User Reviews for Cipro

Salmonella Gastroenteritis 1.0
Summary of Cipro reviews 5.3 289 reviews

Reviews for Cipro

yaah May 19, 2020

For Urinary Tract Infection: “Cipro didn't work for my UTI, took it for seven days, every 12 hours.”

Monic · Taken for less than 1 month April 9, 2020

For Kidney Infections: “Cipro didn't work at all for mu kidney infection I might be resistant because I had taken it and then discontinued because it because it added to the psychosis that meningitis gave me. It is an awful medication.”

Rusty · Taken for less than 1 month March 14, 2020

For Urinary Tract Infection: “Cipro was terrible. Was given an 8 day supply for an UTI and started having sharp joint/leg pain on day 6. For the next 15 days I have problems walking because the pain. I will never take it again!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month February 16, 2020

For Urinary Tract Infection: “At 52 got my first UTI and I can say it was absolutely awful; ended up in ER because symptoms seemed to come fast and severe. Was prescribed 500 mg ciproflaxen 2X a day for 7 days. Within 4 hours I started to feel better. Pain and urgency to urinate decreased dramatically. (Thought it was in my head....how could it work so fast?). No side effects. Rarely on antibiotics which is maybe why it works so well for me.”

Tommy · Taken for less than 1 month February 2, 2020

For Urinary Tract Infection: “Cipro was very effective in treating my bladder infection after another antibiotic failed to work at all. Within 24 hours my fever and pain had subsided and I was feeling much better. Cipro works great!”

HL33 · Taken for less than 1 month January 31, 2020

For Urinary Tract Infection: “Prescribed Cipro every 12 hours for a urinary infection, but only took 3 doses as my side effect felt terrible. I had the worse headache I’ve ever felt. IT felt like there was so much pressure in my head that it could explode. My muscles started to ache and my body would tingle. I had absolutely no energy, and felt like my brain wasn’t even working, and like I was in a different body. Complete disconnect from reality. Troubles staying asleep at night, and just laid awake in pain. Back pain, neck stiffness, and my vision blurred. Worst thing I have ever experienced. Called my doctor before I was suppose to take next dose to get something new and instantly felt better. Praying to God this new one works without the side effect as I’m terrified to feel that way ever again.”

C January 25, 2020

For Urinary Tract Infection: “I unfortunately got a UTI during a trip in Bali and was prescribed cipro 500 for a 10 day course from a clinic here. My dr back home said try it for 3 days and if I still have problems push it to 5 days. I HATE taking meds, so after reading a ton of reviews and side effects for this drug I was very hesitant to take it. I waited 3 days until I couldn’t take it anymore and was in unbearable pain to finally start the course. I felt so much better day 1 and fortunately day 3 I’m feeling back to normal and luckily no major side effects except slight itchiness all over within the first few hours and a little bit of chest pressure (probably anxiety from taking this!) I actually felt more alert than normal. I’m going to stop today and hopefully will remain feeling good. I am rating this an 8 because it’s a heavy duty antibiotic and I think there are other choices I could’ve taken that aren’t as strong, for an uncomplicated uti- but that’s all they had available here.”

Gilda · Taken for less than 1 month January 22, 2020

For Diverticulitis: “I was given Cipro for mild uncomplicated Diverticulitis. Not only did it not help, but it caused me to be drug resistant and I got the Super Bug, C Dificile. That nearly was the end of me. The infectious disease doctor said people should stay away from Cipro. It is causing serious issues!”

Rutie · Taken for less than 1 month January 6, 2020

For Urinary Tract Infection: “Took Cipro two separate times for UTI but still had the infection after completing each course exactly as prescribed. I avoided dairy per instructions and took each tablet 12 hours apart. Both times after Cipro failed, my doctor then prescribed a three day course of Levaquin which worked perfectly.”

Death · Taken for less than 1 month December 2, 2019

For Kidney Infections: “I’m on cipro rn for a kidney infection, and I have never felt so awful. My kidney infection didn’t even hurt this bad. Since starting it 3 days ago I have had the worst migraine ever, the only relief I got was when it was just before the time to take it again, I been trying so hard not to cry cause that makes it so much worst. I’m calling my doctor today because I can’t do this no more. I’m about to go crazy.”

Max November 8, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: “I took my second Cipro pill today out of 7 days dosage. Burning sensation almost disappeared and as well as the bladder pressure. However the back pain is still strong. Side effects: diarrhea, weakness and sleeping problems but it’s tolerable Will come back with an update on day 3”

Penny · Taken for less than 1 month October 17, 2019

For Salmonella Gastroenteritis: “22yr old female, got prescribed Cipro for stomach flu symptoms without testing what the cause actually was. Had pretty bad side effects- nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, chills, couldn't sleep at night. Ended up going to the ER because I got dehydrated and couldn't stop throwing up :( Wouldn't recommend unless you get tested and it's the only alternative.”

