User Reviews for Cefuroxime

Also known as: Ceftin, Kefurox, Zinacef

Learn more about Cefuroxime.

Bladder Infection 1 reviews 81 medications

Surgical Prophylaxis 1 reviews 60 medications

Skin and Structure Infection 1 reviews 72 medications

Summary of Cefuroxime reviews 59 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Cefuroxime

For Sinusitis: "I've been suffering from acute sinusitis for 13 days now. The doctor gave me antibiotics to nip it in the bud before it becomes chronic. I'm on my 6th day of Cefuroxime Axetil (500 mg 2 x per day) and I feel no better. In fact my condition continues to worsen. There is more greenish yellow mucous, I'm beginning to cough up mucous, and sinus headaches are starting. My doctor refuses to change the antibiotic because he says it can take anywhere from 1 day to over a week to work. I have to give it 3-4 more days. Truly disappointed with this medication."

Pyez August 22, 2016

For Sinusitis: "Sinus infection: Started using this product 4 days ago and so far nothing is happening? Still total congestion, massive sinus headaches on and off (more on then off), the only thing this medication has managed to give me is diarrhea? Will give this another day then go back to the doctor. Not sure this is the right medication for me."

Mi1966 August 22, 2016

For Sinusitis: "Have gotten excellent results with this med. It takes three days to kick in, but it has killed a sinus infection in both 2015 and 2016. I have allergies so have more problems than most in getting the infection to go completely away. I have not had the digestive issues nor any other side effects that I have with other meds like zpack (I still take yogart daily to keep good bacteria in the digestive tract). It seems to not have the issue with antibiotic resistance that zpack and some of the things more commonly prescribed can cause."

NCResident (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2016

Ceftin (cefuroxime) for Lyme Disease: "son of 3,5 years old has Lyme; received cefuroxime axetil 250 mg oral suspension 21 days. It was hard to find pharmacy that carries this. The pediatrician had to mediate. Our son did a great job taking the medicine, as we used a plastic, injection tof administer it to him. He did fine with that. However. On the bottle it said to shake well before use. The liquid was too thick for shaking. You had to just wait for the goo to come out of the narrow bottle. When the bottle was "empty" there was a thick layer at the bottom and around the sides. Even thicker than the rest. How can we tell if he got the right amount of medicine? Better to put susp into an open neck jar and stir each time. With Lyme you"re never sure if medication worked."

kindje July 11, 2016

For Sinusitis: "I suffer from sever sinus issues, almost monthly, and this is the best antibiotic I have ever taken. 3 days into the meds, and felt better! Thank god, I have finally found so,etching that will help me feel better within days."

Anonymous May 19, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Omg this is the worst antibiotic ever I almost finished a whole two weeks supply and felt no better I've been back too the doctor 3 times since using this antibiotic it did nothing for my pain or me hopefully sulfamethoxazole-trimethoprim works better"

Helpful tips March 17, 2016

For Sinusitis: "Into my 5th day...Pain relieved after two full days, but still have infection, mucus still yellow/green, and still feel like crap, although better. No side effects from med, which is good, but would have expected to feel much better by now. Four more days to go on med."

MoeMc February 28, 2016

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "I have an upper respiratory infection I have been on this medication for 3 full days so far and my fever is gone and my cough is a lot better. it's definitely effective the only problem is the side affects are awful! I'm extremely dizzy and have real low energy. This stuff works but it sucks the life out of you."

Anonymous February 12, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "Given for bacterial infection, this medication did nothing but side effects. Fever, chills, no appetite, weak. Put this to the infection. Finished the prescribed amount and noticed red blotches on my skin and peeling. I think allergic to this product. Never again. Still feeling effects. It's only been one day since completion."

Amaranthus (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2016

For Surgical Prophylaxis: "After a minor cut in the head area, I was given Cefuroxime. Two days later, I started with a flu that affected my lungs and throat, and it lasted more than four weeks. I had taken the flu shot three months prior to this event. Now reading the article from PNAS, it seems like the protection for flu virus went away. I hadn't had a bad cold for about ten years, ever since I protect myself with the flu shot."

Emilion January 27, 2016

Ceftin (cefuroxime) for Pneumonia: "My mother, age 75 took this. After 4 days she became very confused, bad chest pain, nauseated, felt jerky and diarrhea. She still shows some confusion after being off of it for 2 days."

Anonymous December 23, 2015

For Sinusitis: "I typically get two bad sinus infections every year and have tried many different antibiotics but this med. seems to work very well for me. After a few days I start to feel better but I must continue the Meds. for at least four more days or I will have a relapse to my sinus infection."

