User Reviews for Cephalexin

Also known as: Biocef, Keflex, Keftab, Panixine, Zartan

Learn more about Cephalexin.

Bone infection 1 reviews 64 medications

Pharyngitis 2 reviews 46 medications

4.5
Summary of Cephalexin reviews 169 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Cephalexin

For Bladder Infection: "I am 9 weeks and was prescribed Keflex. It has worked, however I have also had major diarrhea everyday. Other than that, no other side effects for me.."

Shenata123 September 9, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "well I had hair follicle first and I irritated it by putting cotton underneath bandages,ended up with nasty secondary bacterial infection(3 times in 2 years)though to be honest still have no idea if its hair follicle and getting secondary infection because of bandages.been to this pvt. male dermatologist in city. he said its hair follicle,saw my medical history and still prescribed this new to my body antibiotics for secondary bacterial infection I repeat it was not staph infection I am really not happy with him all above he was unusual anyway. well infection is fine but got HORRIBLE side effects I got rashes all over my body, difficulty in breathing. so went to G.P in Taringa she replaced the antibiotic with "E- M.." lets see hope 4 d best"

axel90 August 28, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "Got diagnosed with mastitis for the first time this week from a stubborn clogged duct and prescribed 500 mcg 4 pills a day. Luckily I caught it early and it only took two pills for the mastitis symptoms to go away. After 6 pills I started to get extremely light headed, dizzy, and disoriented so much so that I couldn't drive and had to have someone babysit because I was afraid I was going to pass out or worse! My doctor cut my dose down to two pills a day so hopefully that will help the side effects. I've never experienced such horrible side effects from any medicine! I don't know what was worse the side effects from this medicine or the mastitis! I'll never take this medicine again!"

Breastfeedingmomma (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "The drug did help with my infection in my mouth that I had gotten from a piercing, but the side effects are awful. I was told to take 4 a day for 10 days and I've had to expand the days because I cannot take 4 a day without wanting to pass out or throw up. I get so nauseous and am extremely tired from it. If you do take this pill make sure you eat A LOT."

namiwo August 23, 2016

Keflex (cephalexin) for Bacterial Infection: "I was required to take 4 Keflex before a dental procedure. I got diarrhea really bad and ended up in the emergency room getting fluids from being dehydrated."

Britalyssa06 (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2016

For Pharyngitis: "Was prescribed Keflex (cephalexin) as treatment for strep throat. Had always been given penicillin prior with no side effects. After 1 full day of dosing I noticed a recurring itch on chest. Chest was speckled with tiny red spots and looked as if I had gotten into insulation or something similar. Went to bed and awoke to a full on rash over entire body that resembled mumps, eczema, or chickenpox. Not pleasant at all to see, to say nothing of the unbearable itchiness. Did not experience any anaphylaxis or tongue swelling. Prescription was switched to penicillin that morning at doctor office and rash subsided in a few days. My children have been prescribed this recently and I have not handled dosing them for fear of contact with drug."

R Buffington (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Hi, It's a wonder drug. I had an infection on my acne and my cheek was swollen. The doctor prescribed me with cephalexin 500mg for four times a day for 7 days. It works very quickly. Within some hour, the deep purple inflammation completely subside. And the swelling has reduced drastically. I was amazed..... On top of it I got also Fucidin cream to apply on the effected area. Cephalexin works with wonder !"

Magic drug July 26, 2016

For Kidney Infections: "Had cephlaxen through IV and now on day 3 of ten days twice a day oral tablets. 500m for kidney infection I'm also pregnant. I usually react horribly to antibiotics, this one so far is not so bad all my symptoms relieved after second day, I do have headaches from this med and sensitivity to light. But so far so good. I recommend it but it gets a lower rating due to My headache :("

Emmie J (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "my Doctor as soon as I start to see the onset of one of these cyst and he goes ahead and prescribes me Cephalexin 500mg capsules. And they don't even form into what looks like a little bug bite. And again it's gone in under two days. Cause I'm not sure I could deal with another Mount St. Helena cyst like before. It disrupted everything I did. It made it hard to sleep, just sit there, putting tops on FOR SURE, walking, dancing, being goofy with my kids, and much much more. So for me Cephalexin is a miracle working drug. It's freed up a lot of my life from so much pain and allowed me to be the real me again! :). <3"

BME Momma of Three July 12, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "My Doctor prescribed me Cephexin and it has worked wonders. I'm so glad I'm not one of the ones that got those horrible a side effects. However, for those of you that did I'm so so sorry. That sounds like an extreme nightmare. I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. However I wish I would have have known about it before I got this huge stiff abcess cyst in my arm pit. ( in fact that seems to be the only place I get cysts is in my right arm pit. But this one I let get so bad I had to my Doc's right away but he's too hard to get into quickly, so I settled for the nurse practitioner. Let's go back just a bit, I mean this cyst was so big and hurt so bad I couldn't put arm down all the way without almost crying. So I got there and this is the antibiotic I got"

Bme Momma of Three (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2016

For Bacterial Endocarditis Prevention: "I'm on this for when I get my teeth cleaned at dentist to protect me from bacterial endocarditis. So far so good but I read the bad reviews and the good reviews. I had to bring it down to 8 because I do get nausea feeling after this and if I burp, there is a nasty smell from your mouth being open when burping. The main problem I have with this drug is, that it makes my stomach hurt, like I am going to throw up. They way I am diabetic and eat at night. I can't eat big meal each time I take it 3x a times. So I drink milk and it helps pretty good with the pain in the stomach. I am only on my second day. Still makes my stomach hurt. I will get some more milk after this review. I am allergic to PCN and they still gave me this. I looked it up on the internet that it is a substitute for PCN. I hope I am okay after I am done with using it."

utahman1971 (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2016

For Bladder Infection: "I have been on these antibiotics for 5 days now and so far so good in clearing the infection of cystitis. I am no longer in agony, however, i starting getting diarrhea straight away which has lasted so far the 5 days. Rumbling in my stomach and also then very bad wind and burping which smells very much like eggs. Not the best side effect for anyone around."

