User Reviews for Augmentin

Learn more about Augmentin.

Skin and Structure Infection 2 reviews 72 medications

5.6
Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth 1 reviews 4 medications

Summary of Augmentin reviews 182 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Augmentin

For Sinusitis "I took Augmentin starting last week for a sinus infection. The first few days were fine, and I felt relief from the pressure of the infection. However, by day 5, my stomach hurt so badly, and around my body to the back. I could not eat. My stomach was rock hard and I felt so bloated. I could only suffer through day 8. I had to stop. I cannot tolerate this medication, and will never take it again."

Patricea August 27, 2016

For Sinusitis "Prescribed a 10 day round for sinus infection in February 2016. Immediately developed digestive issues, cramping, loose bowel movements, gas and bloating. It is now 6 months later and I am still battling the issues. Doctors first thought it was UC, but after colonoscopy now thinks IBD or IBS, maybe Celiac. I'm headed to hospital for additional testing."

KatStevens123 August 24, 2016

For Sinusitis "I was prescribed Augmentin 875 mg 2times a day for 10 days... I took it for 5 days and it seemed to be working to clear up the sinus infection but I had to stop taking it because it gave me the worst yeast infection I have ever had in my life. I read someone else's comments about their tongue swelling and having ulcers on it, thus is oral thrush or a yeast infection on the tongue. I had to take 7 days of diflucan and eat plain yogurt to get rid of it. And I had to stop taking the Augmentin. I tried to start back taking it in halves but the yeast infection in my mouth came back. So I had to get more plain yogurt with probiotics to get rid of it. I can not take this medicine."

Marshie August 23, 2016

For Strep Throat "Completely useless medication. Been taking this for 5 days and absolutely none of my symptoms have cleared up. This morning I woke up with a pounding headache and I am about to throw up. Avoid at all costs"

HhhbjkkjhhjB August 19, 2016

For Sinusitis "I was prescribed Augmentin for a sinus infection. Worst medication experience of my life. I never get headaches, and after just three doses I had the worst headaches. My head throbbed. I couldn't sleep. My vision was impaired. I had excruciating stomach pains. I was far sicker than I was prior to going to the doctor. I will never take this horrible medication again. Beware of the side effects if you do."

Forever Anonymous August 8, 2016

For Strep Throat "Had severe infection and fever the meds helped me , I had become resistant to azi , was given 1000mg with steroids to get me back on feet , hiccups followed for 6 days"

axat July 29, 2016

For Bacterial Infection "Took it via IV for five days in hospital for diviculitus infection,temperature dropped in a day and inflammation decreased. But had to take two more courses after being discharged to fully clear the infection I found the sickness and nausea very harsh and felt very weak when on it,surprisingly it didn't upset my stomach Side effects cleared very quickly a few days after stoping it,I would rather take this than the dangerous alternative cipro.So would probably take again even though the side effects were difficult"

Andy Perkles July 26, 2016

For Otitis Media "I had a swollen gland under my palate due to an ear infection & was give a 7 day Rx for this drug. I ended up stopping with 2 days to go. I have severe itching (feels like bugs crawling on me) yeast infections including in my mouth, severe diarrhea, nausea, heartburn, lethargy & no appetite. It has been 3 full days since I took this vile drug & I am still losing weight. I am now down 10 lbs and it shows no signs of slowing down."

Anonymous July 25, 2016

For Sinusitis "As a sufferer of many sinus and ear infections, I knew with this 90 degree heat in ACs with poor air quality that I was going to get sick. Got sick last Wednesday with sinus issues, got worse so went to primary. Dr said didn't think I had a sinus or ear infection so told me to continue on netty pots and Sudafed 24. She did give me a prescription if I wasn't feeling better by Monday (today). After a weekend still feeling miserable, got prescription. Usually I get amoxicillin, and when looked at the script, it had amoxicillin clav so I didn't think anything of it. I pick up the script. Take pill on way to work. Sick within an hour. Googled and found was given generic of Augmentin. Never again! Threw up for an hour straight - not worth it!"

KAB1234 July 18, 2016

For Sinusitis "Took Augmentin for severe sinusitis, after 2 hours started vomiting it would not stop, rushed to medical centre, given an injection to stop the vomiting didn't work, vomiting continued until only bile and blood was coming out, then given Zofran wafers finally the vomiting subsided, but the stomach and chest pain continued all night. Worst experience :("

Bankstown July 12, 2016

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection "I have Emphysema, because I worked in a school swimming pool, and therefore was in contact, with Sodium Hypochlorite--which is Chlorine in it's neat state---. At a routine medical was found out to be deadly allergic to Chlorine, and so had to leave the pool. Living life with Emphysema, is hard. Augmentin--or Co-Amoxiclave as it's known by in G.B.. which is where I live, but find U.S.A. web sites more giving with easier to understand articles. As I said C.O.A.D. is hard to live with and I get frequent chest infections all year round, but find Augmentin is the all round Antibiotic for me, as I don't get any side affects, so maybe I'm one of the lucky ones that way. It is easy to take, and very easy to break in half, if you find it big ."

