User Reviews for Azithromycin

Also known as: Azithromycin Dose Pack, Z-Pak, Zithromax, Zmax

Learn more about Azithromycin.

Mycoplasma Pneumonia 2 reviews 36 medications

Bacterial Endocarditis Prevention 2 reviews 56 medications

STD Prophylaxis 1 reviews 25 medications

Summary of Azithromycin reviews 650 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Azithromycin

For Bacterial Infection: "Went to see my lung doctor for my coughing up phlegm constantly. He said it might have something to do with my quitting smoking. (day 102) Sometimes it gets worse before it gets better. He prescribed azithromycin 500 mg. 3 times a week for 4 weeks. So far I have gotten thru 1 week. Still spitting up, loss of appetite and can't get a good nights sleep."

Conehead Tom March 20, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin) for Sinusitis: "It has NEVER worked for a sinus infection. I just finished 2 of the 5 day dose packs and 3 days later has a fever of 102 with a massive infection still raging."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zithromax (azithromycin) for Chlamydia Infection: "About 2 hours after taking four 250mg tablets I'm experiencing awful diarrhea stomach pain headache jittery and drowsiness. I ate before and after taking this medicine."

Side effects wow March 17, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chlamydia Infection: "Had sex with a partner I've previously been with for months but he has been with other people then we had sex with a condom 3 times over a time and it started to smell down there. So I got tested a month later and the day I went to the gyno I was positive for BV. Haven't treated yet because I'm about to start my period. Few days later got a call from the doctor that I was also positive for chlamydia. So I took the 2 pills they were white and started reading on here the side effects and dang I was nervous. But I did eat a big meal an hour before and a small one after I took them and drank a good amount of water throughout the day and felt fine. But 30 min after I had stomach noises but nothing serious. exactly 24 hours later I'm blowing up the toilet"

Anonymous March 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zithromax (azithromycin) for Bronchitis: "It worked for awhile but didn't kill the bronchitis because it came back - I also got a yeast infection right after taking it."

Medmanager (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chlamydia Infection: "Excruciating side effects! Took 4 pills in one dose and about half a hour later I'm in so much pain in my stomach .In fetal position on the couch chugging water with the worst diarrhea ever and nausea but no puking yet thank goodness"

Kas96 March 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chlamydia Infection: "So I took the 4 pink pills at the clinic was feeling great that I am getting rid of this infection. 1 hour later I had ate a sandwich like 30 mins later man did I feel nauseous as if I had eaten something really greasy. I felt it in my throat, it wasn't like I had to throw up but I had the sensation. I didn't want to throw up cause hey I already took this pills don't wanna ruin the effect. Then I got the sensation I had to poo bad I got diahrrea lets just hope this pills work!!! side effects caught me off guard cause this is my first time experiencing this. but hope my review helps others going through the same!"

angel420 (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chlamydia Infection: "Honestly, this has been the worst antibiotic I have taken. SIDE EFFECT WISE! 35 minutes after taking four , 250mg pills, I felt extremely ill and ending up throwing up and experiencing instant diarrhea. I'm not one to complain because normally my stomach acts very well on antibiotics. I'm currently awake now dealing with really loud gurgling noises from my stomach. Hopefully this means the medicine is in full effect."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "I've been sick with a fever for about two weeks & pregnant. I'm about halfway through this pregnancy. Long story short, after a Sat. spent in urgent care (they did nothing) I was sent to ER and diagnosed with a secondary infection (basically bronchitis on its way to pneumonia). At urgent care (before the ER) I complained about ear pain and pressure too, but urgent care is good for nothing. Anyway, they sent my report to the ER & ER gave me azithromycin & a breathing treatment bc I was wheezing. 1 pill left of my z pack. My chest is great and pretty much cleared up, but my sinuses are worse. On the right side of my face I have jaw pain, clogged ear, ear pain, stuffy nose, headache & fever. Going back to doc as z-pack isn't working 4 sinuses"

Flu & 2nd infections preggo (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "I had this in the past with very little success for upper respiratory infections, but for some reason, still seems to be the go-to script for my PCP. Once again, I started with the flu (fever for 3 days), and it progressed to severe sinus congestion and a cough where I sounded like I was coughing up my lungs. Got this prescribed for me and after 4 1/2 days on it with very minimal relief of the sinus congestion and next to no relief for the coughing, I called PCP back (as instructed) to let them know I was not improving. They indicated that no other antibiotics were indicated and that the z-pack works for 10 days after you take the last pill. So, I'm still sitting at home, clenching my chest and hoping that something soon gives!"

coughzilla March 5, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chlamydia Infection: "Me and my girl friend had a three some with some random chick. (Not advisable) was pretty inebriated so guessing we somehow contracted it even with the failed attempt at using condoms. Anyway we test positive for clap and I get two pills of azithromycin. I took the tablet about thirty min later then I start feeling really ill. Light headache, cramps. I go home lay down then I'm running to the toilet with diahrrea. Hopefully this means it's working lol. Gf had similar symptoms."

TeamcClapBack March 3, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chlamydia Infection: "11 weeks pregnant and took this for a sinus infection. 500mg for 3 days. Stomach pain that starts about an hour after taking and lasts for several hours. I have a rock iron stomach so no diarrhea but terrible gas!! Not fun stuff but when you're allergic to the --cillin family there's not much choice!"

MNmomof2 (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "Only on day two but that first dose will scare you. I'm going to see it through..takes time for antibiotics to even work. Taking all of your medicine is important but knowing your bodies limits is just as important. This medicine is currently kicking my butt be cautious those side effects are really rough."

