User Reviews for Augmentin

1 review 63 medications
Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth

Summary of Augmentin reviews 6.1 274 reviews

Reviews for Augmentin

For Urinary Tract Infection "Augmentin has worked really well on my recent UTI. I started 2 a day Augmentin for 7 days along with copious amounts of Cranberry Juice (see References below) and within less than a day temp was down from 103F to 99F. Pain had dropped from level 8 to a level 2 in a day. Take with yogurt or with a meal, increase fluid and fiber intake. Finish all the medicine even though your symptoms have gone after a few days. Prevention is the best approach. DO Wash hands thoroughly after wiping and before any contact near your urinary tract. References: Kontiokari, T., Sundqvist, K., Nuutinen, M., Pokka, T., Koskela, M., & Uhari, M. (2001). Randomised trial of cranberry-lingonberry juice and Lactobacillus GG drink for the prevention of urinary tract infections in women. Bmj, 322(7302), 1571. Howell, A. B., & Foxman, B. (2002). Cranberry juice and adhesion of antibiotic-resistant uropathogens. JAMA: the journal of the American Medical Association, 287(23), 3082-3083."

HomeDoc August 12, 2018

For Sinusitis "Med taken twice a day for 10 days did not clear up my sinus infection. I still have congested sinus and continue to have green mucus when I blow my nose."

FLgal (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2018

For Bronchitis "had bronchitis going on 1 week and finally visited a Dr. that prescribed Augmentin. Was also given an injection of another antibiotic and a steriod. This evening 12 hours later I'm feeling so much better"

jerrythesurfer (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2018

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection "This caused major bleeding issues for me. After taking for a few days, I started bruising *really* bad and had problems eating anything because my stomach felt like a fire (I took it after eating to try and prevent that, but it didn't work). I was stuck with water, bread, and tiny-cut plain spaghetti. A week into the treatment, I develop a spontaneous LARGE hematoma on my backside that put me in the ER for a night. I may need to have it surgically removed in the next few days."

k (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2018

For Bacterial Infection "This medicine is causing me serious neck, shoulder, and back pain. I took the first dose around 5:30-6pm and woke up the next morning so sore it’s unsafe to drive because it hurts so much to turn my head and check my blind spot. I am supposed to take 875-125 mg tabs (whatever that means) twice a day for 10 days. I’ve taken 11 of 20 and have had difficulty functioning and sleeping since. I can’t wait for it to be over!"

Alana (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2018

For Bronchitis "I've always struggled with asthma/bronchitis since I was a kid. It has always been a yearly thing(usually around the summer). This drug always help me clear out the issue. It does take around 4-5 days with the help of my asthma meds, too.. but nonetheless, really effective. Giving it an 8 mainly because I had tried zithromax before and it relieved symptoms in 2 days."

G June 24, 2018

For Bacterial Infection "This medication seemed to make me urinate more and some abdominal cramps, nothing major. Doctor prescribed 1 tab, twice daily with food for 10 days. It's been 5 days so far (6-23-2018)"

MG1981 (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2018

For Bacterial Infection "I really hated it at first I vomited twice as it had the taste of metal. But then I tried something new and I didn’t feel the taste and had now problems. This is how I did it : First you need to take the amount of Augmentin (it has to be liquid form) you need , then take any type of apple juice about 110 ml , next you add an ice cube , after you add the Augmentin with the apple juice, finally add more apple juice and add a straw. .Now drink Small WARNING: at the end you might feel a little bit of it ."

Someone June 6, 2018

For Sinusitis "Was prescribed Augmentin 875/125 tab twice daily for 10 days for bacterial sinusitis. I am currently on day 8 now. I was a little iffy about this medication the first two days as it did upset my stomach and cause many trips to the restroom even using with food as directed. Day three I had a nasty headache and insomnia. But honestly, by day 4 I felt pretty good. Actually awoke without any congestion. Energy started returning. Day 5-6 I started having some nausea and congestion again upon waking but trips to the restroom stopped. Day 8, mild congestion but feel normal for once. Doc did advise if the post nasal drip etc didn't cease I may need to see an ENT. So I'd say that this med is doing it's job handling the bacterial infection at least. Feel 90% better. Symptoms were uncomfortable when they hit, not unbearable."

