User Reviews for Cephalexin systemic

Pharyngitis
4.5

Summary of Cephalexin reviews 7.2 284 reviews

Reviews for Cephalexin

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Infected razor bumps the medicine works perfect and I only paid $8.00 with a coupon."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2019

For Bladder Infection: "I had a bladder infection for 2 days I drink plenty of water actually that is all I drink. I don't drink soda or juices and I get them every year. I was already on keflex so I'm not sure it's helping at all I woke up this morning it feels worse I heard of a baking soda remedy"

Bladder (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 1, 2019

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "While this med was quite effective, I found the taste to be nauseating and the smell was quite nasty."

Cher (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2018

Keflex (cephalexin) for Bladder Infection: "Works great. Zero side effects. Doesn't interfere with other meds."

blue-sky (taken for 10 years or more) December 24, 2018

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I had a staph infection in my nose so my doctor put me on a week of cephalexin, 500mg 3x daily. I was worried about GI side effects but was absolutely fine. The only side effects I noticed were very very minimal fatigue and the slightest headache that was barely noticeable. I also took a once daily probiotic with my dose in the evening just for peace of mind."

Morwenna (taken for less than 1 month) November 24, 2018

For Bone infection: "2 weeks of 2000 mg per day cannot stop leg infection after right hip replacement. 34 days after surgery and I cannot bear weight on leg. Site still red and slightly inflamed. It has gone down in rough appearance but still too much pain to bear weight for long. Looking for disease specialist and new treatment."

Mikie3117 (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2018

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "My doctor prescribed this med for a sinus infection. After the 5th pill, my lower legs turned bright red and hot! I was miserable and knew right away this was from the pills. I tossed them and will never use Cephalexin again."

iver0713 (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "500 three times a day for one week for possible Staph infection. Very little side effects, maybe a little drowsy for an hour after dose and some heartburn late in the process. Day five had improvement. I hope it’s gone and not that I could have used a few more days."

NatureArtist November 6, 2018

Keflex (cephalexin) for Bacterial Infection: "Took it for 7 days for a tooth infection, took the pain away on the 3rd day, no adverse reactions. Had a reaction to Bactrim so I was hesitant to take antibiotics, however I'm confident in Keflex now. Stop stressing and take it."

SB (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2018

For Bladder Infection: "I am a kidney transplant patient. I came down with a bladder infection Dr gave me 500 mg cephalexin four times a day. First day on it I puked and pooped all night long. I was on it three days before Dr changed my prescription to amoxicillin. I have pooped so much these last seven days that my butt is really suffering. It's like having dry heaves from your butt! I cramp and poop every half hour and then only a teaspoon comes out-stinks like something died inside of my rectum. I would not recommend this drug to anyone."

Poopy dry heaves (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I got put on 500mg twice a day for my recurring strep throat. Other antibiotics have cleared it up within a day. I am on day 5 and still see white spots. My tonsils are the size of golf balls, I can't even eat or swallow without shooting pains. I am a college student and it sucks getting up from class having to run to the bathroom every 20 minutes. Also fatigue is understatement."

Brittney (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2018

For Bladder Infection: "This pill started out okay or so I thought I ended up feeling horribly nauseous and yes I was taking a probiotic, had a bad time drinking water couldn't eat I lived off ginger ale, mints, dry cereal. I managed to take this pill for 7 days heaven knows I don't know how I did it but I finally had had enough and I quit after 7 days. I will not be taking this pill again. I lost 8lbs because I couldn't eat food with out feeling sick,"

Viva (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2018

Keflex (cephalexin) for Bladder Infection: "I have constant battles with UTI’s so I’ve taken a lot of different antibiotics. Keflex is definitely a good one but for me I have to take 500 mg three times a day so I get some side effects, mostly tired, stomach cramps and dizzy. It’s not horrible though like some of the other ones I’ve taken. Before I had repeat infections I had the 500 mg twice a day dose and had very minor cramping from that dose. It’s my go to when I can take it. Drink lots of water with it too, it helps flush your system faster and get rid of the infection and it’s side effects quicker."

Amangi (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Was prescribed Cephalexin for an infection after a previous antibiotic didn’t work. The infection almost completely cleared up within 24 hours. Worked very well & would definitely recommend. Side effects: Sore stomach & dry/bloodshot eyes. Both went away after I finished the course of antibiotics."

theaustralianchicken (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2018

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "My husband developed infection at the surgical incision site following Radical Nephrectomy after diagnosis of Transitional Cell Carcinoma. Everything seemed fine til post op 11 days when staples removed & nurse commented wound still draining & put a bandage on after which is unusual. 2 days later, started having more pain, felt worse, less energy. 4 days after staples were removed said incision felt hot. Was red where it had been draining & hot to touch. Entire incision line hard & rigid which doctor shrugged off as hematoma we spent 4 hours in ER. No blood work. Given Keflex 4 times a day for 7 days. Had been taking it now for 3 1/2 days. Redness & hot area has spread, still no energy, no appetite & does not feel well. Going back to ER because should have been given a stronger antibiotic, especially after having surgery with chance of MRSA (Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus) which can’t be treated with first line antibiotics. Would not recommend this to anyone!!!"

