User Reviews for Azithromycin systemic

Also known as: Azithromycin 3 Day Dose Pack, Azithromycin 5 Day Dose Pack, Zithromax, Zithromax TRI-PAK, Zithromax Z-Pak, Zmax, Zithromax IV

Mycoplasma Pneumonia

1 review 25 medications
BabesiosisNot rated - Be the first1 review 9 medications
Summary of Azithromycin reviews 7.1 966 reviews

Reviews for Azithromycin

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin) for Sinusitis: "I've taken this for every URI I've ever had and feel better after first dose. No side effects. I love it. My new doctor won't prescribe it for me for some reason. Well, she's either a PA or a NP. That may have something to do with it. I know what works and is easy to take and doesn't RIP my guts out and keeps working long after the last dose is taken. I highly recommend this"

Oceangirl (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2019

For Bacterial Infection: "I give azithromycin a 5 just because while I was taking it, it did seem like my coughs were becoming less frequent and persistent, and MAYBE had I continued, it would have stopped eventually. However, this came at a huge expense because on day 2, I began getting terrible headaches (supposedly a rare side effect) which continued until day 5 when I stopped taking them. I would be restless at night and any time I would toss or turn I would feel an aching pain in my head. It got to the point where I had to take sleep medicine to help me sleep at nights because I couldn't without it. Still have the cough and looking for a new solution."

M (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2019

For Chlamydia Infection: "In the past the 4 pills all in one dosage makes me throw up with a upset stomach. So this time I ate and then I took 2 pills and waited a hour took the other 2"

Sarah (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2019

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin) for Bacterial Infection: "I took it for strep throat and didn’t have any side effects. My throat got worse on the second day but then got better. (Even when it looked worse , it didn’t hurt as bad as it did before ) My doctor sold it for $1.50. He doesn’t take insurance and gives his patient the cost he pays. (Yes those types of practices exist and are sometimes cheaper than what you pay with insurance and they actually care about their patients. )"

Boliviana (taken for less than 1 month) January 29, 2019

For Chlamydia Infection: "I took this medication a day ago and like 5 min after taking it I had a headache. Then like 30 min later I had harsh stomach pain and need to diarrhea right away. I rushed home and it was like a huge relief after that. Now today a day after I took the pill. I woke up feeling so sick like I needed to throw up. I tried to throw up and couldn’t but I had diarrhea again. But it definitely is worth the pain, just to be chlamydia free."

D (taken for less than 1 month) January 29, 2019

For Chlamydia Infection: "*this is a positive review* I took the 1g powder version as directed at 10:30 am after eating a simple breakfast of oatmeal. I experienced: 1. Slightly weird taste in mouth right after taking (went away after about 15 mins) 2. Gurgling stomach, on and off, with one slightly watery stool- I wouldn’t have thought twice about it if I wasn’t watching for it. 3. Slightly acidic stomach which felt like it does when I’m hungry. For this I ate small simple foods throughout the day. 4. Sleepy! But manageable. Try to relax, and take this on a day when you don’t have much to do if you’re feeling anxious about it. My recommendation would be to find low key but stimulating activity, treat yourself well, and avoid coffee or other foods that may be agitating to the stomach. I will retest for chlamydia next week or so but wanted to leave this review now because I know a lot of the concern is re: side effects (I feel you on the side effect anxiety!)"

Relax! January 28, 2019

For Chlamydia Infection: "Just took the medicine I'd say 30 minutes ago . No major side effects but my stomach is doing numbers right now ! Eat before taking the medicine but wait a good hour before taking it prescribed four 250mg pills"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2019

For Chlamydia Infection: "My boyfriend and I had to take this due to a positive result. We broke up for 2 months recently from our 4 year relationship, he hooked up with a girl who had Chlamydia, got tested, thought it was gone after treatment, well here we are. Well, I was tested already, it came back positive, got treated, got tested again and it came back negative. We had sex after one week. And I got it AGAIN! We both took this, and I had no side affects at all. I took two 500mg pills and he took a 1000 mg power drink. It messed his stomach up very bad, but I did not have to go through anything with mine. Nothing too bad."

