User Reviews for Azithromycin

1 review 25 medications
BabesiosisNot rated - Be the first1 review 9 medications
Summary of Azithromycin reviews 7.1 925 reviews

Reviews for Azithromycin

For Chlamydia Infection: "straight to the point—-> I ate two egg & bacon sandwiches on Toast. One before taken the two pills and the other after taking the two pills. Listen: My doctor told me to eat a lil bit, take the pills then eat a lil bit more after taking the pills. I also washed everything down with a ginger ale. The only thing I experienced was muscle spasm in my legs & ass but other then that I am ok :) But you can avoid all of this just like I can...WRAP IT UP...no glove no love...Be safe my sisters & brothers:) & remember this as a lesson***"

Kelly from da Block! (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "To be honest I'm just writing this for the people that are freaking out because I was also freaked out and getting anxiety reading the reviews I'm about ten hours in and have had minor side effects like just a weird stomach feeling that I I got 2 hours after taking it. It lasted about a hour but not painful. I have anxiety problems on my own and trying to take these pills ( after reading the scary reviews didn't help lol) but the key is to not take them on a empty stomach. The jar said to eat bread or something like that so in the morning I ate subway and drank water 30 min later at 12.30 around lunchtime I took the pills it is now 11.30 pm and I'm getting ready for bed and I feel fine.. You guys shouldn't think about it too much, I know it's hard but just eat something before taking them and you will he fine. I think it's best to take during the day so you can distract yourself and not think about it. You'll be fine. The other message: just use condoms so we can all avoid this again."

Saint1019 (taken for less than 1 month) October 9, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "USE PROTECTION !!!! it is not worth it , 10 minutes after I took the 2x500mg that I was prescribed I was very nauseous and had horrible stomach pains I just wanted to lay in my bed and not move - period."

wahhhuuuttt October 8, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "Omg! Do NOT take these on a empty stomach! I only had a couple of crackers and water thinking I would be okay... WRONG. I got a headache, felt very nauseous and worst of all the stomach cramps. I took four 250 mg pills and not even 10 minutes later I felt the side effects. It’s only been 2 hours since and I’m in bed curled in the fetal position. Sidenote: I ate a piece of bread and life seems to have gotten better but still not headache relief."

Anonymous October 5, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "I was terrified of using this after getting it prescribed due to a positive test for chlamydia. The reviews gave me anxiety to the point my hand was shaking while getting ready to take it. It’s been over 12 hours since I have taken it, no side effects at all besides weird stomach noises. For anyone experiencing anxiety about this due to the reviews, just take it and although I may have just been lucky, I prepared myself for the worst when taking it and nothing happened."

Colgate (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "Took this at night around 10pm with a meal in my stomach and took it with an English muffin and a probiotic. Was slightly sick in the stomach but nothing too bad. Standing and walking made me feel better. Minor episode of diarrhea with no pain or cramping within about 3 hrs after my dose. I have IBS so I was worried but definitely did not get hit hard by side effects this time. In the past I've taken this with no food or probiotic and had the worst experience. I was very happy with this experience and plan to move on with my weekend! Eat, probiotic and you'll be good!!"

Chris (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2018

For Bronchitis: "My experience is based only on the first day of taking this drug. It said to take 2 the first day and like others have already mentioned and just like it says in the side effects, I had 2 bowel movements of diarrhea within hours of taking it. It wasn't terrible but I drive for a limo company so I cannot continue with this prescription. I cannot afford to have a "got to get to the bathroom immediately" moment when I have a client in the car. Good thing this only cost me $5."

ssorkram (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "This was not my first time taking this medication (I was lied to twice), however it was the first time I've had side effects. I did not eat before or after and still managed to vomit a few times. I've been nauseated since I took the medication and have developed a headache as well as stomach cramps. Now I'm just praying I didn't puke up the meds! PLEASE GO GET CHECKED BEFORE UNPROTECTED SEX ! I shouldn't have to go through complete hell because my partner didn't realize there were TWO DIFFERENT TESTS ! A blood test does NOT check for gonorrhea or chlamydia !"

Cat (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "Well, did not use protection and let me tell you. Lesson learnt. I was prescribed these antibiotics. 2x500mg as a single dose. I took them on an empty stomach and about 1-2 hours later the pains started coming. And they just got worse and worse!! I’ve never felt anything like it in my life, I was in pain for around 6 hours and also had diarrhoea. I couldn't move except to go toilet and was in tears because of the stomach pains.. Nearly rang the ambo! I was so angry! I fibbed and told the person who gave it to me that it was serious and he might die.Still haven’t told him I’m kidding... chop it off "

Never again (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Took this on a full stomach once before, worst couple days of my life with the 5 pill pack. Took again with bland meal and two 500mg pills and once again I feel like someone is stabbing me in the abdomen. Nausea, diarrhea, headache, oh my goodness thankfully it gets rid of the infection but just protect yourself from any situation that would require you to take this. Side effects totally not worth it don’t think there’s any way around them :("

Breezy (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2018

Z-Pak (azithromycin) for Bacterial Infection: "I am now to the point where I specifically ask Drs not to prescribe Z-Paks for me. Sometimes, they argue & say, "it will work". Of course, it doesn't & then they give me a second Z -pac prescription. It still doesn't work, then finally they relent & prescribe something that does!"

Kathy (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "I took the 4 white pills and within an hour had absolutely severe stomach pains and nausea. Have had liquid poops for the last three hours every 20 minutes or so. I pray this doesn’t last all night. Wrap it up! And trust no one!!!"