Mom of 4 too October 16, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: “Hi I just read mom of 4 and I also have had a UTI for 8 months straight. I have been in 8 rounds of antibiotics and nothing is completely ridding me of my UTI I did a CT scan and MRI and blood work and all is clear. I’m on cipro again and this round also seems to not be working. Is this the end where you just have a UTI till you get sepsis or an antibiotic resistant infection? Is there hope?”

Momof4 · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 7, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: “I'm 28 and since I have had my first baby I have had nonstop UTIs. They have prescribed cipro almost every time and now the last several times cipro has only reduced my UTI symptoms for a matter of days before it comes back full swing. I've had this current UTI for years now and somehow have not gotten sepsis by now. It's always the same e-coli when cultured, even the same exact number every time. I hope there's something else that will work for me soon. I'm tired of the symptoms and kidney pain.”

Leigh · Taken for less than 1 month October 4, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: “This drug (Cipro) caused me irreversible joint damage after 2 pills, it also caused weakness, high blood pressure and mental changes. I was weak and unstable for months after use. Years later I still have joint damage. I would NOT recommend, even though it did clear my UTI. This drug should be used as a last resort, only in life or death situation when permanent joint damage is better than the alternative.”

Imnotreal September 18, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: “The Cipro worked perfectly to kill off a UTI with a 10 day course, 2 tablet per day regimen.”

Ohma · Taken for less than 1 month September 4, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: “Took cipro and almost instantly had horrid diarrhea for hours.”

big daddy September 3, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: “when I get a urinary tract infection the doc will send it for a test-and then he will prescribe the correct antibiotic to treat the specific bacteria. You are just guessing when you get a prescription with out your urine being tested first.”

Michelle · Taken for less than 1 month September 1, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: “I have been taking cipro for 9 days for a UTI and on the 9 day I woke up to red place and swelling on top of my foot now every muscle in my body hurts along with chills and fever in my foot. ”

Dave · Taken for less than 1 month August 23, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: “I was prescribed a 10 day course of cipro, 2 pills a day for suspected UTI/prostatitis. Within hours of the first dose the constant urge to urinate went away completely. Unfortunately the symptoms came back within 12 hours of my last dose so the Cipro was unable to clear the infection. That said I experienced zero side effects while taking it. 40y.o. Male.”

Relief Please · Taken for less than 1 month July 31, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: “I’ve suffered from recurring UTIs all my life. I can’t take cephalosporins because of allergies or macrobid because it caused gastric bleeding (talk about making things worse...). Cipro has worked like a charm for me every time, with no side effects. For some reason doctors always say Cipro isn’t their first choice for UTIs, but since I’m allergic to the usual go-to’s, this works for me. I’ve had some doctors provide a 3-day course, others 7-day. I would ask about dosage. Seems to me there are some doctors who overmedicate, particularly urgent care. My doc always prescribes 3-day. Urgent care has always given 7. Worth asking, is all I’m saying. As someone who got allergic to some antibiotics by taking them too much (for UTIs), I’m always nervous about taking extra antibiotics than needed, but be careful to get a drs opinion - don’t stop early or you can end up with bigger problems (like a recurring infection that’s now immune to that antibiotic)”

macandrea July 28, 2019

For Bacterial Infection: “Without a CT or any proper diagnosis of diverticulitis, based on symptoms I was prescribed Cipro twice a day for 10 days. On day 3 I woke in a panic early in the morning thinking I was dying with the worst feeling of panic and terror I have ever felt. Day 4 was worse. I looked up the side effects after the 8th pill (evening day 4) and every single bizarre symptom I was having including the panic attacks and psychiatric systems, neuropathy, major abdominal pain and worsened diarrhea were there . Terrified, I decided to stop the medication immediately. I had no idea that I had just been poisoned by a Fluoroquinolone. 2 months later I had a CT scan that said NO Diverticulitis. Fluoroquinolones are extremely dangerous, as ear drops and as pills and should be pulled off the market. Doctors who prescribe these pills that make us sick and destroy our lives don't take any responsibility or apologize or help with the multitude of side effects and permanent damage.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 25, 2019

For Diverticulitis: “I have taken Cipro for bronchitis numerous times & I am now taking it for diverticulitis. I have never had any bad side effects from taking it. It has always worked for me.”

Ravi July 24, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: “I was poisoned by this medication. It got rid of my infection but at the risk of my health. After four days of taking it my knees started hurting and it went to my elbows. After I stopped taking it ( a year ago) I was in terrible chronic pain and I’m still fighting off the symptoms of flouriquinalone toxicity syndrome till this day. I am a artist and I couldn't draw for months and I couldn’t make money . Worst part of it is I still can’t get any answers. I rather have my UTI back then Ever take this again.”

CB · Taken for less than 1 month July 14, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: “I was diagnosed with a UTI and, despite my doctor knowing I currently have a ruptured Achilles’ tendon AND that Cipro’s side effect is torn tendons, she prescribed it. And, when I told her all this she just said, “Take it anyway”. My ankle doctor said DO NOT TAKE CIPRO... he has so many patients who have take. It and then needed surgery for torn tendons. Stay away from this drug!”