User Reviews for Augmentin

Learn more about Augmentin.

Strep Throat 22 reviews 30 medications

5.2
Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth 1 reviews 4 medications

Summary of Augmentin reviews 218 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Augmentin

For Bacterial Infection "This is one of the worst experience in my entire life. After taking Augmentin , I had diarrhea for a week, yeast infection, dry red rashes at the palm of my hands and inner thighs, hemorrhoids, exhaustion, blurry vision, increased heart rate which caused me not able to sleep. I WILL NEVER take Augmentin again, worst meds in the world."

duckwai (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis "I've had sinus problems for so many years - blocked sinus, headaches, temple pressures, allergic episodes. I couldn't breathe also had sore throat. So I decided to take action for once and got prescribed for a 7 day trial of augmentin, plus 24 hour claritin and nasal spray 2 times of each nostril every 3 hours as needed. The first days where hell because of my bodies reaction to this antibiotic. Since I believe it was due to me never using any antibiotics ever.I got chills, high fevers of 102-104. weakness. bed ridden fatigue. headache. it was horrible (although this could have been symptoms of infection) I started to take Tylenol to control the fever, it was god send (Acetaminophen 500mg). I took 2 tablets every 6 hours which did the trick. But the fevers ended day 4. after everything got better after."

Luis justice 13 May 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis "AVOID, AVOID. I was prescribed this for what was diagnosed as a bacterial upper respiratory infection. Have never had issues with antibiotics before. Yes, it improved my symptoms from the infection....but every day, I had a POUNDING heartbeat in the mornings...and it was causing profound fatigue and weakness every day. Didn't figure it out until after I took it the morning of day 5 and did some research. I STOPPED THAT TOXIC MEDICINE then and there. It's now 48 hours after I stopped it and I still have easy fatigue and palpitations. AVOID!!!!"

JAB in Colorado May 7, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis "I had a sinus infection and was put on augmentin for a week. I suffered from horrific headaches. I wanted someone to just knock me out because I couldn't handle the horrible headaches all day and night. My taste was affected as well. Even water didn't taste good. My stomach also affected me and I did take a probiotic. I wouldn't take this medication ever again."

JIS April 29, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis "Prescribed an 8-day prescription of Augmentin and I would not recommend this poison to anyone else, EVER. I wake up every day with a headache like my head is in a vice and stomach cramps that rival the pain of the sinus infection I went in for in the first place. And yes, I eat yogurt and take extra probiotics. My heart beats like a horses hooves on a racetrack and keeps me up far past any respectable time to go to sleep. I don't feel like myself at all, I'm telling you so you can run far away from this treacherous toxic substance."

Stonecoldsteveaustin April 21, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchitis "I'd been struggling with a very nasty Bronchitis for over 10 days, had been taking useless Amoxicillin to no avail. Switched over to Augmentin Duo Forte and had some much needed relief in only 5 hours. I've found this combo very effective for Bronchitis/Pneumonia and Sinus, which I suffer every April with a change in Weather. Sure you do need to take some probiotics. All good from me."

Strong and Effective April 19, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis "Medication very effective for sinus infection, some doctors recommend Omeprazole for the GI effects, it reduce highly stomach pain."

Hillman1 April 18, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection "This drug took care of my infection but did have side effects. I took med with food but my stomach hurt after taking the med. The pain was horrible. Made it to day 9 before I connected the stomach pain to the med."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis "Right after the first dose, I experienced the worst stomach cramps, gas, bloating...all the way into my chest. It seemed to help my sinus infection, but nothing is worth that type of pain. I couldn't keep food down, I don't have issues with acid reflux, until I started taking augmentin. I tried one more dose, before I quit and I went to my regular doctor, and he agreed that this stuff is harsh on your stomach, and changed to different antibiotic. I tried drinking a lot of water, yogurt, and I increased my intake of probiotics, but so far nothing is helping. I am hoping this horrid feeling will go away eventually."

Mimi59 (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis "I stopped taking mine this morning, with five doses remaining.The day I began the augmentin, I experienced shortness of breath. I chalked that up to being sick. The next day of taking them, I noticed the insomnia. It was 3:30 a.m. and I thought it was 9 p.m. I was wide awake. Morning before last, I woke to find something that felt like pork fat sitting in my jaw. I pulled it out. The entire inside of my inner left cheek had peeled off and bled like mad. It is healing but eating is miserable. The final straw was, at the time my cheek peeled, I started having a left side facial tic and extreme tenderness beneath my jaw bone on that side. I WON'T be taking this again."

Jegra4355 March 17, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Skin and Structure Infection "Started on augmentin the day prior to a simple tooth extraction. It gave me a slightly upset stomach but quickly subsided with yogurt/probiotics etc. Took more augmentin after extraction, no upset stomach but noticed tiny bumps on lower half of face and neck. Started to feel hot and kind of itchy, very shaky. Shortly after I started burping and felt hungry like I hadn't eaten in days. An hour after 3rd dose was like a scene from the Exorcist. Never vomited so hard in my entire life, it was painful. Doc said to stop taking it - no duh. Stopped taking augmentin but nausea and exorcist vomiting still here. Face still hot and bumpy, skin itchy. Never allergic to reg. amoxicillin. I want this new med outta my system! NEVER AGAIN"

worse off (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection "After one dose I was in ER. I was vomiting violently and became very confused. My husband said I kept asking the same questions over and over. I had memory loss and still can't remember the day I took the dose. I had an MRI and did not have a stroke, all other tests were normal. It might work well for some but clearly it really affects others negatively."

rhaeg (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection "BEST thing in the world for a ear infection. Dries up the water in the ear along with killing the bacteria running amok in there. Have used this for 30 years for my annual weather change induced inner ear infection with no side effects. Works better than a z-pak."

