User Reviews for Clindamycin

Also known as: Cleocin, Cleocin HCl, Cleocin Pediatric, Cleocin Phosphate, Cleocin Phosphate ADD-Vantage

Learn more about Clindamycin.

Aspiration Pneumonia 1 reviews 64 medications

Pneumonia 1 reviews 181 medications

3.5
Summary of Clindamycin reviews 292 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Clindamycin

For Bacterial Infection: "I'm on 4 pill per day every 6 hours for 10 days for a really bad gum abcess. On day 5 right now and there is a HUGE difference it's almost gone very small BUT my throat hurts incredibly bad (feels like it did when I had strep ) and my head aches all day as well as some pretty bad vertigo. Trying to push through the rest to get rid of this abcess but I have flu like symptoms besides nausea. Worked a lot better than when I tried penicillin for it but I'm paying for it with the side effects."

Chelsey401 July 21, 2016

For Sinusitis: "It was a little scary to take, after reading these reviews, but I used the recommended high potency softgel probiotics daily and was sure to take dosages on time, with plenty of water and a little food. No stomach upset, no heartburn, no side effects at all, really. I will continue to use the probiotics after my final dosage today, to ensure that things normalize post-treatment. I used a 7-day treatment after not responding to a 7-day treatment of amoxicillin. This seems to have done the trick."

KLlewl July 14, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "Due to an infected tooth, I was given penicillin which didn't work at all. I was then given clindamycin which has left me with such a severe sore throat that keeps me up all night in agonizing pain. Swallowing has me wanting to jump out the window in pain"

Inpainstill (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Used as I am allergic to penicillin - appeared to be a good alternative as I had cellulitis and penicillin is supposed to be the most effective antibiotic. Did have a 11 day hospital stay though."

Lyn2306 (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "Infected tooth dentist gave me this to help the infection. First pill no side affects 2nd pill had me in tears. I felt like my face was going to explode. My sinus cavities were so full of pressure and pain in every direction.. above my eyes below my cheek bones my jaw bones behind my ears even motrin didnt take the pain away... i called my primary care dr. They say ita normal okay ita normal to be in so much pain and feel like your face is going to explode... so i reluctantly took the 3rd pill and i juat cant take anymore same issue pain and the sad fact my tooth pain is gone but my face is hurting so bad im allergic to penicillin so thia was my only alternative"

Mammens10 (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I had penicillin-resistant tonsillitis. A week of amoxicillin had no effect, and I'd had the infection for 3 weeks. It wasn't too severe, but it was steadily getting worse, and I was in no rush to have body parts cut out of my mouth in order to get rid of the infection. An ENT prescribed clindamycin and an anti-inflammatory, and within a single day I visibly saw the infection peeling away from my tonsils (yeah, it was gross, but in a good way)., and all the discomfort was gone. I had no side effects, and haven't yet seen any antibiotics-caused diseases. Maybe it's just a single anecdote, but so are all the other reviews on here. Thought I'd throw in a positive experience."

glester491 July 1, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I had a sever allergic reaction to flagal and never knew their was any other medicine to take for BV but so glad there is!! The flagal tasted awful and the taste stayed in your mouth forever but the Clindamycin worked great, symptoms was gone after day 2 and I felt so much better!!! This is the best thing to take for BV, I had to problems what so ever with this medicine."

SC29605 (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "Severe headach .. Feel like voming ... Severe Diarrhea ...، I stopped it second day .. Was 300mg x2 ... I prefer to have my tooth inductions than having all that side effects.. My bowl was jumping all the day ... I think more researches should be done on it .. Its so dangerous"

Najmi (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "OMG- Dentist gave me for bacterial infection in mouth before oral surgery. I was taking 300mg 4 times a day for 10 days. On the 5th day I became so sick with violent diarrhea and extreme naseua i had to get off. I continued to day 7 at least and told them I could no longer or would no longer take them as I felt like I was going to die. I did my research after and the horror stories for most people that have taken them should have been an alarm to me. I haven't been on antibiotics for years and years and believe in healing holistically and naturally but felt this was an exception to the rule. Trying to step up eradicating infection with even more natural things but don't know since I have been on those dreadful antibiotics."

no name 123 (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I'm taking this for strep throat 10 days 3x a dayat first it worked fine felt like it was helping now I'm almost done and these last few days have been awful I have bad heartburn it hurts from my stomach to my throat it burns my stomach hurts to move feels like bad gas and I'm throat hurts to swallow anything it's hard to drink"

Kisha_32 June 22, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "My doctor recommended the gel for me because I had severe acne. A couple of weeks in I started to have a sensation as if something was stuck in my throat. I brushed it off and it went away for a while but then it came back and worse but this time with an excessive supply of mucus. I was so confused until I realized that it was my medication. Not only did I have throat problems but I also had mild diarrhea, sharp pains in my stomach and chest, and heartburn, which has never happened to me before. I didn't even help my acne for that long. I stopped using it and my health went back to normal. I am never going to even touch this again."

Clinicuser (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 21, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I kept going back to the doc and the always prescribe metro. It never worked! I never got any relief in the syprims,the discharge continued. I finally got check at a hospital and got prescribed this. The third day my symptoms were cleared. So happy w this medication."