Lynda McEachran (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2016

For Sinusitis "I am at the end of day 3 of the medication and I can't do it anymore. The side effects are making life miserable, just in a different way than I started with. I went in because of the headache and congestion that would not respond to anything over the counter plus vertigo. The vertigo went away after the first day of meds but the headache is significantly worse. Additionally, my stomach hurts really bad and constantly feels like I have overeaten a mass amount all the time, whether I have eaten or not. I have also has some mild diarrhea. So not worth it for me!"

CaliPoppy June 16, 2016

For Bacterial Infection "As advised by doctor take with probiotics - took one pill 830 (1/2) apart then around 1100 started throwing up for over an our then got diarrhea - guess I didn't have enough food on stomach - will not complete dosage."

Spoutrun June 10, 2016

For Sinusitis "Augmentin knocks out sinus infections faster and better than any other medication I've tried. Eat some greek yogurt while taking it and you won't have any stomach issues."

Blancabell (taken for 10 years or more) June 4, 2016

For Sinusitis "DO NOT TAKE AUGMENTIN! I am healthy (run marathons-no pre-existing cond.) & never take meds. I was prescribed this for headache (after vehicle accident) and a little sinusitis at Onpoint. I was so sick & after 5 days (my heart starting hurting, lost all healthy bacteria (worst diarrhea & stripped stomach lining) had fiery red rash after 10 days all over my body! It took 2 wks for the rash to go away after I got off Augmentin. My body systems have never been same!! destroyed them.THIS IS TOXIC tell your doctors too). If you MUST take antibiotic use something safer. Also, my husband (really healthy) didn't quite believe me. He was prescribed it he was flat on his back/couch vomiting & couldn't MOVE after 2 days! he stopped immediately"

Anonymous May 19, 2016

For Strep Throat "So, got another strep infection. Haven't had one in a couple years. But you can always tell because you get fever and chills (like seizure shaking), pain when you swallow, and my tell-tale sign--dragon-hot Fire breath. Anyway, checked my throat out and it was bright red with white spots, patches of pus. I went to urgent care on my lunch and sure enough rapid strep test positive. I was prescribed augmentin 875 twice per day for 10 days. I just took my third pill and I already feel so much better. Wish I hadn't have waited 2 days."

Nurse Kate (taken for less than 1 month) April 16, 2016

For Bacterial Infection "After 10 day dosage I developed severe diarrhea with bloody stools.(C-diff) Went to ER and was diagnosed with c-diff. Have been I'll ever since and am now lactose intolerant. Took metronidazole for 14 days but still have symptoms . Horrible experience."

Jodi4merom April 15, 2016

For Sinusitis "Completely and totally killed the sinus infection. Ive lost some sense of smell."

AEJ2 (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2016

For Strep Throat "On tamiflu for the flu, zpack for strep-throat and motrin for pain and fever. Day 2: me begging please give me penicillin please.. my throat began to swell and was covered with infection. I went to urgent care and was given prednisone shot along with Rocephin shot. Followed with prescription for prednisone, augmentin and diflucan. IMMEDIATELY the augment kick the hell out of the strep-throat. I began spitting out the infection.. the flu symptoms subsided. And all is right in the world. I had the runs, upset stomach and yeast infection.. all of those pale in comparison to strep-throat and the flu"

AEJ2 April 10, 2016

For Sinusitis "I am currently staying in the hospital overnight with an infected colon ( thought it was appendicitis it was so close), crazy watery diarrhea, vomiting, severe stomach cramps, and therefore dehydration. I have never had digestive problems like this and I've never been in a hospital overnight. This is seriously because of augmentin. Do not take this drug!"

Ughhhhh (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2016

For Strep Throat "Am now on day 2 of meds still in horrible pain.hurts so much to swallow any type of food or water.. Fever is under control thanks to round the clock advil and Tylenol.no relief as of yet hoping that it starts to help.."

still in severe pain March 31, 2016

For Bronchitis "Excellent antibiotic for bronchitis! I haven't been sick in over 1 year since full time retirement as a nurse manager; Spring hit early in Rhode Island, with its fluctuating temperatures & abounding viruses/bacteria and wham! Sickness W a nagging cough and productive sputum came with it. Augmentin for 7"days was prescribed by the NP. On day 4, and feeling much better"

RetiredRN2 March 30, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "I was prescribed this twice a day for 7 days. I'm halfway through and I recently developed severe headaches, decreased appreciate, decreased urination, and shortness of breath. No diahrrea yet, but I did feel nauseous this morning. I hope not to get diahrrea because I'm trying to heal an anal fissure. I tested negative for some common STDs so I don't know what I have but my groin lymph nodes still seem to be swollen. :/"

SadBirdie (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2016

"This Medicene makes me sick!!! Nauseated so bad.! Will call Doctor to see if their is another option. No way I can take this for several more days."

Drun March 25, 2016

For Bacterial Infection "Makes me feel anxious buzzing in ears..took the infection away but it makes me feel off..calling the dr in the morning to get off this crap"

Never again will i use it (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2016