UltraViolet September 11, 2018

For Kidney Infections: "I felt woozy for a couple of days. Then, I had stabbing pain in my side that radiated to my lower back. Doc diagnosed me with a kidney infection and put me on Cephalexin. Despite the meds, back pain and side ache felt horrible. I continued to take the meds despite feeling tremendously nauseous, even dry vomiting once, feverish, cold chills and no appetite. The thought of food made me retch. Kind of thought I could die. I drank lots of lemon infused water. After the 7th dose, 36 hours from the first pill, I was no longer in pain or nauseous. I had a migraine but the doc told me to avoid coffee and and once I had a cup of coffee the migraine went away, too. Four days later and I'm good as new but I'm going to continue taking the meds. I'm on 250mg 4x a day for 7 days. I suspect the medication is making my muscles tense and I am not sleeping well, just 5 hours a night. 4x a day is a hassle. I was tempted to take 500 mg 2x a day but I didn't want to risk a set back."

Miss McCahfee August 27, 2018

Keflex (cephalexin) for Bacterial Infection: "In my experience, the best antibiotic ever developed. Kills anything within a week. No nausea, sleepy ness, dizziness, anything."

Sambo (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I feel great after a couple days this UTI had me feeling bad but now I feel just like new!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Doctor prescribed 500 mg 4 times a day for a Septoplasty Surgery. I’m on day 6. All it has done for me is stop the bacterial infection from my sinus and make me feel extremely tired. Can’t wait to finish this medication and hope fatigue goes away."

Augie G (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2018

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I was prescribed Cephalexin by a doctor at a hospital I visited when my arm swelled up and the rash I had got very severe. I had been exposed to Poison Sumac three weeks prior and it just went nuts in that third week. When the swelling entered my hand, I knew I was in trouble. I was prescribed Prednisone which got rid of the swelling splendidly and Cephalexin to deal with the infection. The Cephalexin dosage was 4 per day for 7 days. It made me overly anxious, I had trouble sleeping, my stomach was little upset, and I ended up with vaginal discharge (really yucky), but it was so important to get rid of that infection, I took the entire prescription. My arm is in much better shape though not 100% yet. I am satisfied with the positive results."

Ginger (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2018

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Excellent medication for soft tissue infection. Prescribed 500 mg 4x daily for 7 days - noticeable improvement after 24 hours, significant improvement after 48 hours. I'm thrilled. On day one I did feel some stomach upset which easily subsided with a bit of food and rest."

Paul88 (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2018

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I was prescribed Cephalexin 500 mg 3X day for 10 days. From first day I had stomach pain, diarrhea, headache, anxiety, confusion and heart palpitations. At first I thought all of these issues were from being sick and lack of sleep. By day two I knew it was this medicine. I went down to two doses a day but by day 5 I had to stop taking it. Worst drug ever! The smell of the drug is a cross between a rotting dead animal and rotten eggs, never again will I touch this drug. Usually I read drug info before starting a drug but I was so sick I failed to do this first. Going forward I will not make this mistake. I experienced too many side effects from this drug."

Neveragaindoc (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2018

For Bladder Infection: "I get UTI’s quite regularly and this is my third time taking cephalexin (500mg - 3 x day). It always has helped get rid of the UTI. But I highly advise women taking it to also have a probiotic with it. I didn’t this time nor the first and both have left me with a yeast infection within the first 48hours or taking it. Apart from that no side effects- works really well"

Kel (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I was prescribed 250mg 4x per day for 10 days for a re-occurring what I thought was a yeast infection. But I haven’t read any other reviews where this had been prescribed for yeast infections. But then realised it was an antibiotic for bacterial infections so now realise they are treating me for a bacterial infection, which is apparently just as common as yeast infections and aren't sexually transmitted either "

Lady August 5, 2018

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I have chronic folliculitis that has left scars on my lower legs. Twice I was prescribed topical ointments by a dermatologist that did nothing. My primary doctor prescribed Keflex and the results were amazing. Now every time I have flare up from shaving during the summer months, I request Keflex. I do not experience any side effects. I try not to shave as often, use good and clean razors, but the Keflec has been what helps me the most."

Whoknew (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 29, 2018