Smellyeggyfartypants June 24, 2016

For Bladder Infection: "I treated my UTI successfully during the pregnancy .I did not have side effects"

lena007 June 8, 2016

For Bladder Infection: "I took cephalexin 500 for ten days following a 5 day stay at my local hospital (with IV antibiotics) for a bladder infection. It did nothing for my infection. But I did get a few nasty side effects. Diarrhea, nightmares, and muscle pain. This medication did not work for me."

AliciaV May 12, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I had a fungal toenail infection, went to doctor, prescribed Cephalexin 500 mg cap 2 twice daily. As I have IBS, took it with food to not upset my stomach, 1st 2, no affect but when I took the next two thought I was going to die, I woke up at 2 am with severe stomach pain, nausea, dizzy, I was draped over the bathroom counter thought I was going to pass out, within 10 mins my hair was soaking wet & had perspiration running down my face and having diarrhea at the same time I live alone, 73 was considering calling 911. next 2 mornings I saw that my gums had been bleeding, not red but dark purplish black, as I have dentures, in was inside and between my teeth, found it can cause gum bleeding. Talked to pharmacy said to stop it. Never again."

Anonymous May 2, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I've been fighting Cellulitis in both legs for 2 years! After 2 hospital stays & several different Dr's my newest put me on 500 Mg 4X daily. After only 3 days my legs look & feel better than they have since I first got it! Also I've been taking 5 or 10 Mg of Oxy every 6 hours to ease the pain.I took 0 the last 24 hours! The only side effect is diarrhea which is a pleasure after being constantly constipated from the Oxy!"

Buffiteer April 30, 2016

For Kidney Infections: "Have been using CefALEXin for 2 days now due to a UTI which started on a monday, then got worse and spread to a kidney infection by tueday then had all the symptoms by tuesday night and started taking CefALEXin Wednesday afternoon, started working the next day, although i get random sever headaches, feel dizzy when standing, feel nauseous in the morning and with no appetite, but that will go once I've finished these antibiotics. I'd much father be feeling like this than how i felt with no treatment on the kidney infection :)"

LivLiving (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "Cephalexin might be one of the best antibiotics I have ever taken. I was prescribed 500mg 3x a day for 7 days for an infected lymph node (? The doc didn't really explain, but the lymph node in my groin was swollen to the size of a grape and SO painful I could barely walk. He said it was abcessed) By the 5th dose, almost all of the pain had subsided, swelling was down and I had ZERO side effects. Usually I am very sensitive to antibiotics so I was sure to take the pills on a full stomach. I also get nervous taking any type of medication because of the potential stomach upsets, as I am absolutely terrified of throwing up. But, currently on day 4 - No complaints what so ever. Very happy with how it is working so far :)"

Anon8765 April 18, 2016

For Bladder Infection: "I felt a UTI along with blood in my urine coming on right after I returned from vacation and contacted my doctor at 8am, he prescribed me Cephalexin 500mg 1 pill 3 times a day I started at 10am and by the end of the day the blood was gone and the pain substantially subsided. I'm still having the urination urges but I'm on the meds for 10 days total. I'm pretty confident it's gonna get the job done completely. I hate UTIs and don't get them frequently but if I get another I definitely would take Cephalexin again"

Dee Reyes (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "It was effective in handling the infection in my teeth but approximately 3 weeks after finishing the second course of it, I have developed the annoying vaginal itch and discharge. I am post menopausal and was pretty sure the cephalexin was the culprit."

Amarugia (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Don't know if it's going to work or not but I was loopy as hell taking. only took 2...the rest is going in the trash."

Woody1966$$ April 8, 2016

Keflex (cephalexin) for Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "With only 4 doses of 500 mg in 3 days instead of 3 a day, my symptoms got progressively worse. Blurred vision, dizziness, rash, leg pain and swelling, heat sensations in legs, muscle pain, back pain, swelling and pain in stomach, and extreme fatigue. Stopped taking and reported adverse reaction to pharmacy and will tell doctor. Very glad I did not take full dose. Use with caution if you are sensitive to meds."

60ish teacher March 26, 2016

Keflex (cephalexin) for Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Had a ingrown toenail infection. Was given 500mg keflex taken 4 times a day for 7 days. It is working and I have no pain in my toe. However... so far I've had diarrhea, stomach pain, extreme tiredness and weakness, dizzy spells, yellow skin, loss of appetite, nauseous, red scratchy eyes. So most of the usual stuff. The long and short of it is my toe will be healed as long as I can deal with the side effects for a few more days."

dav185 (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "Works on my absessed tooth but side effects are bad, nausea, fatigue, severe diarrhea and malaise."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I was injected with a shot called medrol and I have been in pain from the injection on the exact area where the nurse injected me.I've been in pain since November 2015.from the injection. I just recently tried Cephalexin and it has helped me so much.I believe the nurse who injected me damaged some of my skin tissues or hit a nerve when she injected me"

Sheen sheen March 14, 2016