User Reviews for Azithromycin

8.1

6 reviews
Summary of Azithromycin reviews 7.2 865 reviews

Reviews for Azithromycin

For Chlamydia Infection: "Be warned...regardless of your previous medication taking preparation and skills this drug tops all the others. I never ever feel sick or get much side effects from medicine, this on the other hand turned my bathroom into WW2. Non stop mud butt. You need a bathroom close by as a necessity when taking this."

Anonymous April 12, 2018

For Bronchitis: "I've nearly finished a course of this for a chest infection. Apart from feeling tired I experienced none of the other symptoms people listed here on their reviews."

AISLING (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2018

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin) for Bronchitis: "I am allergic to amoxicillin so the only thing that I get prescribed is the z-pack! I like it that the dose pack is pre-dosed for you!! Within a few days I feel better! I usually get the lower dose! So by day 5! I feel 85%. I like it when it stays in my system even after taking the last dose!"

rseuffert83 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 11, 2018

For Sinusitis: "Took this 10 hours ago, 1-2 hours in stomach pain or heart pain? I can't tell but it's very unpleasant. Nervous, ear and sinus pain too. I still haven't taken the second dose for today, skeptical because this feeling this drug has given me is very unpleasant. Not to mention the FDA warned about it in 2012. Will be calling my doctor when they open. Probably not taking the second dose tonight."

Zane (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "Went to the Dr, test were negative, my boyfriend's test a week earlier was positive. The doctor said he could have a false positive, I don’t care give me the meds I don’t play about my health!! 4 pills to take at once (insurance only pays for 3, had to pay $4.20 for the last pill) I ate gumbo & a coke (bad idea) took them at 1:30, minutes later I felt sleepy. An hour later bad headache then at around 4 started feeling really nauseous, a hour later diarrhea & chest pains. I then ate 3 sandwiches & a bottle of water and still felt horrible all day. Went to sleep about 9, woke at 3 for more diarrhea, nauseated, chest pains, feeling empty & bad cramps. I’m ready for this medicine to take it’s course and get out of my system.. I wouldn’t wish these side affects on anyone. I heard even on a full stomach you’re going to experience side effects but mild...if it gets too bad PLEASE people go to the ER!! But once again “TAKE THESE ON A FULL STOMACH”"

The Toilet Is Now My Friend (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "I got 4 pills and a shot in my butt at the doc office. I felt fine. But my stomach cramps came on BAD!! I felt sick but hungry at the same time. I didn't have diarrhea, but since I have to take fiber to keep from bloating and staying regular, I think that kind of helped with not having diarrhea. I poop like 3-4 times daily and they're soft, not runny. But feels like have a ring of fire after I poop. I haven't had anything spicy AND I haven't had heartburn since I've taken it. Hopefully its cleared up. I'm on day 5 and I only have mild cramps now. Checkup in 3 months."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "The drug is quite effective for me whenever I have one or more infections in my body (usually strep throat, or bronchitis) as it takes care of them all at once. But the main issue is that I wouldn’t use it unless I have to. I have a history of gastritis and IBS, so taking this medication would normally give me a whole slew of digestive issues from nausea to vomiting to diarrhea. Only one occasion though had the side effects not been so prominent, when I’ve eaten a lot before taking the gel capsule version of it rather than the normal pill...perhaps the gel capsule version prevents too much damage to my stomach lining.."

Always eating (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2018

For Sinusitis: "I had killer pain in my throat when talking and swallowing, by day 2 of the pack, I felt perfect! I am kind of wishing I hadn't finished it though. Day 3 I started to get a fever, congested nose, body aches, chills, and a headache like I've never experienced before (and I have experienced quite a few concussions...) I can hardly function due to the pain in my head and neck! I would rather have the infection back than feel like I am being crushed by my own body."

Maquel (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2018

For Sinusitis: "My daughter who was taking 40mg. Prozac for OCD was given a prescription for Zpac for a cold/sinus infection. Two days of use and her behaviour changed, angry and moody. I ignored the symptoms. After another dose of (zpac) she began to spiral down. She had used a razor to cut her wrist. Fortunately, a surface wound. Psychiatrist who asked if she was taking any other medications, I told her Zpac, told me to stop it immediately. Pediatrician- no written material to indicate that the medicines should not be mixed. My daughter has never been suicidal or self-destructive before. After three days off the medication, her behaviour began to go back to what it was before. How can this risk not be made public? You could have a lawsuit for a death of a child!"

