User Reviews for Amoxicillin/clavulanate

Bacterial Infection 4.5
Summary of Amoxicillin/clavulanate reviews 5.3 699 reviews

Reviews for Amoxicillin/clavulanate

Curly · Taken for less than 1 month June 22, 2020

For Kidney Infections: “Pain of pyelonephritis was less than pain in stomach on antibiotics, and I felt like I was drowning in stomach acid which burned my throat raw.”

Lilly June 12, 2020

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Bacterial Infection: “It has been widely accepted that stopping antibiotic treatment early encourages bacteria to develop antibiotic resistance. That is why you should immediately consult with your doctor if you stop taking it. Amoxicillin only didn't give me much side effects. Just started taking Co-Amoxiclav for bowel inflammation. Hopefully will work too.Will see. Take care everybody.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 3, 2020

For Urinary Tract Infection: “Should of paid attention more to the bad reviews about this drug instead of taking a chance on the good reviews. Took 1 pill of the 825mg-125 and ended up in the ER last night. SEVERE abdominal pain, diarrhea and vomiting bile. I vomited bile all the way to the ER in the ambulance. Had a full work up. CT scan, the works. I will never ever take this medication again. Super strong, I followed the directions and took it with enough food. I am now home from the hospital now and my stomach is still paying for it. This one pill destroyed me. I can't imagine what it did to people who took more or the full course.”

anon · Taken for less than 1 month May 22, 2020

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: “Took Augment 10 days twice a day, 875mg. Great experience but did not fully get rid of my stubborn infection. It only made me a little gassy with no other side effects.”

AzCorals May 16, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “Omg, so I'm on amoxicillin/clavulanate for a tooth issue. I'm going through my 4th pair of bottoms today! 1 pair of shorts, 3 pyjama bottoms! I have had to hand wash diarrhea out of my shorts 4 times now! It's 2 am and my stomach is still gurgling. I'm afraid to go back to sleep cause I woke up this last time to pooping in my shorts and on my bed! The other times I was awake at least. I have an abscessed tooth root that spread to my face. It's Friday night, looks like I'm stuck til Mon. I might have to do a tele-health appt. with Urgent Care to get just plain penicillin tomorrow. Only good thing is my facial swelling went down a little.”

AllOkay · Taken for less than 1 month May 10, 2020

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: “I took augmentin for a nasty stye that was getting increasingly worse. I do not have a good track record with antibiotics as I have either broken out in hives or it has caused some intolerable mood swings. I was nervous about taking it, but the stye caused me so much pain that I gave in. Hours after the first dose, the stye came to a head and immediately started draining. It felt like so much of the pain had finally left my eye. By day 4, other than the scar/scab, my eye looks and feels like normal. My digestion is a bit out of whack, but I deal with other complicated gastro issues, so this was not a big deal for me. Probiotics and kefir to help!”

CJ · Taken for less than 1 month May 8, 2020

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Urinary Tract Infection: “I have had recurring UTI’s and have tried just about ever antibiotic and nothing else has helped me. Cephalexin did nothing and I am allergic to Bactrim. Cipro caused me to have severe tendinitis in my Archilles tendon. However I am doing well on Augmentin and can put up with the loose stools as I started feeling better by day 3. Taking a Probitrinol probiotic is helping me as Florastor did not work for me. Drink plenty of water and get lots of rest. Not all medications work for everyone so trial and error will work the best.”

trearp · Taken for less than 1 month May 2, 2020

For Sinusitis: “It worked for me. I had to makesure I drank PLENTY of water and tea. I also ate yogurt while taking it.”

What_a_Poison! · Taken for less than 1 month April 26, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “Do not take amoxicillin/clavulanate antibiotic EVER! Doctor prescribes me this antibiotic for a bacterial infection, which I did not have, the labs test came up virus later. I did not know that this amoxicillin/clavulanate is just another name for Augmentin because I took the latter years ago and spent one whole day in the bathroom vomiting and diarrhoea. Here we go, took this unknowingly and guess what, same reaction, started jetting out from both ends violently at the same time. And I only took one pill. I just do not know the effectiveness of this drug, because I can't damn keep this pill down in the stomach for more than 30 mins. Now I know I will never touch this stuff EVER AGAIN! Took amoxicillin many times never had that reaction, apart from minor stomach discomfort. NEVER AGAIN!”

e · Taken for less than 1 month April 4, 2020

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Bacterial Infection: “I am still having severe vagina pain 9 months after taking this very horrible drugI I have tried so many different things, can someone out there please help me! IT HAS BEEN A HORRIFIC NIGHTMARE THAT HAS RUINED MY LIFE!”

