User Reviews for Azithromycin

Also known as: Azithromycin Dose Pack, Z-Pak, Zithromax, Zmax

Learn more about Azithromycin.

Mycoplasma Pneumonia 2 reviews 36 medications

Bacterial Endocarditis Prevention 2 reviews 55 medications

STD Prophylaxis 1 reviews 25 medications

Summary of Azithromycin reviews 628 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Azithromycin

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "This gave me horrible stomach cramps. I had NO pressure or congestion. Day 3 of these and I can't breathe and out of my nose and the pressure is excruciating. I feel like my head is going to explode. Mega dosing with vitamin c next time. No side effects. I am not finishing this crap. I never stop an antibiotic early but this is the worst."

Nope. February 19, 2017

For Chlamydia Infection: "So , after going to the doctor, I was prescribed 4 azithro pills along with some yeast infection medication. I only had oral intercourse since November with an old fling which I must have contracted it then and never was treated. So after taking the pills , I only felt nauseated for 3-5 mins and it has passed. I'm eating a bowl of cereal and I'm hoping I'm able to sleep through the light cramping and be infection free when I wake up tomorrow !"

BUBBLECHILD (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2017

For Sinusitis: "Sinus pressure and infection, got Zpack for the first time ever. One week later and my sinuses are still clogged, headache lasted 5 days and feels like it will reoccur. Diarrhea every day. Tried every single homeopathic way to beat this feeling. Still can't sleep well and nose runs. This sucks."

Elclw February 14, 2017

For Chlamydia Infection: "Rating this on my experience so far, not sure if it totally got rid of it yet. Got chlamydia using a condom with a long time hook up I thought was monogamous with me, how swell right? Didn't have symptoms but routine test came back positive. Was terrified to take these because I get so sick on antibiotics, but took a few precautions that helped. Started loading up on digestive probiotics right way (waited two days to take the dose because I had a weekend I could not miss from being sick). Waited for a day off, ate a huge meal and loaded up on water. An hour after taking the pills I felt like I was about to vomit with intense stomach pain. This went away after a two hour nap. Now I feel fine just tired and a little crampy."

alwaysickk (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2017

For Chlamydia Infection: "Got a positive test result text, went to get treatment that same afternoon with my partner. Both given 4 azithromycin tablets (1000mg) to take at once. Since taking them both of us have had nausea, stomach cramps, stomachs making funny gurgling noises and diarrhoea. This started roughly 2 hours after taking. Hoping they will pass soon, feeling sick is the worst :("

BLL7 (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2017

For Chlamydia Infection: "If you are experiencing symptoms of diarrhea/nausea/vomiting, try taking Benadryl 30 minutes to 1 hour prior to taking antibiotic. Benadryl may cause drowsiness, so do take 1-2 hours before bedtime. I have tried this and it gives you zero side effects."

Sunshine0223 February 13, 2017

Zithromax (azithromycin) for Bronchitis: "OMG never again. Within 30 min of taking the 2 pills for the first dose, I experienced a feeling of being intoxicated. It is now 12 hrs later. I still feel high or intoxicated like I had a couple of heavy drinks in me. I'm stumbling, cannot operate a vehicle, walk, or even take a shower or stare at this screen or type on my phone. This drug is horrible. I am jittery and I feel like I'm dying so bad that I just had to call an on-call DR to prescribe me some Augmentin, which I know I can tolerate. I'm taking panic attacks and I feel I am in a brain fog and "comfortably numb". Cannot concentrate or think on this drug. Its the same feeling like right after a percocet, but the high feeling hasn't let up. I hope this feeling goes away soon!!"

HighOnZithro (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2017

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "I was prescribed this product for an upper respiratory infection yesterday at the ER. The doc said to hold on from taking it for a couple of days because he thought I have a viral infection. Last night I was feeling so miserable, my sinuses were burning up, chest with lot of congestion, etc. So I called the nurse at the ER to ask if I could just take it right away, I am also pregnant.. She said to go ahead and take it, that it would not hurt if it was viral. I took the first 2 pills around 11pm. I could not sleep, it does raise your heart rate a little, I guess when it fights the infection.. Today I started feeling much better at around 5pm. I am so glad I followed my guts and took this med, it is a miracle med."