Sara all day March 2, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chlamydia Infection: "I took this for a chlamydia infection after my first, and stupidly, unprotected encounter in 6 years. I had very mild itching and irritation in the urethra, and after my test came back positive, my doctor prescribed me 1000mg of powder, which I took as directed. Everything got better but a month later, the irritation came back, but more mild than the first time. I waited a week just to make sure it wasn't just me being paranoid, and tested positive AGAIN. I just took my second 1000mg powder dose with water, as directed. Getting a little concerned now. I suffer from IBS and normally have stomach cramping and diarrhea, so I don't know if I'll notice the side effects."

DammitJanet (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchitis: "Over 2 weeks of horrible cough with copious amounts of yellow phlegm; went to doc and was started on zpak. Within a few hours of first (2 pill) dose, woke up from nap starving my head off. While standing in kitchen, waiting for my leftovers to heat up in the microwave, started sweating profusely and shaking. Felt like a was going to pass out. Started eating everything I could get my hands on, as quickly as I could, until the feeling finally passed, about 15 minutes later. I have never been diagnosed with diabetes, but will certainly keep a close eye on my diet and how I feel while taking this med."

Too soon to tell February 27, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chlamydia Infection: "Never really was big on condoms, like an idiot. But after 10 years and many different women it finally caught up with me. Started seeing a new woman about 2 months ago. After about 5 weeks she pops positive. So not really sure if I've maybe had it for a while and just didn't know it, or if she's had it and didn't know it, either way she let me know right away. She took the powder treatment that morning, just said it tasted nasty. 8 days later (this morning) I called and found out I too was positive, so I went in and was given four 250mg. Took all those at once, then went back to bed. Stomach feels a bit uncomfortable, making some interesting noises, and took a rowdy dump earlier, overall not bad, but I do have a cast-iron stomach."

Damnitguys February 24, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chlamydia Infection: "So I was prescribed 4 of these little delights as a precautionary measure and figured hey, better safe than sorry, right? I frequently get throat infections and take antibiotics for them so I figured my body should be pretty well accustomed and that I would be completely fine. I had a light snack and took the pills before bed. An hour or two passed with no symptoms, and I was relieved as I was pretty worried about feeling nauseous after my pharmacist had warned me I most likely would. I feel fairly gassy as I'm going to sleep But figure that's pretty normal and harmless...fast forward a few hours and I wake up feeling wet because I pooped the bed. Here I am, humiliated, frequently visiting the bathroom, wearing a makeshift diaper of pads."

The Shame February 24, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "100 %APPROVAL..... 6 hrs after taking this, I felt 98 % better. Almost normal. I can't tell cause I feel great but friends from the Congregation say they see it in my eyes a bit, that and a small head ache. Nothing bothersome if I wasn't reclining way back to type this. I've used this medication a few times over the years. And averaging between the other antibiotics, it is uncomparable. It has always worked, as as always like with this time got around 2 and took it. I felt like DEATH this am, but now feel well enough tonight to go to a meeting at my congregation... For a 5 day course ......."

Jah_is_my_God February 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chlamydia Infection: "Omg!! So today I took these pills on an empty stomach and I kid u not, about 20-30 mins after taking them, my stomach is on 10... I'm currently on the toilet now.... too scared to get up. Cramps, gurgling, nausea, u name it! I'm trying to take deep breaths to ease the pain but it's not working AT ALL!"

Pumpkin735 February 21, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin) for Bronchitis: "Very bad choice for me- should have checked interactions first myself! I am an Afib patient who has been in Sinusoidal rhythm for 5 years after a cardioversion in 2011. I took Azithromycin as prescribed and went into Afib a week later. The cardioversion didn't work this time so we're now looking at more serious alternatives......................"

ffred February 21, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchitis: "Had a horrible chest cold for over a month that turned in to bronchitis. Suffered through several Dr visits before after about 2 weeks being put on Z-Pak. I think this is the most wonderful antibiotic I've ever been on. By day 2 my energy is returning & today is day 4 & I've done more around the house than I have in over a month. No upset stomach or any side effects"

Heather4282 February 21, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Gonococcal Infection, Uncomplicated: "Okay so I was reading all these reviews and got so worked up and scared to take them, everyone saying they had nausea and diarrhea and I was so scared to take them. But I took them an hour ago after eating a good meal, I took them with sprite and have been eating a snack, still am feeling fine, not drowsy or anything. I was scared for nothing."

anon no name needed February 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "This gave me horrible stomach cramps. I had NO pressure or congestion. Day 3 of these and I can't breathe and out of my nose and the pressure is excruciating. I feel like my head is going to explode. Mega dosing with vitamin c next time. No side effects. I am not finishing this crap. I never stop an antibiotic early but this is the worst."

Nope. February 19, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chlamydia Infection: "So , after going to the doctor, I was prescribed 4 azithro pills along with some yeast infection medication. I only had oral intercourse since November with an old fling which I must have contracted it then and never was treated. So after taking the pills , I only felt nauseated for 3-5 mins and it has passed. I'm eating a bowl of cereal and I'm hoping I'm able to sleep through the light cramping and be infection free when I wake up tomorrow !"

BUBBLECHILD (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "Sinus pressure and infection, got Zpack for the first time ever. One week later and my sinuses are still clogged, headache lasted 5 days and feels like it will reoccur. Diarrhea every day. Tried every single homeopathic way to beat this feeling. Still can't sleep well and nose runs. This sucks."

Elclw February 14, 2017