broken (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2019

For Chlamydia Infection: "Technically took this for a Ureaplasma infection, but the symptoms and antibiotic dosage are the same as they are for chlamydia so I'm leaving this here. Tried 2 courses of doxycycline with no improvement. Was then prescribed two 500mg pills of azithromycin. I ate a breakfast sandwich with a lot of water, took one, drank more water, took another, ate a piece of bread and drank more water. Within 15 minutes I felt as though I was a little "woozy" that's the only way I can describe it. I didn't feel sick, I just felt a little out of it. For the next 3 hours, my stomach was a little grumbly but it did not get upset and it did not hurt. I had 2 loose stools but I didn't even cramp with them, they just happened and that was that. I went out for a big dinner and tolerated that fine. Slept normal, and the next day everything was back to normal. Do not be afraid to try this medication. Just be sure to eat and drink with it."

january2019 (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2019

For Chlamydia Infection: "I'm sure the medicine works for what its prescribed BUT I am pregnant and my pap came back just fine EXCEPT this infection. As if that wasn't terrible enough, I ate a normal dinner for me, so much that I was stuffed and couldn't finish my plate. I then took my medicine to get it out of the way and now my stomach is in so much PAIN. I am literally in the fetal position, I feel like I can't talk because I'm hurting so bad. I can't be touched nor can the couch I am laying on. I wish that there was a different option I could have taken. I feel like crying. Plus a sharp shooting pain up my left side ribs... SOS"

R (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2019

For Chlamydia Infection: "It seems like this whole process is very simple (in which in one reality it is), however up there in my brain? Mentally? I was having probably the worst anxiety I’ve had before. But another important thing that helped me so much during this entire lesson was praying for Archangel Ralphael and calling on him to surround me at that time of me being healed. He’s the angel that is expert in healing human conditions and he was SO freaking helpful. He’s the angel of medic. Just simply close your eyes, feel a sense of divine connection first (moment of stillness and pause), & just quietly say or even say it loud in your mind, “Archangel Ralphael, I Call on you at this time to please stand around me, heal me completely and entirely. I welcome your presence all into my life at this time. Thank U soo much.” Please you guys he can really help you in healing your bodies completely in ways you don't even know, & he can really heal you while you sleep is another thing I've noticed"

'You'll be fine'. — 777 Angel (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2019

For Bacterial Infection: "I was prescribed 1 dose of four 250mg tablets to be taken at one time. The dr did tell me to eat something with this. Thankful I ate an actual meal with it and not just a snack because I could only imagine how much worse I would have been if I didn’t eat a full meal. I took this around 7pm and by 10pm I was getting the stomach gurgles and cramps. It was bearable and I fell asleep. Let me tell you I woke up at 3am with the WORST diarrhea of my entire life and almost passed out in the bathroom from the pain. I went ghost white pale and started to sweat from the pain. Spent a good 30 min almost dying in the bathroom and slept on a couch in the living room in case I needed to crawl back in the bathroom and die again. This medication has the worse side effects."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2019

For Chlamydia Infection: "26 year old female. I was really nervous about taking this after reading reviews, but knew I had to. Was prescribed two 500MG tabs. Made sure to eat beforehand, ramen and some chips. Felt some tingling in my left arm and heaviness in my chest, but that could've been my anxiety. I took at 10:30 at night... woke up in the morning and almost all my symptoms were gone. Mild upset stomach, but nothing serious. Hoping it worked!"

YoungAdult (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2019

For Sinusitis: "Had sinus infections most of my life. Prescribed for first sinus infection 20 years ago & just ended a 6 week infection with 5 days of 500mg. They've tried about every other antibiotic alternative for fear longterm exposure to azithro could decrease effectiveness. Other antibiotics, air purifiers, nasal wash systems, sprays, antihistamines.. nothing else works for my sinuses. The only side effect I get is INCREASED appetite. Still, azithro is the ONLY thing that works for me 20 years!"

JakeGuy (taken for 10 years or more) January 9, 2019

Zithromax (azithromycin) for Bronchitis: "I took a total of two doses: two caplets day one and one caplet on day two. That night I had horrible night sweats that soaked through two sets of pyjamas. My heart was racing and I had a metallic taste in my mouth. Stopped taking it. My bronchitis has been going away without it and finally one week after I stopped taking it I'm no longer sweating, bad taste is gone and my heart rate is back to normal."

