User Reviews for Azithromycin

Also known as: Azithromycin Dose Pack, Z-Pak, Zithromax, Zmax

Learn more about Azithromycin.

Mycoplasma Pneumonia 2 reviews 36 medications

Bacterial Endocarditis Prevention 2 reviews 56 medications

STD Prophylaxis 1 reviews 25 medications

Summary of Azithromycin reviews 683 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Azithromycin

For Chlamydia Infection: "I have a pretty tough stomach, but started to get this pain in my right side every time I breathe. Went to the doctor and they tested for chlamydia, how exciting. 18 and already having to explain to my boyfriend that he needs to get tested. Currently laying in bed in the fetal position sounding like I just ran a marathon by the way I'm breathing. Talk about cramps. I took the 4 pink pills maybe an hour to an hour and a half ago tops. Gets the job done fast, but pretty excruciating. Took a zofran and some melatonin, so far so good. I guess this is just payback for my not so bright college ideas of "it's okay he doesn't need a condom"... Use protection..."

atleastimnotpregnant (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chlamydia Infection: "I am an anxiety-ridden individual with a phobia of vomit and a sensitive stomach. I was deathly afraid to take 1g of azithromycin at once, especially since I've gotten very ill from smaller doses. BUT! I survived. Here's how. 1. Start by eating STARCH. And a decent amount. I ate a large plate of pasta, then drank two bottles of water. 2. Take the pills/powder. (I was given powder) 3. Drink more water, eat a few crackers. 4. Start to nibble on crackers about 30 min later. 5. Drink fizzy water. Drink A LOT OF IT. 1.5 hours in, I had around 15 minutes of intense gut-churning spasming. I took four Pepto pills over 10 minutes, and began to feel better. Next morning and no other side effects."

ISurvivedAzithromycin May 13, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chlamydia Infection: "I tested positive for chlamydia and was prescribed two 500mg azithromycin to treat it. I read some of these reviews and was scared about taking it because I react badly to most antibiotics I have taken in my life. I would definitely recommend taking it early in the day on a day you don't have much to do. I was extremely nauseous and puked 2 times in the first two hours after taking it but it passed after I took a nap. About 5-6 hours later I had 2 loose stools. After that I was fine, I had some gas pains the next 2 days and I was really tired but other than that I had no bad symptoms. I also took a probiotic at the same time so that may be why. Hopefully me and my boyfriend will both test negative come next test(:"

Stdfreeeeeehopefully (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chlamydia Infection: "Literally the worst side effects!! I was trying to focus on falling asleep because it felt like my stomach was twisting and turning and I was going to throw it up. 20 minutes after taking 2 pills, I threw up all over myself in bed! I ate crackers before hand to put something in my stomach. My heart felt like it was going a million miles an hour only 10 minutes after taking them, worst experience with any kind of medicine I've ever had in my life. Now I have to turn around and take them AGAIN because of course they weren't effective in 20 minutes. Luckily the doctor prescribed me Reglan (used to help with nausea) to take before I take the azithromycin. Hoping I DON'T have the same experience all over again."

070707bg May 11, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "This used to work for me about 5-10 years ago. I would get sick twice a year with a sinus infection and then take a Z pack. All better!! About 4 years ago the Z Pack stopped working yet my stupid doctors KEEP prescribing the Z Pack. I am good from day 3-day 12, then the infection comes right back."

timmytwos (taken for 10 years or more) May 10, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chlamydia Infection: "Got this for chlamydia- This treatment's effective but side effects have me crying and shaking uncontrollably. I got excruciating stomach cramps (felt like I was giving birth) about 3 hours later and then nausea/diarrhea. The fever just kicked in after 6 hours. Worth the quick treatment but not an easy recovery."

jh_ty7 May 10, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchitis: "On the first day I felt like death before taking the medicine. After taking day 1 (2 pills) around 630 pm I felt noticeably better by the morning, although I slept horrible (fever, uncomfortable wheezing). I feel 4x better in the morning.... Took this medicine along with prednisone."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chlamydia Infection: "I am currently 10 weeks and 2 days pregnant and upon going for normal blood work required I was diagnosed with chlyamidia. I was prescribed 2 single dose tablets in 500mg. Took them and threw up 4 hrs later. For me it makes it a lot harder since naturally I usually feel nauseated. I literally had to try and sleep or just lay down to avoid throwing the pills up to soon. I wanted to vomit as soon as I swallowed them. However I'll take that cause my health is way more important."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chlamydia Infection: "Free treatment in australia, two 500mg pills and I'm done. Blasting out my arse for a couple of hours but damn I'd have to say its a pretty sweet deal, free treatment and a couple hours of pooping and I'm cured! Guys its a cure for the clap, lets get some perspective and stop complaining."

Redfog (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pneumonia: "So, I had walking pneumonia for a little while and didn't know. No symptoms Then I got chest pain, went to the ER they sent me to the asthma room, and the albuterol treatments (all 3) only made my chest feel tighter. So they put me on the oxygen and I instantly felt better, they decided to try albuterol again, and I stopped breathing I was immediately intubated and ended up with a collapsed lung found out I had an asthma attack WHILE having pneumonia. I was in the ICU, most of my meds were given intravenously so I wasn't aware much of what I was given until I was released, the zithromax is great I feel better already. But even eating I have burning diahrea. I'm fine with it. I'd rather survive than complain about poop."

