User Reviews for Azithromycin

Also known as: Azithromycin Dose Pack, Z-Pak, Zithromax, Zmax

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Azithromycin.

Mycoplasma Pneumonia

STD Prophylaxis

1 review 25 medications
Summary of Azithromycin reviews 7.1 777 reviews

Reviews for Azithromycin

For Gonococcal Infection, Uncomplicated: "Okay. I found this website after taking pills. I have a massive anxiety when it comes to medicine as I had severe allergy reactions. So, I was prescribed 8 x 250mg to treat Gonorrhea. I took each pill every 15mins, and last 3 pills I took together. After like 20mins I was throwing up with a massive pain. I can’t remember last time I felt so sick. Now I’m writing this while sitting on the toilet with a worst diarrhoea in my whole life. Been 15mins already. And it’s second time. So took it around 4pm, now its 9pm and feel like I'm dying. I feel weak, dizzy.. but I guess lesson learned in a hard way.:) Hopefully I’m not gonna need to tale them again. Experience was worst I’ve ever had."

Beepingo December 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chlamydia Infection: "Reading the comments and articles on the internet scared me from taking this medication for far too long. I finally caved and took the medication last night and it was nothing like I expected. My advice is you HAVE to eat a full meal, drink LOTS of water and take a lot of probiotic pills before, during and after you take this. I mean take 2 probiotics 30mins-1hr prior, take the medication, take two more pills then wait a hour or so and take more. That’s what I did and I had no problem besides random waves of nausea and weird stomach gurgling for the first two hours, which should expected. Now I am awaiting anymore side effects and to see if the infection is really gone as my infection has been asymptomatic."

AnxietyFilledgirl (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "Amazing for chest infection. I had been tight and congested with fatigue and aches. Within a day of first dose the phlegm started to break up allowing me to cough the mucus out of my lungs. I feel so much better! It doesn’t always work due to virus/bacteria thing but I can usually tell the difference by how I feel and this time I was right. Zpack was needed and fixed me. No terrible side effects for me."

Ecd10 December 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chlamydia Infection: "So I just went and got treated for this chlamydia infection today and I took these two big pink pills. 20 minutes after I started to feel nauseated and bad upper belt aches. Well as in typing this I'm laying in my moms bed curled up sipping pickle juice because I didn't eat. Its going away some what but just know if you don't want to go through this BE CAREFUL."

StoryBook26 December 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zithromax (azithromycin) for Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "This is the only antibiotic that ever works for me. Whenever I have a cold and the Dr claims it is viral, it always goes to my tonsils. This time I waited 7 days suffering fever and a throat so sore I could not swallow, and eventually went to the pharmacist and asked for Zithromax z pak. Within 1 day I was 80 percent healed. No side effects. It works for me everyntime. By day 2, all sinus congestion had gone and I got my first real sleep in two weeks."

Matthm December 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chlamydia Infection: "Sadly found out I have/had (hopefully) clamydia after getting my first pap, I got 4 pills of azithromycin I have no idea what the mg, I took it last night after dinner, and I am so glad I didn’t read reviews because I have terrible anxiety and if I had I wouldn’t have taken it. I felt a little out of it after taking it, kind of felt drunk, I don’t know if it made me tired or if I was just exhausted but I went to bed and fell right to sleep. My only complaint is today I almost pooped my pants because I hadn’t read the side effects I had no idea it cause diarrhea and thought I had to fart... you know how it goes. Hopefully this worked and I’ve gotten rid of it though."

ANO-nomis (taken for less than 1 month) November 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chlamydia Infection: "Look guys if you’re reading this you’re probably freaking out like I was. Yes this medicine is strong. At about the 2 hour mark I did start having a stomach ache. I simply relaxed at my house, played some video games to keep my mind occupied, took some pepto, and prayed for the best and nothing happened. It gave me a little Diarrhea but my stomach was messed up when I took the medicine already. Don’t think of how bad it’s gonna be. Just relax and within a few hours I was good the stomach ache was gone. Oh I ate chicken noodle soup and 2 pieces of toast 30 mins before I took the medicine."

