User Reviews for Clindamycin systemic

Also known as: Cleocin, Cleocin HCl, Cleocin Pediatric, Cleocin Phosphate, Cleocin Phosphate ADD-Vantage

Aspiration Pneumonia

4.4

Pneumonia

Summary of Clindamycin reviews 5.9 531 reviews

Reviews for Clindamycin

For Bacterial Infection: "Been on twice now in several months for infection under root canal. Definitely messes with indigestion and caused nausea and diarrhea. I have had worsening fatigue. Even when stopped, feel negative effects for days and would not be able to recommend this drug. BTW - tests still have infection."

DELISE (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "The pill has worked great to get rid of my infection from a tooth but the side effects have wiped me out. No diarrhea but I thought I was having a heart attack the chest pain was so bad and the fatigue is getting worse the longer I'm on it. I'm supposed to take it 3 times a day but can only manage 2. I have had nausea and some vomiting but it is still better than the tooth abscess!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Horrible heart burn the minute the pill hit my esophagus!!! I cannot continue this medicine "

Painful patient November 28, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Day 1) Heartburn in the extreme - within 2 hours, the abscess swelling reduced to a pimple, stayed that way for 3 days Days 3-15) Abscess came back - side effects stayed. Not getting bigger OR smaller. I've taken a LOT of antibiotics - with the millions of negative reviews, here and, apparently everywhere, WHY is this such a widely prescribed dug? Oh yeah - some CEO is making $5 billion a year. Say no to this one. I will. Seeing my PCP on Monday to get effective treatment."

Toothless in Rhode Island (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "This antibiotic messed my whole body up. Gut wrenching pain while taking it followed by severe diarrhea for months. In and out of the Drs office and emergency room because of problems with diarrhea and stomach pain after use. Left feeling fatigued everyday, this medication I will say knocked the poop out of me "

Red Rooster (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I was taking two 300mg at a time twice a day for infection in jaw joint. I had zero side effects even on empty stomach. It started working about 48 hrs after first dosage. Everyone is different though wont know till you try it."

gs (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2018

For Not Listed / Other: "I was given Clindamycin 300MG x3 a day for Strep throat. My test came back positive for group A. I am allergic to Penicillin and Sulfa based drugs so what I can take is very limited. I'm also on Trazodone which interacts with a lot of antibiotics. I originally asked for a Zpack but was informed that it could cause cardiac arrest if taken with Trazodone so I opted for Clindamycin. I took 2 pills the first day since I got them filled later in the day and took the first one around 5PM. I woke up the next morning and my throat, for the most part, felt better. I seem to still have some throat issues as I'm still clearing it but there's a ton less pain. I haven't had any side effects and I didn't have any side effects when I previously took Clindamycin earlier in the year for a gum infection. I would have preferred a Zpack as it's normally 1 pill for 3-5 days rather than 3 pills for 10 days."

Bee (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2018

For Bone infection: "When taking with a meal each time I've used it, over the last 6 days at 4 times a day I have noticed that the reddening around the area and the area itself has decreased substantially. Also the soreness stopped within 8 hours completely. Also the epidermis layer has healed noticeably. The side effects: mild itching, mild skin peeling at the site, diarrhea, and lowered noticeable blood pressure leading to mild light headedness. I am fortunate enough to be home while my husband works. In having my ongoing diabetes for 6 months untreated, and having some unhealed places, there's noticeable healing n 6 days time, and I am still taking it to complete it. Also the extreme neuropathy I had is diminishing daily. Also I am adding raw garlic cloves chopped up and taking with water, thats been refrigerated daily with meals. I am extremely happy so far, even with the side effects. And very grateful to the Dr. That prescribed it."

Kristy (taken for less than 1 month) November 2, 2018

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Thought I could not continue with this antibiotic the burning of my stomach was so bad even though I ate beforehand and took a very tall glass of water with it. It was clearly working on my cellulitis so I tried taking it with a very tall glass of almond milk and a piece of toast. It worked. Chug the glass when you take the milk and eat the toast right afterward and wash it down with water."