Jelz June 5, 2018

For Sinusitis "For a case of chronic sinusitis I was prescribed Augmentin. I took it for 10 days and had to stop as it was really messing with my gut. The main symptom of my sinusitis was a foul smell that can best be described as an "infected gym sock". The Augmentin did nothing for this. About two years later I was prescribed Keflex, and within two days the nasty smell was gone. Unfortunately, I now have a "sweet smell" and still suffer from not being able to smell most of the time. The sweet smell is much easier to live with, but I'll be going back to the doc to get a different prescription and hopefully can get rid of the sweet smell and restore my sense of smell."

DJ (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2018

For Bacterial Infection "I have 3 days left of Augmentin for sinus infection. I have had a mild headache and stomach cramps since taking this medicine. I forgot to take a pill at dinner and instead took it before bed. I couldn't get to sleep since I became very stuffy to the point that I couldn't breathe out of my nose. I started to feel heavy in my chest so I had to get up to get my breathing under control. I didn't realize that others have had similar side effects. I will call my doctor and see if she recommends I finish the medicine. No Augmentin for me next time."

Berni (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2018

For Bacterial Infection "I took it for a severely abscessed tooth. It did clear up after 5 days (2 1000mg tabs a day). However I felt horrible the entire time. Gave me so much anxiety that I had 2 panic attacks. I had headaches, stomach pain and diarrhea. No appetite even though you have to eat in order to tolerate the medicine. My infection was really bad and I'm thankful that the augmentin cleared it up but I'm not sure if I would be willing to take it again."

Jeffsgirl (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2018

For Bacterial Infection "Took the med for a sinus infection. ..worked well...no problem. Took it for a second infection...intestinal pain so bad I thought I might not survive."

Dpp514 (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2018

For Bacterial Infection "I don't tolerate antibiotics very well at all. I was put on this and it was ok at first. After a couple of days I definitely had severe nausea and some dizziness. I really had to force myself to eat. I was on 500 mg 2x daily for 10 days. I only made it for those 6 days, I wish I had made myself push through but I couldn’t work dizzy. I also itched a little bit not bad. Did not help UTI, probably because I stopped 4 days early. Side effects lingered a week even after I stopped."

Bossphio (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2018

For Otitis Media "So much pressure in my ears so I was prescribed augmentin. Couple days in I notice my left arm kinda hurts but paid no attention. Start having very large and constant bowel movements that smell like the pills lol. On the 9th day I break out in a cold sweat, fever, terrible left arm pain, and muscle weakness. Go to urgent care thinking I'm having a heart attack. Discontinue drug. Symptoms still persist and I think I have tendonitis in my left shoulder now. Very dizzy and weak despite stopping medication 4 days ago."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2018

For Sinusitis "Had a sinus infection for almost 2 months. Always have sinus issues. Completely better after 5 pills, 2 1/2 days. No side effects."

Jane May 5, 2018

For Bacterial Infection "It blows my mind that so many others are on here, telling people NOT to take this medicine. WHY?! Just because it didn't work for you/gave you a reaction, doesn't mean it won't help the next person. Had I listened to these negative comments, I might've never known the wonders this has worked on me. Long story short.. I've battled a horrible infection in my gums/jaw for a longtime. I was on penicillin, amoxicillin, clindamycin, etc! NOTHING helped at all. Finally landed myself in the ER, and was given augmentin. I was skeptical as nothing else had worked on this infection. Needless to say, I took as prescribed. Ate a meal at the start of ever dose, had yogurt after every dose as well. And it worked amazing for me!! Day 2 infection was finally gone! No harsh side effects, no stomach upsets etc. I truly believe if you've taken this with food and yogurt as you're suppose to, you'll be just fine."

