User Reviews for Augmentin

Learn more about Augmentin.

Skin and Structure Infection 2 reviews 72 medications

5.5
Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth 1 reviews 4 medications

Summary of Augmentin reviews 188 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Augmentin

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "Don't know what's worse....the cellulitis infection or side effects of augmentin. Headache, gassiness, bloating, stomach upset from day one. Horrible vomiting on day 5. Thank goodness I only have 7 day Rx. Calling Dr tomorrow and will beg not to take last 2 days or switch to something else."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "I had an external ear infection for almost 18 days, on my first check up the doctor prescribed Clindamycin, but that didn't work on me. About 2 weeks later i still have no signs off healing through Clindamycin, I decided to be checked-up again with different doctor (ENT) & I was diagnosed with Chondritis. He prescribed Augmentin 625mg, 3x a day, every 8hrs. and Inoflox, which is also an antibiotic for twice a day. I experienced side effects such as diarrhea that lasted only on 2nd day. I just realized that this side effect are temporary. Now i am on my 4th day on these antibiotics, i can say that im healing and my ear forms back again to its normal size."

Alex Celine (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2016

For Sinusitis "Went in to the urgent care thinking I had strep but found it was a sinus infection. Been using this for 4 days now and I thought it was helping pretty good and the pain had went away some but then now I feel like its going backwards and I keep getting ear and throat pain again but only at night and I seem to feel better during the day time."

ItsAng September 19, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "I was prescribed Augmentin 875(?) to be taken twice a day for 10 days to try and prevent infection from a bad cat bite. I did experience symptoms, but because I suffer from IBS it mostly seemed like an IBS flare to me. The looser stools started on day two, but they were not diarrhea. That was it until around day 8 when I bloated like you wouldn't believe. It was all up in my stomach and nothing gave me relief. However, I continued on taking my pills and my probiotics and finished a couple of days ago. The side effects were not pleasant, but they were much less unfortunate than I was expecting after reading reviews. I never got an infection from the cat bite, which normally leads to one in about 80% of people. So, the drug worked!"

Boymama (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2016

For Bacterial Infection "I started augmentin 1gm twice/day 5 days ago (Wed. Sep. 9th) to treat inflammation in tooth root. the stomach problems started by day 4. Today (day 5) was really bad: headache, stomach pain, pain in my joints and my whole body. I also had a loose stool from day 1. I called my doctor explained the situation and he said I can stop taking it, a minimum of 4 days should suffice. So I took 9 out of a course of 14 tablets. I hope I'll get rid of my whole-body pain and stomach problems soon. So overall experience with augmentin: bad"

noogy (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "Very effective on infection but stomach severe pains in the upper stomach had to stop taken it severe dirahea non stop to the toliet may need to see dr now and i stopped taken it an stomach still hurts"

Blackan September 6, 2016

For Sinusitis "I took Augmentin starting last week for a sinus infection. The first few days were fine, and I felt relief from the pressure of the infection. However, by day 5, my stomach hurt so badly, and around my body to the back. I could not eat. My stomach was rock hard and I felt so bloated. I could only suffer through day 8. I had to stop. I cannot tolerate this medication, and will never take it again."

Patricea August 27, 2016

For Sinusitis "Prescribed a 10 day round for sinus infection in February 2016. Immediately developed digestive issues, cramping, loose bowel movements, gas and bloating. It is now 6 months later and I am still battling the issues. Doctors first thought it was UC, but after colonoscopy now thinks IBD or IBS, maybe Celiac. I'm headed to hospital for additional testing."

KatStevens123 August 24, 2016

For Sinusitis "I was prescribed Augmentin 875 mg 2times a day for 10 days... I took it for 5 days and it seemed to be working to clear up the sinus infection but I had to stop taking it because it gave me the worst yeast infection I have ever had in my life. I read someone else's comments about their tongue swelling and having ulcers on it, thus is oral thrush or a yeast infection on the tongue. I had to take 7 days of diflucan and eat plain yogurt to get rid of it. And I had to stop taking the Augmentin. I tried to start back taking it in halves but the yeast infection in my mouth came back. So I had to get more plain yogurt with probiotics to get rid of it. I can not take this medicine."

Marshie August 23, 2016

For Strep Throat "Completely useless medication. Been taking this for 5 days and absolutely none of my symptoms have cleared up. This morning I woke up with a pounding headache and I am about to throw up. Avoid at all costs"

HhhbjkkjhhjB August 19, 2016

For Sinusitis "I was prescribed Augmentin for a sinus infection. Worst medication experience of my life. I never get headaches, and after just three doses I had the worst headaches. My head throbbed. I couldn't sleep. My vision was impaired. I had excruciating stomach pains. I was far sicker than I was prior to going to the doctor. I will never take this horrible medication again. Beware of the side effects if you do."

Forever Anonymous August 8, 2016

For Strep Throat "Had severe infection and fever the meds helped me , I had become resistant to azi , was given 1000mg with steroids to get me back on feet , hiccups followed for 6 days"

axat July 29, 2016

For Bacterial Infection "Took it via IV for five days in hospital for diviculitus infection,temperature dropped in a day and inflammation decreased. But had to take two more courses after being discharged to fully clear the infection I found the sickness and nausea very harsh and felt very weak when on it,surprisingly it didn't upset my stomach Side effects cleared very quickly a few days after stoping it,I would rather take this than the dangerous alternative cipro.So would probably take again even though the side effects were difficult"

Andy Perkles July 26, 2016

For Otitis Media "I had a swollen gland under my palate due to an ear infection & was give a 7 day Rx for this drug. I ended up stopping with 2 days to go. I have severe itching (feels like bugs crawling on me) yeast infections including in my mouth, severe diarrhea, nausea, heartburn, lethargy & no appetite. It has been 3 full days since I took this vile drug & I am still losing weight. I am now down 10 lbs and it shows no signs of slowing down."

