User Reviews for Clindamycin

Also known as: Cleocin, Cleocin HCl, Cleocin Pediatric, Cleocin Phosphate, Cleocin Phosphate ADD-Vantage

Learn more about Clindamycin.

Aspiration Pneumonia 1 reviews 63 medications

Pneumonia 1 reviews 182 medications

3.5
Summary of Clindamycin reviews 339 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Clindamycin

For Sinusitis: "I was given this for a severe sinus infection, I have taken the full prescription as noted and am still suffering ailments of the sinusitis, each time the med is taken I cough uncontrollably, have the nastiest metallic taste in my mouth along with nausea and an enormous amount of heartburn,feverish feeling almost like I am sunburned I took 2 150mg 4x a day for 10 days. Will try to avoid this one next time."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2017

For Bacterial Infection: "My dentist put me on clindamycin after I had my wisdom teeth taken out because of the infection in my gums (and I'm allergic to penicillin). I read reviews before taking this and was terrified. I've always had a weak stomach, suffering from both IBS and acid reflux. I always made sure to drink half a bottle of water and eat part of my meal before taking this. After taking the pill, I'd drink a full bottle of water and finish my meal. Besides feeling bloated from so much water, I never had any side effects from this antibiotic. I was on 300 mg every 6 hours. No issues."

texmex92 January 15, 2017

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Hi , I got Clindamycin 300mg 3 times a day. I have swollen skin infection on my cheek. I have read the reviews here before I took the capsule. I was too scared to take it, but due to my infection, I must go through with it. I am on my fourth capsule. I took some of reviewers advice, in which I drank a glass of water before my meal- eat half of my meal- then took the capsule- with glass of water then finishes my meal. Drink another glass of water after. Not to lay down for an hour. Better a little bit more time cause it takes time to digest it. Then about two hours later I ate yoghurt- activia probiotic. I take my capsule in the morning, noon, and evening around 6-7 p.m. Then I have plenty of time to rest over night."

Pinkone1 January 15, 2017

For Bacterial Infection: "Effective for treating bacterial tooth/gum infection, but the side effects were significant. Ulcer-like stomach pain, gas & intestinal cramping were the most worrying. I also felt weepy and depressed for no reason while taking clindamycin (which has happened to me on other antibiotics like Cipro). I also noticed achy bone and joint pains intermittently. I just felt generally unwell while taking this medication. Use caution if you're in a hospital setting or take a proton pump inhibitor, as clindamycin is the antibiotic most likely to cause C. diff infection."

Maude Findlay (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2017

For Bone infection: "I was prescribed this for a tooth infection by day 2 I had to go the the hospital as the infection spread to my bones in my face. They gave me an IV dose in the emergency room and then had to go back for another at 11pm then again at 830am the next day. They hooked me up to an IV pump so I could have my 3 doses a day at home. Day 2 of IV and I have fever chills all of my joints ache and have major kidney pain. And the heartburn omg its so bad. Didn't think I would get the heartburn with an IV. I have to say I'm not a fan of this medication. Only a few more days left of this hell I hope. Still haven't eaten anything more than peanut butter since my mouth and face hurts so much. Not a drug I would recommend"

Tan83 (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2017

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I have an abscess on my jaw and I've been on clindamycin for 3 days(450 mg 3x per day) the abscess was originally about 2"x2" and just under my skin. I have been using hot packs as well as following my prescribed dose of clindamycin and in 3 days time most of the swelling has gone down and the abscess is bout half of the size of originally was. I'm only giving it an 8 because I haven't finished the 7 day script yet but I'm hoping things will continue to heal up and go down and will be mostly or all the way gone but so far it seems the clindamycin is working well for me."

Melissaleigh316 January 9, 2017

For Bacterial Infection: "I was prescribed this for a infection on my knee and I am in a love hate relationship with this drug. Sure it did the trick (cleared it up and some of my acne as well) by the side effects were HORRIBLE. Every single night I would have a stabbing feeling in my back and chest that would last hours causing me to lose sleep... I would only recommend this if it is ABSOLUTELY necessary"

TheInfected (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2017

For Bacterial Infection: "I took this antibiotic for a tooth infection and it worked over all. The first day I was alright, but into the second day, I started having diarrhea. Now, almost 2 weeks later, I still have diarrhea and it's beginning to bother me because I have to go to the bathroom after I eat any little thing. I recommend any other antibiotic except clindamycin."

Disgruntled and Perturbed January 6, 2017

For Bacterial Infection: "I had a Staphylococcus Aureas infection. I had to take 4 times a day for 10 days, do recommend a probiotic. Had chapped lips and drainage of the scalp from staph infection, however after 2nd day, oozing did stop, after day 4, chapped lips went away. I did experience a heat rash and some intense cramps and bloating, but my skin did clear up really well, all my acne cleared. Did experience some nausea and diahrrea. Overall it took care of the problem for the time being but I finished my treatment last week and my chapped lips are back."

mrrmrrm January 6, 2017

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I've had BV for the past 8 months and they always prescribe clindamycin and it always came back then they gave me Metronidazole. And the smell was gone by my second pill I couldn't be more happy"

Jaybaby January 5, 2017

For Bacterial Infection: "I was given to the clindamycin for a infection following a root canal. About 18 hours later after taking my first dose I was more or less drained of every ounce of energy that I had had the chills, light headed and extremely fatigued. The dr. That prescribed me this antibiotic never told me that I should take probiotics to replace all the bacteria that this medicine kills. After 5 days of being bedridden I discovered that I needed to take probiotics while taking this medicine. I thought I had the flu for sure with joint pain, chills and fatigue. I'm a very active person with plenty of energy and for the most part in very healthy but because I did not get the proper instructions from my doctor this medicine floored me. Get proper instruction"

Jspaz January 4, 2017

For Bacterial Infection: "Do not take this medicine! With almost any antibiotics it's smart to take a probiotic and to take on a full stomach (except the ones you need to take on an empty stomach). So I had the normal slight nausea. But about 5 days into taking it I started to hurt in my muscles like before you get the flu. Then I woke up in the middle of the night and I could hardly move. The joint pain in my wrists and back was unbearable. Not to mention extreme diarrhea. It's been about two weeks with the pain I'm not sure I'll ever start to feel better."

