User Reviews for Azithromycin

1 review 25 medications
BabesiosisNot rated - Be the first1 review 9 medications
Summary of Azithromycin reviews 7.2 884 reviews

Reviews for Azithromycin

For Chlamydia Infection: "I’d never thought I would’ve gotten to this point of catching a STD/STI it’s just like I carry condoms all the time. That night June 29th is when it happened. I had a random hookup with a Trans Woman something I’ve never ever done before. She told me that she was a virgin and was clean. Today I’ve discovered that all that was a lie. Such a dumb ass, but I rush to get these meds today 06/13. I ate a lil bit White Castle, chips and water. Soon after I smoked my weed and now I’m feeling okay lil cramps here and there I felt like I had to throw up, but it was just burps. I’ll probably make another update post. Good Luck and next time just pull that condom out ya wallet."

BeSaem (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2018

Zithromax (azithromycin) for Chlamydia Infection: "Went to our local free clinic for routine testing no diagnosis of yet but they treated me for Gonorrhea and chlamydia the worst side affects ever from 430 till 830 non stop stomach cramps diarrhea this medication is horrible. Safe sex would have stopped me getting into this situation - wrap it up and be safe"

We (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "My only side effect was some indigestion that I got from my food because of anxiety reading these reviews! Man.... I will never read antibiotic reviews again. 1000mg for clamydia, 4 white pills 250mg each. My food was just two fried chicken pieces and some mashed potatoes from Popeyes. I felt some heat go through my body and the for about 30 minutes I was bloated from anxiety lol. Burped a couple times. Currently 7 hours in and was unharmed. Side notes: 6ft male 180 lbs Age: 30 I prayed for 1 week before taking because of the reviews. I mean Thank God i was unharmed and I don't doubt he assisted me. But I believe I was afraid for NO reason. I hate medicine and I'm a roughneck but the reviews made me cringe like a nancy pants. And for what? The fear only exists in the head! Dont be afraid of this! If eat a healthy foods, and have only taken antibiotics like twice in your life, don't worry. Don't be filled with fear because of these reviews"

Anon-texas July 9, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "So far this antibiotic is working considering that I was a little nervous to take it since I had never taken this before. I was prescribed this medicine for my ear infection. The only thing that I've really experienced last night which was my first time taking (500 mg) was that I was a little itchy with no hives, rash or swelling of anything. This is day 2 of taking it and I haven't felt the itching again (probably because I took half of the original dose which is what I'm supposed to take) I feel like if something more serious was going happen it would've happened last night, but you never know I am only on day 2 lol. But so far nothing serious has happened which I'm thankful for. I've never really had a bad reaction to antibiotics I've had amoxicillin a million times and erthromycin once for a kidney infection, and never really had any serious side effects to it. It does depend on the person though."

Anon0891 (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "So I got the bad news while I was vacationing with my parents, so I couldn’t be treated for a whole week. By the time I got to my appointment my chlamydia symptoms were just awful so I was excited for these meds. I went in and they found out I didn’t eat breakfast, so they gave me some goldfish crackers and juice but GUYS - take these on a full stomach. Goldfish crackers doesn’t really count. An hour later I was sitting on the toilet with severe diarrhea and the stomach cramps were just awful. HELP YOURSELF. Take on a full stomach."

Lace (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "Taken the 4 tablets and had the injection at 11:40am today. Now getting very bad stomach pains and . I hope diarrhea this stuff works quick and clears it up quick too."

Ant55587 (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "I took the four of 250mg azithromycin pills after about a week of stalling, due to my fear of the side effects. I'm about 4-5 hours in now and I felt VERY mild symptoms here and there. Just a bit of bubbling and a sort of empty stomach feeling as I type. I drunk a bottle of water maybe 15 mins before I ate, then I had a chicken sandwich and a gatorade, and finally I took the pills maybe 5-10 minutes after eating. Not sure if thats the best route lol but it seemed to have done the trick for me. Wasn’t what I thought at all!"

NotMyRealName June 21, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "So let me make everyone feel better. I'm 9 weeks pregnant, almost 10 weeks and you can imagine my feeling from getting an STI from the father of my child. Well, I read this and was extremely scared. The reason I think everyone is throwing up is because of the food you're eating before you take this. Anything spicy or greasy is going to HURT your digestive system, honest. Eat a full meal but bland. I ate 2 bowls of macaroni and cheese made with water, cheese and butter. I drank one bottle of water, let it digest for 20 minutes. I took the medicine, afterwards ate crackers and had ginge rale. My best advice, just go to sleep after taking this. Take this at home, before bed where you have nothing to do. At about 3:45am (I took at 11:20pm because I had work that night) I got some stomach pains that just felt like intense gas pains, and moved around a bit. I probably went to the bathroom from 4 to 6, but only a total of 2 times and since I ate so bland, it really wasn't that bad."