Pam777 (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2017

For Chlamydia Infection: "18, FIRST gyno visit, and I tested positive for chlamydia, BV and a yeast infection. How embarrassing. For chlamydia, doc prescribed 1 dose of a 1000 mg pill of azithro. I had zero side effects. I got retested 2 months later and results came back still positive even though I abstained from sex. Treatment must not have worked :( this time around I was prescribed two 500mg azithro pills. TAKE THESE PILLS AT NIGHT BEFORE BED. the side effects only lasted 2 hours max. IF YOU FEEL NAUSEOUS, take deep breaths and lay on your left side. I have no advice for diarrhea lol I'm still running to the bathroom. fingers crossed it works this time."

anonymous00003 February 10, 2017

For Chlamydia Infection: "Some of these ppl on these reviews are really over exaggerating.. Idk it could just be my body is different well I guess everyone's is but.. I ate right before I took this medicine and dranked a lot of water throughout the day I took it in the evening.. I did feel nausea for about 10 mins then it went away probably because I took pepto bismo like 15 mins after I took all four pills. I do definitely suggest doing these things. Only side effects I had were drowsiness and like 10 mins of feeling nausea, and no diarhhea and I had the highest dose, Nothing serious."

Chelleeeeeeee February 10, 2017

For Bronchitis: "It started a month ago where I developed a cold and it went into a bad cough. It was scary and then I lost my voice. My doctor prescribed azithromycin, I decided to look at the reviews and I thought yikes I'm not taking this, One person said the side effects were worse that the illness. Three weeks later I got rid of my cold to get it back one week later but this time the cough turned into bronchitis. Now that cough scared me so bad I decided to look at the positive reviews. One woman said you have to try it first and I did and wow three days on the medicine my cough is almost gone. Side effects,, sore stomach for a few minutes after taking it.. mild headache.. compared to that cough I have nothing to complain about. Life is good again :)"

jojobunny February 10, 2017

For Bronchitis: "I am on day 5 of the Z-Pak for bronchitis and the only improvement I have is no more swollen throat. I cannot take deep breaths otherwise I immediately go into a coughing fit, my coughs are deep and painful, and my stomach is certainly not a fan of this medication at all. I can only sleep on my back to avoid the coughing and wheezing so when I finally do fall asleep I could sleep for days only to wake up more exhausted. I had a fever of 100.9 the first day (Friday) which went away later after the first 2 pills but returned periodically throughout the weekend along with hot and cold sweats. The headaches are honestly the worst part. When I cough my head feels like it's going to split open. Seeking alternative next time."

HulkSmashlie (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2017

For Bacterial Infection: "I'm 35 weeks pregnant. None of the antibiotics cleared the infection I had. Doctor prescribed azithromycin 500mg (2 tablets as a single dose). I took them. Experienced crazy diarrhea. Felt nauseous, but debt throw up. Pretty sure the meds have worked. Concerned with what to eat now. Now to get to full term and have a safe vaginal delivery. .."

Mommy2Be17 February 6, 2017

For Chlamydia Infection: "Let me just say that I was so nervous to take my dose of 500 mg (two pills) after checking the reviews. I was anticipating the pain lol... nothing happened. I will say this though I took it right after I had a meal of BBQ chicken wings and fries and a bottle of water so maybe eating a meal helped lol. If anything I felt nauseous for like 3 minutes... but I think it was more because I was panicking anticipating the pain lol. Slept like a baby, it's currently the next day after taking them and I feel fine. Did use the bathroom today but it definitely wasn't a bad one like the ones described . So don't be scared! Just eat a full meal and stay hydrated!!! Gonna go back to the doctor in two weeks to make sure it worked! Will check in!"

Alana Asb. February 4, 2017

For Chlamydia Infection: "I found out that I had Chlamydia yesterday. Very upsetting. Went to see my doctor and she prescribed me 450mg azithromycin tablets.( p.s. ensure that you have something to eat before you take these tablets) While I was on my way home, my stomach started feeling really tight and I felt like I wanted to throw up, but I didn't. So make sure you eat first. But so far, I don't have any major side effects or anything like that. Just occasional stomach cramping but nothing too severe. And I do feel nauseous once in a while as well."

