User Reviews for Levofloxacin

Also known as: Levaquin, Levaquin Leva-Pak

Learn more about Levofloxacin.

Streptococcal Infection 11 reviews 10 medications

Skin or Soft Tissue Infection 9 reviews 162 medications

3.7
Summary of Levofloxacin reviews 425 reviews 5.3

Reviews for Levofloxacin

For Bronchitis: "I took one 750 mg pill and four hours later I suddenly became extremely confused and started hallucinating. This was on a Friday night around 7:30pm; right now it's 11:30am Monday and I am still too confused to drive. Take this one at home (or a place you can get help) and not alone. I will never take a drug from this class again."

Emily-P May 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "This med has been effective but it has caused such bad joint stiffness that I can barely walk. My back, knees, ankles are in extreme pain. I also feel very dizzy and like I'm going to faint sometimes, really bad gas, and constipation. And, the fatigue is unreal. I can't seem to make anyone understand. I still feel sick now but in a different way. If I had not been so sick, I would not have taken this again. This has been my third levaquin experience. I just can't do it again."

SC Girl (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Do NOT take this medication at all costs!!! Ended up in the ER after 3 dosages. Doctor's can't tell what's going on wiht me. I'm going to see another doc this week to do more tests. I still feel very dizzy, weak, having heart palpitations, can't concentrate, anxious, depressed...I'm going crazy because of this stupid drug!!!!!!!!"

David S10000 May 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Otitis Media: "The first time I used it I ended up at a orthopedic surgeon's office thinking I somehow tore my rotator cuff and needed surgery, NOT thinking the antibiotics I had taken weeks prior to this horrible pain was a side effect. Fast forward, 10 months prescribed this antibiotic again and still have "tennis elbow pain" on the same arm I had the shoulder pain in. I linked this pain, IT WAS LEVOFLOXACIN!! It wasn't anything I did it was this awful drug that I took for 15 days. In 15 days this drug destroyed my arm! I have damaged fingernails, muscle pains, and I still cannot grasp and hang onto objects. My dominant arm has been ruined, all because I had 2 ear infections."

BShanyn (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pneumonia: "If not for this antibiotic my husband would have been dead several times over. Incidentally I'm a Registered nurse. I see where a number have people have attributed wild "side effects' to this drug. Many are confusing symptoms of their illness with side effects of the antibiotic. Just because you experience something unusual for you when your sick doesn't mean its the fault of the antibiotic. Being ill is an abnormal state for ones body yet some of these people seem to think that any effect of the illness they weren't expecting MUST BE attributable to something else and often they blame the treatment rather than the illness. If you've been prescribed Levaquin I urge you to take many of these 'reviews' with more than a grain of salt! An EXCELLENT drug!"

JanaGay1 May 14, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: "Wow!! Sicker than a dog yesterday. I had bronchitis and my Dr prescribed Levaquin. This morning already a marked improvement!! No side effects and on my way to feeling good as new!"

Wuzzwe May 6, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "Although the levaquin did help my pneumonia symptoms, the side effects were terrible! I discontinued after 6 days, but still have side effects 3 weeks later! Severe foot pain and muscle spasms and unusual bleeding and bruising along with thinning of the skin. I have purple blood spots all over and my skin will tear with the slightest nick. The pain was up one entire leg but started in my foot. My foot hurts 24 hours a day with a burning feeling that does not respond to massage therapy. Pain pills are only minimally effective. I would never take it again. Also causes insomnia."

Anonymous May 6, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "Age 63. I developed pneumonia from a respiratory infection passed on from my wife the school teacher. Once a day Levaquin knocked out the pneumonia in 5 days and an x-ray on day 7 my lungs were clear. On day 9 I developed tendonitis in my shoulder replacement that had been in place for 3 years. I was prescribed a high power NSAID by the orthopedic surgeon. After 3 weeks. I turned out fine."

PJI2000 (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "This is Michael's daughter Elyssa. I am his voice now since he was misdiagnosed with double pneumonia and given Levaquin. IT KILLED HIM. What more do you need to know? Don't take it. "

Michael Goldmam May 3, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "This drug is GARBAGE and should be taken off the Market. I was hospitalized with pneumonia. The doctor prescribed it for me when I was released from the hospital. It has destroyed my appetite as well as my stomach. I can't sleep. I am nauseous every day. I have 2 more doses to take. I decided not to take them. I can't tolerate all the side effects."

Conjos (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Kidney Infections: "After 4 doses of 500 mg I got terrible headache and ended up 2 1/2 days in hospital. Every bad side effect I have now. I am 69 and should never have gotten this drug. The PERMANENT effects are quite bothersome! It endangered my life and the future looks not good"

