User Reviews for Cipro

Surgical Prophylaxis

1 review 60 medications
Summary of Cipro reviews 5.7 263 reviews

Reviews for Cipro

For Bladder Infection "I was given Cipro as I was leaving a hospital where I was treated for a bladder infection. I became confused and nauseous after being on it for 1.5 days and stopped taking it. A little over a week later, I could hardly walk and felt like I had electricity running down my legs. That was followed by stabbing pains in hands and feet, prickling sensations all over my body and patches of burning sensations on my arms, legs and back. It's now almost a year later and I have had to deal with this horror 24/7. Only when I developed overactive bladder along with the neuropathy did I learn Cipro can cause all of my symptoms. My urologist told me this based on my medical history and notifications sent by the FDA to him and other physicians."

Mease June 16, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection "I have constant UTI's and on a daily regimen of Hiprex, cranberry (TheraCran) and vitamin C per the doctor. I normally take Macro-bid and works great, this time they gave me Cipro for 7 days, it took at least 4 pills to stop the burning and urgency. I am on my last dose today, after 7 days I am exhausted. I have no more UTI symptoms but the tiredness is a lot of handle. You get an antibiotic to feel better but I can't wait to finish this to get my energy back."

MomsTaxi (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection "The Cipro has seemed to get rid of the UTI that I had but now I have terrible tendinitis to the point where I can barely get out of bed in the morning or walk."

Matthew (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection "I was given ciprofloxacin when I was 18 as a cure for my UTI, that wasn't a bad one. The UTI went away but I was left with constant nausea, abdominal pains, lost of appetite for multiple days, and chills and fever at night, making it impossible to sleep, so the Cipro had the hideous long-term side effects. Cipro is the worst medications I’ve ever been prescribed, and should be taken off the market. This drug is so awful. It has altered my stomach and it’s sensitivity for life. :( This drug sent me to the ER, and was fed through an IV for 2-3 days. HORRIBLE!"

Ash (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2019

For Bladder Infection "I took Cipro for a bladder infection which gave me severe burning pain, depression and dark thoughts. I now have severe tendon and joint pains to the extreme that doctors are diagnosing me with chronic arthritis, severe tendonitis, and there are days I can't walk. The FDA has double black box warning. NOT good, do YOUR research. This Cipro can change your life over night. I never, ever had joint pain until my doctor was careless the day he prescribed this - the double black box warning had been issued so prescribers take more care. His staff never paid attention and here I am living with the consequences. RESEARCH CIPRO, you will be well informed and trust me you could save your own life. Doctors prescribe but it is YOUR health so be informed"

Eli (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2019

For Prostatitis "I used Bactrim for a month for my prostatitis, but I didn't feel any better. I went to another Dr and prescribed me Cipro. It's been 5 days since I started using this medication and it seems to be working. As a side effects it gave me a diarrhea but I just ignore it, I feel much better than before."

Ken (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2019

For Diverticulitis "DO NOT TAKE THIS POISON! I was given Cipro for Diverticulitis 2 years ago. Please read every precaution & side effect of this drug. It effects your DNA, and never leaves your body. My right leg went into a spasm, I couldn't walk for over a month.! The tendons and ligaments in my ankles, knees, thumbs, neck and back started cracking , which has caused a crippling affect to this day. All the toes in my left foot are numb. It has changed my life and I still have depressing days. My advice is never take this drug, you will never be the same! Just research Floxie Hope to see how many others have been affected"

PES (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection "This medication worked quickly for me and I had no side effects. I took 500mg for 7 days. I had a horrible UTI where my urine smelled absolutely rancid. Within 48hrs this medication took away the terrible smell and provided me relief. I’m so grateful, thank you!"

Molly (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2019

For Kidney Infections "I have taken 5 of the 500 mg so far for a kidney infection so far I have had no side affects and the pain in my back area of kidneys is gone. I am feeling better but was very worried about what I have read on side affect but I will continue to take my dose 2 times a day for 7 days total at this point ."

RJ (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2019

For Sinusitis "Cipro antibiotic gave me clostridium difficile colitis ... It was too harsh on the stomach and I was taking it for a sinus infection."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2018

For Sinusitis "First of all I am a Certified Pharmacy Tech, I have taken Cipro so many times in the past for ear infections, UTIs, sinusitis and whatever else. Well that ALL changed! I was taking it for my sinuses and an ear infection. Just about as soon as I swallowed the pill I started breaking out in a rash and welts all over my body. I looked like I had been chemical burn, not to mention the itching! I let the pharmacy manager look at me and she said you are highly allergic to Cipro. I had never had a reaction like that before in the past. I don’t know if they changed up the chemicals to it or what. To this day I can’t even count out Cipro if a patient has a script for it!! I will immediately break out in welts on my hands and start scratching if any of the powder gets on my skin. I can’t even touch the stock bottle it’s that bad."

