User Reviews for Levofloxacin

Skin or Soft Tissue Infection
3.5

Summary of Levofloxacin reviews 5.5 505 reviews

Reviews for Levofloxacin

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Otitis Media: "8 years ago I Was prescribed levaquin for ear and sinus infection. Took first and only levaquin pill in evening. Next morning had violent diarrhea and vomiting. Got stool sample was brought to my primary care doctors office. Had already lost 11 lbs. was prescribed something for ulcers. I could not eat or drink, but continued to vomit and diarrhea of blood and tissue. Said I should continue the levaquin. I did not. Called My brother in law, a gastroenterologist across the country he advised I probably had c-diff. I had flagyl in house, he said start taking immediately. C-diff can kill in about 7 days. I started the flagyl. Stopped v & d. By Monday, day 4, my doctor called profusely apologized. Lab said I have c-diff. I will live with the c-dif damage and toxicity from that 1 pill for the rest of my life."

Ljw (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I had what was likely a Staph infection. My hand, began to swell up and the infected site appeared to be puss-filled, black, white, and red. Horrific. This antibiotic reduced swelling almost completely within the 5 day period it was prescribed. I had 0 side effects thank goodness. Maybe some slight grogginess but truly nothing to complain about."

Sean July 17, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: "Took Zpac for 5 days not feeling any better. Urgent care Dr prescribed Levaquin. I read the side effects and information on it before taking it, wasn't much concerned. However, after 3 days of taking it I began noticing my legs hurt at night, massive headache, nausea, sluggish head and weird dreams. So, I looked up reviews on it and found so many people with the same side effects! I'm stopping today!"

Tired (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "Have been on 500mg Levoquin for nine days of a 10 day dosage after being diagnosed with left lower lobe pneumonia. It came with three warnings: prolonged sunlight avoidance, no taking of med within 2 hrs of taking antacid, and DRINK PLENTY OF WATER WHILE TAKING THIS MED. Was also told by dr. to take a probiotic with med to prevent constipation. I complied with all , especially the water, drank about 64 ozs + daily. I only had one side effect and it was on first day, little jittery but it subsided after one day. I have an appointment with doctor in five days, feel SOOOO much better. Hoping x-ray will show clear of pneumonia."

Gracieb June 23, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I started taking this medicine a week ago. It was a ten day course. I took it for an upper respiratory infection that effected my lungs, throat, eyes, sinuses and my ears. I was afraid because of all the horror stories about this drug. But I had no side effects. Trouble is it just didn't work very well. On day 8 there is improvement for sure. But my ear is NOT getting any better. I can't taste, or smell, and I cannot hear well out of my right ear and it is full of pressure. Maybe it will work for you."

Lynn (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "This drug is poison. After 2 doses I developed severe tendon pain in my right pectoral area that lasted for days. This drug should be taken off the market."

Tlhaz (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2018

For Kidney Infections: "Only took for a couple of days. I had severe headaches, weakness all over my body, couldn’t sleep or eat, rapid heart beat.....got changed to ceftin which worked with no side effects."

Froggy June 6, 2018

For Pneumonia: "I was diagnosed with lower left lobe pneumonia on 5/3/18 which was complication of influenza since 4/26/18. This antibiotic I rate as my cure all with no side effects. I got 750 mg for 7 days. I began feeling better almost the next day from feeling deathly ill. Lung is now clear only some residual chest pain & lingering cough."

Bunny (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "I was given a 5 day course of 750mg tablets. While it was effective in treating the pneumonia, I did experience several of the side effects that others here have documented : nausea, loss of appetite, insomnia, lower back pain . Hopefully now that I have completed the course these effects will subside."

Charley (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I got a bacterial infection and took 500 Mg 1 a day for 7 days. I did not notice any specific side effects at the time. Then later I noticed when I picked up plastic bags, or touched the reusable grocery shopping bags I would develop red welts on my hands or arm where it touched. Then I noticed that when I drank lemonade or anything made with lemons, I would break out too. I was only allergic to penicillin before this, now I have to be careful what I touch and ask about what is in foods."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2018

For Otitis Media: "I skimmed over the reviews and found that most people had horror stories. I have had it prescribed twice, within a few months, for different reasons. This drug has helped my upper respiratory infection in January and ear infection this month. It did not leave me with any terrible side effect like being tired, having bad taste in mouth, getting an upset stomach or diarrhea, or too big to swallow. Wonderful drug. If there was only one thing to complain about it would be cost. Mine would have cost about $122 had it not been for insurance."

Karen (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I was scared to death prior to taking this medicine due to the reviews I read. I’ve been on this medicine for 5 days now and I’ve been drinking plenty of water and taking probiotics along with the antibiotic. I haven’t been able to eat much due to having no appetite and it gives me frequent headaches but other than that I haven’t had any other major issues."

Sickgirl2220 (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Taking levaquin was absolutely horrible for me. I took 750mg per day for ten days. I was prescribed it for a UTI and kidney infection and my symptoms not only got three times worse but I developed a pink rash on my face, and my bones and muscles felt horrible like I was being stabbed with ice picks everywhere. I also had zero appetite and a hard time swallowing when forcing myself to eat. I think it's safe to say I'm having those side effects. Hopefully you all have better luck with it!"

Dee (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "I have read all the bad reviews and I can honestly say this is a miracle drug. My only problem has been the inability to sleep....and believe me when you are sick with pneumonia you want to sleep. I end up probably taking too much melatonin and nighttime over the counter pills that helped with the sleep. I really wish I could take a much needed nap. The drug has made me feel so much better and very quickly!"

Debbie (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "Kept me out of the hospital for a bad pneumonia."

