User Reviews for Azithromycin

Also known as: Azithromycin Dose Pack, Z-Pak, Zithromax, Zmax

Learn more about Azithromycin.

Mycoplasma Pneumonia 2 reviews 36 medications

STD Prophylaxis 1 reviews 25 medications

Bacterial Endocarditis Prevention 1 reviews 55 medications

Summary of Azithromycin reviews 524 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Azithromycin

For Chlamydia Infection: "I started a new relationship with my current boyfriend and I felt something not right after having unprotected sex with him the first time. I went to get tested and unfortunately it came back positive. They gave me 2 500mg pink pills. I was so sick to my stomach that time... so nauseous with diarrhea. So did he. But we didn't wait long enough to have sex and got it one more time. Took it again last night around 10pm and woke up day (7:45am) with bad stomach pain, nauseous and diarrhea- so did my boyfriend. So please wait to have sex again !!!!!! Better to take it once and have the pain/diarrhea than to double take it for not waiting."

Dumb2016 (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "So I took the 4 pink pills around 8:30 pm I had a small meal with cut up small chicken like a half hour after I took the pills and I would say 10-15 minutes after the meal I throw up all the chicken it was so terrible my stomach pain started right away its the worst its 10:11pm right now & these stomach pains are still going they hurt so much "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Just took 1000mg at once (as directed) and felt very very sick for a half hour or so. Hopefully it gets better soon. If it fixes the issue, it's well worth it though. Good luck!"

HungryFella September 20, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "The diarrhea sucked, it was watery and I had some nausea along with bad cramps. I have crohns disease which has symptoms already including cramps/nausea and of course diarrhea, lesson completely learned. BE SAFE AND SMART. Never ever again. Hopefully it is gone and over with soon, I took them earlier this morning in the pharmacies parking lot with a bottle of water."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Reading the reviews on here made me anxious to take the medicine but I did. I wish I had waited until I had a day off because the painful cramps, diarrhea, and nausea made me call in. This lasted for maybe two hours. However I still count this as a good experience because I'm cured."

Bleheee September 19, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Took 4 pills for a grand total of 1000mg. No side effects, no b.s. - Im an entire 24 hours in and the burning has subsided by about %40. Sent an email to my doctor to ask about the appropriate time to retest, no response yet."

BigBass124 (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Took the pills around 2 pm and then ate a full meal. 30 minutes later, I experienced severe nausea for about 10 minutes but now I am just very tired. But this is the consequence for being stupid and having unprotected sex. I'll take the side effects over an std anyday. So far so good though."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "I had no idea that I had the clap because I have not been with anyone for months. I took the 2 pills as soon as I got home from the pharmacy because the pharmacist said there were no side effects. Oh was he wrong. 30 min after I took it I had a sharp pain in my stomach and nausea. It was unbearable. I laid in bed with a headache as well and fell asleep for an hour. I woke up feeling better but now I have started to feel terrible again. Had some diarrhea, but did not feel like throwing up. I am still nauseous and have a headache. Treating chlamydia was so much worse than treating gonorrhea. :("

Thepriceofanstd (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Had my first ever one night stand and 2 days later, tested positive for chlamydia. My first encounter with an STD at 31! I felt immediately guilty. Lesson learned folks! Anyways, I picked up my script of 2 tablets 500mg each of Azithromycin around 5 pm. Instructions read, take both tablets at once. No warning lables or anything. So I popped both in the parking lot of the pharmacy, chugged about 16 oz of water with it. I skipped supper and headed straight to my kickball game and played a double header. I had no side effects until about 7 hours later, mild diarrhea. Ate normal meal at home. Went to bed. Woke up fine. No problems days after either. Hope this helps everyone against the negative comments!"

MGCo (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Before I took two 500 mg pills in one setting as directed, I came on here and read the reviews which scared me to no end. I was in a constant battle with myself as I continued to read the reviews whether I should take the pills to be safe or wait until my test results came back. I went and got tested after someone I was with told me they were positive for Chlamydia. Anyways, after reading the reviews about severe abdominal cramps, I wanted to skip out and not take the pills at all, but with much debate, as I had the next day off, I took the pills and prepared to have diarrhea and breath taking cramps and guess what? I only felt nauseous for five minutes and had diarrhea which wasn't bad at all. I expected much so much worse."

Crane231xa (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Took two pink pills after being told that I had chlamydia. They told me no sex for 7 days and to not eat greasy food the rest of the day. As soon as I got home I had watery diarhea & a little tummy ache, nothing major. It's been three days since and nothings happened, just hoping the infection is gone outta my body."

Jjjjjjjjjjjj_____2793 August 26, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "OK had to write a review after seeing so many horror stories. My side effects were minimal, about an hour and a half after taking the 4 tablets at once as prescribed, my stomach hurt and I felt only a little sick. I laid in bed and just rode it out by napping. When I woke up I had one minor episode of diarrhea and then, done. It was definitely nothing like some of the bad experiences I've read on here. Many folks review because they had a bad experience and folks who have no side effects tend to not care enough to report their non-eventful experience. Keep that in mind if you're nervous! Definitely worth the 30 minutes of a little stomach ache to make yourself healthy. Just eat beforehand and after, you will be solid. It was no big deal."

reighn848 August 26, 2016

For Otitis Media: "Received this as an alternative to other anti biotics because of my ibs and how bad they normally wreck my stomach. First about 16 hours went along very smoothly as I took the 2 250 mg doses and immediately went down hill. I liked mom stop for over an hour. The very next morning I stayed home from work, took another pill at about 8:30 am, and did alright thru the day until about midnight when I woke up to stomach gurgling and severe nausea/headache"

