User Reviews for Cephalexin

Pharyngitis
4.5

Summary of Cephalexin reviews 7.3 263 reviews

Reviews for Cephalexin

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I was prescribed Cephalexin 500 mg 3X day for 10 days. From first day I had stomach pain, diarrhea, headache, anxiety, confusion and heart palpitations. At first I thought all of these issues were from being sick and lack of sleep. By day two I knew it was this medicine. I went down to two doses a day but by day 5 I had to stop taking it. Worst drug ever! The smell of the drug is a cross between a rotting dead animal and rotten eggs, never again will I touch this drug. Usually I read drug info before starting a drug but I was so sick I failed to do this first. Going forward I will not make this mistake. I experienced too many side effects from this drug."

Neveragaindoc (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2018

For Bladder Infection: "I get UTI’s quite regularly and this is my third time taking cephalexin (500mg - 3 x day). It always has helped get rid of the UTI. But I highly advise women taking it to also have a probiotic with it. I didn’t this time nor the first and both have left me with a yeast infection within the first 48hours or taking it. Apart from that no side effects- works really well"

Kel (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I was prescribed 250mg 4x per day for 10 days for a re-occurring what I thought was a yeast infection. But I haven’t read any other reviews where this had been prescribed for yeast infections. But then realised it was an antibiotic for bacterial infections so now realise they are treating me for a bacterial infection, which is apparently just as common as yeast infections and aren't sexually transmitted either "

Lady August 5, 2018

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I have chronic folliculitis that has left scars on my lower legs. Twice I was prescribed topical ointments by a dermatologist that did nothing. My primary doctor prescribed Keflex and the results were amazing. Now every time I have flare up from shaving during the summer months, I request Keflex. I do not experience any side effects. I try not to shave as often, use good and clean razors, but the Keflec has been what helps me the most."

Whoknew (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 29, 2018

For Bladder Infection: "I was prescribed Keflex 500mg 3x a day for 10 days. I will complete day 3 tonight when I take my last pill for the day. I did not notice an improvement in symptoms but didn’t think I was getting worse either until I went to pee and saw blood. Blood was not one of my symptoms to begin with. Called my doc and she’s calling in Bactrim. Hope Bactrim works better."

Jess04 (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2018

For Bladder Infection: "I was on cefalexin for 6 years, my stomach is bloated the size of a full term pregnant woman. I was never told I had to take probiotics. I have constipation and blister like spots on my arms. I contracted staphylococcus aureus in hospital in my right knee bone. I have been on as many as eight different tablets at a time. I now have septic arthritis. And through taking so many antibiotics I got thrush and bladder infections. I am gaining weight even although I need to make myself eat. I'm now taking pro Biotics I feel it’s to little to late. And still have to take antibiotics four times daily if my infection gets to bad."

Cazl July 13, 2018

For Bladder Infection: "I had to discontinue because what kind of sadist gives an already nauseous and vomiting person a stinky antibiotic?! It smells and tastes and the aftertaste are all reminding me of the time I found a dead rat in a pool of water in the garage. It is distinctly cadaverous. I do not have a bladder infection anymore, but the trauma of forcing myself to swallow something that smelled that terrible then vomit it back up I shall never recover from."

Naoko (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2018

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Started feeling better almost instantly. It does give me serious tunnel vision and I am not be able to focus as much on my surroundings. Hopefully keeps doing a great job!"

JoeFixit (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2018

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I was on 500mg four times a day for the week. It was great the first few days until I woke up because my stomach started burning. I had consistent diarrhea the whole day and the next. I also started feeling anxious to the point of a possible panic attack which I haven’t gotten in about 3 years. Needless to say yes it helped my infection however I would rather have it then go through that again. I had to leave work half way through my shift because of it so I tossed them in the garbage."

