User Reviews for Cephalexin

Pharyngitis
4.5

Summary of Cephalexin reviews 7.2 295 reviews

Reviews for Cephalexin

For Acne: "I was first put of cephalexin 500mg capsules twice a day for a week to treat a painful cystic acne that appeared inside my nose. After that one week it cleared my entire face! It was amazing. I haven’t seen my face that clear since I was probably 10 years old (I’m 30) the down side is it’s not a long term fix. A few months later I was prescribed it again for 2 weeks because I was breaking out again really bad all over my face. Again it cleared it right up! About a year after that I got another two week prescription. I had plenty of bad breakouts over that year without it but I didn’t want my body to become immune to it—hence the long break. I honestly was amazed at how effective this has been for me but again I emphasize that it is not a long term fix."

Addy (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2019

For Bacterial Infection: "cephalexin has caused a side effect of a ball of fire in my stomach. Five more days and I'm done."

jaisa (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2019

For Bladder Infection: "Went to doctors and they told me I had a UTI so they prescribed me cephalexin, I took it 3 times a day for 7 days did not end up in the ER but, I had a very very hard time breathing but it eventually went away. The third day into the meds my insides started hurting here and there like my guts or something if that makes any sense (that pain went away like two weeks later though). After I finished the medication, less then a week later I got my UTI back so the meds didn't even help me had to go back to the doctors and get a different medication and had the go through this all over again.. but the other meds helped and the UTI went away, hope this helps anyone."

Anonymous March 20, 2019

For Bacterial Infection: "My middle finger randomly swelled up, around the cuticle. Doctor guessed it was an infection so he prescribed me 500mg of cephalexin, 3 times a day for 7 days. I have never had side effects for any antibiotic/drug until now. I'm on day 3 and I'm over it. I've been so tired the past two days, and my anxiety has sky rocketed, which is the worst part. I can't tell if my finger is even getting better, I don't know if I should power through or just quit now. Though, seeing several other people experience the anxiety side effect as well puts me a little at ease. Also, the taste - ugh. I will never take this medicine again."

Mara (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2019

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I was given cephalexin for my tooth infection, 250mg four daily for 7 days. I have one more day left. Thank goodness. I've been extremely tired and have had nausea since taking this med. I haven't been able to eat much other than oatmeal, jello and crackers. I hope it has done the job as I don't think I can stomach it much longer. I'm allergic to sulpha drugs so it was either this or penicillin which both has similar side effects."

Sweetchksgrl (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2019

Keflex (cephalexin) for Bacterial Infection: "I went to the emergency room for a tooth abscess and they prescribed me keflex 500mg four times a day for 10 days. I have had zero side effects. It worked fast and took the infection right away. I had a little sore throat the whole 7 days but I was sneezing before I took the keflex so it probably a virus or allergies. My throat looks fine. But highly recommend Keflex cause there are barely any side effects."

Bookie1976 (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2019

For Bladder Infection: "As with any antibiotic, how well it works has everything to do with what bacterium caused your infection. Assuming it’s appropriate, cephalexin works well. People can also read the prescribing information for expectations on potential side effects. I personally have found it safe and effective (no side effects), and believe eating yogurt regularly along with the meds to be a good idea to prevent subsequent yeast infections."

Epip (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2019

Keflex (cephalexin) for Bacterial Infection: "I was prescribed 500mg (Keflex) four times a day, for ten days. This was for a boil that I've had for eight years, I thought it was a pimple but when it got worse then ever I saw a doctor who confirmed it as a boil which then proceeded to try lancing and squeezing it I almost blacked out is how bad it had gotten. Anyways your here for the drug review, the only side effect that I noticed was a slight tired feeling. I have anxiety so I didn't take the pills until around a week after being prescribed for a fear of side effects, there is nothing to be worried about trust that it will help you. Now my boil is completely gone and I can relax."

Zillakami February 17, 2019

For Bone infection: "I had a very positive experience when I took Keflex for about 3-months. I was prescribed 3G/day and did not have any adverse side-effects at any point, and zero adverse side-effects after my Dr ended treatment with Keflex. Keflex was prescribed only after successful treatment w/Central-Line (PICC) with the Antibiotic, Cefazolin, for 6-weeks, to treat Osteomyelitis, Staph Present. I even had a improved complexion."

EricH (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 16, 2019

For Bacterial Infection: "Day 4, taking 1000 mg every 12 hrs for Strep. My sore throat and fever are gone but the fatigue is almost unbearable. I have to finish this regimen as it’s better than being so sick."

