User Reviews for Amoxicillin / clavulanate systemic

5.3

Bacterial Infection

Summary of Amoxicillin/clavulanate reviews 5.8 545 reviews

Reviews for Amoxicillin/clavulanate

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for : "Took 5 days of 625mg twice daily course after a dental procedure. While on it I had severe headache, hot flushes, chills, depression, nausea and anxiety. I didn't not experience diarrhea though. 2 days after finishing the course I got a vaginal yeast infection. The last yeast infection was 5 years ago when I was on 3 months course of z pack for acne. It cleared up my tooth infection but I'm never having it again. Not worth the side effects"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2018

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: "Positives: -Sore throat and Eye Infection gone. Negatives: -Woke up to spine, neck, chest, left arm pain to the point I thought I was having a heart attack. -Numb limbs, ears, and eye pressure. -Nightmares, such as birds attacking and pecking my brain. -Non stop migraines that affected my vision, and thought I had a brain tumor or aneurysm. -Brain fog and fatigue that I can barely hold a conversation. -Acid reflux. -Heart palpitations that wakes me up in my sleep. -Food and water tastes bitter with an after taste. -Dry eyes and photophobia. -Wake up in the mornings feeling hungover and disoriented. You can see the cost/benefit of this medication."

Al SD (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2018

For Sinusitis: "This stuff is supposed to clear up my sinus infection. It may have done that, but it also made me have severe headaches, body-aches, weakness and confusion. I felt like I was trapped in a cloud-like bubble. I'm on day 4 and I feel like quitting it is making me feel so miserable. I can't get my body temperature right. I'm either too hot or too cold. I feel tired all the time. What is happening to me? I'm glad, not really, but happy to know that I'm not the only one this has happened to. This medicine should not be prescribed anymore. I'm on the 825mg. Way too strong."

Enzo (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2018

For Sinusitis: "for chronic sinusitis it works ok. Better take the 2 g/60 mg every 12 h (augmentine plus) because so you can avoid the clavulanate side effects."

frankie9988 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 22, 2018

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Otitis Media: "This is the only medication that works for my chronic ear infections. I get 5-6 ear infections per year, I’m 23 so not a common problem at my age. The last two infections I ruptured my ear drum, which is extremely painful, but within 1 days of taking augmentin the drainage has stopped and after 3 days the pain is completely gone. I usually notice some GI issues, but I can deal with it for how well this medication clears the infection."

MD8700 (taken for less than 1 month) October 20, 2018

For Otitis Media: "I think perhaps people get motivated to write reviews of a drug when they’ve had a bad experience of it, I took this pill for several courses as a teen, due to chronic recurrent ear infections. I never had any issues. Everyone is different and can tolerate different meds."

Greyhound (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2018

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Throughout the whole course I had horrible nausea and diarrhoea :/ 2 weeks after finishing the course I'm still sick! So fatigued, flu like symptoms, chills and sweats, terrible cramps and always in the bathroom. I've now been diagnosed with colitis from augmentin. I'm more sick after the course than I was before I actually needed the antibiotics!! I've never had a reaction to any other antibiotic so would never ever take that again."

nauseousgirl (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2018

For Sinusitis: "I am using 5 day course, twice daily of Augmentin 625. I feel ok but, I become week and too dizzy. Feverish and also have body pain. Took some paracetamol as well. Not feeling good about it."

Ravi (taken for less than 1 month) October 9, 2018

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Bronchitis: "Scary. I had taken this a year ago and had to stop after 2 days because I was getting really bad palpitations. Last week (I figured I'd give it a second try), I took 1 dose of Augmentin before bed and ended up in the ER about 4 1/2 hours later with a full body rash (after only 1 dose!). My skin was on fire. Purple blotches all over. Stomach upset. Back pain. Spent the next 3 days with a terrible rash and hives. Turns out I'm allergic to anything penicillin based (amoxicillin). I'm sure it's a very good/strong antibiotic for those that can tolerate it, but if you've had any type of an adverse reaction in the past, whether stomach upset or rash, etc., I'd highly advise staying away. Could be that you have an actual allergy and that it's not just a bad side effect of the drug. Stick with Levaquin!"

