User Reviews for Clindamycin

Also known as: Cleocin, Cleocin HCl, Cleocin Pediatric, Cleocin Phosphate, Cleocin Phosphate ADD-Vantage

Aspiration Pneumonia

3.5

1 review 183 medications
Summary of Clindamycin reviews 5.9 490 reviews

Reviews for Clindamycin

For Bacterial Infection: "I had a wisdom tooth pulled at the end of February. The dentist gave me amoxocilin for 2 weeks, it did nothing. Plus, the dentist acted like he was money grubber dummy and didn't explain nothing, I also explained to him it was infected but he pulled any way. When he shouldn't have. 2 weeks later I was at the ER and the doc. Prescribed keflex 3 times a day for 2 weeks, it did nothing. So I went to my regular Doc. She prescribed bacterium, we'll 3 weeks later the infection it there. So I called her and had her call me in cleocin 300mg 4 times a day. I'm on my 3rd day and it already feels as if the infection is going down, I feel a pulling sensation where the infection is. So I do think this works great. Also my husband had a infection under a tooth and was hospitalized for 3 days and was on iv drip of cleocin, once he was released he took it for a week. His face was so swollen it looked like a basket ball on the left side of his face."

Ash (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I was prescribed this for an abscess in my wisdom tooth, before it can be removed. I have been told 600mg 3x a day and I'm barely keeping 2 a day down. Since my first dose I've had diarrhoea and just dread taking the next dose!! I know I'm allergic to penicillin that's why I'm told to take this. I don't know whether I'm doing more harm than good but the thought of taking another dose is too scary. I'm taking probiotics and I did take take the antibiotics after meals but maybe not enough water. I don't know what to do."

Leena (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I’m pregnant and was diagnosed with BV. I was prescribed this treatment and it started working hours after taking it . I noticed all of my symptoms disappearing. I am now on day three and I feel so much better!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I have been on an every six hour dosage. I have an tooth/gum infection. I have skipped meals and snacks when taking this medicine. I have taken a probiotic yogurt with it every morning and have had no negative side effects. The only downside is I have taken it four days and have noticed minor results."

DB (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Prescribed Clindamycin because they want to extract my wisdom teeth and couldn't while I had an infection. Having abscess drainage in the bottom two. Complained of having burning gums while eating and brushing. First day went fine. No side effects. Messed up around my last dosage yesterday because I forgot the pills at work, meaning I couldn't take my third dosage. I take 1 this morning, and almost within 2 mins time I start feeling a "rising" burn in my lower throat to upper chest area. It eventually spreads to where I am now, my whole chest feeling inflamed and my throat feeling as though it's preparing for vomit. I keep burping and it tastes like throw up. Pain and discomfort in my chest is severe. I think this is either on the fact that I missed a dose, eat enough, or both. I eat light so I wouldn't be surprised if that was the issue. This morning I had a Lunchable (yes I know) for breakfast and THEN took the medication. Pain ensued quickly. Have been feeling this for almost an hour. I don't know what to do. I might throw up."

Tobi May 24, 2018

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I was prescribed clindamycine 150 mg 4 times a day for aggressive impetigo and it gave me C diff. even though I was eating yogurt/taking antibiotics. DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG unless you have a VERY strong immune system as this drug can give you C diff. I’m on flagyl to get rid of it now and I switched to erythromycin and I’m seeing improvements in my impetigo whereas with Clindamycin I saw none."

Rose (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I went to dentist had a left molar removed. My dentist is an idiot. I see a new dentist next week. I told the dentist after he pulled the tooth about nasty taste and that I had boils from abscess. After he said what I was describing didn't sound like abscess 8 days later could barely open mouth nasty taste lymph nodes like rocks along outer left jaw an under neck. I went to minute clinic. I also had pain in left ear and jaw bone pain was given clindymycin 300mg 3x day 8 days, it was a miracle that I had no side effects. It took about 3 days for pain to go away by 4th day could eat solid food again. I could of died because my dentist acts like antibiotics are smack. Only one time when I went to bed 10 minutes after taking it did I have heartburn got back up drank iced tea heartburn went away quick. No other side effects this was a miracle drug for me ."

