User Reviews for Cephalexin

Kidney Infections 5.9
Summary of Cephalexin reviews 6.7 372 reviews

Reviews for Cephalexin

Gianni June 11, 2020

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: “Took cephalexin 4 times a day, 500 mgs a dose, for about two weeks for a dermal cyst. It effect was not immediate, but by the third I started to see real improvement. Within ten days it had almost completely vanished. BUT OH DID I FEEL TERRIBLE... I had heard that "drowsiness" was a "rare" side effect of this drug, at least according to the drug company, who during their trials must have enrolled some other species that just looked human to study, because almost EVERYONE who takes this feels like a truck almost ran over them.. they have experienced real sedation, dizziness, brain fog, irritability, a blocking of the effects of antidepressants, weakness etc I had most of these, and for several days AFTER taking it, I still felt out of sorts.... I will never take this drug again as I feel like I lost two weeks of my life because of a minor problem that could have been treated with something just as effective but not as horrible.”

Big J. · Taken for less than 1 month June 9, 2020

For Prostatitis: “No complaints with cephalexin, I had 14-day course for "mild prostatitis" (Dr.'s words) with blood in urine. Relief after day 2. No side effect experienced.”

Fatima · Taken for less than 1 month June 6, 2020

Keflex (cephalexin) for Bladder Infection: “So I ended a Saturday at the ER, I ended up having A UTI -Severe one. The PA prescribed Keflex 500 mg 7 Days - it really helped after 2 days but I noticed that it does bring out side effects on myself. I feel NAUSEOUS, tired , agitated, eyes burn here and there, headaches even though I took 2 advil it was still there. I also feel super anxious, I been having mood swing I feel more sad and somehow depressed I would say than anything normal I’ve had in the past. And I still have one more day to go”

Ahmed May 29, 2020

Keflex (cephalexin) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: “Keflex is very nice medicine for upper respiratory tract infection. Amazing experience”

Anon · Taken for less than 1 month May 16, 2020

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: “Was prescribed this medication cephalexin for a minor UTI over a year ago and again more recently for a peridontal infection. Bleeding gums have cleared up in two days, but now I'm not sure I'm not peeing blood. Was prescribed 500 mg 4x a day for 7 days, but now I'm paranoid that it's causing another problem or that I may have overdosed. Because it's a sulfur medication, it tastes and smells like rotten eggs and is very hard to even get down. I much prefer bactrim, don't ever want to take this again.”

Auttie · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 16, 2020

For Kidney Infections: “I’ve been taking this medication on and off for about 5 ish years for bad UT/kidney infections. I’ve had it in liquid form and in pill form however I can’t take pills so I crack them in apple sauce. Smells like rotten eggs but I can tolerate it. Doesn’t taste that bad. I don’t have dizziness, no diarrhea. When I have an infection, I always feel better while I’m on this medication. I don’t feel bad while on it. It’s a big relief. I can take this on an empty stomach with no stomach issues and let me tell you, I’m SENSITIVE and I have a screwed up gut and it doesn’t bother my gut. I’m a small girl 4’11 petite and I usually take 1 pill 4 times a day. Now the only issue I get is yeast infections but that’s common. I’d take yeast infections over having stomach problems any day. This is my go to antibiotic because it just does the job.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 15, 2020

Keflex (cephalexin) for Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: “I had extreme anxiety while taking this drug. It was a nightmare and even when I stoped taking it after taking the full round I'm still anxious. I took flexiril with it to ease the symptoms but it's a @!×+.”

I'm a · Taken for less than 1 month May 12, 2020

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: “I've been prescribed cephalexin way too much, I'm on it for the 4th time for pretty bad staph infection that I've had for over a year now, day 4 of 500mg 3x a day and I'm exhausted, having panic attacks, dizziness, confusion and headache but the infection is still there, i am only giving this a 4 rating because there's really been no change except cysts are worse and side. Effects are intolerablen I'm sure its because I've been prescribed antibiotics so much that they just don't work anymore.”

Myford · Taken for 10 years or more May 8, 2020

Keflex (cephalexin) for Bacterial Infection: “Suffered from osteomyelitis in femur from age 16 ( now aged 80 ) became chronic 10 years ago and now take 2 keflex 500 a day full time. Not conscious of any side effects and infection kept under control.”

