User Reviews for Clindamycin

Also known as: Cleocin, Cleocin HCl, Cleocin Pediatric, Cleocin Phosphate, Cleocin Phosphate ADD-Vantage

Learn more about Clindamycin.

Aspiration Pneumonia 1 reviews 64 medications

Pneumonia 1 reviews 181 medications

3.5
Summary of Clindamycin reviews 300 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Clindamycin

For Bacterial Infection: "Don't be scared of other's reviews, I came here after being prescribed this medicine because I had never heard of it, and wanted to get more information. After reading all the reviews, most of them telling horror stories about their experience. I followed every letter of the instructions, I took each pill with a 16 oz glass of water, stayed seated or standing for 10-20 minutes, took as prescribed every 6 hours, and took a probiotic once a day. After the first 36 hours I noticed the pain of the infection started to subside and the affected area got smaller. After 72 hours on the medication, I was feeling back to normal. The only side affect I noticed was a slightly upset stomach one day that I forgot to take the probiotic."

mhammer616 August 23, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Had a deep gum abscess, not tooth, but gum, from a piece of popcorn. Dr. Rx was 300mg 3x a day, for 10 days. No problems.. You HAVE to drink tons of water when taking the pill and all day long. Why? To flush out the toxins. When STRONG antibiotics work, they KILL the good and bad bacteria. That die off is called a "Herxheimer" reaction. Thus, the headaches, eye aches, etc. So, up your intake of WATER to help. Then, take probiotics, kefir and yogurt because the GOOD bacteria are killed off in your gut, hence severe diarhhea. C Diff is a dirty hospital issue, it's their big secret, but probiotics will reestablish the GOOD bacteria, very quickly. Hang in there, it is the best medicine ever...."

Dallas Alice August 20, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "Clindamycin is one of the oldest, safest, and most effective broad-spectrum drugs on the market. It must however be taken as directed, meaning you should probably eat something before you take it, you must take the entire prescription, and follow proper dosaging instructions. If you fail to do this, your infection can return, the bacteria can become resistant, which means the bacteria could become immune, and you will no longer be able to take this antibiotic. As someone who is not able to take antibiotics like penicillin due to a life-threatening allergy, I consider this to be a wonder drug. All drugs have contraindications (side effects), the least of which is stomach ache/GI issues."

Sassynsweet (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Severe heartburn from day 1. Never had heartburn before. Toughed it out, ate a lot of Tums which slightly helped. My skin incision finally dried up and scabbed over though so it worked."

For stitch abcess August 14, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I took this medicine for 5 days, and then I decided it was not worth the suffering. The dentist wasn't even sure I needed it, but prescribed it anyway. I stopped taking it because of extreme pain on my left side, right below my breast. It didn't feel like any gas I've ever had, but I guess it was some type of intestinal pain. I was also having frequent, urgent bowel movements though not diarrhea as they warn about. Now five days without the meds, and I'm still nauseous, especially after bowel movements. I'm bloated, gassy, and just generally feel awful. What a mistake it was to trust my dentist on this one!"

Kris 2016 August 14, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I cut my finger working on my car, It was a very dirty wound that required stitches and I was given Clindamycin in order to prevent infection. I do not remember any specific warning about the increased chance of any type of intestinal problems associated with this antibiotic. The Clindamycin caused me to get a C Diff infection that sent me to the ER. Very painful and passing mucus and blood in the stool. I have never experienced anything like this before. I will never take this drug again and suggest doing research before taking this or any other antibiotic. The problems seem to be clearing up after a course of Flagyl and Cipro. More antibiotics to fix the others side effects. Good luck to anyone suffering from this."

Clinda and C diff August 11, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "prescribed for a tooth infection. on day 5 I experience severe pain below the breastbone, extending on both sides under the ribcage. Excessive pain upon swallowing liquids of any kind and any temperature, pain was in the esophogus area near the diaphram. Hearburn and desire to burp without any ability to do so. I discontined use of the drug, symptoms are subsiding but still present slightly. I hope it is reversible! I have not had any GERD or other type problems prior to this drug."

63yFemale July 29, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "Excellent drug! Very fast pain relief (1-2 days) with no side effects. Other antibiotics have made me extremely nauseous, but no problems with this one at all."

Beth G July 28, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I'm on 4 pill per day every 6 hours for 10 days for a really bad gum abcess. On day 5 right now and there is a HUGE difference it's almost gone very small BUT my throat hurts incredibly bad (feels like it did when I had strep ) and my head aches all day as well as some pretty bad vertigo. Trying to push through the rest to get rid of this abcess but I have flu like symptoms besides nausea. Worked a lot better than when I tried penicillin for it but I'm paying for it with the side effects."

Chelsey401 July 21, 2016

For Sinusitis: "It was a little scary to take, after reading these reviews, but I used the recommended high potency softgel probiotics daily and was sure to take dosages on time, with plenty of water and a little food. No stomach upset, no heartburn, no side effects at all, really. I will continue to use the probiotics after my final dosage today, to ensure that things normalize post-treatment. I used a 7-day treatment after not responding to a 7-day treatment of amoxicillin. This seems to have done the trick."