jarobeiz (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2018

For Skin and Structure Infection: "I was prescribed Augmentin (but was given a MFG Aurobindo substitute Amox/Clav from Pharmacy) for a diagnosis of bacterial infection on the back of my neck. Out of 14 pills, I've taken the third one and that will be my last one ever!!. After my first pill I noticed the extreme headache but thought nothing about it being the side effects from the medicine. It lasted as long as it could last until I finally gave in after 3 hours and went looking for Advil for Migraines that I luckily bought that day. The Advil helped lessen and controlled the headache after 30 minutes. After what I've gone through the week before (depression, the "infection", headaches, and cold sores), this medicine was only making my life worse with the extreme throbbing headache (kind of like having someone bang on a sensitive area on the top left of my head). Noticed no other side effects yet, besides the unbearable headache since I'm stopping after my 3rd pill. Will put this name on "medicines I can't take"."

d0r3m0n September 26, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Bacterial infection and sinus infection. After 3 doses I started feeling better, I'm sure the 10 day is going to clear it up. My sinuses bleed tho after I take it, and so after so long after taking it, for about 3 hours, I'll be blowing blood outta my nose, tho it's not painful. Also, everyone complaining of gut issues. Take probiotics this will help with many of these issues. This medication will kill off ALL the bacteria in your body, and if you don't restore the good bacteria, your body is going to be in rough shape. Start the probiotic before you get this med at the onset of the issue that took you to the Dr in the 1st place, and take it for a few days after its done at least. It also helps if you break up your dose thru out the day. "

boopbop September 19, 2018

For Sinusitis: "Within 24 hrs of starting this medication I felt like I had the flu. I was pukey and my entire body ached so bad. I stopped it immediately. I much rather deal with the sinus pain. I am now waiting to get it out of my system. Hopefully my body aches stop soon. Be careful before starting this medication."

SS (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Well, I was given a steroid shot & this prescription: it made everything worse! I had dizziness, back, neck & shoulder pain, slight nausea, diarrhea, red cheeks, made my face feel sore, barely sleep through the night & I stopped after 3 days. This is one medicine I cannot take again!"

Jb (taken for less than 1 month) September 17, 2018

For Otitis Media: "I’m my third day at 875mg twice a day and experiencing zero side effects. I thought it would affect my stomach as I have an acidic stomach and it hasn’t. Not sure if it’s working on ear infection yet will post after I finish the 7 day course. Please note: If I’d read the experiences people post here I’d never have taken it so I hope this helps someone if they’ve been prescribed this medication."

Miles (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2018

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Bronchitis: "Caused fatigue and bad stomach pain. Had to stop after 5 days, Anxiety too"

Bobby B (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I went to a urgent care center, I have a horrible dental abscess. My mouth is huge and the throbbing was unbearable! I have a high pain tolerance too. I took my first dose of Augmentin (875mg amox/ 125mg clav) yesterday. I ate a bowl of cereal prior to taking. I had very little nausea and I have a weak stomach. The first 2 hours after taking this I felt a little better and was happy. A few hours later, BAM! I was shaking, eyes burning and I had a mild fever 101. My body was aching just like the flu! I will NEVER take this stuff again! I am 30’yrs old and 112lbs and was written the strongest dose maybe it was just to strong for me? But after reading reviews and forums I’ve read a lot of the same reviews!! Grown men having the same side effects and doubling over. Yes one dose helped me with the throbbing in my face/gums but the flu like symptoms I had to deal with wasn’t worth it ! I was done after one pill ... I will NEVER TAKE THIS AGAIN !! Good luck "

Angel3121 September 6, 2018

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "I get a bad flu, and bronchitis, unfortunately often, due to pneumonia as a baby damaging my lungs. Augmentin always works, with no side effects, except the general weakness of the illness. However, some doctors have prescribed stronger antibiotics, & they completely mess up my stomach, some with a burning sensation, & I end up losing weight. I am currently recovering, yet again, on Augmentin 625, once a day, 7 days."

Weak Lungs (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 5, 2018

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Badcold acute asmatic side effects bloaty pains while stooling and urine no sex pain hmm so wat yogurt use?"

