User Reviews for Azithromycin

Skin and Structure Infection 1.0
Summary of Azithromycin reviews 7.0 1,147 reviews

Reviews for Azithromycin

Lottie · Taken for less than 1 month July 25, 2020

For Pneumonia: “My husband was diagnosed with pneumonia less than 24 hrs ago. He has taken his first azithromycin dose of 2. In less than 24 hours he is about 95% better. It seems to be working miracles with him”

patriot434 · Taken for less than 1 month July 23, 2020

For Babesiosis: “It was prescribed in the hospital when I first had babesiosis. It was given in the IV. After release from hosp I believe I continued to take it for 4 more days. Whatever the complete treatment was. I had no side effects other than the usual problems with my gut biome afterwards, which I cured with yogurt and kimchi (fermented cabbage).”

CJ · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2020

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: “Early Fall 2019, I took 250 mg Azithromycin Tablets, USP. I had a chronic nonproductive cough. Thankfully, it worked great for me. But some of my associates didn’t like it. Possibly the brand? My brand was CSPC Ouyi Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. Shijazhuang, Hebei, China”

Cheyenne · Taken for less than 1 month June 15, 2020

For Pneumonia: “I was prescribed azithromycin for a Covid19 scare. I had pneumonia but a negative Covid19 test. I was on a 5 day course. I’m someone who never takes medication because I’m scared of all the side effects and I’m an absolute baby when I feel bad.. at all. I took it before bed. I didn’t have many symptoms. I would have to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. The only thing that really bothered me was that it made me extremely cold. The 2 side effects I did experience were gone about 6 hours in. My symptoms from my pneumonia were gone by the second day on the medication. This was the first antibiotic where I was able to finish the full course (although I figured this would be better than having Covid and getting worse). I will also add that I have a heart arrhythmia called SVT. I also have inappropriate sinus tachycardia & POTS. The medication didn’t effect my heart at all. I was very scared of that.”

beggers · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 12, 2020

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin) for Sinusitis: “I have been taking azithromycin for chest infection, my dose that I take is 500mg 3 times a week. I have COPD and it works a treat but severe sinus problems cannot breath down my nose so annoying.”

Lola · Taken for less than 1 month June 8, 2020

For Sinusitis: “Absolutely horrible side effects. Chest pain, shortness of breath and volatile heart beat from 2nd day of therapy onward (it was a five-day course). Ended up in ER, but EKG seemed normal. I am now in the third day after taking the last pill. Cleared up my sinusitis, but side effects are still lingering. Feeling hot on the inside, but no fever. Feelings of hopelessness, severe depression. Heart rate up to 130 only to drop to 50. Chest pain. Fear of a heart attack. No appetite whatsoever. Surviving on soup. One moment I feel like my old self, the next I feel like I'm losing my mind.”

akehey · Taken for less than 1 month May 30, 2020

Z-Pak (azithromycin) for Bacterial Infection: “These bad reviews TERRIFIED me. I took this for strep throat and within the second day I was feeling better. I have 1 more day left and will be done with it. I’ve had no bad issues. The first day with the 2 pills made my stomach hurt a little and I got mild diarrhea but after that I had no more issues. Make sure to eat a full meal when taking it. And stop overthinking! Anxiety causes stomach pain and bathroom issues as well. If you’re freaking out due to the reviews I would not be shocked if you end up in the bathroom. Please don’t let the reviews deter you. Everyone’s body is different.”

Angela · Taken for less than 1 month May 30, 2020

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin) for Chlamydia Infection: “I had pharangitis and chlamydia which was a double whammy. This is my second time taking these meds. The first time not really any side effects but this time when I was on my last pill to take I have terribly bad vomiting and diarrhea. Couldn't even keep water down. The next morning I puked after drinking water went to sleep woke up and felt better. Drank water again and am getting that pit feeling again. It did cure everything though. This is to be continued...”

Stephen · Taken for less than 1 month May 27, 2020

Z-Pak (azithromycin) for Bacterial Infection: “Worst antibiotic out there it put me in hospital and almost messed my heart up permanently luckily I caught it in time, and oh yeah and also makes you feel TERRIBLE don’t take it”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 27, 2020

For Chlamydia Infection: “Absolute worst experience of my life. Puked for an hour then had the worst chest pain and diarrhea. Make sure you eat before taking this drug.”

Jessi · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 22, 2020

For Lyme Disease, Erythema Chronicum Migrans: “Always helpful treatment when I experience CHRONIC Lyme & Mycoplasma pneumonia -- 250 mg best since I also have Crohn's disease, always have an abdominal reaction, often diarrhea as I dose for a day or two, and after 3 to 5 days, less intestinal discomfort. And, another side effect, neuropathic tingling while dosing & resolves, as the bacterial load reduces. Very helpful drug treatment if pulmonary compromise from M. Pneumonia, sometimes additional rounds of treatment, for 10-21 days.”

Huldah · Taken for less than 1 month May 15, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “I took the first these azithromycin and gave me an irregular heartbeat and palpitations. I suffer from panic attacks anxiety and depression and I don’t know, if this is the cause. I have taking before and it has given me anxiety, but never an irregular heartbeat.”

