User Reviews for Cephalexin

4.5

Summary of Cephalexin reviews 7.1 315 reviews

Reviews for Cephalexin

Tess · Taken for less than 1 month July 8, 2019

Keflex (cephalexin) for Acne: "I started taking this medication initially for an infection from a bug bite. After three days of being on the medication I noticed all of my skin is clear and appears to be glowing and my pores have shrunk so much . I’m in my early 30s and still suffer from acne occasionally mostly hormonal acne and this is amazing I don’t want to get off of it now. I was on doxycycline for months in my early 20s which also had similar effect. The only side effects from this medication initially was a headache and diarrhea but that went away after one day and I’m staying on probiotics to help regulate ."

Abby · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2019

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Horrible medicine. My doctor prescribed me cephalexin for an infected boil that I burst & got infected. I was told to take 4 tabs 500 mg daily for 7 days I'm a lupus patient already taking plaquenil 400 mg daily. Anyways I went after 7 days the infection wasn't healed yet so my doctor told me to continue for 10 more day but when I started to continue I got a horrible rash all over my arms & neck, along with this I got continuous headaches so I stopped the medication. But the rash is still there & I'm getting blisters on my body. Thinking to go in an emergency."

Cleodog · Taken for less than 1 month June 23, 2019

For Bladder Infection: "Got a UTI. Dr gave me macrobid at first and I was so dizzy and nauseas that I couldnt work., after he called in cephalexin I immediately felt better, infact the first two days I felt great. The next 5 days I was tired, but that has been the only side effect. This is my last day of it. I do think I got a yeast infection, despite taking some probiotics, though I forgot on 2 days. I used monistat last night, just incase. I usually have such horrid symptoms with any antibiotics that I'm glad this one didn't give me bad side effects... I'll Def request it again if needed. In the meanwhile I'll go back to d-mannose, which does an amazing job at preventing UTI's."

Glendo June 21, 2019

Keflex (cephalexin) for Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I was prescribed Keflex and within 5 hours of taking the first dose I developed and intense case of hives covering my upper chest and arms from elbow to elbow! The pain was intense. They took me off the Keflex and I got better, however, I still have issues with hives from even small scratches. Horrible drug... :("

Anonymous June 14, 2019

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Have bursitis on left elbow didn't know if was infected or not so they have me keflex twice a day only side effect I had was it tore my belly up"

Rob · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 13, 2019

For Bone infection: "I've been on Cephalexin for 5 months for a bone infection, and I have another month to go. I had a hip replacement, which became severely infected about a month later. The side effects of this are horrible. I get dry heaves at least 3 times per day, usually in an hour of taking it. Sour stomach is also another huge side effect. Extreme fatigue is another one. Being on this medicine has destroyed my sleep cycle. I wake up at 2-3 AM as I feel like I have to throw up, or my stomach just hurts. I started with intravenous injections through a PICC line for antibiotics, then it was changed to this green, nasty pill. Because of the sickness, that it creates, I have missed almost 6 months of work. I try to get up in the morning, get ready for work, and end up dry heaving into the toilet. 4 months into the use of this antibiotic, my hair is starting to fall out as well. This is a nasty medicine, but I do understand why it is needed. I really do not want my hip hardware removed."

Lynn June 8, 2019

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Cephalexin got rid of infection but I had horrible side effects. I took it for 4 days, at a dose of 500mg, 4 times a day. I had horrible headaches, diarrhea, major depression, eyes dry and blood shot, nausea, very tired, didn't have motivation to do anything. Anxiety, joints were on fire! Stopped a day ago and still feel awful! Won't take again because of side effects."

Jean · Taken for less than 1 month May 28, 2019

Keflex (cephalexin) for Bladder Infection: "Took 500mg dose of Keflex twice a day for one week - I had a UTI. Side effects were diarrhea, headaches, felt depressed, upset stomach & nausea. Now I’m having pelvic cramping. Just hope the UTI is gone after taking this strong antibiotic."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 24, 2019

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I obtained cephalexin when I contracted folliculitis. In my moment of need, the drug actually had a negative effect on my condition."

Pat · Taken for less than 1 month May 21, 2019

For Bladder Infection: "Went to the doc today for UTI infection I have had several over my lifetime and know what works best for me and that is Bactrim when I am prescribed bactrim after taking the first pill within an hour I feel 100% but this time the doc prescribes Keflex 500mg three times a day. I've been given Cipro before and it doesn't work. I'm hoping Keflex works BUT I can guarantee I will have to ask him for Bactrim. That is the BEST antibiotic no side effects. Amoxicillin does not work for my urinary tract infections, just saying."

Fighter · Taken for less than 1 month May 9, 2019

Keflex (cephalexin) for Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Been on Keflex for a week now for folliculitis, 2 pills (500 mgs each) for a week (Finished the whole bottle) and my Folliculitis is still the same. No really side effects for me. I’ve had Folliculitis for a month now and nothing seems to help."

Nevaeh-11 · Taken for less than 1 month May 8, 2019

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I have this lump on my left side of my neck just above my collar bone (infected lymph node) and they gave me Keflex to take 4 times a day and it is supposed to help the swelling go down, but it has a little but not a lot I am my 4th day in and I have had nightmares for 2 of those days and no other side affects."

boots · Taken for less than 1 month May 7, 2019

For Bacterial Infection: "Had a hip replacement and my ortho doctor suggested I take cephalexin 500mg (4 tablets prior to work needing to be done) to prevent the possibility of infection that would be settle in the hip...taken the med anytime I've had any procedure that would be invasive, so far no side effects..."

