User Reviews for Cipro

4.4
Infection Prophylaxis 1 reviews 24 medications

Summary of Cipro reviews 198 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Cipro

For Urinary Tract Infection "I had UTI two years ago, I had prescribed myself Cipro. It was very painful UTI. I felt better within less than 24 hours. CIPRO is amazing antibiotic for UTI. I never had any side effects. Reading others experience is scary. I am currently on cipro again since yesterday because I have UTI again. 500 mg every 12 hours. I had 3 pills so far. No noticeable side effects. If don't feel improvement yet. I hope my UTI clear up completely by end of the treatment course (5 days)."

Big beast (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "I get chronic UTI's and kidney infections. I recently found out that my chronic infections have led to scarring of my left kidney and both ureters so I go in for a cystoscopy and Videourodynamics in December. Cipro is the only thing that works for me. It works fast too. I usually get bad headaches with this medicine, but I am prone to headaches as well...lucky me. I always make sure I take good probiotics when I am on this medicine to replenish the gut flora. Bactrim is weak and never works...Cipro is the only thing that works for me and my body. Everyone's body is different so do your research and talk to your doctor about your concerns."

Annie BananaHead November 17, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "work well for arm but arm started swelling"

ginlou (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "Before taking Cipro I was a powerlifter after taking Cipro I was left unable to walk. MY tendon's are torn and I don't know if I will ever have my life back. I am currently in a wheel chair."

Sam FJ (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2016

For Diverticulitis "Taking Cipro made me almost sicker than the bout of pain. I couldn't function, slept most of every day. Developed thrush, heavily coated tongue. Staggering when walking, off balance at times, thinking process was not normal, crying jags for no reason. This drug in the class of quinolones causes CNS problems. I will never take another in that class. Diarrhea was continuing days after the 10 day course was done. Read Cipro can actually cause C. difficile and Immodium can aggravate that! It's been one month since I started the ten day course of Cipro and still having side effects of CNS."

M E P October 22, 2016

For Prostatitis "Took this for 4 weeks I'm 46 and regularly Do some form of excersise walking etc had no noticeable side effects and after doing some research combined milking of the Prostate , 1 or two times a day for about 1 week .. five months later and all good .have had no problems since I would recommend this medication"

David Ako October 16, 2016

For Sinusitis "Took Cipro for a sinus infection. Six days in I couldn't rotate my forearms. 3 years later, numerous doctors, two surgeries and my arms are practically useless. FDA black box warning on it people. Google the drug. Do not ever take, fluoroquinolones are poison. They were originally developed to give to soldiers exposed to Anthrax. And try to never take generic. US Supreme Court says if you do you are not allowed to sue the original drug manufacturer OR the generic company you used. This drug ruined my life."

Mike from NY October 15, 2016

For Kidney Infections "I took Cipro having suffered a UTI from the Mirena Coil that wouldn't clear. As with all medications the side affects depending on the individual can be horrendous. I suffered swellings, hives, a horrendous red rash on both under arms that left my skin damaged. The next side affect was tendonitis in both my ankles that left me unable to walk. I was told that the tablet reacted to the sun Id factor 50 just sitting on the patio for a half an hour and got burned. A nightmare"

Morelanddylan (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "Cipro works well for me without incurring any noticeable negative side effects. Strangely though, I get many of the terrible side effects described by some here when taking levofloxacin - the insomnia, the crippling panic attacks, etc. It just goes to show, I suppose, how differently these meds affect different individuals."

her der September 22, 2016

For Kidney Infections "I'm no stranger to antibiotics. I've taken many different kinds. I've had side effects to them all, but Cipro was absolutely the worst. I was prescribed 500 mg twice daily for a kidney infection (klebsiella). I could not get passed 3 days. My tendons and joints hurt so bad. I can barely walk as of this morning. I'm terrified it may be permanent. It worked against the infection, but destroyed my joints. Please, get a urine culture and see what antibiotics your bacteria will respond to and choose anything but Cipro or any other fluoroqinolones. These side effects can be permanent, or at least last a long time, maybe even a year!"

Michelleagain (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2016

For Sinusitis "Ended up with hospital stay from Cipro... Years ago Mom ended up in the hospital in renal failure due to Cipro."

No taker September 3, 2016

For Infection Prophylaxis "DO NOT USE THIS DRUG. I used it for post vasectomy infection prevention Horrible drug with crazy side effects. I can't believe that this is legal to prescribe except for emergencies. I only took 2 pills and 3 days later I still have aches and pains in joints all over my body. Joints are stiff and I have to walk slowly. Now I have to worry about a possible tendon rupture even months from now. I also have tinnitus (ringing in my ears) which is CONSTANT. After taking the very first pill I felt light-headed, out-of-it and almost passed out. I should never have taken the 2nd. This drug is insanely overpowered and should only be used if there is no alternative. It attacks your joints, tendons, muscles, digestive tract and nervous system."

Post Vasectomy Pain (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2016

For Bacterial Infection "The severe side effect after only 2nd pill of cramps in calves, legs and shoulders were not worth the medications use. Very scary. No one told me the damage could be permanent, not dr or pharmacy- this should be advised up front. Will never use again."

