User Reviews for Augmentin

4.5

Summary of Augmentin reviews 6.0 313 reviews

Reviews for Augmentin

Anonymous June 23, 2019

For Sinusitis "I seem to have an ongoing problem with severe sinus infections and fluid on my ears...Very painful. This medication seems to be the only one that completely cures my symptoms."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 21, 2019

For Strep Throat "Diagnosed with strep throat and a perforated ear drum...I was in a ton of pain. AUGMENTIN got rid of the ear pain and throat pain in 2 days but the pure liquid diarrhea is nonstop. So of course I'm an idiot and feel better so I stopped taking it after 3 days. Well day 6 I am back (worse) with the strep throat so I start taking it again. The heart burn is out of control and diarrhea ASAP again. Pain in my throat is so bad I am trying to bare the side effects. I take a probiotic every day and I currently just took pepto with hope of some relief."

babygirl · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 11, 2019

For Sinusitis "I was prescribed this by my doctor for sinusitis. I’ve been on all types of antibiotics in my life and this stuff is HORRIBLE. Went on my lunch break and I was convinced I was dying. Anxiety, panic attacks, tarry stool (gastric bleeding?), chest & back pain, side pain, chest tightness, abdominal cramping (felt like something was tearing into my stomach), sweating, terrible diarrhea, pale, dizziness, huge headache, etc. Only took one dose, stopped dosage and call my ENT doctor for an appointment."

Cole · Taken for less than 1 month June 10, 2019

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "Bitten by a dog got prescribed this worst experience of my life. I cannot sleep and I feel like throwing up the entire time. I just close my eyes and wait till the sun rises. Lay in bed wake up eat take my course and repeat....hate this antibiotic..."

MV · Taken for less than 1 month June 4, 2019

For Bacterial Infection "Only one pill, I was vomiting constantly for 16 hours. Never again will I take this RX."

Sambo · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 25, 2019

For Skin and Structure Infection "Was placed on Augmentin 625mg 3 times over 5 weeks for 8 day blocks. I had two wisdom teeth that needed extraction and one was inflamed. On my last round after my teeth we’re out, I got really bad diarrhea (6 days now) went to DR and was tested for c diff. Tests back to confirm c diff, dr advised me he would never prescribe this drug for that long due side effects and advised only dentist do or lazy drs. I’m now on another 10 days of metronidazole for the diarrhea Do not use Augmentin in large doses, once or twice I was fine, 3rd time not! And always have food in your tummy! I won’t be taking this again if I don’t have to"

Strep · Taken for less than 1 month May 16, 2019

For Strep Throat "I had a terrible strep infection. My throat was so painful and my body ached. Was prescribed penicillin. After 4 doses and no improvement returned to the doctor and was prescribed Augmentin. I knew the side effects would be bad, but was desperate to see improvement in the strep, which 2 doctors described as a really bad case. After 2 doses, NO SIDE EFFECTS, my stomach was fine, I saw improvement in my throat. After the 3rd dose I started noticing some upset stomach and a bad headache. Hoping this headache doesn't last."

Pfrogmore · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 30, 2019

For Sinusitis "I tend to get sinus and ear infections...and upper respiratory infections. Augmentin is the only thing that really clears it all up. It typically takes 2 to 3 doses before I start feeling like I am heading in the right direction. So within 24 to 48 hours I tend to be feeling better. Not like death - which if you haven't experienced a truly painful ear infection as an adult...well...you're lucky. It is awful. Augmentin does have some side effects, typically some stomach upset. Be sure take it with food and drink plenty of water. However, I will deal with it as it is a heck of a lot better than dealing with the pain of double ear infections, sinus, and upper respiratory issues. I have taken this antibiotic on and off for last 5 years."

