User Reviews for Clindamycin

Also known as: Cleocin, Cleocin HCl, Cleocin Pediatric, Cleocin Phosphate, Cleocin Phosphate ADD-Vantage

Aspiration Pneumonia

4.4

Pneumonia

Summary of Clindamycin reviews 5.9 516 reviews

Reviews for Clindamycin

For Bacterial Infection: "Absolutely the worst heartburn I've ever had. My throat still burns and I just don't think I can take any more pills. I also thought I was having a heart attack it hurt so much and into my left arm. Gets worse every time I take it so I think I'm done."

AngelEyz (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "My daughter took Clindamycin 300mg 3X a day for severe kissing tonsils, (swollen tonsils that meet in the midline or overlap) couldn’t talk and a lymph node in the side of her neck had her neck swollen a swab of her throat and culture of it along with blood culture were negative. She had a dose IV form in the hospital and then continued it at home in pill form for 5 days. Each day her stomach and chest hurt more. By day 5 she was vomiting and having severe chest pain and refused to continue the medicine saying it was making her miserably ill. I do believe it’s because I couldn’t get her to drink enough fluids when she took the pill to wash it down good. It did help her tonsils I hope the 5 days and the IV dose were enough because the hospital wouldn’t call in something different to replace it and we don’t have insurance at the moment. This medicine works well, but like on the bottle...don’t lay down for 10 mins after taking it and drink a full glass of water with it. I also believe eating before taking it would help."

heather78 September 3, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Was prescribed Clindamycin for an earache. I'm not allergic to Amoxicillin so I'm not sure why I was prescribed it. I'll never take it again. I've had all kinds of pain throughout my life but this was new. I thought I was having a heart attack. Pain radiates from esophagus to my back. My esophagus is inflamed so anything swallowed causes such pain. I've never had such severe side effects from a medication. Lortabs and opiates make me nauseated but this was new. Horrible. Beware."

Amyl (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Both times I have had clindamycin it gave me severe heartburn and bowel issues. But in saying that, I was on a high dose of 3 x 150mg capsules 3 times a day (1350mg) and now 2 x 150mg four times a day (12000mg). It was used the first time after coming off IV antibiotics in hospital and now to treat another severe infection. I am contacting my GP to discuss any other meds to take instead as heartburn chews or tablets aren't helping."

Wonder Rob (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "So i just started clindamycin 2 days ago. I have been taking probiotics in between taking the clindamycin. (150 mg.. told to take it 4 times a day but have only been taking it 2-3 times a day which I'm worrying about). I have experienced dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, very alert of my surroundings, sharp pains in chest and shoulder as well as stomach pains and cramps . I have also been experiencing twitching in my fingers as well as diarrhea. Not sure what to do at this point . As my belly button was infected its healing super fast.. I just dunno about these side effects :("

Stacy (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2018

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG! I was prescribed this drug for what a Dr thought was a staph infection on my skin. It wasn't. It was just an irritation and this Dr OVER reacted and didn't culture it. I was prescribed it for 7 days, twice a day. THIS DRUG RUINED MY LIFE. I took only 3 pills realizing that this really wasn't staph and my body was healing it on it's own. About 3 weeks later, I was sicker than I've ever been. Intense stomach pain, and water coming out of both ends every 15 minutes. I was diagnosed with severe C DIFFICILE (c diff). My gastroenterologist who treated me said that had I taken more, it would have killed me. I was treated for c diff for 7 months. After taking all of the drugs to treat c diff we almost did a fecal transplant. This drug shouldnt even be on the market. There are so many other drugs out there that won't hurt you the way this does. I am warning you all!!!!!!!!"

Kristin (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2018

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I have been taking this for 6 days now 3x times a day (300mg). I have not had an issue as I am taking a Probiotic (50 billion) and have had no digestive issues. It looks like after 5 days it really showed a difference. Waiting to finish script and hopefully this does the trick. I am allergic to penicillin and sulfa meds, so this was prescribed and I started taking it right away. Everyone has different reactions to meds, but this was fine for me and the probiotic must be helping."