Jamjam:) February 4, 2017

For Chlamydia Infection: "I went to the doctors because of abnormal bleeding and got a urine test for chlamydia. He called me about a week later saying that I tested positive and needed to pick up a prescription for one dosage of two 500mg tablets. It was about an hour and a half later when I started feeling nauseous and had cramping. I went to the toilet and feel like I pooped all the liquids out of me (it was not pleasant). Now it's been about 5 hours since then and I'm still feeling a little off and have cramping but it's bearable. Hope everyone is alright and chlamydia free!"

Ehhh February 2, 2017

For Chlamydia Infection: "10 weeks pregnant, went to see my OB for STD testing I'm thinking "cool, everything came out negative before my boyfriend and I got together" which was 2 months before we started dating almost a year ago. WRONG! They called & said "Hey you tested positive" I was sure they had the wrong number. I ate cereal and took two 500mg of the azithromycin was rudely awaken from the best sleep of my life feeling like my ass was falling off, stomach wrenching pain & nausea. All dealable since I have IBS, it could've been worse. My bf is going to be tested & will have his pretty day on the toilet as well. Definitely advise against getting pregnant and the clap at the same time :)"

ShootMeInTheTits (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2017

For Chlamydia Infection: "I have previously had chlamydia in the past and me and my boyfriend at the time were both given the 4 pills and we both ended up running to the bathroom all night with the runs and horrible cramps. 2 years later, I have it again and my doctor suggested the liquid form. Took 25ml of it after lunch and felt a little lightheaded for about an hour afterwards and had a few cramps but aside from that I feel fine!"

Nicole324 January 31, 2017

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "I was prescribed this med for infection I have gotten better but side effects for me are stomachs cramps diarrhea lightheaded nausea and I'm very jittery at night having a hard time sleeping I'm glad it's not just me but I guess this med has pros and cons - 2 more days of hell"

Mellie2004 January 30, 2017

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "I took for 5 days but it didn't help at all. Now starting Levofloxacin "

Aalamm January 28, 2017

For Chlamydia Infection: "Found out today, hate antibiotics, have waited till this moment, now to take them. Even spent two hrs earlier looking up "homeopathic cures for chlamydia" --- which was very informative but really ? does it work? ... So taking the two 500 mg tablets right after I post this and thanking all who posted / shared their experiences on here for giving me the Slap on the ass I needed."

Cheerstoyouchlamydia (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2017

For Chlamydia Infection: "I took these tablets at half 9 last night. The one dose. I've had weird stomach noises, no diarrhea, no sickness or nothing. A little bit of a sore head but not sure if thats to do with these tablets or not. I read all these reviews before hand and got all worked up preparing for the worst but no problems at all."

Sery (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2017

For Bronchitis: "Awful. I'm on day 10 of death. Started out as violent D&V thought I'd eaten something dodgy as I'd been in Thailand for a week but day 2 started feeling really awful. Ended up being admitted to hospital after about a week. Had a nebuliser every couple of hours and and IV antibiotic. Chills, shaking, terrible hacking cough, pounding headache, blocked sinus. Thai hospital not much fun with cats wandering around the ward so was pleased to get out after 1 night. They left the cannula in so got pumped full of another dose of antibiotics which in turn made me more sick/diarrhoea. Doc gave me a further 3 days of azithromycin - first dose gave me more diarrhoea and nausea. I have zero appetite and not eaten for 10 days and feel no better at all."

metgirl1 January 24, 2017

For Bacterial Infection: "Ok I got the flu really bad and got a bacterial respiratory infection I got 5 days of this and an inhaler. The pharmacy said I didn't have to take it with food I took the 2 pills at 11:30am about an hour after taking it I got an extremely bad headache that wouldn't go away around 5 pm it finally went away. At 6:30 I started to get really painful bad stomach cramps....I went to the bathroom and had extremely severe WATERY diarrhea I was on the toilet with this for 3 hours!!!! I'm now lying in bed with stomach pain I honestly think I might just stop taking it and hope the infection does away and use my inhaler....the pain is horrific !!!!!!'"

cait44 January 23, 2017

For Chlamydia Infection: "No side effects whatsoever!"

Anonymous January 21, 2017