Jay · Taken for less than 1 month May 4, 2020

For Bladder Infection: “This is my second day on cephalexin for UTI and I’m already ready to stop taking this. I feel dazed and last night I hallucinated so badly while trying to fall asleep (I heard loud voices all over the place in my head) it was extremely nerve wracking. Seeing everyone else’s experience I’m afraid that the drug won’t work and all of these side affects will have been for nothing but we’ll see.”

Angie · Taken for less than 1 month May 2, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “Cephalexin is the best antibiotic I've used. Follow the treatment exactly how it is and you'll have great results. No side effects, didn't give heart burn or diarrhea like other antibiotics.”

Misu · Taken for less than 1 month April 24, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “I'm a healthy female in my mid-60s. On February 2020 I came down with a flu-like cold that got incrementally worse. Initially, my doctor prescribed Amoxicillin but it didn't work at all. I continued getting high fever at night and coughing constantly. After 6 weeks of this I returned to the doctor and this time he prescribed Cephalexin for 10 days. After the 2nd dosage I felt 100% better. It was like taking a miracle drug. I didn't experience any side effects. I will always insist on this antibiotic because it works. I paid for my prescription out of pocket: $10.61 for qty. of 30.”

PesterHester April 20, 2020

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: “Surprised this old antibiotic drug cephalexin still works. I've had good luck with it for my recurrent cellulitis. I had to get a repeat course for my first infection, but that was probably because it was a really bad one (my ankle was the size of an abnormally large grapefruit). Taking it three times a day is a bit of a hassle and the odor of the medication is foul enough to peel wallpaper, but I would rather deal with these trivial inconveniences than end up on IV antibiotics. I'm able to take this medication with or without food, but taking it without food gave me a stomachache. The good news is that it doesn't take a lot of food to blunt its side effects - a PB&J sandwich or a protein bar is enough.”

DinnerLady · Taken for less than 1 month April 19, 2020

Keflex (cephalexin) for Kidney Infections: “Had bad kidney infection, given MacroBID for 3 days, after 2 days wasn't working given another 4 days worth. After another 2 days still wasn't working called online private doctor prescribed Keflex 500mg 3 times day 7 days. Kidney infection calmed down after 2 days wasn't sure if it was doing anything for bladder infection, still had pain and discomfort throughout 7 day course. Side effects severe itchiness particularly torso. When finished course still had bladder discomfort but worse was itch! Day after finishing up in night using wooden spoon to scratch unbearable itch I couldn't reach. 2 days later the itch on body gone but hands and fingers were driving me mad really bad constant itching, scratching skin raw. Read that Keflex stays in system for 72 hours. Have had muscle pain throughout course which confused about whether kidney infection getting better as back muscles hurt. No stomach problems. Can say Keflex sorted kidney infection not sure about bladder infection”

no April 15, 2020

For Kidney Infections: “i was in terrible pain in my kidneys, so I had to go to the ER and I got diagnosed with a kidney infection. I got prescribed with cephalexin (500mg 4 times a day) (mind you, I'm a 19 year old girl) it made everything worse. I don't wanna get out of bed because of how much pain I'm in. This med has been terrible. I've got a UTI, tired 24/7, not feeling any better.”

lh · Taken for less than 1 month April 12, 2020

Keflex (cephalexin) for Bladder Infection: “I have suffered with urine infections on and off for years and was always given macrobid or trimethprim which never cleared it up for long or completely - and also gave me severe side effects. A new doctor started me on keflex and it has cleared it up properly - very minimal side effects if any”

Sam · Taken for less than 1 month April 9, 2020

For Kidney Infections: “Absolutely horrible experience with this cephalexin medication, I was prescribed a dose of 500mg 4 times a day, for 10 days, for a kidney infection. After the first 2-3 days I started to have some chest pain and shortness of breath, I chalked it up to my asthma and tried to power through. But on the 8th day my chest pain was so bad I had to make a trip to the ER. On op of that it made me extremely nauseous.”

eisheth666 · Taken for less than 1 month March 27, 2020

Keflex (cephalexin) for Bladder Infection: “I was prescribed this Keflex medication 2X a day for 7 days for UTI but I only lasted 4. Before I took this medication I had some anxiety, but no other mental health issues besides my ADHD. The 2nd day I took it I became psychotic. I was severely depressed, paranoid, convinced everyone was talking about me or working against me. I cried all day. My mind was racing & convincing me of all kinds of delusions about myself & those around me. I was having vivid disturbing nightmares. I couldn’t eat anything. Constantly felt like I was going to vomit & slept from the time I got home from work until the next morning when I got up for work. I have been on antibiotics before, but this was my first AND LAST time I will ever take this.”

