User Reviews for Azithromycin

Also known as: Azithromycin Dose Pack, Z-Pak, Zithromax, Zmax

Learn more about Azithromycin.

Mycoplasma Pneumonia 2 reviews 35 medications

STD Prophylaxis 1 reviews 24 medications

Bacterial Endocarditis Prevention 1 reviews 55 medications

Summary of Azithromycin reviews 484 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Azithromycin

For Bronchitis: "It's a great medicine but the side effects is as bad as the illness. Muscle ache, diarrhea and insomnia. All of this by day 3. However my chest feels a lot better."

SlimSix (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "First time getting an STI or anything of that nature after just starting to be sexually active. I had no symptoms. I'm in my early 20s. I was initially concerned because it was all very new to me. I went to get treatment, took one dose of four pills, my doctor advised me about the side effects and sent me along my way. Worst thing I did was Internet on the way home. Reading about the side effects with horrible cramping and diarrhea really scared me. Final verdict: It's been almost six hours after taking the antibiotics and I've experienced no discomfort whatsoever. I feel perfectly fine. There was lots of white, odorless discharge in my underwear but that imo is a small price to pay. Using condoms 4evr now."

Crieng (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "I'm not even one to leave reviews but I feel people need to know what they're getting into with this one! Took this at 4.30PM went about my day and Felt IMMENSE stomach cramps in my upper abdominal area by about 6.00! OMGGGGG. Went to the toilet 3 times in about half an hour with watery diarrhoea and laid in bed dying for a couple of hours. The cramps were so bad I called 111 and literally got my bible out and prayed because I personally felt like it was unbearable. Didnt eat or drink anything after taking the medicine. The pain has now subsided and its 8.00. I'm praying it doesn't come back "

Essex LDN (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2016

For Bronchitis: "I went to the emergency room to be treated for a very bad cold or flu and was diagnosed for bronchitis and prescribed the 5 day z pack. I took one the 1st day,got worser, had to be rushed back to the emergency, and then was told my lungs had swollen (Lung Inflammation).I could barely breath and was hospitalized for two weeks. I never had a problem with my lungs before taking the 5 day z pack.Im still suffering with lung problems at times but cant be treated anymore because i no longer have a job which means for me no insurance, but the fact is the 5 day z pack is more of a danger to your health than help."

Nite July 24, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Unfortunately, this is the second time I have had to endure this medication. The bottom line is, on each occasion the chlamydia infection has been treated. However, the process of getting there is nothing short of debilitating. I am not the type to complain and can take pain well but I cant stress this enough. Do not take this and go to work!!!! I am currently sitting at my desk in agony, the abdominal pain is so extreme it has me bent over. I know from previous experiences this is likely to last for anywhere between 3-6 hours and only kicked in about 2 hours after first consumed. Take with caution"

09897865 July 21, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "It has been a year since I have broken up with my ex and of course I slept with him without protection because I decided to be stupid! Little did I know he had the the clap and spread it to me.. I got tested and days later I got a call saying I had an STD and I it really does suck knowing you would be the one to get it! Very embarassing news and something you NEVER want to hear. I went into my doctors office and took 4 pills and left. About an hour later I had the WORST cramps and stomach pains. I sat on the toilet with diarreah for about 15 minutes and I felt better. It's been 2 hours and I feel better after the bathroom. Not horrible but it isn't a fun experience. I LEARNED MY LESSON. NO UNPROTECTED SEX"

Bornagainvirgin (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2016

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "Horrible! ! ! The stomach pain is like going into labor. But it WORKED ."

Lisa267272 July 17, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Ate at 12:00 this afternoon took two 500mg of azithromycin at 1:30pm and threw up about 30mins to an hour later. Now I don't know if it worked. I went dookie twice and my body was hot as hell any answers? Will it still work?"

Thecool22 July 16, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Took the 4 tablets in the nurses room and less than 30mins later was writhingin agony. So pleased I don't live far from the clinic. 1 hour later and I'm still experiencing waves of horrendous cramps and am starting to feel like I night need to run to the loo. I hadn't eaten all morning which may be why, tried to eat and drink now but it just intensifies the cramps. But, if it works it's worth it. I'd just advise anybody to take them at home when you've no plans!"

Anonymous July 15, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "I was prescribed 4 tables 500mg. I took them back to back since taking it as a single dose was too much for me. Not even a couple hours later, I felt a really bad stomach pain. I ran to the rr thinking I just needed to use it, but I did vomit. TWICE. it was a horrible feeling/experience. But if the antibiotic helps then its worth it."

Anonymousolv July 14, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Oh man . I would recommend people to just practice SAFE SEX ! This medication WORKS but the price you MAY have to take for not practicing safe sex with it is HELL ! Stomach pain and nausea out this world , and it seems like the side effects will last forever . Mine lasted for about 2 hours and I still feel bad but once you take the medication and get through the side effects , it's OVER ! Just remember no glove , no love lol "

Arianna Blackwell July 12, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I have taken a zpack for years now when I have infections due to having severe allergies to other medication families. I am faced with yet another soft tissue tooth infection and will of course be asking for my usual zpack to make it go down until we can get heart clearance from my doctors to have the teeth that are infected removed."

Mom37013 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 11, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Took two 500mg (1,000 total) in one dose. A little stomach pain but was able to sleep it off. No other side effects. The key to taking this antibiotic is to EAT EAT EAT. Eat something before and eat something after. And drink an entire bottle of water and then some. You'll be fine! Most people only share negative reviews but my experience with the antibiotic was just fine. And I have the worst anxiety. Just eat and drink water, and you'll be FINE."

