User Reviews for Azithromycin

Also known as: Azithromycin Dose Pack, Z-Pak, Zithromax, Zmax

Learn more about Azithromycin.

Mycoplasma Pneumonia 2 reviews 36 medications

Bacterial Endocarditis Prevention 2 reviews 55 medications

STD Prophylaxis 1 reviews 25 medications

Summary of Azithromycin reviews 599 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Azithromycin

For Chlamydia Infection: "Never ever take antibiotic's on empty stomach (unless if says so) . I took the medication on a full stomach had a little stomach cramps and that's just about it"

Jay jayo January 17, 2017

For Chlamydia Infection: "After having unprotected sex with two different men in one night (I do NOT recommend), I figured something bad would happen. After finally going to the doctor bc my vag felt inflamed and swollen, I was diagnosed with chlamydia and given azithromycin. After taking it on an empty stomach (again, would not recommend) about an hour late my stomach was hurting so bad. I also got hot flashes and my pulse elevated, but I was graced with no diarrhea unlike others on here. I decided I was not gonna deal with it anymore and forced myself to sleep and woke up feeling so much better in the morning. Hopefully this did the trick and I'm cleared of the infection. NEVER having sex again."

Firsttimestd (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2017

For Chlamydia Infection: "I just found out I have chlamydia. The doctor prescribed me four 500MG azithromycin pills. I've only taken two and I threw up within an hour and stayed on the toilet for about 30 mins. Now I'm scared to take the other two."

texasgirlforever January 14, 2017

For Sinusitis: "I honestly feel 85% better after 2 doses for upper respiratory infection. Great med! Fyi my first antibiotic in years"

Matt from Delco January 13, 2017

For Pneumonia: "Unfortunately, although Azithromycin is a very good antibiotic, it is prescribed mostly for viral infections in the acute care setting based on people's symptoms and not on x-rays of the chest. If you have bronchitis which is mostly viral, Azithromycin is not going to do you any good. The color of the phlegm does not correlate with bacterial infections and therefore should not be used as a criteria for prescribing antibiotics. Fever does not mean much initially but after a URI or brochitis for 7-10 days fever is more significant and a bacterial source should be assessed. Sinusitis is not a shoot from the hip diagnosis. There are four pairs of para nasal sinuses and the doctor or PA cannot look inside your head. Do an x-ray or CT. Beware."

Urgent care doctor January 10, 2017

For Chlamydia Infection: "I was placed on this due to chlamydia infection. I tested negative the following week but started to get odd symptoms within the preceding two weeks. I tested again the following month and returned positive for the same infection, with no sexual activity between tests. I was placed on doxycycline for the reinfection."

Caused Autoinoculation (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2017

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: ""I'm on my fourth day of this medicine for strep throat and my throat is in unbearable pain still. It really has not done anything for me. Horrible and would not recommend using."Not good medicine"

Khanmark January 8, 2017

For Chlamydia Infection: "This is the first time I've encountered an STD, and I've been married and sleepig with the same man for two years now, so we assume I got it before I met him (as I slept around a bit then), but wow they weren't kidding! This sucks. I'm already 12 wks and 6 days pregnant...and before I started taking the medicine today, I was already puking my guts out. I puked again about 2 hours after taking the one time dosage, and thst was the worst! Then I had to shower because I felt so gross! Now I'm sitting on the toilet with the worst diarrhea (cramps I'm used to, I got those badly with my menstrual cycle so no biggie) but man this is no joke: I even ate a couple hours before I took them too. Here's to hoping these tablets works and is worth it."

Fel (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2017

For Bronchitis: "worst flu I have ever had that turned into Bronchitis. Doctor prescribed this - two tabs first day and then 1 a day for four days. On my third day and incredible difference - no more scary cough. I had no side effects, but it sounds like some people do."

strob January 7, 2017

For Bronchitis: "I was prescribed this 6-pack medicine to treat the flu and acute bronchitis. I felt much better a day after the first dose of 2 tablets. I experienced no side effects. It did the job beautifully!"

Jamie K (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2017

For Chlamydia Infection: "Good thing I read the reviews after I took it bc I would've been scared lol. But definitely on the toilet right now and my stomach was in a lot of pain, thought it was barfing pain but it wasn't . Your stomach will hurt after dosage ."

AnonUSAAAAA January 4, 2017

For Sinusitis: "I get a very bad sinus infection every year. This year as soon I as I felt in coming on (day 4) thats early for me, I went to an urgent care. Doctor confirmed it was a sinus infection and have me the Z Pack. First day is 2 pills with 1 pill for next 4 days. After 12 hours of taking first 2 pills I felt so much better. I will continue to take the remaining pills and from now on I will get to a doctor early on and request Z Pack. I highly recommend it."

Kimmie2Ers January 1, 2017

For Chlamydia Infection: "I took it ate a burger and drank water. After like 2 hours visited the bathroom and did a really big one... Felt great. Light headache took some paracetamol and had no problems at all."