Gisel · Taken for less than 1 month April 16, 2019

For Bronchitis "This antibiotic is the best when it comes to treating sinus infections, I have had bronchitis for about 3 months and it’s clearing everything up! I have a very weak stomach and have never been able to take antibiotics and finish a full round, so this time I started taking Omeprazole 30 minutes before my dose is due and, of course, with food and only once experienced stomach upset. I have read a lot of people complain about diarrhea, I suffer from constipation and have been to the bathroom very often, so I’m guessing that is my equivalent of that"

Mike8976 · Taken for less than 1 month March 31, 2019

For Skin and Structure Infection "I took this for an ear infection, it worked well. One of the side effects was it cured me of my cystic acne. I was about to give up after my dermatologist tried 4 different antibiotics. Two months out and my acne is gone. I went from having penny and quarter spots on my head to nothing. My testosterone injections brings my flare ups out, now I can take a normal dose without not even a hint of acne. Amazing!!!!!!"

Bobby March 29, 2019

For Sinusitis "Sinus infection that spread to my eye before I sought treatment. Felt better after 2 doses. It is a strong antibiotic. Unfortunately they also kill some good bacteria along with the bad. You know the saying..... don’t trust a fart."

Jbirdy · Taken for less than 1 month March 23, 2019

For Bacterial Infection "I really like antibiotic so far. I was on Cipro before for the same infection and that made me feel nauseous and dizzy. With Augmentin, I feel fine as if I am not even taking an antibiotic. Lots of negative reviews on here so it just shows you that everyone has a different reaction. Just know if an antibiotic makes you feel really ill that you should call your doctor right away to switch and should not keeping taking something that you can't tolerate."

Cuzo March 20, 2019

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "Augmentin has been a saving grace for my acne. It works so great when NOTHING else works. Unfortunately over the years it has lost its effectiveness. 10 years ago I would take a course and have clear skin for months. Now a full coarse of aug 875mg will only last a few weeks after taking it before the unbearable itch and painful acne appear. Not sure what step to take next..."

Jock · Taken for less than 1 month March 17, 2019

For Sinusitis "I developed sinus infection yearly (allergies?) and augment is my go to medicine. Takes three days at twice a day dosing to see results. I’m 71 and have had only antibiotics maybe ten times in life. First Times was PenVK that was great medicine, but doctors don’t want prescribe it now days."

sarah · Taken for less than 1 month March 17, 2019

For Sinusitis "Had what an ER doc thought was an ear infection back in DECEMBER. Left ear was inflamed, took antibiotics and I guess it got better, I wouldn't know since there was no pain associated. January, I developed weird ringing in my left, same ear. Ignored it. Now beginning of March, I started getting popping in that ear which spread to my right ear, basically the sensation of de-equalized pressure which is so irritating. Decided to go to the ER just 5 days ago, ER doc looked into my ears and said I had Ear effusion, then looked into my throat and sinuses and said they were inflamed. I was born with sinusitis so my turbinates are naturally enlarged, but I wasn't experiencing ANY signs of sinus infection (no weird / smelly mucus, or even terrible breathing from the weather change ) . She prescribed me this augmentin with mucinex, and to use a net pot everyday with Flonase. Never experienced this much stress, anxiety and body aches before. Im a 23 year old health nut, so my body is quite healthy"

M · Taken for less than 1 month March 12, 2019

For Sinusitis "Took one dose of augmentin 875mg for sinus infection. Stomach pain, nausea, sweats, insomnia, dizziness just from one dose. This was taken over 12 hours ago and still feeling bad. Will not take again. Contacted doctor for a new prescription."

Mouse · Taken for less than 1 month February 23, 2019

For Pneumonia "I caught a case of syphilis that left me very miserable for over 2 weeks. I was a z pack and those never seem to help, then I was given doxycycline and that seemed to help a little but didn't quite do the trick.. then I was given this and so far it's helping."