Mike (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I just happened to come across this thread. Back in 2014 after a missed miscarriage and serious hemorrhage, 5 surgical procedures I became extra weak and fevered and had so much pain. I could not eat or anything...I was 100% sure I was going to die. The doctors couldn't figure it out. Upon returning for my 5th surgical procedure I informed the doctor performing the procedure how I felt and what was going on. He automatically insisted a serious infection in my reproductive organs following all the chaos and wrote me a prescription for 2 weeks of clindamycin 4 times a day. I was horrified as was already half dead and had read all reviews on how deadly this drug was. I began the meds and mark my words it was a wild ride and I thought more than once about stopping but didn't. I was dizzy, had muscle pains and chest aches and was even weaker...I dry heaved and puked and guess what? I'm ALIVE right now because of CLINDAMYCIN. I owe everything to that doctor and that medication."

Sam (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I refuse to take flagyl because it gives me the worst side effects and I feel like I’m dying LOL but I will tell you what side effects I have had with this medicine. I have had loose stool but it’s not too bad like I can deal with and I’m not in pain. I just go to the bathroom easier and I sometimes I get heartburn but it doesn’t last long. Overall this is the best medication I have taken for bacterial vaginosis. I really haven’t had too many problems, I’ve been a little tired but I’m always tired - I’m a mom LOL. I don’t see why there are so many people making bad reviews on this medicine because it’s so much better than Flagyl"

Katie (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I went to the oral surgeon for what I thought was a consult for my wisdom teeth extraction. He told me that my one wisdom tooth that came in already was fine. The other wisdom tooth hasn’t come in yet (knock on wood). He told me that I have an infection in my gums and prescribed me clindamycin. The first 3 days I felt fine, but today, my 4th day taking it, I had this really strong bitter metallic taste in my mouth, my left side of my face is throbbing with pain, I felt so fatigued and drowsy that I thought I was going to fall over when I went to stand up. I have this pain in my throat, I literally feel like I have some flu mixed with getting punched in the face. I took it with food, and plenty of water and stood up for about 15 minutes after taking it. I have an appointment with the dentist tomorrow so I’m skipping my next 2 doses and seeing if there’s anything else that could help. Do not keep taking it because it will only get so much worse. Good luck."

Desire May 8, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Only took this for one day before I called the doctor and switched to a different antibiotic. It was planned for me to take it every 8 hours for 10 days. Just felt very weak/tired - "sensitive" overall. It wouldn't have been a huge issue, but I have finals coming up so I can't academically afford to constantly feel like sludge right now. Can't really comment on its effectiveness as the infection I'm treating isn't bothering me enough to tell. I wouldn't say it's a bad drug, but definitely be mindful of your body when taking it. Make sure to eat before taking each dose, drink plenty of water, and don't lie down for ~10 minutes."

Kristin May 6, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I felt like I needed to write a review bc all the other reviews scared me. I do not tolerate flagyl so when I came down with BV again I opted for the cream. While it is messy and unpleasant it is much better than the pill for me. I will say that I have experienced some body aches but it seems to go away throughout the day and especially after I workout. Overall not so bad. I’m on day 2 of 7."

Jul April 24, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "My doctor prescribed 300 mg every 8 hours for 20 days. He specified every 8 hours, not three times a day, to help avoid diarrhea. I did that and took a probiotic every day. I had a little heartburn a couple of times but that was it."

BarbAN (taken for less than 1 month) April 16, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Towards the end of my medication cycle, and just now piecing together some unpleasant symptoms I've been experiencing. Tonight had sensation of rapid pulse, horrible heart burn/acid reflux feel, and vomiting, about an hour after I took meds (had eaten small snack and a bottle and a half of water). My stomach has been churning throughout the use of this med. I am getting over an infection in my gum for a tooth procedure, and have to take clindamycin due to allergies to penicillin. I recommend taking probiotics and eating a FULL meal of food with each dose. Mention your symptoms to your doc/dentist, as I will be tomorrow."

jcd April 16, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I've got this tooth that has been bothering me so my dentist gave me this and said it's standard to prescribe this for an infected tooth. I've never taken it before so I had no clue what I was in for. I am sometimes sensitive to side effects, but this was textbook. I got nauseous then my chest began to burn. After I stopped throwing up, I couldn't stay off the toilet. My throat is still burning and it's been hours. I only took one dose, but I will never take this again."

