User Reviews for Azithromycin

Also known as: Azithromycin Dose Pack, Z-Pak, Zithromax, Zmax

Learn more about Azithromycin.

Mycoplasma Pneumonia 2 reviews 36 medications

Bacterial Endocarditis Prevention 2 reviews 56 medications

STD Prophylaxis 1 reviews 25 medications

Summary of Azithromycin reviews 755 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Azithromycin

Zithromax (azithromycin) for Chlamydia Infection: "Took this last week under the directions of my pharmacist. I ate a full dinner (burger and some veg) and waited 45 minutes to an hour before taking my 4 large pink pills. My pharmacist and my doctor both recommended staying away from dairy in the meal before I took the pills. Went to bed feeling a little nauseous but, that could have been nerves because of all the reviews on here. I slept through the night, totally fine. No diarrhea, no vomiting. Got my lab results back this morning and I'm in the clear."

STI Freeeee (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis: "I usually get 2-3 sinus infections a year, usually starts with a cold then comes the sinus infection. Azithromycin is a miracle drug for me. I was seen by Dr today and the pain was so intense it caused my blood pressure to be high, she prescribed me zpack and within hours after taking the initial dose the pain is 50% less. I do not have any side effects from the medicine and it is the only prescription drug that works this well on my sinus infection"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "I was prescribed a 3 day, 500mg dosage. It got 5x worse within the first two days which had me scared for day 3. My throat was so swollen that I haven't eaten since Friday. Today is Monday. I have made absolutely no progress. I am 20 years old, 6'4, 220lbs and very fit. I usually eat 5,000 calories a day in order to stay full because I am very active. Nothing has been worse than the pain from this strep throat, and this medicine hasn't helped at all."

Jake000 October 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chlamydia Infection: "My husband and I found out we have chlamydia and have probably had it asymptomatically for a while. Doctor prescribed us both a z-pack (1g powder) and I Googled the reviews and almost decided to just live with chlamydia based on the level of scariness I discovered. We mixed the powder, knocked it back (romantic date right?), chugged some water and waited for the misery to set in. It....never happened...for either of us. Haven't visited the toilet any more than usual. No panic attacks. No hallucinations. And best of all, no chlamydia. Definitely take with a meal, but definitely don't panic. I have immediate reactions to everything and this didn't bug me."

Married...? (taken for less than 1 month) October 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin) for Pneumonia: "Was started on this in the ER at time of diagnosis. After three days and only negligible improvement I returned to the ER. This time I was given an IV of Rocephin and by the end of the day I could see huge improvements. Not sure why they don't culture and match the right drug."

Billet Mom (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zithromax (azithromycin) for Bacterial Infection: "Brand name Zithromax works better than the lower quality generic however I've found that Zithromax isn't the greatest when you have infections of both upper and lower airways, it may be due to antibiotic resistance. Same thing with amoxicillian alone happens, not as effective as it use to be years ago."

arcticdunord October 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "Was prescribed the zpac for an upper respiratory infection and took two the first day and one after did nothing for me but make it worse. I can't even laugh with out coughing I stop taking it decided to take amoxicillan instead and now I'm coughing up my mucus. Do not recommend the zpac"

Bad medicine October 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "Just finished zpack for a upper respiratory tract infection. I've gotten progressively worse through the 5 day course. On day 4 I had a temp of 103 and severe headache. I had a temp of 99 when I began the pack."

Karen088 (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chlamydia Infection: "After reading the side effects on this I absolutely freaked out, like a lot of people on here I have a severe, severe phobia of vomiting. I am below the average weight and height for my age (21) and was leery to take 1g of this medication so I took 875mg the first time and the rest later in the evening I ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and some ginger snacks and a handful of fruit loops before taking the first dose and the only reaction I had was very very mild stomach gurgling and some very mild stomach tightness which easily could have been from the anxiety of taking the meds. I ate some peppermint candies and continued through my day with absolutely no problems whatsoever. It is now 11:30pm and I'm still fine!"

An absolute nervous wreck (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chlamydia Infection: "I had sex with a guy and a few months later I started having symptoms and I asked him if he had an STI and he so no. I went to go get check and I came out positive with chlamydia. I ate 2 hours before taking two pink pills and it's been 3 hours since I took the pills and I'm starting to feel really nauseous and I'm having really bad cramps and I'm gassy"

Anonymous September 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chlamydia Infection: "PLEASE don’t be scared when taking this medicine. I know I was after reading all these reviews. But it does effect everyone differently. I had dinner about 2 hours previous to taking the medicine. After taking it I felt really hungry and had a bowl of popcorn. I had no side effects. No nausea, no cramps, no gas.. nothing. Hoping my boyfriend is just as lucky."

ChlamydiaLydia (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chlamydia Infection: "So my ex partner told me he had been positive with chlamydia so I went to doctors to get tested and she gave me the pills right away! I had to take 2 azithromycin, after about 3 hours I was getting mild stomach pains for about 10 mins then had to rush to the toilet and had diarrhoea so bad!! Was sitting on the toilet for a good 15 mins! After that I thought it was all good but went again an hour later. It's now 3.50am and I woke up to it once again and literally pooping like a waterfall!! It's so worth getting rid of this STI though! But far out feels like I took laxative tablets!!!"