Troubles · Taken for less than 1 month May 3, 2019

For Bacterial Infection: "I was treated for number of bumps (infected) in vaginal area. I also have untreated diabetes may be why she gave me a powerful antibiotic. I'm also scared to have good bacteria taken away but the pain was unbearable; I couldn't walk or sit. After one dose before bed and I have fallen into a deep sleep after each pill...Still awake after dose 4 though. I feel so much better. I haven't had other side effects. It still burns when I pee - I pour water down there at same time, seems to work. Sounds like less side effects for UTI patients than other infections. I also boiled hot water with garlic (all natural vegan) and drank like soup before going to the dr and also placed in warm compress to treat it naturally....worked. (garlic is supposed to be a cure all for yeast infections) So now I'm just waiting to see if the bumps clear up by the end of these pills. I can walk comfortably now."

Sade · Taken for less than 1 month April 30, 2019

For Kidney Infections: "I’m on day two of this med for kidney infection and the experience has been awful, dizziness, joint pain and dry mouth constant dry mouth...."

Meekie · Taken for less than 1 month April 26, 2019

For Bladder Infection: "Cephalexin works great for me every time I get a bladder infection! I'm sensitive to antibiotics, but this one never fails to get rid of the infection without any side effect! Every body is different, but for me it works great."

Fan · Taken for less than 1 month April 26, 2019

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I just started this medication for a cyst on my chest. I'm also HIV positive (not AIDS). My stomach feel so tight and knotted. I'm not able to eat, my throat feels like I'm getting strep or something. I'm going to give it until the 3rd day before I call my doctor and ask for another antibiotic. I'm taking 500mg 3x a day for 30 days."

Angel · Taken for less than 1 month April 22, 2019

For Kidney Infections: "I was recently prescribed cefalexin 500mg for a kidney infection and 3 days into taking it the skin on my face has gone extremely dry and my eyes are really puffy and swollen. Though they have cured the Infection I'd feel very apprehensive about taking it again."

Bea · Taken for less than 1 month April 18, 2019

For Bacterial Infection: "I started this cephalexin antibiotic to prevent infection after having a tummy tuck. After three days I developed dizziness/vertigo, slight confusion and being tired. It felt almost like I slept in too much all the time, kind of foggy. At first I hashed it up to the major surgery I just had but after awhile I started to panic. I called the surgeon’s office and they recommended that I come off of the pain meds I had been given. It’s been days without pain meds but I’m still feeling really out of it and dizzy. I found that this could be a symptom of this antibiotic. I took my last one today so I will be back to update everyone on whether it goes away or not. I really hope it does."

Kea April 14, 2019

For Kidney Infections: "Was put on cephalexin for a UTI 500mg twice a day for 7 days have just finished it after a horrendous experience. Very bad indigestion, anxiety, diarrhoea first day then constipated. Fatigue and headache. Shakes with hot and cold periods. After a day of finishing the diarrhea has returned will never take this medication again."

Addy · Taken for less than 1 month April 9, 2019

For Acne: "I was first put of cephalexin 500mg capsules twice a day for a week to treat a painful cystic acne that appeared inside my nose. After that one week it cleared my entire face! It was amazing. I haven’t seen my face that clear since I was probably 10 years old (I’m 30) the down side is it’s not a long term fix. A few months later I was prescribed it again for 2 weeks because I was breaking out again really bad all over my face. Again it cleared it right up! About a year after that I got another two week prescription. I had plenty of bad breakouts over that year without it but I didn’t want my body to become immune to it—hence the long break. I honestly was amazed at how effective this has been for me but again I emphasize that it is not a long term fix."

jaisa · Taken for less than 1 month April 5, 2019

For Bacterial Infection: "cephalexin has caused a side effect of a ball of fire in my stomach. Five more days and I'm done."

Anonymous March 20, 2019

For Bladder Infection: "Went to doctors and they told me I had a UTI so they prescribed me cephalexin, I took it 3 times a day for 7 days did not end up in the ER but, I had a very very hard time breathing but it eventually went away. The third day into the meds my insides started hurting here and there like my guts or something if that makes any sense (that pain went away like two weeks later though). After I finished the medication, less then a week later I got my UTI back so the meds didn't even help me had to go back to the doctors and get a different medication and had the go through this all over again.. but the other meds helped and the UTI went away, hope this helps anyone."

Mara · Taken for less than 1 month March 15, 2019

For Bacterial Infection: "My middle finger randomly swelled up, around the cuticle. Doctor guessed it was an infection so he prescribed me 500mg of cephalexin, 3 times a day for 7 days. I have never had side effects for any antibiotic/drug until now. I'm on day 3 and I'm over it. I've been so tired the past two days, and my anxiety has sky rocketed, which is the worst part. I can't tell if my finger is even getting better, I don't know if I should power through or just quit now. Though, seeing several other people experience the anxiety side effect as well puts me a little at ease. Also, the taste - ugh. I will never take this medicine again."

Sweetchksgrl · Taken for less than 1 month March 14, 2019

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I was given cephalexin for my tooth infection, 250mg four daily for 7 days. I have one more day left. Thank goodness. I've been extremely tired and have had nausea since taking this med. I haven't been able to eat much other than oatmeal, jello and crackers. I hope it has done the job as I don't think I can stomach it much longer. I'm allergic to sulpha drugs so it was either this or penicillin which both has similar side effects."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)