Dana (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Real world experience: this is a great antibiotic if you are allergic to penicillin. I gave this an 8 because no medication is perfect. Some real simple, easy to follow instructions to help lessen any side effects. 1. take with plenty of water, 16oz minimum. 2. if you get an upset stomach, take your next doses with a meal or snack ( I've taken it with food to ensure with no issues). 4. do NOT lay down after taking clindamycin wait at least an hour or more. 4. ties into #3. schedule your doses accordingly and do NOT miss a dose. 5. the most common dose is a 300mg pink capsule, if have trouble swallowing big pills, try asking for 2x 150mg capsules instead of the 300mg capsule(the pink capsule is a bit of a "horse pill" even though its a gel cap). all in all, any real side effects are stomach related (gas, loose stools and heartburn). if those side effects are to intense for you, please ask your doc for another antibiotic ASAP. hope this helps"

louie April 15, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "On my 3rd day of clindamycin after a sudden tooth infection and now a retreat root canal. Pain was gone after 2nd dose so that is great"

Beth (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "This stuff is horrible took it one day for my tooth infection An immediately felt worse than I did before. I woke up the following day, feeling like I was drunk. It had made me so sick to my stomach and I was seeing double. The worst part is. The constant sensation like you have a fire in your stomach. Idk who made this medication but I really think it should be taken off the market. Seems to be doing more harm than healing..How am I supposed to take something thats hard to keep down. Thanks pharma taking my money and feeding me some kinda nonesense!"

Anonymous April 11, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Been on this antibiotic now for 2 days for a tooth infection. 4 x 300mg per day. The infection is already much better, but took one this morning at 6 and had immediate severe pain in my chest which I believe is an issue with my esophagus as a result of the drug. Very painful to swallow, and slightly dizzy during the day. Rather surprised because I don't usually feel ill or suffer side effects. Dreading taking the next one. Will definitely be eating before I take it."

APH (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2018

For Not Listed / Other: "Clindamycin in IV form, 24/7 for 10 days killed my MRCA. I am ever greatful that the Dr's knew what to use as MRCA is resistant to most Meds on the Market."

TheBigGuy April 2, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Is a good infection fighter..but swear it makes your heart pound"

Edubb April 1, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I love Clindamycin, This is the only antibiotic that will cure my strep throat. Right now I'm taking it for a bad abscess in my tooth. I have no problem with this medication because I always eat before I take it! It is a very strong antibiotic so please eat before u take!"

Jenrs037 (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Feel so light headed, drained and dehydrated after taking 1 pill (several hours after taking the pill). I'm supposed to take another tonight (I'm prescribed 300mg every 12 hours, so that's 2 a day), but after feeling like this, I'm not sure if I'm going to take another one. I'm on these because penicillin wasn't doing anything for my tooth abscess. I took with food and plenty of water, and asked beforehand if it was safe to take with my blood pressure meds, and they said it was fine, so I don't know...."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2018

For Deep Neck Infection: "This pill was had to take for me because it sometime wanted to stick to my throat. The it made my already heartburn/GERD worse. The positive side effect is after about 8 days on this antibiotic it brought the infection out of my neck. Unfortunately I had to continue to take it with a refill."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Took this medicine for a Tooth Infection I got this prescribed by my dentist finally and admittedly it did get rid of the tooth infection, but it caused way more problems. I ended up with my jaw, lymph node, and cheek getting incredibly swollen even though the infection had left. Which made me confused, pain killer didn't really help the swelling. While taking it not only did I have this Nausea, Dizziness, Heartburn, Sore Throat, Chest Pain, Stiff neck, pain in my shoulders, (after 2 days in), Diarrhea (after 5 days in), swelling which I later discovered is/was caused by this antibiotic. After stopping it 2 days ago, It also gave me white tongue, I have little bumps/sores on the inside of my mouth on my upper lip, dry mouth my mouth is really scaly feeling inside and the corner of my mouth on the left side is numb in feeling/tingly still. So, please, don't take this under any circumstance other than if you're dying or it's literally your only choice. I had a 150mg 2 a day as written"

Meele (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2018