Chassity (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chlamydia Infection: "So I was tested positive for chlamydia they gave me two pills for 500mg so that's a thousand I had to take them both together how long dose it take for the chlamydia to clear out of your system with the meds doesn't feel like it's working but I must need to wait more also since I took it my stomach been hurting a lot dizzy lil bit too"

Bighomie25 (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchitis: "I had a horrible cough, I was coughing so hard I couldn't breathe and I was vomiting. I was diagnosed with bronchitis. I was on the 3 day Pack of AZ. No improvement whatsoever, just horrible diarrhoea and extreme dizziness and fatigue. Was put on other antibiotics and now I'm improving."

lanaxx (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chlamydia Infection: "Hello, i got my urine results back today and they detected chlyamidia! I was given 4 pills that all had to be taken after eating! I took the pills around 3 hours ago and I just started feeling nauseous so I decided to get gravel, I feel a lot better but I'm having the hershey squirts :/ hopefully the side effects go away"

Nick the king April 28, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chlamydia Infection: "I read all the reviews and prepared myself for the worst. I took the 4 pills, 250 mg each (1000mg) nothing! No nausea, no vomiting, no diarrhea. It's only been 2.5 hours. I ate a lot before I took my pills. I ate left over pasta, a pizza pop, drank a ginger ale, on my second soda, had chips. My stomach had 2 or 3 cramps, on a scale out of 1-10 it was a 1. I got the antibiotics for free at my local health unit. I live in canada and have no coverage for costs of prescriptions."

Firsttimer1987 April 27, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chlamydia Infection: "I was TERRIFIED after reading all of these reviews. I used to suffer from panic attacks but those under control.....without meds. Anyway, I debated and googled and called my docs office and finally my pharmacy before finally deciding to take them. I needed all my questions answered before doing so. All is good! I ate a carb dense meal, drank approx 1 liter of water and took a probiotic all approx 2 hours before taking the medication....after about an hour I ate a small amount more. I barely felt a thing a slight cramp and maybe a wave of nausea that lasted for about 20 minutes. Nothing too intense, I would say 3 out of a 10 for both. Well I am glad I sucked it up and decided to take the meds to get better!"

Badchoicequeen (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zithromax (azithromycin) for Sinusitis: "I am on day 3 of this I felt like death on day one could barely stand up clogged up extremely sore throat ... day 2 still clogged up but not as much and throat starting to feel better I'm surprised! Say 3 today still some mucus this morning dnd a bit of sore throat but way way better then day 1!"

Emy888816ga April 26, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chlamydia Infection: "Diagnosed with chlamydia again after retesting. Had no symptoms, but I didn't the first time as well. Slight nausea, cramps and pooping about 20 mins after. Nausea and cramps go away but poop last a day or so. I hope this works, as I'm not sure if it did the first time."

Whomp April 22, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "It's my first day taking the first two pink pills. It took away my ear infection but my throat still hurts when I swallow and about 2 hours after taking the pills I had watery diarrhea"

Aaron Spalding April 20, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchitis: "Some poorer Dr.s argue that "Z" packs should NOT be used to treat Bronchitis. This is a dangerous view due to the fact that without such treatment Bronchitis can lead to Acute Bronchitis or even Pneumonia. Don't let the Bad Doctor play with your health. If you have bronchial infection, demand a "Z" pack or replace the doctor!"

Tired of Bad Doctors (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 20, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chlamydia Infection: "Took two hours ago, 4 pink pills. Threw them up after 40 minutes but APPARENTLY as long as they're in your system for 20 minutes then you're fine and now two hours later I'm glued to my toilet as well "

Unfortunate (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection: "Second time taking this medication. The first for an upper respiratory infection this time a tooth infection. First time I took the medicine I had the worst stomach pains and diarrhea. Read online that eating probiotic yogurt before you take the med no stomach pains will happen ...IT WORKS! Had no problem the rest of the week. This time my dentist prescribed for a tooth infection. Well, I didn't realized it was the same devil medicine from before. Took the pill, ate waffle house, puked 1.5 hours later. Took a nap. Stomach feels a little better but still a little queasy"

Acjb April 13, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchitis: "Helped me get well"

Lunagaia (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 13, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "I am very allergic to a multitude of antibiotics....I have suffered with strep/tonsillitis since I was a child...every spring, every fall. The ONLY thing that works for me is the 5 day Z-pack. As others have said, please eat something first. I have been prescribed some meds that I haven't taken b/c of the listed side effects....this however has been the only thing to work for me. In fact, I am on my way in a bit to see the Dr because without fail, the white spots, fever, chills have come on this spring too!! Good luck to all."

Condor27 April 12, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chlamydia Infection: "This is my 3rd time taking this medication and the side effects are the worst! It's like labor contractions, a few minutes apart. It's not like a stomach ache where you need to use the restroom, at least not for me. It's literally contracting pain in the intestines or stomach. Though I've taken this medication on 3 occasions, I haven't had chlamydia. For whatever reason, I kept getting false positive results when I would go in for discharge which turned out to be Bacterial Vaginosis all 3 times! After the 3rd diagnosis, I went to my actual primary provider instead of planned parenthood, and they tested me for the antibodies of chlamydia and explained that I didn't have any and that it's not uncommon for the lab to misdiagnose chlamydia! What!"

Falsey (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin) for Sinusitis: "This drug worked after 5 days on my sinus infection. On the 6 day I experienced vomiting, dizziness, stomach craps, constipation, black stool, hypertension, fast beating of the heart, low energy, hives on my face, headaches, swollen eye lids, dark circles under my eyes. Day 11 after taking the last dose, still experiencing fast heart beat, swelling in my feet, hives on my face. Low energy."

Tracij (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2017