Anonymous July 25, 2016

For Sinusitis "As a sufferer of many sinus and ear infections, I knew with this 90 degree heat in ACs with poor air quality that I was going to get sick. Got sick last Wednesday with sinus issues, got worse so went to primary. Dr said didn't think I had a sinus or ear infection so told me to continue on netty pots and Sudafed 24. She did give me a prescription if I wasn't feeling better by Monday (today). After a weekend still feeling miserable, got prescription. Usually I get amoxicillin, and when looked at the script, it had amoxicillin clav so I didn't think anything of it. I pick up the script. Take pill on way to work. Sick within an hour. Googled and found was given generic of Augmentin. Never again! Threw up for an hour straight - not worth it!"

KAB1234 July 18, 2016

For Sinusitis "Took Augmentin for severe sinusitis, after 2 hours started vomiting it would not stop, rushed to medical centre, given an injection to stop the vomiting didn't work, vomiting continued until only bile and blood was coming out, then given Zofran wafers finally the vomiting subsided, but the stomach and chest pain continued all night. Worst experience :("

Bankstown July 12, 2016

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection "I have Emphysema, because I worked in a school swimming pool, and therefore was in contact, with Sodium Hypochlorite--which is Chlorine in it's neat state---. At a routine medical was found out to be deadly allergic to Chlorine, and so had to leave the pool. Living life with Emphysema, is hard. Augmentin--or Co-Amoxiclave as it's known by in G.B.. which is where I live, but find U.S.A. web sites more giving with easier to understand articles. As I said C.O.A.D. is hard to live with and I get frequent chest infections all year round, but find Augmentin is the all round Antibiotic for me, as I don't get any side affects, so maybe I'm one of the lucky ones that way. It is easy to take, and very easy to break in half, if you find it big ."

Lynda McEachran (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2016

For Sinusitis "I am at the end of day 3 of the medication and I can't do it anymore. The side effects are making life miserable, just in a different way than I started with. I went in because of the headache and congestion that would not respond to anything over the counter plus vertigo. The vertigo went away after the first day of meds but the headache is significantly worse. Additionally, my stomach hurts really bad and constantly feels like I have overeaten a mass amount all the time, whether I have eaten or not. I have also has some mild diarrhea. So not worth it for me!"

CaliPoppy June 16, 2016

For Bacterial Infection "As advised by doctor take with probiotics - took one pill 830 (1/2) apart then around 1100 started throwing up for over an our then got diarrhea - guess I didn't have enough food on stomach - will not complete dosage."

Spoutrun June 10, 2016

For Sinusitis "Augmentin knocks out sinus infections faster and better than any other medication I've tried. Eat some greek yogurt while taking it and you won't have any stomach issues."

Blancabell (taken for 10 years or more) June 4, 2016

For Sinusitis "DO NOT TAKE AUGMENTIN! I am healthy (run marathons-no pre-existing cond.) & never take meds. I was prescribed this for headache (after vehicle accident) and a little sinusitis at Onpoint. I was so sick & after 5 days (my heart starting hurting, lost all healthy bacteria (worst diarrhea & stripped stomach lining) had fiery red rash after 10 days all over my body! It took 2 wks for the rash to go away after I got off Augmentin. My body systems have never been same!! destroyed them.THIS IS TOXIC tell your doctors too). If you MUST take antibiotic use something safer. Also, my husband (really healthy) didn't quite believe me. He was prescribed it he was flat on his back/couch vomiting & couldn't MOVE after 2 days! he stopped immediately"

Anonymous May 19, 2016

For Strep Throat "So, got another strep infection. Haven't had one in a couple years. But you can always tell because you get fever and chills (like seizure shaking), pain when you swallow, and my tell-tale sign--dragon-hot Fire breath. Anyway, checked my throat out and it was bright red with white spots, patches of pus. I went to urgent care on my lunch and sure enough rapid strep test positive. I was prescribed augmentin 875 twice per day for 10 days. I just took my third pill and I already feel so much better. Wish I hadn't have waited 2 days."

Nurse Kate (taken for less than 1 month) April 16, 2016

For Bacterial Infection "After 10 day dosage I developed severe diarrhea with bloody stools.(C-diff) Went to ER and was diagnosed with c-diff. Have been I'll ever since and am now lactose intolerant. Took metronidazole for 14 days but still have symptoms . Horrible experience."

Jodi4merom April 15, 2016

For Sinusitis "Completely and totally killed the sinus infection. Ive lost some sense of smell."

AEJ2 (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2016

For Strep Throat "On tamiflu for the flu, zpack for strep-throat and motrin for pain and fever. Day 2: me begging please give me penicillin please.. my throat began to swell and was covered with infection. I went to urgent care and was given prednisone shot along with Rocephin shot. Followed with prescription for prednisone, augmentin and diflucan. IMMEDIATELY the augment kick the hell out of the strep-throat. I began spitting out the infection.. the flu symptoms subsided. And all is right in the world. I had the runs, upset stomach and yeast infection.. all of those pale in comparison to strep-throat and the flu"

AEJ2 April 10, 2016