Alyrae (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2017

For Surgical Prophylaxis: "It was horrible to take. It made me dizzy, weak, nauseous, and have bad lower back pain. And I was only on a 150mg dose"

NJshsna January 1, 2017

For Bacterial Infection: "I'm 2 months pregnant and was prescribed clindomycin for a vaginal bacterial infection. Never will I EVER take this pill again. As soon as I took it I got such bad indigestion that I was in tears. I've had heartburn and acid reflux since I was a kid and the pain was NOTHING like this. It feels like there is a burning hot rod lodged in my chest and the pain takes hours to go away. I had to deal with this pain twice a day for two weeks. Do NOT take this medication if you have any other choice."

ExpectingMommy (taken for less than 1 month) December 26, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I took this medication for a tooth infection. I have ulcers so I was concerned. My dentist told me a trick.. drink a half glass of water then eat half of your meal, take the pill, finish your meal and follow with full glass of water. Don't lay down for an hr. I followed his instructions and boom not one side effect. No stomach pain at all. ALWAYS take with food. Medication works wonders. I take 300mg 3x a day."

Ulcerqueen79 December 24, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I'm having heart pains at this very moment! I do not recommend."

negative December 22, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I have been taking this medication for 36 hours, in the first 12 I had bad nausea but that has since past, the pain from 2 abscess has subsided, I still have severe swelling in the face which I am slowly controlling with ice I have a feeling the abscess has broken as I have an awful taste in my mouth. My suggestion is take as prescribed drink lots of water and sleep as much as you can to help your body recover. Good luck everyone"

Calxtia (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I was prescribed clindamycin 4x daily 300mg after 5 days of penicillin had no effect on a tooth infection. I am 14 pills into the 28 pill course. This has worked for me....I take them religiously every 6 hours, 6:00 AM/PM and 12:00 AM/PM. I take them with a small meal (very light at midnight). Small because that's 4 meals a day plus I am taking a good probiotic yogurt or kefir a couple hours after each dose except at night. I wait about 30 mins. before retiring after that midnight dose and take a nap late afternoon or early evening in my recliner. The drug began working on my stubborn infection on the 2nd day. Metallic taste and a slight heartburn when I wake (sometimes) only side effects so far. I'll update a few days after finish."

Big Alan M November 30, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I am the type of person that HATES taking medicine. I got BV about 3 months ago and was prescribed metro. I had always suspected I had an allergic reaction to it, but figured that the cream wouldn't induce it. Boy, was I wrong. I had pain for about 2 months after initially using it (yet, it apparently cleared it up according to lab results). About 2 weeks ago, I relapsed and got BV again (30% of women will relapse after 3 months of clearing BV). I was prescribed Clindamycin orally twice a day for 7 days and wow, it cleared it right up! I started to feel better after the 4th day. I had very light side effects like a minor yeast infection and light indigestion about 20 minutes after taking my medicine. I also took 2 probiotics a day."

BvNoMore November 26, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I had an infection in my wisdom tooth. My dentist gave me this antibiotic. After 2 days of taking it I got very sick. My stomach was hurting really bad to the point I was crying. I was vomiting. That only lasted a day. But now I week later I've been having the diarrhea like crazy. I've never went to the doctor yet cause I'm hoping this will just go away but I don't think it will. DO NOT take this antibiotic. Please don't. It's the worse if you get the side effects that I got."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I was honestly terrified when i read these reviews after being prescribed this after a root canal treatment. I was in a lot of pain during the procedure even though thoroughly frozen, dentist said she saw an infection and prescribed this in case. I was nervous buying it, and overly cautious taking them at the right time, with food, 2 glasses of water. I felt really tired and had a sore throat just after the first 6-8 dosages, and then the pain was gone (after months of it) and no other side effects, so i guess i've hit my stride with it. I'm halfway through now and am less stringent with eating each time, going well so far."

Aisys (taken for less than 1 month) November 21, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "This is the worst antibiotic ever. I had a tooth which got infected. Expect severe heartburn, back pain. Anywhere that you havd ever injured flares up. Stomach issues, flu like symptoms. I had chills then got hot. Minimal exercise and could not breath. Ask your physician for another medication. Its not worth it. Try something else first. My eyelashes itch. Its bad."

Elise M. (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I am allergic to many antibiotics and have taken clyndamycin for abcess in my gums do to tooth infection. It seemed like it was working then seemed like it was getting worse. the antibiotic was working but it takes about 7 to ten days for a full recovery. If you can stand side affects it is worth it. but must be taken with food do to stomach discomfort and dizziness for me."

katiedid1234 November 3, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I've had BV for years and have taken metronidazole numerous times. Even with me following specific vaginal care it still quickly came back. I literally had to use tampons on days i had no period to avoid the discharge and odor on certain days of the month when it shows up. I researched what else could help and saw clindamycin. I took 300mg twice a day for 7 days. From the first day there was 100% improvement. My side effects were minor, gassy/frequent bowel movements, throat felt different but not sore. But that was it for me. I wish i would've been prescribed this sooner."

Ladyldgd (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Stomach cramps, diarrhea and bad breath. A real walking sewer."

Lux1482 (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2016