Skwillz (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Unfortunately I had to be treated for chlamydia twice with azithromycin due to bad choice. The first time I took the 2 500mg tablets and I didn't have any bad symptoms, the second time I was prescribed the Greenstone brand packet and it is HORRIBLE. I took it without food at first and went out to eat maybe 20 minutes later my stomach was very VERY upset! It happened maybe 5 minutes after I started eating my stomach felt like it had cramps way worse than a menstrul. I pooped somewhat but my stomach was still not in a good condition. "

viccyvic August 25, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Was diagnosed with chlamydia this morning sadly and was prescribed two 500mg tablets to be taken at once. After about an hour and a half of taking them I got the most excruciating stomach pain I've ever experienced. The pain was so bad I couldn't stand up straight without feeling like I was going to vomit everywhere. It's been about two and a half hours since I took them now and my stomach is starting to calm down, no diarrhea "so far", but if it will get rid of the infection I'm happy."

GoodDaySir (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Well.. I had unprotected sex with my so called "girlfriend" on a Thursday night. She texts me Friday night, saying she had chlaymydia. Yeah, after we had sex. Anyways I went straight to the hospital Saturday morning and took 4 azithromycin pills (250 mg each) and was given a shot of rocephin. After hours, there were no sign of side effects. I started experiencing slight diarrhea late around midnight of Sunday morning. Slight diarrhea ran through the day. I went to sleep Sunday night and woke up Monday morning around 3 a.m. with the worst abdominal pain. It's been about an hour and the pain is going away. No sign of diarrhea yet, so fingers crossed nothing else happens!"

Toby_12 (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "I recently found out I had the std and was treated asap with 500mg azithromycin I was prescribed 2 of those pills and got sick as soon as I took them, lasted for about 2 hours but everything's better. if you aren't feeling well try eating something."

hopeithelps August 19, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "being that I was 18 and this was my first time being told I had and std I was obviously freaking out so I had gone on line and read all the possible side effects of taking this medicine and absolutely scared myself to death. I took the pills at around 4:00 pm and didn't feel anything until around 6 when I began to get extremely nauseous I paced back and forth for about an hour and it subsided I never got any sharp pains but I did have diarrhea for about an hour but all in all I had a great experience with this medicine!!"

dellywelly August 18, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "So after almost a month no sex I got it....needless to say I got it...I went to doctors and he gave me 8 250ml pills in one dosage. I promptly went right back to work not thinking anything...oh ya empty stomach 9am....between sweating. Dry vomiting cause I was still driving.... not the work nearly cropped myself I thought I need food fast or I am pretty much fucked....I ate something and this point I shit pure Brown water 30 minutes straight....but it cured me lol"

Cantbelieveigotit August 16, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Literally one hour into taking this pill and I am in bed laying fetal position almost crying from how bad my stomach cramps are. Just waiting for this to get worse."

AbbyFranz (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "I took this medication a little over 3 hours ago and all of the sudden started feeling nauseous and started cramping. I got in the shower, ate some bread, and drank a bottle of water and I seem to be doing okay now. If this medication does what it's supposed to do then it's worth it. Small price to pay for being stupid and having unprotected sex."

Stupid2016 August 16, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Took the 2 gram powder 2 hours after a meal and a little over an hour, I felt like I was going to die. I violently vomited, but the doctor told me that most of the medicine was already in my system and not to worry. He told me that feeling this terrible is actually quite common with this antibiotic, especially with this high dose. I actually had to return to the hospital where I got it because I wasn't sure what was going to happen to me. I'm on day 4 and these are the symptoms I am feeling: Constant upset GI tract, stomach along with acid reflux, feeling hot, mainly in the face, feeling a little more tired than usual. I'm not experiencing diarrhea, but each time I pass stool, it feels like it is going to be diarrhea."

thekingofpillpop August 15, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Took the 2 gram powder 2 hours after a meal and a little over an hour, I felt like I was going to die. I violently vomited, but the doctor told me that most of the medicine was already in my system and not to worry. He told me that feeling this terrible is actually quite common with this antibiotic, especially with this high dose. I actually had to return to the hospital where I got it because I wasn't sure what was going to happen to me. I'm on day 4 and these are the symptoms I am feeling: Constant upset GI tract, stomach along with acid reflux, feeling hot, mainly in the face, feeling a little more tired than usual. I'm not experiencing diarrhea, but each time I pass stool, it feels like it is going to be diarrhea. Never again..."

thekingofpillpop (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "I was given 1000mg of Azithromycin in the form of four pink pills. I seemed fine for the first hour and a half. Was released from the clinic driving home when I felt nauseous and extreme abdominal pain. I had to pull over I was in so much pain and vomited everything I ate that day. I'm not sure if I need to get another dosage or not since I vomited literally everything up. I'll contact my local physician in the morning. So far not a happy camper."

Rainbow ice cream August 15, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "I went to the docs office and described my symptoms even tho I suspect it to BV they gave me 4 pink pills n a shot jus incase while the results were sent to the lab. Anyway not expecting to tke meds right away I hadn't ate breakfast. Hour after taking the pills got bad cramps in my upper stomach I could barely drive and I was sweating. The pain came and went for about 30 kins after that I was fine. Later on that day I did have a quick dizzy spell thought I was gonna have a panic attack while shopping but it went away quickly and nothing after tht. Next day I woke up with really bad itching in my vagina and discharge..bt the original discharge I had went away the same day"

Redbone1 (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2016