C&G · Taken for less than 1 month May 12, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “This is by far the worst antibiotic I've ever tried. I got the 3 pack today. I took one 500mg pill for my Bronchitis. Within 90 mins I started having severe dizziness, nausea and vomiting, stomach pains, headaches and nervousness.”

Ceaser May 11, 2020

For Pneumonia: “Had GERD which precipitated walking pneumonia On my day one, the breathlessness has reduced Still four days to go”

Strepguy89 · Taken for less than 1 month May 6, 2020

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: “Assumed to have strep throat. Symptoms are strong onset sore throat, with purulent exudate on 1 tonsil accompanied by a 104 fever. No cough, no other respiratory issues. Not able to be swabbed due to Covid 19. Prescribed zpak. 500mg day one 250 mg next 4 days. I have taken first and second dose. 0 relief to date, fever is hovering between 101 with Advil 103 without for 3 days now. Last time I had strep after the first day of amoxicillin I had recovered 80%. I would never recommend anyone take this drug for strep. Another United Health Scare System failure.”

Hockeyplayer28 · Taken for less than 1 month May 2, 2020

For Pneumonia: “Diagnosed with pneumonia, had no real cough, just very tired and a little short of breath sometimes. I took the first dose, terrified after reading all the stuff in here, but manned up and took it. I started to cough stuff up out of my lungs within a couple of hours. It did cause a rapid heart rate, that kind of freaked me out, but still coughing up and clearing those lungs out. I am hoping to be 100% soon.”

hardtime0022 · Taken for less than 1 month April 27, 2020

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: “This is my second round of 5 azithromycin tabs, not working for tonsillitis. I have had the diarrhoea, burning throat and sore stomach. This all worries me because of the Covid 19. No major fever yet! I wouldn't recommend this med, to hit or mis!”

N_A · Taken for less than 1 month April 11, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “I was told to take a dose of two 500mg Azithromycin pills, 1g for a bacterial infection. Took the double dose at about 2pm with food. I got diarrhea about 3 hours later. It was not too bad. The next morning, I felt I would slept longer than normal. By mid day, I had an increasingly bad headache (I am attributing it to this med since I've never had a headache like this before or taken the antibiotic) and reduce appetite. The headache was above the ear mainly on the left side. Took 500mg tylenol and decided to tough it out. On the 3rd day, the med seems to be working as it reduced swelling and pain. By midnight on the 3rd day, the headache is mostly gone. No diarrhea and it actually helped me breathe better as it reduced phlegm.”

Nickname · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 10, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “Had to take this medication twice now. Every time, no matter how much I eat with it, I get absolutely some of the worst stomach pains of my life. Everyone is different, and it seems my stomach is particularly sensitive in general. If you have a sensitive stomach, avoid this medication if possible. I’m experiencing the stomach pain and diarrhea right now from only 500 mg and I am in absolute agony. This is a super consistent side effect for the many doses I have had to unfortunately take. Cured the infection quickly though.”

Covid 19 maybe · Taken for less than 1 month April 7, 2020

Z-Pak (azithromycin) for Pneumonia: “Went to the hospital because of fever over a week and pain above my navel. They x rayed my chest and told me I have double pneumonia and most likely COVID-19. I have finished the entire z pack (azithromycin) now and feel worse everyday. Doctors ignore my complaints. Diarrhea, fever, dizziness, chills, and the worst pain in my chest I have ever had even when not breathing deeply. However they still won’t test me for the virus. I don’t have any more meds and my doctor said not to come in for a follow up because I could get others sick. I am in mandatory quarantine with my family. I hope I don't die.”

Jay · Taken for less than 1 month April 5, 2020

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin) for Bronchitis: “Dr said "I know that you said azithromycin doesn't work for you, but let's give it another try," She said, obviously disbelieving me. I have yet again finished a z pack. I (yet again) still have Bronchitis. Wasted time. At least I get no side effects from this. On to the next rx”

Nguyen · Taken for less than 1 month April 3, 2020

For Bronchitis: “I have taken this azithromycin for my cough and sore throat for 4 days now but I still cough so much , I feel like my chest swell up and hurt every time I cough. I stop taking my last pill and go back to see doctor today . side effects 1 night sweat follow diarrhea”

Jsmiles · Taken for less than 1 month March 28, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “Absolutely never again! I took the 3 day z pack (azithromycin) for an upper respiratory infection and on the 3rd day it tore up my intestines, its been 2 weeks and I have gas, bloating, diarrhea, nausea and didn't do anything for my infection! I have crohn's disease as well and I was in remission but now thanks to this medication I'm going to have to start on my steroid medication again to get my stomach issues under control. I feel like I've been poisoned, period! I can't give this medication a rating of 0 or I would.”

Mrdbangor · Taken for less than 1 month March 24, 2020

For Pneumonia: “On azithromycin and after 4 days Pneumonia symptoms did not improve but actually worsened”

Rome2346 · Taken for less than 1 month March 23, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “azithromycin is a great medicine”