Happy987654321 July 8, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Took the oral dose (1000g Z-Pack) on a Sunday night and by Wednesday I was doubled over with severe stomach pain for hours. Still suffering going on Thursday after a sleepless night. Also had some diarrhea but mostly stomach pain and could not hold any food down. Terrible experience but if the infection is gone it's worth IT."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Well, got a call at 11am from a nurse that one of my partners has tested positive for chlamydia. I freaked out a little cause you know, STDs are gross and sometimes killer. Well 6:30pm rolls around and I go see a doctor, I'm given 4 pills and I take them in the doctors office. I'm sent home and I feel fine. here I am all happy (LOL) minding my own business. It's now 8:15pm and I'm cramping like mad. I freaked out cause I thought my IUD was expelling or something cause those cramps were the worst. At this very moment I am telling you this news from the comfort of my toilet. The diarrhea has stopped (thanks immodium) and I vow to use condoms 100% of every time. Now I just wonder if I'll get a yeast infection from this (bleh)"

Condomsarenowmylife (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Took the 2 pink tablets, 500mg each, as one dose and everything was fine. I took a nap and a few hours later woke up sweating & really nauseous. I then began getting really bad cramping...Haven't gone to the bathroom yet but I did yack because the nausea was that bad. I really hope the medicine is still effective even after puking a few hours after taking it. Definitely learned my lesson about unprotected sex!!"

Optob June 22, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "After reviewing all these reviews I was mega mega nervous taking this. Caught chlamydia and had to take the single dose of 4 tablets. Was expecting sickness, diarrhoea, vomiting and pretty bad stomach pains. Had some cereal in the morning then 2 hours later took the tablets with some water and waited for the onset of horridness. I'm writing this because reading these reviews can be misleading as people are way more likely to want to vent if they have a bad experience, which is what terrified me. Besides a very small amount of diarrhoea which wasn't uncomfortable whatsoever and a few painless stomach growls, I haven't had any other side-effects whatsoever. Take these reviews with a pinch of salt!"

somebodypositivehaha June 20, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "I've notice I had a difference in my discharge then bleeding while I pee went to the doctor turn out that I have chlamydia. I was perscribed 2 dosages of azithromycin. I took the pills Wednesday its now Friday and I have NO side effects. Before I took to the pills I ate chick fil a right before then took them one at a time back to back because they were to big to take all at once. Only thing I felt was a little bit nauseous and a little stomach pain but that was it. I could tell the medication it working ALREADY!!!!!"

Ashely90210 June 17, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Wow took 2 500mg an hour ago and started getting nauseous 30 mins later. Just threw up my dinner but feel a little better. Worst stomach pain I have ever experienced. Medication usually never affects me but this stuff is no joke. I've learned my lesson, time to clean up my act I never want to go through this again. Obviously if it gets rid of it.. It's worth it. Good luck to you."

Regretttttttttt June 17, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "I took 2 of the pink 500mg pills. I had 2 slices of pizzas about 2 hours prior to taking the medication and I washed them down with iced tea. Right before work, I ate again, chicken nuggets from Burger King. I felt fine until about 4 hours later when this intense wave of nausea came over me while I was working. I also felt very hot. This continued on for the rest of the night. Today, I feel better, just a little abdominal cramping, but nothing that interferes with my day to day activities. For me, the medication wasn't a bad experience. Just a low price to pay for not using a condom."

slhdnrk (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Didn't feel good for a year doctors kept saying it was nothing till a year later theyears tested me and said oh you had it all this time I felt broken to me sti is somethingthat represents dirty and that's how I felt they then told me because I had it for more then 5 months I now have PID (pelvic inflammation disease) because it was untreated and my chance of carrying a child has slimmed. They gave me 4 tablets felt fine but now 24 hours later my stomach has constant sharpish pains, I've ballooned up and feeling crappie. All this for 1 night of unprotected sex is not worth it"

hbhfycg June 15, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "I literally just took this medication today to clear up my chlamydia, first time ever getting an STD. Didn't find out until I had some discomfort in a delicate area so I got tested just to be safe, less than a week later I got a call back telling me I got a positive for chlamydia (on a Friday while I was at work so I had to wait all weekend before I could get the treatment, that was fun). But Monday morning I went in, filled the script, made sure to eat then took them. Was fine for like the first hour then I had to leave for work. Luckily, my job isn't a desk job or a super busy, keep track of your bathroom breaks job. Because I definitely got stomach cramps shortly followed by some diarrhea. I would definitely taking on your day off."

Uncomfortable25 (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "I found out I had chlamydia on Friday, went into the doctors again today (monday) and was given two 500mg tablets to take. I drove to work straight after and I can't describe the pain I was feeling. I was laying down at work for 2 hours with the worst stomach pains I have ever experienced. Ended up in the toilet with diarrhea and couldn't move. Still have cramping and am now at home laying in bed. Scared to eat now as I don't want to run back to the toilet. I hope this goes away. I have never felt so sick from taking medication but if the chlymidia is gone then I guess it's worth it."

Secretname91 June 13, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "Started this medication yesterday and on other antibiotics I usually start feeling better by now. If anything I feel worse and I have every side effect, I mean the runs, the cramping, the gas, the bloating, the head pounding, the dizziness. I don't know if I can choke the 3rd pill down tomorrow. I am just miserable. Oh and I'm taking it for a middle ear infection and the pain is still so great, it just adds to the other side effects and its rendering me useless for things I need to do like go to work or function in general. My advice, see if a different kind of anti can be given to you."

Mmwwww June 12, 2016

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "All medications have risk for side effects some people get them and some don't. As well as some medications work for others and some don't. We are given medication that is recommended base in research. If first line therapy does not work then they go to what is recommended next."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2016