I like Video games (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis: "GREAT antibiotic! Love that I take two on the 1st day, and only 4 others, instead of taking the other “horse pills 3-4X a day for 10 days Worked within one day, and very effective with no side effects that I felt"

DaddyDoman (taken for less than 1 month) November 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "I was diagnosed with strep in the ER and they sent me home with azithromycin. I took the first dose before bed and was fine until I woke up with extremely itchy feet. Just thought I had walked in something. Took it again the next day and my feet got worse overnight. Couldn't sleep from the itching. Severe swelling and a rash. It moved to my hands too. Went to the Dr immediately and they said to stop taking the meds. Allergic reaction apparently? It seemed to help my strep though!"

ElizabethLS November 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "Hi my name is Annabelle. I went to the ER on October 19th because of my throat been hurting for about two weeks before I went, the doctor said that he thought I had strep throat that test came back negative but there was a few white spots on the back of my tongue so they gave me two shots you know where and said that it will clear it up well I still haven't felt better so a month later I went to Urgent Care and he told me that he didn't think it was strep throat that it's pharyngitis so he put me on a z-pack the 5 days for 500mg and I'm on the 4th day now and my throat feels worse and it has white spots on the back and on my tonsils and I feel worse is this normal?"

annabelle_shy83 November 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "The first day taking the medication I experienced extreme stomach pain and loose stools. I ate dinner about an hour before and still experienced the side effects. The second day taking the medication I am still experiencing the extreme stomach pain accompanied with loose stools and back pain. I took this pill on a full stomach. On the bright side my tonsils are less inflamed."

Diane W November 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chlamydia Infection: "After taking two 500mg tablets to treat my STI, about 20 minutes after taking I became very very nauseated. Couldn’t sleep, couldn’t lie down. After having quite the bowel movement, I remained nauseous for another 30 mins. Skip ahead another few bouts of diarrhea and the nausea has subsided about two hours after initially taking. Although it does it’s job, it will - even on a full stomach as suggested - make you feel like you wanna hurl. But, if I wasn’t willing to go through this, I shouldn’t have had irresponsible sex. To each their own."

sissypj45 (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chlamydia Infection: "Starting this medication made me nervous but without any side effects, the two-pill dose has zero complaints from me! No stomach cramping, no diarrhea, no nausea, nothing! My advice to anyone taking it is to take your recommended dose immediately after eating a large meal since food reduces side effects in medications. Other than that, you’re on your way to becoming C free!! Good luck!"

C Free!!! (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis: "Took this drug (5 day dose) for a sinus infection. It did clear up the infection but the side effects were horrible. I got dizzy, had a horrible headache, felt nauseous and at one point even vomited. Each day was agonizing, and I think I could have taken something else easier on the body for a minor sinus infection. I finished my last dose two days ago but I'm still feeling the dizziness. I hope it goes away soon."

Amy H.C (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chlamydia Infection: "So I recently found out I’ve been exposed to Chlamydia after me and my boyfriend got back together. I wasn’t aware of the side effects since it’s the first time I’ve gotten tested but the dr. Gave me 4 pills to take all at once. I ate a meal beforehand. I didn’t have any cramps but I almost instantly felt “off”- kinda dizzy like when your drunk and you stand up to start walking. I had to go to work though and ended up having diarrhea 2 hours later (no stomach cramping or nausea). When I got home, I was so tired that I crashed on the couch for four hours and then woke up and basically peed out my butt. I felt better after though, and I’d prefer this for a day to having Chlamydia forever"

Anonymoosessss November 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chlamydia Infection: "Worked well at first, but took about 5 days before the infection started to subside... 3 weeks later after the 1 week 1 time treatment, the infection was back... didn't work for me and am now on another doxycycline... hopefully this works as this will be the 3rd time trying to get rid of this horrible bug."

Dickshead November 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chlamydia Infection: "Well I went in the doctors office was tested for any STDs came up positive for chlamydia I was prescribed a one time dose which consisted of 2000 mg of azithromicin I honestly was very scared of taking them reading all these reviews - besides the fact I have really bad anxiety. I honestly thought about not taking them after reading all the reviews but my doctor said It was already affecting my uterus so that could affect my fertility so I decided I had to take them. I'm not going to lie the stomach pain was pretty bad and the nausea, but after getting diarrhea and letting everything out it made me feel much better... don't be afraid just take the medication it would all be worth, and never have sex without protection!!"