GrePec December 11, 2015

Ceftin (cefuroxime) for Sinusitis: "Did excellent job with clearing up sinus infection. 4 days in, however, I got hit with pretty severe diarrhea. Dr. had me stop taking since I was so much improved in terms of the sinusitis and due to the side effects. Been 48 hrs of diarrhea. And 24 since I terminated the medication. Hopefully it resolves with the probiotics I'm taking and cessation of the Ceftin. I am concerned about the severe colitis I've read about but we shall see."

Brian O December 9, 2015

For Sinusitis: "I was prescribed this drug for persistant sinusitus. After the first dose, my symptoms were gone! No yeast infection from it either. Works wonderfully!!!"

Lisa 68 December 8, 2015

Ceftin (cefuroxime) for Bacterial Infection: "My doctor looked in my ear and nose and saw that they were severe blocked, as well as infected with bacteria. He explained to me that I probably have drainage into the eustachian tube and that has got dirty. So he prescribed me 500mg Ceftin, as well as Allegra-D and Flonase, all to be taken for 15 days. I take Ceftin twice daily morning and night with food. I take Allegra-D and Flonase in the morning before I leave for work. I don't know how the Ceftin works, but I was still plugged up for a good 5 days until it felt like it may be finally kicked in. But is it? It could just be the regular Allegra-D and Flonase? But I guess if this Ceftin is good for many other stuff, it'll be good for all the other bacteria type stuff so I'm happy."

W-U October 11, 2015

For Sinusitis: "I have tried different sinus medications over the years and this seems to be the best of them all. Just 2 pills a day breakfast and dinner, no noticeable negative effects. Cured my bout of sinusitis in about 3-days but I continued to take it for the full 14 days."

Resistor (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2015

For Sinusitis: "I have a terrible taste/smell...like something electrical. Doctor said I have a sinus infection. This medicine has had no effect at all. (Positive or negative). I just finished one week of 2-250mg tablets daily. Doctor said to refill after a week if I don't see any results."

zionfrost (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Had a normal UTI was prescribed Bactrim. After 4 days I started to get a 102 fever with backache. Went to ER and was prescribed Ceftin. Feel much better although my tummy is making all kinda noises and very loose stools."

AlimaS June 18, 2015

Ceftin (cefuroxime) for Lyme Disease: "After several rounds of doxycycline it started to lose its effectiveness. After a week on ceftin my symptoms subsided. I'm not cured, but my symptoms have been manageable for the past 2 years"

Anonymous May 11, 2015

For Bronchitis: "I took this medicine at night and when I got up in the morning my lips had a white film on them and I pulled it off. I looked in the mirror and there was this white film on and inside my mouth.There was a thick coating on my tongue that resembled spongy like material. I stopped taking the medicine."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I have suffered pain in my abdomen and back portion. It was diagnosed that I have urinary tract infection. My doctor was advised to take cefuroxime axetil 500mg 2 x a day good for 7 days. The pain was over even after took taking 1 tablet. It's nice no side effects I have felt while I took this medicine until I finished in 7 days."

Danilo A. Cadog (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2015

For Bronchitis: "One of the best antibiotics for me... I was amazed how well it worked. Down side: taste is horrible but that's probably why it's so good. My side effects were plentiful but the risks outweighed the bad... My biggest side effect was nausea and vomiting there were lots of moments I had to run to a bathroom or get out of a moving vehicle.... With all that, I'm still grateful. I was sicker then ever before. I slept last night fully for the first time in almost 3 weeks... If like me one of your symptoms are no appetite either force feed yourself or find an alternative with your doctor. I'm sure being able to eat would've helped ease my stomach. Feel better. Had some dizziness and vaginitis.."

Bronchitis :( (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2015

Ceftin (cefuroxime) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "I'm currently being treated (with Ceftin) for a chest infection. I had been coughing & try as I might, couldn't bring up all the stuck mucous in my chest & throat. After one pill, the phlegm was loosened & there was a dramatic decrease in my coughing. Plus, I've had ZERO side effects! : )"

Priscilla Dearing (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2014

Ceftin (cefuroxime) for Sinusitis: "I've had sinusitis for a couple of weeks, woozy, dizzy, pressure. I took a dose pack, which I normally take anyway and it helped some but no appreciable effects. I tried Augmentin and couldn't take anymore after one dose due to side effects. I've taken 3 Ceftin since yesterday and I feel much, much better."

Anonymous December 11, 2014

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "Prescribed to me for 14 days for a sinus, throat and lung infection that I was battling for 4 weeks without any relief through natural home remedies. Started to unclog the sinus within 72 hours, and began to be able to clear nose and chest through productive cough and sniffing inward to expel the phlegm. Drink plenty of water and eat/drink plenty of probiotic yogurt to avoid the associated diarrhea and stomach issues that can start. Works great. Found it better than Levaquin and without the severe tendon pain/ripping that was caused in my calves when sleeping. "

The Big Irish Guy (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2014