User Reviews for Azithromycin

Also known as: Azithromycin Dose Pack, Z-Pak, Zithromax, Zmax

Learn more about Azithromycin.

Mycoplasma Pneumonia 2 reviews 35 medications

STD Prophylaxis 1 reviews 24 medications

Bacterial Endocarditis Prevention 1 reviews 55 medications

Summary of Azithromycin reviews 512 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Azithromycin

For Otitis Media: "Received this as an alternative to other anti biotics because of my ibs and how bad they normally wreck my stomach. First about 16 hours went along very smoothly as I took the 2 250 mg doses and immediately went down hill. I liked mom stop for over an hour. The very next morning I stayed home from work, took another pill at about 8:30 am, and did alright thru the day until about midnight when I woke up to stomach gurgling and severe nausea/headache"

Skwillz (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Unfortunately I had to be treated for chlamydia twice with azithromycin due to bad choice. The first time I took the 2 500mg tablets and I didn't have any bad symptoms, the second time I was prescribed the Greenstone brand packet and it is HORRIBLE. I took it without food at first and went out to eat maybe 20 minutes later my stomach was very VERY upset! It happened maybe 5 minutes after I started eating my stomach felt like it had cramps way worse than a menstrul. I pooped somewhat but my stomach was still not in a good condition. "

viccyvic August 25, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Was diagnosed with chlamydia this morning sadly and was prescribed two 500mg tablets to be taken at once. After about an hour and a half of taking them I got the most excruciating stomach pain I've ever experienced. The pain was so bad I couldn't stand up straight without feeling like I was going to vomit everywhere. It's been about two and a half hours since I took them now and my stomach is starting to calm down, no diarrhea "so far", but if it will get rid of the infection I'm happy."

GoodDaySir (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Well.. I had unprotected sex with my so called "girlfriend" on a Thursday night. She texts me Friday night, saying she had chlaymydia. Yeah, after we had sex. Anyways I went straight to the hospital Saturday morning and took 4 azithromycin pills (250 mg each) and was given a shot of rocephin. After hours, there were no sign of side effects. I started experiencing slight diarrhea late around midnight of Sunday morning. Slight diarrhea ran through the day. I went to sleep Sunday night and woke up Monday morning around 3 a.m. with the worst abdominal pain. It's been about an hour and the pain is going away. No sign of diarrhea yet, so fingers crossed nothing else happens!"

Toby_12 (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "I recently found out I had the std and was treated asap with 500mg azithromycin I was prescribed 2 of those pills and got sick as soon as I took them, lasted for about 2 hours but everything's better. if you aren't feeling well try eating something."

hopeithelps August 19, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "being that I was 18 and this was my first time being told I had and std I was obviously freaking out so I had gone on line and read all the possible side effects of taking this medicine and absolutely scared myself to death. I took the pills at around 4:00 pm and didn't feel anything until around 6 when I began to get extremely nauseous I paced back and forth for about an hour and it subsided I never got any sharp pains but I did have diarrhea for about an hour but all in all I had a great experience with this medicine!!"

dellywelly August 18, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "So after almost a month no sex I got it....needless to say I got it...I went to doctors and he gave me 8 250ml pills in one dosage. I promptly went right back to work not thinking anything...oh ya empty stomach 9am....between sweating. Dry vomiting cause I was still driving.... not the work nearly cropped myself I thought I need food fast or I am pretty much fucked....I ate something and this point I shit pure Brown water 30 minutes straight....but it cured me lol"

Cantbelieveigotit August 16, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Literally one hour into taking this pill and I am in bed laying fetal position almost crying from how bad my stomach cramps are. Just waiting for this to get worse."

AbbyFranz (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "I took this medication a little over 3 hours ago and all of the sudden started feeling nauseous and started cramping. I got in the shower, ate some bread, and drank a bottle of water and I seem to be doing okay now. If this medication does what it's supposed to do then it's worth it. Small price to pay for being stupid and having unprotected sex."

