User Reviews for Augmentin

Learn more about Augmentin.

Kidney Infections 2 reviews 94 medications

5.1
Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth 1 reviews 4 medications

Summary of Augmentin reviews 234 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Augmentin

For Strep Throat "In 2015 Aug my Doctor prescribe me Augmentin 625, for 10 days. After completing this course my strep throat problem was gone but I haven't been able to sleep for several months, sweating, feel like body is shaking and nightmare. Next 6-month acid reflux with too much burping with lots of air comes out and stomach cramps and problems with throat and colon and time to time ear pain. I started treatment like GARD, IBS. but my health becomes poor, even my immunity power goes down. In next 6 months, I stop all drugs and start taking healthy diet and regular exercise, I feel better and better."

Omee79 September 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "Took this for 10 days after a cat bite got infected. Noticed hyperactivity during the course, but it was two days after I finished the course that the real fun started - fatigue, head fog, inability to do anything, weight loss (three kg in four days!), really bad insomnia (unable to sleep until 5 am), unable to stomach anything except carbs. After a week of this the nausea started, so that I couldn't eat anything without debilitating nausea. Headaches too. Am still in it after two weeks. Treating myself with ginger tea for nausea, slippery elm, probiotics, dandelion leaf and root for liver, lemon water, vegetable juices. I will never take this again."

catbite September 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection "I was prescribed 250/125 Augmentin 3x daily for a bad UTI that was turning into a kidney infection and hadn't responded to Cipro. The fatigue, fever, and chills are bad enough with a UTI, but add Augmentin and it amplified it by 10. I have been in bed since I started taking it two days ago, I can't stop shaking and my joints feel like they're going to explode! Not to mention the vivid, hallucenenic type nightmares and the constant feeling of paranoia and feeling on the brink of a panic attack!! If you have anxiety like I do DO NOT TAKE THIS UNLESS YOU HAVE TO!!! I had a mental breakdown about taking another dose as I don't feel I can handle these side effects much longer. 9/10 would not take again, doesn't seem to be helping the infection"

NeverAgain94 (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "This med was given as a result of a deep gouge from a dog nail. Healing was not occurring after 4 weeks including a trip to a ambulatory care. My doc said they treated it incorrectly. He prescribed this. I have an appointment at the wound center Tues. Dr also said it needed debriding. After 5 days I see no improvement. If anything the area is more red and sore."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis "Had such a bad sinus infection that my right eye and face was swelling. Got 875 Augmentin twice daily. On day 2 and swelling stopped and I can see out of eye. Sore throats and nose running because my sinuses are now draining! No GI or side effects. Love it so far."

Vicksterama386969 August 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Otitis Media "So far its slowly working for my ear infection. The pain has lessened but still have mild pain. I'm on my 4th day. Hopefully in 6 days the ear will be completely healed. There are some minor side effects I have noticed. Particularly some joint pain but it is not bad and mild. Maybe a little nausea in my stomach too, but very mild. I'm just happy my pain has lessened in the ears. I took the augmetin generic for Amoxicillin/clauvantic acid 875mg twice daily for 10 days."

dikeee (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Infection "I started Augmentin on Thursday morning because I had typhoid. My doctor insisted it will clear it and make me feel better. Since Thursday, I have experience extreme diarrhea, nausea, and body pains. I wake up 8 -10 times during the night to vomit and stool. Both happens simultaneously and as at this morning of the fourth day, I feel like I might never get better. I am going to stop it. I have no more strength to even puke or sit up. I can't lie on my belly or back either and my two sides are aching seriously due to the constant support"

Teebhanks (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis "I will never take this drug again. I was prescribed a 10 day/twice a day dose for a sinus infection. I took one pill. Within 4 hrs of taking the pill I was experiencing fever like chills, tingling, nerve pain in my feet and restlessness. I had nightmares and a terrible night's sleep. The worst part is the headache I can't shake and the extreme fatigue. My head feels like it's in a vice. I've done nothing but sleep all day -- only moving to take Advil which barely touches the headache. I just assume suffer through the sinus infection rather than experience the past 24 hours on this drug."

Birdy53 July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Infection "I was prescribed augmentin for a dental infection/tooth abscess. When I went to the dentist, I had already been on 3 or 4 days of penicillin. The penicillin didn't seem to be clearing the infection, and the dentist couldn't get me in for a root canal for another week. There the augmentin came into play. The first dose I took on an empty stomach (couldn't eat with my throbbing face). So I had some nausea and just figured it normal. The next dose I took with food, as directed. I puked viciously. I took another dose or two and had similar results... so much nausea and vomiting, it was hard to appreciate the fact my face wasn't throbbing. So it works well on infections, hard on the stomach though."

whooaanelly (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Otitis Media "I have chronic ear problems and ear infections. I had on ear drum rupture and the other had fluid behind the ear drum. I am no stranger to antibiotics. It's day 7 and my stomach started rejecting the antibiotic so I missed a dose. I just got some activia and I am going to try to finish the med. My ears have cleared up for sure though. I can hear great it really cleared out any infection. My sinuses feel great too. I honestly think 7 days is enough for this med especially if you get a super strong dose but I want to finish it I don't want ear infections to come back. Take with milk and buy some activia yogurt for sure."

Earlady (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis "Don't ever use this, When I was 4 years old I was sick and the doctor give me augmentin. It effected me in a negative way, I used to throw up, pee (urninate) with blood, my skin was very pale and my eyes were yellow, and it caused me severe liver problems."