KLlewl July 14, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "Due to an infected tooth, I was given penicillin which didn't work at all. I was then given clindamycin which has left me with such a severe sore throat that keeps me up all night in agonizing pain. Swallowing has me wanting to jump out the window in pain"

Inpainstill (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Used as I am allergic to penicillin - appeared to be a good alternative as I had cellulitis and penicillin is supposed to be the most effective antibiotic. Did have a 11 day hospital stay though."

Lyn2306 (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "Infected tooth dentist gave me this to help the infection. First pill no side affects 2nd pill had me in tears. I felt like my face was going to explode. My sinus cavities were so full of pressure and pain in every direction.. above my eyes below my cheek bones my jaw bones behind my ears even motrin didnt take the pain away... i called my primary care dr. They say ita normal okay ita normal to be in so much pain and feel like your face is going to explode... so i reluctantly took the 3rd pill and i juat cant take anymore same issue pain and the sad fact my tooth pain is gone but my face is hurting so bad im allergic to penicillin so thia was my only alternative"

Mammens10 (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I had penicillin-resistant tonsillitis. A week of amoxicillin had no effect, and I'd had the infection for 3 weeks. It wasn't too severe, but it was steadily getting worse, and I was in no rush to have body parts cut out of my mouth in order to get rid of the infection. An ENT prescribed clindamycin and an anti-inflammatory, and within a single day I visibly saw the infection peeling away from my tonsils (yeah, it was gross, but in a good way)., and all the discomfort was gone. I had no side effects, and haven't yet seen any antibiotics-caused diseases. Maybe it's just a single anecdote, but so are all the other reviews on here. Thought I'd throw in a positive experience."

glester491 July 1, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I had a sever allergic reaction to flagal and never knew their was any other medicine to take for BV but so glad there is!! The flagal tasted awful and the taste stayed in your mouth forever but the Clindamycin worked great, symptoms was gone after day 2 and I felt so much better!!! This is the best thing to take for BV, I had to problems what so ever with this medicine."

SC29605 (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "Severe headach .. Feel like voming ... Severe Diarrhea ...، I stopped it second day .. Was 300mg x2 ... I prefer to have my tooth inductions than having all that side effects.. My bowl was jumping all the day ... I think more researches should be done on it .. Its so dangerous"

Najmi (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "OMG- Dentist gave me for bacterial infection in mouth before oral surgery. I was taking 300mg 4 times a day for 10 days. On the 5th day I became so sick with violent diarrhea and extreme naseua i had to get off. I continued to day 7 at least and told them I could no longer or would no longer take them as I felt like I was going to die. I did my research after and the horror stories for most people that have taken them should have been an alarm to me. I haven't been on antibiotics for years and years and believe in healing holistically and naturally but felt this was an exception to the rule. Trying to step up eradicating infection with even more natural things but don't know since I have been on those dreadful antibiotics."

no name 123 (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I'm taking this for strep throat 10 days 3x a dayat first it worked fine felt like it was helping now I'm almost done and these last few days have been awful I have bad heartburn it hurts from my stomach to my throat it burns my stomach hurts to move feels like bad gas and I'm throat hurts to swallow anything it's hard to drink"

Kisha_32 June 22, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "My doctor recommended the gel for me because I had severe acne. A couple of weeks in I started to have a sensation as if something was stuck in my throat. I brushed it off and it went away for a while but then it came back and worse but this time with an excessive supply of mucus. I was so confused until I realized that it was my medication. Not only did I have throat problems but I also had mild diarrhea, sharp pains in my stomach and chest, and heartburn, which has never happened to me before. I didn't even help my acne for that long. I stopped using it and my health went back to normal. I am never going to even touch this again."

Clinicuser (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 21, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I kept going back to the doc and the always prescribe metro. It never worked! I never got any relief in the syprims,the discharge continued. I finally got check at a hospital and got prescribed this. The third day my symptoms were cleared. So happy w this medication."

HappyGirlAsh June 20, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I took this for 10 days for a staph infection on my skin. No side effects that I can remember, BUT IT GAVE ME A C. DIFF INFECTION. DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION WITHOUT PROBIOTICS. Clindamycin has ruined my life. Avoid it at all costs if you don't need it. Extremely dangerous."

smobo (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I'm on an iv of clindamycin as I type this. I've had merca now 3 times from Wrestling and Cage fighting. I give this drug a 10 with no really noticeable side effects. Kills the Merca like no other!"

Coach Scott , Wrestling May 30, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I debated whether or not to take this drug because of the warning of potential c-diff infection. I had a root canal on a molar that left me in pain with swelling and numbness of my lip and chin. My Endodontist suspected infection so she prescribed penicillin. After a week of taking it there was no change so she prescribed Clindamyacin. I have been taking 300 mg. 3 times a day for 7 days now and thank God the worst side effect is fatigue and my stomach hurts.... almost like a "raw" kind of feeling. No diarreah, or nausea ! It seems to have taken the swelling down so hopefully the infection is on its way out. I will say that I have been diligent in taking 2 probiotics a day and I drink 8oz. of water with every dose!"

Anonymous May 30, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "After less than a week in this medication, my infection greatly improved BUT then I woke on evening with chest pain so bad that I went to the emergency room certain I was having a heart attack!! Never, ever, again will I take this antibiotic."

Dee54 May 30, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I took this for a tooth ache three days later my ankle locked up I can't walk. Former pro athlete and physical elitist I don't understand what happened I stopped taking meds 5 /28 - We will see"

Patrickggg May 29, 2016