NotForMe November 15, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "I was on Cipro for a long time with all kinds of negative side effects and the infection just kept recurring. Went to a new doctor, Integrative Medicine, he told me to take d-mannose every morning & every, night one pill. The urinary tract infection cleared up quickly and the only time it got bad again is if I foolishly forget to take the d-mannose. Check it out"

#notthis (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2018

For Pneumonia "I was put on a course of cipro to treat bacterial pneumonia. I have COPD so frequent lung infections are common. I am currently taking 500mg two times a day for two weeks. I have completed one week already. I am not liking the side affects of the antibiotic at all. I was told that this is the only antibiotic that will treat my infection. However; I have also been experiencing severe pounding headaches & tremors. I am not buying that this is the only antibiotic to treat my pneumonia. This is a very dangerous drug that can cause you a lot of problems. As listed in the side affects it can cause you to have tremors & headaches. It can also cause muscle & tendon damage by detaching your tendons & muscles. My advice stay away from this drug it is highly toxic . Find another less toxic antibiotic to treat your infections. Thanks"

nyzki (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2018

For Sinusitis "Pros: Noticed great improvement of my symptoms after only 24 hours and continued to get better each day. Cons: after the second dose started to have loose bowel and stomach pain. Also experienced nightmares and severe insomnia. By the third day, 6th dose, the side effects were much too severe to continue this antibiotic."

Alicia (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "Dr prescribed 500 mg twice a day for 5 days. The UTI was horrible, but I’ve never experienced such horrible side effects from an antibiotic. Nausea was debilitating, I was fighting to keep from vomiting. Couldn’t drive, because it had my head swirling. Headaches too! I stuck with it because the UTI scared me, but after just taking the last dose, I’m still certain my UTI is lingering. Maybe I’m imagining this, but my thinking and moods seem to have been dark. I regret taking this drug"

Nina (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2018

For Diverticulitis "Worked, no obvious side effects. Took the last pills yesterday (Cipro + Flagyl). I have been taking a probiotic as well."

Tom (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2018

For Prostatitis "I was prescribed Cipro for 45 days to combat a prostate infection. I had to stop taking it after about 40 days because I developed a dull pain with spasm in the kidney area. Laid awake last few days with odd headache and because of that discomfort. I can't attribute this change in health to anything but the Cipro. Deploying in 30 days so no time to do testing. Hoping this will go away."

Doug Ott... (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "I get UTI's about once a year (bad enough to cause bleeding). I go to Urgent Care and get Cipro. It works wonders. Within 3-4 hours after taking only one pill the urgency and burning sensations are reduced to a bearable level. After 2 or 3 pills everything feels like normal again. Cipro is great forme. Unfortunately not everyone reacts the same to medications, it might be the worst thing ever for some people, but I've never had any adverse reactions to Cipro."

Sir Shatington (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 26, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "Amazing! I’m 19 from the UK and was getting recurrent UTIs no matter what I did to prevent them. 2 rounds of nitrofurnantion & trimethoprim didn’t do the trick and symptoms were awful and in a lot of pain/discomfort. Was making me soo miserable. Doc put me on week long course of cipro & I felt sooo much better after the 1st dose! So happy! Don’t let the side effects scare you, and to be honest, even if I did happen to get side effects, it is a balancing act of relief or side effects anytime you take meds. Still got a few days left of taking it but I’m so glad how well this has worked in only the first dose! Hoping I never get one of these again and I hope all these bad reviews doesn’t put anyone off lol x"

Peeaftersex (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "Seach up Quinolone Toxicity on the internet before taking this potent drug. I had repeated courses for UTI/Kidney infections from 1993 to 2008. I believe this drug has ruined my life. I have ME/CFS, anxiety/depression, achilles tendinitis of both heels, persistent severe dermatitis. To name just a few. If I had been made aware of the possibility of serious and lifelong side effects I would never had agreed to take this poison. I went from being an energetic sporty person who worked 2 jobs simultaneously because I liked being busy and social, and now to someone who hasn't been able to work since 2002. Don't take ANY of the Quinolone Antibiotics unless it's literally a matter of life or death and you have no other options."

Dundeefruitcake (taken for 10 years or more) July 23, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "Do not take this drug, unless you're near death or exposed to anthrax or contracted the plague; seriously, that's what it's meant for. I took ONE pill of this and developed horrible popping in all joints, knee /leg/shoulder pain. The worst was the ER visit that followed 48 hours later, because I had rapid swelling in the eyes and light sensitivity with blurred vision. Scariest day of my life happened because of ONE pill of this poison. This awful medicine has black box warning from FDA and should not be given for basic infections."

Ker (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "RUN away from this drug as fast as you can, it is extremely dangerous and shouldn't even be approved. People have ended up crippled for life by taking just a few pills! If you just ingested this, I would recommend trying to throw it up, taking TUMS or calcium to counteract it, or drink milk while taking Magnesium so it does not go into your body. Then proceed to calling your physician and give them a telling off for trying to cripple you and not advise on the life destroying side effects reported with this poison. There are other options to fight infection without lifelong issues, unless you are literally dying from an infection, you have NO business taking this Med!"

Anna (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "I have taken this a couple of times and never has it worked. I just can't convince the doctor, so we play his game and I suffer."

Agony (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 12, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "At first I was terrified to use this medication for my UTI based off of reviews. Currently on pill #4 for my UTI and am feeling almost 100% better. No bad side effects from the drug other than a few migraines."

Canada (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2018

For Diverticulitis "This works, but the side effects are horrible. Nausea, vomiting, muscle pain, right-side neck and shoulder pain and stiffness, mental fog and general malaise. This medication has "black box" warnings I was never told, what a mess. Quitting after 5 days and hoping for the best. Nasty stuff! If there is an alternative, they should not even prescribe this stuff!"

Yazmine June 18, 2018

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)