User Reviews for Cephalexin

Pharyngitis
4.5

Summary of Cephalexin reviews 7.2 275 reviews

Reviews for Cephalexin

For Bladder Infection: "I am a kidney transplant patient. I came down with a bladder infection Dr gave me 500 mg cephalexin four times a day. First day on it I puked and pooped all night long. I was on it three days before Dr changed my prescription to amoxicillin. I have pooped so much these last seven days that my butt is really suffering. It's like having dry heaves from your butt! I cramp and poop every half hour and then only a teaspoon comes out-stinks like something died inside of my rectum. I would not recommend this drug to anyone."

Poopy dry heaves (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I got put on 500mg twice a day for my recurring strep throat. Other antibiotics have cleared it up within a day. I am on day 5 and still see white spots. My tonsils are the size of golf balls, I can't even eat or swallow without shooting pains. I am a college student and it sucks getting up from class having to run to the bathroom every 20 minutes. Also fatigue is understatement."

Brittney (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2018

For Bladder Infection: "This pill started out okay or so I thought I ended up feeling horribly nauseous and yes I was taking a probiotic, had a bad time drinking water couldn't eat I lived off ginger ale, mints, dry cereal. I managed to take this pill for 7 days heaven knows I don't know how I did it but I finally had had enough and I quit after 7 days. I will not be taking this pill again. I lost 8lbs because I couldn't eat food with out feeling sick,"

Viva (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2018

Keflex (cephalexin) for Bladder Infection: "I have constant battles with UTI’s so I’ve taken a lot of different antibiotics. Keflex is definitely a good one but for me I have to take 500 mg three times a day so I get some side effects, mostly tired, stomach cramps and dizzy. It’s not horrible though like some of the other ones I’ve taken. Before I had repeat infections I had the 500 mg twice a day dose and had very minor cramping from that dose. It’s my go to when I can take it. Drink lots of water with it too, it helps flush your system faster and get rid of the infection and it’s side effects quicker."

Amangi (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Was prescribed Cephalexin for an infection after a previous antibiotic didn’t work. The infection almost completely cleared up within 24 hours. Worked very well & would definitely recommend. Side effects: Sore stomach & dry/bloodshot eyes. Both went away after I finished the course of antibiotics."

theaustralianchicken (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2018

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "My husband developed infection at the surgical incision site following Radical Nephrectomy after diagnosis of Transitional Cell Carcinoma. Everything seemed fine til post op 11 days when staples removed & nurse commented wound still draining & put a bandage on after which is unusual. 2 days later, started having more pain, felt worse, less energy. 4 days after staples were removed said incision felt hot. Was red where it had been draining & hot to touch. Entire incision line hard & rigid which doctor shrugged off as hematoma we spent 4 hours in ER. No blood work. Given Keflex 4 times a day for 7 days. Had been taking it now for 3 1/2 days. Redness & hot area has spread, still no energy, no appetite & does not feel well. Going back to ER because should have been given a stronger antibiotic, especially after having surgery with chance of MRSA (Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus) which can’t be treated with first line antibiotics. Would not recommend this to anyone!!!"

UltraViolet September 11, 2018

For Kidney Infections: "I felt woozy for a couple of days. Then, I had stabbing pain in my side that radiated to my lower back. Doc diagnosed me with a kidney infection and put me on Cephalexin. Despite the meds, back pain and side ache felt horrible. I continued to take the meds despite feeling tremendously nauseous, even dry vomiting once, feverish, cold chills and no appetite. The thought of food made me retch. Kind of thought I could die. I drank lots of lemon infused water. After the 7th dose, 36 hours from the first pill, I was no longer in pain or nauseous. I had a migraine but the doc told me to avoid coffee and and once I had a cup of coffee the migraine went away, too. Four days later and I'm good as new but I'm going to continue taking the meds. I'm on 250mg 4x a day for 7 days. I suspect the medication is making my muscles tense and I am not sleeping well, just 5 hours a night. 4x a day is a hassle. I was tempted to take 500 mg 2x a day but I didn't want to risk a set back."

