User Reviews for Cipro

Prostatitis 12 reviews 46 medications

4.1
Summary of Cipro reviews 176 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Cipro

For Bladder Infection "I took Cipro for only three days for a bladder infection. I was left with ankle/tendon pain and diahrrea for three months. I had no clue what was happening to me. Turns out lots have had the same reaction to this class of antibiotic."

Anonymous July 14, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "6-8 years ago, I used to have a UTI every other month. Cipro was my go-to because I'm allergic to most others. It always worked. Haven't had an infection for at least 2-3 years until now- Cipro took care of it 100% in 3 days. It isn't easy on the digestive system, and definitely have to follow all instructions on bottle (don't take with calcium, or before anything fortified with vitamins &minerals and stay out of the sun!), but it works! The things I did to stop getting uti's: no baths, only showers; urinate before and after sex, lots of water and not too many caffeinated drinks, don't try to "hold it" (if you gotta go, then go!). Taking cranberry daily is helpful also."

Charlivvy July 6, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "Cipro caused me to have horrible panic attacks. I have been dealing with anxiety for the last 1.5 years, but had been doing so much better the last 5 months or so. I was prescribed it for a UTI, after my original antibiotic wouldn't be covered by ins. and I couldn't afford it. I will never take it again if I can help it all. It has set me back so much and even though I've finished it up over a week ago I am dealing with worsened anxiety still. I know it was the medication. I haven't been that bad since I started having trouble to begin with. It was awful. I've also had a lot of stomach issues since and can't help but wonder if it was the medication. I think the stuff is like poison for some people!!"

Lynn78 July 6, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "I went to de Dr. With an UTI. I got prescribed the genetic for Cipro 500 mg. first pill i felt fine, secund pild I started to feel a tingling sensation on my forearm and pain on my wrists. Therd pill my arems hurt from the shoulders to the palm of my hands my arms had gotten swollen and I couldn't even stand my watch. I couldn't sleep at night do to the pain on my arms with I thought it was not normal. Next morning befor my next pill i desided to read the side effects of this medication and it say that in some cases it could cause swollen, vomit, nousea, and arm pain. At that moment I stop taking the medication and went baco to my doctor and complain. And i made them to write this med under my allergies so this dosent hapend again."

Auravital July 5, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "I will never take Cipro again. After the 3rd pill, I developed tingling in my hands, legs, and feet. I stopped taking it, but the symptoms still persist. I cannot sleep at night and the tingling is constant. I've read this is called being "floxied" and is more common than you might think. I am seeing a Naturopathic doctor next week to try to reverse these awful side effects. Don't take Cipro!"

trying to stay positive June 18, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "I had UTi for 13 days and I was too much woried about it. it was a very painful expirience when urinate. so I searched out and choose the cipro. I had taken 2 pills 250 Mg in 24 hours. Believe me I had no notice any side effect of this medicine axcept a minor headch and I feel 70% beter then before.It works for me and I hope I will recover 100% with time. scary reviews was scaring me but its different for me Thank God."

Miss sib June 15, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "I had no side effects and it cleared up my infection well! Scary reviews can scare you but don't ever forget YOUR body is different than someone else's therefore drugs can effect you differently than someone else."

Anonymous June 8, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "It was awful. First dose made me itchy, second dose made my face feel swollen then I broke out in sores on my mouth. They had to put me on steroids and someone had to monitor my breathing overnight."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2016

For Kidney Infections "I took Cipro for a UTI. Within 3 doses (1.5 days) I went from walking fine, to having severe pain in my left knee and having to limp. The pain got worse. Finally, I researched Cipro's side effects and found out that it can cause severe damage to tendons. I stopped the medication, but the damage was already done. A year later I had to have surgery to repair some of the damage. Since then I have read other horror cases like mine. Cipro seems to find a weak tendon and strike at it. I will never take this drug again."

Leasey (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "I had a UTI back in 2013 and took one dose of Cipro (250 MG) and within hours it started to clear up and by the following day the UTI was gone. I now have another UTI. I took 1 dose again of the 250 MG pill and after about 7-8 hours, I felt about 60% better. I just now took a 2nd dose. Hopefully this will completely clear it up. I haven't noticed any side effects other than a minor headache. But like I said, I have only take 2 doses at the max."

Melanie Response May 18, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "I have had a uti for about 2 weeks now.. The first week I was prescribed 100mg twice a day of macrobid which did absolutely nothing to my uti. I went in for a physical days after finishing macrobid and was told I still had a uti so I was put on 500 mg of cipro twice a day. Ever since getting on cipro I have had pain everywhere in my body. I now have pain in my leg and behind my knee, I have horrible pain on my right side of my shoulder and neck & I also have a sore feeling all over my chest area.. On top of that I feel as if something on my face is swollen? It does not appear swollen but I fell my tongue is a bit bigger and so are other parts of my face.. This is torture.. I can not wait to get off of this stuf.."

Stay away (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "Kept getting Cipro for UTI's. Would go away and resurface 6 weeks later . Then began the excruciating pain in legs and ankles, brain fog, a whole list of things going wrong. Do your research and only if you are on deaths door agree to take this poison . It may work at first but you are likely to pay months and years later. So not worth it!"

