User Reviews for Clindamycin

Also known as: Cleocin, Cleocin HCl, Cleocin Pediatric, Cleocin Phosphate, Cleocin Phosphate ADD-Vantage

Learn more about Clindamycin.

Aspiration Pneumonia 1 reviews 64 medications

Pneumonia 1 reviews 182 medications

3.5
Summary of Clindamycin reviews 308 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Clindamycin

For Bacterial Infection: "My dentist prescribed this awful medicine for a tooth infection. I made it through the 1st dose but the 2nd caused instantaneous severe heartburn that was so horrendous I vomited everything I had eaten that day. Sadly that didn't get rid of the heartburn. 3 days later it feels like there's a hole burned into my lower esophagus. The dentist switched me over to erythromycin but I can't stomach the idea of swallowing another pill when the pain will surely come with it. Would prefer injections over this nightmare."

NeverAgain122 September 23, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "Aug 27 2016 my mother took 2 heart attacks a direct result of CLINDAMYCIN, she was on it just 5 days & this was not listed as a side effect. Our Dr. and pharmacist confirmed. If I had I known she had this prescription I'd have refused it immediately. 1974 CLINDAMYCIN caused me permanent digestive damage & I must deal with to this day! & that is also not listed as a side effect. I hope you will add both to your site. Since CLINDAMYCIN is used mainly for toe & feet infection which mainly affects seniors & diabetics, obviously they don't warrant research to make this product just as effective without killing the patient! As we have no reporting system in Canada, god only knows how many have died."

Trudi Trahan-upchan (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I was prescribed this medicine by two different doctors for an infection that I had in my mouth where I had gotten my wisdom teeth out. I was warned about the sidea effects and I decided to take a probiotic while on it. It worked great for my mouth infection; swelling went down and pain greatly lessened quickly. I took the whole dose while on probiotics as well and it went well. The only problem I had was that I got a yeast infection while taking it. Other than that, it worked great!"

oreokk (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Well so far Ive been taking this drug for 5 days. first day. upset stomach and threw up in the middle of the night and fell rumbling in my stomach. However I had staph infection maybe on my face. A few pimples which ive never had acne problems. What made me notice them is they were all painful to the touch. I mean very painful. So the doctor said Staph infection. Take 10 days. 300 mg 4 times a day. So far no issues. 5 more days to go and I will finish as instructed. I'm taking about every 6 hours. give or take a few mins into it. So far no issues. and I hope none either."

retchie September 16, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I'm taking this medication to get rid of some vaginal bacteria. The first day I took it, I was experiencing extreme nausea and watery stools. However, I did see improvement in vaginal discharge on the first day! So overall, not SO bad. Just make sure you drink a lot of water and take some pepto!!"

tayzam September 15, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was prescribed metronizadole for my bv. I've never had bv before in my life until June. It's already December. Metronizadole didn't work. I went back to the same doctor and then she prescribed clyinda. She prescribed 2 refils and I'm about 1 pill away from finished my first bottle and NOTHING HAS WORKED. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I am wiping the right way, I use unscented soaps, have not been sexually active since early June. I just don't know what is wrong with me. I'm considering just going to a hospital or something cause I am DESPERATE. No 19 year old should be going through this. I am not leaning towards home remedies cause I hear those just make it worse that it already is."

Ashleycloud (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "Like several others have said - this drug works great if you take it properly. I was prescribed clindamycin for an infection in my gums, and after reading reviews I was nervous about taking it. I spaced my doses 7 hours apart, made sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day, and took probiotics (Florastor and Culturelle) 2x per day, and I have had no issues. My infection has greatly subsided, and I haven't had any side effects described in other reviews.."

lime22 (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I've had a reoccurring tooth infection from a chipped tooth . What started out as the usual throbbing pain and swelling in my gums against my tongue turned into my face and neck puffing up until my eye started closing. This occurred about 36 hours after the throbbing had started. Went to a walk-in clinic and was given the typical Amoxicillin 500mg every 8 hours for 14 days. After 8 days, in excruciating pain, I went back to the walk-in and got Clindamycin 300mg every 6 hours for 14 days...after 2 doses the abscess burst and drained, swelling & pain went down immediately and I was allowed to heal. Dentist was able to do root canal and have been problem free for 3 years now."