Anonymous September 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chlamydia Infection: "I just took the medication after I ate dinner and 30 mins later I threw up every thing. Called the doctor and they're giving me more medicine"

No name282929 September 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chlamydia Infection: "Took the 4 tablets at one time. This medicine was the best and also the worst medicine to take . It was great because it worked amazing everything was gone. The side effects were horrible. For an hour I was fine and once the hour hit I was sick to my stomach I threw up a few times and than I had the worst stomach pain for a few hours till I finally fell asleep. Overall worth it tho its effects people different but if you want the infection gone this is the go too."

Dcd21 (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chlamydia Infection: "Took two 250mg pills and had no problems at all. You should take this on a FULL stomach. Everyone saying they do not want to throw up so they make sure not to eat anything ?! The medication effects are lessen by food I promise! My infection symptoms were gone in 2 days and the STD was gone when I went to the check-up appointment 2 weeks later! :)"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chlamydia Infection: "I was told to take the 4 pink tablets just in case I do have it, since a guy's previous sexual partner gave him a call and said she tested positive. So I went in for a screening today just in case, and they decided to go ahead and treat me before receiving the lab results. Anyways, I felt exhausted after taking it and ended up taking a long nap, I woke up then immediately felt the worse stomach pains EVER. Honestly I feel like I could throw up any second now."

Anonymous September 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis: "I was put on the z pac it is the one you take for 5 days ,for sinuses. I would not recommend it if you are like me and have reflux or stomach issues. I had taken it before, however this time there was more symptoms and side effects than ever before, I think they changed some things in this pill. I took the first day 1 one tablet about 12 hours apart not the two together. I have a very acidity feeling and bad diverticulosis in my stomach. After the 3 pills got hives on my leg after I took the second one started to feel nausea so bad and chills, as well as terrible diarrhea and it cleared up the sinus infection some but it is tearing my stomach to pieces even after eating before I take it. Reported the hives to the doctor he said keep taking I did and I am itching again"

Snowdove111 September 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chlamydia Infection: "Yesterday I was told I had chlamydia, I was given 2 pink pills, about 10-20 minuets after I took it I threw up and had horrible cramps. I'm afraid the pills won't work but I am going to go back and take another dose just in case, don't feel ashamed or disgusted with yourself even though I did myself, but people are assholes, and you learn and do better. Don't put trust into these fools! Have them checked before anything put yourself and your health first!"

love yourself September 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chlamydia Infection: "I was prescribed the 4x250mg of Azithromycin - Unfortunately I have a severe phobia of vomting (haven't been sick in 16 years) and so I was extremely nervous to take the medicine after reading reviews and such. I decided to go the extra mile to prevent any chance and so didn't eat any food for 3 hours and just drank water before taking and after, I had extreme stomach cramps for about 3 hours...however it was most likely from the lack of food! Once I had eaten I suffered some slight diarrhoea but nothing too bad! This is to help put people's minds at ease that if you follow instructions of a light meal before hand you are likely to be fine!"

Ginger1234 (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "I was diagnosed with panbronchiolitis and mild bronchiectasis. I had a few episodes of serious flare up when I caught a viral flu that left my lungs filled with phlegm and breathlessness. My doctor treated me on such episodes with prednisolone and azithromycin. It works within 36 hours and my condition improve from then onwards."

Mikeloo September 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Infection: "I was given azithromycin for a bacterial infection and strongly regret it. I continued with the medication for four of the five doses, finally stopping upon a call to the pharmacist. I quickly lost all taste and desire to eat food and became very drowsy. The next morning I was much worse. I could not get out of bed without falling over because of severe dizziness and a headache. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, I realized I had thrush on my tongue and a rash all over my body. This was soon followed by cramps and diarrhea. I wish this nightmare upon nobody, and apparently this reaction is not that uncommon. I wouldn't risk it."

sickgirl2398 August 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pneumonia: "I started off with very mild pneumonia with few coughs so the Dr gave me a 5 day Z-pack. After starting on this, my pneumonia didn't get any better. In fact it got progressively worse, my fevers higher, and my hot chills more frequent. No appetite and lots of body aches and soreness all over. At the end of finishing the medication, it was difficult to breathe without coughing almost every minute. Maybe this might work for other people, but it definitely didn't settle well with my body."

Anonymous August 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Infection: "I was prescribed this for strep throat.. It did a great job clearing up the infection I felt 100 times better after taking just two doses, but the second day of taking it I noticed I was extremely itchy all over my stomach sure enough a day later I broke out in a horrible rash all over my stomach, arms, and legs.. I didn't end up finishing the rest of the antibiotic due to my doctor telling me to stop taking it. It took about two weeks for the rash to go away and I still have a patch left on my arm."

Cat249 August 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chlamydia Infection: "My test came back positive for chlamydia, that Saturday morning I called to see when my prescription will be in Monday noon. I couldn't make it to cvs Monday so Tuesday morning woke up ...went got my medicine..4 pink pills (250mg) , I have to take it all at once ..so remind you I haven't eaten anything all day . I take the pills 1 by 1 back to back, like 30 mins later upper stomach was hurting so bad and I was thought maybe if I go to sleep the pain will go away. I fell asleep , stomach still hurt but not as bad as it did b4 I went took a nap. Then my booty started to sweat & had to go to the bathroom..I doodo 2 times ( diarrhea it was) . I felt so much better. But before & after the medication I had no symptoms of the STD . "

Tezzy T August 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Infection: "Caused stomach cramping and lots of gas to the point where I couldn't lay down or fall asleep without having to get up to burp or pass gas. I also felt really anxious when drinking this medicine."

Anonymous August 25, 2017