User Reviews for Clindamycin systemic

Also known as: Cleocin, Cleocin HCl, Cleocin Pediatric, Cleocin Phosphate, Cleocin Phosphate ADD-Vantage

Clindamycin Rating Summary

5.6/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 810 medications used in the treatment of Bacterial Infection.

Reviews for Clindamycin to treat Bacterial Infection

"I was taking two 300mg at a time twice a day for infection in jaw joint. I had zero side effects even on empty stomach. It started working about 48 hrs after first dosage. Everyone is different though wont know till you try it."

gs (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2018

"First dose I took felt like someone poured gasoline down my throat. For second dose, I ate a little right before swallowing capsule and drank a 16oz bottle of water with it. Went a little better but still got some heartburn. Not sure what dose 3 will bring."

DM (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2018

"I was prescribed this drug for a brown recluse spider bite. 300mg, to be taken 3 times a day for 10 days. I just finished my pills yesterday 10/16/18. This medication took 3 days to kick in. It caused a terrible taste in my mouth and gave me gas. That's it. I did not experience any horrific side effect. My spider bite is pretty much healed up. Medication worked excellent."

Lady (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2018

"I have been taking clindamycin 300mg 4x/day for 7 days, for a tooth abscess. I don't always tolerate antibiotics well. But this one is ok as long as I eat first, remain upright for 10 minutes, drink water, and take a probiotic. It's not easy to take 4x/day, sometimes I can only manage 3. The tooth pain went away after Day 3. I am happy with this medication"

Kayla (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2018

"I got prescribed to this one month after my wisdom tooth removal. I had started to get some more pain on the left side of my mouth. My oral surgeon prescribed me clindamycin and said to take it 3x a day. The first day was fine and I noticed the swelling was going down. The next day I woke up with severe diarrhea. I called the office and the lady said to take Pepto which helped. After the 2nd one that day, I began to get a fever. I took one more that night but haven’t taken any on the third day."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2018

"I was prescribed Clindamycin 300mg 3 x per day for an abscess after a root canal. I have a history of acid reflux and heartburn as well as IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). I normally tolerate antibiotics well. After reading these reviews I was scared to death to take this medication. When I take it I eat a piece of bread first, drink a small amount of water and then take the capsule followed by 16oz of water. I've not had one of the side effects mentioned by others and the drug is clearing this infection very quickly. Taken with food and plenty of water along with not lying down for 30 minutes after taking it has proven to be a good experience. I'm not basing my decision to take a medication on reviews. This one gets a bad wrap here in my opinion."

eleuthros1 (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2018

"I was given one pill (125mg) when I was in the ER for a sore ear & throat. The next morning, I had the worst heartburn /stomach pain I had in my life!!!!! Tums chews didn’t help. Pepto didn’t help. Clindamycin is the pits and it will ruin your insides!!!!! And I was supposed to take it every 6 hours for 6 days! What? Please do not take it!!"

Riah (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2018

"Absolutely the worst heartburn I've ever had. My throat still burns and I just don't think I can take any more pills. I also thought I was having a heart attack it hurt so much and into my left arm. Gets worse every time I take it so I think I'm done."

AngelEyz (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2018

"My daughter took Clindamycin 300mg 3X a day for severe kissing tonsils, (swollen tonsils that meet in the midline or overlap) couldn’t talk and a lymph node in the side of her neck had her neck swollen a swab of her throat and culture of it along with blood culture were negative. She had a dose IV form in the hospital and then continued it at home in pill form for 5 days. Each day her stomach and chest hurt more. By day 5 she was vomiting and having severe chest pain and refused to continue the medicine saying it was making her miserably ill. I do believe it’s because I couldn’t get her to drink enough fluids when she took the pill to wash it down good. It did help her tonsils I hope the 5 days and the IV dose were enough because the hospital wouldn’t call in something different to replace it and we don’t have insurance at the moment. This medicine works well, but like on the bottle...don’t lay down for 10 mins after taking it and drink a full glass of water with it. I also believe eating before taking it would help."

heather78 September 3, 2018

"Was prescribed Clindamycin for an earache. I'm not allergic to Amoxicillin so I'm not sure why I was prescribed it. I'll never take it again. I've had all kinds of pain throughout my life but this was new. I thought I was having a heart attack. Pain radiates from esophagus to my back. My esophagus is inflamed so anything swallowed causes such pain. I've never had such severe side effects from a medication. Lortabs and opiates make me nauseated but this was new. Horrible. Beware."

Amyl (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2018

"Both times I have had clindamycin it gave me severe heartburn and bowel issues. But in saying that, I was on a high dose of 3 x 150mg capsules 3 times a day (1350mg) and now 2 x 150mg four times a day (12000mg). It was used the first time after coming off IV antibiotics in hospital and now to treat another severe infection. I am contacting my GP to discuss any other meds to take instead as heartburn chews or tablets aren't helping."