Cheshirecraze (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "Don't be scared of other's reviews, I came here after being prescribed this medicine because I had never heard of it, and wanted to get more information. After reading all the reviews, most of them telling horror stories about their experience. I followed every letter of the instructions, I took each pill with a 16 oz glass of water, stayed seated or standing for 10-20 minutes, took as prescribed every 6 hours, and took a probiotic once a day. After the first 36 hours I noticed the pain of the infection started to subside and the affected area got smaller. After 72 hours on the medication, I was feeling back to normal. The only side affect I noticed was a slightly upset stomach one day that I forgot to take the probiotic."

mhammer616 August 23, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Had a deep gum abscess, not tooth, but gum, from a piece of popcorn. Dr. Rx was 300mg 3x a day, for 10 days. No problems.. You HAVE to drink tons of water when taking the pill and all day long. Why? To flush out the toxins. When STRONG antibiotics work, they KILL the good and bad bacteria. That die off is called a "Herxheimer" reaction. Thus, the headaches, eye aches, etc. So, up your intake of WATER to help. Then, take probiotics, kefir and yogurt because the GOOD bacteria are killed off in your gut, hence severe diarhhea. C Diff is a dirty hospital issue, it's their big secret, but probiotics will reestablish the GOOD bacteria, very quickly. Hang in there, it is the best medicine ever...."

Dallas Alice August 20, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "Clindamycin is one of the oldest, safest, and most effective broad-spectrum drugs on the market. It must however be taken as directed, meaning you should probably eat something before you take it, you must take the entire prescription, and follow proper dosaging instructions. If you fail to do this, your infection can return, the bacteria can become resistant, which means the bacteria could become immune, and you will no longer be able to take this antibiotic. As someone who is not able to take antibiotics like penicillin due to a life-threatening allergy, I consider this to be a wonder drug. All drugs have contraindications (side effects), the least of which is stomach ache/GI issues."

Sassynsweet (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Severe heartburn from day 1. Never had heartburn before. Toughed it out, ate a lot of Tums which slightly helped. My skin incision finally dried up and scabbed over though so it worked."

For stitch abcess August 14, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I took this medicine for 5 days, and then I decided it was not worth the suffering. The dentist wasn't even sure I needed it, but prescribed it anyway. I stopped taking it because of extreme pain on my left side, right below my breast. It didn't feel like any gas I've ever had, but I guess it was some type of intestinal pain. I was also having frequent, urgent bowel movements though not diarrhea as they warn about. Now five days without the meds, and I'm still nauseous, especially after bowel movements. I'm bloated, gassy, and just generally feel awful. What a mistake it was to trust my dentist on this one!"

Kris 2016 August 14, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I cut my finger working on my car, It was a very dirty wound that required stitches and I was given Clindamycin in order to prevent infection. I do not remember any specific warning about the increased chance of any type of intestinal problems associated with this antibiotic. The Clindamycin caused me to get a C Diff infection that sent me to the ER. Very painful and passing mucus and blood in the stool. I have never experienced anything like this before. I will never take this drug again and suggest doing research before taking this or any other antibiotic. The problems seem to be clearing up after a course of Flagyl and Cipro. More antibiotics to fix the others side effects. Good luck to anyone suffering from this."

Clinda and C diff August 11, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "prescribed for a tooth infection. on day 5 I experience severe pain below the breastbone, extending on both sides under the ribcage. Excessive pain upon swallowing liquids of any kind and any temperature, pain was in the esophogus area near the diaphram. Hearburn and desire to burp without any ability to do so. I discontined use of the drug, symptoms are subsiding but still present slightly. I hope it is reversible! I have not had any GERD or other type problems prior to this drug."