Anonymous April 2, 2018

For Bronchitis: "Thought I had a cold which turned into hacking cough with burning lungs and very itchy throat. Waited for 4 days. Tried hot salt water gargles and hot steam. Made me feel better but the burning lungs and scratchy itchy throat did not go away. I could not sleep and had to wake up to drink hot tea at night. I gave in and took a course three 500mg pills of Azithromycin. After taking the first one at night I felt better by the next morning. I slept for 12 hours. No more scratchy throat and burning lungs. Still coughing up phlegm. Hurts when I cough still. But definitely recovering. Fever has gone down also. Also using hot heater in room to stay warm. Just being in 73 Fahrenheit I still feel cold."

San Man (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2018

For Sinusitis: "I am a cancer survivor, and prior to chemo I was able to take amoxicillin...yeah, now? No..in fact I'm allergic to most everything else. But zpac is the only thing that works for me. Currently, I had to go to ER in the past weekend, felt like I was swallowing glass, and temp about 100. No bueno ,for some one whom has an immune system that is compromised . Now its day 3 and I can swallow with less pain, and think I'm coughing up rubbish from a past life!"

Skins March 26, 2018

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "Started this 250mg tabs 5 days ago, finished all today! Began it with a non productive cough! After first dose of (2 tabs), then (1) a day for 4 days. I had fever-like-symptons, tired, severe anxiety and now have finished all. Now I have been coughing up YELLOW phlegm.. Coughing has NEVER stopped!!"

"Bunny" (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2018

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin) for Otitis Media: "I have an ear and throat infection on my left side. My Doctor prescribed zythromycin for 5 days. I have been suffering each day now and the zythromycin is NOT working. It is day 4 now and still feel like day 1. Doctor noted no improvement but still wants me to finish all doses."

SLP March 24, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "Learned I was positive for Chlamydia. 2 week’s later I received treatment for it. 4 Azithromycin 250mg pills to take at once. I was extremely nervous taking this medicine because I always freak myself out by reading side effects. I am also 5’6, 105lbs so I thought the 1000g dosage was going to be a bit much for me to handle all at once. Before taking the pills, I made sure I ate a full breakfast then waited 2 hours to take all 4 pills, & then ate again an hour later, drinking lots of water. A few hours into the meds, I experienced stomach cramps & a little gas which lasted a few hours & went away. I’m in day 3 now, & the only side affect I’ve been experiencing up until now is indigestion...thank goodness! Hopefully, this is all I have to deal with. It can be uncomfortable but ginger ale has helped a lot. Because I’m not experiencing a lot of the side affects it makes me worry about the effectiveness of the meds but everyone’s body is different. I go back to retest next week."

ChlamBeGone (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "To be honest, coming on to this website made me super scared to see what type of effects I’d be getting from this antibiotic. I’m a crazy hypochondriac, with a fear of vomiting, so my nerves were through the roof before taking the pills. I had dinner before taking the pills and felt fine. I felt more sick from nerves BEFORE taking the medication rather than after. I did get weird chest and stomach pains from time to time but nothing major. I also got one weird flash of cold sweats and the need to poop. The next morning I woke up fine and felt normal the rest of the day. This will knock you out right away and have a good nights rest but it’s not a good idea to take it if you have to get up early the next morning as you might sleep in a little or it’ll be hard to get up in the morning."

I’m giving up sex from now on March 22, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "I was prescribed 4 pills , and they gave me a shot in my butt. I didn’t eat before I went to the hospital (which was the worse mistake) . I took the 4 pills all at once and now 30 minutes later I’m overheating & nauseous . I threw up once , felt like garage the rest of the day until I took a nap . When I woke up I felt dizzy every now & then , but the worst part was over . DON'T TAKE THESE ON A EMPTY STOMACH!!"