SMcT (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2018

For Bladder Infection: "So far I am currently taking 500mg 2 x a day. I was In the hospital yesterday for a severe Kidney Infection and UTI. I had Been on Cipro 2x a day for 11 days and found out I am now not able to take it anymore as it hadn't touched my infection. I was given a shot of Rocefin yesterday and started these today. So far I feel kind of weird and dizzy , indigestion started 15 min after but I can already tell I’m not hurting as bad when I pee! I’m going to do my best to finish this and hope it works as I am not able to take any other antibiotics :("

Renee (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I'd been fighting a terrible UTI for the last week. Tried several natural methods of D-Mannose, 90 billion CFUs of probiotics, AZO "maximum strength" pills, and too many glasses to count of 100% cranberry juice from trader joe's. Nothing helped my UTI. I finally broke down and called my doctor and was prescribed 500mg of Keflex to be taken every 12 hours for 7 days. Approximately 6 hours after taking my first dose I started to feel great relief from that excruciatingly wicked pain. I'm now on my second day and the relief is continuing to improve with no bad side effects. I'm also continuing my probiotics to prevent yeast infections associated with antibiotics. I can only say for myself that I am incredibly happy I made that phone call to my doc. He is a doctor that believes in natural, holistic healing, but in this case antibiotics were absolutely necessary and I'm so thankful it's working very well."

Nancy M. (taken for less than 1 month) May 27, 2018

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I GOT really bad cellulitis from sinus infection and it was spreading to my eye. Went in to see my Doctor and she gave me two choices, be on oral and it take longer or go to the ER and get an IV infusion that would stop it sooner. I went to the ER and they kept me THREE Days. I am a Nurse and have been around the medical science and they were rotating my antibiotic to cover AND heal. IF It is not getting better on oral.......call back don't mess around with a staph or strep infection. I FEEL BETTER THE CHOICE I MADE AND THIS WAS A MEDICATION THEY USED AMONG OTHERS."

babsie (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2018

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Ended up with an infected wound after foot surgery. Was leaking pus and blood from the incision site. Was put on 500mg 2x a day for 10 days. After the 3rd day I noticed no more pus, just blood draining. The pain decreased as well. No bad reaction as I usually get very nauseous from other antibiotics but not Keflex. I made sure to take the dose on time every day and had a small meal 10 minutes before each dose. 2 hours after each dose I took a double dose of probiotics and was also taking saccharomyces boulardii (another probiotic but it is a yeast and is not killed by antibiotic since it is not a bacteria). Did NOT experience any stomach pains, diarrhea, anxiety,l ight headiness like others. Also stopped drinking coffee and consuming sugar while on these antibiotics, bacteria thrives on sugar in the gut and the coffee makes your body acidic."

Alyssa (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2018

Keflex (cephalexin) for Bacterial Infection: "Hubby has a bad tooth, recently started hurting him extremely bad. Got hold of a dentist to get the tooth out. He prescribed keflex 250mg, for first 3-4 doses he was to take 2 x 3 doses then 1 cap x 3/day until finished. Within 1 dose, his tooth pain went away however on 2nd to 3rd dose the nausea, vomiting, horrible stomach pain that he describes as a horrid ball of disgusting nasty pain which he has to make himself puke which gives him short term relief. So if he is able to tolerate the rest of the duration of the script, this will be added to his list of allergy to meds."

Hubbyswife (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2018

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Prescribed cephalexin for a fingernail infection because I asked for an "easy on the stomach" antibiotic. 4 times a day for 7 days, what a nuisance. First few doses I took definitely made me nauseous, but now I am taking it with food and lots of water and I notice less nausea. I also feel my anxiety is worsened a bit and I keep getting hot flashes...not normal for me! Wonder if it's another side effect. But nonetheless, my infection started healing within 24 hours and it's doing it's job."

alwayssickwithsomething94 (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2018

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "I've been on this medicine for 7 days now. The first two days I would get hot flashes in the middle of the night. Sweating, drenched. That went away then I would get headaches and now my head feels all dizzy. I'm trying to stick it out since I only have 3 more days, but geeze. I also experienced palpitations and I'm on a medicine already that's suppose to control that."

Cassyroach91 (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2018

For Kidney Infections: "22 year old female, got diagnosed with UTI (first time), started keflex within 3 hours of the UTI symptoms starting. Right after taking the meds, I started getting chills (probably my body fighting off the infection) then a low grade fever. Terrible headaches. Nausea. Dry mouth. Some dizziness when getting up. Super fatigued. anxiety. Today is day 3 of taking 500mg 2x a day. Still hurts to urinate but not nearly as bad as day 1. Sometimes my headaches go away a couple hours after drinking the med. Might need to call the doc tomorrow to see if I can switch meds, because I’m not sure if I can put up with the 10 day prescribed treatment."