Moose1999 August 24, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "Neuropathy and about 25 different side effects dealing with neuropathy that lasted over 2 years. Stay away from this drug"

Amber0411 (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "It is good for UTI but it's not good for the body at all!! the second day I started having muscle problems, sleeping problems, anxiety..."

Xime3778 August 23, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "Unfortunately I get UTI's more often than I should. I have taken a 10 day prescription of Cipro, 500mg every 12 hours for a bad UTI, and I couldn't get past 5 days of it. I was just prescribed Cipro, one 500mg pill (because my doctor believed that this medications side effects were too common and powerful). Within 24 hours, my UTI symptoms cleared up BUT, in the past two nights, I have barely slept. I have bad stomach cramping and diarrhea. And headaches. Not fun to say the least. It will do a good job knocking out the infection, but the side effects are just crappy. I also learned that with this medication, some times less is more."

Cipro for a UTI August 18, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "While Cipro may clear up my UTI it triggered my seizure potential and lowered my seizure threshold. It also can interfere with seizure meds which isn't cool for me as it can cause seizures in people with previous head trauma too. Lastly, if also taken with NSAIDS like ibuprofen or aspirin it can raise risk. Use extreme caution if have history of seizures!!!!"

Cipro (the good n bad) August 16, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "Not a fan. Went to urgent care for a particularly painful UTI and was prescribed cipro and immediately took the first dose. The plus side is it started working almost immediately. 24 hours later and I'm about 90% better already. However after taking the second pill I developed some slight nausea and then several hours later noticed some muscle pain in my calves and behind my knees and it has now spread to my shoulders and wrists. After reading that cipro can cause serious and permanent damage I quit using it immediately and asked to be switched to a different antibiotic. Not worth it!"

Samalam1216 August 13, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "Every time i get a UTI they put me on Bactrim and it doesn't help at all. Then they will put me on Cipro and it gets the job done. So now I tell the doctor I want Cipro for a UTI."

Muddygirl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 3, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "Am currently taking Cipro to deal with a UTI. Had one about a month ago, took Cipro, it seemed to go away, but now it's back with a vengeance. But I'm taking it with great reluctance. It use to be my ENT's go-to drug for sinus infections, which I would typically get twice a year (allergy induced). Then, about 4 years after first taking the drug, I woke up one morning and my right foot totally collapsed due to tendon rupture. Zero arch. At the time (1990) there weren't any tendon warnings with the drug and no one could explain how tendons could rupture overnight. Now my podiatrist attributes the event to the Cipro. I have to wear a Richie brace on that foot/ankle."

RetiredinMaine August 3, 2016

For Diverticulitis "Cipro was horrible. I have never had a reaction to an antibiotic before. Mentally disturbed head. It was very strange and made me panicky. Broke out in a rash on forearms and itchy tight chest. Read how awful this drug is. Thank goodness my reaction happened after a few doses and not a week or two. Flouriquinolones are poison for me. I never would have thought an antibiotic could be so harmful."

Sbrb (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "I have SLE, and I tend to contract UTI's pretty easily. Usually they'll give me Keflex or Flagyl, both of which don't seem to cut it. My current primary started prescribing it about a year and a half ago, and now I specifically ask for it. I had an AWFUL UTI for over a week, finally got to ER today, within a few hours, the worst of the symptoms were residing.... the burning, constant urge, abdominal and lower back pain/pressure. Honestly, I would give it 10 stars, but relief often comes at a price, although for me, they're temporary side effects - bad migraines, yeast infections, worsened photo-sensitivity, drowsiness. All medications have potential side effects. Communicate with your doctor & make sure it's right for YOU."

KittyMowMow July 25, 2016

For Bladder Infection "I took Cipro for only three days for a bladder infection. I was left with ankle/tendon pain and diahrrea for three months. I had no clue what was happening to me. Turns out lots have had the same reaction to this class of antibiotic."

Anonymous July 14, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "6-8 years ago, I used to have a UTI every other month. Cipro was my go-to because I'm allergic to most others. It always worked. Haven't had an infection for at least 2-3 years until now- Cipro took care of it 100% in 3 days. It isn't easy on the digestive system, and definitely have to follow all instructions on bottle (don't take with calcium, or before anything fortified with vitamins &minerals and stay out of the sun!), but it works! The things I did to stop getting uti's: no baths, only showers; urinate before and after sex, lots of water and not too many caffeinated drinks, don't try to "hold it" (if you gotta go, then go!). Taking cranberry daily is helpful also."

Charlivvy July 6, 2016

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection "Cipro caused me to have horrible panic attacks. I have been dealing with anxiety for the last 1.5 years, but had been doing so much better the last 5 months or so. I was prescribed it for a UTI, after my original antibiotic wouldn't be covered by ins. and I couldn't afford it. I will never take it again if I can help it all. It has set me back so much and even though I've finished it up over a week ago I am dealing with worsened anxiety still. I know it was the medication. I haven't been that bad since I started having trouble to begin with. It was awful. I've also had a lot of stomach issues since and can't help but wonder if it was the medication. I think the stuff is like poison for some people!!"

Lynn78 July 6, 2016