Cyrno April 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: "I was put on this medicine for 10 days. It's HORRIBLE!!! On the 8th day I ended up passing out and waking up on my tile floor in a pile of blood!!!! I had broke all 5 of my front teeth and my nose!!! I was rushed to the dentist, oral surgeon and then the EMERGENCY ROOM!! THEY WANTED TO KEEP ME OVERNIGHT!!! This drug should be banned!!! Its terrible!!! "

kmcq (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchitis: "On March 23, 2017 went to urgent care and was diagnosed with bronchitis. Was prescribed levofloxacin. By the weekend by knees were so swollen I couldn't walk. I didn't read the warnings. It's now April 21 and my knees are still swollen and I'm shuffling around like my 90'year old mother. I did go to my primary care physician, who said I should never have been prescribed this medicine. The warnings state do not prescribe to those over 60 unless there is no other antibiotic and not to those over 60. I'm 65. I've had blood tests and X-rays. Blood work showed nothing abnormal and X-rays normal and my dr now wants me to see a rheumotolgist. I feel I should see an orthopedist. Please inform you family and friends to stay away this"

Carol in upstate New York (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: "Levaquin destroyed my life. It has no fewer than 3 black box warnings from the FDA. It destroy the mitochondrial sheath around my nerve endings. I went from an active weight lifter, hunter, golfer to a body racked with pain permanently damaged from Levaquin. A warning to all this drug was developed for anthrax. Drs use it basically the same a using an atom bomb to kill a mouse. It's a very very powerful drug that is way overused and will affect 3-5% of the population with permanent damage. Avoid at all costs unless it's the only alternative in a life threatening situation."

Felland Gus April 14, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection: "I have helycobacter pylori Have had triple therapy 5 times none worked am allergic to penicillin! Had culture biopsy done and was told to take levofloxacin 500mg twice daily for 7 days on third day I had pain in achilies heel both sides and they felt lumpy ! My knee was sore and stiff I had stiff and sore fingers and elbows I telephoned the pharmacy and they said to finish the course I would have stopped them straight away but this is the only chance I have of curing this germ !! I hope the pain do go away"

Shirley. April 13, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "PLEASE DON'T TAKE LEVAQUIN or any other fluoroquinolone. It can destroy all of the tendons in your body and cause severe organ damage. It has basically disabled me. There are AT LEAST tens of 1,000s of people harmed by this drug. The FDA put out a black box warning against this drug in July 2016. Please read it!"

JT622 (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I can't find the 0 for this crappy poison pill. I'm 3 years out and still suffer pains and other toxicity symptoms , do you research before taking this horrible pill , I talk a least with 2 new people everyday damage by this pill"

ricato April 9, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: "It attacked my joints and could not walk for weeks . It's been 4 months and I can't use my shoulders ."

Hurting lady April 5, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Streptococcal Infection: "750mg Apo-Levofloxacin x 7 days. Side effects: Palpitations (max 30 mins) Nausea upon eating (All day) Hallucinogenic dreams (Most nights) Severe infection, 90% of pustules had shed after the first 24 hours. Lymph swelling near the ears and back of neck were also gone. Major neck lymph swelling reduced over the 7 day course. May need to continue course for another 7 days. Signs of reinfection 2 days after the end of the course."

rxexpert April 1, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: "This has been a horror since I took this drug - which did nothing for the situation it was prescribed for. I became unable to walk, or grip anything, and basically became an invalid. I was writhing in severe pain every night from the small amount of shuffling I had to do to keep the shreds of my life going. I got no help from my doctor, who denied the entire thing (worried about a lawsuit probably). The medical/pharmaceutical industry keeps us in the dark - the side effects listed officially are rubbish. I also had complete fog brain, as if my mind had been replaced with gelatin, really terrifying. I also had, in the first year, random speeding heart, like I was going to have a heart attack. 4 yrs later I am still bad. DON'T TAKE THIS DRUG unless you have a life threatening infection"

RuinedLife (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: "I am taking this for bronchitis, works great with only one side effect not mentioned, my hair falls out. It comes back after a few months but my thick hair gets very thin"

Sand451 March 28, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pneumonia: "I came back from Roatan with acute pneumonia and bronchitis. I was prescribed 500mg for 7 days. I am on my 3rd day and no problems, coughing went away, my lungs feel so much better. I have had no side effects so far. So I have to rate it a 9 we'll see how the other few days go. But instead of taking it at nite I take it at 10 am every morning and absolutely no exercise and sleep well at nite. Sorry to read that others are having problems but mine is more lungs than sinuses.."

Sea... March 26, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: "I was given Levaquin and it all most killed me. The doctor had me on it for 10 days , I thought I was dying the doctor did nothing , my pharmacist talk to me and told me I was having side effects. I stop taking it - it took a week before I thought I was still going to live. Now my muscles ache all the time. My neck hurts can not lay flat on my back. And other things to. Please do not take it."

Mable murphy March 23, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pneumonia: "It helped exactly after first pill... I think that it treated my pneumonia very well even though I was abroad. I think that every antibiotics have side effects, but results it is definitely worth it :)"

Catherine12566 March 13, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "Do not take Levofloxacin, do not take any chances!! In September 2016, I was seen by an urgent care doctor for a sinus infection. I get this type of sinus infection about twice a year. I explained to the doctor that amoxicillan always worked well and I did not have any side effects. She insisted that the levofloxacin would work much faster, so with reservation, I agreed to take it. Within 2 days I could not bend my ankle forward or backward and was only able to walk by sliding feet across the floor. It slowly went away after about 2 months. To this day I still have aching in the back of ankle and ankle is swollen. I am 62 and take prednisone, I don't know why this Dr would prescribe this to me."

JDHRETIRED (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2017