User Reviews for Cipro

4.2
Infection Prophylaxis 1 reviews 24 medications

Summary of Cipro reviews 209 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Cipro

For Bacterial Infection "I was diagnosed with an abdominal infection after stool testing. I took ONE pill and ended up in the ER. Within minutes of swallowing Cipro, my lips started to swell—then my eyes and whole face followed. My throat started getting scratchy so I went to the ER because I was scared my throat would swell to the point that I couldn't breathe. After this incident, I thoroughly researched Cipro and along with other drugs in its class—I will never take any of them. They are so scary. Yes, it's true that any drug can cause harm, but these drugs carry a much greater risk. Much greater."

CP1.2 (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection "I was lucky enough to get most of the side effects from this drug. For the first two weeks, I lost my ability to walk. My entire body went numb (including my face), I had crippling anxiety, insane nightmares, and all of my major tendons were damaged. I had so much fatigue that I slept 18hrs a day. Thankfully, I was only sick for four months, but I lost my job and had to move back in with my parents. Now, I am okay. 0/10 would recommend. Even if you don't get a reaction the first time you take it, it is NOT WORTH TAKING. My friend's achilles heels ruptured after her fifteenth round having no problems before that. Take another antibiotic or eat some garlic. I had $3000 in med bills"

MIVP (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection "I'm a 25 year old woman and I was prescribed cipro for a UTI. I got 250mg twice daily for three days. I got this yesterday and today I've taken three pills in total. I have a horrid fear of vomiting, I become suicidal when I think I'm going to be sick. So I'm very particular and paranoid about my antibiotics. I usually respond well to antibiotics but not this! I didn't vomit, thank goodness but three pills in and I'm lightheaded, light sensitive, bloated like no other, abdominal pain and kinda nauseous, itchy and muscle pain. Not to mention my anxiety is sky high! I'm writing this before my current panic attack makes me unable to write. Hope these side effects leave and don't stay! Very paranoid!"

Spooks April 5, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Prostatitis "I was to take Cipro for a prostate problem for weeks. I took for approximately two weeks and Achilles in my left leg ruptured completely. This event has changed my life in a very negative way. In 2014 the drug description listed near the end it may weaken tendons. In 2015 the informational sheet list at the top, will cause weakness or rupture of tendons in adults over 60 years of age. In December 20, 2015 I lost my balance in my garage attic, hit my head on a rafter, knocked me out and a feel thru the Attic floor. 12' and broke my back. I now have 2 -8" rods & 8 screws. My wound on my leg still hadn't healed so in November 2016 I had the permanent stitch in my Achilles removed, it was infected."

Bob Yingst March 30, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Kidney Infections "I am not stranger to antibiotics for U.T.I. infections. Just 2 weeks ago was subscribed Cipro the normal is 3 day. This medication did not help me I even got worse with the spasms, frequency and burning. I'm not saying the medication made it worse just saying it doesn't work. I'm on something different and waiting on a culture since my problem got much worse."

Grandmom#1 March 15, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection "I had a mild UTI that I was trying to treat naturally, but it didn't go away. So, I was forced to try an antibiotic. I was prescribed Cipro for 5 days. I had no side effects at all and felt 100% by day 3. I continued taking them through the 5th day even though all symptoms were already gone."

Del1979 February 12, 2017

41 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection "This drug, like so many countless victims before me, has so effectively degraded my quality of life that I simply lack words to describe how important it is to be cautious before consumption of this deadly poison. I had a simple UTI at the age of 17; two weeks later my head began to throb and tingle. My hands were in so much unexplainable pain. I had never experienced anything like this at all before in my life. Also, I had just recently triumphed over a five year battle with anorexia, going from 76 lbs to 105lbs - looking forward to a healthy future. Now, I experience this nonstop, chronic pain all over my body. I am only 18. Definitely a 0.5 out of 10, to be quite honest with you lot."

Jaina Sedek February 1, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Kidney Infections "Second time I am taking this. I am on day 4 of a 5-day prescription. The only side effect I seem to have is an occasional kidney spasm on the right, but who is to say that the medication is causing it? The only thing I would say is that you should always eat something prior to taking your dosage. I forgot once and had a stomach ache for about 30 minutes. I think many people imagine some side effects because they read forums like this and then imagine every little itch is a side effect and they become paranoid. I believe this is a good fast acting medication and I have had no yeast infections from this either, when almost every other antibiotic I have taken did result in yeast infections. I guess I am lucky."

groot77 January 31, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection "Despite all the side effects that are plaguing other users, I believe Cipro is worth a try - it is the most effective antibiotic I have been prescribed for UTI, and I experience little to no side effects. The only time I tried to take Macrobid, I experienced fever, nausea, muscle pain, dizziness, and had to call in sick to work last-minute because I'd slept through the whole day prior. So considering alternatives, I trust Cipro for MY use."

SavSav January 23, 2017

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection "Terrible fatigue and dizziness. Stomach cramps"

VLM-53 January 18, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection "I was panicked reading all these reviews but it worked great for me and got rid of my Uti after 3 other useless antibiotics. Bit of usual antibiotic side effects eg stomach pain but nothing really bad and nothing that lasted."