Miss McCahfee August 27, 2018

Keflex (cephalexin) for Bacterial Infection: "In my experience, the best antibiotic ever developed. Kills anything within a week. No nausea, sleepy ness, dizziness, anything."

Sambo (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I feel great after a couple days this UTI had me feeling bad but now I feel just like new!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Doctor prescribed 500 mg 4 times a day for a Septoplasty Surgery. I’m on day 6. All it has done for me is stop the bacterial infection from my sinus and make me feel extremely tired. Can’t wait to finish this medication and hope fatigue goes away."

Augie G (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2018

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I was prescribed Cephalexin by a doctor at a hospital I visited when my arm swelled up and the rash I had got very severe. I had been exposed to Poison Sumac three weeks prior and it just went nuts in that third week. When the swelling entered my hand, I knew I was in trouble. I was prescribed Prednisone which got rid of the swelling splendidly and Cephalexin to deal with the infection. The Cephalexin dosage was 4 per day for 7 days. It made me overly anxious, I had trouble sleeping, my stomach was little upset, and I ended up with vaginal discharge (really yucky), but it was so important to get rid of that infection, I took the entire prescription. My arm is in much better shape though not 100% yet. I am satisfied with the positive results."

Ginger (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2018

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Excellent medication for soft tissue infection. Prescribed 500 mg 4x daily for 7 days - noticeable improvement after 24 hours, significant improvement after 48 hours. I'm thrilled. On day one I did feel some stomach upset which easily subsided with a bit of food and rest."

Paul88 (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2018

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I was prescribed Cephalexin 500 mg 3X day for 10 days. From first day I had stomach pain, diarrhea, headache, anxiety, confusion and heart palpitations. At first I thought all of these issues were from being sick and lack of sleep. By day two I knew it was this medicine. I went down to two doses a day but by day 5 I had to stop taking it. Worst drug ever! The smell of the drug is a cross between a rotting dead animal and rotten eggs, never again will I touch this drug. Usually I read drug info before starting a drug but I was so sick I failed to do this first. Going forward I will not make this mistake. I experienced too many side effects from this drug."

Neveragaindoc (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2018

For Bladder Infection: "I get UTI’s quite regularly and this is my third time taking cephalexin (500mg - 3 x day). It always has helped get rid of the UTI. But I highly advise women taking it to also have a probiotic with it. I didn’t this time nor the first and both have left me with a yeast infection within the first 48hours or taking it. Apart from that no side effects- works really well"

Kel (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I was prescribed 250mg 4x per day for 10 days for a re-occurring what I thought was a yeast infection. But I haven’t read any other reviews where this had been prescribed for yeast infections. But then realised it was an antibiotic for bacterial infections so now realise they are treating me for a bacterial infection, which is apparently just as common as yeast infections and aren't sexually transmitted either "

Lady August 5, 2018

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I have chronic folliculitis that has left scars on my lower legs. Twice I was prescribed topical ointments by a dermatologist that did nothing. My primary doctor prescribed Keflex and the results were amazing. Now every time I have flare up from shaving during the summer months, I request Keflex. I do not experience any side effects. I try not to shave as often, use good and clean razors, but the Keflec has been what helps me the most."

Whoknew (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 29, 2018

For Bladder Infection: "I was prescribed Keflex 500mg 3x a day for 10 days. I will complete day 3 tonight when I take my last pill for the day. I did not notice an improvement in symptoms but didn’t think I was getting worse either until I went to pee and saw blood. Blood was not one of my symptoms to begin with. Called my doc and she’s calling in Bactrim. Hope Bactrim works better."

Jess04 (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2018

For Bladder Infection: "I was on cefalexin for 6 years, my stomach is bloated the size of a full term pregnant woman. I was never told I had to take probiotics. I have constipation and blister like spots on my arms. I contracted staphylococcus aureus in hospital in my right knee bone. I have been on as many as eight different tablets at a time. I now have septic arthritis. And through taking so many antibiotics I got thrush and bladder infections. I am gaining weight even although I need to make myself eat. I'm now taking pro Biotics I feel it’s to little to late. And still have to take antibiotics four times daily if my infection gets to bad."