Sz · Taken for less than 1 month April 1, 2020

For Pneumonia: “This drug amoxicillin/clav is very strong. It heals, and kills everything bad, in its path. I had a pimple on my face, during my treatment for pneumonia, and that cleared up in one day. The only thing is, is that taking yogurt with it is a must, otherwise, you will have diarrhea.”

Lacey · Taken for less than 1 month March 31, 2020

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: “I was prescribed Àugmentin (Amox-Clav) 125mg every twelve hours for 10 days. Starting having diarrhea the day I started and by day five I became so sick I thought I was going to have to go to the ER. Horrible stomach pain and cramps, fever, extreme weakness, painful muscles mainly in legs, nasty sweat, nightmares, and I lost my sense of smell...which may have been a good thing since I was pretty much stuck in the bathroom. The fever and pain lasted two days after I stopped taking the augmentin on day five. The diarrhea has continued (on day eight after discontinuing drug) and is pretty much spontaneous. I can’t go anywhere. I have never had stomach issues in my life (I’m 50). I fear my gut is damaged beyond repair. This is a nasty, nasty drug. Also has worsened my depression and mental state in general.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month March 25, 2020

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Strep Throat: “Augmentin is a powerful drug and within 2 doses for strep throat my throat started to open back up. I could breathe easier and swallow without too much pain. However, it gave me the worst headache I have ever had. I tried tylenol, ibuprofen and BC powder and my head still felt like it was going to explode. Switching to Amoxicillin. I just hope it works as well as Augmentin without this terrible side effect.”

exhausted_girl · Taken for less than 1 month March 22, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “I had a painful tooth which got infected and caused swelling of my right jaw within only 3 days. Doctor prescribed me this antibiotic amoxicillin/clavulanate, 875mg dose 2x to take for 10 days and go to a root canal on the 7th day. I have a phobia taking medications because of previous bad side effects. Since I have taken plain Amoxicillin many times without any major problems, gave this a go. Took one pill in the morning with my breakfast & 2 hours later got violently ill, throwing up until I couldn't, literally, the acid was burning my stomach and throat. Five mins later, started peeing from my butt for 30 mins, liquid diarrhoea, I was very weak and spent in bed. I only took one single pill. Doctor said it is an bad reaction, now have to figure out what to take bec I am allergic to most of the antibiotics and the tooth pain is on the next level.”

Riley · Taken for less than 1 month March 21, 2020

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: “I had a stye that turned into cellulitis with extreme swelling, redness and pain. If you google the most extreme pics of periorbital cellulitis, I looked worse than those. My lower eyelid was so swollen that it was projected so far out that when I closed my eye, my inside tissue, the mucous membrane was completely exposed. It felt like my skin was ripping apart. I was prescribed 1000mg Augmentin and after the first tablet, I was about 25% better. After the second tablet, all pain was gone and it went down to looking like a normal stye again. This was in just 24 hours. By the end of day 3 you'd never know it happened. I've also been prescribed Augmentin for bronchitis and respiratory infections and it's quick and works great for those as well.”

Alexis · Taken for less than 1 month March 20, 2020

For Otitis Media: “Was prescribed this medicine for 10 days, had to finish on the 7th day. Absolutely terrible side effects. Chest pain, shortness of breath, diarrhea, constipation, muscle aches, muscle spasms, eye twitching. I took the medicine with food and still had awful acid reflux. Five days without the medication, and I am still having chest pain, diarrhea, muscle aches, ear ringing, anxiety, etc. I hope all of this goes away soon so I can get back to normal. It did clear the ear infection, but I would never take this again.”

Di · Taken for less than 1 month March 19, 2020

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Bacterial Infection: “After taking other antibiotics a couple of times over the last 12 months for sinus infections, I finally had a deep sinus infection which seeped through the top jaw and around a tooth. It had apparently been building up over time. I had just started Augmentin 875/125 when the periodontist found this. Before that I had tired completed 3 courses and all infection pain in my sinus, jaw, neck and shoulder have gone. After 12 months of trying physio, massage, nasal sprays, washes and antihistamines, as well as the odd antibiotic, Augmentin has been my saviour. It began to clear everything l didn’t even know was part of the infection within 3 days and the continued improvement has been unbelievable and surprising. No side effects at all, if l take at the start of a meal, although l have felt pretty tired. Brilliant drug!”