Katiekatt (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2017

40 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection "I had UTI two years ago, I had prescribed myself Cipro. It was very painful UTI. I felt better within less than 24 hours. CIPRO is amazing antibiotic for UTI. I never had any side effects. Reading others experience is scary. I am currently on cipro again since yesterday because I have UTI again. 500 mg every 12 hours. I had 3 pills so far. No noticeable side effects. If don't feel improvement yet. I hope my UTI clear up completely by end of the treatment course (5 days)."

Big beast (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2016

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection "I get chronic UTI's and kidney infections. I recently found out that my chronic infections have led to scarring of my left kidney and both ureters so I go in for a cystoscopy and Videourodynamics in December. Cipro is the only thing that works for me. It works fast too. I usually get bad headaches with this medicine, but I am prone to headaches as well...lucky me. I always make sure I take good probiotics when I am on this medicine to replenish the gut flora. Bactrim is weak and never works...Cipro is the only thing that works for me and my body. Everyone's body is different so do your research and talk to your doctor about your concerns."

Annie BananaHead November 17, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "work well for arm but arm started swelling"

ginlou (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection "Before taking Cipro I was a powerlifter after taking Cipro I was left unable to walk. MY tendon's are torn and I don't know if I will ever have my life back. I am currently in a wheel chair."

Sam FJ (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2016

40 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diverticulitis "Taking Cipro made me almost sicker than the bout of pain. I couldn't function, slept most of every day. Developed thrush, heavily coated tongue. Staggering when walking, off balance at times, thinking process was not normal, crying jags for no reason. This drug in the class of quinolones causes CNS problems. I will never take another in that class. Diarrhea was continuing days after the 10 day course was done. Read Cipro can actually cause C. difficile and Immodium can aggravate that! It's been one month since I started the ten day course of Cipro and still having side effects of CNS."

M E P October 22, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Prostatitis "Took this for 4 weeks I'm 46 and regularly Do some form of excersise walking etc had no noticeable side effects and after doing some research combined milking of the Prostate , 1 or two times a day for about 1 week .. five months later and all good .have had no problems since I would recommend this medication"

David Ako October 16, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis "Took Cipro for a sinus infection. Six days in I couldn't rotate my forearms. 3 years later, numerous doctors, two surgeries and my arms are practically useless. FDA black box warning on it people. Google the drug. Do not ever take, fluoroquinolones are poison. They were originally developed to give to soldiers exposed to Anthrax. And try to never take generic. US Supreme Court says if you do you are not allowed to sue the original drug manufacturer OR the generic company you used. This drug ruined my life."

Mike from NY October 15, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Kidney Infections "I took Cipro having suffered a UTI from the Mirena Coil that wouldn't clear. As with all medications the side affects depending on the individual can be horrendous. I suffered swellings, hives, a horrendous red rash on both under arms that left my skin damaged. The next side affect was tendonitis in both my ankles that left me unable to walk. I was told that the tablet reacted to the sun Id factor 50 just sitting on the patio for a half an hour and got burned. A nightmare"

Morelanddylan (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection "Cipro works well for me without incurring any noticeable negative side effects. Strangely though, I get many of the terrible side effects described by some here when taking levofloxacin - the insomnia, the crippling panic attacks, etc. It just goes to show, I suppose, how differently these meds affect different individuals."

her der September 22, 2016

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Kidney Infections "I'm no stranger to antibiotics. I've taken many different kinds. I've had side effects to them all, but Cipro was absolutely the worst. I was prescribed 500 mg twice daily for a kidney infection (klebsiella). I could not get passed 3 days. My tendons and joints hurt so bad. I can barely walk as of this morning. I'm terrified it may be permanent. It worked against the infection, but destroyed my joints. Please, get a urine culture and see what antibiotics your bacteria will respond to and choose anything but Cipro or any other fluoroqinolones. These side effects can be permanent, or at least last a long time, maybe even a year!"

Michelleagain (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis "Ended up with hospital stay from Cipro... Years ago Mom ended up in the hospital in renal failure due to Cipro."

No taker September 3, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Infection Prophylaxis "DO NOT USE THIS DRUG. I used it for post vasectomy infection prevention Horrible drug with crazy side effects. I can't believe that this is legal to prescribe except for emergencies. I only took 2 pills and 3 days later I still have aches and pains in joints all over my body. Joints are stiff and I have to walk slowly. Now I have to worry about a possible tendon rupture even months from now. I also have tinnitus (ringing in my ears) which is CONSTANT. After taking the very first pill I felt light-headed, out-of-it and almost passed out. I should never have taken the 2nd. This drug is insanely overpowered and should only be used if there is no alternative. It attacks your joints, tendons, muscles, digestive tract and nervous system."

Post Vasectomy Pain (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection "The severe side effect after only 2nd pill of cramps in calves, legs and shoulders were not worth the medications use. Very scary. No one told me the damage could be permanent, not dr or pharmacy- this should be advised up front. Will never use again."

Moose1999 August 24, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection "Neuropathy and about 25 different side effects dealing with neuropathy that lasted over 2 years. Stay away from this drug"

Amber0411 (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2016