POOHBEAR1 June 14, 2018

Zithromax (azithromycin) for Bronchitis: "Diagnosed with bronchitis on Friday, started the zpack and I've taken them to the end and still very sick after an entire week! I realized I needed to be seen when I woke up this morning with terrible chest pains especially when I breath. I went to urgent care this morning and the doctor said that I was the second patient he had that took z pack and had no effect. I am disappointed to say the least! Now I am on a different antibiotic. If I could give zero stars I would"

Mimi (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2018

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "On the second day of my fever my tonsils were swollen and had white spots. No runny nose, no cough. Dr prescribed the z-pack. Now I'm on 3rd day and feeling much better - the pain and swelling have reduced significantly. For those who are suffering from viral and getting the throat swab negative, I think they cannot expect positive effect of azithromycin or any other antibiotic, as antibiotics are not for viral infection and in such cases antibiotics may only help in preventing secondary bacterial infection. It may also not show significant improvement for those whose bacteria is azithromycin resistant. I had taken levofloxacin and had adverse side effects - Achilles' tendon problem and peripheral neuropathy. Since than azithromycin has been a powerful antibiotic choice for me."

Kamei (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2018

Z-Pak (azithromycin) for Bacterial Infection: "I love the zpak! I am allergic to most every antibiotic out there and so this is my go to. I have 3 infections right now, double ear, sinus and lung. I felt terrible 2 days ago and now I am awesome. I am having the poops and when I take it on an empty stomach it hurts, but a bit of food and I am fine as wine. I have 2 days left of a 5 day and I feel awesome. I love this antibiotic. Plus for me, is as soon as I am done with it I poop normal again."

Jess Dee (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "I will never ever take this again. I’m 8 weeks pregnant and already taking Diclegis for nausea/vomiting. I took this because I was swabbed and positive for chlamydia. I took it after eating toast and a granola bar and not even a half hour later, I was puking and pooping at the same time.....ALL NIGHT. Even this morning I’m not feeling great. Never ever again."

NoWay (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2018

For Gonococcal Infection, Uncomplicated: "After 5 days on azithromycin low dose I have stomach cramps, a lot of gas, bloating and upset stomach, a little diarrhea. But I think it's working."

Lizzy (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "My partner took this the same day he got tested. He got the shot and 4 pills and as far as I know he felt perfectly fine. His results came back positive so I got tested only a week after being exposed to chlamydia. Doc prescribed me two tablets to take at once. Didn’t really have any symptoms of chlamydia but since I was exposed figured better safe than sorry. Antibiotics always give me a little diarrhea but nothing uncontrollable lol...ate with snack and felt mostly fine (as good as I get haha) still waiting for test results but am expecting them to be negative. Will get re-tested in about a month since chlamydia can take a few weeks to show up."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2018

For Sinusitis: "Had a cold that turned into a sinus cold. Was very congested and stuffed. Felt like I was breathing through a straw. Ears felt clogged then itchy then burning. My nose would go from stuffed to a drip to a burning then my throat started to feel scratchy. I had no cough or temp. After 4 days went to clinic Dr prescribed z pac. 2hrs after taking it my chest and upper arms and upper back started burning and I was sweating and just so hot but I took my temp and it was 97.9 . I thought that was weird. So far it's 7hrs later altogether and I'm feeling a lot better. Had some mild cramping that lasted approximately 5 to 10 minutes but that's it. I'm hoping I can get through this."

Bre (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "I was told by a partner she tested positive so immediately went to get tested and get medication. This is a lesson learned. My goodness - take on an empty stomach they said...DODN'T!. About 30 minutes after right when I got to work I started getting STRONG abdominal pains, sweating so much, could not move with how bad it was. I tried throwing it up but couldn't. Ate a sandwich drank some liquids and feel slightly better just tired as anything. All I have to say is wear a condom this medication experience was terrible"

Dude 3 May 14, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "I must tell you I was absolutely terrified of taking this medication because of a bad experience I had with antibiotics last year. I put off taking them for over a week but couldn't tolerate the symptoms any longer and took the medication. I'm really glad I did because it's not been as bad as I'd imagined it would be. I did take extra precautions though after reading these reviews. I took probiotics the week leading up to taking the antibiotics and made sure I ate an hour before taking them. Its also important to make sure your electrolytes are balanced especially potassium so I made sure I'd done that too. I took the tablets at 10am and its now 2.30pm and I've only had mild diarrhea and stomach gurgling. I'm hoping that it will carry on this way because I can handle that. Will see what the next few days bring. The anxiety about taking this medication has been horrendous but it's got to be done. Look after yourself before and after this medication and hopefully it'll be a smooth ride."

