User Reviews for Amoxicillin / clavulanate

Also known as: Amoclan, Augmentin, Augmentin ES-600, Augmentin XR

Learn more about Amoxicillin/clavulanate.

Aspiration Pneumonia 1 reviews 63 medications

Bacterial Infection 60 reviews 171 medications

5.2
Summary of Amoxicillin/clavulanate reviews 371 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Amoxicillin/clavulanate

For Bacterial Infection: "This medicine was so bad. I gave it to my son for sinus infection. During 6 to 7 am he came to me and complained about stomach pain and then all of a sudden he ran to the bathroom and threw up a lot 5 times. We found out about the side effects when we all woke up !! This all happened and it was day one of medication. Please refer another medicine."

The Reviewer (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: "I stopped taking mine this morning, with five doses remaining.The day I began the augmentin, I experienced shortness of breath. I chalked that up to being sick. The next day of taking them, I noticed the insomnia. It was 3:30 a.m. and I thought it was 9 p.m. I was wide awake. Morning before last, I woke to find something that felt like pork fat sitting in my jaw. I pulled it out. The entire inside of my inner left cheek had peeled off and bled like mad. It is healing but eating is miserable. The final straw was, at the time my cheek peeled, I started having a left side facial tic and extreme tenderness beneath my jaw bone on that side. I WON'T be taking this again."

Jegra4355 March 17, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "I was on amox clav 875/125 for 8 weeks as my ENT ordered. Here I am two month later with the same sinusitis still."

Germangirl88 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "I started taking this on Feb 28 2017, after a day I started hving mild diarrhea and then came stomach pains. Oh it hurts so much! Feels like your stomach acids are eating away at your guts! So this morning I decided not to take anymore remaining antibiotics until I talk to my doctor about a different antibiotic. Not only did I have these few problems I also felt fatigued all day for the last 2 days while on this. Everyone is different so for me this does not work. I still feel congested even after a few days of taking this!"

Guam chic March 4, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "When I take amoxicillin I get a strange kind of a symptom. When I wake up in the morning I feel as if I am wearing socks, when I am not! On the second morning I feel I am wearing long socks upto my knees.!! No swelling but feels like water retention!! Or may be something else!!"

NeetaR February 28, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "I have had a bad ear infection and sinus problem for 6 months. Sneezing attacks. Went to my Dr and he prescribed me this medicine, I've been on it 3 days and already I feel relief, no sneezing, I can actually breath through my nose again, ear seems to be less drainage. Only downfall is I am nauseous. So I eat something and take zofran/ generic. It helps for a few hours but I have to take it and eat continually so I don't vomit. I weigh the odds " stay sick" or " tough it out" at least a week to ten days and get well."

Tigcaree55 February 27, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchitis: "Was on 10 day 2x a day regime. Felt better, fever broke after 2 days, but cough never went away. About a week after finishing my symptoms came back full force and worse. Had to go back to the Dr and got a z pack, prednisone, and an inhaler. I've been sick for 3 weeks. This drug didn't get rid of my infection and I was very disappointed. Hoping the z pack works."

Mandaza February 26, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Strep Throat: "The drug so far has been ineffective. I was prescribed Amoxicillin 875mg 2x/day to treat my strep throat infection. I'm an adult and my only symptom is a swollen, painful to touch lymph node on the left side of my neck. Today is day 6 and I still don't see any difference compared to day 1."

Alekl February 23, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "February 16th 2017, had nasal polyp's removed, Amox- Clav 875-125 MG was prescribed by my Dr. after surgery. I'm personally allergic to a lot. I know some medicines have ingredients I'm allergic to, this may be the reason I responded so poorly to this medicine, after taking this antibiotic, I had an severe allergic reaction. Red splotches started from my face, neck, back, arms, and continued on my thighs, legs and feet. My legs and feet became swollen. The red splotches began to merge together to become a big red spread instead of splotches. I considered going to the ER, however, I had benadryl and decided to take the benadryl first, after an hour, the symptoms started to subside. Four hours later I took another benadryl. Had to discontinue"

Lil Debbie (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Went to a doctors and was initially prescribed Trimethoprim for a UTI but following a 3 day course developed a temperature and vomiting so was admitted to hospital and they prescribed me Amoxiclav 3 times a day for 10 days. Absolutely vile stuff, think out of the 8 tablets I vomited violently after 5 and the other 3 I was sat there clutching a sick bowl feeling like I was going to vomit for hours. I've spoke to my doctor and now been changed to Ciprofloxacin so fingers crossed I have more luck on this one. But would not recommend Amoxiclav one bit, made me feel 400 times worse than I already did."

