User Reviews for Clindamycin

Also known as: Cleocin, Cleocin HCl, Cleocin Pediatric, Cleocin Phosphate, Cleocin Phosphate ADD-Vantage

Learn more about Clindamycin.

Aspiration Pneumonia 1 reviews 63 medications

Pneumonia 1 reviews 182 medications

3.5
Summary of Clindamycin reviews 354 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Clindamycin

For Bacterial Infection: "I was prescribed cleocin (clindamycin) for an infected tooth. I have never had this antibiotic before, called the pharmacist and was told to drink a lot of water because it has a tendency to cause diarrhea. Well I stayed on it for five days while enduring terrible stomach cramps and uncontrollable diarrhea until I came to my senses. I called the dentist and switched to augmentin which did the trick. Now, ten days later, I'm still recovering from the side effects of the cleocin. I will never take this antibiotic again. There are too many alternatives to endure these reactions, let alone the fact that this drug strips your body of probiotics that affect the colon and can cause serious, and yes, even fatal consequences."

alwaysmedcheck February 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bacterial Infection: "Just finished taking this, 300mg, three times a day for seven days. Infection cleared up and I did not experience any side effects whatsoever. I drank plenty of water while taking it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Cleocin (clindamycin) for Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "vomiting, mild skin rash, nausea, fever"

Al Mamun Ullash (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bacterial Infection: "Did what it was supposed to. I went from being in the worst pain of my life to being in no pain in about 3 days. Works very well. Took it with water and probiotic yogurt as you're supposed to do and as a result I had no side effects. Pay no attention to all of the negative reviews complaining about indigestion, diarrhea and heart burn. If you take the medication properly and follow your pharmacist's orders you won't have any problems. I don't think it's smart to advise other people not to take potentially life saving medication because you weren't able to listen to instructions. Just take it with plenty of water and probiotic yogurt and you'll be just fine."

Nothing\ February 21, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I used for a night and a half before I started itching badly much worse than the BV which never bothered me. I had to use an ice pack then noticed blisters and the swelling was awful. It's morning and I will call Dr and ask if I will have to deal with this for 7 days"

Kwatt (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bacterial Infection: "Took this for a week for bacterial vaginal infection. The day after I finished clindamycin, I started to feel sick. The next day I had chills and low grade fever with stomach pains and heartburn. It is day 5 that I finished this medication and still not feeling well. I would never take this med. Plus I read there is s FDA high warning it can cause C-diff. Google it. It's very scary!!"

Mare19 February 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bacterial Infection: "Worst heartburn I've ever had in my life and I don't get heartburn ever. Losing sleep from the pain. Thought I was going crazy and then stumbled onto this page. Exact symptoms as everyone else."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bone infection: "Had a raging toothache in a tooth that had a root canal several years prior. Dentist thinks hidden canal may not have been cleared, but could also have been sinusitis, as the toothache coincided with bad head cold. Anyway, I am allergic to most narcotic pain killers, so could only go with mega doses of ibuprofin to make tolerable and he prescribed clyndamycin for the infection, as I am also allergic to most penicillins. 300 mg 4x/day. Started to feel pain relief after 7th-8th dose (i.e., 40 hours). See lots of scary side effects here, but haven't had them yet myself. Just take with meal and lost of water. A little loose stool, but I'll take that over the tooth pain any day."

Sean J (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bacterial Infection: "A dentist prescribed Clindamycine, 300 mg for treating a dental infection. After taking it for 2 days, I woke up late at night with very serious burning heartburn that ran through my back. Never experienced this heartburn before in my life! Went to the hospital ER. They checked for heart issues which were none, gave me a antacid mixture which got rid of it, called it Gastritis, and sent me home. I still have heartburn pain when I drink or eat, 24 hours later. I hope it eventually goes away. Don't take a chance with this antibiotic."

VeryFineArtist February 11, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bacterial Infection: "ONLY TAKE MED IF MUST!!!! BAD side effects but it cures you, I had pain in the vaginal area and I healed within a few hours of itchy and burning, however the worst nausea and pain everywhere , WEAKNESS BAD!!!! I HAVE A movie tonight and I'm not going to not go! Oh p.s. it causes a HORRID taste in your mouth and dry mouth!"

Charlie$1993--Leo February 9, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bacterial Infection: "I was taking 300mg of Clindamycin 4 times a day for 7 days for a gum infection, after a day started having extremely loud intestinal rumbling, passing loud, long gas and severe diarrhea. I cannot even pass gas without having to go to the bathroom and wipe myself or even urinate without having some diarrhea. Rectal/anal area is raw and painful from the diarrhea, my skin is itchy and have this weird taste in my mouth. I've now finished the clindamycin and 4 days later, I still have the gas and loose stools. Can't wait until it's all over. It did work on my gum infection but the infection was nothing compared to the treatment."

Sheee February 9, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Cleocin HCl (clindamycin) for Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I had cellulititis and the swelling in my foot went down significantly in about two days."

don't have a nickname (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bacterial Infection: "Does it's job but about 5 days in I'm having extreme heart burn, chest and back pain. It's really painful, worst I've ever had I thought about going to the hospital but I'm drinking some warm tea trying to take deep breaths"

Anonymous January 30, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Surgical Prophylaxis: "Consider another drug. Clindamycin has ruined my gut. I have had diarrhea for over a month (tested for c. diff: negative). The only thing I can eat is peeled white boiled potatoes. Everything else goes through me in just a few hours. I've lost a lot of weight and I'm permanently tired. My doctor has run all manner of tests and I am just not recovering. I was a healthy 70kg 31 year old male. Now 62kg one month later. I can't remember being so ill."