Dumbass chick (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "I tested positive for Chlamydia and was prescribed two 500mg of this medication. I took it on an empty stomach and was 100% fine. The only thing I noticed was my lymph nodes began to swell up and were tender because they were trying to help fight the infection. 5 days in no headache, no swollen glands and no side effects. This medication works wonders!!!!!"

Notsmart (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I got the z pack for strep and it worked excellent on getting rid of it. The only side effect I got, was a full body rash that itches like crazy. I’m going on week 2 after finishing my pack and it is still there."

Sara (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2018

For Bronchitis: "I had bronchitis and a sinus infection. This cleared my sinus infection in two days and I'm on my last day of antibiotics and my cough is almost gone too. No more coughing up green. I tend to get the rarest, most horrible of side effects from medicines but not too bad with this. I'll say its a very potent antibiotic with universal uses. When I took it on an empty stomach, I experienced slight upset stomach. On a full stomach, no issues. I did experience loose stools with foul smell. I 100% would take it again for these issues. Benefits outweigh the slightly annoying side effect for a handful of days."

Leeluh (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2018

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "I’ve been super sick for the past week really bad chest congestion shortness of breath coughing phlegm body aches headaches fever the works. I took over the counter medicine then started albuterol every 4-5 hours and still feel horrible. The coughing has been constant Today on the 7th day I got prescribed the zpack literally within 5 hours I already felt a huge relief on my chest which is instantly felt better. The medicine is definitely working and it’s only day 1, so happy that soon my life will feel normal once again thankful"

Cary (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "I found out I got the clap after I had unprotected sex with a friend. I was absolutely devastated and picked up my medication the next day after finding out. The pharmacist warned to eat something before taking this medication and I haven’t had the best luck with pills on an empty stomach so I did just that. I ate a burrito and drank Gatorade about 15 minutes before taking this medication. I was prescribed two large blue pills (I can’t remember the dosage) but I took them both about 12 hours ago. I was super nervous after reading how other people’s experiences went but I had no side effects what so ever. Kinda made me sleepy about 2 hours after taking it but that was it! Definitely eat something before taking this, drink plenty of fluids before hand and I think you should be okay"

Dizzle (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2018

For Sinusitis: "I have a terrible sinus infection. I am also pregnant, I was prescribed this medicine and after 3 days I can’t take it anymore!!! Horrible stomach pain and no improvement for my sinuses."

Redd89 (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2018

For Sinusitis: "I’ve taken this since I was 8 years old- I’m 28 now. I’ve gotten chronic sinus infections and ear infections and this is the only drug that has helped. Every drug has side effects and this may or may not effect you poorly. Never had any adverse reactions with this medication. If anything it has improved my quality of life dealing with sinus infections. Good luck to everybody needing this!"

Austin (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2018

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "I am usually nervous to take antibiotics. I've had really bad reactions to others so reading these reviews scared me. I got this for strep throat and had to take 2 a day for 3 days. I've just taken my last dose and have had no reaction other than a tad tired/foggy feeling for a few hours after taking and a bit gassy. Its also cleared my symptoms up a lot so far :)"

Chelly (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "Went in the first time and was prescribed four 250mg pills, I ate a full meal before taking them and I was perfectly fine but this is my second time taking it (same dosage), I didn’t eat before taking it and now I have sharp stomach pains and needing to throw up. I tried eating something after I’ve taken them but I could not even eat due to the pains and wanting to throw up. Make sure you always always eat before taking these! Or you’ll feel like you’re dying"

Bubbles (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2018

For Pneumonia: "I have been suffering from systematic Candida since I took this horrible medication over 4 months ago. I had pneumonia and was prescribed this horrible drug. After 5 days I got a UTI, stomach cramps, dehydration, yeast infection and have since been fighting UTI's, yeast infections, oral infections, eye infection and esophageal infection. I highly suggest thinking twice before taking this awful thing."

Jan (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2018

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "Woke up with chills and my throat on fire and went to urgent care the next day. I was prescribed a z-pack because I’m allergic to penicillin. The first day I got diarrhea, the second day I got diarrhea, the third day same thing and my symptoms worsened and seemed to spread to my left ear. I can’t sleep a full night and can barely eat. I cringe every time I swallow. I’m disgusted with the health industry and poor antibiotics."

Hasley (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2018

Zithromax (azithromycin) for Chlamydia Infection: "Found out I got the Clap from this girl at a festival three weeks ago. Got tested and turns out my irritation was chlamydia. Took my dose of Zithromax and called up the ladies I had sexual relations with since. They all had it, super clap. Now I gotta buy them all flowers and get them zithromax. Meds worked but I had severe watery poos. I'm back to action now but I'll be more careful in the future!"

Big Black August 29, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "Let me preface by saying I am the biggest hypochondriac and usually experience side effects with stronger doses of medicine. After reading these reviews my heart dropped and I had full blown anxiety, so I overprepped myself and ate a ridiculous amount of carbs and drank a ton of water and ginger tea before and after I took the pills. I felt fine throughout the night, but the next morning after a few hours of being awake I felt groggy and started having stomach cramps. I had diarrhea a couple times but ate toast and drank more ginger tea, had some soup, and felt better by the evening. I’m on night two post pills and still have random/mild tummy pains and fatigue but nothing crazy. Grateful for not getting it as bad as some have shared, but still not worth it. I stayed home all weekend because of this. Wrap it up people... and be safe! Lesson learned - never again."

Stress Case August 27, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...

Micromedex® Care Notes