User Reviews for Azithromycin

Also known as: Azithromycin 3 Day Dose Pack, Azithromycin 5 Day Dose Pack, Zithromax, Zithromax TRI-PAK, Zithromax Z-Pak, Zmax, Zithromax IV

Mycoplasma Pneumonia

1 review 25 medications
BabesiosisNot rated - Be the first1 review 9 medications
Summary of Azithromycin reviews 7.1 984 reviews

Reviews for Azithromycin

Zithromax (azithromycin) for Chlamydia Infection: "The nurse gave me two Zithromax pills to take for chlamydia. An hour later my stomach was killing me and I had diarrhea! I can’t even finish my meals half way through my meals I feel nauseous. I am also very bloated and I get headaches , dizziness, discharge, & itchiness ! Use a condom! You don’t wanna go through this .."

StayAVirgin (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2019

For Chlamydia Infection: "I went back to the doctor after throwing up the first Rx and she prescribed me the same dosage but an anti-nausea pill and diflucan. I took the anti nausea pill about an hour before I took the Azithromycin and I also ate a full meal 30 mins before as well. This time around wasn't so bad, I did get nauseous a little bit but it didn't last long, but I did have diarrhea for about 3 days."

willupdate 2 (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2019

For Cervicitis: "I know the vagina naturally cleans itself but I figured using this new organic soap would make me feel better. After a couple uses, I felt burning and irritation. There was no discharge or odor. I went to the doc and she saw a bacterial imbalance and my cervix was inflamed and prescribed this medicine as 1, 2 pill dose of 500mg. After reading reviews, I was scared to take it due to the side effects. When the burning was unbearable I finally took them. 3 pieces of toast for breakfast with butter, and a probiotic yogurt before taking them. An hour after, I had slight cramping and diarrhea twice but nothing unbearable. I also felt nauseous and chewed on some ice cubes. If you get car sick, once the car stops, it’s minimal. That’s how to best describe it. After 2 hours, the side effects were gone as quickly as they came. I would recommend this medicine. I should see results soon and hopefully the burning subsides."

Soapy V March 31, 2019

For Chlamydia Infection: "This was probably the worst antibiotic experience I’ve had in my life. They gave me the single day dosage along with a shot on my arm. May I remind you, without informing me of the side effects. I left and ate McDonalds right after, I was nauseous like never before and have had diarrhea for a couple days now. I can feel the medicine working, but the nausea makes it almost not worth it. Also whatever you do, do not take any antacids with this, no tums or pepto bismal because you will throw it up. Learn from my mistake kids, "Don’t be silly, wrap your Willy""

Anonymous March 27, 2019

For Chlamydia Infection: "Just took this azithromycin today, two of the 500mg pills in one dose. I took the with my dinner which was not extremely heavy but not too light. 15 minutes later I’m vomiting. I thought it was my food, but I also had the same for lunch then I saw these reviews so I do know it was the medicine. I didn’t notice the pills in the vomit so hopefully they’re still there and will stick and stay lol. I will update this review after my next STD test in two weeks."

Willupdate (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2019

Zithromax (azithromycin) for Bacterial Infection: "Worst med ever...LITERALLY coming out both ends at the same time! Sitting in hot bath only thing that helps the SEVERE STOMACH PAIN! OMG I prefer cramps at least those get knocked out with pills...this medicine is awful"

Bree March 24, 2019

For Chlamydia Infection: "I took 2 pills of 500mg last Sunday, it’s now one week and three days later and I still feel symptoms mostly itching that’s driving me crazy I hope this medicine works soon. Overall side affect were not too bad just a loose stool and a little bit of stomach cramps."

2019march (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2019

For Chlamydia Infection: "Annual pap smear and STD test, found out I had chlamydia, got 1 pill of 1000mg azithromycin both my partner and I took them - it worked . No vomiting or nausea maybe just upset stomach. No diarrhea. Got re-tested 6 weeks later although my doctor said it was not necessary but I did it to ease my mind and it was negative."