Shaee (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "Took two pills with food and within 30 minutes felt agitated so went to sleep. Woke up 20 mins later REALLY hot with my heart beating so fast! Felt very dizzy and weak but made it to the toilet, vomited heaps and had diarrhoea. It was so full on and a really scary experience, I called helpline because I was somewhere without a hospital. Been two days since and I’m still very dizzy and uneasy, have also had a headache ever since. Obviously they won’t work since I probably vomited them up so I’m going to take Doxycycline for a week instead."

Anonymous March 19, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "So I’m giving it a 6 because it’s obviously going to get rid of the infection but I bloody hate this medication already. I took it about 2 hours ago, had a nap, and woke up then had to run to the toilet with severe diarrhoea :( I vomited briefly after and feel really nauseous now, quite drowsy as well. That’ll teach me to use condoms."

Xox (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "I took two 500 mg of azithromycin at 7PM. I ate a whole thin pizza from pieology at 4:30PM. At 7:45PM and I didn't feeling much of anything. Then boom!! 8PM rolls around and feeling hot as hell. I know that something is wrong and it’s definitely about to get worse. I try to drive home and I’m feeling woozy and nauseous. I can barely breathe at this point. I had to vomit badly. I make it home around 9ish and now my stomach is super upset. Basically the pharmacist warned me that if I did not eat something with this medicine I would get very bad diarrhea. I literally frowned when she said that not thinking much of it. It’s now 9:15PM and I’m crying on the toilet because I’m having a terrible case of diarrhea because I don’t listen. Please be mindful when taking such strong medicine like this one. I thought I had it under control and it’s now 9:51PM AND IM still crying on the toilet as I’m writing this. Hopefully it’ll be over soon! Today is 3/15/18"

Anonymous March 16, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "I went to my OBGYN for a yearly exam and swab. I was feeling perfectly fine and confident that my results would come back crystal clear. So, imagine my surprise when it came back that I had Chlamydia. My doctor prescribed me Azithromycin. I had the two 500 mg tablets that you take at one time. Thankfully I had a full stomach before I took them. So, I had no nausea, stomach pains, or any of that, thank goodness! However, I did get a yeast infection from it. But everyone’s body is different. It definitely does do its job by clearing up the Chlamydia though."

EJae1 (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "These things are like STOMACH BOMBS! The first time I took them I felt extremely sick and as if I had to vomit, and then later I had diarrhea for the rest of the day. Turns out they were pretty ineffective. Today I took my second dose. TERRIBLE!! I threw up twice an hour later, and the diarrhea came along with it. This is not fun."

MaloneDddd (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "Previous to this I want to say please use protection! I got Chlamydia from an old boyfriend, and I absolutely had no idea up until I couple of weeks ago where I also got diagnosed with BV. This medicine was good for about the first hour, around hour two I had a very intense stomach pain, and the second day I was extremely drowsy with a super intense headache I couldn’t go to work, I couldn’t drive, let alone stay awake. And when I was awake I had extreme diarrhea. This was the most I intense medicine I’ve ever dealt with. Though it did clear up my chlamydia."

Kira (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "So I was very afraid to take this medicine because a long time ago I got sick but this time I ate a full meal and I’m 3 hours in feeling fine just have the poops here and there little cramps nothing crazy but I DO NOT SUGGEST HOLDING ANY GAS OR B.M. You will feel sick promise lol"

HeyGirl (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "I got diagnosed for chlamydia and the next day went and had treatment if you are scared about taking them because the side effects don’t worry about it. I ate some food and then took them about 2 hours later. I had four 250mg tablets all in one go and its the 4th day now and I’m absolutely fine have had any side effects no stomach pain no vomiting only thing is I can’t stop farting for some reason ! I don’t know if this has anything to do with but if it does that’s the least that has happened to me lol."

Lucy (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "I ordered a home test kit, and tested positive for infection. I then had to take two 500mg tablets, 20 minutes after taking them I became very hot and agitated, I became very nauseous and gagged three/four times, I had really bad stomach cramps and felt the need to go to the toilet. For the rest of the day I felt sick on and off. I was also pretty dizzy and in a 'blur' most of the day, not feeling right at all. It also caused a headache, and made me feel more tired than normal."

n/a (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2018