User Reviews for Amoxicillin / clavulanate

5.2

Bacterial Infection

Summary of Amoxicillin/clavulanate reviews 5.8 523 reviews

Reviews for Amoxicillin/clavulanate

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Augmentin has worked really well on my recent UTI. I started 2 a day Augmentin for 7 days along with copious amounts of Cranberry Juice (see References below) and within less than a day temp was down from 103F to 99F. Pain had dropped from level 8 to a level 2 in a day. Take with yogurt or with a meal, increase fluid and fiber intake. Finish all the medicine even though your symptoms have gone after a few days. Prevention is the best approach. DO Wash hands thoroughly after wiping and before any contact near your urinary tract. References: Kontiokari, T., Sundqvist, K., Nuutinen, M., Pokka, T., Koskela, M., & Uhari, M. (2001). Randomised trial of cranberry-lingonberry juice and Lactobacillus GG drink for the prevention of urinary tract infections in women. Bmj, 322(7302), 1571. Howell, A. B., & Foxman, B. (2002). Cranberry juice and adhesion of antibiotic-resistant uropathogens. JAMA: the journal of the American Medical Association, 287(23), 3082-3083."

HomeDoc August 12, 2018

For Sinusitis: "I took this med for 2 days. On the third day I woke up with a b/p reading of 102/59. I take 4 meds for high b/p. Scared me. The next reading 1/2 hour later was 93/53. This med was the only change in my plan. It took 2 days, with no meds at all, for it to become "my" normal. I am now taking levofloxacin."

yankee (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2018

For Sinusitis: "This medication is terrible it causes me to have very bad headaches while I feel like I'm having migraines but it's caused by this medicine. I get terrible diarrhea, nausea and I throw up. I just feel like garbage. I was told this will clear me up and make me feel better but I feel way worse now. I have been on it for 3 days and I have now decided to stop. Hopefully I will feel better when this medicine is out of my system. Much love to all using it."

Emotionally drained August 3, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Woke up 4 days ago in pain, lymph node under impacted wisdom tooth was swollen, tongue, gums and throat were infected, could swallow and was hard to eat. I've been taking this for 3 days now feel a lot better, can't vomit if your not eating anything aha. Feel fine, mixing it with Panadeine Forte and ibuprofen and still got a dull tooth ache but not the throbbing of my neck, jaw and temple anymore at least"

DankBudz (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2018

For Sinusitis: "Took this medication for 5.5 days, I do not have anxiety or panic attacks but this medicine brought them on. Will never take this again and I will not finish my prescription. It was awful, I have never felt like that before nor do I ever want to again! Also felt like my heart was going to beat out of me chest, couldn't eat absolutely no appetite."

Cher (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Hi, i was given this medicine for an Ear Infection and a slight cough. I feel like I'm going to cough up a lung. I'm hackling and choking to death all day. I just quit my job because, I keep urinating all over myself from coughing so hard. The Doctor said these pills will help with my cough. But, the pills made my cough worst. I'm about to go check my self in the hospital. I need to be on a breathing machine. I have chest pains too. I have an inhaler I never used until now. But, I've been trying to find anything that will help me to breathe normal. And my inhaler is helping me. I took 1 tablet every 12 hours for 10 days. These pills didn't help me."

indigo (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2018

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: "Med taken twice a day for 10 days did not clear up my sinus infection. I still have congested sinus and continue to have green mucus when I blow my nose."

FLgal (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2018

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "Severe yeast infection after one dose"

Mds01 (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I took it for UTI I had no side effects and started working with in 24 hours I felt better. No problems at all I had tried other antibiotics and none worked."

Jones76 (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2018

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Bronchitis: "had bronchitis going on 1 week and finally visited a Dr. that prescribed Augmentin. Was also given an injection of another antibiotic and a steriod. This evening 12 hours later I'm feeling so much better"

jerrythesurfer (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2018

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "This caused major bleeding issues for me. After taking for a few days, I started bruising *really* bad and had problems eating anything because my stomach felt like a fire (I took it after eating to try and prevent that, but it didn't work). I was stuck with water, bread, and tiny-cut plain spaghetti. A week into the treatment, I develop a spontaneous LARGE hematoma on my backside that put me in the ER for a night. I may need to have it surgically removed in the next few days."

k (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2018

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Bacterial Infection: "This medicine is causing me serious neck, shoulder, and back pain. I took the first dose around 5:30-6pm and woke up the next morning so sore it’s unsafe to drive because it hurts so much to turn my head and check my blind spot. I am supposed to take 875-125 mg tabs (whatever that means) twice a day for 10 days. I’ve taken 11 of 20 and have had difficulty functioning and sleeping since. I can’t wait for it to be over!"

Alana (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2018

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Bronchitis: "I've always struggled with asthma/bronchitis since I was a kid. It has always been a yearly thing(usually around the summer). This drug always help me clear out the issue. It does take around 4-5 days with the help of my asthma meds, too.. but nonetheless, really effective. Giving it an 8 mainly because I had tried zithromax before and it relieved symptoms in 2 days."

