User Reviews for Cipro

Prostatitis 12 reviews 46 medications

4.1
Summary of Cipro reviews 184 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Cipro

For Urinary Tract Infection "It is good for UTI but it's not good for the body at all!! the second day I started having muscle problems, sleeping problems, anxiety..."

Xime3778 August 23, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "Unfortunately I get UTI's more often than I should. I have taken a 10 day prescription of Cipro, 500mg every 12 hours for a bad UTI, and I couldn't get past 5 days of it. I was just prescribed Cipro, one 500mg pill (because my doctor believed that this medications side effects were too common and powerful). Within 24 hours, my UTI symptoms cleared up BUT, in the past two nights, I have barely slept. I have bad stomach cramping and diarrhea. And headaches. Not fun to say the least. It will do a good job knocking out the infection, but the side effects are just crappy. I also learned that with this medication, some times less is more."

Cipro for a UTI August 18, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "While Cipro may clear up my UTI it triggered my seizure potential and lowered my seizure threshold. It also can interfere with seizure meds which isn't cool for me as it can cause seizures in people with previous head trauma too. Lastly, if also taken with NSAIDS like ibuprofen or aspirin it can raise risk. Use extreme caution if have history of seizures!!!!"

Cipro (the good n bad) August 16, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "Not a fan. Went to urgent care for a particularly painful UTI and was prescribed cipro and immediately took the first dose. The plus side is it started working almost immediately. 24 hours later and I'm about 90% better already. However after taking the second pill I developed some slight nausea and then several hours later noticed some muscle pain in my calves and behind my knees and it has now spread to my shoulders and wrists. After reading that cipro can cause serious and permanent damage I quit using it immediately and asked to be switched to a different antibiotic. Not worth it!"

Samalam1216 August 13, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "Every time i get a UTI they put me on Bactrim and it doesn't help at all. Then they will put me on Cipro and it gets the job done. So now I tell the doctor I want Cipro for a UTI."

Muddygirl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 3, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "Am currently taking Cipro to deal with a UTI. Had one about a month ago, took Cipro, it seemed to go away, but now it's back with a vengeance. But I'm taking it with great reluctance. It use to be my ENT's go-to drug for sinus infections, which I would typically get twice a year (allergy induced). Then, about 4 years after first taking the drug, I woke up one morning and my right foot totally collapsed due to tendon rupture. Zero arch. At the time (1990) there weren't any tendon warnings with the drug and no one could explain how tendons could rupture overnight. Now my podiatrist attributes the event to the Cipro. I have to wear a Richie brace on that foot/ankle."

RetiredinMaine August 3, 2016

For Diverticulitis "Cipro was horrible. I have never had a reaction to an antibiotic before. Mentally disturbed head. It was very strange and made me panicky. Broke out in a rash on forearms and itchy tight chest. Read how awful this drug is. Thank goodness my reaction happened after a few doses and not a week or two. Flouriquinolones are poison for me. I never would have thought an antibiotic could be so harmful."

Sbrb (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "I have SLE, and I tend to contract UTI's pretty easily. Usually they'll give me Keflex or Flagyl, both of which don't seem to cut it. My current primary started prescribing it about a year and a half ago, and now I specifically ask for it. I had an AWFUL UTI for over a week, finally got to ER today, within a few hours, the worst of the symptoms were residing.... the burning, constant urge, abdominal and lower back pain/pressure. Honestly, I would give it 10 stars, but relief often comes at a price, although for me, they're temporary side effects - bad migraines, yeast infections, worsened photo-sensitivity, drowsiness. All medications have potential side effects. Communicate with your doctor & make sure it's right for YOU."

KittyMowMow July 25, 2016

For Bladder Infection "I took Cipro for only three days for a bladder infection. I was left with ankle/tendon pain and diahrrea for three months. I had no clue what was happening to me. Turns out lots have had the same reaction to this class of antibiotic."