Blah (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2018

"Full water system and kidney infection, had a fever of 101.5 (even after fever reducers, etc) when I was first given Augmentin. Within 12 hours, was feeling significantly better. Within 24, fever broke and abdominal issues began to abate."

Beth (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2018

For Sinusitis "Cleared up my infection pretty quickly. Side effects for me are headaches and a fog like state of mind."

Usagi Kaneki (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2018

For Bacterial Infection "I've given Augmentin a low rating not because it is ineffective as an antibiotic, but because the side effects have been awful for me. I received a nasty dog bite with a deep puncture and was put on Augmentin as a precaution to prevent infection. I wish I had just taken the risk. I took 2 pills daily for 10 days. About 4 days in I developed severe diarrhea that lasted 4 days straight. I took probiotic supplements and Imodium which helped only a little. After the period of diarrhea I became constipated for a few days, and then the diarrhea returned. Currently it's been 9 days since I finished my last pill and the cycle of bowel distress has not cleared up. I'm continuing to take probiotics and I'm hoping my stomach will calm down before too long, but it's been an awful couple of weeks and I regret my decision to take the Augmentin preemptively. On the plus side the bite wound healed just fine with no infection, so that's something."

Tom (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2018

For Aspiration Pneumonia "Augmentin caused severe neurological issues with my mother where she exhibited stroke systems without having one and was very lethargic and lacked motor function. My father became very nauseous with severe headaches. I don't know why this drug is pushed on elderly people and want to tell everyone to beware of it!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2018

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection "CHOCOLATE WITH AUGMENTIN!!! I had a upper respiratory infection cough, cold &sinus infection I took Sudafed and Musine. For a month wasn't getting any better so I went to the doctor and was put on Augmentin 875mg. Dr said to take probiotic with the medicine. Pharmacy told me to eat chocolate while taking Augmentin and I have had no problems.I BOUGHT A BAG OF DARK CHOCOLATE CHIPS."

Annie (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2018

"My knees (both) started to hurt like hell, unfortunately at the end of dosage. The pain is also spreading through muscles to the hips and below to the feet. It's like a rush of hot feeling with tingles and a pain. Also, a bit swollen finger joints and a bit of pain in them too. Symptoms are common like as for the arthritis. Not sure how much this condition and symptoms will last, if someone has passed the same, share you details please. I'm currently on a diet, cleaning my guts and trying to cure them, while taking chlorella, Probiotics and waiting for Glucosamine(+chondroitin, MSM) to heal the joints."

atha (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2018

For Sinusitis "I suffer from fibromyalgia and arthritis, so am already on a regimen of meds. I developed a severe sinus problem after oral surgery which opened into my sinus cavities. Nothing, including sinus surgery, and carefully chosen antibiotics, kicked it. I lost my sense of smell and taste. My doctor and I decided to try with Àugmentin 875- 2x/day. I was warned. I take a super probiotic between doses, and eat yogurt. I am also eating a good amount of mild healthy food. Nausea-yes, but no vomiting. Rough diarrhea that is less urgent after 8 days. Much fatigue, but I am used to that. I am halfway thru a 21-day prescription and can now taste and smell (that began with a strange tinge that has gone away) and feel less drained from infection. No yeast issues, but being vigilant just the same. I still have 10 days to go and, although used to feeling lousy anyway, I can feel the absence of the rampant sinus issues. No more throat glop or constant heavy nose-blowing."

Karen March 4, 2018

For Otitis Media "I was prescribed Augmentin for healing my ear infection. I threw up shortly after taking the first dose, I felt dizzy and very unwell. I will never take this medicine again. I feel worse than I did before taking it. Amoxicillin by itself should do the trick, without all the side effects of Augmentin."

Carmen (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2018