Sicky girl February 15, 2019

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Was prescribed this for blistering and weeping legs that were swollen and that had a skin tear where blisters were previously. I was on this for preventive measures, no infection at the time, also had this medication a year or so before after having a cyst on my back and again after surgery, no problems with the medication. Although this drug smells like sulfa and the taste is horrible as with a lot of drugs, even though these are capsules, these were combined with Bactrim antibiotic"

angel (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2019

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Infected razor bumps the medicine works perfect and I only paid $8.00 with a coupon."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2019

For Bladder Infection: "I had a bladder infection for 2 days I drink plenty of water actually that is all I drink. I don't drink soda or juices and I get them every year. I was already on keflex so I'm not sure it's helping at all I woke up this morning it feels worse I heard of a baking soda remedy"

Bladder (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 1, 2019

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "While this med was quite effective, I found the taste to be nauseating and the smell was quite nasty."

Cher (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2018

Keflex (cephalexin) for Bladder Infection: "Works great. Zero side effects. Doesn't interfere with other meds."

blue-sky (taken for 10 years or more) December 24, 2018

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I had a staph infection in my nose so my doctor put me on a week of cephalexin, 500mg 3x daily. I was worried about GI side effects but was absolutely fine. The only side effects I noticed were very very minimal fatigue and the slightest headache that was barely noticeable. I also took a once daily probiotic with my dose in the evening just for peace of mind."

Morwenna (taken for less than 1 month) November 24, 2018

For Bone infection: "2 weeks of 2000 mg per day cannot stop leg infection after right hip replacement. 34 days after surgery and I cannot bear weight on leg. Site still red and slightly inflamed. It has gone down in rough appearance but still too much pain to bear weight for long. Looking for disease specialist and new treatment."

Mikie3117 (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2018

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "My doctor prescribed this med for a sinus infection. After the 5th pill, my lower legs turned bright red and hot! I was miserable and knew right away this was from the pills. I tossed them and will never use Cephalexin again."

iver0713 (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "500 three times a day for one week for possible Staph infection. Very little side effects, maybe a little drowsy for an hour after dose and some heartburn late in the process. Day five had improvement. I hope it’s gone and not that I could have used a few more days."

NatureArtist November 6, 2018

Keflex (cephalexin) for Bacterial Infection: "Took it for 7 days for a tooth infection, took the pain away on the 3rd day, no adverse reactions. Had a reaction to Bactrim so I was hesitant to take antibiotics, however I'm confident in Keflex now. Stop stressing and take it."

SB (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2018

For Bladder Infection: "I am a kidney transplant patient. I came down with a bladder infection Dr gave me 500 mg cephalexin four times a day. First day on it I puked and pooped all night long. I was on it three days before Dr changed my prescription to amoxicillin. I have pooped so much these last seven days that my butt is really suffering. It's like having dry heaves from your butt! I cramp and poop every half hour and then only a teaspoon comes out-stinks like something died inside of my rectum. I would not recommend this drug to anyone."

Poopy dry heaves (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I got put on 500mg twice a day for my recurring strep throat. Other antibiotics have cleared it up within a day. I am on day 5 and still see white spots. My tonsils are the size of golf balls, I can't even eat or swallow without shooting pains. I am a college student and it sucks getting up from class having to run to the bathroom every 20 minutes. Also fatigue is understatement."

Brittney (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2018

For Bladder Infection: "This pill started out okay or so I thought I ended up feeling horribly nauseous and yes I was taking a probiotic, had a bad time drinking water couldn't eat I lived off ginger ale, mints, dry cereal. I managed to take this pill for 7 days heaven knows I don't know how I did it but I finally had had enough and I quit after 7 days. I will not be taking this pill again. I lost 8lbs because I couldn't eat food with out feeling sick,"

Viva (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2018

Keflex (cephalexin) for Bladder Infection: "I have constant battles with UTI’s so I’ve taken a lot of different antibiotics. Keflex is definitely a good one but for me I have to take 500 mg three times a day so I get some side effects, mostly tired, stomach cramps and dizzy. It’s not horrible though like some of the other ones I’ve taken. Before I had repeat infections I had the 500 mg twice a day dose and had very minor cramping from that dose. It’s my go to when I can take it. Drink lots of water with it too, it helps flush your system faster and get rid of the infection and it’s side effects quicker."

Amangi (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Was prescribed Cephalexin for an infection after a previous antibiotic didn’t work. The infection almost completely cleared up within 24 hours. Worked very well & would definitely recommend. Side effects: Sore stomach & dry/bloodshot eyes. Both went away after I finished the course of antibiotics."

theaustralianchicken (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2018