User Reviews for Augmentin

1 review 63 medications
Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth

Summary of Augmentin reviews 6.1 260 reviews

Reviews for Augmentin

For Otitis Media "So much pressure in my ears so I was prescribed augmentin. Couple days in I notice my left arm kinda hurts but paid no attention. Start having very large and constant bowel movements that smell like the pills lol. On the 9th day I break out in a cold sweat, fever, terrible left arm pain, and muscle weakness. Go to urgent care thinking I'm having a heart attack. Discontinue drug. Symptoms still persist and I think I have tendonitis in my left shoulder now. Very dizzy and weak despite stopping medication 4 days ago."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2018

For Sinusitis "Had a sinus infection for almost 2 months. Always have sinus issues. Completely better after 5 pills, 2 1/2 days. No side effects."

Jane May 5, 2018

For Bacterial Infection "It blows my mind that so many others are on here, telling people NOT to take this medicine. WHY?! Just because it didn't work for you/gave you a reaction, doesn't mean it won't help the next person. Had I listened to these negative comments, I might've never known the wonders this has worked on me. Long story short.. I've battled a horrible infection in my gums/jaw for a longtime. I was on penicillin, amoxicillin, clindamycin, etc! NOTHING helped at all. Finally landed myself in the ER, and was given augmentin. I was skeptical as nothing else had worked on this infection. Needless to say, I took as prescribed. Ate a meal at the start of ever dose, had yogurt after every dose as well. And it worked amazing for me!! Day 2 infection was finally gone! No harsh side effects, no stomach upsets etc. I truly believe if you've taken this with food and yogurt as you're suppose to, you'll be just fine."

Blah (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2018

"Full water system and kidney infection, had a fever of 101.5 (even after fever reducers, etc) when I was first given Augmentin. Within 12 hours, was feeling significantly better. Within 24, fever broke and abdominal issues began to abate."

Beth (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2018

For Sinusitis "Cleared up my infection pretty quickly. Side effects for me are headaches and a fog like state of mind."

Usagi Kaneki (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2018

For Bacterial Infection "I've given Augmentin a low rating not because it is ineffective as an antibiotic, but because the side effects have been awful for me. I received a nasty dog bite with a deep puncture and was put on Augmentin as a precaution to prevent infection. I wish I had just taken the risk. I took 2 pills daily for 10 days. About 4 days in I developed severe diarrhea that lasted 4 days straight. I took probiotic supplements and Imodium which helped only a little. After the period of diarrhea I became constipated for a few days, and then the diarrhea returned. Currently it's been 9 days since I finished my last pill and the cycle of bowel distress has not cleared up. I'm continuing to take probiotics and I'm hoping my stomach will calm down before too long, but it's been an awful couple of weeks and I regret my decision to take the Augmentin preemptively. On the plus side the bite wound healed just fine with no infection, so that's something."

Tom (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2018

For Aspiration Pneumonia "Augmentin caused severe neurological issues with my mother where she exhibited stroke systems without having one and was very lethargic and lacked motor function. My father became very nauseous with severe headaches. I don't know why this drug is pushed on elderly people and want to tell everyone to beware of it!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2018

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection "CHOCOLATE WITH AUGMENTIN!!! I had a upper respiratory infection cough, cold &sinus infection I took Sudafed and Musine. For a month wasn't getting any better so I went to the doctor and was put on Augmentin 875mg. Dr said to take probiotic with the medicine. Pharmacy told me to eat chocolate while taking Augmentin and I have had no problems.I BOUGHT A BAG OF DARK CHOCOLATE CHIPS."

Annie (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2018

"My knees (both) started to hurt like hell, unfortunately at the end of dosage. The pain is also spreading through muscles to the hips and below to the feet. It's like a rush of hot feeling with tingles and a pain. Also, a bit swollen finger joints and a bit of pain in them too. Symptoms are common like as for the arthritis. Not sure how much this condition and symptoms will last, if someone has passed the same, share you details please. I'm currently on a diet, cleaning my guts and trying to cure them, while taking chlorella, Probiotics and waiting for Glucosamine(+chondroitin, MSM) to heal the joints."

atha (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2018

For Sinusitis "I suffer from fibromyalgia and arthritis, so am already on a regimen of meds. I developed a severe sinus problem after oral surgery which opened into my sinus cavities. Nothing, including sinus surgery, and carefully chosen antibiotics, kicked it. I lost my sense of smell and taste. My doctor and I decided to try with Àugmentin 875- 2x/day. I was warned. I take a super probiotic between doses, and eat yogurt. I am also eating a good amount of mild healthy food. Nausea-yes, but no vomiting. Rough diarrhea that is less urgent after 8 days. Much fatigue, but I am used to that. I am halfway thru a 21-day prescription and can now taste and smell (that began with a strange tinge that has gone away) and feel less drained from infection. No yeast issues, but being vigilant just the same. I still have 10 days to go and, although used to feeling lousy anyway, I can feel the absence of the rampant sinus issues. No more throat glop or constant heavy nose-blowing."

Karen March 4, 2018

For Otitis Media "I was prescribed Augmentin for healing my ear infection. I threw up shortly after taking the first dose, I felt dizzy and very unwell. I will never take this medicine again. I feel worse than I did before taking it. Amoxicillin by itself should do the trick, without all the side effects of Augmentin."