Stupid2016 August 16, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Took the 2 gram powder 2 hours after a meal and a little over an hour, I felt like I was going to die. I violently vomited, but the doctor told me that most of the medicine was already in my system and not to worry. He told me that feeling this terrible is actually quite common with this antibiotic, especially with this high dose. I actually had to return to the hospital where I got it because I wasn't sure what was going to happen to me. I'm on day 4 and these are the symptoms I am feeling: Constant upset GI tract, stomach along with acid reflux, feeling hot, mainly in the face, feeling a little more tired than usual. I'm not experiencing diarrhea, but each time I pass stool, it feels like it is going to be diarrhea."

thekingofpillpop August 15, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Took the 2 gram powder 2 hours after a meal and a little over an hour, I felt like I was going to die. I violently vomited, but the doctor told me that most of the medicine was already in my system and not to worry. He told me that feeling this terrible is actually quite common with this antibiotic, especially with this high dose. I actually had to return to the hospital where I got it because I wasn't sure what was going to happen to me. I'm on day 4 and these are the symptoms I am feeling: Constant upset GI tract, stomach along with acid reflux, feeling hot, mainly in the face, feeling a little more tired than usual. I'm not experiencing diarrhea, but each time I pass stool, it feels like it is going to be diarrhea. Never again..."

thekingofpillpop (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "I was given 1000mg of Azithromycin in the form of four pink pills. I seemed fine for the first hour and a half. Was released from the clinic driving home when I felt nauseous and extreme abdominal pain. I had to pull over I was in so much pain and vomited everything I ate that day. I'm not sure if I need to get another dosage or not since I vomited literally everything up. I'll contact my local physician in the morning. So far not a happy camper."

Rainbow ice cream August 15, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "I went to the docs office and described my symptoms even tho I suspect it to BV they gave me 4 pink pills n a shot jus incase while the results were sent to the lab. Anyway not expecting to tke meds right away I hadn't ate breakfast. Hour after taking the pills got bad cramps in my upper stomach I could barely drive and I was sweating. The pain came and went for about 30 kins after that I was fine. Later on that day I did have a quick dizzy spell thought I was gonna have a panic attack while shopping but it went away quickly and nothing after tht. Next day I woke up with really bad itching in my vagina and discharge..bt the original discharge I had went away the same day"

Redbone1 (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Currently on the toilet with horrible diarrhea! I took four last night, felt like I needed to throw up but made it through the night, but woke up still in pain! I guess it's what we deserve for having sex without protection :/ Bad pain. Bad diarrhea. Bad experience. But it's still treatment so."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Com purely ashamed to have tested positive for an STI. Never thought I would be the one to contract one... But honestly it's such a common STI you don't even have to be the promiscuous type... Have only slept with three people, I'm 22 yrs. old and I received... So don't beat yourself up. Anyway, after I read the reviews before taking the medicine I went into the nurses office extremely nervous thinking I was doomed. I made sure to eat ALOT before going in. I was prescribed 2 (500mg) doses took one after another around 11:00AM. Figured I'd sleep the stomach ache off if I received one, but unfortunately my luck I woke up to the sharp pains around 1:30PM. I had diarrhea for a good 15 minutes &. Dry heaved a little. After that I've been fine..."

AnxietyDriven August 13, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "I am eight and a half months pregnant and I took a 2 pill dose today. About an hour or two later I woke up with intense abdominal pain. At first I just thought I had to use the bathroom and when that didn't help I started to cry. And pray. I recently felt some diarrhea so I handled that and then took a hot shower. it's about 3 or 4 hours since I took the pills and the pain has subsided a little."

Bubblegum800 August 12, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "So i'd like to post this because like many of you i read all these experiences before i took the medicine. i have a horrible phobia of throwing up and after reading the experiences on here i was so terrified i almost cried. It took me nearly a half an hour just to swallow the medicine( powder version) because i was scared of all the side effects. So after i took it i sat down shaking with bad anxiety waiting for the worst to happen. Take these reviews lightly. I had minimum to no side effects. It has now been two days since i took it and i feel fine. The most i can say is i pooped one time and had a weird stomach sensation but that is it. So please don't be nervous just know after you take it it will make you feel better"