Jetter1234 (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2018

Cleocin Phosphate (clindamycin) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "Had an infection for years clear and watery wore thru 5 heavy pads per day very bad odor. I went to gyn after gyn prescibed flagyl, metronidazole gel and clyndomycin pills for yrs nothing worked. I finally went to a female private doctor that actually knew what she was doing and cared. With no hope I filled prescription of cleocin 150mg inserts that came in pink and white box ( ***there is other cleocin medication but BEWARE it DOESN'T WORK LIKE THE PINK AND WHITE BOX CLEOCIN - DON'T LET THE DR TELL U ITS THE SAME ITS NOT GET THE PINK AND WHITE BOX*** )That very moment I used it I was cured!! After years of being on meds with no hope"

Peacsha August 14, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I was prescribed 300mg 3x per day after a root canal and tooth infection. It was highly effective in that within 24-36 hours of ingestion my pain and swelling decreased significantly. The one side effect that is driving me nuts is the bitter aftertaste. I eat 3 meals a day and do not over eat. I am going to talk to my dentist about this when I see him tomorrow (It's Sunday and I've been on this drug since the prior Thursday when my procedure was done). I think I need to stay on it because the infection was so bad - I have had lots of dental work and lots of antibiotics over the years that have never bothered me, but I guess the week ahead for me will be full of a bitter taste in my mouth most of the day."

DentalWorkinMN (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I have had bacterial vaginitis (BV) for years off and on. My symptoms when I have it are worse now (years later). I went through a course of flagyl and still didn't clear. It usually works fine...but It's so frustrating. BV comes back every other month or so. Discharge, burning aches nausea sometimes. The works! I went to urgent care and was prescribed clindamycin 300mg 2x a day for 7 days. Day 2 of the pill and it seems to be working! I pray this works. I'm so tired of all this."

Loreal83 (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2018

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I got a bad case of folliculitis from a hot tub all over my body. Was prescribed 300mg 2x a day for 7 days. I had zero side effects from the medication and it worked great. I was terrified to take it after reading the reviews as I have a very sensitive stomach and am allergic to penicillin. I took a probiotic and stayed hydrated. I am on day 6 now and no side effects so far. It also cleared up infection relatively quick."

Bek554 (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "A lot of people say clindamycin makes them feel sick. Hell I couldn’t ever finish a cycle because it would make me feel sick and have chest pains. Come to find out this antibiotic likes to get stuck in your esophagus and that’s when the negative side effects begin. Make sure to drink a lot of water and eat something after taking it to ensure it moves thru your esophagus and gets to where it needs to. Ever since I found that out and I drink about 16Oz of water right after taking, the ill feeling side effects have vanished"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2018

For Not Listed / Other: "I’m taking clindamycine 300mg 3x a day for a re-root canal on one of my front teeth. I was suffering from severe pain and swelling. Initially I took amox, but it didn’t work. I’ve been on the clindamycin for a day and a half and already the pain has significantly decreased as well as the swelling. I haven’t had any side effects yet. Just be sure to drink a lot of water."

Jo (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Had an implant and given amoxicillin after surgery. Got an infection and given Clindamycin. Dentist seems to think that I may be resistant to amoxicillin. Clindamycin seemed to work a little but really made me feel better was Methylprednisolone dose pack. I no longer need to be taking Motrin. Clindamycin side affects are feeling tired and heartburn, Pepcid Complete seems to help."

Ricky August 5, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Oh wow I literally just popped my first pill not even a minute ago & already heart is pounding so hard it hurts my throat, head hurts, feel like I might poop myself, exhausted, dizzy & might be slightly hallucinating. Thinking about puking it up cause I can't afford to be out of commission with a 2 month old to take care of. Definitely gonna have to use just formula for this week. I'll probably champ out the side effects but baby definitely couldn't handle them"

Post partum bv (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2018

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I was scared to death to take this drug, after reading all the posts about it. My doctor advised that most people will take the time to write up a bad review (on anything, restaurants, hotels, etc), before they'll take the time to write good. I went 5 days without beginning the medication, simply because I listened to the complaints, instead of my doctor. I had no reactions at all while on this medication, and my infection looked better after 5 doses. I took the pill with food AND a 16oz bottle of water. Never had a problem. (I took 300mg 3 times per day.)"