Cazl July 13, 2018

For Bladder Infection: "I had to discontinue because what kind of sadist gives an already nauseous and vomiting person a stinky antibiotic?! It smells and tastes and the aftertaste are all reminding me of the time I found a dead rat in a pool of water in the garage. It is distinctly cadaverous. I do not have a bladder infection anymore, but the trauma of forcing myself to swallow something that smelled that terrible then vomit it back up I shall never recover from."

Naoko (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2018

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Started feeling better almost instantly. It does give me serious tunnel vision and I am not be able to focus as much on my surroundings. Hopefully keeps doing a great job!"

JoeFixit (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2018

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I was on 500mg four times a day for the week. It was great the first few days until I woke up because my stomach started burning. I had consistent diarrhea the whole day and the next. I also started feeling anxious to the point of a possible panic attack which I haven’t gotten in about 3 years. Needless to say yes it helped my infection however I would rather have it then go through that again. I had to leave work half way through my shift because of it so I tossed them in the garbage."

SMcT (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2018

For Bladder Infection: "So far I am currently taking 500mg 2 x a day. I was In the hospital yesterday for a severe Kidney Infection and UTI. I had Been on Cipro 2x a day for 11 days and found out I am now not able to take it anymore as it hadn't touched my infection. I was given a shot of Rocefin yesterday and started these today. So far I feel kind of weird and dizzy , indigestion started 15 min after but I can already tell I’m not hurting as bad when I pee! I’m going to do my best to finish this and hope it works as I am not able to take any other antibiotics :("

Renee (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I'd been fighting a terrible UTI for the last week. Tried several natural methods of D-Mannose, 90 billion CFUs of probiotics, AZO "maximum strength" pills, and too many glasses to count of 100% cranberry juice from trader joe's. Nothing helped my UTI. I finally broke down and called my doctor and was prescribed 500mg of Keflex to be taken every 12 hours for 7 days. Approximately 6 hours after taking my first dose I started to feel great relief from that excruciatingly wicked pain. I'm now on my second day and the relief is continuing to improve with no bad side effects. I'm also continuing my probiotics to prevent yeast infections associated with antibiotics. I can only say for myself that I am incredibly happy I made that phone call to my doc. He is a doctor that believes in natural, holistic healing, but in this case antibiotics were absolutely necessary and I'm so thankful it's working very well."

Nancy M. (taken for less than 1 month) May 27, 2018

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I GOT really bad cellulitis from sinus infection and it was spreading to my eye. Went in to see my Doctor and she gave me two choices, be on oral and it take longer or go to the ER and get an IV infusion that would stop it sooner. I went to the ER and they kept me THREE Days. I am a Nurse and have been around the medical science and they were rotating my antibiotic to cover AND heal. IF It is not getting better on oral.......call back don't mess around with a staph or strep infection. I FEEL BETTER THE CHOICE I MADE AND THIS WAS A MEDICATION THEY USED AMONG OTHERS."

babsie (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2018

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Ended up with an infected wound after foot surgery. Was leaking pus and blood from the incision site. Was put on 500mg 2x a day for 10 days. After the 3rd day I noticed no more pus, just blood draining. The pain decreased as well. No bad reaction as I usually get very nauseous from other antibiotics but not Keflex. I made sure to take the dose on time every day and had a small meal 10 minutes before each dose. 2 hours after each dose I took a double dose of probiotics and was also taking saccharomyces boulardii (another probiotic but it is a yeast and is not killed by antibiotic since it is not a bacteria). Did NOT experience any stomach pains, diarrhea, anxiety,l ight headiness like others. Also stopped drinking coffee and consuming sugar while on these antibiotics, bacteria thrives on sugar in the gut and the coffee makes your body acidic."

Alyssa (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2018