PKO May 14, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "Horrible pain and Nerve damage in my feet after one pill. Couldn't walk normally for over a month and had to roll around in a chair. Turns out I didn't even have the UTI they prescribed it for, but the nerves will still get painful and make walking hard today, which is 6 years later. I wouldn't recommend taking this unless your infection is life threatening!"

Nerve Damage (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2016

For Prostatitis "Cipro is horrible poison and it has had a negative impact on my quality of life. I took 500mg 2x day for prostatitis. On day 5 I developed severe fatigue, brain fog, neuropathy, severe anxiety, and blurred vision. My prescription was for 10 days but I stopped taking it that day. A few days later I developed Achilles tendonitis and was unable to walk for 3 weeks. Recovery has been slow, challenging and expensive; one year later (almost to the day) I am still not recovered although I am better. I learned a painful and expensive lesson: I will never ever again in my life take a fluoroqinolone antibiotic or blindly trust the judgment of an allopathic physician. The not-so-silver lining is it did nothing for my prostatitis."

gman123 May 8, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "I went to the ER last night because of a pulled back muscle that occurred 2 weeks ago...the pain(lower back) was just unbearable! And when the pain also moved up to my kidney I thought "ok something is seriously wrong here...Turns out I had a pretty bad UTI that I didn't know about (NONE of the usual symptoms, pee flow regular, no spotting, etc.) 1st time ever being prescribed Cipro, 500mg 2x a day. Took 1st dose immediately after filling my script(10pm), second one 12hrs later(10am) by morning I had severe dry mouth after taking 2nd dose so I started drinking a Gatorade and immediately started vomiting, my kidney hurts more than it did before going to ER, headache since last night, and I'm only on day 1 :("

K.K. May 2, 2016

For Bacterial Infection "been taking antibiotics for almost 3 month now, cipro for 6 weeks for an apparently antibiotic resistant infection. started on merropenem i.v. (dont know why if its antibiotic resistant) i think doctors do whatever they can with the knowledge they have been given by these companies. which most dont even now of the side effects and say dont believe everything you read on google. but i had diarrhea straight away after the first pill (500mg) i have also had tennis elbow. yet never played any tennis or golf.i have muscular pain in my shoulder and it felt like it popped out or something almost a week ago. and only now i re read the symptoms and the reviews i see others having this problem. i dont trust pharma companies i want to stop taking now"

ryan0 April 20, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "Took just one tablet, I was rushed to hospital I could not even pick my hand up. Sadly someone gave me a 2nd dose in hospital the next day, 20 mins later I went into.. ANAPHYLAXIS SHOCK .. I had 8 Drs round my bed doing so many things. Thank GOD for those 8 Drs ACTING so FAST. Had I not been in hospital that day. I would not be here now to tell my Story. I was told is was a very close call even though I was in hospital. This was a truly Terrifying thing to happen. I am now so scared to take any antibiotic. 18.3.2016"

Cipro202 (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "I Took just one tablet, i was rushed to hospital I could not even pick my hand up. Sadly someone gave me a 2nd dose in hospital the next day, 20 mins later I went into.. ANAPHYLAXIS SHOCK .. I had 8 Drs round my bed doing so many things. Thank GOD for those 8 Drs ACTING so FAST. Had I not been in hospital that day. I would not be here now to tell my Story. I was told is was a very close call even though I was in hospital. This was a truly Terrifying thing to happen. I am now so scared to take any antibiotic. 18.3.2016"

J Adams (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "I had a UTI and was prescribed Cipro (250 mg 2x for 10 days). The pain and frequency went down on day two and after day three, I felt normal. The only side-effect I had was itching."

Walter Gathers March 18, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "Was given a 3 day treatment for a UTI, 250mg every 12 hours. I had let the UTI get really bad before treatment, so my experience may not be representative of someone who catches it early. The horrendous symptoms were gone within a day, but I've just taken my last one and still feel irregular urgency and burning upon urination. Going back to the dr today."

mc223 February 29, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "I took Cipro for a UTI about a year ago and had absolutely no problems. Pain and urgency to pee subsided after the second dose if I recall correctly. Two days ago I felt the symptoms of a UTI creep up on me and today I just started Cipro again. Hoping I have no side effects this time either!"

JessSSSSSSSSSSSSEC February 27, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "I developed foot neuropathy from use of this medicine."

Carona February 26, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "Developed severe reactions to Cipro. Took 250 mg for only two days but developed itching, rash, nausea and headache that lasted days after I stopped taking it."

E. J. February 6, 2016

For Bacterial Infection "I have had bacterial & kidney infections for about 15 yrs off & on & docs have prescribed many different antibiotics to me but Cipro is the only thing that ever worked for me & is strong enough to kill the Bacteria.Cipro is my only hope once my infection starts!"

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) February 5, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "It worked great for me! I took my first pill on Friday night and the pain was gone when I woke up on Saturday morning. What a relief!"

MBBurns (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2016