User Reviews for Cefuroxime

Also known as: Ceftin, Kefurox, Zinacef

Learn more about Cefuroxime.

Bladder Infection 1 reviews 82 medications

Surgical Prophylaxis 1 reviews 60 medications

Skin and Structure Infection 1 reviews 72 medications

Summary of Cefuroxime reviews 67 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Cefuroxime

For Urinary Tract Infection: "No effect on UTI"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "On the 2nd day taking it, woke up in the morning my left ankle felt like I got arthritis. My left foot is swollen cant even stand on left foot. Today is the 3rd day and thinking to stop it if my left feet getting worse"

Howdd November 27, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ceftin (cefuroxime) for Sinusitis: "Effective antibiotic with the only down side being frequent heartburn & gas."

AS101 (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Otitis Media: "I had the worst and most painful experience of my freakin life having a double ear infection. I went to my local urgent care and the doctor prescribed Amoxicillin, &this made it SO MUCH WORSE. After 8 days of the amoxicillin, I was hysterically crying from the pain. So I went back to urgent care and saw a different doctor, he prescribed me Cefuroxime & some ear drops. I am on day 4 of this antibiotic and the pain is nothing like it was before, but I am still feeling it. Frankly, I've had a broken nose, too many sinus infections to count, etc. and NOTHING compares to the severity of the pain that this ear infection caused me. I am still in pain but just not as much. THE BEST ADVICE I CAN GIVE is a warm compress or ice pack to help with pain."

merrrr October 31, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "Have suffered from allergies and 2 to 4 sinus infections yearly for most of my life. Have tried many antibiotics, but Ceftin works the best with the least side effects. I agree with other comments. After only 2 doses of a 10 day course I already felt 50% better. I am an RN and I have seen Zpak and Augmentin fail people during sinusitis treatment. This drug is my go-to now. It truly cures the infection. I only get maybe one acute sinusitis per year now, thanks to this drug."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 15, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection: "Reduced severity of but didn't clear up a lung infection of unknown bacterial origin."

pro88 (taken for less than 1 month) October 9, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection: "Just started ceftin for infection of inner ear. Taken twice daily for only 2 full days.some relief from pain but ear is still severely stopped up. Almost no hearing in that ear except my own hheartbeat ..rather annoying but beats the alternative.. Have seen many complaints of bad gastrointestinal problems ..my suggestion is take probiotics while on drug. I have no problem with taking it.. Note take at least an hour apart from antibiotics. Works well for me. Hope my ear unstops soon."

k in la October 1, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "I was prescribed with Cefuroxime ( 2x500mg/day for 16 days) and prednisolone (60mg x 4 days, then 40mg x 4 days then 20mg x 4 days then 10mg x 4 days) The combination works very well with in the second day of the usage. I can breath well and yellow mucus came out well, hopefully in a week I will be fine. I am using netipot couple of times a day to cleanse the sinus and having single dosage of claritin and flunase as a prevention dosage. Not sure how much does side effect does prednisolone will cause, since this is first time I am using and hopefully doesn't hurt me. I read prednisolone is a steroid and I feel we have to avoid it."

Balki September 29, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "I've been suffering from acute sinusitis for 13 days now. The doctor gave me antibiotics to nip it in the bud before it becomes chronic. I'm on my 6th day of Cefuroxime Axetil (500 mg 2 x per day) and I feel no better. In fact my condition continues to worsen. There is more greenish yellow mucous, I'm beginning to cough up mucous, and sinus headaches are starting. My doctor refuses to change the antibiotic because he says it can take anywhere from 1 day to over a week to work. I have to give it 3-4 more days. Truly disappointed with this medication."

Pyez August 22, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "Sinus infection: Started using this product 4 days ago and so far nothing is happening? Still total congestion, massive sinus headaches on and off (more on then off), the only thing this medication has managed to give me is diarrhea? Will give this another day then go back to the doctor. Not sure this is the right medication for me."

Mi1966 August 22, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "Have gotten excellent results with this med. It takes three days to kick in, but it has killed a sinus infection in both 2015 and 2016. I have allergies so have more problems than most in getting the infection to go completely away. I have not had the digestive issues nor any other side effects that I have with other meds like zpack (I still take yogart daily to keep good bacteria in the digestive tract). It seems to not have the issue with antibiotic resistance that zpack and some of the things more commonly prescribed can cause."