Chay (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2019

For Chlamydia Infection: "If you were embarrassed about getting chlamydia, consider that this is my second time getting it. That aside, the first time I took azithromycin, I was so scared about the high dosage and nausea that I could barely eat before taking it. I had just some plain bread and water and slept. I had one loose BM in the morning and that was it. This second time I felt confident enough to eat a full meal beforehand and woke up feeling bloated and nauseous and terrible. It passed in about an hour and then I was fine. Again one loose BM in the morning and nothing since then. Only complaint is how long azithromycin took to clear my chlamydia symptoms, it took over a week last time and I’m so itchy already that I’m going a little crazy. It’s day 3 since my dose and I can’t wait for it to kick in completely."

Just great (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2019

For Bronchitis: "I was diagnosed with bronchitis yesterday after suffering a horrible painful cough and congestion for 2 days, the Doctors did X-ray's and said there's slight pneumonia but mainly bronchitis so have prescribed azithromycin. I have been in pain, my body aches, my chest feels so bruised from all of the coughing. For my azithromycin it is day one they said to take 2 pills, well so far I feel no better but have 4 days left to go. I hope I can pull through this as I start a new job Monday. I'm just so weak and in pain. Hopefully I will be better soon."

Manda (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2019

For Chlamydia Infection: "I’ve been tested for chlamydia (it was positive) last week after I’ve got a new partner and I’ve took 4 azithromycin tablets for 1 day and when I tell you these side effects are hell !!!! I just want it to end already ... it feels like I’m getting stabbed in the stomach and vagina oh and I’m also on my cycle so it’s 10x worse . My legs and feet hurt , I feel like I have to throw up but not really and then the diarrhea!!! I’ve been on the toilet for a hour now and I’m in so much pain! NEVER HAVING SEX AGAIN !!!"

Lo (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2019

For Bronchitis: "Zithromax was an excellent antibiotic. The generic, azythromycin, is useless. It has been given to me and my kids. The respiratory condition did not improve in all three cases. I ask my doctor for Augmentin or its generic. This one seems to still work well."

Henry (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2019

For Bronchitis: "Started with cold/flu, no feve,r lots of cough. Could not sleep. I let it go too long before seeing Dr Feeling terrible. Xrays reveal acute bronchitis. Got a Zpac 250 mg. Two first day and rest for five days. On my fourth day and thankful for the inventor(s) of this medicine. I feel great again and have energy back. Returning to work tomorrow. No real inconvenient side effects. It started to work on day one. My only complaint is that I did not go see a DR earlier. Next time I will listen to the wife who was insisting I go DR. Waited too long. Waited a couple of weeks. This medicine really worked for me..cough almost gone!! Sleeping comfortably again!"

VQ (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2019

For Chlamydia Infection: "This was the worst feeling I’ve ever had on any medication. Felt like I was being stabbed in the stomach and had diarrhea for almost 30 minutes non stop! I do not recommend this to anyone!! Keep your sanity intact!"

Ugh (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2019

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin) for Chlamydia Infection: "I had the one time 1g dose pack of Azithromycin for Chlamydia, it says to take on a empty stomach but soon as I drunk the mixture, the food was ready so I literally ate a full course meal with it. Then in about 45 minutes later my stomach started to hurt , I used the bathroom twice with diarrhea."

Lily February 22, 2019

For Chlamydia Infection: "I took this when I didn't have to! So bummed. I slept around with a couple of girls in a short time period and displayed some UTI symptoms. I freaked myself out and assured myself I had Chlamydia. Went to planned parenthood for testing where they will give you azithromycin pre-emptively AND it takes 2 weeks to get results back from them. So I took the single dose that day. Sure enough, two weeks later I find out I never had Chlamydia, just a regular UTI. However I spent a week with the worst diarrhea of my life, my ribs have been itchy since taking that, and I developed a yeast infection on my balls. The antibiotic threw my entire body's gut flora and balance completely off. This medication is extremely powerful, curb your anxiety! Chlamydia is nowhere near as scary as our minds make it, but the side effects from this antibiotic are no joke!"