G June 24, 2018

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Bacterial Infection: "This medication seemed to make me urinate more and some abdominal cramps, nothing major. Doctor prescribed 1 tab, twice daily with food for 10 days. It's been 5 days so far (6-23-2018)"

MG1981 (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2018

For Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth: "I've taken amoxicillin/clavulanate since Friday for a diverticulitis flare up, the 125mg ones. These helped with the pain I was experiencing but the side effects..."

Jojo (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2018

For Strep Throat: "I got real sick and diagnosed with Strep. My doc gave Amoxi/clav. By the 4th day I was feeling much better. It does work."

Rosie (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2018

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Took for gum infection. 3 days in to the prescription, I started have major anxiety attacks. Heart Palpitations, HBP, dizzy, shaky, clammy. Sent me to the ER as I thought I was having a heart attack. It was awful. I will never take again. If you have to take it, please be aware of these side effects. No one tells us about the panic, but upon doing some research, it's pretty common."

Debra (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2018

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Bacterial Infection: "I really hated it at first I vomited twice as it had the taste of metal. But then I tried something new and I didn’t feel the taste and had now problems. This is how I did it : First you need to take the amount of Augmentin (it has to be liquid form) you need , then take any type of apple juice about 110 ml , next you add an ice cube , after you add the Augmentin with the apple juice, finally add more apple juice and add a straw. .Now drink Small WARNING: at the end you might feel a little bit of it ."

Someone June 6, 2018

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: "Was prescribed Augmentin 875/125 tab twice daily for 10 days for bacterial sinusitis. I am currently on day 8 now. I was a little iffy about this medication the first two days as it did upset my stomach and cause many trips to the restroom even using with food as directed. Day three I had a nasty headache and insomnia. But honestly, by day 4 I felt pretty good. Actually awoke without any congestion. Energy started returning. Day 5-6 I started having some nausea and congestion again upon waking but trips to the restroom stopped. Day 8, mild congestion but feel normal for once. Doc did advise if the post nasal drip etc didn't cease I may need to see an ENT. So I'd say that this med is doing it's job handling the bacterial infection at least. Feel 90% better. Symptoms were uncomfortable when they hit, not unbearable."

Jelz June 5, 2018

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: "For a case of chronic sinusitis I was prescribed Augmentin. I took it for 10 days and had to stop as it was really messing with my gut. The main symptom of my sinusitis was a foul smell that can best be described as an "infected gym sock". The Augmentin did nothing for this. About two years later I was prescribed Keflex, and within two days the nasty smell was gone. Unfortunately, I now have a "sweet smell" and still suffer from not being able to smell most of the time. The sweet smell is much easier to live with, but I'll be going back to the doc to get a different prescription and hopefully can get rid of the sweet smell and restore my sense of smell."

DJ (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2018

For Sinusitis: "Had post nasal drip, sinus swelling, ear and toothache diagnosed as a bacterial infection. I was skeptical, but I assume that doctors know what they're about. Initially, the swelling went down, but after a few days I began to notice mild paranoia, nervousness, and headaches. After 7 days, it was hard for me to hold down food or sleep. My gut is swollen, and I am alternating between panic attacks and severe depression. I have missed more work due to the medication than I did for the sinus problems. I hope thus abated soon after I'm done. 2 pills left and I will never take this again unless I need it to save my life."

Scott (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2018

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Bacterial Infection: "I have 3 days left of Augmentin for sinus infection. I have had a mild headache and stomach cramps since taking this medicine. I forgot to take a pill at dinner and instead took it before bed. I couldn't get to sleep since I became very stuffy to the point that I couldn't breathe out of my nose. I started to feel heavy in my chest so I had to get up to get my breathing under control. I didn't realize that others have had similar side effects. I will call my doctor and see if she recommends I finish the medicine. No Augmentin for me next time."

Berni (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2018

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Bacterial Infection: "I took it for a severely abscessed tooth. It did clear up after 5 days (2 1000mg tabs a day). However I felt horrible the entire time. Gave me so much anxiety that I had 2 panic attacks. I had headaches, stomach pain and diarrhea. No appetite even though you have to eat in order to tolerate the medicine. My infection was really bad and I'm thankful that the augmentin cleared it up but I'm not sure if I would be willing to take it again."

Jeffsgirl (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2018

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Bacterial Infection: "Took the med for a sinus infection. ..worked well...no problem. Took it for a second infection...intestinal pain so bad I thought I might not survive."

Dpp514 (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2018

For Sinusitis: "I have been living at 80% for years due to sinus issues. I take Vyvanse 70mg just to function. The problem is Vyvanse masks any symptoms I have until it is severe. So when my sinuses reach that point a Zpack and shot make me feel better but apparently haven’t gotten rid of the infection. I felt okay when I went to my new ENT. He scoped my sinuses and saw the infection and also noticed both of my ear drums are retracted. Well the scope irritated my sinuses. I started a 21 day Amox-Clav 875mg 2x a day and I’m feeling less than my normal 80% . I’m on day 4! I have a constant dull headache, no energy, and my ears are really sensitive. No energy tells me my Vyvanse isn’t working with the antibiotics. I don’t want to have sinus surgery so I hope this antibiotic works and this 21 days of feeling like rubbish is worth it."

Layne (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2018