MarissaL (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "I rarely get a sinus infection. If I take Levaquin for 10 days, I am well. Most Dr.'s will not prescribe it. They give you weak antibiotics, that don't touch a sinus infection. My physician knows me well. I have never had a problem with it. Drink plenty of water and juice."

Coco (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "Fever went away after 4 days on med. Still coughing and congested after 7 days on antibiotic . Not feeling any better at all."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "I am 62 years old and chronically on warfarin the doctor prescribed Tavaloxx 750 in Feb 2018 together with other medication to cure my sinus infection. Sinuses was better at day 2 but since the second day and more seriously from day 3 it became very difficult and uncomfortable to walk properly, due to serious pains in first the one and then in both the Tendon Achilles. I started to read the pamphlet that came with the medicine - only because I was not aware of any incident that may have lead to this injuries - I was shocked & immediately stopped the medicine & informed my doctor that I have done so. Now on day 5 since I stopped the medicine, though I am not experiencing serious pains, I am really struggling getting, hot flushes & tingling in the lower leg areas & suffering to walk properly due to stiff Achilles tendons. Just hope & pray it will go better soon - will never use this product ever again - also warning others not to make the same mistake."

Danie (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2018

For Pneumonia: "I just started treatment , feeling better already after I thought I had a cold that lasted for 4 weeks and I was coughing day and night in spasms and exhausted . After 3 big bottles of cough syrup and cold meds this is big relief!!"

Memi F (taken for less than 1 month) February 21, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I have taken this medication twice for a UTI. The first time I had no side effects and it got rid of the UTI as well as a very mild sinus infection I didn't realize I had. The second time I went on it I only took one dose. About a half hour after taking the dose I was really jittery and hyper and hadn't consumed any caffeine but I didn't really think much of it. The restlessness got worse and at around 8 I started having olfactory hallucinations. I also started thinking my husband was plotting against me and I had insomnia. It was a miserable night. At around 1 in the morning it started to wear off and I realized I was having some sort if psychiatric side effect and then read that was a possible side effect. I stopped taking it and it completely wore off within a couple days. I called and left a message for the Dr and also sent a detailed email to her and she never followed up with me....oh well."

JLWdbry February 17, 2018

For Pneumonia: "I was prescribed by my doc to take Levofloxacin 750mg for 7 days, I got through 5 day's and I can't take anymore. It started almost after the first dose of insomnia and feeling amped up in my head & body. Another problem is the brain fog that I seem to be having, seems like my vision is acting up. I warn everybody out there stop taking this med if you experience any abnormal system while using this drug. While it may be great for some and I go for cat scan Thursday , today is Tuesday, Mardi Gras day here in New Orleans. I hope these side effects clear up soon because I drive for a living and do maintenance work and I don't think I can function the way I feel now. "DO NOT USE THIS MEDICATION IT IS TOXIC AT HIGH DOSES @ 750mg." I just hope my symptoms clear up so I can go back to work."

Ds1955 (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "I'm on my 5th and final day of the Levofloxacin 750. I've never had anxiety issues or insomnia in my life, but from the moment I started it began. What kept me going with this was I know I needed it to clear up my infection, from the 2nd day on my coughing and phlegm is at a bare minimum. So while it's working it's dealing with being amped up so to speak. The doc also has me on Prenisone 10mg x2 a day which just increases the feelings that I've dealt with. But for those of you out there I tried Benadryl 1 tab at night since the 3rd night and I was actually able to sleep these last couple of nights a little."

Delectriman (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2018

For Bronchitis: "Guys, I promised you to get back to you when the cure is over. After the 3rd day I had the following side effects: nausea, trouble sleeping, gonalgia and a strong chemical smell on my whole body. So I consulted with my doctor. We agreed that I stop taking this drug. I just went on with my cough syrup. My bronchitis seems to be over but I tell you I would never ever use this drug any more. I am happy that I am out of it without any long-term injury. You should know the proper dose for your age, for your weight and for your disease otherwise and perhaps even that case you are lost."

Agnes from Hungary (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2018

For Pneumonia: "I was diagnosed with pneumonia on 2/8/18 and given Levofloxacin 750 with 10mg of prednisone 2x daily. The first 3 day's I thought I was going to go out of my mind, constant insomnia (probably from the prednisone) with my head feeling crazy. Last night I took (1) Benadryl tablet to see if it would help, well believe it or not I eventually fell asleep for a couple of hours and got for awhile and fell back asleep for 2-3 more hours. I did wake up somewhat groggy and it took a couple hours to feel better. At least I got some sleep. If you are experiencing insomnia try the Benadryl it might help you. Made it easier to take this mornings dose. I hope everybody going through some of the same thing I'm battling good luck and if your gut tells you you can't take it anymore I think it's well understood why."

David from New Orleans February 11, 2018

For Bronchitis: "Guys, I am Hungarian, we have this drug cure in our country in 500 mg and 5 pills of dose under the name Savulin. I am now on the 3rd day. I get back to you again when the cure is over. Prescription is of vital importance. If you are over 60 years old PLEASE be very careful with this drug which can immediately be poisonous. I will be 56 this year. Now we have a flu epidemic. Many are sick and for long, cannot be better after more weeks. I tried everything apart from antibiotics and did NOT help. I felt the infection would kill me. The first pill already released my respiratory tracts. So for me 500 mg is already a big gun. I am 54 kg. The 2nd day was one more big step out of the infection. The 3rd day I felt that the drug has gone through all over my body, I even felt a smell on me from it. I had some nausea in the afternoon and woke up at night feeling my body smelling. But I feel my airways have released and I can breath through my nose really well now."

Agnes from Hungary February 11, 2018