Anonymous July 14, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "6-8 years ago, I used to have a UTI every other month. Cipro was my go-to because I'm allergic to most others. It always worked. Haven't had an infection for at least 2-3 years until now- Cipro took care of it 100% in 3 days. It isn't easy on the digestive system, and definitely have to follow all instructions on bottle (don't take with calcium, or before anything fortified with vitamins &minerals and stay out of the sun!), but it works! The things I did to stop getting uti's: no baths, only showers; urinate before and after sex, lots of water and not too many caffeinated drinks, don't try to "hold it" (if you gotta go, then go!). Taking cranberry daily is helpful also."

Charlivvy July 6, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "Cipro caused me to have horrible panic attacks. I have been dealing with anxiety for the last 1.5 years, but had been doing so much better the last 5 months or so. I was prescribed it for a UTI, after my original antibiotic wouldn't be covered by ins. and I couldn't afford it. I will never take it again if I can help it all. It has set me back so much and even though I've finished it up over a week ago I am dealing with worsened anxiety still. I know it was the medication. I haven't been that bad since I started having trouble to begin with. It was awful. I've also had a lot of stomach issues since and can't help but wonder if it was the medication. I think the stuff is like poison for some people!!"

Lynn78 July 6, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "I went to de Dr. With an UTI. I got prescribed the genetic for Cipro 500 mg. first pill i felt fine, secund pild I started to feel a tingling sensation on my forearm and pain on my wrists. Therd pill my arems hurt from the shoulders to the palm of my hands my arms had gotten swollen and I couldn't even stand my watch. I couldn't sleep at night do to the pain on my arms with I thought it was not normal. Next morning befor my next pill i desided to read the side effects of this medication and it say that in some cases it could cause swollen, vomit, nousea, and arm pain. At that moment I stop taking the medication and went baco to my doctor and complain. And i made them to write this med under my allergies so this dosent hapend again."

Auravital July 5, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "I will never take Cipro again. After the 3rd pill, I developed tingling in my hands, legs, and feet. I stopped taking it, but the symptoms still persist. I cannot sleep at night and the tingling is constant. I've read this is called being "floxied" and is more common than you might think. I am seeing a Naturopathic doctor next week to try to reverse these awful side effects. Don't take Cipro!"

trying to stay positive June 18, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "I had UTi for 13 days and I was too much woried about it. it was a very painful expirience when urinate. so I searched out and choose the cipro. I had taken 2 pills 250 Mg in 24 hours. Believe me I had no notice any side effect of this medicine axcept a minor headch and I feel 70% beter then before.It works for me and I hope I will recover 100% with time. scary reviews was scaring me but its different for me Thank God."

Miss sib June 15, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "I had no side effects and it cleared up my infection well! Scary reviews can scare you but don't ever forget YOUR body is different than someone else's therefore drugs can effect you differently than someone else."

Anonymous June 8, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "It was awful. First dose made me itchy, second dose made my face feel swollen then I broke out in sores on my mouth. They had to put me on steroids and someone had to monitor my breathing overnight."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2016

For Kidney Infections "I took Cipro for a UTI. Within 3 doses (1.5 days) I went from walking fine, to having severe pain in my left knee and having to limp. The pain got worse. Finally, I researched Cipro's side effects and found out that it can cause severe damage to tendons. I stopped the medication, but the damage was already done. A year later I had to have surgery to repair some of the damage. Since then I have read other horror cases like mine. Cipro seems to find a weak tendon and strike at it. I will never take this drug again."

Leasey (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "I had a UTI back in 2013 and took one dose of Cipro (250 MG) and within hours it started to clear up and by the following day the UTI was gone. I now have another UTI. I took 1 dose again of the 250 MG pill and after about 7-8 hours, I felt about 60% better. I just now took a 2nd dose. Hopefully this will completely clear it up. I haven't noticed any side effects other than a minor headache. But like I said, I have only take 2 doses at the max."