Madz · Taken for less than 1 month March 26, 2020

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: “I was on cephlexin for a cyst a dose of 500mg, taking it 2 times a day, morning and night. For 7 days. I haven't had any problems. I haven't drank coffee or alcohol. I drink tons of water, and gatorade. It helps.”

Henry · Taken for less than 1 month March 25, 2020

Keflex (cephalexin) for Bacterial Infection: “I had to take a course of keflex 500 mg for a cyst below my eye near nose.This didn't help,I hate antibiotics and had side effects like I fainted whilst on them, also had regular headaches, diarrhea and dry mouth. They showed absolutely no sign of being effective or getting rid of the infrection. I was told by my doctor the only other option was to have it cut out or it would get larger. Whilst driving to clinic on the day I'd organised for it to be removed I opted out because I didn't want a big hole in my face. Unbelievably and to my doctors amazement 2 weeks later it completely disappeared for good. I stopped squeezing pus out of it and made sure it stayed clean all the time never touch my face once and it went away, No surgery no antibiotics. Your body naturally fights infection on its own and sometimes antibiotics make it worse wether you notice it or not but eventually you will.”

TC · Taken for less than 1 month March 12, 2020

For Acne: “This cephalexin clears my acne COMPLETELY when I take it. It even cleared up the seborrheic dermatitis on my scalp! It was first prescribed it for a horrible pimple inside my nose and it cleared up my entire face! A year later I was prescribed it again for a staph infection and same wonderful results for my skin. Everyone is right about it not being a long term fix and you don’t want to take it frequently and become immune to it.”

veryangrymom · Taken for less than 1 month March 10, 2020

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: “My son had a small skin infection on his cheek near his eye, so he was on this medicine and he thought he was losing his mind. The side effects are damaging for this drug. Now it is still in his system as he struggles to not go crazy. This is a horrible drug.”

Brant · Taken for less than 1 month March 7, 2020

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: “I had a cyst removed and was given cephalexin to stop it getting infected. Took the first one at 2:30 pm finished the work day eat dinner @ 7: 30. Then started getting side effects, the chest pain started by 12:00 i could barely breathe and the chest pain is so severe now pain in the shoulders and neck hurt to breathe can not lay down else the pain gets 2 times as bad. At hospital now chest xray, CT scan blood tests ultra sound . Nitro glisoran helped a little all test came back negative for heart , blockages, next day a little better got to dr. Said I had a reaction to this antibiotic I will never take this again close to death after taking one pill.”

anon156 · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2020

For Kidney Infections: “I’m a healthy 20 year old female who took this drug for about 4 days before having to call it quits. I’m 9 weeks pregnant at the moment. Not sure if that was making this worse or not, but I had the WORST fatigue I’ve ever experienced. I was physically unable to get out of bed other than to use the bathroom and shower. My body felt extremely heavy and I was very confused and out of it. It make me nausea I was already experiencing 10 times worse. I ended up having a severe episode of heart racing for about 10 minutes on the 4th day. Blood pressure shot up to 150 and pulse got high. I threw this away. Listen to your body. I know it’s important to finish medications but when the side effects are this bad this is dangerous. Since my urine has completely stopped burning and it’s clear again, I have made another appointment with my doctor to confirm my infection is gone. Home tests came back negative. If not, I will request something else because this was AWFUL.”

nicole · Taken for less than 1 month February 21, 2020

For Kidney Infections: “I am currently pregnant and taking this for a UTI. Pregnancy makes me tired and nauseous but this literally takes me out. I am so sleepy and out of it. I feel drunk or something. I have to finish this in order to clear my infection because I get way worse side effects with other medications. Getting my urine rechecked at the end of the treatment to see if it cleared up. Hopefully it did because I can’t take anymore of this stuff”