User Reviews for Augmentin

Learn more about Augmentin.

Augmentin Rating Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 860 medications used in the treatment of Upper Respiratory Tract Infection.

Reviews for Augmentin to treat Upper Respiratory Tract Infection

"This drug took care of my infection but did have side effects. I took med with food but my stomach hurt after taking the med. The pain was horrible. Made it to day 9 before I connected the stomach pain to the med."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"After one dose I was in ER. I was vomiting violently and became very confused. My husband said I kept asking the same questions over and over. I had memory loss and still can't remember the day I took the dose. I had an MRI and did not have a stroke, all other tests were normal. It might work well for some but clearly it really affects others negatively."

rhaeg (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am now on day 7 taking Augmentin for upper respiratory and sinus infection. Was so ill could not wait to start taking it. I feel a lot better but still not there yet. Still have dry cough at night and sinus problems. On 2nd day if taking developed diarrhea very dark and loose. Still have it but not as severe. These are just inconveniences compared to how sick I was. Glad I'm taking it"

Buttercup15 December 15, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was prescribed Augmentin several months ago for a severe sinus and upper respiratory infection, 8 days into a 10 day course I was even more sick than when I started. I ended up on Levaquin and steriods for 14 days as a result. Once again a few days ago my primary care prescribed Augmentin for another sinus & UTI despite my protests. Within two days my chest is considerably worse and I am also experiencing terrible stomach pain and nausea. I will be on the phone tomorrow insisting on a new medication."

Eonssomd (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My chest infection has got worse after 7 days on Augmentin. I am usually given amoxicillin. So Amoxicillin has kind lost its effectiveness. Augmentin contains Amocilillin as well. I assume this is why it is not working for me. Over here, there's no test or sharing medical history. I think GP's choice of antibiotics is bit ramdon. But if amoxicillin is not working anymore, I would not use Augmentin."

Monica Q October 12, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have Emphysema, because I worked in a school swimming pool, and therefore was in contact, with Sodium Hypochlorite--which is Chlorine in it's neat state---. At a routine medical was found out to be deadly allergic to Chlorine, and so had to leave the pool. Living life with Emphysema, is hard. Augmentin--or Co-Amoxiclave as it's known by in G.B.. which is where I live, but find U.S.A. web sites more giving with easier to understand articles. As I said C.O.A.D. is hard to live with and I get frequent chest infections all year round, but find Augmentin is the all round Antibiotic for me, as I don't get any side affects, so maybe I'm one of the lucky ones that way. It is easy to take, and very easy to break in half, if you find it big ."

Lynda McEachran (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I been on Augmentin for 7 days now. It is helping my upper respiratory infection but I'm having anxiety and very loose stools (very dark diarrhea) also my heart beats faster than normal too. I've only got 3 days left to take it. I'll be glad when it's done. I also feel fatigued and a little blurry eyes. My body is very sensitive to drugs. But despite all that I do feel it has helped with the upper respiratory problem. I'm just ready to feel better and healthy!"

MsEva58 (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Within 20 hrs (2 doses) I was feeling better. My lungs still hurt when I would cough but they didn't hurt when I would take a shallow breath. I did get a pretty bad headache that was controlled with APAP. Loose stools developed after day 3. I increased fluids and fiber (ice cold smoothy worked great to fulfill these). Day 6 I was back to normal except the loose stool. No other complaints. I was also on pearls and codiene during this time. Side effects well worth benefit after how bad I was hurting."

MurseWI March 5, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have had Augmentin or its generic prescribed for my sinus upper resp infections for 15 years. It Always works. It sometimes takes 15-21 days as I've had many sinus surgeries, but by the end I am clear and good to go! Cipro takes longer and Levaquin made me lose my sense of smell for a year!"

Sinu-Girl (taken for 10 years or more) November 30, 2015

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Great response & no problems! In a 3x lung ca. Pt."

Cancerman (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2015

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"The pharmacist, physician, nurse told me Augmentin could or may give me diarrhea. So I started eating the BRAT diet and yogurt and drinking a lot of water. Mild/dull stomach discomfort with mild cramping on days 1 and 2. Day 3 is when diarrhea started. On the 7 days order."

R_R March 11, 2015

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Cleared up my symptoms within a couple of days. Felt much better after day 8. No side effects, as I also take acidophilus."

BlinkyLoo February 2, 2015

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was prescribed this to treat my sinus infection. It's been almost two days now and while I feel slightly better, the nausea and upset stomach is too much for me. I have eaten both yogurt or rice before taking it and I still get very sick. It is also making everything I eat seem extremely salty. Even when I breathe, I taste salt. I've called my doctor and they're changing my antibiotic to something else. Apparently this one is making my potassium levels rise too high."

Halli (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2014

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Great antibiotic to treat my Upper Respiratory Infection."

dricha November 26, 2014

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Was prescribed Augmentin for sinus and upper respiratory infection and within 48 Hrs I felt remarkably better. Before taking any meds I felt as bad as I have ever felt with any type of cold related illness. I will now request this Med next time I have any similar illness. I did not experience any side effects except maybe a little thirsty. If so it was minor enough that I wasn't 100% sure that it was even a side effect."

DavidM77 November 19, 2013

46 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was put on Augmentin for my upper respiratory infection and sinus infection that I had at the same time as each other. After taking it for 2 days I was feeling 80% better. People told me to watch out for side effects such as upset stomach and loose stool, I made sure to have a yogurt before each pill I took and never had an issue."

Sam89 August 26, 2013

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I take Augmentin when I get a sinus infection and it works fast."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2012

33 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Used it for a 2 year old for bronchitis and was very effective. Difference seen in 2 days. I used Orelox before that and it did not help at all. With any chest, sinus related infection Augmentin is the way to go."

revue April 15, 2011