User Reviews for Cipro

Surgical Prophylaxis

1 review 60 medications
Summary of Cipro reviews 5.8 254 reviews

Reviews for Cipro

For Sinusitis "Cipro antibiotic gave me clostridium difficile colitis ... It was too harsh on the stomach and I was taking it for a sinus infection."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2018

For Sinusitis "First of all I am a Certified Pharmacy Tech, I have taken Cipro so many times in the past for ear infections, UTIs, sinusitis and whatever else. Well that ALL changed! I was taking it for my sinuses and an ear infection. Just about as soon as I swallowed the pill I started breaking out in a rash and welts all over my body. I looked like I had been chemical burn, not to mention the itching! I let the pharmacy manager look at me and she said you are highly allergic to Cipro. I had never had a reaction like that before in the past. I don’t know if they changed up the chemicals to it or what. To this day I can’t even count out Cipro if a patient has a script for it!! I will immediately break out in welts on my hands and start scratching if any of the powder gets on my skin. I can’t even touch the stock bottle it’s that bad."

NotForMe November 15, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "I was on Cipro for a long time with all kinds of negative side effects and the infection just kept recurring. Went to a new doctor, Integrative Medicine, he told me to take d-mannose every morning & every, night one pill. The urinary tract infection cleared up quickly and the only time it got bad again is if I foolishly forget to take the d-mannose. Check it out"

#notthis (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2018

For Pneumonia "I was put on a course of cipro to treat bacterial pneumonia. I have COPD so frequent lung infections are common. I am currently taking 500mg two times a day for two weeks. I have completed one week already. I am not liking the side affects of the antibiotic at all. I was told that this is the only antibiotic that will treat my infection. However; I have also been experiencing severe pounding headaches & tremors. I am not buying that this is the only antibiotic to treat my pneumonia. This is a very dangerous drug that can cause you a lot of problems. As listed in the side affects it can cause you to have tremors & headaches. It can also cause muscle & tendon damage by detaching your tendons & muscles. My advice stay away from this drug it is highly toxic . Find another less toxic antibiotic to treat your infections. Thanks"

nyzki (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2018

For Sinusitis "Pros: Noticed great improvement of my symptoms after only 24 hours and continued to get better each day. Cons: after the second dose started to have loose bowel and stomach pain. Also experienced nightmares and severe insomnia. By the third day, 6th dose, the side effects were much too severe to continue this antibiotic."

Alicia (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "Dr prescribed 500 mg twice a day for 5 days. The UTI was horrible, but I’ve never experienced such horrible side effects from an antibiotic. Nausea was debilitating, I was fighting to keep from vomiting. Couldn’t drive, because it had my head swirling. Headaches too! I stuck with it because the UTI scared me, but after just taking the last dose, I’m still certain my UTI is lingering. Maybe I’m imagining this, but my thinking and moods seem to have been dark. I regret taking this drug"

Nina (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2018

For Diverticulitis "Worked, no obvious side effects. Took the last pills yesterday (Cipro + Flagyl). I have been taking a probiotic as well."

Tom (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2018

For Prostatitis "I was prescribed Cipro for 45 days to combat a prostate infection. I had to stop taking it after about 40 days because I developed a dull pain with spasm in the kidney area. Laid awake last few days with odd headache and because of that discomfort. I can't attribute this change in health to anything but the Cipro. Deploying in 30 days so no time to do testing. Hoping this will go away."

Doug Ott... (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "I get UTI's about once a year (bad enough to cause bleeding). I go to Urgent Care and get Cipro. It works wonders. Within 3-4 hours after taking only one pill the urgency and burning sensations are reduced to a bearable level. After 2 or 3 pills everything feels like normal again. Cipro is great forme. Unfortunately not everyone reacts the same to medications, it might be the worst thing ever for some people, but I've never had any adverse reactions to Cipro."

Sir Shatington (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 26, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "Amazing! I’m 19 from the UK and was getting recurrent UTIs no matter what I did to prevent them. 2 rounds of nitrofurnantion & trimethoprim didn’t do the trick and symptoms were awful and in a lot of pain/discomfort. Was making me soo miserable. Doc put me on week long course of cipro & I felt sooo much better after the 1st dose! So happy! Don’t let the side effects scare you, and to be honest, even if I did happen to get side effects, it is a balancing act of relief or side effects anytime you take meds. Still got a few days left of taking it but I’m so glad how well this has worked in only the first dose! Hoping I never get one of these again and I hope all these bad reviews doesn’t put anyone off lol x"

Peeaftersex (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "Seach up Quinolone Toxicity on the internet before taking this potent drug. I had repeated courses for UTI/Kidney infections from 1993 to 2008. I believe this drug has ruined my life. I have ME/CFS, anxiety/depression, achilles tendinitis of both heels, persistent severe dermatitis. To name just a few. If I had been made aware of the possibility of serious and lifelong side effects I would never had agreed to take this poison. I went from being an energetic sporty person who worked 2 jobs simultaneously because I liked being busy and social, and now to someone who hasn't been able to work since 2002. Don't take ANY of the Quinolone Antibiotics unless it's literally a matter of life or death and you have no other options."