Samantha (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2019

For Bronchitis: "I was prescribed 500mg for 3 days plus 20mg of prednisone for 3 days for severe bronchitis, sinus infection and fluid behind my ears. I was also prescribed albuterol inhaler and I still have severe cough and sound worse than I did when I went into the drs office. I have no bowel movements and now only have inhaler to help with breathing. Still coughing like crazy and blowing my nose. I'm very tired probably have to go back to dr and miss another day or 2 of work. I'm feeling miserable."

Penny (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2019

For Pneumonia: "I was skeptical taking the Z-Pak to aid with Pneumonia as I have taken it for other ailments such as strep throat. Day three I started feeling much better. The side affects are minimal - if at all. I experienced some losoe stools, and nervousness. Other than that the medication is easy to take, and is only taken for five days."

Jocelyn (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2019

For Pneumonia: "People, azithromycin not only kills the bad bacteria, but also the good bacteria in your gut and intestinal tract, which immediately causes flaming diarrhea! You must get a potent probiotic to take along with the med. The one that works great for me has acidophilus in it. Relieves the problem almost immediately. I don’t know why the HECK doctors don’t mention this! "

Em (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2019

For Bronchitis: "(Background: Generally healthy 25 y/o female) I was given a 5 day Z pack for untreated Bronchitis/early stages of Pneumonia. The first day with the 500mg mega dose was very rough on my stomach. I am on day 3 now though and it is absolutely worth it. Besides little to no appetite, days 2 and 3 (250 mg dose each) haven’t given me side effects and I feel 90% better already!! I am also someone who doesn’t respond to many antibiotics so to find one that works is very exciting."

CONative (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "I took this today and the only reaction I had was some MAD stomach pains an hour or so after I took it. 1 dose of two 500 mg pills. Nothing to worry about? The pains go away in like 30 mins I've had no problems after that"

bunny (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "Took 2x500mg after lunch and apart from a weird taste in mouth and a few stomach grumbles I had 0 negative effects. Cleared up my infection."

kody (taken for less than 1 month) December 17, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I was prescribed a 1 g single dose. My urine culture was positive for the bacteria Ureaplasma Urealyticum and I had urinary burning. 2 weeks of doxycycline did nothing to the symptoms. So, I took the dose right at the doctor's office and was checked after about 15 min for signs of allergic reaction. After that, I was getting progressively 'high', like I was in a dream. First day, there was very mild nausea and stomach pain, also gassy. 2 days after the dose, my liver began to hurt, up until day 7 post the pills. I also spent 2 days mostly sleeping, I was so high/relaxed. I can't say that the burning is gone, so will request additional tests to check for other infections. Everyone, keep in mind that STI clinics only test for the most common or dangerous infections. If you are negative for them but still suspiciously symptomatic, it's time to google and ask for additional testing. Oh, and I used condom EVERY. SINGLE. TIME."

Tarragon83 (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "If you’ve just gotten to this site, stop reading reviews. It’ll make you anxious and you may panic like I did. Eat before taking this, let your stomach settle maybe 30 minutes and then you should be okay. Went to sleep shortly after taking it, and slept through the night without problems. Side effects are very mild, I would compare the nausea to drinking water a bit too fast, but not like you’re going to be sick. If you can, take probiotics, drink kombucha or eat yogurt. It’ll help with the diarrhea if you have any. Me being emetophobic had a complete fit after reading reviews, but I’m perfectly fine. If you can’t bare the nausea, buy Emetrol. Don’t stress, you’ll be okay, just rest and take it easy."

sp (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2018

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "I can't believe it has a 7.5 out of 10. I feel more sick than I've ever been after 2 doses. I called my doctor and she told me not to finish the 5 day course. She is putting me on something else but I'm afraid to take it because I've never felt this kind of pain and sickness before and now I'm afraid to take any antibiotics.It's like the stomach flu amplified 10x. And most of the "good reviews" of this drug are about how the person didn't get sick, I didn't see much about this actually fixing the condition they had. I wish I could be in the hospital right now that's how bad it is. But I don't think they'd do anything for me"

DONT USE THIS (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "My boyfriend cheated on me and I got chlamydia. after getting prescribed azythromycin the first thing I did was read the reviews which was a terrible idea!!! I was so scared I was gonna get a bad reaction to it. Anyway it’s 3 days later and I’m literally fine no reaction the first night I did get a horrible headache but that could have been from barely drinking water that day. I think it just depends on the person but hopefully this gives some of you peace of mind to know not everyone gets horrible side effects!!"

Something (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2018