Dhk12300 January 17, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis "I found this to be a safe and effective drug. I have chronic sinusitis. A 20 day course puts the sinusitis in remission. I also have small intestine bacterial overgrowth. While I was prescribed the medication for sinusitis, I found a spectacular improvement in my acute and chronic small intestinal bacterial overgrowth."

sinusitis/small intestines (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 16, 2017

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis "Horrible, horrible experience. I'm a healthy (no pre existing conditions, exercises regularly, maintains healthy diet) female in my mid 30s. Rarely take meds, especially antibiotics, so when I do they usually work well. I was a little nervous to take augmentin because the dose was so strong, but the doc was adamant because I had a very severe sinus infection. By the third dose my whole body was reacting. No relief from the sinus congestion, horrible headache, very anxious/nervous, nightmares, night sweats, zero appetite, insomnia, blurred vision, horrible horrible yeast infection (I have never had a yeast infection in my entire life). Called the doc hysterically crying and was told to stop taking it immediately. Stay far away!!"

JennsReviews January 12, 2017

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis "This drug was the worse. I'm still recovering. Starting taking this on 12/28 for SI. I take daily probiotics and increased them since I expected some stomach upset. At first not so bad but by Friday 12/30. The yeast infection from hell reared its ugly head. I had Diflucan on stand by just in case and took it 12/31 and stopped Augmentin altogether Nothing and normally it's hours when I feel relief. I had to get Monistat 1 on New Years to help fight it. Just got relief as of 1/4. Digestive still not normal. Never again. Unless my life depends on it."

TeePooler January 7, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis "Started a 10 day regimen 3 days ago for a sinus infection but stopped today. Terrible GI reaction with diarrhea. Also now having restless legs at night."

Sarah223 December 31, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection "My 16 month old daughter was prescribed this for an ear infection, her first ear infection ever. She's never been on antibiotics before. This drug is tearing up her insides. We're on day four of ten and I'm not giving it to her anymore. Going to the dr today for other options. She's been crying, screaming, writhing with stomach pain and I feel like the cure is FAR worse than the ear infection!!! Wish I'd known how strong it was before I picked it up. Horrible!!!"

Emma's Momma December 30, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Otitis Media "was prescribed a 10 day course of augmentin for ear infection and bronchitis, and by day three had diarrhea, a severe headache and nausea. started probiotics and that helped a little. now after being off of it for 1 day i have developed a yeast infection. the meds did help the infection but i felt like i was going to die in the meantime. i will never take this med again"

Anonymous December 22, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Otitis Media "After 3 doses of 875mg Augmentin for Ear infection had severe abdominal cramping and diarrhea...no relief for the ear...had to call Dr fro different Rx"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 20, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis "I loved the Antibiotic. If you take probiotics and eat yogurt you'll be fine. If you're sensitive to antibiotics and get yeast infections easily. I recommend asking you GP for diflucan 2 pills take it 2 or 3 days into the antibiotic course then on day 6 or 7."

becca313 December 15, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection "I am now on day 7 taking Augmentin for upper respiratory and sinus infection. Was so ill could not wait to start taking it. I feel a lot better but still not there yet. Still have dry cough at night and sinus problems. On 2nd day if taking developed diarrhea very dark and loose. Still have it but not as severe. These are just inconveniences compared to how sick I was. Glad I'm taking it"

Buttercup15 December 15, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis "I would NEVER recommend this drug to ANYONE! Took 1 pill about 3 hours before bed. Finally got to bed at 3 am, and layed there for an hour with such nausea I had to get up. Tried to take some Pepto-Bismol for it and no sooner than I took it, I got violently ill! I was vomiting the rest of the night until around 6 am. I have no problem at all with taking regular Amoxicillin, so whatever else is in here, my body rejects it strongly! One minute I'd be sweating like it was 120 degrees, the next I'd have the chills so bad it felt like I was outside with shorts and a tank top on in the middle of winter (like now). NEVER AGAIN! Stay as far away from this drug as possible!"

Hezz806 (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pneumonia "I always get bronchitis in February. Last February was no exception but it actually went into pneumonia very quickly. Probably had something to do with fact I was moving that week...Worked too hard and got no rest. Had no choice, went to Urgent care and as I said I get bronchitis every yr. Always take Z-pack, good cough syrup and an atomizer and rest and get well. This time they gave me Augmentin. 875 mg. twice a day for 10 days and Steriod round and cough medication. Long story short ended up in ER with Jaundice. and weakness that was indescribable. Spent a wk. in hospital pushing fluids as this was a rare reaction to the Augmentin. Very scary drug. Tested me for everything. Dr was convinced that it was a reaction to the Augmentin."

Millie 7 December 6, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Strep Throat "My opinion is that it is of the best out there.My throat sore(streptoccocus pyogenes) went away in 4 days without any side effects."

Mark Bristol (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2016