Dundeefruitcake (taken for 10 years or more) July 23, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "Do not take this drug, unless you're near death or exposed to anthrax or contracted the plague; seriously, that's what it's meant for. I took ONE pill of this and developed horrible popping in all joints, knee /leg/shoulder pain. The worst was the ER visit that followed 48 hours later, because I had rapid swelling in the eyes and light sensitivity with blurred vision. Scariest day of my life happened because of ONE pill of this poison. This awful medicine has black box warning from FDA and should not be given for basic infections."

Ker (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "RUN away from this drug as fast as you can, it is extremely dangerous and shouldn't even be approved. People have ended up crippled for life by taking just a few pills! If you just ingested this, I would recommend trying to throw it up, taking TUMS or calcium to counteract it, or drink milk while taking Magnesium so it does not go into your body. Then proceed to calling your physician and give them a telling off for trying to cripple you and not advise on the life destroying side effects reported with this poison. There are other options to fight infection without lifelong issues, unless you are literally dying from an infection, you have NO business taking this Med!"

Anna (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "I have taken this a couple of times and never has it worked. I just can't convince the doctor, so we play his game and I suffer."

Agony (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 12, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "At first I was terrified to use this medication for my UTI based off of reviews. Currently on pill #4 for my UTI and am feeling almost 100% better. No bad side effects from the drug other than a few migraines."

Canada (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2018

For Diverticulitis "This works, but the side effects are horrible. Nausea, vomiting, muscle pain, right-side neck and shoulder pain and stiffness, mental fog and general malaise. This medication has "black box" warnings I was never told, what a mess. Quitting after 5 days and hoping for the best. Nasty stuff! If there is an alternative, they should not even prescribe this stuff!"

Yazmine June 18, 2018

For Bladder Infection "Unfortunately I can no longer take this drug. This has been my go too for years and was always able to “fix me”. I suffer from interstitial cystitis, chronic kidney infections and chronic UTI’s. After 11 days on 500mg 2x a day I found myself in the ER, looks as if the bacteria I have is now resistant to this medication. Please be careful when taking this I know how great it can work but your body can also become rejecting of it as well. It has given me many side affects at times and other times none at all. Best of luck to my fellow sufferers."

Renee June 17, 2018

For Bacterial Infection "2017 FDA Black Box warning issued for Cipro and other fluoroquinolones for severe permanent tendon damage that can take months to show up! Cipro should ONLY be prescribed as a last resort drug but a lot of doctors are unaware! Beware! Read the professional prescribing info on this website for the black box warnings."

Torn tendons (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2018

For Salmonella Gastroenteritis "FDA warns that Cipro should ONLY be taken as a last resort antibiotic for acute exacerbation of chronic bronchitis, acute uncomplicated cystitis, acute sinusitis and only if patients know the high risk of permanent injury from tendon ruptures, especially of the Achilles heel or thumb tendons! Read the FDA advisory (black box warning under professional info for cipro and other fluoroquinolones. You have to be careful because unaware doctors prescribe them for lots of other reasons as a first course antibiotic. Visit the FDA website and check it out! Luckily, I knew of the high danger of Cipro when an ER doc prescribed Cipro for salmonella and I asked him for another antibiotic. "

Catherine (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "This is my 10th day taking 500mg Cipro every day for a UTI. I'm laying in bed with severe pain in my lower stomach. I have noticed side effects ie lethargic, leg pain etc. I still feel like I have to urinate even though I just did. I'm still having the usual symptoms of pressure, pain, and frequency... In fact it feels worse. I have a call into my doctor, but wanted to let it run its course."

G May 3, 2018

For Surgical Prophylaxis "I was prescribed this after having a stent placed in my ureter due to kidney stones. Took as directed, one 500mg tab twice/day for 14 days. By day 3, I could barely tolerate the nausea, bloating, and headaches, but continued to take as prescribed. By day 5, after taking 2nd dose for that day, I started getting a pounding, accelerated heart rate followed by anxiety. Called my urologist office, doctor told me to stop taking the cipro immediately, so now its on my allergy list."

Net (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "I'm 67 & have a sulfameth resistant UTI so my Doc next put me on cipro and after 5 days all symptoms have disappeared. I was very worried about the reported side effects but aside from some joint pain, I've had no problem. I will be completing my 10 day run of this drug to hopefully knock this infection out for good!"

Dana (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2018

For Diverticulitis "I took it twice, once in August and again in December. Since this drug is so strong it stays in your body for a long time. I ended up with Kidney Failure and ended up Hospitalized! Very scary, I was close to going on dialysis. Never, ever taking this drug again!"

Lmp (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 22, 2018

For Prostatitis "I've been on it 1000mg day for 21 days, have nausea, dizziness but is working on taking away pain and pressure. I have 10 more days to go."

joe April 22, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "I took 1 Cipro 2 hours later so much pain in my stomach... I thought I would have had to go to the ER"

Stomackaxke April 11, 2018