Becksxx February 13, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "RUN FROM THIS MED!! I was fine on it at first but now it has caused headaches, severe diarrhea, tiredness and vomiting. If I would have known its side effects before in was prescribed it i would have never started taking it. I had to leave work nearly because I was so ill from it. Do not take this med. Its horrible"

Ggredh She e (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "My husband is taking this to treat his kidney infection from a 10 mm kidney stone, also a UTI and high temperature. *Its been a fantastic medication for him. * Took his fever away. instantly * Treated UTI * Treated infection. All of them * Recommended This medication acting saved him when the Hospital sent him home with a extremely high temperature of 102.7 - 104.3. He was badly dehydrated fighting a kidney infection and a UTI and trying to pass a 10 millimeter kidney stone. His urologist said he should have been admitted and treated immediately and not sent home with a fever. If it wasn't for the antibiotics, he probably would have died or went into septic shock. His surgery is Monday for stone removal laser surgery."

Julia k (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "skin burns, stomach is upset feels like a need to vomit"

macncheese99 February 8, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchitis: "On 875 mg twice a day for bronchitis and sinus infection. I ate and took med with A LOT of water. Minimal stomach upset. Today is last day of med, feeling 80% better but tired. I was couch bound for 5 days prior to taking the med and was so sick I thought it was pneumonia."

its just pat (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Skin and Structure Infection: "Started on augmentin the day prior to a simple tooth extraction. It gave me a slightly upset stomach but quickly subsided with yogurt/probiotics etc. Took more augmentin after extraction, no upset stomach but noticed tiny bumps on lower half of face and neck. Started to feel hot and kind of itchy, very shaky. Shortly after I started burping and felt hungry like I hadn't eaten in days. An hour after 3rd dose was like a scene from the Exorcist. Never vomited so hard in my entire life, it was painful. Doc said to stop taking it - no duh. Stopped taking augmentin but nausea and exorcist vomiting still here. Face still hot and bumpy, skin itchy. Never allergic to reg. amoxicillin. I want this new med outta my system! NEVER AGAIN"

worse off (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Otitis Media: "After 3 day taken a tablet by mouth every 12 hours for 10 days. The infection and the pain in my ear get better, but the side effects like a Diarrhea and tiredness, dizziness, loss of appetite, abdominal pain, disorientation and irritability made the 10 days a challenge."

CubanGuy (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "Don't take this pills its different for everyone but if you start having chest pain after just taking 3 pills stop taking immediately"

Just a woman February 1, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "Started this 4 days ago and feels like its getting worse instead of better :( extremely stuffed up and headache! Will not be taking another dose "

Tired sick mama January 23, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Augmentin XR (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: "Killed the sinus infection in about a day. I have had chronic sinusitis for 15 years, and this is my go-to medicine."

usatrooper (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "After one dose I was in ER. I was vomiting violently and became very confused. My husband said I kept asking the same questions over and over. I had memory loss and still can't remember the day I took the dose. I had an MRI and did not have a stroke, all other tests were normal. It might work well for some but clearly it really affects others negatively."

rhaeg (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Bacterial Infection: "BEST thing in the world for a ear infection. Dries up the water in the ear along with killing the bacteria running amok in there. Have used this for 30 years for my annual weather change induced inner ear infection with no side effects. Works better than a z-pak."

Dhk12300 January 17, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "Pro: Got relief from bad sinus infection within one day Cons: Supremely hard on my stomach and energy level. If I was not nauseous, I had severe stomach pains and chest dagger like pangs. Also had the sweats. And yes all this even after taking probiotics and with food."

UmaGo (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: "I found this to be a safe and effective drug. I have chronic sinusitis. A 20 day course puts the sinusitis in remission. I also have small intestine bacterial overgrowth. While I was prescribed the medication for sinusitis, I found a spectacular improvement in my acute and chronic small intestinal bacterial overgrowth."

sinusitis/small intestines (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 16, 2017

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "Some of these reviews had me worried because I hate side effects, but the throat was so painful I had to try it. Glad I did, I'm now on day 9 of two times daily and infection is gone, no pain. No side effects at all. No nausea, no diarrhea, no headaches. Worked well."

dwcrockett71 (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Strep Throat: "Everyone take a note that anytime you take an antibiotic you should to a probiotic to help your digestive health. A lot of antibiotic's cause diarrhea and can turn severe without proper technique. Take into fact too that eating or consuming and dairy product with an antibiotic is A HUGE NO-NO!!! I cannot stress how many times people have done that complaining about frequent loose bowel movements that sometimes leads to accidents. By the third day if you don't reckon progression, go back to docs immediately!"

FrankEee (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2017