Nadaxx June 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis "Every time I have had a sinus infection and been prescribed Augmentin 875 I feel so much better within a day or two"

Miss Sherry (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection "Feeling horrendous, like I'm being poisoned! Was prescribed this after a trip to A&E with an upper UTI/kidney infection. I don't normally take meds and I'm trying to avoid antibiotics as I have leaky gut but the Dr urged me to take them as the infection was so bad. Anyway, the first day or 2 weren't too bad but then I woke up and felt like I'd been hit by a freight train. Here are some of the things I've been experiencing: Nausea, bloating, thrush, severe migraine like headaches, loss of appetite, depression and mood swings, paranoia, anxiety, dehydration due to constant urination, burning pain in my limbs and a stiff neck, a feeling of being hungover each morning, dizziness and 'brain fog' and a dry cough! Never taking these again!!!"

LauraH1981 June 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Strep Throat "Only took 2 pills on day one. Day 2... throat starting to feel better!! Yay!!!! Red welts all over my legs, butt ,back, and eyes real puffy!!! Guess I'm allergic!!! On to the next medicine."

lbutt June 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Otitis Media "This medication has always worked great for me whenever I have an ear infection...much better than the regular Amoxicillin too. However, be sure to follow your doctor's orders by taking this medicine with food while getting enough probiotics as it will give you stomach problems along with diarrhea if you don't comply."

jmcd2017 May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "I've been taking this for about two weeks to combat cellulitis and after first trying Keflex and Bactrim which did not work, the Augmentin is working quite well. I haven't had any stomach upset or GI discomfort. I haven't had any Diarrhea that couldn't be easily stopped with a normal dose of over-the-counter Loperamide. Had a slight bit but the Loperamide fixed that right up. "

Adam Mann (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Infection "This is one of the worst experience in my entire life. After taking Augmentin , I had diarrhea for a week, yeast infection, dry red rashes at the palm of my hands and inner thighs, hemorrhoids, exhaustion, blurry vision, increased heart rate which caused me not able to sleep. I WILL NEVER take Augmentin again, worst meds in the world."

duckwai (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis "I've had sinus problems for so many years - blocked sinus, headaches, temple pressures, allergic episodes. I couldn't breathe also had sore throat. So I decided to take action for once and got prescribed for a 7 day trial of augmentin, plus 24 hour claritin and nasal spray 2 times of each nostril every 3 hours as needed. The first days where hell because of my bodies reaction to this antibiotic. Since I believe it was due to me never using any antibiotics ever.I got chills, high fevers of 102-104. weakness. bed ridden fatigue. headache. it was horrible (although this could have been symptoms of infection) I started to take Tylenol to control the fever, it was god send (Acetaminophen 500mg). I took 2 tablets every 6 hours which did the trick. But the fevers ended day 4. after everything got better after."

Luis justice 13 May 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis "AVOID, AVOID. I was prescribed this for what was diagnosed as a bacterial upper respiratory infection. Have never had issues with antibiotics before. Yes, it improved my symptoms from the infection....but every day, I had a POUNDING heartbeat in the mornings...and it was causing profound fatigue and weakness every day. Didn't figure it out until after I took it the morning of day 5 and did some research. I STOPPED THAT TOXIC MEDICINE then and there. It's now 48 hours after I stopped it and I still have easy fatigue and palpitations. AVOID!!!!"

JAB in Colorado May 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis "I had a sinus infection and was put on augmentin for a week. I suffered from horrific headaches. I wanted someone to just knock me out because I couldn't handle the horrible headaches all day and night. My taste was affected as well. Even water didn't taste good. My stomach also affected me and I did take a probiotic. I wouldn't take this medication ever again."

JIS April 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis "Prescribed an 8-day prescription of Augmentin and I would not recommend this poison to anyone else, EVER. I wake up every day with a headache like my head is in a vice and stomach cramps that rival the pain of the sinus infection I went in for in the first place. And yes, I eat yogurt and take extra probiotics. My heart beats like a horses hooves on a racetrack and keeps me up far past any respectable time to go to sleep. I don't feel like myself at all, I'm telling you so you can run far away from this treacherous toxic substance."

Stonecoldsteveaustin April 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bronchitis "I'd been struggling with a very nasty Bronchitis for over 10 days, had been taking useless Amoxicillin to no avail. Switched over to Augmentin Duo Forte and had some much needed relief in only 5 hours. I've found this combo very effective for Bronchitis/Pneumonia and Sinus, which I suffer every April with a change in Weather. Sure you do need to take some probiotics. All good from me."

Strong and Effective April 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis "Medication very effective for sinus infection, some doctors recommend Omeprazole for the GI effects, it reduce highly stomach pain."

Hillman1 April 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection "This drug took care of my infection but did have side effects. I took med with food but my stomach hurt after taking the med. The pain was horrible. Made it to day 9 before I connected the stomach pain to the med."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis "Right after the first dose, I experienced the worst stomach cramps, gas, bloating...all the way into my chest. It seemed to help my sinus infection, but nothing is worth that type of pain. I couldn't keep food down, I don't have issues with acid reflux, until I started taking augmentin. I tried one more dose, before I quit and I went to my regular doctor, and he agreed that this stuff is harsh on your stomach, and changed to different antibiotic. I tried drinking a lot of water, yogurt, and I increased my intake of probiotics, but so far nothing is helping. I am hoping this horrid feeling will go away eventually."

Mimi59 (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2017