FireLady (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "First dose I took felt like someone poured gasoline down my throat. For second dose, I ate a little right before swallowing capsule and drank a 16oz bottle of water with it. Went a little better but still got some heartburn. Not sure what dose 3 will bring."

DM (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I was prescribed this drug for a brown recluse spider bite. 300mg, to be taken 3 times a day for 10 days. I just finished my pills yesterday 10/16/18. This medication took 3 days to kick in. It caused a terrible taste in my mouth and gave me gas. That's it. I did not experience any horrific side effect. My spider bite is pretty much healed up. Medication worked excellent."

Lady (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I have been taking clindamycin 300mg 4x/day for 7 days, for a tooth abscess. I don't always tolerate antibiotics well. But this one is ok as long as I eat first, remain upright for 10 minutes, drink water, and take a probiotic. It's not easy to take 4x/day, sometimes I can only manage 3. The tooth pain went away after Day 3. I am happy with this medication"

Kayla (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I got prescribed to this one month after my wisdom tooth removal. I had started to get some more pain on the left side of my mouth. My oral surgeon prescribed me clindamycin and said to take it 3x a day. The first day was fine and I noticed the swelling was going down. The next day I woke up with severe diarrhea. I called the office and the lady said to take Pepto which helped. After the 2nd one that day, I began to get a fever. I took one more that night but haven’t taken any on the third day."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I was prescribed Clindamycin 300mg 3 x per day for an abscess after a root canal. I have a history of acid reflux and heartburn as well as IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). I normally tolerate antibiotics well. After reading these reviews I was scared to death to take this medication. When I take it I eat a piece of bread first, drink a small amount of water and then take the capsule followed by 16oz of water. I've not had one of the side effects mentioned by others and the drug is clearing this infection very quickly. Taken with food and plenty of water along with not lying down for 30 minutes after taking it has proven to be a good experience. I'm not basing my decision to take a medication on reviews. This one gets a bad wrap here in my opinion."

eleuthros1 (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I was given one pill (125mg) when I was in the ER for a sore ear & throat. The next morning, I had the worst heartburn /stomach pain I had in my life!!!!! Tums chews didn’t help. Pepto didn’t help. Clindamycin is the pits and it will ruin your insides!!!!! And I was supposed to take it every 6 hours for 6 days! What? Please do not take it!!"

Riah (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2018

For Peritonitis: "I was prescribed this medication for a gum infection at 150mg 4 times a day for 10 days. The side effects are BRUTAL! I didn't have stomach upset or heartburn like some of the reviewers but I felt as if I had been hit by a truck. Lethargic, itchy, and just generally felt unwell. However, within 24 hours of taking it my infection started to clear so I didn't want to stop taking it. After suffering 4 days of side effects, I started taking it 3 times a day instead of 4 (one at each meal) and felt much better. It is excellent for clearing up infections if you can get past the side effects. Definitely take with food, lots of water and a probiotic or yogurt."

Mel September 19, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Absolutely the worst heartburn I've ever had. My throat still burns and I just don't think I can take any more pills. I also thought I was having a heart attack it hurt so much and into my left arm. Gets worse every time I take it so I think I'm done."

AngelEyz (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "My daughter took Clindamycin 300mg 3X a day for severe kissing tonsils, (swollen tonsils that meet in the midline or overlap) couldn’t talk and a lymph node in the side of her neck had her neck swollen a swab of her throat and culture of it along with blood culture were negative. She had a dose IV form in the hospital and then continued it at home in pill form for 5 days. Each day her stomach and chest hurt more. By day 5 she was vomiting and having severe chest pain and refused to continue the medicine saying it was making her miserably ill. I do believe it’s because I couldn’t get her to drink enough fluids when she took the pill to wash it down good. It did help her tonsils I hope the 5 days and the IV dose were enough because the hospital wouldn’t call in something different to replace it and we don’t have insurance at the moment. This medicine works well, but like on the bottle...don’t lay down for 10 mins after taking it and drink a full glass of water with it. I also believe eating before taking it would help."

heather78 September 3, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Was prescribed Clindamycin for an earache. I'm not allergic to Amoxicillin so I'm not sure why I was prescribed it. I'll never take it again. I've had all kinds of pain throughout my life but this was new. I thought I was having a heart attack. Pain radiates from esophagus to my back. My esophagus is inflamed so anything swallowed causes such pain. I've never had such severe side effects from a medication. Lortabs and opiates make me nauseated but this was new. Horrible. Beware."