HappyGirlAsh June 20, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I took this for 10 days for a staph infection on my skin. No side effects that I can remember, BUT IT GAVE ME A C. DIFF INFECTION. DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION WITHOUT PROBIOTICS. Clindamycin has ruined my life. Avoid it at all costs if you don't need it. Extremely dangerous."

smobo (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I'm on an iv of clindamycin as I type this. I've had merca now 3 times from Wrestling and Cage fighting. I give this drug a 10 with no really noticeable side effects. Kills the Merca like no other!"

Coach Scott , Wrestling May 30, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I debated whether or not to take this drug because of the warning of potential c-diff infection. I had a root canal on a molar that left me in pain with swelling and numbness of my lip and chin. My Endodontist suspected infection so she prescribed penicillin. After a week of taking it there was no change so she prescribed Clindamyacin. I have been taking 300 mg. 3 times a day for 7 days now and thank God the worst side effect is fatigue and my stomach hurts.... almost like a "raw" kind of feeling. No diarreah, or nausea ! It seems to have taken the swelling down so hopefully the infection is on its way out. I will say that I have been diligent in taking 2 probiotics a day and I drink 8oz. of water with every dose!"

Anonymous May 30, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "After less than a week in this medication, my infection greatly improved BUT then I woke on evening with chest pain so bad that I went to the emergency room certain I was having a heart attack!! Never, ever, again will I take this antibiotic."

Dee54 May 30, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I took this for a tooth ache three days later my ankle locked up I can't walk. Former pro athlete and physical elitist I don't understand what happened I stopped taking meds 5 /28 - We will see"

Patrickggg May 29, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I've been taking clindamycin 300 mg 3 times a day for 6 days now it was prescribed to me because I had a tooth pulled and ended up getting infected.after taking it for 2 days the swelling in my face went down and finally on day six I have no pain I have however experience some cramping in my stomach very little nothing that interrupts my daily routine and have had some nausea but doesn't last long and nothing I can't handle.other than this I've been good with it BUT.....this is only day 6 so I'll see how I feel once I've finished all the antibiotics.."

Bjp123 (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I knew the side-effects of this medication and the potential for stomach issues, but I was diagnosed with cellulitis in one of my eyes and did not want to end up with meningitis. The first few days were rough with a lot of heartburn and diarrhea, but as so many other people have mentioned, this can be managed by taking it after or with a meal, eating foods that are not acidic and drinking a lot of water. The good news is that only after 4 hours and the first dose, the swelling started to disappear. It sucks to take it, but it works."

chershow (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Chest pian was terrible and keep vomiting Terrible anti biotic. Hate it"

Kidyyyy boy May 16, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I ended up with C-DIFF after two weeks on Clindamycin prescribed by dentist for an "infection" that didn't even hurt! Then an additional 10 days on penicillin following oral surgery of two molars. Have NEVER been that sick in my life. Ended up in the hospital. Thought I would die and could have! Talk to any gastroenterologist and they'll tell you dentists should NOT be prescribing clindamycin any more. There are far safer alternatives. I was concerned about too long a stretch of antibiotics, as a normally healthy person, but they BOTH insisted I take it! Don't EVER take clindamycin! The medication to correct it cost $700 plus hospital costs."

Tater123 May 13, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I'm extremely sensitive to all types of antibiotics -- penicillin, amoxicillin, sulfur drugs, cephalosporins, Zithromax. I can't even take most OTC drugs. Unfortunately, I came down with strep throat, and had to see a doctor. Thankfully, I have an amazing doctor who found me something that worked. Here are two tips that you HAVE to follow when taking this medication even if you are NOT generally sensitive to antibiotics. 1) Take it right after you eat a meal if it says with food. Every. Single. Time. No exceptions. 2) Drink AT LEAST 16 oz of water with it. My doctor put me on the lowest dose, 150 mg, three times a day for ten days. It worked beautifully. No headaches, puking, joint pain, dizziness, or rash."

KDMay (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "The heart burn is as bad like When I was pregnante seven years ago it kept me up last night and still has today"

Mrs Hislop (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2016

Cleocin HCl (clindamycin) for Bacterial Infection: "This is my 2nd time using Cleocin HCl, this time for a dental abscess (300mg every 6 hrs). Today is day 3 of a 7-day course, set by the ER Dr. The swelling of my gumline, lip, and cheek has all but disappeared (just a tiny bump on the gumline left). The pain too is almost nonexistent, unless of course I bite down hard on the tooth that needs extraction. Side effects are slight nausea and heartburn if taken without 8oz of water or lying down soon after taking a dose."

Java~Grandma (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I am taking clindamycin for a tooth abscess. I take 300 mg every six hours for 15 days. When I first started the antibiotic, my left sinus and eye area were very swollen. Two doses of the clindamycin took away all the swelling and helped with the pain. I am on day 7 of taking it. I am pleased with it because it definitely seems to be getting rid of the infection. I got a few manageable side effects - tiredness, thirst, and a metallic chemical taste in my mouth. Just a little diarrhea too, but many antibiotics do that. Drinking a lot of water and taking a daily probiotic really helps lessen these side effects. Always take the medicine with a full glass of water and food, even if it is just a piece of bread."

Michiganmom90 April 15, 2016