ChristopherKay (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bacterial Infection: "My dentist prescribed the Clindamycine, 300 mg for treating an infection of the gum, prior root canal procedure later in one week. After taking it for 2 days, I noticed heavy rash on both legs. I immediately stop the use of the Clindamycine. I had very bad diarrhea for 3 weeks. Within 24 hours after Endodontics complete a root canal on me, I got huge swelling in the left knee. I had to go to ER due to swelling and pain. The doctor pulled 90 ml of fluid from my knee and tested for bacterial infection and got a negative result. I took Naproxine for swelling. The swelling of the left knee went down but right knee and other joints continue swelling for month. My blood was tested for RA arthritis with negative result. Not recommended it."

allavik (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Sinusitis: "I was given this for a severe sinus infection, I have taken the full prescription as noted and am still suffering ailments of the sinusitis, each time the med is taken I cough uncontrollably, have the nastiest metallic taste in my mouth along with nausea and an enormous amount of heartburn,feverish feeling almost like I am sunburned I took 2 150mg 4x a day for 10 days. Will try to avoid this one next time."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bacterial Infection: "My dentist put me on clindamycin after I had my wisdom teeth taken out because of the infection in my gums (and I'm allergic to penicillin). I read reviews before taking this and was terrified. I've always had a weak stomach, suffering from both IBS and acid reflux. I always made sure to drink half a bottle of water and eat part of my meal before taking this. After taking the pill, I'd drink a full bottle of water and finish my meal. Besides feeling bloated from so much water, I never had any side effects from this antibiotic. I was on 300 mg every 6 hours. No issues."

texmex92 January 15, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Hi , I got Clindamycin 300mg 3 times a day. I have swollen skin infection on my cheek. I have read the reviews here before I took the capsule. I was too scared to take it, but due to my infection, I must go through with it. I am on my fourth capsule. I took some of reviewers advice, in which I drank a glass of water before my meal- eat half of my meal- then took the capsule- with glass of water then finishes my meal. Drink another glass of water after. Not to lay down for an hour. Better a little bit more time cause it takes time to digest it. Then about two hours later I ate yoghurt- activia probiotic. I take my capsule in the morning, noon, and evening around 6-7 p.m. Then I have plenty of time to rest over night."

Pinkone1 January 15, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bacterial Infection: "Effective for treating bacterial tooth/gum infection, but the side effects were significant. Ulcer-like stomach pain, gas & intestinal cramping were the most worrying. I also felt weepy and depressed for no reason while taking clindamycin (which has happened to me on other antibiotics like Cipro). I also noticed achy bone and joint pains intermittently. I just felt generally unwell while taking this medication. Use caution if you're in a hospital setting or take a proton pump inhibitor, as clindamycin is the antibiotic most likely to cause C. diff infection."

Maude Findlay (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bone infection: "I was prescribed this for a tooth infection by day 2 I had to go the the hospital as the infection spread to my bones in my face. They gave me an IV dose in the emergency room and then had to go back for another at 11pm then again at 830am the next day. They hooked me up to an IV pump so I could have my 3 doses a day at home. Day 2 of IV and I have fever chills all of my joints ache and have major kidney pain. And the heartburn omg its so bad. Didn't think I would get the heartburn with an IV. I have to say I'm not a fan of this medication. Only a few more days left of this hell I hope. Still haven't eaten anything more than peanut butter since my mouth and face hurts so much. Not a drug I would recommend"

Tan83 (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I have an abscess on my jaw and I've been on clindamycin for 3 days(450 mg 3x per day) the abscess was originally about 2"x2" and just under my skin. I have been using hot packs as well as following my prescribed dose of clindamycin and in 3 days time most of the swelling has gone down and the abscess is bout half of the size of originally was. I'm only giving it an 8 because I haven't finished the 7 day script yet but I'm hoping things will continue to heal up and go down and will be mostly or all the way gone but so far it seems the clindamycin is working well for me."

Melissaleigh316 January 9, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bacterial Infection: "I was prescribed this for a infection on my knee and I am in a love hate relationship with this drug. Sure it did the trick (cleared it up and some of my acne as well) by the side effects were HORRIBLE. Every single night I would have a stabbing feeling in my back and chest that would last hours causing me to lose sleep... I would only recommend this if it is ABSOLUTELY necessary"

TheInfected (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bacterial Infection: "I took this antibiotic for a tooth infection and it worked over all. The first day I was alright, but into the second day, I started having diarrhea. Now, almost 2 weeks later, I still have diarrhea and it's beginning to bother me because I have to go to the bathroom after I eat any little thing. I recommend any other antibiotic except clindamycin."

Disgruntled and Perturbed January 6, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bacterial Infection: "I had a Staphylococcus Aureas infection. I had to take 4 times a day for 10 days, do recommend a probiotic. Had chapped lips and drainage of the scalp from staph infection, however after 2nd day, oozing did stop, after day 4, chapped lips went away. I did experience a heat rash and some intense cramps and bloating, but my skin did clear up really well, all my acne cleared. Did experience some nausea and diahrrea. Overall it took care of the problem for the time being but I finished my treatment last week and my chapped lips are back."

mrrmrrm January 6, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I've had BV for the past 8 months and they always prescribe clindamycin and it always came back then they gave me Metronidazole. And the smell was gone by my second pill I couldn't be more happy"

Jaybaby January 5, 2017