Carmen (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2018

For Sinusitis "I feel comforted reading the feedback on this because I thought maybe I was losing my mind. I have had sinus infections for years and finally tried antibiotic approach. I had no idea the side effects would be so awful! Stay near a toilet or wear Depends. On day one I "sharted" in public, then started daily taking anti-d med which didn't even help. Vomited twice during the week but that was probably me being bad for drinking alcohol. Horrible headaches, fatigue and brain fog (to the point my boss asked me if I was ok just passing the hallway) and long bouts of weird fever-sleep. The worst part is, either I got a cold virus by chance, or this hasn't worked at all...it's hard to tell but it feels more like a cold. Awful from start to end."

ECGA (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2018

For Sinusitis "Given Augmentin for Sinusitis after dental implant and sinus lift caused the sinusitis. Dose was 3 times a day for 14 days. This was a bad infection and cause fluid build up in sinuses, so Sudafed was also prescribed twice a day. Was having fever symptoms before taking Augmentin and the fever became less but didn't quite go away. It would come back randomly for short periods. It made food taste differently and in some ways spoiled my appetite. It also made me feel different all over. I made sure to eat something before taking Augmentin and as long as I also took a probiotic immediately after taking it, I had no stomach issues, but LOTS of gas especially in the morning. Felt somewhat better after 3 days, and much better after 7. Because I had C-Diff from Clindamycin in 2006 (after an dental abcess) which was very difficult to get rid of, it took almost 6 weeks of Flagyl and Vancomycin to do so, I am very reluctant to take any antibiotic unless I absolutely need it."

Ron February 23, 2018

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection "I took it for a resp/sinus infection. I'm on day 5 and feel about 75% better. Still have yellow phlegm, but not as much as 5 days ago, sinuses are still clogged 50% of the day now. Using flonase and Tylenol as needed. The pills taste absolutely yuck, leaves an aftertaste as bitter as anything I've ever eaten. Takes about an hour to go away. Side note: Augmentin is not a "cure-all" It takes care of quite a few infections, but remember, the negative reviews you see here are from people who aren't responding to it. That means 1 of 2 things: You aren't taking it correctly or you're infection is something outside the spectrum that augmenttin can't cure. Now, the best thing to do would be to run cultures, but those cost a nice penny. So, it's just easier to start you on meds because it would most likely cover the organism you have. NOT EVERY infection is the same. Take all reviews w/ a grain of salt."

ricosiko (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2018

For Sinusitis "Day 5 and my sinus congestion is as bad if not worse. Had a fever on day 2, chronic headache despite drinking a gallon of water a day. Ruptured my eardrum Day 2 blowing my nose after using the neti pot my doctor insisted I try (never again!). So now I’m not supposed to blow my nose. Every other antibiotic I’ve been on started clearing up my symptoms within 2 days. As a teacher it’s next to impossible to be effective while sick like this. I have sinus and ear pain and tooth pain to contend with on top of lethargy and chronic headache. So for me Augmentin has been ineffective. Never again."

Kvaughn0719 February 10, 2018

For Pneumonia "It effectively put me in the hospital with c-dif a month after. Could of died. Not happy with this drug. As it killed every bacteria and the good bacteria too."

Antown February 8, 2018

For Sinusitis "6 weeks after stopping this. I still have nausea and exhaustion"

Photowonder (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2018

For Otitis Media "I had ear infection, the dr. gave me augmentin didn't help at all."

mos tzar January 8, 2018

For Sinusitis "I took Augmentin for Sinusitis and have been taking since 8 days that makes it 16 tablets and I still haven't noticed any side effect due to it. No diarrhea, no headache and no any other side effects that are usually described. In 8 days, my pain is reduced to 70% as I now need only 1 pain killer tablet through out a day (before this, I was taking thrice a day). I'm also taking steam and using Saline Nasal drops."

jaribhai (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2018

For Otitis Media "It made me throw up, dizzy, stomach ache and pale skin on first dose. I have a double ear infection. I did not gave any of the symptoms prior to taking it. I only had extreme pain in ears."

Double ear infection. January 3, 2018

For Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth "After two years of very helpful regiments of xifaxin my insurance will no longer cover it. My gastro wants me to take augmentin, back to square one. She must have forgotten that before the xifaxin I took augmentin and my symptoms would worsen with higher levels of bacteria that would spread. No No No!"

Sadder December 26, 2017

For Sinusitis "Was put on this for an ear and sinus infection. By my second day I was having bad stomach cramps, excessive bowel movements, some diarrhea, nausea, body aches, joint pain, fatigue, brain fog, nerve tingling in legs and feet, Constant headache, also I began spotting on my second day and it was one week before my period was due, this never happens, I spotted until my period started. I have three more days left and I feel worse than I did before I started it. My ear isn’t completely better yet either, my sinuses have cleared up some but not all the way. I called my dr and he said he is hesitant to change my script as my infection was/is so bad, asked that I just push through side effects. Never again!"

Yoda’s Angel (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2017

For Sinusitis "Knocked out a sinus infection in 4 days. No stomach discomfort(took Rephresh probiotic and Florastor). Got a pretty bad yeast infection but diflucan knocked that out."

Dreamgal31 (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2017

For Sinusitis "So today I started Augmentin & I’m 18... so after I took it, I felt light headed & very nauseous. Like so nauseous I was burping a lot. I haven’t made a Bowel movement since I’ve taken it so I don’t know for I have diarrhea.? And my stomach just HURTS. Should I stop taking it?"

LeahBae November 13, 2017

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection "I have always had bad sinusitis this time it lead to my ear, nose, throat and eyes. I had to do something I was prescribed Augmentin 875 mg bid 10 days. (I received Amox/Clav). It has not cleared anything up and not to mention tonight I have severe nausea and thrush. Luckily I have a prescription for nausea on hand. I do not recommend this medicine."

Dr. Davidson (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2017