing the job!"

Elliebeth (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 25, 2019

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: "I took levaquin for bladder infection May of 2018, within 3 days I stopped it as had an achilles tendon rupture, very painful. I am in the health field and immediately recognized the achilles tendon rupture. I had an MRI and the rupture was confirmed and followed up with orthopedic specialty. The tendon continues to ache at night on occasion after 8 months. I do not recommend this drug for anyone and it should be taken off the market."

Char (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2019

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "Levaquin is the ONLY antibiotic that gets rid of my 4x/year sinus infections. I switched doctors in November, and came down with an infection just after making my first appointment. I agreed to try a different antibiotic—Cefuroxine— because I HAVE experienced tendon injury after taking Levaquin (I was sprinting a couple months later and not aware of the warnings). I “sort of” got over the November sinusitis and then came down with another in January. I honestly don't think the first one ever went away, leading to the second flare-up. I again agreed to try a different antibiotic, Doxycycline (I’m still babying those tendons from 3 years ago, so why not avoid the Levaquin, right?). Was on the Doxy 10 days, and, now, three days after finishing, I am no better. I’m calling my doc’s office and insisting on the Levaquin tomorrow. I just won’t be doing sprints."

Lizru January 22, 2019

For Otitis Media: "30 yrs old. I decided to wait before writing this, I took 1 pill 500 mg Dec 31 and within a few hours I felt it my joints were stiff, I was getting tingling and numbness all over my body. My tongue went kinda numb I couldn't swallow my saliva. I ended up in the emergency room. They told me to stop taking which I wasn't planning on taking anymore, its been 3 weeks and I still feel muscle spasm,numbness and the tingling, the occasional joint pain. I feel fortunate that is not as bad as it was the first few days when I could barely walk. Stay away from this medication I wished I would have followed my gut and everyone's advice. I hope with time I can return to my old self. You never know how your body will react to the medication, there a lot of other medications that although still have side effects, they do not stay with you like this horrible medication does. Its not worth it - it can change your life for a long time maybe even permanently. ASK FOR AN ALTERNATIVE."

Cachanilla (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2019

For Bronchitis: "I had bronchitis and lower respiratory tract infection. Levofloxacin is a strong drug that within one day cleared up congestion in my right lung and bronchitis. I took this after a course of azithromycin failed. Side effects I experienced could be attributed to infection (dizziness, fatigue, and soreness)."

Hofe (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2019

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "Took this med for seven days for pneumonia. Took it away with NO side effects! I would take it again if absolutely needed!"

Katy (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2019

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Hello I was diagnosed on Tuesday January 2, 2019 with a UTI. Never had anything like this before. I urinated on myself at least 4 times on my way to work. Two days before I was urinating every 16 minutes for two nights in a row before that. Severe pain in my lower back and cramps in my left kidney and stomach. I thought I was gonna die. I couldn't really stand or sit . I took the train to hospital and I was embarrassed cuz I soiled (wee) myself but I didn't care. I needed to know what was wrong. After seeing the doctor they prescribed me a 7 day (750 mg) pill called LEVOFLOXACIN. After taking a pill when I got home. I felt immediate relief in my back. I'm not at work for the next 7 days. I took my third tablet today. I do have constipation and I had stomach pain yesterday but I feel it's going to work. I'm still alive, worried because this has never happen to me. I'm 56 I'm healthy. I work out daily. I eat only fruits, veggies. Fish. Chicken. I pray for healing. You all deserve to feel better."

Smiley (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2019

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: "Nasty stuff, broke out with blisters all over my body."

Not nuts (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Streptococcal Infection: "This medication can cause weakening of tendons. At 43 I had a tear in my left Achilles. My right achilles tore and was repaired at age 49. The surgeon said my tendon was in VERY BAD shape. It didn't make it through the first repair because I fell and it totally ruptured. It took 18 months for full recovery. My recommendation is to STAY AWAY FEOM LEVAQUIN OR ANYTHING IN ITS FAMILY!!!!!"

Onlylvonce December 21, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Kidney Infections: "I was hospitalized for 3 days and given the IV antiobiotic Rocephin for a kidney infection. After being discharged, I was given a 4 day course of Levaquin, 750mg dosage. Side effects started within hours, first nerve pain (peripheral neuropathy) in soles of feet, then within a day extended up to my knees and from my fingertips to my shoulders. After the 3rd pill, muscle weakness appeared alongside the nerve pain. I was lucky that within 10 days of taking my last pill, all side effects were gone. I was told by my regular GP to never take the fluoroquinolone class of antibiotics again. This is a serious drug, and the nerve pain I experienced could have been permanent. I'd only recommend taking fluoroquinolones as a last resort. Read the FDA black box warnings and if your dr doesn't take them seriously, I'd find a new GP"

Marie (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2018

For Prostatitis: "DO NOT TRY THIS MEDICATION. I took 2x 500 mg pills and since then suffered acute muscle tendon and nervous system damage. Google “floxed” and you’ll see people have suffered for years with these symptoms. It only needs one pill. Do not try this under any circumstances."

James (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "This is my 4th antibiotic for a sinus infection. On day 5 and not feeling any different. Just wanted to give my experience ...I ate yogurt in the morning and afternoon and took a probiotic. I had none of the side effects but slight joint pain. Keep in mind everyone is different. Drink plenty of water. Blood test done yesterday and it shows I have a infection but no antibiotic touching it, This has been going on for 2 months. Have a CT scan on Monday."

Tuna (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I was prescribed 500mg Levaquin to be taken for 7 days for a UTI I developed while on a cruise. I was given this drug because I’m allergic to PCN and Cephalosporins. I read all the bad reviews but the discomfort from my UTI made me desperate for relief. About 6 hours after taking this drug I had severe pain in my lower legs. I contacted my physician at home and was told to discontinue the antibiotic immediately, that I was at serious risk of rupturing my Achilles’ tendon. I only took one pill. Unfortunately, I was on a European vacation that required a lot of walking. I am 27 years old and felt like I was 80, I could barely get around. Completely ruined my vacation. I was terrified I had permanently damaged my muscles or could injure myself and deal with a lifetime of pain. Luckily, the muscle pain went away after 4-5 days. It did take out my UTI, but I would NEVER take this again knowing the risks and side effects. There’s a reason it has a black box warning."

Heather November 11, 2018