Amyl (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Both times I have had clindamycin it gave me severe heartburn and bowel issues. But in saying that, I was on a high dose of 3 x 150mg capsules 3 times a day (1350mg) and now 2 x 150mg four times a day (12000mg). It was used the first time after coming off IV antibiotics in hospital and now to treat another severe infection. I am contacting my GP to discuss any other meds to take instead as heartburn chews or tablets aren't helping."

Wonder Rob (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "So i just started clindamycin 2 days ago. I have been taking probiotics in between taking the clindamycin. (150 mg.. told to take it 4 times a day but have only been taking it 2-3 times a day which I'm worrying about). I have experienced dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, very alert of my surroundings, sharp pains in chest and shoulder as well as stomach pains and cramps . I have also been experiencing twitching in my fingers as well as diarrhea. Not sure what to do at this point . As my belly button was infected its healing super fast.. I just dunno about these side effects :("

Stacy (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2018

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG! I was prescribed this drug for what a Dr thought was a staph infection on my skin. It wasn't. It was just an irritation and this Dr OVER reacted and didn't culture it. I was prescribed it for 7 days, twice a day. THIS DRUG RUINED MY LIFE. I took only 3 pills realizing that this really wasn't staph and my body was healing it on it's own. About 3 weeks later, I was sicker than I've ever been. Intense stomach pain, and water coming out of both ends every 15 minutes. I was diagnosed with severe C DIFFICILE (c diff). My gastroenterologist who treated me said that had I taken more, it would have killed me. I was treated for c diff for 7 months. After taking all of the drugs to treat c diff we almost did a fecal transplant. This drug shouldnt even be on the market. There are so many other drugs out there that won't hurt you the way this does. I am warning you all!!!!!!!!"

Kristin (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2018

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I have been taking this for 6 days now 3x times a day (300mg). I have not had an issue as I am taking a Probiotic (50 billion) and have had no digestive issues. It looks like after 5 days it really showed a difference. Waiting to finish script and hopefully this does the trick. I am allergic to penicillin and sulfa meds, so this was prescribed and I started taking it right away. Everyone has different reactions to meds, but this was fine for me and the probiotic must be helping."

Jetter1234 (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2018

Cleocin Phosphate (clindamycin) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "Had an infection for years clear and watery wore thru 5 heavy pads per day very bad odor. I went to gyn after gyn prescibed flagyl, metronidazole gel and clyndomycin pills for yrs nothing worked. I finally went to a female private doctor that actually knew what she was doing and cared. With no hope I filled prescription of cleocin 150mg inserts that came in pink and white box ( ***there is other cleocin medication but BEWARE it DOESN'T WORK LIKE THE PINK AND WHITE BOX CLEOCIN - DON'T LET THE DR TELL U ITS THE SAME ITS NOT GET THE PINK AND WHITE BOX*** )That very moment I used it I was cured!! After years of being on meds with no hope"

Peacsha August 14, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I was prescribed 300mg 3x per day after a root canal and tooth infection. It was highly effective in that within 24-36 hours of ingestion my pain and swelling decreased significantly. The one side effect that is driving me nuts is the bitter aftertaste. I eat 3 meals a day and do not over eat. I am going to talk to my dentist about this when I see him tomorrow (It's Sunday and I've been on this drug since the prior Thursday when my procedure was done). I think I need to stay on it because the infection was so bad - I have had lots of dental work and lots of antibiotics over the years that have never bothered me, but I guess the week ahead for me will be full of a bitter taste in my mouth most of the day."

DentalWorkinMN (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...