HateAug · Taken for less than 1 month February 20, 2019

For Sinusitis "I was prescribed this from the hospital for sinusitis. I’ve been on all types of antibiotics in my life and this stuff is HORRIBLE. Woke up this morning convinced I was dying. Anxiety, panic attacks, tarry stool, chest & back pain, side pain, chest tightness, abdominal cramping, diarrhea, pale, dizziness, headache. I could go on all. Stopped dosage and heading to PCP tomorrow to figure out what’s going on now."

ANicole February 12, 2019

For Otitis Media "First, let me start by saying that I don't really do well with antibiotics. I was diagnosed with Lyme disease in 2005 (positive blood test), and I've had autoimmune issues ever since. For some reason antibiotics tend to make me feel really bad, but there are times when I'm left with no choice but to take them. So...I was diagnosed last week with a severe ear infection. Ruptured eardrum, draining ear. Anyway, I had to take an antibiotic and this was the one prescribed. I was prescribed this at 1000mg/2 times per day. First and second day I felt a little run down, but attributed it to the infection. Pretty much the same with the third and fourth day, but a little more intense. By the 5th and 6th day I literally felt like I was losing my mind. Felt super weak, anxious, and panic attacks galore! Today was my 8th day on the medication and I literally almost called 911 tonight! My heart was beating so fast, legs were super weak, head was spinning...just felt horrific!"

R. · Taken for less than 1 month January 30, 2019

For Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth "I took Augmentin for a second episode of diverticulitis. The first time around (two years ago) I took Cipro and Flagyl which felt like a controlled forest burn of my intestines. Augmentin was MUCH easier to tolerate. I second those who’ve suggested taking it with probiotics. This makes all the difference. I took one or two probiotics about 2 hours before and also 2 hours after each dose. Definitely take it with a large snack or meal. Experienced only some mild indigestion about 30 minutes after taking it. My symptoms started improving around day 3 with continued improvement. For probiotics, I took a broad spectrum one with multiple strains plus a high powered version of Florastor. I was terrrified of taking Augmentin after reading all the reviews but dove in with the proper supports because there was no way I was going back to the Cipro combo. Good luck and I hope it works for you!"

savvy · Taken for less than 1 month January 12, 2019

For Sinusitis "I'm on day 3 out of 10 of Augmentin 875/125 twice day for a sinus infection so far haven't had any serious side effects, however I'm starting to experience loss of appetite, drowsiness, diarrhea, and dizziness within the first 2.5 hours of taking a dose. It is also causing insomnia, but I take a sleeping pill and I'm fine. Other than that the medicine is working great I'm feeling better already (I can breathe again, my head doesn't feel like 100lbs! pressure is inside it) it is a very strong antibiotic so if you take it be sure to drink PLENTY of fluids, get lots of rest and try some yogurt for the abdominal cramps from the diarrhea it seems to help for me!"

S · Taken for less than 1 month January 5, 2019

For Bronchitis "Horrible allergic rash that is still visible two weeks later"

Baby · Taken for less than 1 month January 5, 2019

For Sinusitis "I was giving this by ER doctor for sinusitis. I took the first dose at ER then didn't get a chance to fill the prescription for a week. Was still feeling a little bit ear congestion from sinusitis so I grabbed it. First pharmacy dose gave me non stop diarrhea and severe nausea like my stomach was going to explode. So now I drink probiotic yogurt with full meal. Took 2 more times not as bad but constant anxiety. Had to stop as felt worse when taking it. Head congestion pretty much gone though I just decided to take Mucinex and I feel like that has helped even though still dealing with it a bit. Never taking it again."

IzzyBear · Taken for less than 1 month December 29, 2018

For Bronchitis "I don't know how effective this is but I do know that every time I take this I get so nauseous, bouts of diarrhea and am really gassy. It goes away after about 2 hrs but totally not worth it. Will be asking for something different."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month December 29, 2018

For Sinusitis "Experienced severe insomnia 5 days into to the treatment. When attempting to sleep, I would be jolted awake with a surge of adrenaline. Quit treatment 8 days in. People need to know that antibiotics kill good and bad bacteria and that gut and mood health are linked."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)