DonnainTexas (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2018

Cleocin (clindamycin) for Bacterial Infection: "I just took my first dosage at 150mg 1/2 hour ago. I am already starting to feel the side effects. Diarrhea, itchy skin, sleepiness, headaches. Feels like my blood vessels about the burst in my head. Horrible! Not sure if I should continue with this med."

grumpy (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I was put on clindamyacin for a tooth infection on Wednesday (7/25/18) and today I developed severe tooth sensitivity to the point I can not eat. Going to try to tough it out."

Sadielynn (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Started this drug a week ago and there has been little if not none physical side effects. But I feel like I'm losing my mind. Lethargic, confusion, forgetting a lot, and very sensitive (more than I usually am). It's working well for my tooth abscess and gum infection. I try to take every 6-7 hours, but have become inconsistent because of side effects. It's best to rest A LOT while on this drug because it zaps your energy and I wake up feeling very tired."

Hailie (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "After having a toothache all day, I noticed some swelling. Knowing it was an abscess, I went to the dentist. He prescribed me Cipro. After taking Cipro for 2 days the whole left side of my face was swollen, I was in agonizing pain and my BP was crazy high (due to pain). Eventually I went to the ER. The ER doctor prescribed me clindamycin and gave me a dose right there. Before I was even fully discharged I could feel the infection draining. I was finally able to get some sleep (thanks to the pain pills they gave me) and woke up 2 hours later with significantly less swelling. This is my 4th day and the infection is almost all the way gone. I haven't had to take the prescription pain meds for 2 days now and can easily control the pain with OTC pain meds. It may not be for everyone but for me this medicine has been a God-send. I've experienced little to no side effects."

Soundedmind (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I was prescribed this for a tooth infection and the reviews completely freaked me out. So I did what was recommended had a pill with food and water, didn't lay down and ate some yogurt 2 hours after the pill, I was on the pill for a little over a week and have been off them for a week and didn't experience a single side effect. Just remember most people complain about the bad and don't feel the need to review if the pill works fine."

Cap July 19, 2018

For Surgical Prophylaxis: "So I had my wisdom teeth removed June 5th of this year and was prescribed this medication IN CASE I developed a post-op infection. As I'm 17, my immediate favorite "side effect" of this medication is that it began to improve my acne. Here's where everything begins to go south. About a week later, I began to notice urgent diarrhea. This problem persisted for several days, at least 10 times a day. I began to lose weight, insane stomach cramps, nausea, I couldn't sleep, severe dehydration. I began to have bowel movements that only consisted of blood and mucus. I was admitted to the hospital for GI scopes. The next morning my surgeon came to review the procedure. He said I was positive for C. DIFF immediately asked if I had been on Clindamycin. He then explained how powerful this antibiotic is and how it basically stripped my colon of all of my "good bacteria", allowing the C. Diff bacteria to become toxic. DO NOT TAKE THIS ANTIBIOTIC IF YOU CAN AT ALL HELP IT!"

Betty July 16, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I was prescribed Clindamycin to avoid an infection on my small toe. My piece of garbage Medicare wheelchair's front wheel grabbed my little toe and almost ripped the whole nail off. there has been no infection and it is also clearing up the bronchitis I was developing. Good drug and the side effects are minor."

peggi (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I have been taking this for 4 days now and what everyone says is true - take a probiotic or suffer from severe nausea. It overall works great side effects are a bit harsh, but worth it."

IBSlord (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2018

For Pneumonia: "I did not lay down, but I took this pill on an empty stomach, BIG MISTAKE! Worst heartburn of my life, chest pain! Thought I was going to die! Alka- Seltzer made it worse, then it worked after about 10 minutes. Don't really know how it is doing on the infection being I will not be taking this medication again!"

Legaltidbits (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...