User Reviews for Augmentin

Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth
4.5

Summary of Augmentin reviews 6.0 304 reviews

Reviews for Augmentin

For Skin and Structure Infection "I took this for an ear infection, it worked well. One of the side effects was it cured me of my cystic acne. I was about to give up after my dermatologist tried 4 different antibiotics. Two months out and my acne is gone. I went from having penny and quarter spots on my head to nothing. My testosterone injections brings my flare ups out, now I can take a normal dose without not even a hint of acne. Amazing!!!!!!"

Mike8976 (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2019

For Sinusitis "Sinus infection that spread to my eye before I sought treatment. Felt better after 2 doses. It is a strong antibiotic. Unfortunately they also kill some good bacteria along with the bad. You know the saying..... don’t trust a fart."

Bobby March 29, 2019

For Bacterial Infection "I really like antibiotic so far. I was on Cipro before for the same infection and that made me feel nauseous and dizzy. With Augmentin, I feel fine as if I am not even taking an antibiotic. Lots of negative reviews on here so it just shows you that everyone has a different reaction. Just know if an antibiotic makes you feel really ill that you should call your doctor right away to switch and should not keeping taking something that you can't tolerate."

Jbirdy (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2019

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "Augmentin has been a saving grace for my acne. It works so great when NOTHING else works. Unfortunately over the years it has lost its effectiveness. 10 years ago I would take a course and have clear skin for months. Now a full coarse of aug 875mg will only last a few weeks after taking it before the unbearable itch and painful acne appear. Not sure what step to take next..."

Cuzo March 20, 2019

For Sinusitis "I developed sinus infection yearly (allergies?) and augment is my go to medicine. Takes three days at twice a day dosing to see results. I’m 71 and have had only antibiotics maybe ten times in life. First Times was PenVK that was great medicine, but doctors don’t want prescribe it now days."

Jock (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2019

For Sinusitis "Had what an ER doc thought was an ear infection back in DECEMBER. Left ear was inflamed, took antibiotics and I guess it got better, I wouldn't know since there was no pain associated. January, I developed weird ringing in my left, same ear. Ignored it. Now beginning of March, I started getting popping in that ear which spread to my right ear, basically the sensation of de-equalized pressure which is so irritating. Decided to go to the ER just 5 days ago, ER doc looked into my ears and said I had Ear effusion, then looked into my throat and sinuses and said they were inflamed. I was born with sinusitis so my turbinates are naturally enlarged, but I wasn't experiencing ANY signs of sinus infection (no weird / smelly mucus, or even terrible breathing from the weather change ) . She prescribed me this augmentin with mucinex, and to use a net pot everyday with Flonase. Never experienced this much stress, anxiety and body aches before. Im a 23 year old health nut, so my body is quite healthy"

sarah (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2019

For Sinusitis "Took one dose of augmentin 875mg for sinus infection. Stomach pain, nausea, sweats, insomnia, dizziness just from one dose. This was taken over 12 hours ago and still feeling bad. Will not take again. Contacted doctor for a new prescription."

M (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2019

For Pneumonia "I caught a case of syphilis that left me very miserable for over 2 weeks. I was a z pack and those never seem to help, then I was given doxycycline and that seemed to help a little but didn't quite do the trick.. then I was given this and so far it's helping."

Mouse (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2019

For Sinusitis "I was prescribed this from the hospital for sinusitis. I’ve been on all types of antibiotics in my life and this stuff is HORRIBLE. Woke up this morning convinced I was dying. Anxiety, panic attacks, tarry stool, chest & back pain, side pain, chest tightness, abdominal cramping, diarrhea, pale, dizziness, headache. I could go on all. Stopped dosage and heading to PCP tomorrow to figure out what’s going on now."

HateAug (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2019

For Otitis Media "First, let me start by saying that I don't really do well with antibiotics. I was diagnosed with Lyme disease in 2005 (positive blood test), and I've had autoimmune issues ever since. For some reason antibiotics tend to make me feel really bad, but there are times when I'm left with no choice but to take them. So...I was diagnosed last week with a severe ear infection. Ruptured eardrum, draining ear. Anyway, I had to take an antibiotic and this was the one prescribed. I was prescribed this at 1000mg/2 times per day. First and second day I felt a little run down, but attributed it to the infection. Pretty much the same with the third and fourth day, but a little more intense. By the 5th and 6th day I literally felt like I was losing my mind. Felt super weak, anxious, and panic attacks galore! Today was my 8th day on the medication and I literally almost called 911 tonight! My heart was beating so fast, legs were super weak, head was spinning...just felt horrific!"

ANicole February 12, 2019

For Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth "I took Augmentin for a second episode of diverticulitis. The first time around (two years ago) I took Cipro and Flagyl which felt like a controlled forest burn of my intestines. Augmentin was MUCH easier to tolerate. I second those who’ve suggested taking it with probiotics. This makes all the difference. I took one or two probiotics about 2 hours before and also 2 hours after each dose. Definitely take it with a large snack or meal. Experienced only some mild indigestion about 30 minutes after taking it. My symptoms started improving around day 3 with continued improvement. For probiotics, I took a broad spectrum one with multiple strains plus a high powered version of Florastor. I was terrrified of taking Augmentin after reading all the reviews but dove in with the proper supports because there was no way I was going back to the Cipro combo. Good luck and I hope it works for you!"