Christine · Taken for less than 1 month March 11, 2020

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: “I was recently prescribed Augmentin 875 mg two times a day for 10 days for a very severe upper respiratory/sinus Infection. On day one, I had pain in my head, some sweating/chills, lethargy and stomach upset. Day two. I had bad diarrhea, anxiety, nervousness/agitation, sweating/chills and some Tiredness. Day three I had all of the above as well as developing one hive on my right arm after my evening dose. The medication helps my sinus infection, but the side effects are troubling. I do not feel good for at least two or three hours after taking this medication.”

Stad erect · Taken for less than 1 month March 2, 2020

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Bronchitis: “Hit with a sore throat, cough etc...thought it was a cold. I went back to work after limited activity for a weekend and taking Monday off. Two days later I was worse!!! Thinking it was the flu, I went to the Dr. after a night of heavy coughing, major phlegm from this coughing and cramping, unable to have a bowel movement, tried to vomit, (It was globs of only blood! I was taking severe strength cold/flu medicine (650 mg acetaminophen every 4 hours), which contributed to the constipation. I had no voice along with the sore throat and being very weak. The Dr. said I had Bronchitis and not the flu. (Temperature was 98.5 BP 117/82.) Prescribed Augmentin. I was alive again after 4 hours from taking this! 3 days into a 10 day regimen and I feel so much better. I Never had Bronchitis before. This is a great treatment! No side effects as of now.”

Underavgscholar · Taken for less than 1 month March 1, 2020

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: “Ok so I started with pneumonia and then it kinda came back as a sinus infection/ bronchitis (I have no idea). So they gave me this antibiotic for resistance issues. The first dose had my tummy rumbling, but I ate and took a probiotic! I had loose stools (and still have them) but I am slightly afraid of antibiotics just because they upset my stomach (previously the doxy for my lungs). But the probiotic helps SO MUCH! As long as you eat with it, and take a probiotic if you want to, then you should be fine. I really like the way it’s working! I’m almost clear even though I’m on it for a week and I’m only two days in. Be safe!”

MN1818 · Taken for less than 1 month February 27, 2020

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: “My son diagnosed with facial cellulitis 5 day treatment completely healed 100% effective Excellent medication No side effects 100% covered NYS Community Plan”

P · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2020

For Urinary Tract Infection: “I was prescribed 875mg of this medicine amoxicillin and clavulanate to take every 12 hrs for up to 10 days. After the first day of taking thIs medication, my labia broke out in huge filled blisters, cloudy urine, painful urination, non stop diarrhea , neck pain, & extremely sore throat.”

Anonymous February 24, 2020

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: “So I was prescribed Augmentin On Friday to treat really bad sinuses, and the doctor told me not to start it until what would’ve been today but when I went to the ER that night they said that I should start augmentin. I took my first dose I didn’t see any differences although I already had a fever and my heart rate was pretty high because I was fighting off an infection. My second dose kept me up all night long. My third dose made me sleepy and lethargic all yesterday. My fourth dose I wasn’t feeling better or worse but at one random point I checked my heart rate and it was 172 and my fiancé said that wasn’t right and some thing about the app that I use was wrong. I didn’t feel it. So all weekend long I had a horrible cough and every time I would cough my back would seize up and I would be in excruciating pain I attribute this to be on my couch however I do not believe that’s the case. My diarrhea has been pretty substantial”

Lavernius169 February 21, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “This stuff sucks, period. I rarely have problems with any meds, I've taken antibiotics for several reasons in my life, always gonna have some discomfort or side effects, but this stuff can't even work properly because you just puke it up, I got to my second dose of the 875/125 mg and its pointless...projectile vomiting and diarrhea, took with meals and pro biotics, it doesn't matter...I don't care what anybody else says, how is the other meds or pro biotics or food or anything supposed to work if you just puke within an hour or two of taking it? I have even asked other doctors and people who work at hospitals, augmentin is a broad antibiotic used by general practitioners who don’t know specifically what to target, so they throw augmentin at it to just generally treat stuff knowing full well the side effects and that it is a bad and low rated medicine...it “may” work on some people but I feel that number of people is arguably lower than the people it causes problems with.”

Sonya · Taken for less than 1 month February 18, 2020

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: “I started taking augmentin and had a panic attack that very night. I had never had a problem with anxiety or panic attacks. I had my medication changed. Later on, I got another sinus infection, and was told that augmentin couldn’t have given me a panic attack so I decided to listen to them and give augmentin another try. Well guess what, another panic attack. Those were two of the most scariest experiences of my like. I couldn’t breath, I was trembling, chest pounding. Doctors need to listen to patients more and not think that they know everything about a medication just because research hasn’t shown it yet.”