NeverLearn (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2019

For Chlamydia Infection: "Ate leftover pizza then took two 500 mg tabs. Wicked stomach bubbles. I had the b.g.’s (bubble guts). Went to the bathroom 4 times in 2 hours. Now I’m laying down about to nap. Hope my follow up tests negative"

Arianna (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2019

For Chlamydia Infection: "I got tested for chlamydia last year during a normal swab. I just thought I had a yeast infection but I ALSO had CHLAMYDIA. I WAS shook. I've been with my boyfriend for 3 years and I knew he never cheated. Doctors kept saying he prob did. My boyfriend got tested and was NEGATIVE. Turns out I got this from my ex boyfriend 3 YEARS AGO cause we never used condoms and since my boyfriend and I used condoms for 3 years he was good. Just to be safe they gave him this same pill anyways. We both took it. Don't be scared. I'm a total hypochondriac and was crying thinking about taking this pill after reading these reviews since I have IBS and a sensitive stomach. Took it with food waited an hour after eating to take it and was fine. Eat lots of activia yogurt, crackers,and Take FLORASTOR probiotic 4 times a day while taking this and you won't get pain or diarrhea. Its a probiotic made especially for antiboitic associated diarrhea."

besafenotsorry February 20, 2019

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin) for Sinusitis: "I've taken this for every URI I've ever had and feel better after first dose. No side effects. I love it. My new doctor won't prescribe it for me for some reason. Well, she's either a PA or a NP. That may have something to do with it. I know what works and is easy to take and doesn't RIP my guts out and keeps working long after the last dose is taken. I highly recommend this"

Oceangirl (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2019

For Bacterial Infection: "I give azithromycin a 5 just because while I was taking it, it did seem like my coughs were becoming less frequent and persistent, and MAYBE had I continued, it would have stopped eventually. However, this came at a huge expense because on day 2, I began getting terrible headaches (supposedly a rare side effect) which continued until day 5 when I stopped taking them. I would be restless at night and any time I would toss or turn I would feel an aching pain in my head. It got to the point where I had to take sleep medicine to help me sleep at nights because I couldn't without it. Still have the cough and looking for a new solution."

M (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2019

For Chlamydia Infection: "In the past the 4 pills all in one dosage makes me throw up with a upset stomach. So this time I ate and then I took 2 pills and waited a hour took the other 2"

Sarah (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2019

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin) for Bacterial Infection: "I took it for strep throat and didn’t have any side effects. My throat got worse on the second day but then got better. (Even when it looked worse , it didn’t hurt as bad as it did before ) My doctor sold it for $1.50. He doesn’t take insurance and gives his patient the cost he pays. (Yes those types of practices exist and are sometimes cheaper than what you pay with insurance and they actually care about their patients. )"

Boliviana (taken for less than 1 month) January 29, 2019

For Chlamydia Infection: "I took this medication a day ago and like 5 min after taking it I had a headache. Then like 30 min later I had harsh stomach pain and need to diarrhea right away. I rushed home and it was like a huge relief after that. Now today a day after I took the pill. I woke up feeling so sick like I needed to throw up. I tried to throw up and couldn’t but I had diarrhea again. But it definitely is worth the pain, just to be chlamydia free."

D (taken for less than 1 month) January 29, 2019

For Chlamydia Infection: "*this is a positive review* I took the 1g powder version as directed at 10:30 am after eating a simple breakfast of oatmeal. I experienced: 1. Slightly weird taste in mouth right after taking (went away after about 15 mins) 2. Gurgling stomach, on and off, with one slightly watery stool- I wouldn’t have thought twice about it if I wasn’t watching for it. 3. Slightly acidic stomach which felt like it does when I’m hungry. For this I ate small simple foods throughout the day. 4. Sleepy! But manageable. Try to relax, and take this on a day when you don’t have much to do if you’re feeling anxious about it. My recommendation would be to find low key but stimulating activity, treat yourself well, and avoid coffee or other foods that may be agitating to the stomach. I will retest for chlamydia next week or so but wanted to leave this review now because I know a lot of the concern is re: side effects (I feel you on the side effect anxiety!)"

Relax! January 28, 2019

For Chlamydia Infection: "Just took the medicine I'd say 30 minutes ago . No major side effects but my stomach is doing numbers right now ! Eat before taking the medicine but wait a good hour before taking it prescribed four 250mg pills"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2019