Melanie Response May 18, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "I have had a uti for about 2 weeks now.. The first week I was prescribed 100mg twice a day of macrobid which did absolutely nothing to my uti. I went in for a physical days after finishing macrobid and was told I still had a uti so I was put on 500 mg of cipro twice a day. Ever since getting on cipro I have had pain everywhere in my body. I now have pain in my leg and behind my knee, I have horrible pain on my right side of my shoulder and neck & I also have a sore feeling all over my chest area.. On top of that I feel as if something on my face is swollen? It does not appear swollen but I fell my tongue is a bit bigger and so are other parts of my face.. This is torture.. I can not wait to get off of this stuf.."

Stay away (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "Kept getting Cipro for UTI's. Would go away and resurface 6 weeks later . Then began the excruciating pain in legs and ankles, brain fog, a whole list of things going wrong. Do your research and only if you are on deaths door agree to take this poison . It may work at first but you are likely to pay months and years later. So not worth it!"

PKO May 14, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "Horrible pain and Nerve damage in my feet after one pill. Couldn't walk normally for over a month and had to roll around in a chair. Turns out I didn't even have the UTI they prescribed it for, but the nerves will still get painful and make walking hard today, which is 6 years later. I wouldn't recommend taking this unless your infection is life threatening!"

Nerve Damage (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2016

For Prostatitis "Cipro is horrible poison and it has had a negative impact on my quality of life. I took 500mg 2x day for prostatitis. On day 5 I developed severe fatigue, brain fog, neuropathy, severe anxiety, and blurred vision. My prescription was for 10 days but I stopped taking it that day. A few days later I developed Achilles tendonitis and was unable to walk for 3 weeks. Recovery has been slow, challenging and expensive; one year later (almost to the day) I am still not recovered although I am better. I learned a painful and expensive lesson: I will never ever again in my life take a fluoroqinolone antibiotic or blindly trust the judgment of an allopathic physician. The not-so-silver lining is it did nothing for my prostatitis."

gman123 May 8, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "I went to the ER last night because of a pulled back muscle that occurred 2 weeks ago...the pain(lower back) was just unbearable! And when the pain also moved up to my kidney I thought "ok something is seriously wrong here...Turns out I had a pretty bad UTI that I didn't know about (NONE of the usual symptoms, pee flow regular, no spotting, etc.) 1st time ever being prescribed Cipro, 500mg 2x a day. Took 1st dose immediately after filling my script(10pm), second one 12hrs later(10am) by morning I had severe dry mouth after taking 2nd dose so I started drinking a Gatorade and immediately started vomiting, my kidney hurts more than it did before going to ER, headache since last night, and I'm only on day 1 :("

K.K. May 2, 2016

For Bacterial Infection "been taking antibiotics for almost 3 month now, cipro for 6 weeks for an apparently antibiotic resistant infection. started on merropenem i.v. (dont know why if its antibiotic resistant) i think doctors do whatever they can with the knowledge they have been given by these companies. which most dont even now of the side effects and say dont believe everything you read on google. but i had diarrhea straight away after the first pill (500mg) i have also had tennis elbow. yet never played any tennis or golf.i have muscular pain in my shoulder and it felt like it popped out or something almost a week ago. and only now i re read the symptoms and the reviews i see others having this problem. i dont trust pharma companies i want to stop taking now"

ryan0 April 20, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "Took just one tablet, I was rushed to hospital I could not even pick my hand up. Sadly someone gave me a 2nd dose in hospital the next day, 20 mins later I went into.. ANAPHYLAXIS SHOCK .. I had 8 Drs round my bed doing so many things. Thank GOD for those 8 Drs ACTING so FAST. Had I not been in hospital that day. I would not be here now to tell my Story. I was told is was a very close call even though I was in hospital. This was a truly Terrifying thing to happen. I am now so scared to take any antibiotic. 18.3.2016"

Cipro202 (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2016