ImStillAliveIPromise August 11, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Took it around 9pm and started getting terrible stomach cramps about an hour later. Couldn't fall asleep because they were so painful. Then had terrible diarrhea right after the terrible cramps. Started to feel better after the diarrhea. I would not suggest to take this anytime you plan on being out of the house! Plan on staying home and in bed for a few hours after you take it"

Anonymous August 10, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "So I was diagnosed today with chlamydia and having been in a faithful relationship for nearly four years I was obviously freaked out I'd had it that long. But anyway, I look four 250mg in one go at around 7pm and had stomach pain after around half hour. It's now 9:30pm and I just had one of the worst episodes of diarrhoea in my life. I was worried this would affect the drug working but it seems to be normal so as long as it gets rid of the chlamydia it's a small price to pay. Food/drink - mocha 1 hour before taking, bolognese 1 hour after taking. Judging by these reviews it seems it doesn't matter if you eat or not you still could get side effects. Worth noting I didn't throw up but then I'm not a throwing up type person"

Welshanon August 8, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "After reading these reviews here, and being a very anxious person - I did not want to take this. I took Doxycycline instead and it did not clear up the Chlamydia. I bit the bullet and got the one day Azithromycin (250mg x4) pack to take in one dose. I ate it with a bagel and cream cheese and hoped for the best. The worst that happened was crazy stomach noises, no pain. No diarrhea, no shakes, no fever, no sweating. Nothing else. I feel great today. So, take these reviews with a grain of salt. I maybe wouldn't chance it and take this stuff at work, but before bed - definitely."

Tuffins August 8, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "So, I hadn't realized that I had gotten Chlamydia until about two weeks ago when my doctors office had called me (I had apparently had it for two months without any signs or symptoms, although I should have immediately gone after having sex with this dude twice and almost immediately got what I thought were yeast infections) I took two of these burgundy pills (500mg of Azithromycin) Tuesday evening with no side effects. No effects whatsoever is more like it. It's now Sunday morning and I still see and feel no different. Worse even. I think I'm going to try to find a different treatment because this isn't doing jack for me."

Firecracker13 August 7, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Took one dose of 1000mg as directed at 9.30am...hadn't eaten since 6am but ate straight after because I was so hungry. No issues to report except for sudden but brief sharp stomach pains 3 hrs later with horrific diarrhoea but nothing else since. Seems like a better alternative to the week long course of another drug I had to take many years ago that had horrid side effects including a rash!! (same person for those who judge the promiscuous-this sti is everywhere so if you start a new relationship or get back with an ex make sure you get tested regardless!!) plus it seems to be some kind of hyped up laxative so if you need to lose a few pounds along with your chlamydia then this is your perfect drug!"

HowsYourLuck (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2016

For Otitis Media: "Almost week with major ear infection, went to see Doctor on a promise to "Wife" (I'm a Man, I deal with it - last time I had an ear infection when I was a teen). Taking 1 Card x 6 Tablets,250mg Tab., Azithromycin. I was alittle leery of product because it was made in India (oversight by FDA?). Overall, only draw back first day had diarrhea, the meds did the job. Felt much better after finishing treatment."

TheGander2015 (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "I've taken azithromycin twice now, both the pill and liquid form. It was effective in getting rid of my infection, but it made me violently ill. I'm unable to work because I collapse, vomit constantly, have terrible stomach pains to the point where I'm completely immobile, and I get fatigued. I'm sure for some people it doesn't effect them, but for those that do; it's absolutely horrific."

Nonamenecessary (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2016

For Sinusitis: "I'm only rating it a 3 so far as I'm on day 2. I went to urgent care pregnant with a chronic cough. I usually get sinus infections but since I'm pregnant they couldn't X-ray me. Day 1 within a half hour I felt sharp stomach pains and my stomach was rumbling. It ended up being diarrhea. I slept just fine at night. I woke up with my cough again. I think my cough improved a little bit on day 2 but I am still coughing a lot. I experienced sharp pains in my stomach and through my vagina. I'm hoping for more progress with this Medicine. As is, I was very hesitant to take it since I'm pregnant but if there is an induction I wanted to not pass it along to the baby."

Sick and pregnant August 1, 2016