R. (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2019

For Sinusitis "I'm on day 3 out of 10 of Augmentin 875/125 twice day for a sinus infection so far haven't had any serious side effects, however I'm starting to experience loss of appetite, drowsiness, diarrhea, and dizziness within the first 2.5 hours of taking a dose. It is also causing insomnia, but I take a sleeping pill and I'm fine. Other than that the medicine is working great I'm feeling better already (I can breathe again, my head doesn't feel like 100lbs! pressure is inside it) it is a very strong antibiotic so if you take it be sure to drink PLENTY of fluids, get lots of rest and try some yogurt for the abdominal cramps from the diarrhea it seems to help for me!"

savvy (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2019

For Bronchitis "Horrible allergic rash that is still visible two weeks later"

S (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2019

For Sinusitis "I was giving this by ER doctor for sinusitis. I took the first dose at ER then didn't get a chance to fill the prescription for a week. Was still feeling a little bit ear congestion from sinusitis so I grabbed it. First pharmacy dose gave me non stop diarrhea and severe nausea like my stomach was going to explode. So now I drink probiotic yogurt with full meal. Took 2 more times not as bad but constant anxiety. Had to stop as felt worse when taking it. Head congestion pretty much gone though I just decided to take Mucinex and I feel like that has helped even though still dealing with it a bit. Never taking it again."

Baby (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2019

For Bronchitis "I don't know how effective this is but I do know that every time I take this I get so nauseous, bouts of diarrhea and am really gassy. It goes away after about 2 hrs but totally not worth it. Will be asking for something different."

IzzyBear (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2018

For Sinusitis "Experienced severe insomnia 5 days into to the treatment. When attempting to sleep, I would be jolted awake with a surge of adrenaline. Quit treatment 8 days in. People need to know that antibiotics kill good and bad bacteria and that gut and mood health are linked."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2018

For Bronchitis "Knocked out in short order a bad case of Bronchitis. Coughing jags that were out of control stopped within the first 24 hours. Now on eighth day of meds and feel human again. Only side effect was slight diarrhea ."

Bill E (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2018

For Bacterial Infection "Prescribed Augmentin fairly frequently for diverticulitis (as I suffer from autoimmune neutropenia too I am on a lower threshold for treatment as risk of life threatening infection is high). I always feel better after two days but that's when the gates of hell open and the side effects knock me out completely. If I don't take in enough fluids my kidneys feel like they'll explode, I feel so incredibly weak and lifeless, it gives me a constant headache for the duration of treatment, nausea, no appetite, diarrhoea, intestinal pain worse than what it's supposed to treat, and it causes my emotional state to deteriorate severely - I can't stop crying and feel so very stressed, agitated, and anxious. "

Bean (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2018

For Bacterial Infection "ER doctor prescribed this 2x/day for 10 days for colitis, believed to be caused by a bacteria. The only side effects I've experienced is nausea, with the first two doses. Otherwise, no other issues. Three days down, seven more to go..."

Jillyn31 (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2018

For Sinusitis "First dose with dinner. Went to bed about 2 hrs later, woke suddenly barely able to make it to the bathroom, began vomiting then couldn't get off the floor, too weak. Began shaking, son called ambulance and next thing I remember was seeing my dad in a chair beside my bed in ER. Was on fluids, Dr came in and gave me Demerol. I went to sleep & don't remember leaving hosp or going home. That was entire experience. Never been so violently ill. Still have no idea why it made me so sick."

Kaylyn (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2018

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "I feel like the people that come on here to read reviews are people like me who have anxieties about taking medications. I needed this medication for a skin infection after my c section. I was nervous about the symptoms after reading the comments on here but I had ZERO problems with this medication. I was prescribed 875mg 2x daily. I made sure I ate a pro-biotic yogurt before starting this med and had one every day for 7 days until I was finished. I had no upset stomach or diarrhea."

Gi (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2018

"Took 5 days of 625mg twice daily course after a dental procedure. While on it I had severe headache, hot flushes, chills, depression, nausea and anxiety. I didn't not experience diarrhea though. 2 days after finishing the course I got a vaginal yeast infection. The last yeast infection was 5 years ago when I was on 3 months course of z pack for acne. It cleared up my tooth infection but I'm never having it again. Not worth the side effects"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2018

For Sinusitis "Positives: -Sore throat and Eye Infection gone. Negatives: -Woke up to spine, neck, chest, left arm pain to the point I thought I was having a heart attack. -Numb limbs, ears, and eye pressure. -Nightmares, such as birds attacking and pecking my brain. -Non stop migraines that affected my vision, and thought I had a brain tumor or aneurysm. -Brain fog and fatigue that I can barely hold a conversation. -Acid reflux. -Heart palpitations that wakes me up in my sleep. -Food and water tastes bitter with an after taste. -Dry eyes and photophobia. -Wake up in the mornings feeling hungover and disoriented. You can see the cost/benefit of this medication."

Al SD (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2018

For Otitis Media "This is the only medication that works for my chronic ear infections. I get 5-6 ear infections per year, I’m 23 so not a common problem at my age. The last two infections I ruptured my ear drum, which is extremely painful, but within 1 days of taking augmentin the drainage has stopped and after 3 days the pain is completely gone. I usually notice some GI issues, but I can deal with it for how well this medication clears the infection."

MD8700 (taken for less than 1 month) October 20, 2018

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "Throughout the whole course I had horrible nausea and diarrhoea :/ 2 weeks after finishing the course I'm still sick! So fatigued, flu like symptoms, chills and sweats, terrible cramps and always in the bathroom. I've now been diagnosed with colitis from augmentin. I'm more sick after the course than I was before I actually needed the antibiotics!! I've never had a reaction to any other antibiotic so would never ever take that again."

nauseousgirl (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2018