Wonder Rob (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2018

"So i just started clindamycin 2 days ago. I have been taking probiotics in between taking the clindamycin. (150 mg.. told to take it 4 times a day but have only been taking it 2-3 times a day which I'm worrying about). I have experienced dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, very alert of my surroundings, sharp pains in chest and shoulder as well as stomach pains and cramps . I have also been experiencing twitching in my fingers as well as diarrhea. Not sure what to do at this point . As my belly button was infected its healing super fast.. I just dunno about these side effects :("

Stacy (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2018

"I was prescribed 300mg 3x per day after a root canal and tooth infection. It was highly effective in that within 24-36 hours of ingestion my pain and swelling decreased significantly. The one side effect that is driving me nuts is the bitter aftertaste. I eat 3 meals a day and do not over eat. I am going to talk to my dentist about this when I see him tomorrow (It's Sunday and I've been on this drug since the prior Thursday when my procedure was done). I think I need to stay on it because the infection was so bad - I have had lots of dental work and lots of antibiotics over the years that have never bothered me, but I guess the week ahead for me will be full of a bitter taste in my mouth most of the day."

DentalWorkinMN (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2018

"A lot of people say clindamycin makes them feel sick. Hell I couldn’t ever finish a cycle because it would make me feel sick and have chest pains. Come to find out this antibiotic likes to get stuck in your esophagus and that’s when the negative side effects begin. Make sure to drink a lot of water and eat something after taking it to ensure it moves thru your esophagus and gets to where it needs to. Ever since I found that out and I drink about 16Oz of water right after taking, the ill feeling side effects have vanished"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2018

"Had an implant and given amoxicillin after surgery. Got an infection and given Clindamycin. Dentist seems to think that I may be resistant to amoxicillin. Clindamycin seemed to work a little but really made me feel better was Methylprednisolone dose pack. I no longer need to be taking Motrin. Clindamycin side affects are feeling tired and heartburn, Pepcid Complete seems to help."

Ricky August 5, 2018

"Oh wow I literally just popped my first pill not even a minute ago & already heart is pounding so hard it hurts my throat, head hurts, feel like I might poop myself, exhausted, dizzy & might be slightly hallucinating. Thinking about puking it up cause I can't afford to be out of commission with a 2 month old to take care of. Definitely gonna have to use just formula for this week. I'll probably champ out the side effects but baby definitely couldn't handle them"

Post partum bv (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2018

Cleocin (clindamycin): "I just took my first dosage at 150mg 1/2 hour ago. I am already starting to feel the side effects. Diarrhea, itchy skin, sleepiness, headaches. Feels like my blood vessels about the burst in my head. Horrible! Not sure if I should continue with this med."

grumpy (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2018

"I was put on clindamyacin for a tooth infection on Wednesday (7/25/18) and today I developed severe tooth sensitivity to the point I can not eat. Going to try to tough it out."

Sadielynn (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2018

"Started this drug a week ago and there has been little if not none physical side effects. But I feel like I'm losing my mind. Lethargic, confusion, forgetting a lot, and very sensitive (more than I usually am). It's working well for my tooth abscess and gum infection. I try to take every 6-7 hours, but have become inconsistent because of side effects. It's best to rest A LOT while on this drug because it zaps your energy and I wake up feeling very tired."

Hailie (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2018

"After having a toothache all day, I noticed some swelling. Knowing it was an abscess, I went to the dentist. He prescribed me Cipro. After taking Cipro for 2 days the whole left side of my face was swollen, I was in agonizing pain and my BP was crazy high (due to pain). Eventually I went to the ER. The ER doctor prescribed me clindamycin and gave me a dose right there. Before I was even fully discharged I could feel the infection draining. I was finally able to get some sleep (thanks to the pain pills they gave me) and woke up 2 hours later with significantly less swelling. This is my 4th day and the infection is almost all the way gone. I haven't had to take the prescription pain meds for 2 days now and can easily control the pain with OTC pain meds. It may not be for everyone but for me this medicine has been a God-send. I've experienced little to no side effects."

Soundedmind (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2018

"I was prescribed this for a tooth infection and the reviews completely freaked me out. So I did what was recommended had a pill with food and water, didn't lay down and ate some yogurt 2 hours after the pill, I was on the pill for a little over a week and have been off them for a week and didn't experience a single side effect. Just remember most people complain about the bad and don't feel the need to review if the pill works fine."

Cap July 19, 2018

"I was prescribed Clindamycin to avoid an infection on my small toe. My piece of garbage Medicare wheelchair's front wheel grabbed my little toe and almost ripped the whole nail off. there has been no infection and it is also clearing up the bronchitis I was developing. Good drug and the side effects are minor."

peggi (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2018

"I have been taking this for 4 days now and what everyone says is true - take a probiotic or suffer from severe nausea. It overall works great side effects are a bit harsh, but worth it."

IBSlord (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2018

"Had a huge bump appear on the roof of my mouth for 2 days with moderate pain coming and going. On the 3rd day it go so bad I had to leave a weekend vacation at 4 am to drive 2 hours home. The pain was unbearable and the worry from reading what idiots online saying made it even worse. Got into a dentist right away and was told it was a really bad infection and root canal was required. After the swelling went down I was prescribed clindamycin. It worked in 30-60 minutes! I took it , fell asleep for 45 mins and woke up with zero pain, I was so relieved"

Riggz July 7, 2018

"I took this drug for my wisdom tooth extraction procedure. I know this does sound off, but I am having more pain from the clindamycin than the actual procedure. By the way, if you ever have to get your wisdom teeth removed, use sedation. I made a horrible mistake of not using sedation and oh my gosh, Lidocaine is trash. It did not work at all, so my dentist had to use a different local which made my mouth stay numb for like 24rs. Anyway, back to clindamycin. Since I could not drink soda, I took down a lot of water, did not help. Then I went against medical advice, drank a can of Coca Cola and did not help. The best thing you can do is wait out the pain."

John (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...