Wrapup May 14, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "After having unprotected sex in the past I randomly decided to get tested last week since it’s been a while. Sure enough, I have Chlamydia and my boyfriend of 3 years probably has it too even though we do use protection there has been a couple times we didn’t use a condom. Dr said to eat on full stomach but I normally fast in the early afternoon. Ate a bag of chips and took two blue 500mg. Twenty minutes later I’m nauseous, burping, and my stomach is in knots. For the first hour I was in bed cause I couldn’t even get comfortable and my feet were so cold. I kept focusing on NOT throwing up for the first 2 hours. I craved something salty so I grabbed crackers and drank pickle juice. I feel so much better, you guys should try it. My stomach still hurts and I still feel dizzy when I wear my glasses. I’m finally comfortable, I feel a nap coming on and I’m just staying calm and relaxed. I think it’s working."

Never Again (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "I was terrified to take this after reading this thread. In tears I was so nervous, but I knew I had to. I ate a bunch of protein and heavy foods and packed my stomach full of food. I then went to bed about an hour after taking it and had NO side effects what so ever. My stomach felt the tiniest bit off, but was barely even noticeable. It's the next day and I still haven't had one side effect. I'm not sure if I was lucky, if it was the food or going to sleep but this was not bad at all so don't be afraid of all the scary experiences. Just let this be a great reminder to wrap it before you tap it! because no one wants chlamydia or have to tell the really hot guy you slept with that he has chlamydia as well!!"

igotchu (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "I went to the doctor last week after I partied to hard and woke up the next morning with my roommate telling me oh I invited my friends over and y’all had a great time . Uhhh what? Anyways , I tested positive for Chlamydia and was give 2 pills today. She told me to take it on a full stomach . So once I got home and ate I popped them suckers in. Within the next hour I was on the toilet with diarrhea.... I’ve been cramping and nauseous. I’ve been to the bathroom maybe 4 times since I’ve taken it which was at 7:25 and now it’s 9:12 . Here goes everything ."

Never again May 8, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "The first time ever having a STD was in 2013 Then 2017. I was dealing with 3 people, before being diagnosed the second time. Again, I told all parties involved and we were treated. About a month after I felt weird but was too scared tired and depressed to get checked a third time. I did last Thursday and got meds b4 the results which I will get tomorrow. I took the medication today and I never want to see another genital again. I took the meds at 5:31 PM. Felt fine for 30 minutes and then there was slight shaking, over heating, dizziness, blurred vision, I unlocked my house door thinking I was going to die, I forgot about that til now. For an hour and a half I experienced all of the above including very bad and sharp stomach and chest pains and nausea. I have been on the toilet now maybe 30 or more minutes with the pain and then water started shooting from that place.... I am scared to get up, but I feel much better. never previously experienced any side effects."

Lostone May 7, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "I was prescribed after receiving the news of my diagnosis on a Tuesday. On Wednesday I went to get my prescription. I ate dinner around 6:30pm, and at 9pm took the 4 pills at once (250mg each). After taking them my stomach needed settling, but I didn’t get nauseous. By 10:30 I got a bad headache, and diarrhea by 11pm. Other than that I feel okay. We’ll see as the week progresses"

g.apple (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "I took 4 pills in the one day for chlamydia and I didn’t check any of the side effects or get scared taking them. I took them and only ended up with a headache. Thank goodness I didn’t get any stomach cramps. I also had diarrhea later that day but didn’t think it had anything to do with the treatment because I was stressing myself out all day about the chlamydia that it very well could have caused it. Other than that I haven’t noticed any problems. I’m 4 days in and hopefully the treatment works out."

Aly April 30, 2018

Zithromax (azithromycin) for Bacterial Infection: "I am currently experiencing 18 rare side effects. If I had seen this list before hand I would have refused treatment"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2018

Z-Pak (azithromycin) for : "Had a sore throat and swollen left tonsil as well as earache (from pain in tonsil) and malaise for five days before I finally caved and saw a doctor. Sure enough I had bacterial tonsilitis. I'm allergic to the entire penicillin family so I was prescribed z-pak. It's been less than 24 hours and I'm already feeling so much better. I'll get my first good sleep in almost a week tonight!"

Trey (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2018