SoManySymptoms (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Effective for cellulitis. By far the worst antibiotics I’ve ever taken. Anxiety, dizziness, nausea, constipation , headache"

PP (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2018

For Kidney Infections: "I am allergic to penicillin, cipro, sulfas, and doxycycline. I had a UTI that spread to my kidney's and I was terrified because of all of my allergies! So far, on day 5, I have not had an allergic reaction. I am usually incredibly sensitive to antibiotics, but this one has been okay! It will take your body some time to get use to the medication. I had an awful headache the first two or three days but it got better. The joint pain and nausea improved as well. Eat yogurt and take Keflex with food, it helps A TON. Consume probiotics too."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2018

For Kidney Infections: "I started taking this antibiotic about 12 hours ago before bed. Thought the UTI symptoms subsided they were replaced with a spell of horrible side effects from the medication. I woke up every couple of hours to drink water because I felt dehydrated then I would quickly throw the water up. I had frequent sleep paralysis nightmares and was beginning to hallucinate, experience anxiety, and a sore throat. When I cough it gives me a splitting headache. The absolute delirium I feel mixed with the blurry vision I was experiencing, joint pain, and confusion on top of everything else absolutely freaked me out. So much so that I was even scared to lay down alone in my room, I walked very hunched back to my computer due to back pain and looked up the medication to find that many have experienced all of these symptoms as well. I am really agitated that I have to take this medication for 6 more days. I don't think I will finish it."

Rach (taken for less than 1 month) April 1, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I had a hair follicle infection on the top of my head and the bump from it being infected got to be the size of a ping-pong ball and so they put me on 500mg of Keflex 4 times a day. It took 4 days for the medicine to take effect and it totally wiped the infection away. At first I didn't think it was going to work I had pus and blood coming out that thing it was totally gross and this drug is a miracle drug if you think about a hundred years ago people would die from stuff like that"

Patrick (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I started this (500mg 2x a day) due to strep throat and also a finger/cuticle infection. The strep throat was 85% better within 24 hours, and now on day 3 the inflammation and infection in my finger is definitely and noticeably going away. In addition, I feel great! So much energy! I’m so grateful because the strep really wiped me out before I got this medicine started. I feel so good now I wish I felt this energetic all the time! Lol I guess my body does well on antibiotics. Take good care and I hope you feel better soon too "

MZ (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Not sure how I got folliculitis but I’ve been on this same medication as you all for 2 solid days now. Seems to be helping but I experienced the worse headache I have had in years today. The infection is in my hair on my head and made my lymph nodes inflamed. I ordered CLn shampoo to try and speed the process up because I’ve read so much material on this issue. But nonetheless I pray this medicine works like it has for some of you. I can deal with the headaches for short term if I get rid of this disgusting infection on my head. I will be back in a few days to give an update on both how the medicine is doing as well as the CLn shampoo"

Chris G (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2018

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I went on Cephalexin for the beginning of a staph infection caused by an ingrown hair on my bikini line- I'm currently on day 5 of my 7 day treatment and my infection is fully healed. Pleasant experience overall- no side effects besides headaches the first 2 days but minor; pain relievers not needed. However, I didn't consume alcohol or caffeine for the entirety of the treatment as I was advised that Cephalexin enhances side effects caused by alcohol and coffee such as drowsiness, dizziness, upset stomach, ect. I had a Chai drink containing a very little amount of caffeine- I got dizzy and very anxious within the hour of drinking it; never happened to me before despite countless times having the drink so I related it to the drug, further exemplifying how much the medication enhances both physiological and neurological effects of substances such as caffeine. I recommend this medication, but use with caution- no caffeine or alcohol."

Brooke March 6, 2018

Keflex (cephalexin) for Bladder Infection: "I have been going back and forth battling a UTI for about a year. I take D-Mannose, which usually knocks it out in a day or so but the D-Mannose has been giving me weird pains in my carotids... Anyway, I decided to go get a script after waking up with severe bladder pain a few days ago. About six hours after the first dose, the pain subsided. This medication will make you nauseated if you don't take it with at least 6oz of water and a snack. No negative side effects yet! Love keflex!"

Jessi (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2018