Curdman (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2016

For Sinusitis: "Horrible medication!!!! After taking a third pill I started to have an excrutiating pain in my ear and within several hours I lost partially my hearing in both ears. I have looked up the side effects in the enclosed flyer and also online and there is a FDA warning that this antibiotics is linked to a hearing loss! I almost had a heart attack reading it. I have informed my Dr. but they say they never heard of anything like that (of course). I didn't finished taking the prescribed dose. My hearing has improved a little bit but it has been more that 2 weeks and I still can't hear well. My ears are ringing and clicking and I am so scared that this might be permanent. Has this happened to anybody else?"

MartinaSG December 29, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Omg so I took the pills. But I did eat some panera bread before I took them. Currently writing this while I'm on the toilet! My butt burns bad! I didn't throw up but I felt like it. But I did run to the toilet. Thought I was done. I showered and laid down. And them BOOM! Back on the toilet. "

Tabby281988 (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2016

Zithromax (azithromycin) for Sinusitis: "I'm 35 and have had sinus infections as long as I can remember. Prior to my allergy shots I was getting them 3-4x a year. Z-PAC is my favorite and it cures it quickly. Once in a blue Moon I'll need another round though. But lately my doctors have said the bacteria has been resistant to it and I've used another medication and though it works it takes so much longer. I'm happy to say that I'm Told The bacteria this year isn't supposed to be as resistant to it. For all the ladies, you may want to ask for yeast infection meds before you leave the doctors office. For me It never fails."

Hezbutt December 28, 2016

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "Used a three day pack .pretty useful.i have my tonsilities treated"

Anonymous December 25, 2016

For Bronchitis: "I took it for acute bronchitis, it worked in getting me heathy.. but after I would take the medicine I would get horrific migraines. They would start about an hr or so after taking it and would have me suck in bed. We'll look to other antibiotics in the future."

Redqueen93 (taken for less than 1 month) December 23, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Holy Moly I'm sitting on the toilet with violent diarrhea !! I had the worst stomach pains ! The pain is very close to the same pain as appendicitis. I took the two 500mg tablets, approximately 1-2 hours later is when the pain started. I hope this pain and diarrhea is a sign of the tablets working. Can't wait until I am chlamydia free :)"

First timer 006 December 23, 2016

For Sinusitis: "Relief in 12 hours from my painful sinus infection... will of course continue the regimen, I did also use a Neti pot and advil. I am amazed at the results. I had my first decent night's sleep in a week."

Shortloinsirloin December 21, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "So I have had a chlamydia infection for what feels like forever. After the 10 day doxycycline treatment didn't help I was prescribed more doxycycline and also a total of 1500mg of Azithromycin. The first 1000mg I took after reading all the reviews and thus made sure to eat and drink a lot before taking it. I took it approx. an hour before sleeping and had no trouble at all except for some mild stomach pain when I woke up. I wholeheartedly recommend taking this medicine after dinner before going to bed."

betterthanexpectedkek December 21, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "I had to confirm pregnancy at the doctors, and decided to get an STD test. I'm not only pregnant, but also have chlamydia. I took 2 500mg about an hour before work. I'm a server at a fine dining restaurant, started to not feel too hot when I got there. About an hour into the shift I'm already nauseous and I get a table. By the time I've got their order in I'm in a cold sweat and experiencing a lot of stomach pain. In the 5 worst stomach pains I've ever had, and I was diagnosed with celiac when I was 20. I've had this before. So I go to the bathroom and lo and behold it was the worst kind of diarrhea. Which continued after I was sent home. I learned my lesson about not researching things before I take them."

0ops December 18, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "4 Azithro pills, diarrhea about 2-3 hours after. 2 or 3 bouts. I encourage safe sex, few partners if it's possible! Many people get thrown off by antibiotics"

SupHomie December 16, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Very effective for sure! Only symptom of the infection was vaginal discharge with weird smell . Took 2 500 mg tablets with a bag of chips and full glass of water. Felt fine until about 3 hours later. Now I feel terrible! Nauseous and stomach pain. A little gas also. But despite the side effects, it beats having an STD."

Anonymously Anonymous December 14, 2016

For Sinusitis: "I have chronic sinusitis, so I usually treat it with nasal/sinus rinses (saline) and good basic hygiene. But occasionally it gets bad and stays bad for 7 or more days, in which case a run of antibiotics always helps. I use the one-pill-a-day-for-three-days Azithromycin, as it always works and is most convenient. No side effects, and I usually start feeling better after the second day. I try to avoid doing this too often, as I'm aware of bacterial resistance issues. I've learned over the years to know the difference between allergies, colds and bacterial infection, so I don't overuse or abuse the antibiotic. I've never had the diarrhea or stomach cramping described by some."

No Nickname December 14, 2016