Humorous (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2018

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "This drug is awful. I have 3 days left and I physically cannot handle it anymore. I'm intensely nauseous every day but I never vomit. I just drool at the mouth and dry heave until it wears away. But by the time the nausea settles it's time to take another pill! It makes going to work almost impossible. I also get unusual headaches and generally feel terrible. Unfortunately it's a holiday so I am unable to contact my doctor for something new. Considering risking it and quitting - never again."

jas93 (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2018

For Not Listed / Other: "Prescribed by GP to treat dizziness possibly caused by middle ear infection. Did not help, neither did another antibiotic but probably because it was not bacterial infection. Still not sure what caused this dizziness and a bit of hearing loss but it's getting better over time. Used penicillin before from throat infection, helped really fast. No noticeable side effects but would recommend course of probiotics to restore bacteria in the gut. Took for a week. Before took clarithromycin for a week"

III (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2018

For Strep Throat: "I had tonsillitis and was given regular amoxicollin at first. It didn't do squat. About a week into using it, I went back to the doctor and she gave me augmentin. It worked wonders. After literally just one pill all the pus in my tonsils was gone. By the third or fourth pill, the swelling was gone too. I felt like my normal self only a day and a half after starting. I did get loose stool and a bit of a rash but nothing too bad so far (I am still taking it at the moment). I recommend this medicine for anyone who can't get better off of other antibiotics"

ESE (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2018

For Otitis Media: "Was prescribed this medicine 2 x a day for 7 days. Laid awake all night several nights and could not sleep. 2 days after completing the medicine I started having severe watery diarrhea every time I eat anything... I have taken probiotics along with pepto bismuth with no relief and it has now been 5 days straight . I wake up every morning and it starts again. By 8:30 this morning been 5 times. I had a severe migraine headache for last 2 days straight that medicine does not help and I am someone that never has headaches. This medicine is very scary and I’m worried what it is doing to my stomach. I have a doctor appointment tomorrow and will see what happens. I will never take this medicine again!!! I just thought it was amoxicillin and had never had a problem that but this mixture with the clav is awful!!!!!"

Kay (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2018

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Sinusitis: "Was prescribed Augmentin 875/125 for a bad chest infection twice a day for 14 days six months ago, and I barely made it to day 10 and had to quit, I felt horrible, constantly sick to my stomach - gut sick, pain, bloating, gas, and my body felt like the flu, with body aches and strange sweat episodes, and a pounding heart beat occasionally. Recently, I had a bad case of sinus infection, so I requested a lower dose of 500mg when prescribed the same medicine for 7 days, twice a day. I am on day 5 today, and absolutely cannot take it anymore; same symptoms, I feel worse, my head is pounding, my stomach is completely full nausea and gut sick with pain, and I have experienced small low-grade fever with sweats this time, and brain fog. So that with all the body aches, and burning eyes -- I am just gonna let it go again, because I tried. I however, never had any reactions to Doxycyline or Keflex, but Augmentin, is like taking a flu pill for rapid onset."

George_B August 18, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Ok. Let me start off by saying this medication has been great. I was prescribed 875mg 2x daily for 5 days. I was first prescribed Macrobid, but that made me sick on the first dose so my doctor switched to Augmentin. Some of these reviews unfortunate, BUT REMEMBER. Antibiotics work differently for everyone. Drugs like Flagyl and Macrobid make me violently ill, but Augmentin/Amoxicillin drugs have been incredibly helpful. I did have a headache and on and off nausea throughout the week, but it is very tolerable. Take it with food, plenty of water, and a daily probiotic. Also, try to avoid coffee, as it intensified my nausea. There is no way to know how your body will react unless you try it, so don't be scared like I was. If you do get sick, there are always other options. I should also mention that it cleared up my UTI symptoms after about 48 hours."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2018

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Augmentin has worked really well on my recent UTI. I started 2 a day Augmentin for 7 days along with copious amounts of Cranberry Juice (see References below) and within less than a day temp was down from 103F to 99F. Pain had dropped from level 8 to a level 2 in a day. Take with yogurt or with a meal, increase fluid and fiber intake. Finish all the medicine even though your symptoms have gone after a few days. Prevention is the best approach. DO Wash hands thoroughly after wiping and before any contact near your urinary tract. References: Kontiokari, T., Sundqvist, K., Nuutinen, M., Pokka, T., Koskela, M., & Uhari, M. (2001). Randomised trial of cranberry-lingonberry juice and Lactobacillus GG drink for the prevention of urinary tract infections in women. Bmj, 322(7302), 1571. Howell, A. B., & Foxman, B. (2002). Cranberry juice and adhesion of antibiotic-resistant uropathogens. JAMA: the journal of the American Medical Association, 287(23), 3082-3083."

HomeDoc August 12, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...