63yFemale July 29, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "Excellent drug! Very fast pain relief (1-2 days) with no side effects. Other antibiotics have made me extremely nauseous, but no problems with this one at all."

Beth G July 28, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I'm on 4 pill per day every 6 hours for 10 days for a really bad gum abcess. On day 5 right now and there is a HUGE difference it's almost gone very small BUT my throat hurts incredibly bad (feels like it did when I had strep ) and my head aches all day as well as some pretty bad vertigo. Trying to push through the rest to get rid of this abcess but I have flu like symptoms besides nausea. Worked a lot better than when I tried penicillin for it but I'm paying for it with the side effects."

Chelsey401 July 21, 2016

For Sinusitis: "It was a little scary to take, after reading these reviews, but I used the recommended high potency softgel probiotics daily and was sure to take dosages on time, with plenty of water and a little food. No stomach upset, no heartburn, no side effects at all, really. I will continue to use the probiotics after my final dosage today, to ensure that things normalize post-treatment. I used a 7-day treatment after not responding to a 7-day treatment of amoxicillin. This seems to have done the trick."

KLlewl July 14, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "Due to an infected tooth, I was given penicillin which didn't work at all. I was then given clindamycin which has left me with such a severe sore throat that keeps me up all night in agonizing pain. Swallowing has me wanting to jump out the window in pain"

Inpainstill (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Used as I am allergic to penicillin - appeared to be a good alternative as I had cellulitis and penicillin is supposed to be the most effective antibiotic. Did have a 11 day hospital stay though."

Lyn2306 (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "Infected tooth dentist gave me this to help the infection. First pill no side affects 2nd pill had me in tears. I felt like my face was going to explode. My sinus cavities were so full of pressure and pain in every direction.. above my eyes below my cheek bones my jaw bones behind my ears even motrin didnt take the pain away... i called my primary care dr. They say ita normal okay ita normal to be in so much pain and feel like your face is going to explode... so i reluctantly took the 3rd pill and i juat cant take anymore same issue pain and the sad fact my tooth pain is gone but my face is hurting so bad im allergic to penicillin so thia was my only alternative"

Mammens10 (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I had penicillin-resistant tonsillitis. A week of amoxicillin had no effect, and I'd had the infection for 3 weeks. It wasn't too severe, but it was steadily getting worse, and I was in no rush to have body parts cut out of my mouth in order to get rid of the infection. An ENT prescribed clindamycin and an anti-inflammatory, and within a single day I visibly saw the infection peeling away from my tonsils (yeah, it was gross, but in a good way)., and all the discomfort was gone. I had no side effects, and haven't yet seen any antibiotics-caused diseases. Maybe it's just a single anecdote, but so are all the other reviews on here. Thought I'd throw in a positive experience."

glester491 July 1, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I had a sever allergic reaction to flagal and never knew their was any other medicine to take for BV but so glad there is!! The flagal tasted awful and the taste stayed in your mouth forever but the Clindamycin worked great, symptoms was gone after day 2 and I felt so much better!!! This is the best thing to take for BV, I had to problems what so ever with this medicine."

SC29605 (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "Severe headach .. Feel like voming ... Severe Diarrhea ...، I stopped it second day .. Was 300mg x2 ... I prefer to have my tooth inductions than having all that side effects.. My bowl was jumping all the day ... I think more researches should be done on it .. Its so dangerous"

Najmi (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "OMG- Dentist gave me for bacterial infection in mouth before oral surgery. I was taking 300mg 4 times a day for 10 days. On the 5th day I became so sick with violent diarrhea and extreme naseua i had to get off. I continued to day 7 at least and told them I could no longer or would no longer take them as I felt like I was going to die. I did my research after and the horror stories for most people that have taken them should have been an alarm to me. I haven't been on antibiotics for years and years and believe in healing holistically and naturally but felt this was an exception to the rule. Trying to step up eradicating infection with even more natural things but don't know since I have been on those dreadful antibiotics."

no name 123 (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2016