Leila9994 (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chlamydia Infection: "Found out I have chlamydia through doing a blood test. I wasn't sure what to think although I was having a lot discharge and a bit of cramps. Anyways the doc gave me 1 single pill. I had taken it on a empty stomach then I got something to eat after. I started feeling a bit sick and wanting to throw up, I though it was because I hadn't eaten when I took it so figured it was the azi pill. When I got home few mins later my belly started hurting so I was off to the toilet. I really hope it works and clears this up."

scared persona November 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis: "Took first two pills for sinus and ear infection that I’ve had for months. Tried holistic stuff, but Only temp relief. I used to use this all the time and never once had reactions. Most generics usually turn to rubbish, this did too. Had instantaneous stomach bloating and indigestion (took with GF cereal) skin red and itchy, and worst of all I’ve suddenly got flu like symptoms. Feel like trash. 99.4 temp but feel like I’m on fire. Just a little advice here at the end for sufferers of chronic sinus infections and the like. Just found out why I’m sick all the time. IGG SUBCLASS DEFICIENCIES. I’m prone to get sinus infections and others. Have Rhumatologist or immunologist check your immune system. Finally found out why I’m so sickly."

Sick Nick (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bronchitis: "OMG I think I'm dying. Have been having bronchial spasms for weeks and stomach had swollen to twice it's size so I went to Dr and was put on zpac , steroids, neubilizer, singulair and gas x. Four days later I feel 10 times worse. Not sleeping at all due to it causing my chest tighten and bronchial spasms to worsen. Stomach is so naseauated I can't stand it, severe night sweats and dizziness. Oh yeah and add to that a yeast infection..smh I am pretty much set against another round of doctor visits so fresh garlic for me from now on."

celly37 (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zithromax (azithromycin) for Bronchitis: "I have asthma and recently came down with bronchitis yesterday and ended up at urgent care. I had noticed it a few days ago when my chest was tight and my inhaler wasn’t helping, and this morning after I woke up feeling terrible with a wet cough and lower back pain from the cough. I went to urgent care and they prescribed me a z pack which I am currently on. The second day of taking it I had a 101.4 fever, and it has been reduced by taking ibuprofen as well. I am coughing up lots of phlegm which is helping me breathe better, and I’m coughing less. Overall, so far doing good. I will update if anything comes back"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chlamydia Infection: "Doctors told me I had a yeast Infection that medicine didn’t work than come to find out I have chlamydia my doctors gave me 2 pills ( azithromycin ) I took them & 2 hours later I was getting ready for bed after eating a salad feeling great than here comes these weird pains in my stomach I couldn’t sleep so I start watching tv than boom! I’m running to the bathroom full speed because it felt like I was going to use it on myself now as I type this I am stuck on the toilet with bad diarrhea "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zithromax (azithromycin) for Chlamydia Infection: "Took this last week under the directions of my pharmacist. I ate a full dinner (burger and some veg) and waited 45 minutes to an hour before taking my 4 large pink pills. My pharmacist and my doctor both recommended staying away from dairy in the meal before I took the pills. Went to bed feeling a little nauseous but, that could have been nerves because of all the reviews on here. I slept through the night, totally fine. No diarrhea, no vomiting. Got my lab results back this morning and I'm in the clear."

STI Freeeee (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis: "I usually get 2-3 sinus infections a year, usually starts with a cold then comes the sinus infection. Azithromycin is a miracle drug for me. I was seen by Dr today and the pain was so intense it caused my blood pressure to be high, she prescribed me zpack and within hours after taking the initial dose the pain is 50% less. I do not have any side effects from the medicine and it is the only prescription drug that works this well on my sinus infection"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "I was prescribed a 3 day, 500mg dosage. It got 5x worse within the first two days which had me scared for day 3. My throat was so swollen that I haven't eaten since Friday. Today is Monday. I have made absolutely no progress. I am 20 years old, 6'4, 220lbs and very fit. I usually eat 5,000 calories a day in order to stay full because I am very active. Nothing has been worse than the pain from this strep throat, and this medicine hasn't helped at all."

Jake000 October 16, 2017