NCResident (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ceftin (cefuroxime) for Lyme Disease: "son of 3,5 years old has Lyme; received cefuroxime axetil 250 mg oral suspension 21 days. It was hard to find pharmacy that carries this. The pediatrician had to mediate. Our son did a great job taking the medicine, as we used a plastic, injection tof administer it to him. He did fine with that. However. On the bottle it said to shake well before use. The liquid was too thick for shaking. You had to just wait for the goo to come out of the narrow bottle. When the bottle was "empty" there was a thick layer at the bottom and around the sides. Even thicker than the rest. How can we tell if he got the right amount of medicine? Better to put susp into an open neck jar and stir each time. With Lyme you"re never sure if medication worked."

kindje July 11, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "I suffer from sever sinus issues, almost monthly, and this is the best antibiotic I have ever taken. 3 days into the meds, and felt better! Thank god, I have finally found so,etching that will help me feel better within days."

Anonymous May 19, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Omg this is the worst antibiotic ever I almost finished a whole two weeks supply and felt no better I've been back too the doctor 3 times since using this antibiotic it did nothing for my pain or me hopefully sulfamethoxazole-trimethoprim works better"

Helpful tips March 17, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "Into my 5th day...Pain relieved after two full days, but still have infection, mucus still yellow/green, and still feel like crap, although better. No side effects from med, which is good, but would have expected to feel much better by now. Four more days to go on med."

MoeMc February 28, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "I have an upper respiratory infection I have been on this medication for 3 full days so far and my fever is gone and my cough is a lot better. it's definitely effective the only problem is the side affects are awful! I'm extremely dizzy and have real low energy. This stuff works but it sucks the life out of you."

Anonymous February 12, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection: "Given for bacterial infection, this medication did nothing but side effects. Fever, chills, no appetite, weak. Put this to the infection. Finished the prescribed amount and noticed red blotches on my skin and peeling. I think allergic to this product. Never again. Still feeling effects. It's only been one day since completion."

Amaranthus (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Surgical Prophylaxis: "After a minor cut in the head area, I was given Cefuroxime. Two days later, I started with a flu that affected my lungs and throat, and it lasted more than four weeks. I had taken the flu shot three months prior to this event. Now reading the article from PNAS, it seems like the protection for flu virus went away. I hadn't had a bad cold for about ten years, ever since I protect myself with the flu shot."

Emilion January 27, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ceftin (cefuroxime) for Pneumonia: "My mother, age 75 took this. After 4 days she became very confused, bad chest pain, nauseated, felt jerky and diarrhea. She still shows some confusion after being off of it for 2 days."

Anonymous December 23, 2015

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "I typically get two bad sinus infections every year and have tried many different antibiotics but this med. seems to work very well for me. After a few days I start to feel better but I must continue the Meds. for at least four more days or I will have a relapse to my sinus infection."

GrePec December 11, 2015

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ceftin (cefuroxime) for Sinusitis: "Did excellent job with clearing up sinus infection. 4 days in, however, I got hit with pretty severe diarrhea. Dr. had me stop taking since I was so much improved in terms of the sinusitis and due to the side effects. Been 48 hrs of diarrhea. And 24 since I terminated the medication. Hopefully it resolves with the probiotics I'm taking and cessation of the Ceftin. I am concerned about the severe colitis I've read about but we shall see."

Brian O December 9, 2015

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "I was prescribed this drug for persistant sinusitus. After the first dose, my symptoms were gone! No yeast infection from it either. Works wonderfully!!!"

Lisa 68 December 8, 2015

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ceftin (cefuroxime) for Bacterial Infection: "My doctor looked in my ear and nose and saw that they were severe blocked, as well as infected with bacteria. He explained to me that I probably have drainage into the eustachian tube and that has got dirty. So he prescribed me 500mg Ceftin, as well as Allegra-D and Flonase, all to be taken for 15 days. I take Ceftin twice daily morning and night with food. I take Allegra-D and Flonase in the morning before I leave for work. I don't know how the Ceftin works, but I was still plugged up for a good 5 days until it felt like it may be finally kicked in. But is it? It could just be the regular Allegra-D and Flonase? But I guess if this Ceftin is good for many other stuff, it'll be good for all the other bacteria type stuff so I'm happy."

W-U October 11, 2015

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "I have tried different sinus medications over the years and this seems to be the best of them all. Just 2 pills a day breakfast and dinner, no noticeable negative effects. Cured my bout of sinusitis in about 3-days but I continued to take it for the full 14 days."

Resistor (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2015

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "I have a terrible taste/smell...like something electrical. Doctor said I have a sinus infection. This medicine has had no effect at all. (Positive or negative). I just finished one week of 2-250mg tablets daily. Doctor said to refill after a week if I don't see any results."

zionfrost (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2015